Abbas Afridi ruled out of the 3rd and 4th T20Is against New Zealand [Update on post#14]

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Abbas Afridi has ruled out of the 3rd T20i against New Zealand.

Dunedin, January 16, 2024:

Abbas Afridi has been ruled out of the 3rd T20i against New Zealand due to discomfort from a low-grade abdominal wall muscle strain.

His scan has shown no sign of significant injury, and he will be managed symptomatically.

His availability for the last 2 games will be made at a later stage.​

The result of PCB not having a proper fitness regime, whats the injury count?

This is absolutely a horror show now for the Pakistan team. Injury after injury, what is going on here? These players are so weak that they get injured just after playing 2 matches. Not good at all.

Wasim Jr will replace him now I belive for the next game.

Brutal.

Everyone is getting injured like it's a viral infection.

When you use 200% your body and only 5% of your brain then this bounds to happen.

Terrible news

One of the few players who I was keen on to do well. He’s a fantastic T20 bowler

Fitness seems to be a needed project for Pakistan cricket.

Each player needs to be put through MRI/C-Scans to check they are not hiding any injuries or are sitting on top of a potential problem!

He only bowled 8 hours over 2 games with him breaking down.

Old buddha Jim Anderson at 42 is still kicking strong albeit he only plays tests these days but common he’s twice Abbas is age lol

That is the fitness level of our players.. 2 matches they play and get injured for another 4 games.

Why are so many pakistani bowlers getting injuired.

Because bowling is the hardest part of cricket and these players conduct themselves as semi pro and eat biryani and not strength train for most of the time.

Pakistan cricket is dying in front of our eyes sadly.

Update on Abbas Afridi's injury:

Abbas Afridi is recovering well but he is still not fully fit to be available for the 4th T20I game today.

Update on Abbas Afridi's injury:

Abbas Afridi is recovering well but he is still not fully fit to be available for the 4th T20I game today.
only guy who was bowling well is injured now which means we have to stick with run machine HR

Abbas came back into the side for the 5th and final T20I game of the series. Looks fit and did good as well.

This guy is the real deal for T20 cricket. He can bat, has some good bowling variations and most importantly he is consistent with his line and lengths.

He could be a very good prospect for Pakistan.

I like him. He can put the ball where he wants and considering he's not the quickest, hits the deck hard when he wants to, whcih mixed with his slower balls is quite potent. Plus he has some swag which is much needed at this level.

Back