Arrested for swearing? A new low in Pakistan's justice system?

The Bald Eagle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs

With this standard they might will have to arrest the whole Pakistan thenšŸ¤­

=======​

Eight people arrested for using foul language against Nawaz Sharif and his family: Police​

At least eight people, including a lawyer, were arrested on Saturday for using foul language against PML-N supremo Nawaz Sharif, his family members and also tearing the party flag and posters in the country's Punjab province, police said. The arrests were made in two separate incidents.

Lawyer Atiqur Rehman was arrested by the police after he raised slogans calling the Sharifs 'thieves' upon the arrival Pakistan Muslim League (PML-N) information secretary Marriyum Aurangzeb at the Anti-Terrorism Court (ATC) Lahore on Saturday.

"As Ms Auranzeb entered the ATC premises the lawyer started raising slogans calling the Sharifs 'thieves'. Despite warning, Rehman continued to incite the people present there. Afterwards, the police officials overpowered him and arrested him," a police spokesperson said.

He claimed that the lawyer was also wanted in the May 9 violence in which the supporters of former prime minister Imran Khan's Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) workers had attacked the Army installations.

In the other incident, the Punjab police arrested seven people for using foul language against Maryam Nawaz during her rally in Okara, some 130 km from Lahore, early this week.

Police arrested them after their identification through a viral video in which they used swear words against the Sharifs, especially Maryam and also tore the PML-N flag and posters.

Meanwhile, the PML-N workers are accused of throwing a petrol bomb at the Pakistan Peoples Party's office in Lahore.

Police have registered a case against unidentified men for throwing the petrol bomb on the party office of Manzar Abbas Khokhar, a PPP candidate from Lahore's PP-162.

The general elections are going to be held on February 8.

Source : The Times of India

Last edited by a moderator:
This shows that Nawaz would be the next PM and the elections would just be a farce.

With this standard they might will have to arrest the whole Pakistan thenšŸ¤­

=======​

Eight people arrested for using foul language against Nawaz Sharif and his family: Police​

At least eight people, including a lawyer, were arrested on Saturday for using foul language against PML-N supremo Nawaz Sharif, his family members and also tearing the party flag and posters in the country's Punjab province, police said. The arrests were made in two separate incidents.

Lawyer Atiqur Rehman was arrested by the police after he raised slogans calling the Sharifs 'thieves' upon the arrival Pakistan Muslim League (PML-N) information secretary Marriyum Aurangzeb at the Anti-Terrorism Court (ATC) Lahore on Saturday.

"As Ms Auranzeb entered the ATC premises the lawyer started raising slogans calling the Sharifs 'thieves'. Despite warning, Rehman continued to incite the people present there. Afterwards, the police officials overpowered him and arrested him," a police spokesperson said.

He claimed that the lawyer was also wanted in the May 9 violence in which the supporters of former prime minister Imran Khan's Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) workers had attacked the Army installations.

In the other incident, the Punjab police arrested seven people for using foul language against Maryam Nawaz during her rally in Okara, some 130 km from Lahore, early this week.

Police arrested them after their identification through a viral video in which they used swear words against the Sharifs, especially Maryam and also tore the PML-N flag and posters.

Meanwhile, the PML-N workers are accused of throwing a petrol bomb at the Pakistan Peoples Party's office in Lahore.

Police have registered a case against unidentified men for throwing the petrol bomb on the party office of Manzar Abbas Khokhar, a PPP candidate from Lahore's PP-162.

The general elections are going to be held on February 8.

Source : The Times of India

The right thing was done by arresting them in my opinion. Can't abuse someone and incite others and expect nothing to happen in return.

After the 9th May incident, you can never be sure what to do and what to avoid.

The right thing was done by arresting them in my opinion. Can't abuse someone and incite others and expect nothing to happen in return.

Abuse is words.

This happens on our streets all day long.

How many people will we arrest?

Or is the law only for a chosen few?

This is shocking but unfortunately, it has been a norm in the current judicial system of Pakistan. Biasness and favoritism at its peak.

I think the government can't arrest the whole population as at the moment whole Pakistan is abusing PMLN and Establishment.

I think some people need to read about contempt of court. Judges demand respect when you are in the court room, if in contempt you get thrown in detention.

I guess, some people think its ok to do batameezi in courts. Wasnt it the same party fans who were raising slogans in Saudi Arabia and than had to deal with the wrath of Saudi police?

Funny, where ever you find a PTI fan in whichevery country, he or she gets thrown in lock up

Last edited by a moderator:
What was said - the swear words?

Feel free to list Iā€™d like to knowā€¦..

I think some people need to read about contempt of court. Judges demand respect when you are in the court room, if in contempt you get thrown in detention.

I guess, some people think its ok to do batameezi in courts. Wasnt it the same party fans who were raising slogans in Saudi Arabia and than had to deal with the wrath of Saudi police?

Funny, where ever you find a PTI fan in whichevery country, he or she gets thrown in lock up
And whenever you find a PPP supporter anywhere, celebrate because they are rarer than a hens teeth

Back