Alleged Indian government involvement in plots to assassinate Sikh separatists living in the West

Canada basically accused India of murder from its sacred Parliament House based on information collected on Google Search. These are the standards of Canadian investigations and diplomacy. What a mockery of International Rules Based Order
The really sad thing about the whole affair is how these Khalistanis, who have murdered thousands of innocents, have not only settled happily in Canada but are also dictating to the politicians there. These thugs, who represent only a minority of an otherwise peaceful and hard working community, have ruined the relations between India and Canada. How could Canada, a modern country that has been a beacon of human rights and liberties, allow these terrorists to get so far?
The perpetrators of Air India 182 are still at large and none of them have been brought to justice by the Canadian courts. Many of its passengers were Canadian citizens. Don't they deserve any justice?
How these 'woke' types can sacrifice innocents at the altar of so-called 'political correctness' is beyond me.

The really sad thing about the whole affair is how these Khalistanis, who have murdered thousands of innocents, have not only settled happily in Canada but are also dictating to the politicians there. These thugs, who represent only a minority of an otherwise peaceful and hard working community, have ruined the relations between India and Canada. How could Canada, a modern country that has been a beacon of human rights and liberties, allow these terrorists to get so far?
The perpetrators of Air India 182 are still at large and none of them have been brought to justice by the Canadian courts. Many of its passengers were Canadian citizens. Don't they deserve any justice?
How these 'woke' types can sacrifice innocents at the altar of so-called 'political correctness' is beyond me.
Nobody cares about Khalistan in Canada, well the Caucasians anyway, including Trudeau.

This is all about Trudeau needing Jagmeet Singh to back him with votes and alliance to win the upcoming election, that is all it is.. So Jagmeet is making Trudeau do the Bhangara Bhangara all over the news for giving him a political alliance.

No one cares about Khalistan, it is a dead duck..

But PM Modi is on another level, best PM so far in Indian history, well a little below our PM to be in 2024 AKA Wheel is turning Wheel is turning, diaper pooping Raul Puppu :LOL:

^ Thankfully for indian immigrants, Canada isn't an immature country that will suspend indian immigration or visas.

Regarding this supposed threat of 'Khalistan', simple solution for India is to deny visas to any Punjabi/Sikh engaging in public secessionist talk or advocacy. Problem solved.

^ Thankfully for indian immigrants, Canada isn't an immature country that will suspend indian immigration or visas.

Regarding this supposed threat of 'Khalistan', simple solution for India is to deny visas to any Punjabi/Sikh engaging in public secessionist talk or advocacy. Problem solved.
what happens when they are part of the head of state visit?

was it trolling by Canada or incompetence?

Well, still waiting for the BIG 5 to take India to task... Come on TruDeau waiting for your alleged evidence.

This is a tiring wait... :LOL:
Hope you are enjoying life in New Dehli bro, nothing speaks more from the heart of the rise of India when a man lives and dies breathing the air of his home country.

Wait, what's that..? You live in Australia? But...but...western countries are terrible surely?!!

No one listens to Pakistan when they talk about Indo Pak issues, who will give credence to their position on Indo Canadian relationship?
Ok, and no one listens to Indian as well in those issues, what's your point? If that's your point, all good. But you are in no place to tell people here they shouldn't comment.

what happens when they are part of the head of state visit?

was it trolling by Canada or incompetence?

If a Khalistani is part of Trudeau's visiting delegation, all the more reason to deny a visa to that person. It will signal to Trudeau how seriously India takes secessionism.

Maybe you prefer murdering people on foreign soil. But you need economic hard power like that of the USA to engage in that kind of arrogance.

Do you know how much the Indian students contributed to the Canadian economy?

“Not just that, as international students bring in 30 billion dollars to the Canadian economy each year, it could have a knocking impact on other sectors as well. In housing, for example, we are talking about widespread mortgage defaults in major metros — Greater Toronto Area (GTA), Greater Vancouver Area, Calgary — where students are present in large numbers. They make up a substantial chunk of the population renting houses, subsidising homeowners' mortgages at a time when interest rates are sky high,” Daksh Panwar tells IndiaToday.In from London, Canada.

Thankfully we don't have scared cats running our government.

“Not just that, as international students bring in 30 billion dollars to the Canadian economy each year, it could have a knocking impact on other sectors as well. In housing, for example, we are talking about widespread mortgage defaults in major metros — Greater Toronto Area (GTA), Greater Vancouver Area, Calgary — where students are present in large numbers. They make up a substantial chunk of the population renting houses, subsidising homeowners' mortgages at a time when interest rates are sky high,” Daksh Panwar tells IndiaToday.In from London, Canada.

OK so if we bring money to Canada we can kill who we like.

Is that the logic here?

Canada is a first world country that will do just fine without Indian immigration.

If a no-nonsense hardliner was in power in Canada, he would've suspended Indian immigration and just increased student visas for other countries, especially China. Be thankful that Trudeau isn't a hardliner.

Hope you are enjoying life in New Dehli bro, nothing speaks more from the heart of the rise of India when a man lives and dies breathing the air of his home country.

Wait, what's that..? You live in Australia? But...but...western countries are terrible surely?!!
Cap western countries are great bro, I just want the 5 eyes to take India to task like how Britstanis who are not part of the Caucasian western history are saying, that's all.

Is that too much to ask ? So far all I see is the remaining 4 eyes just sitting there twidling their thumbs and wasting time 😭

OK so if we bring money to Canada we can kill who we like.

Is that the logic here?
Except that there is still no evidence that India was involved in the killing, and none of the other countries with whom Canada allegedly shares all intelligence have condemned India yet. Nijjar was most likely murdered by some rival Sikh gang over some money/drug related issue. Some members of the Canadian Sikh community are known to indulge in such activities.
Indians are generally seen as good quality immigrants everywhere and most countries will not suspend visas to Indians unless there's some really serious issue.
India has suspended visas to Canadians as a sizeable number of Canadian citizens who apply for Indian visas are Khalistani supporters who migrated illegally, destroyed their Indian passports and declared statelessness in Canada to avoid being deported. It is a popular ploy with these criminals. Once such people get Canadian passports, they have to use the visa route to visit India as they cannot apply for OCI cards which requires the official surrender of the Indian passport.

Except that there is still no evidence that India was involved in the killing, and none of the other countries with whom Canada allegedly shares all intelligence have condemned India yet. Nijjar was most likely murdered by some rival Sikh gang over some money/drug related issue. Some members of the Canadian Sikh community are known to indulge in such activities.
Indians are generally seen as good quality immigrants everywhere and most countries will not suspend visas to Indians unless there's some really serious issue.
India has suspended visas to Canadians as a sizeable number of Canadian citizens who apply for Indian visas are Khalistani supporters who migrated illegally, destroyed their Indian passports and declared statelessness in Canada to avoid being deported. It is a popular ploy with these criminals. Once such people get Canadian passports, they have to use the visa route to visit India as they cannot apply for OCI cards which requires the official surrender of the Indian passport.

Again, the logic seems to be since no one has condemned it, we must be right.

I can understand that from Mr. Modi and Co because they have to hold on to power etc but I find it difficult to fathom how normal people can make such comments.

Canada is a first world country that will do just fine without Indian immigration.

If a no-nonsense hardliner was in power in Canada, he would've suspended Indian immigration and just increased student visas for other countries, especially China. Be thankful that Trudeau isn't a hardliner.

Immigration is unavoidable and even essential in todays world. Talent issin short supply everywhere, even more so in first world countries.
And a no-nonsense hardliner won't take the support of an established terror sympathiser just to remain in office.

Again, the logic seems to be since no one has condemned it, we must be right.

I can understand that from Mr. Modi and Co because they have to hold on to power etc but I find it difficult to fathom how normal people can make such comments.
Since no one has condemned it, India can be given the benefit of doubt.

Some are convinced that India is at fault without seeing any evidence, which is equally difficult to fathom. Or maybe it isn't?

Immigration is unavoidable and even essential in todays world. Talent issin short supply everywhere, even more so in first world countries.
And a no-nonsense hardliner won't take the support of an established terror sympathiser just to remain in office.

As I said, my hypothetical hardliner would ban just indian immigration and increase visas for other countries. Lots of chinese folk want to go to Canada.

This is potentially developing into an India vs Canada + US issue. The GOI is obviously aware of what its getting into, and hence deserves a lot of praise. If my understanding is correct, during diplomatic back channel discussions India refused to budge. In the coming days the US is likely to put more pressure on India. India should continue its firm stand.

As I said, my hypothetical hardliner would ban just indian immigration and increase visas for other countries. Lots of chinese folk want to go to Canada.
No one will issue a blanket ban on immigration from any country, hardliner or otherwise. India is one of the biggest suppliers of global talent.
Russia is well known to carry out assassinations in western countries. Yet no one banned any immigration from there till their government invaded Ukraine.
And it is not like Chinese or others are being denied visas by Canada, or that Indians are being preferred. It's just that Canada is one of the popular destinations for Indians to go to, while the Chinese prefer the US, Australia and Continental Europe.

They cannot release evidence because it came from 5 eyes. This is the same reason Indians were telling us why NZ couldn't release evidence when NZ took off from Pakistan in September 2021, when the intelligence supposedly came from 5 eyes.

They cannot release evidence because it came from 5 eyes. This is the same reason Indians were telling us why NZ couldn't release evidence when NZ took off from Pakistan in September 2021, when the intelligence supposedly came from 5 eyes.

True.
But the NZ team did cancel its tour to Pakistan, which can be construed as an action taken based on evidence.
No such action has been taken on India. No remote condemnation from anywhere either.
We'll see it when it happens.

True.
But the NZ team did cancel its tour to Pakistan, which can be construed as an action taken based on evidence.
No such action has been taken on India. No remote condemnation from anywhere either.
We'll see it when it happens.
India has banned Visas Canadian applications. This can also be construed that India knows it is guilty and just sabre rattling for the sake of bravado.

Remember, not a single member of the 5 eyes has disagreed with Canada. This should be enough evidence as it is.

This is potentially developing into an India vs Canada + US issue. The GOI is obviously aware of what its getting into, and hence deserves a lot of praise. If my understanding is correct, during diplomatic back channel discussions India refused to budge. In the coming days the US is likely to put more pressure on India. India should continue its firm stand.
Neither Canada nor US is asking Modi’s head on a platter, that was never their intention.

Canada and US in such cases, never show their moves right away and they certainly aren’t going to cut diplomatic ties, particularly US because they don’t need to, only a third world countries do that because that’s the only option most of the third world countries have or banned visa service, lol. Even Canada in this instance asked India’s intelligence officer to leave Canada not rest of the staff.

5 eyes have achieved their objective already but if you talk to Hindutva they’d make it seem like the world revolves around Bhakths 😂😂😂

No one will issue a blanket ban on immigration from any country, hardliner or otherwise. India is one of the biggest suppliers of global talent.
Russia is well known to carry out assassinations in western countries. Yet no one banned any immigration from there till their government invaded Ukraine.
And it is not like Chinese or others are being denied visas by Canada, or that Indians are being preferred. It's just that Canada is one of the popular destinations for Indians to go to, while the Chinese prefer the US, Australia and Continental Europe.

Of course it won't happen .. I agree, the West is too sensible. I thought India was sensible too and yet the government did a complete visa ban. Childish.

Neither Canada nor US is asking Modi’s head on a platter, that was never their intention.

Canada and US in such cases, never show their moves right away and they certainly aren’t going to cut diplomatic ties, particularly US because they don’t need to, only a third world countries do that because that’s the only option most of the third world countries have or banned visa service, lol. Even Canada in this instance asked India’s intelligence officer to leave Canada not rest of the staff.

5 eyes have achieved their objective already but if you talk to Hindutva they’d make it seem like the world revolves around Bhakths 😂😂😂
Look bro, you joined the forum recently so I’m assuming you are somewhat young. I request you to come up with substantiated arguments rather than just trolling. Never said they're going to 'cut' any ties, I said there will be added pressure.

This labelling of people who support India as Hindutva/Bhakt/RSS is something the Mods should look into. I’m very offended by this as I’m not even a Hindu.

Look bro, you joined the forum recently so I’m assuming you are somewhat young. I request you to come up with substantiated arguments rather than just trolling. Never said they're going to 'cut' any ties, I said there will be added pressure.

This labelling of people who support India as Hindutva/Bhakt/RSS is something the Mods should look into. I’m very offended by this as I’m not even a Hindu.
Huh?

Yea and I agreed with you, US nor Canada will never cut ties, where did I suggest that they would, hence, not asking Modi’s head on the platter.

So agreeing with you is not substantial comment? Which translate into your original comment wasn’t substantive.

There’s a clear distinction between Hindus and Hindutva, plenty of Indians who are Hindu and despise Hindutva extremists ideology.

I’ve only come across Hindutva getting upset for calling them Hindutva while promoting, supporting and defending Hindutva extremists way.

There was "shared intelligence among Five Eyes partners" that informed Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's public allegation of a potential link between the government of India and the murder of a Canadian citizen, United States Ambassador to Canada David Cohen confirmed to CTV News.

In an exclusive interview on CTV's Question Period with Vassy Kapelos airing on Sunday, Cohen confirmed "there was shared intelligence among Five Eyes partners that helped lead Canada to making the statements that the Prime Minister made."

On Monday, Trudeau informed the House of Commons in a rare statement on a matter of national security that Canadian intelligence agencies were investigating "credible allegations" that agents of the Indian government were involved in the June death of prominent Canadian Sikh leader Hardeep Singh Nijjar in B.C.

I have highlighted the same yesterday. This said poster repeats the same few words in every post - Hindutva, Bhakts, RSS etc when these has absolutely no relevance on the topic we are discussing. I mean we can also use Islamists, Jihadis etc etc losely but then that would take the discussion a different turn alltogether. I understand the jealousy factor seeing the growth of India which prompting these over reactions but it is getting extremely difficult to discuss anything in Time Pass section due to these rinse repeat jargons. Not someone who cries to moderator always as they do a very thankless job but hopefully they would look into it.

Nobody cares about Khalistan in Canada, well the Caucasians anyway, including Trudeau.

This is all about Trudeau needing Jagmeet Singh to back him with votes and alliance to win the upcoming election, that is all it is.. So Jagmeet is making Trudeau do the Bhangara Bhangara all over the news for giving him a political alliance.

No one cares about Khalistan, it is a dead duck..

But PM Modi is on another level, best PM so far in Indian history, well a little below our PM to be in 2024 AKA Wheel is turning Wheel is turning, diaper pooping Raul Puppu :LOL:

Jagmeet Singh doesn't have this level of influence on the Sikh population. Yes, he's Sikh but definitely not the spokesperson for the Sikh community in Canada. His party itself couldn't dominate in the Sikh-dominant constituencies as those were almost exclusively Liberal and have been for over a decade.

The constituency he ran out of (Burnaby) is not even Sikh-dominant. It's not even South-Asian dominant. The region is more known for its Chinese Canadian population.

If Jagmeet Singh wanted to influence the Sikh community in Canada, he would be an idiot to use Trudeau to do so. It would further elevate Trudeau's hold on the Sikh community and make it nearly impossible for Jagmeet to grab those votes. Instead, Jagmeet has often worked on separating himself on these issues and showcasing the Liberals as not caring enough about immigrants (which is the right thing to do if you want to grab votes).

The only time Jagmeet has used his leverage on the minority government is for pan-Canada issues to influence voters that are much harder to win over on his own. It still won't work, but that's been the idea.

Canadian politicians usually separate national and international politics. It's the reason Trudeau went after China despite there being a substantial Chinese population here. Even doing the math, out of 338 seats only 7-8 are even remotely close to having a noticeable Sikh population. No one is going to decimate their international standing by creating false narratives for seats they are already known for doing well in.

The reality is India overstepped here and Canada was already unimpressed by China's overstepping in the country. I think India has missed a trick here because they have now lumped themselves with China when they could have been the "better" option for countries like Canada.

I have highlighted the same yesterday. This said poster repeats the same few words in every post - Hindutva, Bhakts, RSS etc when these has absolutely no relevance on the topic we are discussing. I mean we can also use Islamists, Jihadis etc etc losely but then that would take the discussion a different turn alltogether. I understand the jealousy factor seeing the growth of India which prompting these over reactions but it is getting extremely difficult to discuss anything in Time Pass section due to these rinse repeat jargons. Not someone who cries to moderator always as they do a very thankless job but hopefully they would look into it.
jealous? 😂😂, why would anyone take serious when they’ll reply with they are jealousy 😂😂😂

Sikh activist is murdered by Bharti government.

murdered Sikh activist or any Sikh activist condemned Hindutva ideology.

Second in line succession to take over after Modi is yogi, a staunch anti- Muslim and Hindutva.

Bharti government, which is heavily influenced by Hindutva extremists ideology.

Y’all daily try to defend any bigotry that is highlighted by Hindutva with , what about Pakistan, Muslim of India are at fault, whatever excuse y’all can up under the sun.

So please tell us, how do you expect any of us to separate Hindutva from Bharat, when the y’all are about it?

Yea sure gloat about the money. It looks good on paper but ground realities are different. Most of this money is circulating in an underground economy in Canada. Funny thing is it's Indians in Canada that gip Indian students with bogus private colleges and promises of greener pastures. Whereas students live in appalling conditions and have to work 2 to 3 jobs to pay the exhorbent tuition and housing costs. And they're forced to do these jobs well below the minimum wage. Just search Brampton job fair on any popular social media platform and you will see the lines of Indian students looking to apply. A bedspace (bed in a shared room) in Toronto goes upwards of $600 a month. Tuition is 3 times what a Canadian student would pay.

If Government of India really cares about its citizens in Canada then it should be trying to work with the Government of Canada rather than trying to dictate terms because in the end its not Canadians lining up to go to India.

jealous? 😂😂, why would anyone take serious when they’ll reply with they are jealousy 😂😂😂

Sikh activist is murdered by Bharti government.

murdered Sikh activist or any Sikh activist condemned Hindutva ideology.

Second in line succession to take over after Modi is yogi, a staunch anti- Muslim and Hindutva.

Bharti government, which is heavily influenced by Hindutva extremists ideology.

Y’all daily try to defend any bigotry that is highlighted by Hindutva with , what about Pakistan, Muslim of India are at fault, whatever excuse y’all can up under the sun.

So please tell us, how do you expect any of us to separate Hindutva from Bharat, when the y’all are about it?

First of all there is no proof that Indian govt has killed him...it has not yet proven. You simply shouldn't be judge jury and executioner.

Second, Nijjar was no Sikh Activist...he was Khalistani separatist leader involved in many militancy activity in India. He was also denied visa twice from same Canada for unlawful activities. Even Manmohan Singh raised the issue of Nijjar with Canadian authorities in 2014. Was Manmohan Singh a BJP/RSS member?

Please See the below video of the Congress MP and what he has to say about Khalistani militants in Canada.

This topic has absolutely nothing to do with Hindutva, RSS, Bhakts etc. All Indians are together when it comes to separatist's whether its Kashmir or Khalistan. Looks like you are using this thread to spew your inner hatred towards hindus

RSS activists should stop complaining about how they are referred as. First decide among your 1.4 Billion selves how you want your country to be referred as - India, Bharat, or Hindustan, then we can move on to your citizens.

There was "shared intelligence among Five Eyes partners" that informed Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's public allegation of a potential link between the government of India and the murder of a Canadian citizen, United States Ambassador to Canada David Cohen confirmed to CTV News.

In an exclusive interview on CTV's Question Period with Vassy Kapelos airing on Sunday, Cohen confirmed "there was shared intelligence among Five Eyes partners that helped lead Canada to making the statements that the Prime Minister made."

On Monday, Trudeau informed the House of Commons in a rare statement on a matter of national security that Canadian intelligence agencies were investigating "credible allegations" that agents of the Indian government were involved in the June death of prominent Canadian Sikh leader Hardeep Singh Nijjar in B.C.
Hook, line, and sinker.

Confirming what was already known.

Hopefully RSS bots will now refrain from posting Tweets.

RSS apologists have no grounds to seek justice - past or present - when their leader Modi walks free after butchering innocent Muslims of Gujrat.

Remember, it was the members of 5 Eyes that concluded Modi was guilty, with conclusive evidence, resulting in Modi being banned from entering the USA and UK on religious terrorism charges.

You reap what you sow India, but hey, Canada never banned Modi.

India confiscates properties of top Sikh separatist in Punjab​

India’s top investigation agency confiscated on Saturday the properties of a prominent Sikh separatist and close ally of Hardeep Singh Nijjar, whose killing has sparked a diplomatic row between India and Canada.

Gurpatwant Singh Pannun, a lawyer believed to be based in Canada, was designated as a terrorist by Indian authorities in 2020 and is wanted on charges of terrorism and sedition.

He is also the founder of the US-based group Sikhs For Justice (SFJ), whose Canada chapter was headed by Nijjar before he was gunned down by masked assailants in June near Vancouver.

The group, which has been banned by India, has been a vocal advocate for the creation of an independent Sikh homeland called Khalistan.

A diplomatic firestorm erupted this week with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau saying there were “credible reasons to believe that agents of the government of India were involved” in Nijjar’s death.

New Delhi dismissed Trudeau’s allegations as “absurd”, ***-for-tat diplomatic expulsions followed, and India has stopped processing visa applications by Canadians.

Pannun jumped into the raging row and issued a video telling Canadian Hindus to “go back to India”, claiming they had adopted a “jingoistic approach” by siding with New Delhi.

In an interview with an Indian news channel, Pannun said Nijjar had been his “close associate” for over 20 years and was like a “younger brother” to him. He also blamed India for Nijjar’s killing.

‘Heinous crimes’
Soon after his interview was aired, the Indian government issued an advisory to news networks asking them to refrain from giving a platform to people accused of “heinous crimes”.

Armed with court orders, officials of India’s National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Saturday confiscated Pannun’s house in Chandigarh, the capital of the Sikh-majority state of Punjab, it said in a statement.

The NIA also confiscated agricultural land belonging to him in Amritsar, it added.

It accused Pannun of “actively exhorting Punjab-based gangsters and youth” on social media “to fight for the cause of an independent state of Khalistan, challenging the sovereignty, integrity and security of the country”.

In a statement mailed to AFP, Pannun’s office downplayed the confiscation of his properties.

“The issue at the heart of the conflict with India is not the properties of Pannun,” it said.

“This is about the Sikh homeland Punjab that is occupied by India and the resources of the indigenous people of Punjab that are being plundered by Delhi,” it added.

Sikhism is a minority religion originating in northern India that traces its roots back to the 15th century and drew influences from both Hinduism and Islam.

Jagmeet Singh doesn't have this level of influence on the Sikh population. Yes, he's Sikh but definitely not the spokesperson for the Sikh community in Canada. His party itself couldn't dominate in the Sikh-dominant constituencies as those were almost exclusively Liberal and have been for over a decade.

The constituency he ran out of (Burnaby) is not even Sikh-dominant. It's not even South-Asian dominant. The region is more known for its Chinese Canadian population.

If Jagmeet Singh wanted to influence the Sikh community in Canada, he would be an idiot to use Trudeau to do so. It would further elevate Trudeau's hold on the Sikh community and make it nearly impossible for Jagmeet to grab those votes. Instead, Jagmeet has often worked on separating himself on these issues and showcasing the Liberals as not caring enough about immigrants (which is the right thing to do if you want to grab votes).

The only time Jagmeet has used his leverage on the minority government is for pan-Canada issues to influence voters that are much harder to win over on his own. It still won't work, but that's been the idea.

Canadian politicians usually separate national and international politics. It's the reason Trudeau went after China despite there being a substantial Chinese population here. Even doing the math, out of 338 seats only 7-8 are even remotely close to having a noticeable Sikh population. No one is going to decimate their international standing by creating false narratives for seats they are already known for doing well in.

The reality is India overstepped here and Canada was already unimpressed by China's overstepping in the country. I think India has missed a trick here because they have now lumped themselves with China when they could have been the "better" option for countries like Canada.

Hi KU,

I think you misunderstood my post.

I also heard he doesn't have a big influence amongst Canadian Sikhs, however as a member of parliament, his help is vital for Trudeau in the coming elections.

Lets be real here, no one cares about a Khalistan barring the ISI and a few brain washed Sikhs, Khalistan maybe has like 2 percent support in Indian Punjab...

Good post.

Can you help us udnerstand JT's costume drama during his 2018 visit? it was unbecoming of an head of state.

Game playing the current situation out. What is JT's end game here?

So far the response from rest of 5-eyes partners is at best muted/luke warm.

What is canada/JT looking for here?

Indian govt has categorically denied any involvement. Short of Canada/JT publicizing the "evidence", India doesn't have to do any thing.

From his NYtimes interview, JT wants the killers and facilitators in prison. how is that going to happen without evidence?

In 3 months of investigation, BC police and RCMP haven't found anything and from the 5-Eyes intercept, it has been described as potential, alleged, credible link. There are so many qualifiers it is not even funny.

If the credible evidence that will withstand court scrutiny is not there now with JT/Canada, is it gong to come out of thin air in the next couple of weeks?

Hi KU,

I think you misunderstood my post.

I also heard he doesn't have a big influence amongst Canadian Sikhs, however as a member of parliament, his help is vital for Trudeau in the coming elections.

Lets be real here, no one cares about a Khalistan barring the ISI and a few brain washed Sikhs, Khalistan maybe has like 2 percent support in Indian Punjab...

That's fair.

There's no doubt Trudeau has agreed to things he wouldn't have because of the additional votes. Jagmeet literally forced his hand on specific health benefits (Pan-Canada issues as I mentioned) a while ago.

But definitely not for something as prominent as this. It's not the Canadian way of doing things and we usually leave the Americans to muddle in international politics to such an extent.

Plus, like you said the Khalistan movement shouldn't be attributed to the entire Sikh community in Canada. It's likely the vocal minority at best. Now, of course, there's a separate concern when something like this happens. It can incite people who would otherwise not care (i.e. farmer's protests in the past or the idea of a government-sanctioned killing). I remember there were numerous Sikh Canadians who would post about those protests and were unhappy.

My guess is this is likely a part of India's desire to assert itself internationally while testing the waters to see how the West responds. I don't know if it's wise though. Maybe for domestic consumption to show their assertiveness to the local population before elections.

I still think the Khalistan movement is not big enough to warrant harming international ties with your partners. They should remain patient and dig into China's market share with the West.

Good post.

Can you help us udnerstand JT's costume drama during his 2018 visit? it was unbecoming of an head of state.

Game playing the current situation out. What is JT's end game here?

So far the response from rest of 5-eyes partners is at best muted/luke warm.

What is canada/JT looking for here?

Indian govt has categorically denied any involvement. Short of Canada/JT publicizing the "evidence", India doesn't have to do any thing.

From his NYtimes interview, JT wants the killers and facilitators in prison. how is that going to happen without evidence?

In 3 months of investigation, BC police and RCMP haven't found anything and from the 5-Eyes intercept, it has been described as potential, alleged, credible link. There are so many qualifiers it is not even funny.

If the credible evidence that will withstand court scrutiny is not there now with JT/Canada, is it gong to come out of thin air in the next couple of weeks?

Only Trudeau can explain what his (hopefully fired) stylist was up to in 2018. :murali

The first thing we have to understand is that Canada and India are not enemies. This is not an Indo-Pak situation where a head of state would falsely paint the other country as evil for domestic consumption.

If we're being honest, Trudeau would be more than happy to be in a strong relationship with India. There is no history there. This makes you wonder why he would release this information and I feel it has to do with one of three reasons:

1. The aftermath he recently faced about Chinese influence in Canada
2. The news was going to get leaked anyway making him look bad
3. They want to put public pressure on their allies (America, England) to act after trying to convince them behind the scenes

In my eyes, the news is likely true because there's no value in Canada alienating India. It doesn't make sense. They have information (in their eyes) that is valid and enough to showcase Indian involvement. We have to realize court scrutiny is not mandatory when it comes to the relations between two nations falling apart. If they feel you did something, they will get upset and ask for more information.

It's an interesting situation.

The pros and cons of this don't seem worth it for the Indian government. They were sailing smoothly to increased control internationally since Canada was already wanting to reduce its ties with China. Now, they have somehow positioned themselves on the same level for something minimal like a few Khalistan supporters.

The first thing we have to understand is that Canada and India are not enemies. This is not an Indo-Pak situation where a head of state would falsely paint the other country as evil for domestic consumption.
He has played up his Punjabi connections with GOI in particular with Modi in the past. How exactly did so many punjabi's end up in his cabinet while they are only 2% of the population and most of them in BC?

If we're being honest, Trudeau would be more than happy to be in a strong relationship with India. There is no history there. This makes you wonder why he would release this information and I feel it has to do with one of three reasons:

1. The aftermath he recently faced about Chinese influence in Canada
2. The news was going to get leaked anyway making him look bad
Yup. I can see that.
3. They want to put public pressure on their allies (America, England) to act after trying to convince them behind the scenes
To do what exactly?

Scenario A: India did something. There is no way they are going admit with the kinda "potential alleged credible link" when Saudi was able get away scottfree when Turk's caught them red handed. So its up to Canada to bring something more incriminating if they are get GOI play ball

Scenario B: India didn't do any thing, but are more than happy that Nijjar went down. Thats not a crime, in particular given Nijjar's history. talking, making fun of his death is not a crime
The pros and cons of this don't seem worth it for the Indian government. They were sailing smoothly to increased control internationally since Canada was already wanting to reduce its ties with China. Now, they have somehow positioned themselves on the same level for something minimal like a few Khalistan supporters.
Thees is nothing so far GOI to act on. If they did, they will get pushed around like no t'rrow.

This could just be a JT vs Modi thing.

Jt has taken plenty of shots at current Indian govt. Eg is the interfernece in the Farmers protest.

Head of state half the world away commenting on a dometic issue in an emerging market?

This sounds more like JT vs current GOI rather then India vs Canada

@Hitman @Romali_rotti

Bunch of posts removed which ordinarily would have resulted in posters being put on restricted list

No need to attack posters when you run out of arguments. Best not to post if you have nothing useful to add

As expected not a single BJP supporter is willing to admit that, if true, then the actions of their government was in breach of international laws.

They're so set in their extreme nationalistic mindset that they'll defend BJP until their last breath and would rather die than to admit their government may have acted wrongly.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Hitman @Romali_rotti

Bunch of posts removed which ordinarily would have resulted in posters being put on restricted list

No need to attack posters when you run out of arguments. Best not to post if you have nothing useful to add
Run out of arguments ?

Just replying back to him bro, it seems Capt is a bit sensitive and complained to you.

It kinda works both ways bro, can't all be just give, he should be able to take some replies back for his posts directed at us.

^^^^
The worst part of it, the thing that gives me no hope, is that they can't even see it
Immy,

You are a decent poster here, I will give you credit where it is due.

But

What are we supposed to see here ? You come from a religious community that put a bounty on Salman Rushdie for writing a fictional book.

Indians are supposed to just let an extremist/terrorists do whatever he wants and sit still ?

US diplomat says intelligence from ‘Five Eyes’ nations helped Canada to link India to Sikh’s killing​

TORONTO (AP) — Information shared by members of an intelligence-sharing alliance was part of what Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau used to make public allegations of the Indian government’s possible involvement in the assassination of a Sikh Canadian, the U.S. ambassador to Canada said.

“There was shared intelligence among ‘Five Eyes’ partners that helped lead Canada to (make) the statements that the prime minister made,” U.S. Ambassador David Cohen told Canadian CTV News network.

CTV News released some of Cohen’s comments late Friday, and the network said that it would air the full interview with the U.S. envoy on Sunday. No further details were released about the shared intelligence………

As expected not a single BJP supporter is willing to admit that, if true, then the actions of their government was in breach of international laws.

They're so set in their extreme nationalistic mindset that they'll defend BJP until their last breath and would rather die than to admit their government may have acted wrongly.

For the 5th time, this has nothing to do with BJP or Hindutva. Please check my last post on this thread about the speech of Congress MP in parliament regarding this issue. Even Manmohan Singh when PM raised the Khalistani issue with Canadian authorities back in 2014. When it comes to separatists and terrorists whether it is Kashmir or Khalistan, we normally move away from party politics and stay as one.

As far as breaching international law is concerned, there has been no proof that Indian gov is behind the killing. Forget about international law but even in simple law, accusing someone doesn't mean anything...it need to be proven. Where is the proof that India ordered the killing of Nijjar? It is hilarious to see people are going after India and conjuring conspiracy theories based on an allegation that has yet to be proven.

Immy,

You are a decent poster here, I will give you credit where it is due.

But

What are we supposed to see here ? You come from a religious community that put a bounty on Salman Rushdie for writing a fictional book.

Indians are supposed to just let an extremist/terrorists do whatever he wants and sit still ?

Which community I come from and what I practice today is all irrelevant.

if any country, including the country or my birth or where I live now, were accused of breaching international laws then I would condemn it, even without evidence.

People even protested the Iraq Invasion here in England and are allowed to protest against government decisions.

However, with India, it really seems as if the government can do no wrong, no matter what. It's like watching blind nationalism which is a dangerous road

For the 5th time, this has nothing to do with BJP or Hindutva. Please check my last post on this thread about the speech of Congress MP in parliament regarding this issue. Even Manmohan Singh when PM raised the Khalistani issue with Canadian authorities back in 2014. When it comes to separatists and terrorists whether it is Kashmir or Khalistan, we normally move away from party politics and stay as one.

As far as breaching international law is concerned, there has been no proof that Indian gov is behind the killing. Forget about international law but even in simple law, accusing someone doesn't mean anything...it need to be proven. Where is the proof that India ordered the killing of Nijjar? It is hilarious to see people are going after India and conjuring conspiracy theories based on an allegation that has yet to be proven.

"If this is true, I condemn the actions of my government"..
Is that difficult to say?

Why should we condemn our govt based on assumptions? Discussions don't happen with with 'If' statements. Can you also say 'If this is not true, I condemn all my posts targeting Indian govt without any proof'.

We Indians stand with our govt...onus is on Canada to show proof.

Proof dikhao pehle...then will think whether to condemn or not.

Why should we condemn our govt based on assumptions? Discussions don't happen with with 'If' statements. Can you also say 'If this is not true, I condemn all my posts targeting Indian govt without any proof'.

We Indians stand with our govt...onus is on Canada to show proof.

Proof dikhao pehle...then will think whether to condemn or not.
and in the meantime let's all gang up on Canada and Trudeau... expose them and big up our country whilst at the same time have another dig at our neighbours...

I know I'm wasting my time here and shouldn't have bothered posting

Please don't fight with each other as we have no conclusive evidence to prove anything. The point is to accept the facts even if it is against your own country.

If this is true, then majority of Indians would be happy about it. PPers may be ok with different standards for different countries, atleast I don't agree with it. The guy who was killed was a terrorist, just because he didn't cause terror in the country he was living in, doesn't mean that he didn't deserve to die. So whether india did it or not, the end result is something most Indians feel was the right outcome.

and in the meantime let's all gang up on Canada and Trudeau... expose them and big up our country whilst at the same time have another dig at our neighbours...

I know I'm wasting my time here and shouldn't have bothered posting

No no...you are absolutely fine but let me explain. Back in the 80s, Khalistani movement was big in India as they wanted a seperate country for Sikh people. Then they took the route of terrorism and a guy named Bhinderwala hijacked the holy site of golden temple in Amritsar. Indira Gandhi govt then send army to kill him which is known as operation blue star. When Bhindrewala died, these Khalistani sympathisers were angry on Mrs Gandhi and her body guards assasinated her. It triggered wide spread anger against Sikhs. Due to fear of crackdown most of these Khalistani goons fled the country and took shelter in Canada. This guy Hardeep Nijjar was one of them who took asylum in Canada.

Over the course of years, the call for seperate Khalistan has died down completely as most sikhs consider themselves proud Indians. But the organizations like Babbar Khalsa and Sikhs for justice set up in Canada keep perpetrating terrorist attacks in India and on Indian citizens. They even started attacking Indian embassies overseas lile in Brampton, London or Sydney. With new age technology, they even started something called as t-oolkit attacks tarnishing India's image. When Greta Thurnberg caught red handed when she was asked to speak anti India by Sikhs for justice org, it was open for all.

Subsequent Indian govt from all parties have askes Canadian authorities to do a crackdown on these Khalistani terrorists but of no avail. Then G20 happened when Govt of India deliberately humiliated Justin Treadeu. So much so that Canada's opposition parties were mocking him all over. So he went back to his country after being stuck in Delhi for 2 extra days and decided to blame Indian govt for the killing of Nijjar as a revenge politics. I mean if he had intelligence that Indian authorities killed Nijjar, why was he queit before and why did he even go to India for G20?

And based on Treadeu's whimsical statement people are doing bhangra and going after BJP, RSS, Hindutva when most even don't even know what is this Khalistani cry all about.

And based on this whimsical statement of Treadeu, you want us to criticize Indian govt even when there is no proof.

Sorry - we wont. We strongly stand with Indian govt as one. Thank you.

Huh?

Yea and I agreed with you, US nor Canada will never cut ties, where did I suggest that they would, hence, not asking Modi’s head on the platter.

So agreeing with you is not substantial comment? Which translate into your original comment wasn’t substantive.

There’s a clear distinction between Hindus and Hindutva, plenty of Indians who are Hindu and despise Hindutva extremists ideology.

I’ve only come across Hindutva getting upset for calling them Hindutva while promoting, supporting and defending Hindutva extremists way.
How would you feel if someone calls you Hindutva or whatever for putting your points across in a respectful way? That's exactly how I feel too.

Regarding the visa issue, you said ‘they’ will never play such games. Did you hear about the US imposing visa restrictions on Bangladeshis who THEY suspect to be meddling in the local elections in Bangladesh. What kind of a game is that. Now would you call the US 'third world'? This why I hinted that you may not have a full grasp of the situation. The West/US has a history of trying to dictate terms to smaller countries. Imran Khan accused them of such actions, the case with Bangladesh is evident, and the situation with India is ongoing. This was the main point of my initial post, where I highlighted that at least one country is standing its ground which is a positive development irrespective of whether it's involved in the killing or not. I have nothing more to say to you on this matter, let's just agree to disagree.

Those Indians blame Trudeau, must remember:
1. Trudeau, due to his tussle with China, was trying his best to better relations with India for over a year.
2. US intelligence informed Canada about possible involvement of an Indian agency in Sikh separatist leader's killing.
3. Trudeau sent his NSA to Delhi twice to sort out the issue close door.
4. Trudeau spoke in the Parliament only because Canadian Press came to know about it.

Had an awkward conversation yesterday on this matter in Chandigarh with my Canada returned Sikh friends.

I realised that we were coming from very different places from a perspective point of view.

My friends emphasized on human rights point and that GOB cannot indulge in such activities abroad. I put my friendship above arguements and didn’t engage them any further. They will realise over time why Bharat has to be tough like this to secure its future.

The best part was that we all agreed this has made people suffer. Us hindu and Sikh friends quickly changed the topic and enjoyed the food and drinks and left for home smiling.

All said and done, the two communities have always had excellent relationships for as long as politics isn’t part of the discussions.

1. Trudeau, due to his tussle with China, was trying his best to better relations with India for over a year.
2. US intelligence informed Canada about possible involvement of an Indian agency in Sikh separatist leader's killing.
4. Trudeau spoke in the Parliament only because Canadian Press came to know about it.

Was trying his best to have better relations with India by not taking any action on Khalistani terrorists residing in his country?

What action was taken when Nijjar perpetrated so many attacks on innocent Indians especially in Punjab district?

What action was taken against organizations like Babbar Khalsa and SFJ who were behind Delhi riots on republic day?

What action was taken on goons who attacked Indian embassy in Brampton?

Truadeu was NOT doing any favour on India. He like USA, needs rising super power India to counter China.

But India is not a country that can be dictated. In your ex-PM Imran Khan's own words, India is a khudgarz nation and won't bow down to western superpowers.

US provided Canada with Intelligence on killing of Sikh leader NYT report

nope. during his entire premiership, JT has takebn every opportunity to attack the current GOI. Farmers protests intefernce was the last straw. Just becos he had issue with doesnlt mean that GOI has to forget his past shenanigans. world doesn't work that way.
Speculation at best. possible.... alleged... credible... any this describe actionable evidence?
And, India said you have nothing. Burden is on Canada to provide proof. Turkey did with SA and Khassogi

There it is. He threw a serious allegation without any solid proof, to save his ass. Now he and canada has to own the consequences.

What Indians do not realise is that Trudeau is doing the dirty work of the remaining 5 Eyes members. Put simply, Trudeau is the mouth piece, saying what USA, UK, Australia, and New Zealand think deep down think of India, when the same 4 members have India on a leash doing their dirty work against China.

Brings an entire new meaning to double crossing. Pity India doesn't realise, then again, better to die in ignorance.

😆😆😆

So we still don't have any content or info from what was shared between the US and Canada.

US: Nijjar may have been killed by the Indian intelligence agency,

Canada: Thank you so much, yeah so Indians are responsible.

US: Indians could be.

lol 🤣

Still waiting for the evidence, sigh this is going to be a long wait it seems, in the meantime lets enjoy TruDuea doing his Bhangara...

Hope it is the Indian Agency that took this trash out to the garbage bin...

So we still don't have any content or info from what was shared between the US and Canada.

US: Nijjar may have been killed by the Indian intelligence agency,

Canada: Thank you so much, yeah so Indians are responsible.

US: Indians could be.

lol 🤣

Still waiting for the evidence, sigh this is going to be a long wait it seems, in the meantime lets enjoy TruDuea doing his Bhangara...

Hope it is the Indian Agency that took this trash out to the garbage bin...
Looks like canadian pm is left holding the bag. If I had to guess I would say Indian government did the killing. However india is too important on the world stage to push around anymore. Nothing will come out of it. Few more months and back to normal. Same as Saudi Arabia with the journalist killing. Too much oil money. Pakistan gets pushed around as it has nothing to offer

Looks like canadian pm is left holding the bag.
Yup. This issue was hot topic on Canadian newspapers. Now there is no mention of this even on CBC. Looks like canada decided to let this die out.
If I had to guess I would say Indian government did the killing.
Odds are low. Was GOI keeping an eye on Khalistanis in canada? yes. in particular after the farmers protests. Were they happy that Nijjar is no more, yes. did they mouth off in typical south asian style? probably.

Thats a long was from carrying out a hit.

However india is too important on the world stage to push around anymore. Nothing will come out of it. Few more months and back to normal. Same as Saudi Arabia with the journalist killing. Too much oil money. Pakistan gets pushed around as it has nothing to offer
I'd say it worked well for India. It put he focus on Canada and its lenient handling of terrorists. Backed JT into corner. Indian MEA and IFS officials got a good work out on how to deal with tough situations.

Yup. This issue was hot topic on Canadian newspapers. Now there is no mention of this even on CBC. Looks like canada decided to let this die out.

Odds are low. Was GOI keeping an eye on Khalistanis in canada? yes. in particular after the farmers protests. Were they happy that Nijjar is no more, yes. did they mouth off in typical south asian style? probably.

Thats a long was from carrying out a hit.

I'd say it worked well for India. It put he focus on Canada and its lenient handling of terrorists. Backed JT into corner. Indian MEA and IFS officials got a good work out on how to deal with tough situations.
If I was betting on this I would say india killed the guy. Also on world stage i think it makes india look like a spoiled bad mannered childish brat. But that’s how everyone perceives world powers. And india is trying to be one on the world stage .

If I was betting on this I would say india killed the guy.
If JT had the evidence he would be calling it that a released it. not the qualified "alleged" "possible" "credible" link . Its a bet Canada and JT was bet willing to make with information they have.
Also on world stage i think it makes india look like a spoiled bad mannered childish brat.
I disagree. India defended itself robustly from an unproven allegation from a country which didn't care much about India's well being by ignoring and encouraging violent extremists.

I'd say now the focus will be on Canada and their non-action about terrorists. Canada words are are not going to taken seriously if they let this peeter out. tough spot to be in for JT.

^^^^

Correction
Its a bet Canada and JT was bet not willing to make with information they have.

5 Eyes does not release evidence in public, but they do share evidence among its members, and all 5 members agree, Indian government sanctioned the killing.

JT evidence is 5 Eyes evidence, and India do not have a leg to stand on.

^^^^

Correction
Its a bet Canada and JT was bet not willing to make with information they have.
As I said it’s just my opinion. I would say india is as “not guilty” and Saudi Arabia ( journalist killing). Nothing will come of it . india is not a world power yet but india does matter on world stage and can’t be pushed around. So this will be all forgotten .

If JT had the evidence he would be calling it that a released it. not the qualified "alleged" "possible" "credible" link . Its a bet Canada and JT was bet willing to make with information they have.

I disagree. India defended itself robustly from an unproven allegation from a country which didn't care much about India's well being by ignoring and encouraging violent extremists.

I'd say now the focus will be on Canada and their non-action about terrorists. Canada words are are not going to taken seriously if they let this peeter out. tough spot to be in for JT.
We have been over this before. Evidence came from 5 eyes hence cannot be released. This is the same logic Indians were using when NZ took off from Pakistan 2 years ago based on data from 5 eyes.

We have been over this before. Evidence came from 5 eyes hence cannot be released.
Yes. We have.

If evidence cannot be released, there is no compulsion GOI to do anything.
This is the same logic Indians were using when NZ took off from Pakistan 2 years ago based on data from 5 eyes.
Yes, NZ choose to act and protect is players. Pakistan didn't have to do any thing.

Similarly, India doesn't have to do anything.

If Canada believes it has enough evidence, it is up to them to take action.

JT wants people in prison according to NYT interview. Good luck with that w/o releasing evidence.

Guess we will have wait and see what JT and Canada choose to do.

5 Eyes does not release evidence in public, but they do share evidence among its members, and all 5 members agree, Indian government sanctioned the killing.

JT evidence is 5 Eyes evidence, and India do not have a leg to stand on.
So whats your prediction on who and what action is gong to be take action against India? Post it. it will bump worthy later

US?

UK?

Aus?

NZ?

Canada?

Oh I'm not aware of what happened in past 2 day due to some reason. Has Canada provided any evidence so far or they just chanting same ' potential link, Creditable allegation ,Credible source etc

So whats your prediction on who and what action is gong to be take action against India? Post it. it will bump worthy later

US?

UK?

Aus?

NZ?

Canada?
I've mentioned not my prediction but reality.

5 eyes despise India, India a cesspit according to them, but they are happy to keep India on a leash towards achieving their goal against China. Once again, India being used by the West. Only this time, its stealth mode and the West get to coin money out of it, again.

Remember, Modi was banned by the USA and UK under religious terrorism charges.

Bump all you want.

A cynic might say that prematurely publicizing the explosive findings against India is a diversion tactic to steer attention away from the China interference file and the domestic issues piling up. Or that it is simply amateur hour at the offices of the prime minister and foreign affairs.

Or — as was acknowledged Tuesday in an Atlantic Council panel on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly — that major actors are increasingly leaning into transnational repression to eliminate or silence opponents. Goody-two-shoes Canada, wanting to defend freedom of expression at home, innocently finds itself in the jaws of the very superpowers it is trying to court.

Back