Accountability of the Team Physio/Trainer Cliffe Deacon

Savak

Test Captain
Runs
Post of the Week
I am surprised that no one has asked questions about this guy.

He has been working with the Pakistan team since 2021 in various capacities as team trainer, physio. He is not the fittest person himself and carries a belly. The fitness of our players especially our pacers i.e. Shaheen, Naseem has gone down the drain under his watch.

Gillespie apparently is not happy with the fitness of the Pakistani players especially the pacers where he is seeing that they lose steam in their second and third spells, they can't sustain their speeds and neither have the strength to consistently bowl penetrative bouncers or bowl with the old ball in general. He was told by the team physio Cliffe Deacon that all the players especially the bowlers were fit and had passed the fitness test but what he has himself seen in this series has been completely contradictory. Deacon has been around for a long time with the team and PCB set up and some sports reporters are reporting that he has a close relationship with the players and he happily willingly gives them all clear on the fitness tests and hides their niggles in order to keep them happy and to keep his job.

He has been with the team for 4 years now and he should be moved on.

Let’s be honest

The guy is just there for s** appeal

Even the professional western folks become Shariff Zardari when getting associated with PCT.

I’m sure Zuckerberg would be become a patwari if he shifts to Pakistan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even the professional western folks become Shariff Zardari when getting associated with PCT.
I’m sure Zuckerberg would be become a patwari if he shifts to Pakistan.

Why not? When they see everyone has a free ride and no questions are asked, no one is held accountable and asked to justify their positions where they are earning handsomely then why would they not want to work for the Pakistani team.

Gillespie apparently is not happy with the fitness of the Pakistani players especially the pacers where he is seeing that they lose steam in their second and third spells, they can't sustain their speeds and neither have the strength to consistently bowl penetrative bouncers or bowl with the old ball in general. He was told by the team physio Cliffe Deacon that all the players especially the bowlers were fit and had passed the fitness test but what he has himself seen in this series has been completely contradictory. Deacon has been around for a long time with the team and PCB set up and some sports reporters are reporting that he has a close relationship with the players and he happily willingly gives them all clear on the fitness tests and hides their niggles in order to keep them happy and to keep his job.

Proof of this?

I am surprised that no one has asked questions about this guy.

He has been working with the Pakistan team since 2021 in various capacities as team trainer, physio. He is not the fittest person himself and carries a belly. The fitness of our players especially our pacers i.e. Shaheen, Naseem has gone down the drain under his watch.

He has been with the team for 4 years now and he should be moved on.
You watch Caught Behind as well?

Proof of this?

I am not inside the team and recording stuff but i can only cite what experienced sports journalists like Abdul Najeeb Satti, Sawera Pasha, Syed Ali Imran are stating on twitter and their respective YT channels.

Back