[PICTURES/VIDEOS] Imran Khan a mosaic in Pakistan's political history

Imran Khan seeks better jail conditions in letter to President Zardari and PM Shehbaz​

Imran Khan the incarcerated founding leader of the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) has urged President Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif to ensure proper jail facilities through a letter penned by his counsel, Azhar Siddique.

On Saturday, Siddiqui, who is the head of the Judicial Activism Panel said through the letter that the PTI chief was not being provided with the facilities mandated by law and was being denied visits from people.

"Why is there an obstruction in Imran Khan's meetings?" the letter questions, emphasising the need for Khan to be given basic amenities in prison.

Imran's counsel said that if these conditions were not met, the ex-PM would take the matter to the higher courts.

During a court appearance on Friday, Imran expressed his lack of confidence in Chief Justice of Pakistan (CJP) Qazi Faez Isa. Khan announced his intention to go on a hunger strike, stating, "I will announce the final date for the hunger strike after consulting with my lawyers."

The same day the PTI’s incarcerated founder announced that his party will be attending an all-party conference (APC) that the government plans to convene to assuage concerns over ‘Azm-e-Istehkam Vision’, which is aimed at dismantling the nexus of terrorism in the country.

Speaking from Rawalpindi’s Adiala Jail, where he is serving a prison term, the beleaguered former prime minister said that his party’s members would attend the multi-party confab as “observers,” adding that he has made the decision in “Pakistan’s best interests.”

IK is in prison for getting married. Once again it shows your lies and stupidity that you didn't know this fact. He won 80% of the vote and has shown you losers up for your criminality.
For getting married!!? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: He was voted in then thrown out unable to deliver anything at all other then extremism.

Last edited by a moderator:
See you are running. You have no answers. You were hiding so I said I accept whatever you say. And I knew that your ignorance would show if you were forced to answer. By the end of it, you started to blatantly lie. You claimed that you didn't know about the Ind murders when I posted links to articles weeks before, you claimed that you didn't know about the cypher and you claimed that you didn't know IK won a 2/3rd majority. Why go to such lengths and lie.
Rather you stand totally exposed and humiliated after admitting right here that IK lied on many things. You admitted that he was silent on India revoking article 370 and things like that. The only reason you are obsessed with IK is because he is our most famous celebrity former cricketer come movie star come pop star and everything in between. He is a bit like Amitabh Bachchan who after failing in politics returned to the film industry. In IK's case this pathetic old liar can not start plying Cricket again! I said the whole army can not be held responsible for the things you are blaming them for. I said IK is responsible for the Kashmris being killed in IoK and you know it full well. I don't care about cypher when all that matters is that IK is a failed politician rightfully rotting away in prison. One day he is begging the American's then the next to the Taliban the man is a joke

The Generals control the PK army,not the soldiers and anything criminal by soldiers is on the soldiers head. You cannot and should not follow illegal orders. The Generals and the army in general have decided that they are God. Look at the way they beat the Policeman, did anything happen to the soldiers
🤣🤣🤣
So what is your point? The soldiers defend our borders no matter what. The soldiers are compelled to follow the Generals even if they do not want to. Not doing so could result in divisions within the fauj that would greatly please our enemies. You will never see the American's criticize their military or General's despite the chaos they create around the world. Once more try to understand that firstly the soldiers defend the country and secondly they must obey orders. Why doesn't your IK defend the borders with his sons who are living the good life in London if they are that brave?.

Rather you stand totally exposed and humiliated after admitting right here that IK lied on many things. You admitted that he was silent on India revoking article 370 and things like that. The only reason you are obsessed with IK is because he is our most famous celebrity former cricketer come movie star come pop star and everything in between. He is a bit like Amitabh Bachchan who after failing in politics returned to the film industry. In IK's case this pathetic old liar can not start plying Cricket again! I said the whole army can not be held responsible for the things you are blaming them for. I said IK is responsible for the Kashmris being killed in IoK and you know it full well. I don't care about cypher when all that matters is that IK is a failed politician rightfully rotting away in prison. One day he is begging the American's then the next to the Taliban the man is a joke
You keep saying the whole establishment isn't responsible. I am not sure if you understand what you are writing but you have divided the establishment into your words the good guys and bad guys. 🤣🤣🤣🥰🥰

For getting married!!? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: He was voted in then thrown out unable to deliver anything at all other then extremism.
Today he is in prison for getting married. Nothing else. The case is as stupid as you not knowing that he is in prison. This is not a slur on Islam but even the likes of Rana were embarrassed by it. But obviously not an ignorant person

Backdoor dialogue with PTI founder, seems moving forward: minister

A federal minister has said backdoor dialogue ongoing with the PTI’s founder, and it clearly seems the talks are moving forward.

“The country belongs to everyone, and each have to take a step back to show flexibility,” PML-N government’s Maritime Affairs minister Qaiser Ahmed Shaikh said in an interview with the ARY News.

He said that not only the PTI’s founder but, “we also have to hold dialogue as there is none other solution”.

PML-N minister said the PTI’s founder has to sit definitely for dialogue.

Qaiser Shaikh said that no demand of accepting preconditions before a dialogue begin, put forward anywhere in the world. “What will be discussed in talks after acceptance of preconditions,” he questioned.

“The PTI’s founder has a role to play, people have given vote to him,” the minister said.

Replying a question on the government’s permission to export sugar, federal minister said that the government has granted conditional permission for sugar export in view of the past experience.

“The cabinet has decided that in case of the sugar price even hike by two rupees, the export of sugar will be suspended”.

Federal cabinet has also decided to constitute a committee to monitor the sugar price, minister said.

Establishment ‘must step back’ to ensure transparent elections: Imran Khan

Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) incarcerated and beleaguered founding chairperson Imran Khan emphasised the urgent need for the establishment to step back to ensure transparent elections in the country.

"If we want to save the country, the establishment must step back to move towards transparent elections," the former premier asserted during an informal talk with media in the Rawalpindi's Adiala jail today.

The PTI supremo highlighted the drastic increase in national debt, stating that in 2021, it was Rs2.8 trillion, but within four years, it had surged to Rs8 to Rs9 trillion.

He criticised the current government for failing the nation, saying, "The current government has destroyed Pakistan's hope; no one trusts this government anymore."

Imran pointed out the severe economic burdens on the common people, noting, "The poor who used to have a 2,000 rupees bill now face a 10,000 rupees bill."

In a previous media talk, Imran emphasised that the IMF cannot solve the country's issues, asserting that the solution lies in fair and transparent elections.

He expressed concern that Pakistan, which once led until 1990, is now being surpassed by other nations.

He blamed the elite for stashing their wealth abroad and accused the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) of "historic" rigging in the February 8 general elections.

"Everyone knows the ECP conducted fraudulent elections," he accused.

Referring to the judiciary, Imran mentioned that the CJP Isa is sending his party to the ECP for justice, despite knowing the commission's credibility issues.

Imran also questioned why their petitions on human rights and the February 8 case are not being heard in the Supreme Court of Pakistan.

He criticized the trial of civilians in military courts, questioning, "In which democracy do civilians get tried in military courts?"

Addressing media suppression, he claimed there are plans to curb the media. "Congress is saying that fraudulent elections took place in Pakistan," he added.

In response to a journalist's question about the establishment's role, Imran said, "The establishment is running the country; the SIFC is running the country."

When asked about a former cabinet member testifying against him, Imran brushed it off, saying, "I'll talk about it later; he hasn't said anything significant."

On the topic of his hunger strike announcement, Imran confirmed, "I will definitely go on a hunger strike; I am waiting for some decisions."

On July 4, Imran expressed his lack of confidence in the Chief Justice of Pakistan, Justice Qazi Faez Isa, and declared his intention to go on a hunger strike in jail.

Imran highlighted objections raised by his legal team regarding the judge's repeated presence, indicating a growing belief within his camp that justice may not be impartially served under these circumstances.

The PTI founder referenced a recent decision by Justice Gulzar's five-member bench, which supported his team's stance that CJ should not preside over their cases. Additionally, he noted the administrative dynamics within the jail, mentioning the involvement of senior military officials in day-to-day operations.

Referring to the incident where a scheduled meeting with his team was unexpectedly cancelled, Imran expressed disappointment over the missed opportunity to resolve internal disputes had the meeting proceeded as planned.

EXPRESS TRIBUNE

Imran Khan disputes CJP Isa’s involvement in his cases​

Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) founder Imran Khan has filed an objection against the involvement of Chief Justice Qazi Faez Isa in his ongoing cases.

The objection was submitted in response to intra-court appeals filed against the Supreme Court's decision to annul the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) amendments.

Khan's petition argued that individuals who engaged in past corruption used laws and parliament as their shield, eroding public trust in the legal system. He emphasised that laws should serve the people, not protect specific individuals, and urged the Supreme Court to remain vigilant to the facts.

In his petition, Khan specifically requested that Justice Isa refrain from hearing his cases, citing concerns over impartiality. He referenced a precedent set by a five-member larger bench headed by former Chief Justice Gulzar Ahmed, which supported his stance.

Khan expressed that past rulings should guide current proceedings to ensure justice is served. His appeal is part of a broader legal strategy to challenge the validity of NAB amendments and uphold accountability standards.

Last week, Khan had expressed his lack of confidence in Justice Isa and had declared his intention to go on a hunger strike in jail.

He had highlighted objections raised by his legal team regarding the judge's repeated presence, indicating a growing belief within his camp that justice may not be impartially served under these circumstances.

Imran demands free and fair snap polls

Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) founder Imran Khan has called for immediate free and fair elections, stating that he is ready to go on a hunger strike but is waiting for some decisions to pan out.

He asserted that the current government has dashed the hopes of Pakistanis and that for transparent elections, the establishment needs to step back. “Saving Pakistan requires no other solution but transparent elections.”

During an informal conversation with journalists in the jail courtroom following a hearing in the £190 million reference case, the PTI founder said that Pakistan’s debt was Rs2.8 trillion in 2021 and has now reached Rs8 to Rs9 trillion in just four years.

He highlighted that a poor person’s electricity bill, which used to be Rs2,000, has now ballooned to Rs10,000. He criticised the elite class for keeping their money stashed abroad and claimed that no one trusts the current government anymore.

He reiterated that the recent general elections were a sham.

He expressed frustration that the Chief Justice of Pakistan (CJP) Qazi Faez Isa was sending the party to the election commission for justice, despite everyone knowing that the electoral body conducted fraudulent elections.

He also criticised CJP Isa for questioning why intra-party elections were not held, pointing out that the entire party was underground.

The former prime minister questioned why the party’s human rights grievances and February 8 petitions were not being heard in the Supreme Court.

EXPRESS TRIBUNE

Lawmaker proposes imposing Rs10,000 ‘tax’ on meeting with Imran Khan​

In a session of the National Assembly Standing Committee on Energy (Power Division), elected member Iqbal Afridi from Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa proposed charging a fee of Rs10,000 per meeting with former prime minister Imran Khan to resolve domestic issues effectively.

The session, chaired by Committee Chairman Muhammad Idris, saw additional officials from the Energy Ministry's Power Division briefing the committee on pertinent matters. Federal Energy Minister Sardar Awais Leghari was also present.

During the session, Afridi highlighted the severe electricity shortages in many areas of FATA, questioning the ongoing injustice faced by tribal communities. He emphasized the urgent need for separate electricity provisions, noting that residents often endure week-long waits between power supplies, with some divisions receiving electricity only every other week.

Officials from the Power Division responded by stating that a budget of Rs. 65 billion has been allocated for FATA this year, with Rs. 39 billion earmarked for free electricity distribution. They reported that electricity is currently being provided for up to four hours daily to 410,000 domestic consumers in FATA.

Afridi, known for his affiliation with the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), criticized the lack of progress in addressing electricity shortages in FATA, asserting that not even one billion of the allocated funds had been spent effectively. He stressed that FATA has been without adequate electricity since Pakistan's independence.

Adding this, Afridi suggested a solution, stating "Do not sell the dams and instead impose Rs10,000 tax on meeting with PTI supremo Imran Khan. This will culminate in a substantial amount that will resolve all the issues."

Following these remarks, Iqbal left the meeting.

You keep saying the whole establishment isn't responsible. I am not sure if you understand what you are writing but you have divided the establishment into your words the good guys and bad guys. 🤣🤣🤣🥰🥰
Nah! Rather tpypu ll
Rather it s your obsession with IK that is the problem here. Imran Khan is not Pakistan, loyalty towards him does not mean loyalty to Pakistan. What it comes down too is he has spent most of his life dating western ladies when the military was fighting wars. Indeed, the entire military can not be blamed for the wrong doing of a good many Generals. In an era of wars his pacifist views are no answer to the problem's on our borders. Under his governance we have only seen hatred of the west and the rise of extremism.

Today he is in prison for getting married. Nothing else. The case is as stupid as you not knowing that he is in prison. This is not a slur on Islam but even the likes of Rana were embarrassed by it. But obviously not an ignorant person
Off course I know he is behind bars, what are you on about?. Why would he be imprisoned for being married?? Your arguments don't make any sense whatsoever. He has been married two times before without ever being thrown in jail. Marriage is like a business to him!

Off course I know he is behind bars, what are you on about?. Why would he be imprisoned for being married?? Your arguments don't make any sense whatsoever. He has been married two times before without ever being thrown in jail. Marriage is like a business to him!
Look it up. Do some research and you might learn something

Nah! Rather tpypu ll

Rather it s your obsession with IK that is the problem here. Imran Khan is not Pakistan, loyalty towards him does not mean loyalty to Pakistan. What it comes down too is he has spent most of his life dating western ladies when the military was fighting wars. Indeed, the entire military can not be blamed for the wrong doing of a good many Generals. In an era of wars his pacifist views are no answer to the problem's on our borders. Under his governance we have only seen hatred of the west and the rise of extremism.
At this point in time IK represents PK. He smashed establishment and the mafia. You guys have no support and blackmail judges. You are hated to a person. Come back to me when you get some support

Look it up. Do some research and you might learn something
The facts are that he is behind bars. You just can't get over your failed politician who has done nothing for Pak other the create extremism. He has to reinvent himself when and if he is released. Most importantly he has to choose his words towards the military much more carefully. Indian's supporting IK and PTI should tell everything to those who have a brain.

At this point in time IK represents PK. He smashed establishment and the mafia. You guys have no support and blackmail judges. You are hated to a person. Come back to me when you get some support
Where is the support for you here? Hardly anyone is backing you here anymore after I ran out the very few that did. Thick PTI supporters like you don't understand that being against IK and the PTI does not mean supporting any other political party in Pak. I support the army who people will run too when we are at war. They will be defending your sorry existence not any political party like your PTI. This is why I want a Presidential system in Pak where as clowns want western style democracy lead by the hypocrite IK.

Where is the support for you here? Hardly anyone is backing you here anymore after I ran out the very few that did. Thick PTI supporters like you don't understand that being against IK and the PTI does not mean supporting any other political party in Pak. I support the army who people will run too when we are at war. They will be defending your sorry existence not any political party like your PTI. This is why I want a Presidential system in Pak where as clowns want western style democracy lead by the hypocrite IK.
I think you are confused. Look at the advice I get here. Ignore him they keep saying. But I like to show up that don't know what a cypher is, can't read articles even when links are posted on Inds killed on PK soil with full backing of the establishment or don't know that the 80% of PKs voted for IK. I will keep exposing you. You won't forget this.

The facts are that he is behind bars. You just can't get over your failed politician who has done nothing for Pak other the create extremism. He has to reinvent himself when and if he is released. Most importantly he has to choose his words towards the military much more carefully. Indian's supporting IK and PTI should tell everything to those who have a brain.
So if I put you behind bars for being an illiterate and ignorant person, will that make it right. You failed to do even basic research and here you are debating me, a guy that is an expert. The iddat case is the most stupid case in my lifetime, it has embarrassed Pak but obviously when you as ignorant as you are, that matters not.

Brother with due respect a lot of PTI supporters like myself would not want to debate with yourself as given your posting history it's completely void of facts or understanding. Take your most recent post where you are doubting that IK is in jail for marriage and trying to give benefit to court and system that it would be IKs fault somehow that he is in prison. That just shows how up to date your understanding is at the moment. Therefore most PTI supporters like myself would refrain from an educational exercise by engaging with you as you have even shun off the idea of education if it's associated with IK.

If we start looking at the world from tainted lens doesn't mean its a dark world. Your hatred for IK has impacted your ability of rational thinking when discussing IK. For your betterment and betterment of debate try reading more on current political environment and try to understand the point of view of others.

In the end he tarnished his legacy by looting the people of Pakistan despite the country being in financial turmoil. For that history wouldn’t be kind to him.

Apart from that, one of the finest cricketers ever produced by Pakistan.

In the end he tarnished his legacy by looting the people of Pakistan despite the country being in financial turmoil. For that history wouldn’t be kind to him.

Looting? What looting?

How did he loot the country? Do you realise that out of all the cases put against him, it’s his marriage that has kept him behind bars?

Such posts don't leave a good taste as it's quite evident that you don't know the situation at all. For a political looter you don't need to go into many technicalities you simply need to use your eyes. Just simply look at the lifestyle of PMLN leaders from their cars, clothes, accessories houses and more importantly (most important) their investments outside of Pakistan. You'd get your answer. Its surprising that an ex PM of Pakistan doesn't have significant investments outside of Pakistan. Also during the last 2+ years the level of onslaught IK had gave the tv viewers unhindered view of IKs residence and stuff. Police, media and everyone literally from public were legit walking in and out of his residence at most times especially at times of raids at his house. During such instances you get a glimpse of his lifestyle. From average furniture in there to a small room from where he did most of his videos did not show me a person you'd say is a national looter. So in a nutshell your post on looting is an incorrect one and is misinformation.

The Pakistani establishment is corrupt to the core, the people of Pakistan have finally woken up. They no longer look up them, the corrupt have completely destroyed the image of the military.

Your views on IK have no substance, it’s either Article 370, spreading hate or lifestyle.

What have they done for Kashmir?

When the establishment interferes in politics, doesn’t the spread hatred? When you’re spending millions on a rigged election, giving people hope of change and taking it away from them, that’s not going to bring much support, is it?

Regarding the playboy lifestyle, we’ve all made mistakes, you’ve made mistakes, no one’s perfect, even the generals are probably going to the strip clubs in the US. People change, move on.

It seems now it will be the judicial system vs the establishment as Special Anti-Terrorism Court approves plea to arrest PTI founder in May 9 cases

Incarcerated PTI founder links talks with govt to three conditions​

Detained Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) founder Imran Khan proposed three conditions to hold talks with the government on Saturday in a bid to bring political stability in the country.

While having an informal talk with the journalists in the courtroom, Khan said: "The first condition is that my cases should be dismissed, the second is to release our party members and third is to return our mandate."

Khan has time and again refused to hold talks with the ruling coalition, however, last month, he agreed to hold negotiations with his political rivals and picked Pashtunkhwa Milli Awami Party (PkMAP) Chairman Mahmood Khan Achakzai to lead the parleys.

Recalling that he held negotiations with former chief of army staff Gen (retd) Qamar Javed Bajwa, the PTI founder said that they had formed a three-member committee consisting of Asad Umar, Pervez Khattak and Shah Mehmood Qureshi at that time.

"We were told at that time that the 'baray sahab' [big boss] has decided not to conduct elections," said Khan, emphasising that his party cannot forget the "February 8 robbery" — a reference to the alleged rigging in the polls.

Khan warned that they will go on a hunger strike and highlight it on a global level.

Speaking about Supreme Court's verdict on reserved seats, the PTI founder welcomed the decision and called it a "positive development".

"The SC's verdict has given hope to the people," said Khan, thanking the top court's judges for standing up for the supremacy of the law.

The apex court on Friday ruled that the party is eligible for the allocation of reserved seats, nullifying the Peshawar High Court's order wherein it had upheld the Election Commission of Pakistan's decision denying the reserved seats to the PTI-backed Sunni Ittehad Council (SIC).

He has plenty of support here.

It seems now it will be the judicial system vs the establishment as Special Anti-Terrorism Court approves plea to arrest PTI founder in May 9 cases

Reply please as this is a serious post.

By reply I mean go back several months and actually reply to the questions.

Yes, please ask me, I'm here to answer your questions

You have been asked many questions over an extended prior of time.

Perhaps scroll back to the relevant threads and then come back accordingly.

Meanwhile, and to get the ball rolling, why did you "like" post 261?
Explain how IK looted the country?

You have been asked many questions over an extended prior of time.

Perhaps scroll back to the relevant threads and then come back accordingly.

Meanwhile, and to get the ball rolling, why did you "like" post 261?
Explain how IK looted the country?
I don't think I ever skipped answering any of your questions

I never said that Imran Khan has looted this country. Let me reiterate that I am against his policies and the way he uses the religion card. Additionally, I have doubts that Bushra Bibi and her allies are corrupt. This should clarify my stance on PTI.

I never said that Imran Khan has looted this country. Let me reiterate that I am against his policies and the way he uses the religion card. Additionally, I have doubts that Bushra Bibi and her allies are corrupt. This should clarify my stance on PTI.

Bro, if religion card is an issue for you then you can’t really support any party. All of the parties in Pakistan are either centrist or right wing.

But you support the Nooras and they used many religious cards against IK to get him murdered. Remember the idiot that shot IK said, In a video shared by the police "spreading hatred and misleading the people", as well as making "blasphemous and anti-religion" remarks. He also stated that he was upset that Khan's march had been playing music and had been dancing during the Azaan.He added that he was acting on his own and only wanted to kill Khan"
Source Wikipedia
IK has also served jail for the iddat case. A case created by NS and the establishment to make him look immoral. ended up ridiculing Islam and all this was done in a political battle.

The problem with your and your ilks narrative is that you don't like IK and want him murdered.
To justify his murder you change lanes. You kept posting about his corruption and here you are denying it. When I challenged to show me the cases against Buzdar because remember the allegations were that Gogi and Buzdar were in partnership with Bushra Bibi. As no money has ever been found in anything to do with Bushra and Buzdar hasn't been charged with anything, with whom is Gogi acting in cahoots with.

Don't you think you owe an apology for making fake allegations

Or the courts have found courage to do their job and you guys are getting nervous because the party will be over. Without the establishment NS and daughter are finished. Can't win their own seats

The Pakistani establishment is corrupt to the core, the people of Pakistan have finally woken up. They no longer look up them, the corrupt have completely destroyed the image of the military.

Your views on IK have no substance, it’s either Article 370, spreading hate or lifestyle.

What have they done for Kashmir?

When the establishment interferes in politics, doesn’t the spread hatred? When you’re spending millions on a rigged election, giving people hope of change and taking it away from them, that’s not going to bring much support, is it?

Regarding the playboy lifestyle, we’ve all made mistakes, you’ve made mistakes, no one’s perfect, even the generals are probably going to the strip clubs in the US. People change, move on.
My views have plenty off ground as supported with the videos I posted. Where did I say that the Pak establishment was not corrupt however IK is no better. If politicians like IK and the rest behaved properly the military would not have to interfere like they do. I to wish they did not yet are compelled to tke action.

What did IK do on Kashmir that you are pointing the finger at others?. I don't know where to star when it comes to the many stupid decisions he has made throughout his prime minister ship. What you fail to understand that Pak needs a Presidential system not western style democracy that IK keeps crying about.

As Pakistan is the only country formed in the name of Islam it needs a leader of the highest moral standards. Imran Khan with his past and all that is simply not that. In this sense Pakistan can not be compared to any other Muslim majority country. Imran Khan should be tried for treason.

Brother with due respect a lot of PTI supporters like myself would not want to debate with yourself as given your posting history it's completely void of facts or understanding. Take your most recent post where you are doubting that IK is in jail for marriage and trying to give benefit to court and system that it would be IKs fault somehow that he is in prison. That just shows how up to date your understanding is at the moment. Therefore most PTI supporters like myself would refrain from an educational exercise by engaging with you as you have even shun off the idea of education if it's associated with IK.

If we start looking at the world from tainted lens doesn't mean its a dark world. Your hatred for IK has impacted your ability of rational thinking when discussing IK. For your betterment and betterment of debate try reading more on current political environment and try to understand the point of view of others.
I am not here for other people to agree with me! If you don't want to debate then why are you replying?? The problem with you PTI supporters is simply that you are following a cult more then an ideology. Your loyalty is not to Pakistan but a man you consider to be a personal hero. There are many Pak commentators like Zaid Hamid who have rightfully dismissed IK as being someone who is just "obsessed with the limelight".

I am furious at IK for breaking many promises prior to being elected. There is nothing to understand when hardcore PTI thugs try to enforced their ridiculous views on others instead I encourage you to be loyal to the country not one person. I too was once an IK stooge before waking up to the facts, i suggest you do the same!

So if I put you behind bars for being an illiterate and ignorant person, will that make it right. You failed to do even basic research and here you are debating me, a guy that is an expert. The iddat case is the most stupid case in my lifetime, it has embarrassed Pak but obviously when you as ignorant as you are, that matters not.
When you admitted IK lied over many things it should be the end of the matter instead you keep embarrassing yourself even more.

What did IK do on Kashmir that you are pointing the finger at others?

You’re the one blaming IK for Kashmir, you’re pointing your finger at him but not the establishment…I haven’t pointed my finger at anyone. You’re singling out one guy for an issue that hasn’t been solved since partition.

You keep harping on about Article 370, what should IK have done? Start a war with India? Please do enlighten us.

Pakistan may have been formed in the name of Islam but it’s far from an Islamic country. An Islamic country where Muslims in Punjab have access to alcohol, streets of Karachi filled with trannies, no sharia etc.

And, since you mentioned in a previous post that you support the establishment because they’ll be at the border fighting for your safety, what happens if the establishment has been given an order to attack their own citizens?

I think you are confused. Look at the advice I get here. Ignore him they keep saying. But I like to show up that don't know what a cypher is, can't read articles even when links are posted on Inds killed on PK soil with full backing of the establishment or don't know that the 80% of PKs voted for IK. I will keep exposing you. You won't forget this.
Exposing me when you have been humiliated right here by admitting that IK lied!! Don't ignore me instead express your views so that I can hammer you even more. You are so mistaken if you think I will hide away! I am someone who always holds on to his views and have provided videos by Pak intellectuals and thinkers who support my views. In me you have chosen the wrong person to pick an argument with for I will run over you like a tank! Now your obsession with cypher and all does not undo all the lies IK told. Oh one more thing the establishment had gotten rid of the terrorists sending them to Afghanistan until IK insisted on resettling them in KPK. Remember his stupidity of wanting to open offices for terrorists in Islamabad!?. That is the man you follow!

You’re the one blaming IK for Kashmir, you’re pointing your finger at him but not the establishment…I haven’t pointed my finger at anyone. You’re singling out one guy for an issue that hasn’t been solved since partition.

You keep harping on about Article 370, what should IK have done? Start a war with India? Please do enlighten us.

Pakistan may have been formed in the name of Islam but it’s far from an Islamic country. An Islamic country where Muslims in Punjab have access to alcohol, streets of Karachi filled with trannies, no sharia etc.

And, since you mentioned in a previous post that you support the establishment because they’ll be at the border fighting for your safety, what happens if the establishment has been given an order to attack their own citizens?
Damn right I blame him for the situation in IoK. Yes sure he should have taken military action against India, absolutely! If India had attacked Islamabad, Lahore, Karachi or Peshawar would you still be asking what IK should have done!? Do we not insist that Kashmir is our "jugular vein" without which we can't survive?.

That is not the point what Pakistani people do. The point is the country is the only one formed in the name of Islam, understood?

When all other institutions have failed what do you expect the military to do when the crowd go all unruly? Should they just stand and let a civil war occur then you will blame them for doing nothing.

Damn right I blame him for the situation in IoK.

Burhan Wani was killed before IK became PM, why didn’t the establishment retaliate?

If India had attacked Islamabad, Lahore, Karachi or Peshawar would you still be asking what IK should have done!?

India has been attacking Kashmiri’s long before IK became PM, what did the establishment do?

Do we not insist that Kashmir is our "jugular vein" without which we can't survive?.

Let the Kashmiri’s decide, I’m sure they’d rather been an independent state.

Yes sure he should have taken military action against India

Take military action when your country is struggling financially, sounds like a smart idea that. When we were trying to get off the grey list, you want Pakistan to face more sanctions. This isn’t some Bollywood movie mate.

People compare IK's 3-year tenure with the 70-odd years of destruction. LOL.
Ik might not be the best guy for Pakistan but certainly he is not the wost when the opposition is Nawazs and Zadaris.

No nation can take military actions against the other nation when they are financially bankrupt almost. Kashmir is a global issue. What is the current system doing for Kashmir??

People compare IK's 3-year tenure with the 70-odd years of destruction. LOL.
Ik might not be the best guy for Pakistan but certainly he is not the wost when the opposition is Nawazs and Zadaris.

No nation can take military actions against the other nation when they are financially bankrupt almost. Kashmir is a global issue. What is the current system doing for Kashmir??

And, most of his tenure was disrupted due to Covid-19.

He made some decisions that I didn’t agree with, like when PDM put pressure on him to remove Atif Mian, he should’ve held his ground.

I am not here for other people to agree with me! If you don't want to debate then why are you replying?? The problem with you PTI supporters is simply that you are following a cult more then an ideology. Your loyalty is not to Pakistan but a man you consider to be a personal hero. There are many Pak commentators like Zaid Hamid who have rightfully dismissed IK as being someone who is just "obsessed with the limelight".

I am furious at IK for breaking many promises prior to being elected. There is nothing to understand when hardcore PTI thugs try to enforced their ridiculous views on others instead I encourage you to be loyal to the country not one person. I too was once an IK stooge before waking up to the facts, i suggest you do the same!

I know I'm not going to convince you otherwise but I'm eager to hear your thoughts on one of the topic you raised that Pakistan should have initiated military action against India for revoking Kashmir special status.

I'm eager to hear how this military engagement would have been initiated and what Pakistan's strategy in here was to get Kashmir back? Surely you hold IK accountable meaning there would be some plan in the background which he didn't work on so eager to hear what this plan could have been.

Whilst you are drafting the plan keep the following things in mind. At that time Pakistan was on FATF greylist with very little trading activity ongoing. In near future there were UNSC sessions which lawfully is the correct forum for raising this stance. Within a year or so Covid hit the world, how would Pakistan have sustained a war with looming Covid? Pakistan had to reach IMF for a bailout package, would this bailout came through if a war was initiated? Meaning Pakistan would have defaulted which would have meant our forex reserves depleting and collapsing leading to all imports into hyperinflation. Mind you Pakistan is not a export oriented or manufacturing economy, Pakistan today is a heavily import reliant economy where we have been importing basic necessities like onions and lentils.

So I'm eager to hear the grand plan that would have won Kashmir back. IK should have had you head of Kashmir ministry because you had such knowledge that Pakistan thinktank at that time did not have.

And, most of his tenure was disrupted due to Covid-19.

He made some decisions that I didn’t agree with, like when PDM put pressure on him to remove Atif Mian, he should’ve held his ground.
I agree. One more thing nobody talks about and its a massive factor is that throughout IK's tenure Pakistan was in FATF greylist. This means the international market was limited and expensive for Pakistan for exports. On flip side PDM government always have been in FATF whitelist. Yet the irony is that Pakistan were able to export more during IK tenure than what PDM has achieved. This is such a shameful stat yet doesn't impact our current ministers and their supporters as shame is something that is associated with respect and these people don't know what respect feels like so they don't know what shame is.

I know I'm not going to convince you otherwise but I'm eager to hear your thoughts on one of the topic you raised that Pakistan should have initiated military action against India for revoking Kashmir special status.

I'm eager to hear how this military engagement would have been initiated and what Pakistan's strategy in here was to get Kashmir back? Surely you hold IK accountable meaning there would be some plan in the background which he didn't work on so eager to hear what this plan could have been.

Whilst you are drafting the plan keep the following things in mind. At that time Pakistan was on FATF greylist with very little trading activity ongoing. In near future there were UNSC sessions which lawfully is the correct forum for raising this stance. Within a year or so Covid hit the world, how would Pakistan have sustained a war with looming Covid? Pakistan had to reach IMF for a bailout package, would this bailout came through if a war was initiated? Meaning Pakistan would have defaulted which would have meant our forex reserves depleting and collapsing leading to all imports into hyperinflation. Mind you Pakistan is not a export oriented or manufacturing economy, Pakistan today is a heavily import reliant economy where we have been importing basic necessities like onions and lentils.

So I'm eager to hear the grand plan that would have won Kashmir back. IK should have had you head of Kashmir ministry because you had such knowledge that Pakistan thinktank at that time did not have.
This will be interesting. We are about to hear a plan to take Kashmir back with force.

Imran Khan petitions LHC to challenge physical remand in 12 cases

Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI)'s founding leader Imran Khan has challenged in the Lahore High Court a decisionAn Anti-Terrorism Court in Lahore to remand him in physical custody in 12 cases related to the May 9, 2023 violence.

Imran Khan has instead requested the court on Thursday to delcare the ATC's earler ruling null and void.

The PTI has filed petitions through Barrister Salman Safdar, asserting that the ATC did not properly assess the records when granting physical remand.

They highlighted negligence in previous police investigations and the disregard for legal considerations during the remand process.

Previously, an ATC in Lahore had approved a 10-day physical remand of PTI founder in 12 cases related to the May 9 incidents. Imran Khan had appeared via WhatsApp video call from Adiala Jail for the hearing during which he denied responsibility for the incidents.

After hearing arguments from both sides on Monday, the court reserved its decision and later issued a reserved judgment. Judge Khalid Arshad pronounced the reserved judgment, according to which the court ordered a physical remand of PTI founder for 10 days, while the police had requested a remand of 30 days.

PTI's lawyers opposed the physical remand and requested dismissal of the cases, which the court also rejected.

During the proceedings, Imran Khan rejected all allegations against him, stating, "The allegations against me are baseless. I was not present there on May 9. I did not orchestrate these events. I have no connection to these incidents. I was in Islamabad. I was arrested after my peaceful protest in Islamabad, where our people were peaceful but were fired upon."

During the hearing, Lahore's prosecutor said that Imran Khan's lawyers are trying to put pressure on the court.

The prosecutor's objection to terrorism was that PTI's lawyer said, "We strongly object to the prosecutor's statement. The court heard us comfortably. This is completely unfounded."

He further mentioned that he had applied for a judicial inquiry into the May 9 incident, but the application is still pending.

He expressed concern over what he described as injustice done to them, stating, "All allegations against me are false. I did not incite anyone. They ask me to apologise; I say they should apologise for the injustice they have done. All CCTV footage has been erased."

EXPRESS TRIBUNE

Imran Khan rules out talks with PPP on no-confidence motion​

Former prime minister and PTI founder Imran Khan firmly ruled out any possibility of discussions with the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) regarding a no-confidence motion.

During an informal conversation with journalists at Adiala Jail on Saturday, Khan expressed his unwavering stance, asserting that PPP and Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) were indistinguishable and both were products of ‘manipulated’ electoral processes.

Khan criticised the current political climate, describing it as detrimental to democracy.

He highlighted the restrictions placed on his party, stating that key leaders, including the chairman and vice chairman, were already imprisoned, yet the government still threatened further bans on the party.

He condemned this as an attack on democratic principles.

Addressing the conditions in Adiala Jail, Khan detailed the harsh treatment he faced, including unsanitary conditions and inadequate food.

He called for an investigation into the alleged poisoning and mistreatment during his imprisonment.

Khan also voiced his strong condemnation of the Bannu incident, where he claimed the military fired on unarmed civilians during a peace march.
He demanded a judicial inquiry to ensure accountability.

On the economic front, Khan criticised the government's fiscal policies, questioning the increase in the presidential budget and accusing the ruling elite of burdening the public while avoiding personal sacrifices.

He emphasised that transparent elections and economic reforms were essential for Pakistan’s recovery from its current crisis.

Khan dismissed allegations related to his involvement in dissolving assemblies, stating that actions were taken in response to foreign interference, specifically referencing Donald Lu's statement.

He called for an investigation into the events of May 9, questioning why CCTV footage had not been released and why a judicial commission had not been established.

Despite facing potential lifelong imprisonment, Khan declared his readiness to stand by his principles.
He warned that if any harm came to his wife, those he had previously named would be held accountable, vowing to pursue justice relentlessly.

Firstly before we go any further what would you do if Ind attacked Lahore, Peshawar, Islamabad, Rawalpindi or Karachi? Would you still be saying we are on the greylist so let it happen?. If we say all of Kashmir is our "jugular vein then it must be as important to us as all our other cities I have mentioned. By not doing anything Imran Khan accepted that IoK is part of India! Military action should have been taken then we'd see what happens after. If India stops our water would you still be happy to die of thirst or worry about some list we are on?

Burhan Wani was killed before IK became PM, why didn’t the establishment retaliate?

India has been attacking Kashmiri’s long before IK became PM, what did the establishment do?

Let the Kashmiri’s decide, I’m sure they’d rather been an independent state.

Take military action when your country is struggling financially, sounds like a smart idea that. When we were trying to get off the grey list, you want Pakistan to face more sanctions. This isn’t some Bollywood movie mate.
In response to what did the establishment do there is a massive difference in the violence in Kashmir going on since 1989 to India removing article 370. Wani's killing again had little to do with the article being removed, he is not the only one to be murdered by the Indian terrorist military. Movie or not if you can't fight then don't complain when the world mocks and laughs at you!. If we can fight when our major cities are under attack then we can do so when this article was removed. Interesting to see that India removed this article when IK was our PM knowing full well our then pacifist PM is just a coward!

I have no problem with all of Kashmir becoming independent and will respect their decision. The only condition is that all Kashmiris living in Pakistan leave our country permanently or be treated like foreigners. They must never be allowed to buy property in Pak. They can never be allowed to even hold Pakistani passports. Tell that to a Kashmiri and they shut up. Thing is most Kashmiris want to live, work and study in Pak and Bharat yet want their valley to be completely independent. They want Pak's and Indian's to be disallowed from buying any land or property in Kashmir, to be treated as foreigners when visiting in return they should be given some "special status" where Pak and Indian nationality is given to them.

I want to tell them that this will never happen in a billion years!

Firstly before we go any further what would you do if Ind attacked Lahore, Peshawar, Islamabad, Rawalpindi or Karachi? Would you still be saying we are on the greylist so let it happen?. If we say all of Kashmir is our "jugular vein then it must be as important to us as all our other cities I have mentioned. By not doing anything Imran Khan accepted that IoK is part of India! Military action should have been taken then we'd see what happens after. If India stops our water would you still be happy to die of thirst or worry about some list we are on?
But you wanted to start a war. So let's here your plan to take Kashmir. The forum is yours

Lahore, Peshawar, Islamabad, Rawalpindi or Karachi?

None of these cities are disputed territories.

If India invaded Pakistan and dropped bombs in any of those cities then Pakistan would be well in their rights to retaliate.

blaming one man for IoK is absurd, even patwaris wouldn’t even go that far.

If India invaded Pakistan and dropped bombs in any of those cities then Pakistan would be well in their rights to retaliate.

He wanted full war and obviously he must have a full plan. Fighting a defensive war is nothing like fighting a fully fledged offensive war.

We don't look as Kashmir as being disputed rather insist it is our "jugular vein". IK is to blame because he was our PM when the article 370 was removed.

Watch him run and evade. He wanted full war and obviously he must have a full plan. Fighting a defensive war is nothing like fighting a fully fledged offensive war.
There will eventually be a full war with India that is unavoidable. You will do nothing even if India attacks our main cities being the follower of a pacifist coward. When you go to war for a reason than Allah is with you, he will plan things for the believers if they are righteous.

But you wanted to start a war. So let's here your plan to take Kashmir. The forum is yours
The war is gonna happen like it or not! You will know that more Indian troops have been killed in IoK/Doda over the past few days? They like always are blaming us for it so expect another confrontation very soon. We on the other hand blame them for what is happening on our Afghan border. Your pacifism is not gonna work in an era of sheer violence.

I never run ace!! Others like you here do! There will eventually be a full war with India that is unavoidable. You will do nothing even if India attacks our main cities being the follower of a pacifist coward. When you go to war for a reason than Allah is with you, he will plan things for the believers if they are righteous.
If Ind attacks like they did, IK gave a very apt reply. But they haven't attacked an undisputed area in PK,and you were calling for all out war, so what is your plan for this war. Or is this another one of many examples where you have no idea. So let us take Kashmir back with your plan. Let's hear it because you are about as bright as an eclipse if you think fighting defensive and offensive wars are the same.

If Ind attacks like they did, IK gave a very apt reply. But they haven't attacked an undisputed area in PK,and you were calling for all out war, so what is your plan for this war. Or is this another one of many examples where you have no idea. So let us take Kashmir back with your plan. Let's hear it because you are about as bright as an eclipse if you think fighting defensive and offensive wars are the same.
What reply did IK give? The plan is to send our troops right in to IoK or even let our tribal people do it. I do realize that it requires proper planning that should already be in place. I have much more idea's then you who just believes releasing IK will solve all our problems. That is the only thing you know and care about otherwise have no clue about the current word situation or what you are on about. I am afraid you are dumber then a brush! Now you will say something ridiculous like if we do what I have suggested then India will retaliate, off course they will that is why it will be a war! In war their are both defensive and attacking approaches applied by the military depending on the situation. I think you have been listening to Ajit Doval's comments, right?.

What reply did IK give? The plan is to send our troops right in to IoK or even let our tribal people do it. I do realize that it requires proper planning that should already be in place. I have much more idea's then you who just believes releasing IK will solve all our problems. That is the only thing you know and care about otherwise have no clue about the current word situation or what you are on about. I am afraid you are dumber then a brush! Now you will say something ridiculous like if we do what I have suggested then India will retaliate, off course they will that is why it will be a war! In war their are both defensive and attacking approaches applied by the military depending on the situation. I think you have been listening to Ajit Doval's comments, right?.
So your plan is to send troops across the border and apparently with the help of tribal people and into an area with 500,000 Ind troops . This is a genius plan lol

was
So your plan is to send troops across the border and apparently with the help of tribal people and into an area with 500,000 Ind troops . This is a genius plan lol
You need to read the history of Muslim people. Since ancient times Muslim people have always been outnumbered when it came to war's yet we won the day. We were much fewer in numbers when Pak was formed and also when Kashmir

Muslim people have always been outnumbered since ancient times yet we won war's. We were fewer in numbers when Pak was formed. We were fewer in numbers during the Kargil war and even when AJK was liberated. So according to you we should just sit back like cowards letting India do as they please.

Imran Khan’s jail interview: ‘I’m locked in a death cell for terrorists’

Pakistan’s jailed former prime minister Imran Khan has said he is being caged like a terrorist, in a rare interview from behind bars.

“I am confined in a 7ft by 8ft death cell, typically reserved for terrorists to ensure they have no contact with anyone,” he told The Sunday Times. “It is solitary confinement with barely any space to move. I am under constant surveillance by the agencies, being recorded 24/7, and I am denied basic prisoner and human rights such as visitation,” he said.

The former cricket star, 71, has been in a maximum-security prison for almost a year, convicted on three charges — corruption for allegedly selling state gifts; treason for leaking state documents; and illegal and un-Islamic marriage.

His third wife, Bushra, is also in jail. His first wife was Jemima Goldsmith, with whom he has two sons.

The interview was conducted via Khan’s lawyers because he is not allowed pencil and paper.

This month a UN working group on human rights declared his incarceration arbitrary and in violation of international law, demanding his immediate release.

Recent judgments in Pakistan have ruled in his favour. In June, the so-called Cipher Case — for leaking state secrets — was overturned, as was, on July 13, his convictions for illegal marriage and for selling state gifts such as jewellery from the Saudi crown prince.

Khan was, however, denied bail by a Lahore court over accusations that he had incited his supporters to riot in May last year after being pushed from power. Protesters stormed the home of the local army commander and stole white peacocks from his garden.

The government is threatening to ban his party, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), which won more seats than any other in elections in February. This is despite what Khan has called “unprecedented pre-poll rigging”, including his imprisonment along with that of many of his key lieutenants and the banning of his party symbol, the cricket bat.

“The election results and the voter turnout were nothing short of a soft revolution that took place under a martial law environment,” he said. “People voted for me because they are fed up with the current system and how Pakistan is being run.”

Khan was not allowed to form a government after other parties formed an alliance against him, encouraged by the powerful military. But a Supreme Court ruling last week awarded him more seats and he insists his party “secured a significant majority of approximately 175 seats, not the 93 that were officially acknowledged after being usurped”.

Last Monday Attaullah Tarar, the information minister, declared that the government would bring proceedings in the Supreme Court to ban the PTI permanently. “We are going to impose a ban on PTI and we believe that article 17 of the constitution gives the government the right to ban political parties, and the matter will be referred to the Supreme Court,” he told journalists.

Although Pakistan has spent many years under military rule, no party has been banned, and the US State Department expressed its apprehension. “Banning a political party would be of great concern to us,” a spokesman said.

Khan said: “These games are being played to break me and my party, but by the grace of the Almighty, nothing has or will succeed.”

Zulfikar Bukhari, a friend and adviser to Khan, said the threats to ban the party were a sign of panic. “The establishment is panicking — this was a kneejerk reaction to our back to back victories in court.

“Every day Imran is in prison under their fascist politics he becomes more popular,” he added. “He’s more popular now than in the last 30 years in politics.”

Bukhari is himself in exile, as are many other PTI party members. On Tuesday he will speak in the House of Lords on the erosion of democracy in Pakistan. The session was arranged by Lord Hannan of Kingsclere and Naz Shah, the MP for Bradford West.

They will discuss the opinion issued this month by the UN working group on arbitrary detention, which called for his immediate release with compensation. It was the strongest opinion the UN has offered, said the lawyer Sarah Gogan of Harbottle & Lewis, which represented Khan in petitioning the UN.

Khan said: “This decision echoes what we have been saying for over a year. As an aside, I was the first to advocate for third umpires in cricket because I always believed it would make the game fairer. With this independent opinion, it’s no longer about taking my word for it, nor my party’s word or the government’s.

“Anyone can read the entire report and see for themselves the injustices that have occurred, and what is ultimately damaging the country and hurting its people. I urge other country leaders and human rights organisations to read the UN decision and act.”

Bukhari said the decision had buoyed Khan, whom he described as being in good spirits despite the conditions in which he is being held. “His spirits are very high — he flourishes in adversity,” he said.

Khan is keeping his morale high by keeping fit whenever possible. “I engage in whatever physical exercises I can and read extensively,” he said.

He insists he will be back. “I spend most of my time planning for the future,” he said. “Despite being caged, the entire country looks to me for hope and resilience. Most importantly, my prayers keep me steadfast, my belief in God assures me that justice will prevail over tyranny.”

SOURCE: https://www.thetimes.com/article/12...6?shareToken=f975ca4775425b974b7a7214d3fce145

Pakistan’s jailed former prime minister Imran Khan has said he is being caged like a terrorist, in a rare interview from behind bars.

“I am confined in a 7ft by 8ft death cell, typically reserved for terrorists to ensure they have no contact with anyone,” he told The Sunday Times. “It is solitary confinement with barely any space to move. I am under constant surveillance by the agencies, being recorded 24/7, and I am denied basic prisoner and human rights such as visitation,” he said.

The former cricket star, 71, has been in a maximum-security prison for almost a year, convicted on three charges — corruption for allegedly selling state gifts; treason for leaking state documents; and illegal and un-Islamic marriage.

His third wife, Bushra, is also in jail. His first wife was Jemima Goldsmith, with whom he has two sons.

The interview was conducted via Khan’s lawyers because he is not allowed pencil and paper.

This month a UN working group on human rights declared his incarceration arbitrary and in violation of international law, demanding his immediate release.

Recent judgments in Pakistan have ruled in his favour. In June, the so-called Cipher Case — for leaking state secrets — was overturned, as was, on July 13, his convictions for illegal marriage and for selling state gifts such as jewellery from the Saudi crown prince.

Khan was, however, denied bail by a Lahore court over accusations that he had incited his supporters to riot in May last year after being pushed from power. Protesters stormed the home of the local army commander and stole white peacocks from his garden.

The government is threatening to ban his party, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), which won more seats than any other in elections in February. This is despite what Khan has called “unprecedented pre-poll rigging”, including his imprisonment along with that of many of his key lieutenants and the banning of his party symbol, the cricket bat.

“The election results and the voter turnout were nothing short of a soft revolution that took place under a martial law environment,” he said. “People voted for me because they are fed up with the current system and how Pakistan is being run.”

Khan was not allowed to form a government after other parties formed an alliance against him, encouraged by the powerful military. But a Supreme Court ruling last week awarded him more seats and he insists his party “secured a significant majority of approximately 175 seats, not the 93 that were officially acknowledged after being usurped”.

Last Monday Attaullah Tarar, the information minister, declared that the government would bring proceedings in the Supreme Court to ban the PTI permanently. “We are going to impose a ban on PTI and we believe that article 17 of the constitution gives the government the right to ban political parties, and the matter will be referred to the Supreme Court,” he told journalists.

Although Pakistan has spent many years under military rule, no party has been banned, and the US State Department expressed its apprehension. “Banning a political party would be of great concern to us,” a spokesman said.

Khan said: “These games are being played to break me and my party, but by the grace of the Almighty, nothing has or will succeed.”

Zulfikar Bukhari, a friend and adviser to Khan, said the threats to ban the party were a sign of panic. “The establishment is panicking — this was a kneejerk reaction to our back to back victories in court.

“Every day Imran is in prison under their fascist politics he becomes more popular,” he added. “He’s more popular now than in the last 30 years in politics.”

Bukhari is himself in exile, as are many other PTI party members. On Tuesday he will speak in the House of Lords on the erosion of democracy in Pakistan. The session was arranged by Lord Hannan of Kingsclere and Naz Shah, the MP for Bradford West.

They will discuss the opinion issued this month by the UN working group on arbitrary detention, which called for his immediate release with compensation. It was the strongest opinion the UN has offered, said the lawyer Sarah Gogan of Harbottle & Lewis, which represented Khan in petitioning the UN.

Khan said: “This decision echoes what we have been saying for over a year. As an aside, I was the first to advocate for third umpires in cricket because I always believed it would make the game fairer. With this independent opinion, it’s no longer about taking my word for it, nor my party’s word or the government’s.

“Anyone can read the entire report and see for themselves the injustices that have occurred, and what is ultimately damaging the country and hurting its people. I urge other country leaders and human rights organisations to read the UN decision and act.”

Bukhari said the decision had buoyed Khan, whom he described as being in good spirits despite the conditions in which he is being held. “His spirits are very high — he flourishes in adversity,” he said.

Khan is keeping his morale high by keeping fit whenever possible. “I engage in whatever physical exercises I can and read extensively,” he said.

He insists he will be back. “I spend most of my time planning for the future,” he said. “Despite being caged, the entire country looks to me for hope and resilience. Most importantly, my prayers keep me steadfast, my belief in God assures me that justice will prevail over tyranny.”

SOURCE: https://www.thetimes.com/article/12...6?shareToken=f975ca4775425b974b7a7214d3fce145
All his cases are fake and as Rana Sanaullah and others have said, as soon as one case is thrown out, we will find another case. This is the level of our justice system where a guy that killed 14 innocent people in broad day light is now in a position to decide which innocent person stays in prison. Remember those says when people were telling IK was a fascist. No wonder they disappeared quickly after their own came to power.

Do you think we should do this invasion at night because 1000s of troops going across the border may not be spotted in the dark.

well he is a traitor, and deserves to be placed in such a cell.

well he is a traitor, and deserves to be placed in such a cell.
Traitor to whom? Not to PK and PKs. Your big hopes for all the cases have been smashed by courts that the mafia control. Traitors are those that stole the Mandate of 250mn, killed journalists, locked up opponents without trial, blackmailed and threatened journalists and refused SC for elections. Now that's what I call Traitors

Muslim people have always been outnumbered since ancient times yet we won war's. We were fewer in numbers when Pak was formed. We were fewer in numbers during the Kargil war and even when AJK was liberated. So according to you we should just sit back like cowards letting India do as they please. When the Prophet(saw) liberated Mecca the Muslim's were much fewer in numbers at the time. Cowardice is never the answer to an ongoing threat.

Muslim people have always been outnumbered since ancient times yet we won war's. We were fewer in numbers when Pak was formed. We were fewer in numbers during the Kargil war and even when AJK was liberated. So according to you we should just sit back like cowards letting India do as they please. When the Prophet(saw) liberated Mecca the Muslim's were much fewer in numbers at the time. Cowardice is never the answer to an ongoing threat.
So we should invade a territory with 500,000 troops with a few tribes because it brought success in the past. Amazing logic.

Will you be at the border fighting, or on the couch watching others get shot dead for a bit of land?

Ok, admittedly I'm late here in joining the fun. As previously you have laid the entire blame on IK for Article 370 so I wanted to just hear your thoughts on what alternate route IK should have taken to satisfy die hard Pakistan loyalists like yourself. Once again you haven't mentioned "zilch" around the masterstroke IK missed in this instance. I'm pretty confident you don't have any theory or pragmatic action that IK Govt could have taken at that point in time else you would have shouted that out by now.

Oh and by the way you compared Kashmir with Lahore, Karachi, etc. I'm sure given you are loyal nationalist you would be well versed with the constitution of Pakistan. Given your knowledge of our constitution you would know what essentially makes up "Pakistan". If you don't (I highly doubt given your nationalism) here is a link to our constitution below and you can simply look through Part 1 itself that explains what is Pakistan.

Another bit of education in here. The water treaty of Indus between India and Pakistan is under protection from UN. Any breach in here the matter will be taken up in international courts. So I don't think its a simple matter of turning tap off and Pakistanis will die of thirst within days.

Lastly your mention that military action should have been taken is what I have been anticipating all along. Again given your nationalism and knowledge of warfare I'm very intrigued as to what sort of military action we could have taken that would have won us back Kashmir (as per you that part of Kashmir was with Pakistan that India took away under IK rule). So should we have sent in our airforce and bomb them off sky? But wouldn't we end up bombing Kashmir that we are meant to takeback? Or are you suggesting Pakistan should have attacked Delhi? Let's hear more detailed thoughts from you on it.

Ok, admittedly I'm late here in joining the fun. As previously you have laid the entire blame on IK for Article 370 so I wanted to just hear your thoughts on what alternate route IK should have taken to satisfy die hard Pakistan loyalists like yourself. Once again you haven't mentioned "zilch" around the masterstroke IK missed in this instance. I'm pretty confident you don't have any theory or pragmatic action that IK Govt could have taken at that point in time else you would have shouted that out by now.

Oh and by the way you compared Kashmir with Lahore, Karachi, etc. I'm sure given you are loyal nationalist you would be well versed with the constitution of Pakistan. Given your knowledge of our constitution you would know what essentially makes up "Pakistan". If you don't (I highly doubt given your nationalism) here is a link to our constitution below and you can simply look through Part 1 itself that explains what is Pakistan.

Another bit of education in here. The water treaty of Indus between India and Pakistan is under protection from UN. Any breach in here the matter will be taken up in international courts. So I don't think its a simple matter of turning tap off and Pakistanis will die of thirst within days.

Lastly your mention that military action should have been taken is what I have been anticipating all along. Again given your nationalism and knowledge of warfare I'm very intrigued as to what sort of military action we could have taken that would have won us back Kashmir (as per you that part of Kashmir was with Pakistan that India took away under IK rule). So should we have sent in our airforce and bomb them off sky? But wouldn't we end up bombing Kashmir that we are meant to takeback? Or are you suggesting Pakistan should have attacked Delhi? Let's hear more detailed thoughts from you on it.
Your silly links will never change my mind! As IK was the PM it was his job to think of a proper response, not mines. Why did he fight the elections when he was unable to keep any of the promises he kept? Another thing is no matter what plan is put forth a coward like IK will always find it unsatisfactory. He will always dismiss it as being unachievable. We are talking here about a man who wants to house terrorists in Islamabad and open offices for them!!

Do you look upon Kashmir as a part of Pak or not? Why do we call it our "jugular vein" if it is so irrelevant. Moreover, let me educate you even more that if India wants to stop the water then they will not care what any treaty says! Did they care about it when revoking article 370? It is incredible to see grown up people like you thinking the UN will come to our aid! What world problem have they resolved thus far?

It is not a matter of winning Kashmir rather making India change their decision over article 370. Do you see the difference? Again I did not say that part was part of Pak rather India revoked article 370 when IK was PM because they knew this man is all cheap talk. He never delivers on what he promises hence the name "u turn Khan" rightfully given to him. Pak should have sent forces in to IoK come what may, not Delhi or Mumbai as we do not claim themas being part of Pak.

CJP ‘in hurry’ to review reserved seats verdict: Imran

Former prime minister Imran Khan has criticised the chief justice of Pakistan for allegedly hurrying to fix the review of a judgement regarding reserved seats, stressing that the PTI’s petition against human rights violations had been pending for months and yet to be taken up.

Mr Khan also urged the chief justice to recuse himself from hearing PTI-related petitions, citing a conflict of interest due to his spouse’s public statements against the PTI leadership.

Talking to journalists at Adiala Jail, Mr Khan expressed concerns that PTI workers are being tried in military courts and feared that he might also face a court martial in connection with the May 9 cases.

Mr Khan pointed out that the financial crisis has led multinational companies to cease operations in Pakistan, prompting skilled professionals to move abroad to secure their future.

To a question about rumours of a technocrat set-up possibly taking effect from October, Mr Khan dismissed the idea and stressed that it was better to impose martial law, adding that the country was already being governed through an “unannounced martial law”.

He insisted that the PTI never supported a technocrat set-up, emphasising that free and fair elections are the only solution to the country’s ongoing economic instability.

The former premier said that those who think a technocrat set-up would bring Pakistan out of crisis “live in a fool’s paradise”. He also claimed he had been detained in a cell adjacent to hardened criminals.

He also criticised the PML-N government for signing agreements with independent power producers (IPPs) at exorbitant rates, which he claimed have caused electricity costs to spiral out of control. Mr Khan also decried the attack on PTI’s secretariat and the arrests of party workers.

In response to a question regarding his statement on the Bannu incident, which apparently contradicted the stance of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government, Mr Khan said he didn’t know what was happening outside since he was in prison.

Separately, PTI’s secretary general has filed a petition before the Islamabad High Court against the blockage of the party’s official website. The petition, citing the interior and IT ministries and the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) as respondents, argued that the website, established in 2000, provided the general public with information about PTI activities.

DAWN

Back