And the fittest cricketer is?

Tremlett, watson, m johnson

If i had to pick one id say tremlett, hes huge :waqar

How can you guys miss out some of the windies players, gayle e.g.

I personally would like to have a physique of M Johnson

Chris Tremlett, Shane Watson or Shoaib Akhtar have good physiques (more the overall frame than abs for me.)

Tim Bresnan is MASSIVE aswell.

Problem is Akthar, Tremlett and Watson are just tall.

Bresnan is actually ridiculously wide.

Tim+Bresnan

Akhtar, apart from early on in his career had a terrible physique for an express bowler. This resulted in a lot of fitness issues.

Have people not seen Brett Lee?

Tim Bresnan is MASSIVE aswell.

Problem is Akthar, Tremlett and Watson are just tall.

Bresnan is actually ridiculously wide.

Well, that's what I see in them, if it was just about being tall, Mohammed Irfan would have won. :p
Agree with Tim Bresnan.

And, oh, how can we forget the man who mesmerized Shane Warne with his Apollonian physique...

... was a huge great bear of a man who looked as though he was batting with a toothpick. The stumps always seemed very small when he was at the crease — that’s if you could see any of them behind his frame ... Anybody underestimating him at first sight soon realised that his appearance was really deceptive. He was one of the most identifiable batsmen in the world, but he was comfortable in his big-boned frame ... He was really a good slip fielder, probably he didn’t fancy patrolling the covers for too long. But when he did, he had a rocket arm ...

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?t=65194

cricketer.jpg

Yes, Inzimam-ul-Hulk himself. :inzi

Naw bro ALL Pakhtoon players have great physiques. Yasser Hameed might be a 100 pounds but he has a great physique :yk

lol @ Yasir Hameed.
Shoaib Akhtar in comparaison:

AkhtarAsif_468x599.jpg

76685.jpg

Shoaib-Akhtar.jpg

If you knew what I had to type on Google Images to find the last one, some here could legitimately doubt about my heterosexuality. :butt

Hell, the whole thread was begging for it. :akhtar

lol @ Yasir Hameed.
Shoaib Akhtar in comparaison:

AkhtarAsif_468x599.jpg

76685.jpg

Shoaib-Akhtar.jpg

If you knew what I had to type on Google Images to find the last one, some here could legitimately doubt about my heterosexuality. :butt

Hell, the whole thread was begging for it. :akhtar

Shoaib Akhtar doesnt qualify to some people cuz he's not a pathan :facepalm:

To be honest, Shoaib Akhtar is the best we ever had. Great pics Akher.

Shoaib Akhtar doesnt qualify to some people cuz he's not a pathan :facepalm:

To be honest, Shoaib Akhtar is the best we ever had. Great pics Akher.

Or a 5'7'' walking pencil. :hameed

My father told me that Sarfraz Nawaz and Waqar Younis (in his prime) had great bodies too - I guess it's a criteria to be a fast bowler, that's what we can read on Abdur Rauf's CricInfo page
Tall and well-built in the tradition of Punjabi fast bowlers...

http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan/content/player/39084.html

I think at age of 40 this is pretty good physique

Attachments

• cricket-worldcup-92.jpg
    cricket-worldcup-92.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 3,393
Indians probably might have the worst physique for cricketers. May be Lankans and Bangla brothers might have something to say about it, but Indians/Bangla/Lankans have the worst physiques IMO...

Having good physique or going to gym is not considered mandatory for Indian cricketers...

I cannot believe that guys like Ishant Sharma, Ashwin, Sehwag, Gambhir, Rohit never work out. May be for them, working out means running a couple of kilometers and thats all. :facepalm:

Out of all Indians, only Yadav seems to be strong. He is built like a bull.

Kidding right? If Imran was 140 pounds he would be skinnier then Yasser Pakhtoon body builder Hameed.

Imran is over 6 feet tall. He is lean yes, but closer to 165-175 pounds in that picture. 140 is very skinny for anyone over 6 feet tall.

All Pakhtoon players have great physique

Younis
Gul
Afridi
Hameed
And even Junaid

hameed hazarawal de alaka

the afghan team are tanks on the other hand...afridi and yk id say have good physique out of above and imran khan

Attachments

• mohamad nabi.jpg
    mohamad nabi.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 1,707
  • shapoor.jpg
    shapoor.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 1,666
  • gulbadin noib.jpg
    gulbadin noib.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 1,800
  • samiullah shenwari.jpg
    samiullah shenwari.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 1,708
  • hamid hassan.jpg
    hamid hassan.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 1,666
Sulieman Benn..Very Very Tall...

Attachments

• sulieman-benn-2011-3-16-3-40-17.jpg
    sulieman-benn-2011-3-16-3-40-17.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 3,776
Black Monster all the way :p

Chris Gayle :milyas

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/X4WUenbI6JM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What does fitness have to do with being a musclehead? If you were fit then you wouldn't spend more time being injured than playing cricket, like Watson does.

I wouldn't recommend it but if you type in the phrases

"James anderson attitude" and "Chris Tremlett Cosmo"

in Google Images search then you will see....um......something.

David Warner
Shane Watson
Mathew Hayden
Andrew Symonds
Michell Johnson
Peter Siddle
Shoaib Akhtar (before he was fat) - He looked dangerous before, I would say the most dangerous and fearsome bowler, just from his run up the best of the batsman would shake their feet :afridi

Darren Sammy
Chris Gayle
Pollard
Bravo

Gulbodin Naib is definitely very strong. Huge muscles as seen in one of the pics above.

^ yeah hes huge
not just him
shinwari is slightly larger build than him

nabi is probably the fittest out of the 2, he can keep running all day long and then still bat

:facepalm:

Look at the thread and look what people have come up with :facepalm:

It is about the fittest cricketer not the one with the best physique.

The fittest cricketers are those who don't get injured and have played many matches and for even years consecutively and obviously are sharp in the field.

Shoaib had big muscles but he was one of the most injury prone players we've ever had. Similarly, Watson inspite of having a great physique, has had his fair share of injury woes.

Regarding the Afghani players, what is the point of being built like a WWE superstar when a 10 year old girl would move better in the field?

IMO the fittest cricket in recent years was Kapil Dev. For Pakistan, Imran Khan and Wasim Akram were also very fit. Currently, Muhammad Sami is the fittest bowler in Pakistan. The guy can run in all day long and never get tired.

I guess instead of looking at player's muscles, a better way could be something like

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pXXbXNrpwt8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:facepalm:

Look at the thread and look what people have come up with :facepalm:

It is about the fittest cricketer not the one with the best physique.

The fittest cricketers are those who don't get injured and have played many matches and for even years consecutively and obviously are sharp in the field.

Shoaib had big muscles but he was one of the most injury prone players we've ever had. Similarly, Watson inspite of having a great physique, has had his fair share of injury woes.

Regarding the Afghani players, what is the point of being built like a WWE superstar when a 10 year old girl would move better in the field?

izzatullah and shapoor zadran should not be the basis of criticizing the entire afghan fielding unit who are quite agile and athletic, especially shinwari and nabi, granted shenwari dropped a catch of kohli but everybody drops catches

One of the most fittest cricketers was Kapil Dev who never missed a single match due to injury. Kapil Dev played 131 test matches and India played 132 test matches during Kapil's playing days - so Kapil missed just one test match in all.

The one missed test was not due to injury or health reasons but due to some unknown reason ( he was supposedly "dropped" for batting irresponsibly in the previous test match at Delhi).

Fitness is not just being physically strong or having a six pack or an sporting an aesthetic appearance. It is not being mean and lean. Overall fitness is the ability to play at a high level, continously and efficiently without getting bogged down by injuries, sickness, fatigue, dehydration, cramps etc.

One of the most fittest cricketers was Kapil Dev who never missed a single match due to injury. Kapil Dev played 131 test matches and India played 132 test matches during Kapil's playing days - so Kapil missed just one test match in all.

The one missed test was not due to injury or health reasons but due to some unknown reason ( he was supposedly "dropped" for batting irresponsibly in the previous test match at Delhi).

Fitness is not just being physically strong or having a six pack or an sporting an aesthetic appearance. It is not being mean and lean. Overall fitness is the ability to play at a high level, continously and efficiently without getting bogged down by injuries, sickness, fatigue, dehydration, cramps etc.

he bowled 37++ overs continuously in some game :kapil

Really it's got to be Jaq Kallis now. The guy has found the fountain of youth it seems, one of the top batsmen in the world with jaw dropping stats and keeps bowling day in day out at 140 kph. Whoaaa, what is he? I demand on x-ray scan, don't think he's human. :danish

30321852.jpg

kapil paaji is made of steel :kapil

BOY is this a Gay Identifier thread or WHAT ..... :facepalm:

Playing cricket while staying Fit (no injuries) .... Shane Watson !!!!!

MS Dhoni
Keeps wickets still is the fastest in running between the wickets. Does not miss a match and plays all formats.

Really impressed with Jacques Kallis. Hitting 140Ks while bowling even at his age

:14:

hmmm there are a lot of cricketers who are supremely fit... to name some i would say Watson, Lee, Symonds, Pieterson, Gul, and Hayden
Watson is well built but was one of the unfittest. The fittest ones, Gilchrist, Jayasuriya, Symonds, Ponting, Pollock would be few.

Indians probably might have the worst physique for cricketers. May be Lankans and Bangla brothers might have something to say about it, but Indians/Bangla/Lankans have the worst physiques IMO...

Having good physique or going to gym is not considered mandatory for Indian cricketers...

I cannot believe that guys like Ishant Sharma, Ashwin, Sehwag, Gambhir, Rohit never work out. May be for them, working out means running a couple of kilometers and thats all. :facepalm:

Out of all Indians, only Yadav seems to be strong. He is built like a bull.
BS. Lankans are fitter than any Asian team. May not be very strong, but they are street fighting fit. Perera and Mathews are very strong as well. Out of players from yesteryear, aravinda was superhumanly strong for a man of his size.

One does not need any stats to prove that Kapil Dev was the fittest cricketer of all time. :kapil

BihECJ0IIAATOT-.jpg:large

BihEQRvIYAAlmc8.jpg:large

BihEoTGIMAAPkG6.jpg:large

At age 62, he is still fitter than likes of Sharjeel Khan and Nasir Jamshed :ik

Dale Steyn has exceptional fitness and athleticism. South Africans in general are extremely good athletes. Waqar was the best for Pakistan though :waqar

AB is probably hands down the fittest cricketer around, the way he runs in between wickets, lightning fast

Faf du Plessis is the fittest. ABD is second... Jadeja, Kohli and Dhoni are others who come to my mind.

AB de Villiers, has to be.
Very strong, agile, and has good endurance.
Followed by Johnson, I'd say.
In terms of pure strength, Afridi, Gayle, Misbah, Dhoni, etc are all contenders.

Dale Steyn has exceptional fitness and athleticism. South Africans in general are extremely good athletes. Waqar was the best for Pakistan though :waqar

Steyn always gets injured nowadays

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

From Bangladesh it's between Nasir, Mahmudullah and Mushfiqur. Mashrafe too is looking pretty lean these days.

429923_529049377153820_1034125792_n.jpg

2011_06_20_22_5_b.jpg

A158zCPCEAAidpL.jpg

Back