Alleged Indian government involvement in plots to assassinate Sikh separatists living in the West

So you know and speak to all the Punjabi Sikhs that live in India ?
Wallahi even if Punjabi Sikhs were in favor they aren't saying that **** without being labeled terrorists lmao.

Idk why Hindu Indians are so upty about Punjabis wanting their own country which they can better identify with. Not like it's ever going to happen.

Coming from someone who actually interacts with Punjabis on a daily basis.

New generation have the same thinking and don't call themselves Indian, they call themselves Punjabis.

The ones on the fence are indifferent or aren't in favor as they do not want conflict and see it is futile battle (in the same group but am for seperation if given a choice).

India will not let go for geopolitical reasons and a referendum won't get anything done. Even if the referendum shows Punjabis want out, India is not going to validate it. Only way for it is war but that's pointless bloodshed so what we have is what we have no with both sides barking until things shimmer down and it falls into the background. The attack in Canada will be forgotten and this movement will disappear again.

Where did you interacted with these new gen people?

Where did you interacted with these new gen people?
Again, they're more in my line of thinking of not being wanted to be associated with Indians because of the bad reputation that has been built overseas and would be happy with a fresh start and association with a group which is generally more respected and looked upon more fondly by locals.

It's the main reason I'd support it lol, not that I would get a choice as I'm not an Indian national.

Wallahi even if Punjabi Sikhs were in favor they aren't saying that **** without being labeled terrorists lmao.

Idk why Hindu Indians are so upty about Punjabis wanting their own country which they can better identify with. Not like it's ever going to happen.
So now you are saying you don't know if majority of the Indian Sikhs want to separate from India..

Make up your mind sunshine, you first said most Punjabis want to separate, now you waffling and making excuses..

Either back it up with proof or keep quiet...

@cricketjoshila have you been overseas? I know you might think it's Pakistani PPers trolling but nah man Indians are crapped on heavily. The reputation has been destroyed by visiting students and Indian guys looking to get citizenship. The Indian stereotype is killing us.

So now you are saying you don't know if majority of the Indian Sikhs want to separate from India..

Make up your mind sunshine, you first said most Punjabis want to separate, now you waffling and making excuses..

Either back it up with proof or keep quiet...
Do you live overseas? If given the choice of getting out, would you take it? Or would you be fine with having to be associated with a group which is treated with such disrespect and taunted because of the actions of idiots. You can't even escape it online. Nearly every 100 tweets you get a tweet acusing another of being Indian in a derogatory way.

Do you live overseas? If given the choice of getting out, would you take it? Or would you be fine with having to be associated with a group which is treated with such disrespect and taunted because of the actions of idiots.
Stop drifting, you made a claim, you said most Punjabi Sikhs wanted a different state.

Now back it up with proof..

I will keep bringing you back to your claim...

I want any Indian here to justify why anyone would want to stay and be associated with a nation like India which is basically viewed as second class overseas.

I dare the NRIs who have lived and seen this to justify it.
Answer this question. I asked you this first and you've avoided it.

@cricketjoshila have you been overseas? I know you might think it's Pakistani PPers trolling but nah man Indians are crapped on heavily. The reputation has been destroyed by visiting students and Indian guys looking to get citizenship. The Indian stereotype is killing us.

For nearly 15 years i would spend a lot of time traveling with my grandfather to London. Haven't been there in last 15 years. But big part of my family resides in London and in France.

Have seen many European countries including France Germany Italy Austria Belgium Netherlands etc.

Have been to UAE Indonesia Malaysia etc.

Haven't been to the Americas or Australia.

But have a number of friends in USA and i haven't heard even one of them saying what you are saying.

Stop drifting, you made a claim, you said most Punjabi Sikhs wanted a different state.

Now back it up with proof..

I will keep bringing you back to your claim...
Looks like my boi Aman got caught out, he wont be answering this post with proof...

Answer this question. I asked you this first and you've avoided it.

If by being second class means becoming PM or VP or lead a number of fortune 500 companies or be in leadership positions at IMF or World Bank. Well...

Now please tell me where did you interact with these new generation? Which country? City etc?

I want any Indian here to justify why anyone would want to stay and be associated with a nation like India which is basically viewed as second class overseas.

I dare the NRIs who have lived and seen this to justify it.
I am OCI, it states I am an Overseas Citizen of India on my OCI identity card.

I was born in India, my roots are there, my cultural, religious, heritage identity is all India which I am proud of.

Now, answer my question, and stop running away....

My opinion on seperation is pretty selfish and I'd only support it to get away from the stereotype which has turned the word Indian into an insult and meme.

I'm generalizing that people would feel the same about not connecting to Indians like I do and associating more with Punjabis because they share the same language, culture, food etc. I don't think that's much of a reach. I don't know how much a Punjabi would feel connected to someone from Gujrat or Tamil Nadu where things are vastly different.

Whether Punjab remains a part of India or not. I'm not losing sleep over it.

I can see both POVs from an identity and economic POV and I'm letting my personal feelings of a fresh start cloud my judgement and ignoring how from an economic point of view it would be a disaster and would cause a lot of conflicts which just aren't worth the hassle of wanting a nation which Punjabis can better identify with.

It's why the movement is dead and has never gone anywhere in India and overseas.

I don't know how much a Punjabi would feel connected to someone from Gujrat or Tamil Nadu where things are vastly different.

The question would be .. why do you need to secede as a separate state ? If you don't like Gujarat or Tamil Nadu or don't connect with them, just avoid those places.

Wait, this guy had connections to a terrorist group... My bad.

Should have actually read a bit more on the guy before jumping to conclusions.

So he was the mastermind more terrorist attacks lol...

No sympathy. A terrorists death is not going to spark a rebellion or revival for this movement.

Really ? Do you have any source for this claim ? Meanwhile as per latest world bank data (2021) India's poverty rate is just 11.9% i.e. 167 million of 1407.6 million population

Even if your figure is taken at face value,that is 167mn in absolute poverty. That isn't far off the combines population of UK, Germany and Netherlands. And here you are guys doing your barka, when in reality you are just the need of the hour

Even if your figure is taken at face value,that is 167mn in absolute poverty. That isn't far off the combines population of UK, Germany and Netherlands. And here you are guys doing your barka, when in reality you are just the need of the hour
Data was from 2021 and we are moving in the right direction.

Sources told News18 that the Royal Canadian Mounted Police visited the offices of Rahat Rao in Surrey and questioned him for two hours in connection with the murder of Khalistani extremist Hardeep Singh Nijjar

Teams from the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) visited the offices of Rahat Rao, an alleged ISI plant, in Surrey and questioned him for two hours in connection with the murder of Khalistani extremist Hardeep Singh Nijjar, sources told News18.
Sources added that Rao was asked to delete all posts from his social media pages in front of the RCMP personnel.
“RCMP did not disclose the reason for their visit publicly, but it was possibly related to his knowledge about the killing of Nijjar,” a source said.
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has alleged that the Indian government was behind the killing of Nijjar, 45, outside a gurdwara in Surrey in British Columbia on June 18. India had designated Nijjar as a terrorist in 2020.
India has rejected the allegations as “absurd” and “motivated” and expelled a senior Canadian diplomat in a ***-for-tat move to Ottawa’s expulsion of an Indian official. India has also asked Canada to crack down on terrorists and anti-India elements operating from its soil and suspended visa services for Canadians.
News18 had earlier reported that the hand of Pakistan’s spy agency ISI is suspected to be behind Nijjar’s killing.
Sources had told News18 that Rahat Rao and Tariq Kiyani are ISI plants in Canada, doing the maximum work for the spy agency. “They are even handling the terrorists who come from India and are on the wanted list.”
Sources said Nijjar may have been killed for business reasons and that Rao and Kiyani may have wanted to control the drug business. Sources said the trio of Rao, Kiyani and Gurpatwant Singh Pannun possibly laid the trap to control the drug and immigration business which is the main source of income for them.
Amid Canada’s allegations of India’s “potential” involvement in the killing of Nijjar, External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar has said that New Delhi conveyed to Ottawa that it is not the government of India’s policy and it is open to looking at “specific” and “relevant” information in the case.

Jaishankar made the comments in a conversation at the Council on Foreign Relations in New York on Tuesday after addressing the UN General Assembly session.
“Yes, I do have a comment. I’ll share with you very frankly what we told the Canadians,” Jaishankar said when asked if he had any comment.
“One, we told the Canadians that this is not the government of India’s policy,” Jaishankar said. “Two, we told the Canadians saying that look, if you have something specific, if you have something relevant, let us know. We are open to looking at it,” Jaishankar said while responding to a question from former US Ambassador to India and CFR Distinguished Fellow Kenneth Juster, in his first public comments on the issue.
Jaishankar asserted that one must also understand the context because the “picture is not complete” without the context of it.
“You also have to appreciate that in the last few years, Canada actually has seen a lot of organised crime relating to the secessionist forces, organised crime, violence, extremism. They’re all very, very deeply mixed up,” he said.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hackers calling themselves the Indian Cyber Force have claimed credit for knocking the Canadian Armed Forces official website offline as a diplomatic row grows between the two countries.

The group, not thought to have formal links to New Delhi, said on Telegram that it had taken down the www.forces.ca website.

Operators of the channel shared a screenshot of an error page with the message f— Canada.

Last week they posted the message: Get ready to feel the power of IndianCyberForce attacks will be launching on Canada cyber space it’s for the mess your started.

The cyberattack, thought to be a distributed denial of service (DDoS) assault, came as tensions between New Delhi and Ottawa continued to simmer over the murder of an Indian dissident in Canada.

Source: The Telegraph

India’s feud with Canada over the killing of a Sikh leader highlights how Prime Minister Narendra Modi has amplified a separatist threat that is largely a diaspora illusion, and provides an important political narrative ahead of a national election.

Source: NYT

Sources told News18 that the Royal Canadian Mounted Police visited the offices of Rahat Rao in Surrey and questioned him for two hours in connection with the murder of Khalistani extremist Hardeep Singh Nijjar

Teams from the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) visited the offices of Rahat Rao, an alleged ISI plant, in Surrey and questioned him for two hours in connection with the murder of Khalistani extremist Hardeep Singh Nijjar, sources told News18.
Sources added that Rao was asked to delete all posts from his social media pages in front of the RCMP personnel.
“RCMP did not disclose the reason for their visit publicly, but it was possibly related to his knowledge about the killing of Nijjar,” a source said.
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has alleged that the Indian government was behind the killing of Nijjar, 45, outside a gurdwara in Surrey in British Columbia on June 18. India had designated Nijjar as a terrorist in 2020.
India has rejected the allegations as “absurd” and “motivated” and expelled a senior Canadian diplomat in a ***-for-tat move to Ottawa’s expulsion of an Indian official. India has also asked Canada to crack down on terrorists and anti-India elements operating from its soil and suspended visa services for Canadians.
News18 had earlier reported that the hand of Pakistan’s spy agency ISI is suspected to be behind Nijjar’s killing.
Sources had told News18 that Rahat Rao and Tariq Kiyani are ISI plants in Canada, doing the maximum work for the spy agency. “They are even handling the terrorists who come from India and are on the wanted list.”
Sources said Nijjar may have been killed for business reasons and that Rao and Kiyani may have wanted to control the drug business. Sources said the trio of Rao, Kiyani and Gurpatwant Singh Pannun possibly laid the trap to control the drug and immigration business which is the main source of income for them.
Amid Canada’s allegations of India’s “potential” involvement in the killing of Nijjar, External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar has said that New Delhi conveyed to Ottawa that it is not the government of India’s policy and it is open to looking at “specific” and “relevant” information in the case.

Jaishankar made the comments in a conversation at the Council on Foreign Relations in New York on Tuesday after addressing the UN General Assembly session.
“Yes, I do have a comment. I’ll share with you very frankly what we told the Canadians,” Jaishankar said when asked if he had any comment.
“One, we told the Canadians that this is not the government of India’s policy,” Jaishankar said. “Two, we told the Canadians saying that look, if you have something specific, if you have something relevant, let us know. We are open to looking at it,” Jaishankar said while responding to a question from former US Ambassador to India and CFR Distinguished Fellow Kenneth Juster, in his first public comments on the issue.
Jaishankar asserted that one must also understand the context because the “picture is not complete” without the context of it.
“You also have to appreciate that in the last few years, Canada actually has seen a lot of organised crime relating to the secessionist forces, organised crime, violence, extremism. They’re all very, very deeply mixed up,” he said.
Bharatis have to be probably the most gullible population if people believe in this.

India’s feud with Canada over the killing of a Sikh leader highlights how Prime Minister Narendra Modi has amplified a separatist threat that is largely a diaspora illusion, and provides an important political narrative ahead of a national election.

Source: NYT
There is an audience for it, newly acquired wealth without muscle is just wealth, Hindutva extremists need to be seen as a muscle man, that 36" chatthi is a waste if its not creating false sense of bravado.

Hackers calling themselves the Indian Cyber Force have claimed credit for knocking the Canadian Armed Forces official website offline as a diplomatic row grows between the two countries.

The group, not thought to have formal links to New Delhi, said on Telegram that it had taken down the www.forces.ca website.

Operators of the channel shared a screenshot of an error page with the message f— Canada.

Last week they posted the message: Get ready to feel the power of IndianCyberForce attacks will be launching on Canada cyber space it’s for the mess your started.

The cyberattack, thought to be a distributed denial of service (DDoS) assault, came as tensions between New Delhi and Ottawa continued to simmer over the murder of an Indian dissident in Canada.

Source: The Telegraph

LOL... I wonder if there will also be a step up in all the Indian call centre folks that pretend to be Canada Revenue Agency and scam old people.

Indian scam call centers who mascarade as western social services organizations, Amazon and other major retailers to coerce western citizens into divulging their sensitive user information such as account IDs and passwords, banking information as well as social ID numbers have also declared war on Canada and Canadian citizens and vowed to work double shifts to try and scam as many Canadian citizens as possible.

Yeah lets get an identity but its all good if we cant survive being squeezed in between 2 hostile neighbors at their mercy.

You are making all kinds of sense today, credit where it is due..

Not sure Pakistani neighbours would be hostile to Khalistan. At least the public in Punjab wouldn't be. Pakistan itself is struggling to maintain it's credibility as an independent nation with army Generals jailing the publicly elected leaders and selling assets to the highest foreign bidder.

Pakistan is a convenient scapegoat for their people who will close their eyes and believe everything. But I am pretty sure this does not fool the Canadians and their western allies.

Amid a diplomatic spat between India and Canada over the murder of a Sikh community leader, India’s Foreign Minister S. Jaishankar will be meeting his US counterpart Antony Blinken on Thursday in Washington.

During his visit, Jaishankar has a series of meetings planned, including discussions with his US counterpart Antony Blinken, White House officials, members of the US administration, and interaction with the Indian diaspora, said a press statement issued earlier by the Indian Foreign Ministry.

The agenda of the meeting has not been shared but it is believed that the ongoing crisis between India and Canada will be discussed in the meeting.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said last week Canada had credible intelligence linking Indian agents to the murder, prompting an angry reaction from New Delhi. It denied the allegation as absurd and stopped issuing visas to Canadian citizens due to security threats.

In a press briefing on Wednesday, State Department spokesperson Matthew Miller said: I don’t want to preview the conversations he will have in that meeting, but as we’ve made clear, we’ve raised this; we have engaged with our Indian counterparts on this and encouraged them to cooperate with the Canadian investigation, and we continue to encourage them to cooperate.

Miller was responding to questions on the meeting between Jaishankar and Blinken.

Asked about the allegations at a Council on Foreign Relations event in New York, Jaishankar said on Tuesday said New Delhi has told Canada it would look into any "specific" information it provides on the killing of Nijjar.

Nijjar was a vocal supporter of independence for a Khalistani state in the Punjab region. The Indian government has repeatedly insisted that Nijjar was a terrorist a label his supporters denied and at the recent G-20 summit in New Delhi, Prime Minister Narendra Modi chided Trudeau for allowing Sikh separatist protests in Canada.

The Canadian premier's shocking accusation of India's involvement in Nijjar's murder heightened tensions to the point where both countries expelled each other's diplomats.

Trudeau, however, said he was not looking to provoke India and urged officials in New Delhi to cooperate with an investigation into the killing.

The Khalistan movement for an independent Sikh state in India peaked in the 1980s. It was put down by force, and most of its leaders are now said to be in Canada, Australia, and the UK.

Source: Express Tribune

The backlash against India is real and growing.

Thank you Modi. Pakistan squandered time and efforts in trying to convince the realities of India and its Saffron terrorist government to the world, no one listened, but now the world is aware of Saffron terrorism thanks to Modi.

Epic.

Thank you Modi. Pakistan squandered time and efforts in trying to convince the realities of India and its Saffron terrorist government to the world, no one listened, but now the world is aware of Saffron terrorism thanks to Modi.

Epic.
Besides liberal media, no backlash from the governments itself. India is a very important country these days while Canada itself is a econo-political lightweight. Even CNN and Al-Jazeera had articles stating that Trudeau bungled big time.

And now with all the brouhaha over how Canada resettled Nazis (see the similarity there- apparently Canada is in the business of giving asylums to terrorists/nazis worldwide just like England does it to all economic offenders like Nawaz Sharif or Mallya), this will die down.

Besides liberal media, no backlash from the governments itself. India is a very important country these days while Canada itself is a econo-political lightweight. Even CNN and Al-Jazeera had articles stating that Trudeau bungled big time.

And now with all the brouhaha over how Canada resettled Nazis (see the similarity there- apparently Canada is in the business of giving asylums to terrorists/nazis worldwide just like England does it to all economic offenders like Nawaz Sharif or Mallya), this will die down.
There is plenty of backslash, its just you need to cancel your RSS silo subscription and read articles/news behind a paywall.

As for Canada, their citizens can travel free among many parts of the world unlike Indians who are not even recognised as souls of the soil abroad by their very own government.

Not to say anything of the fact that not a single member of the 5 eyes has disagreed with Canada's claim.

But you are right in one aspect, India is very important to the West, because the West has India on a leash in a bid to tackle China.

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said on Thursday he was sure US Secretary of State Antony Blinken would raise the murder of a Sikh separatist leader with his Indian counterpart when the two meet later in the day.

Trudeau made his remarks to reporters in Quebec, 10 days after he announced Canada suspected Indian government agents were linked to the murder of Hardeep Singh Nijjar, which took place in the province of British Columbia in June.

Tribune

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said on Thursday he was sure US Secretary of State Antony Blinken would raise the murder of a Sikh separatist leader with his Indian counterpart when the two meet later in the day.

Trudeau made his remarks to reporters in Quebec, 10 days after he announced Canada suspected Indian government agents were linked to the murder of Hardeep Singh Nijjar, which took place in the province of British Columbia in June.

Tribune
Thats it? I though by now there would clear cut evidence.

Looks like Washington post did a better job of investigation than Surrey police and RCMP

Going over international lines is wrong but Canada really should have handed him over given he was on India's watch list.

Don't want Khalistan terrorists dragging down Punjabis and creating unnecessary conflict.

Epic.
Hasn't been confirmed that it was India but you can't really sympathise with someone who was involved in terrorist activities and was reportedly planning more. He may have wanted seperation but to go about it by killing innocent Indians is messed up and goes against everything Sikhism is about.

There is plenty of backslash, its just you need to cancel your RSS silo subscription and read articles/news behind a paywall.

As for Canada, their citizens can travel free among many parts of the world unlike Indians who are not even recognised as souls of the soil abroad by their very own government.

Not to say anything of the fact that not a single member of the 5 eyes has disagreed with Canada's claim.

But you are right in one aspect, India is very important to the West, because the West has India on a leash in a bid to tackle China.
What has the power of a Canadian passport got to do here? In any case, Nijjar had an interpol red corner notice on him and was on no-fly list of both Canada and US. There were YouTube videos of him threatening Indians. There is also evidence of him being involved in a murder in India. He was no innocent citizen as people are claiming here.

Besides Trudeau seems to have conveniently forgotten the history of Khalistanis in Canada when they blew an AI plane in which hundreds of Canadians died - just because his govt is now being propped up by a party headed by a Khalistani. If India had an hand in his murder it’s wrong on moral grounds, but the precedence itself has been set by US and Israel when they took out their enemies on foreign soil. Even Saudi got away with no less than killing a Washington Post Journalist, go figure!

The State Department readout mentions discussion on G20 results including I-ME-E- economic corridor, 2+2 dialogue, defence, space colab etc BUT in a Big shock to Trudeau, No mention of Canada
20230929_084344.jpg

"We're Very Serious About...": Justin Trudeau On Ties With India Amid Row
Pointing to the increasing influence of India worldwide, Trudeau said that it is "extremely important" that Canada and its allies continue to engage with India.

Montreal : Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said that Canada is still committed to building closer ties with India, despite "credible allegations" of the Indian government's involvement in the killing of Khalistani terrorist Hardeep Singh Nijjar, Canada-based National Post reported. Pointing to the increasing influence of India worldwide, Trudeau said that it is "extremely important" that Canada and its allies continue to engage with India.

Speaking at a press conference in Montreal on Thursday, Trudeau said that he thinks it is "extremely important" that Canada and its allies continue to engage "constructively and seriously" with India given its growing importance on the world stage.

"India is a growing economic power and important geopolitical player. And as we presented with our Indo-Pacific strategy, just last year, we're very serious about building closer ties with India," he told reporters.

"At the same time, obviously, as a rule of law country, we need to emphasize that India needs to work with Canada to ensure that we get the full facts of this matter," National Post quoted Trudeau as saying.

Trudeau said he got assurances from the US that Secretary of State Antony Blinken would be raising the allegations made publicly about India's role in Nijjar's murder during a meeting with his Indian counterpart S Jaishankar in Washington DC on Thursday.

"The Americans have been with us in speaking to the Indian government about how important it is that they be involved in following up on the credible allegations that agents of the Indian government killed a Canadian citizen on Canadian soil," National Post quoted Trudeau as saying.

"This is something that all democratic countries, all countries that respect the rule of law need to take seriously. We are moving forward in a thoughtful, responsible way anchored in the rule of law with all of our partners including in our approach to the Government of India," he added.

Hasn't been confirmed that it was India but you can't really sympathise with someone who was involved in terrorist activities and was reportedly planning more. He may have wanted seperation but to go about it by killing innocent Indians is messed up and goes against everything Sikhism is about.
Moot point really given 100s Millions sympathise with a leader, Modi, who was banned from USA/UK on the grounds of religious terrorism.

US Secretary of State Antony Blinken urged India to cooperate with a Canadian investigation into the murder of a Sikh separatist during a meeting with Indian foreign minister Subrahmanyam Jaishankar on Thursday, a US official said.

US Secretary of State Antony Blinken urged India to cooperate with a Canadian investigation into the murder of a Sikh separatist during a meeting with Indian foreign minister Subrahmanyam Jaishankar on Thursday, a US official said.
Lol, all US is gonna say is ‘we urge India to co-operate’. Trudeau himself saying that he still wants to do business with India. Complete silence after an initial one-liner from UK, Australia, EU.

This issue is going nowhere. Nobody is going to stick out their neck and jeopardize political-economic relations for a bunch of terrorists.

The West refer to Hardeep Singh Nijjar as a separatist, but RSS silos refer to him as a terrorist.

No one outside of India is buying the RSS narrative.

:LOL:

Wondering, would the reaction be any different from bharati extremists if a conservative PM were to highlight the killing of Canadian citizen at the hands of Bharati extremists establishment ?

The West refer to Hardeep Singh Nijjar as a separatist, but RSS silos refer to him as a terrorist.

No one outside of India is buying the RSS narrative.

:LOL:
Politics always plays a role brother.. nothing new here..
Once the liberal party loses, canada will be singing a different tone

"Canada Harbours Extremist Elements, Have Told US": S Jaishankar

In another attack on Canada, which was dubbed a safe haven for terrorists by the Centre last week, External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar has said that the country harbours extremist elements and that India has conveyed its concerns in this regard to the United States.

The comments come amid the simmering row between India and Canada, which was sparked when Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau had claimed last week that "Indian government agents" were involved in the killing of Khalistani terrorist Hardeep Singh Nijjar in British Columbia in June.

The minister made the comments in response to a question during a discussion at a think tank, Hudson Institute, in Washington, DC, on Friday.

"The Canadian Prime Minister made some allegations, initially privately and then publicly, and our response to him, both in private and public, was that what he was alleging was not consistent with our policy. And that if he or his government had anything relevant and specific that they would like us to look into, we were open to looking at it. That's where that conversation is at this point of time," he said.

Politics always plays a role brother.. nothing new here..
Once the liberal party loses, canada will be singing a different tone
Yup, political compulsions. Once Jagmeet Singh is no longer the kingmaker, we will see how much this issue will be in traction.

Tbh though, I seriously doubt India could have pulled this off. I mean, kudos if RAW did it, but in all these years they couldn’t even take out Dawood Ibrahim (and that guy is an Indian citizen!)

Yup, political compulsions. Once Jagmeet Singh is no longer the kingmaker, we will see how much this issue will be in traction.

Tbh though, I seriously doubt India could have pulled this off. I mean, kudos if RAW did it, but in all these years they couldn’t even take out Dawood Ibrahim (and that guy is an Indian citizen!)
If he is no longer the kingmaker, expect to hear lots of arrests of these terrorists in coming years.
Khalistani elements are not so vocal in UK or Australia as in canada just because of the outsized political leverage they have gained in canada.

If he is no longer the kingmaker, expect to hear lots of arrests of these terrorists in coming years.
Khalistani elements are not so vocal in UK or Australia as in canada just because of the outsized political leverage they have gained in canada.
You can see a direct co-relation in the antics and noise these Canadian Khalistanis are making of late, with the rise of the NDP in Canadian politics. Yeah will be interesting to see how they will fare in the next Conservative Govt.

Lets be real here.

Everyone knows a Khalistan is not possible due to the lack of sea and land routes.

All the Empty landers doing Bhangara overseas are funded by the ISI, Chinese etc to steer up trouble against India, that is all it is, it is a money making scam, do a bit of vandalism here and there, cause some violence over there, go crazy on social media and the empty landers get their payment from the above mentioned.

I am just having fun watching this, what a sitcom this is 🤣

WASHINGTON, Sept 29 (Reuters) - Indian Foreign Minister Subrahmanyam Jaishankar said on Friday there was a "climate of violence" and an "atmosphere of intimidation" against Indian diplomats in Canada, where the presence of Sikh separatist groups has frustrated New Delhi.

"Because there is freedom of speech, to make threats and intimidate diplomats, I don't think that's acceptable," Jaishankar told reporters on Friday evening in Washington.

anything further from Canada?

The killing happened in June.

JT made the accusation almost 2 weeks ago.

I mean why would you even open your mouth if you don't have the goods?

Immigration Visa applications from India to Canada have jumped by 4% in the past month!

I wonder if Rishi Sunak was one of those who applied? Just asking because when it looked like his political career was over before stabbing Boris in the back, joshila bhai was wondering if his next move should be to the US?
\

Lets be real here.

Everyone knows a Khalistan is not possible due to the lack of sea and land routes.

All the Empty landers doing Bhangara overseas are funded by the ISI, Chinese etc to steer up trouble against India, that is all it is, it is a money making scam, do a bit of vandalism here and there, cause some violence over there, go crazy on social media and the empty landers get their payment from the above mentioned.

I am just having fun watching this, what a sitcom this is 🤣

Why do you keep referring to Punjab India as Empty Land? What is it lacking?

Why do you keep referring to Punjab India as Empty Land? What is it lacking?
Well Cap.

I have to educate you again, I never referred to Indian Punjab as empty land.

I referred to khalistan as empty land, khali means empty in my mother tongue, stan means land,

so khalistan = Empty land..

You are welcome...

So back to the thread, any updates ??? Yaaaawwwnnn

I am waiting for these supposed evidences which Truduea apparently has....

Where is it ???? come on, this is a loooonggg borring waitt...

Well Cap.

I have to educate you again, I never referred to Indian Punjab as empty land.

I referred to khalistan as empty land, khali means empty in my mother tongue, stan means land,

so khalistan = Empty land..

You are welcome...

Why did you refer to Khalistan as Empty Land in the first place if it was non-existent? What makes it Empty from your point of view?

Ah ok I get it. I didn't realise the Sikh faith actually referred to the term empty as in khali in our language. I assumed Khalsa was a religious term.
It's a fringe movement sir, no matters how deep your schadenfreudian desire to imagine it as mainstream.

It's a fringe movement sir, no matters how deep your schadenfreudian desire to imagine it as mainstream.
Tell us a little about yourself? Where do you live, your interests etc, I see you joined only a few days ago.

What brought you to PakPassion?

Who was Canadian Sikh leader Hardeep Singh Nijjar?

Hardeep Singh Nijjar was born in the district of Jalandhar in the North Indian state of Punjab. As a young man in 1997, he moved to Canada, where he married, had two sons and worked as a plumber.

Settled in the province of British Columbia, he also made a name for himself as a vocal advocate for the creation of Khalistan - a separate homeland for Sikhs, who are a religious minority that makes up 2% of India's population.

He had been labelled a terrorist by India, accused of, among other activities, being the "mastermind" behind the Khalistan Tiger Force (KTF), a banned militant group in the country.

Mr Nijjar - who became a Canadian citizen in 2007 - was a peaceful advocate for Sikh independence in British Columbia and a man who cared deeply about his community.

A large memorial has been set up for him outside the Surrey Gurdwara doors where he served as president. His funeral was attended by hundreds.

"He was so full of energy," Doug McCallum, the former mayor of Surrey, told CityNews Vancouver after his death. "I remember he used to pester me all the time to get a volleyball for the youth in the community and to widen the walkway so that people can get exercise."

But in India, he was wanted under India's Terrorist Act for several cases, including a 2007 cinema bombing in Punjab that killed six people and injured 40, and the 2009 assassination of Sikh Indian politician Rulda Singh.

At the time of his death, he had been planning a non-binding referendum for Sikhs living in British Columbia on the creation of an independent state in India - part of a global campaign by US-based group Sikhs for Justice, which is banned in India.

On the day he was killed, he gave a speech calling on the members of his temple to vote in the referendum, saying it would send a strong message to the Indian government.

The Sikh separatist movement has long been a source of tension in the Canada-India relationship, which analysts have said is now at an all-time low.

BBC

Who was Canadian Sikh leader Hardeep Singh Nijjar?

Hardeep Singh Nijjar was born in the district of Jalandhar in the North Indian state of Punjab. As a young man in 1997, he moved to Canada, where he married, had two sons and worked as a plumber.

Settled in the province of British Columbia, he also made a name for himself as a vocal advocate for the creation of Khalistan - a separate homeland for Sikhs, who are a religious minority that makes up 2% of India's population.

He had been labelled a terrorist by India, accused of, among other activities, being the "mastermind" behind the Khalistan Tiger Force (KTF), a banned militant group in the country.

Mr Nijjar - who became a Canadian citizen in 2007 - was a peaceful advocate for Sikh independence in British Columbia and a man who cared deeply about his community.

A large memorial has been set up for him outside the Surrey Gurdwara doors where he served as president. His funeral was attended by hundreds.

"He was so full of energy," Doug McCallum, the former mayor of Surrey, told CityNews Vancouver after his death. "I remember he used to pester me all the time to get a volleyball for the youth in the community and to widen the walkway so that people can get exercise."

But in India, he was wanted under India's Terrorist Act for several cases, including a 2007 cinema bombing in Punjab that killed six people and injured 40, and the 2009 assassination of Sikh Indian politician Rulda Singh.

At the time of his death, he had been planning a non-binding referendum for Sikhs living in British Columbia on the creation of an independent state in India - part of a global campaign by US-based group Sikhs for Justice, which is banned in India.

On the day he was killed, he gave a speech calling on the members of his temple to vote in the referendum, saying it would send a strong message to the Indian government.

The Sikh separatist movement has long been a source of tension in the Canada-India relationship, which analysts have said is now at an all-time low.

BBC
It is clear now why he was such a threat to Bharat. He was not leading a violent movement because a violent movement is easy to label as terrorism and loses legitimacy. A proper movement such as the one for independence from the brits, which is peaceful, uses legal recourse is always much much more threatening to the oppressors.

India asks Canada to withdraw dozens of diplomatic staff - reports

India has asked Canada to withdraw about 40 diplomatic staff from India, reports say, in a sharp escalation of a weeks-long crisis.

Those who stayed past 10 October would lose their diplomatic immunity, the Financial Times first reported.

Last month, Canada said India may have been behind the killing of a Sikh separatist leader on Canadian soil, which India has denied.

An Indian foreign ministry official told the BBC it had no comment to make.

Canada has many more diplomats in Delhi than India has in Ottawa, and since this crisis erupted India has asked Canada for parity in its diplomatic missions.

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau told reporters on Tuesday he was not seeking to escalate the rift with India.

"We're going to continue to engage responsibly and constructively with the government of India," he said.

Tensions heightened between the two countries, which have historically had close ties, after Mr Trudeau said in September that India may have been behind the 18 June killing of Hardeep Singh Nijjar.

He was a Canadian citizen shot dead in his vehicle by two masked gunmen outside a Sikh temple in British Columbia.

India had designated him a terrorist in 2020.

Mr Trudeau told the Canadian parliament the country's intelligence agencies were investigating whether "agents of the government of India" were involved in the killing of Nijjar.

While India denied the allegation, the foreign ministry later said it was willing to look at any specific information shared by Canada.

Both countries have since expelled a diplomat each of the other nation.

On 21 September, India stopped issuing visas to Canadian citizens citing "security threats" at its missions in Canada.

Foreign ministry spokesperson Arindam Bagchi also said India was looking for "parity in rank and diplomatic strength" between the diplomatic missions of the two countries.

"This is being sought because of Canadian diplomatic interference in our internal affairs," he said.

Canada also announced it was reducing its personnel in India, saying some diplomats had received threats on social media.

"In light of the current environment where tensions have heightened, we are taking action to ensure the safety of our diplomats," a statement said.

Canada's visa services remain open in India.

The US, UK and Australia have urged Delhi to cooperate with Canada's investigation.

The Indian government has often reacted sharply to demands by Sikh separatists in Western countries for Khalistan, or a separate Sikh homeland. Nijjar vocally supported the Khalistan movement.

The movement which peaked in India in the 1980s with a violent insurgency centred in India's Sikh-majority Punjab state was quelled by force.

BBC

It is clear now why he was such a threat to Bharat. He was not leading a violent movement because a violent movement is easy to label as terrorism and loses legitimacy. A proper movement such as the one for independence from the brits, which is peaceful, uses legal recourse is always much much more threatening to the oppressors.
Spot on, he was a threat to Bharat and not leading a 'violent' movement, a proper movement for independence etc like from the Brits.

This is why I always appreciate moralistic Pakistanis, you are the true selfless individuals that show the world the mirror..

Spot on, he was a threat to Bharat and not leading a 'violent' movement, a proper movement for independence etc like from the Brits.

This is why I always appreciate moralistic Pakistanis, you are the true selfless individuals that show the world the mirror..
That doesn’t make him a terrorist.

So wait here a second. According to you this video somehow proves that he is a violent terrorist and not fighting for a just cause, but when Canadian and US intel confirms India’s hand in his assassination, that’s not good enough for you? When they make such claims about Pakistan somehow it’s ok with your “moralistic Indians”, isn’t it?

So how come it’s not good enough in this case?

And what evidence do you really want? You want classified intel of top intel agencies in the world? You want somehow such sensitive stuff about ongoing investigations to be shared with disgruntled Indians? Haha

Perhaps this intel has already been shared with Modi ji. Don’t think he or his government would ever admit to it though.

And what evidence do you really want? You want classified intel of top intel agencies in the world? You want somehow such sensitive stuff about ongoing investigations to be shared with disgruntled Indians? Haha

Perhaps this intel has already been shared with Modi ji. Don’t think he or his government would ever admit to it though.
Evidence? since when did unverified SIGINT become evidence? have you seen the evidence? Its canada's turn to act on that information.

Let me remind you US also had intel on WMD in Iraq.

Information shared with India didn't pass the criteria to be taken seriously by India. It is time for Canada to put up or shut up

Back