Argentina defeat France 4-2 on penalties after a 3-3 draw to win the 2022 FIFA World Cup

If Diego Maradonna was playing, Id back Argentina but lets see if Messi can pull it like Maradonna.

Huge pressure on him.

The problem is the massive dependency upon Messi in this side, they are almost pretty ridiculous without him.

English media will be delighted if Argentina go out.

Argentina winning today and France winning tomorrow would set up a good weekend.

Argentina look exhausted and out on their feet in Extra time.

If Diego Maradonna was playing, Id back Argentina but lets see if Messi can pull it like Maradonna.

Huge pressure on him.
He's always bottled it.. levels with the greats that even subs can inspire their team to trophies against favourites.

I think Dutch have the courage to take this now...too much nous

Credit to Wout man , the guy plays for a turkish FC lol and has 2 goals against Argentina in a QF lol

He's always bottled it.. levels with the greats that even subs can inspire their team to trophies against favourites.

I think Dutch have the courage to take this now...too much nous

Haha!

Yes, Maradonna had nerves of steel, and balls of steel! He'd have wrapped it up in 90 minutes.

If Messi misses his penalty ...

15 more mins yet. Dutch should keep the ball, the pressure is on Argentina.

Yes, other than scoring and assisting goals, Messi should also be a goalkeeper.

Don't matter, when Messi wins a world cup single handedly then his name can be mentioned with the GOAT - Maradonna.

Did you ever watch Maradonna, esp in 1986 WC? If no, then it explains everything.

Gapko knocking down Messi - Poetic and could be a final image if he scores and messi misses.

Otamendi looking like a Salamanca twin.

Messi looking for some wailing wall inspiration

Last edited:
Don't matter, when Messi wins a world cup single handedly then his name can be mentioned with the GOAT - Maradonna.

Did you ever watch Maradonna, esp in 1986 WC? If no, then it explains everything.

Did Maradona play in goal in the 1986 WC? No, he didn't. Football in a team sport, not an individual sport.

I hope Argentina win but the Netherlands have also played well.

Its a cruel way to go out for either team.

Hits the Woodwork!

The big hand by Noppert from the corner will give him a sense of glue on his hands.

Hard to call.

I have to go with the Netherlands to win this but wont mind either way.

Did Maradona play in goal in the 1986 WC? No, he didn't. Football in a team sport, not an individual sport.

Arg team of 86 was average, the 90 team was far better. But in both tournaments Diego was the single player which changed their fortune from an early exist to a World Cup win and a Final.

It really shows the passion of south american fans.

They have packed out the stadiums here.

What a game.

ARGENTINA YOU BEAUTY!!!

Messi haters have to keep their knives in their pockets until at least the semi finals.

As a Man United fan, I am sad for Louis Van Gaal, but so happy for Messi. Dream lives on for another day.

Congrats Argentina, great pens and even better saves.

Martinez will be tough for any opposition if it goes to pens again.

Argentina deserved to win that.

Apart from a short spell in the match they were the better side.

Great for Messi.

I think we may see Argentina vs France in final. But, it can easily be Argentina vs Morocco.

I am rooting for Argentina and Morocco now.

The Argentina fans have been amongst the best at this tournament.

Great atmosphere at all of their games.

Fantastic support.

Back