[PICTURES/VIDEOS] Imran Khan a mosaic in Pakistan's political history

Your silly links will never change my mind! As IK was the PM it was his job to think of a proper response, not mines. Why did he fight the elections when he was unable to keep any of the promises he kept? Another thing is no matter what plan is put forth a coward like IK will always find it unsatisfactory. He will always dismiss it as being unachievable. We are talking here about a man who wants to house terrorists in Islamabad and open offices for them!!

Do you look upon Kashmir as a part of Pak or not? Why do we call it our "jugular vein" if it is so irrelevant. Moreover, let me educate you even more that if India wants to stop the water then they will not care what any treaty says! Did they care about it when revoking article 370? It is incredible to see grown up people like you thinking the UN will come to our aid! What world problem have they resolved thus far?

It is not a matter of winning Kashmir rather making India change their decision over article 370. Do you see the difference? Again I did not say that part was part of Pak rather India revoked article 370 when IK was PM because they knew this man is all cheap talk. He never delivers on what he promises hence the name "u turn Khan" rightfully given to him. Pak should have sent forces in to IoK come what may, not Delhi or Mumbai as we do not claim themas being part of Pak.
Firstly the silly links were links to Pakistan constitution from our national assembly and UN treaties. Given your dismissive nature I understand you are more of a rhetoric person rather than facts based one.

Also with respect I think you are still believe that medieval warfare is relevant in today's world. From little that I know of the world has advanced leaps and bounds since WWII and warfare has gone into cyber and AI territory. Let me put it easily should you need India to change their decision they would need to be significantly pressurised by all world powers and its Pakistan's job to convince the world power of their respective status. This work could only have been achieved when best brains in Pakistan would have been working simultaneously on a single goal with uniform support from public. To be honest IK was the only leader in Pakistan who had public united behind him and also we saw an influx or retain of our best brains locally in his era. Once IK has been removed the public's number 1 enemy is military establishment and PDM whilst we have seen record breaking departure of our most talented personnel in the past 2 years. Therefore your beloved Kashmir will never be an issue as public is dismissive of this Government and their backers.

Mate you can keep shouting U-turn Khan but it would yield nothing. Try convincing the masses in Pakistan who literally look up to him as their only hope and who would blame them as poor people had schemes such as free shelter and food (Panahgah and Ehsaas program), middle class were taxed less and didn't had astronomical bills to pay off and lastly almost everyone was more than satisfied with the free healthcare initiative (sehat card). In a democracy public wins and public is with IK.

Your silly links will never change my mind! As IK was the PM it was his job to think of a proper response, not mines. Why did he fight the elections when he was unable to keep any of the promises he kept? Another thing is no matter what plan is put forth a coward like IK will always find it unsatisfactory. He will always dismiss it as being unachievable. We are talking here about a man who wants to house terrorists in Islamabad and open offices for them!!

Do you look upon Kashmir as a part of Pak or not? Why do we call it our "jugular vein" if it is so irrelevant. Moreover, let me educate you even more that if India wants to stop the water then they will not care what any treaty says! Did they care about it when revoking article 370? It is incredible to see grown up people like you thinking the UN will come to our aid! What world problem have they resolved thus far?

It is not a matter of winning Kashmir rather making India change their decision over article 370. Do you see the difference? Again I did not say that part was part of Pak rather India revoked article 370 when IK was PM because they knew this man is all cheap talk. He never delivers on what he promises hence the name "u turn Khan" rightfully given to him. Pak should have sent forces in to IoK come what may, not Delhi or Mumbai as we do not claim themas being part of Pak.
Silly links eh?

Imran Khan’s aide threatened with parents’ kidnapping in Pakistan over UK event

APakistani dissident living in the UK was told his parents would be abducted if he attended an event at the British parliament, critical of Islamabad’s government.

Azhar Mashwani, a senior aide to former prime minister Imran Khan, was set to speak at the House of Lords on Tuesday at a hearing discussing the ongoing crackdown of Pakistan’s opposition.

But two days before the meeting, Mr Mashwani received a phone call warning him his mother and father would be kidnapped if he attended – part of what Mr Khan’s supporters claim is a campaign of intimidation and suppression.

Mr Mashwani told The Independent: “I received the call and was told if I went to the meeting, I should forget about my brothers and that my parents would also be abducted.

“It is suffocating that even in the UK I am being threatened and cannot exercise my basic human rights. I am also worried I could be attacked.”

Lord Daniel Hannan, who chaired the discussion, told The Independent: “I was disturbed to hear that people involved in our hearing had been warned off attending, with threats made against family members in Pakistan.

“Pakistan is a friend and ally and it needs to restore the rule of law. Every friend of democracy should stand up and call for this.”
Mr Khan’s arrest triggered violent unrest across the south Asian country, with some supporters attacking facilities associated with the country’s military.

MSN

Imran Khan’s aide threatened with parents’ kidnapping in Pakistan over UK event

APakistani dissident living in the UK was told his parents would be abducted if he attended an event at the British parliament, critical of Islamabad’s government.

Azhar Mashwani, a senior aide to former prime minister Imran Khan, was set to speak at the House of Lords on Tuesday at a hearing discussing the ongoing crackdown of Pakistan’s opposition.

But two days before the meeting, Mr Mashwani received a phone call warning him his mother and father would be kidnapped if he attended – part of what Mr Khan’s supporters claim is a campaign of intimidation and suppression.

Mr Mashwani told The Independent: “I received the call and was told if I went to the meeting, I should forget about my brothers and that my parents would also be abducted.

“It is suffocating that even in the UK I am being threatened and cannot exercise my basic human rights. I am also worried I could be attacked.”

Lord Daniel Hannan, who chaired the discussion, told The Independent: “I was disturbed to hear that people involved in our hearing had been warned off attending, with threats made against family members in Pakistan.

“Pakistan is a friend and ally and it needs to restore the rule of law. Every friend of democracy should stand up and call for this.”
Mr Khan’s arrest triggered violent unrest across the south Asian country, with some supporters attacking facilities associated with the country’s military.

MSN

Establishment is another Saddam Hussein in the making. He is following his playbook. The American's in due course will realize he will not think twice about telling them to take a hike if they instruct him to do something he doesn't like.

Last edited by a moderator:
UK parliamentarians demand Imran Khan's immediate release

Nearly two dozen UK members of parliament have called for the immediate release of Imran Khan, the former prime minister of Pakistan, currently imprisoned in Adiala jail with his wife Bushra Begum.

The demand for Khan’s release was made at a hearing today in the House of Lord's Committee Room about the erosion of democratic norms in Pakistan and the “illegal incarceration” of the former prime minister. The hearing was jointly convened by Labour MP for Bradford West Naz Shah, and Conservative Peer Lord Hannan of Kingsclere.

Sayed Zulfikar Bukhari, who was appointed Imran Khan’s International Affairs Adviser today, and PTI candidate in the 2024 Pakistani general election Meher Bano Qureshi were guest speakers, as was Sarwar Bari, founder of Pattan Development.

This hearing was attended by over 22 parliamentarians from all major parties, including the former Leader of the Conservative Party and Cabinet Minister Sir Iain Duncan Smith MP, the former Home Secretary Priti Patel MP, former Security Minister Baroness Neville-Jones, former Minister of State in the Foreign Office Lord Ahmad of Wimbledon and former Conservative Party Chairwoman and Foreign Office Minister Baroness Warsi. Newly elected independent MPs Shockat Adam, Barrister Ayoub Khan, Iqbal Mohammad and Labour’s Naushabah Khan were also in attendance.

PTI UK’s leader Jahanzeb Khan was also in attendance as well as four other office bearers.

The hearing resolved that parliamentarians will call on Prime Minister Sir Keir Starmer and the Secretary of State for Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Affairs David Lammy for the UK government to take note of the recent United Nations report into former prime minister Imran Khan's incarceration, demand his immediate release and the return of democracy to Pakistan.

UK parliamentarians demand Imran Khan's immediate release

Nearly two dozen UK members of parliament have called for the immediate release of Imran Khan, the former prime minister of Pakistan, currently imprisoned in Adiala jail with his wife Bushra Begum.

The demand for Khan’s release was made at a hearing today in the House of Lord's Committee Room about the erosion of democratic norms in Pakistan and the “illegal incarceration” of the former prime minister. The hearing was jointly convened by Labour MP for Bradford West Naz Shah, and Conservative Peer Lord Hannan of Kingsclere.

Sayed Zulfikar Bukhari, who was appointed Imran Khan’s International Affairs Adviser today, and PTI candidate in the 2024 Pakistani general election Meher Bano Qureshi were guest speakers, as was Sarwar Bari, founder of Pattan Development.

This hearing was attended by over 22 parliamentarians from all major parties, including the former Leader of the Conservative Party and Cabinet Minister Sir Iain Duncan Smith MP, the former Home Secretary Priti Patel MP, former Security Minister Baroness Neville-Jones, former Minister of State in the Foreign Office Lord Ahmad of Wimbledon and former Conservative Party Chairwoman and Foreign Office Minister Baroness Warsi. Newly elected independent MPs Shockat Adam, Barrister Ayoub Khan, Iqbal Mohammad and Labour’s Naushabah Khan were also in attendance.

PTI UK’s leader Jahanzeb Khan was also in attendance as well as four other office bearers.

The hearing resolved that parliamentarians will call on Prime Minister Sir Keir Starmer and the Secretary of State for Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Affairs David Lammy for the UK government to take note of the recent United Nations report into former prime minister Imran Khan's incarceration, demand his immediate release and the return of democracy to Pakistan.

I have contacted my newly elected MP and have asked for a meeting. I will ask him to put a ban on NS,the plastic witch, AZ from entering the UK

establishment is another Saddam Hussein in the making. He is following his playbook. The American's in due course will realize he will not think twice about telling them to take a hike if they instruct him to do something he doesn't like.
They would have his guts for garters if he refused any orders. They have so much on him that he won't dare. He was appointed because they can blackmail him

Imran refuses lie detector, other tests at Adiala

Former prime minister Imran Khan on Tuesday refused to undergo polygraph, photogrammetry and voice matching tests, despite a Lahore police team’s efforts to interrogate him regarding a dozen cases related to the May 9 riots.

A 12-member team, led by DSP Javed Asif and including officials from the Punjab Forensic Science Agency (PFSA), arrived at Adiala Jail, where Mr Khan has been imprisoned for nearly a year.

The team, which included investigation officers (IOs) of the cases and PFSA experts Abid Ayub and Inspector Waqas Khalid, tried to question the former premier and perform the necessary tests.

Mr Khan initially refused to answer the police’s questions, expressing distrust in the authorities and insisting on the presence of his lawyers. “I am under investigation by many agencies and will not take any tests for now. I will give the police time later regarding different tests,” he said.

However, after assurances from DSP Asif that justice would be ensured, Mr Khan agreed to answer questions for about 15 minutes but refused the requested tests.

It was the second visit by the Lahore police team. On Monday, a team led by DSP Javed and including Inspector Rana Akmal, Rana Arham, Alam Langrial, Rana Muneer and Muhammad Ali had arrived Adiala jail at 4pm and waited for about 3.5 hours to investigate Mr Khan. However, he refused to allow the team to investigate him.

An official privy to the development said the team informed Mr Khan that he was a “nominated accused person” in 12 cases related to anti-terrorism, inciting the public against the state, and other charges stemming from the May 9 violent protests.

Mr Khan was also told that he was on physical remand, which was allowed by the court, and the investigation officers wanted to interrogate him in the cases.

The police officials also questioned him about various aspects of the May 9 riots that targeted the Lahore corps commander’s residence, military installations and public properties.

Following their visit, the police team and PFSA experts briefed Lahore DIG Investigation Zeeshan Asghar on Mr Khan’s lack of cooperation. The matter will be discussed in a meeting of senior police officers to devise a strategy for a follow-up visit in consultation with the prosecution department.

DAWN

Imran Khan to apply for Oxford University role from prison​

Former Pakistani prime minister, Imran Khan, will reportedly run for chancellor of Oxford University from his prison cell in Pakistan.

The controversial politician and cricket star will attempt to enter despite serving a ten-year jail sentence.

The seat of chancellor of Oxford University is vacant following the resignation of 80-year-old Lord Patten, the former governor of Hong Kong and Tory Party chairman, who held the post for 21 years.

According to Oxford University, the role of chancellor is the ceremonial head of the university, who is “usually an eminent public figure elected for life” and “presides over all major ceremonies”.

The process of electing a new chancellor by members of the University's convocation - which is about 350,000 people - will be held online for the first time.

Imran Khan urges nation to prepare for elections, conveys Omar Ayub​

Leader of the Opposition in the National Assembly and Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) leader, Omar Ayub Khan, has conveyed incarcerated party founder Imran Khan's message that the nation should "prepare for new elections".

Speaking to the media after a meeting with beleaguered former premier Imran Khan in Adiala Jail on Thursday, Ayub conveyed Imran’s message, saying, "The nation should prepare for new elections because they will lead to the country's development."

He continued, "The current government has failed and has pushed the army against PTI and the public," noting that Imran urged the nation to be ready for elections.

Ayub, joined by leaders including Allama Raja Nasir Abbas and Sahibzada Hamid Raza Kazmi, described today's meeting with Imran as "positive".

He relayed Imran's message to army chief General Asim Munir, claiming that Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif and the current government aim to create a rift between the Pakistan Army and PTI.

"90% of the public stands behind PTI," Ayub asserted.

He also pointed out the alleged disappearance of footage from the May 9 protests at the Corps Commander’s House and GHQ.

Ayub noted that footage from the March 14 raid at Zaman Park and the March 18 incident at the judicial complex is also missing, which he explained, has prompted Imran to seek legal action.

He stated that the Islamabad commissioner had cancelled PTI’s rally permit, but PTI plans to hold another rally on August 5, led by Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa Chief Minister Ali Amin Gandapur.

The general secretary of PTI said that during the meeting with the party supremo, PTI members proposed names for reserved seats to Imran, who suggested that women who stood firm during challenging times should be given these seats.

Kanwal Shauzab will finalise the details, he added.

Criticising the DG ISPR, Ayub stated that the press conference held by him highlighted the government's failure.

He also called for the Chief Election Commissioner and provincial commissioners to resign, accusing them of misinterpreting the apex court's decision.

At a hunger strike camp outside the Parliament House, Ayub emphasised that General Asim Munir should understand the government's attempt to pit the army against PTI and the people.

Firstly the silly links were links to Pakistan constitution from our national assembly and UN treaties. Given your dismissive nature I understand you are more of a rhetoric person rather than facts based one.

Also with respect I think you are still believe that medieval warfare is relevant in today's world. From little that I know of the world has advanced leaps and bounds since WWII and warfare has gone into cyber and AI territory. Let me put it easily should you need India to change their decision they would need to be significantly pressurised by all world powers and its Pakistan's job to convince the world power of their respective status. This work could only have been achieved when best brains in Pakistan would have been working simultaneously on a single goal with uniform support from public. To be honest IK was the only leader in Pakistan who had public united behind him and also we saw an influx or retain of our best brains locally in his era. Once IK has been removed the public's number 1 enemy is military establishment and PDM whilst we have seen record breaking departure of our most talented personnel in the past 2 years. Therefore your beloved Kashmir will never be an issue as public is dismissive of this Government and their backers.

Mate you can keep shouting U-turn Khan but it would yield nothing. Try convincing the masses in Pakistan who literally look up to him as their only hope and who would blame them as poor people had schemes such as free shelter and food (Panahgah and Ehsaas program), middle class were taxed less and didn't had astronomical bills to pay off and lastly almost everyone was more than satisfied with the free healthcare initiative (sehat card). In a democracy public wins and public is with IK.
This is because your treaties and all are not worth the ink that they are written on. Had they been so the UN would have resolved all the outstanding issues that the world is fighting over. Tell me then why have they not done that!!? I believe certain issues can only be resolved by war, absolutely I do.

So Pak has not been able to change anyone's mind rather India is making provocative statements AJK. Your best brains whoever they are have been trying diplomacy for 70 years or something with little or no effect. It is obviously escaped you that Zionism is the world power who are in cahoots with India so no matter how much you beg them they will never see our perspective. Even if we were united that still could not be done, even then it will be an ultimate battle with India that has been foretold in Islamic prophecy as Ghazwa-e-Hind.

Silly man, it is the military that is holding the country together. Imran Khan did everything he could to divide it in to factions with his contradictory views that change like the weather. I have mentioned his crap so many without being challenged or being given a proper reply. I keep telling you people that I don't believe in western style democracy for Pakistan no matter how much you beat your it will never work in Pakistan. This has only lead to loot and plunder of the country.

This is because your treaties and all are not worth the ink that they are written on. Had they been so the UN would have resolved all the outstanding issues that the world is fighting over. Tell me then why have they not done that!!? I believe certain issues can only be resolved by war, absolutely I do.

So Pak has not been able to change anyone's mind rather India is making provocative statements AJK. Your best brains whoever they are have been trying diplomacy for 70 years or something with little or no effect. It is obviously escaped you that Zionism is the world power who are in cahoots with India so no matter how much you beg them they will never see our perspective. Even if we were united that still could not be done, even then it will be an ultimate battle with India that has been foretold in Islamic prophecy as Ghazwa-e-Hind.

Silly man, it is the military that is holding the country together. Imran Khan did everything he could to divide it in to factions with his contradictory views that change like the weather. I have mentioned his crap so many without being challenged or being given a proper reply. I keep telling you people that I don't believe in western style democracy for Pakistan no matter how much you beat your it will never work in Pakistan. This has only lead to loot and plunder of the country.
Your post is full of contradictions. Let me point to some although its going to fall on deaf ears I know.

Diplomacy for 70 years? Is that true then who did Pakistan fought wars with over the years latest one being Kargil? You got this fact wrong.

Western style democracy in Pakistan? If this is true then the eras of Ayub, Zia or Musharraf were democracy too? You conveniently ignore that Pakistan has been under direct dictatorship for 30 years of its history. Yet during this direct military rule the military never attacked and gained Kashmir from India, why? Why did military not have confidence in their own ability to lead the charge and resolve this conflict by war as by your admission that is the best way to resolve conflicts, were they being toothless and lacked courage or they knew how their little adventure would end up.

"Silly man, it is the military that is holding the country together." I love this quote. This is a default response whenever someone criticise military even constructively. The notion is that due to strong military of Pakistan the enemy neighbours refrain from attacking us, for this logic I'm all for. But this doesn't mean that you hand over decision making rights from public to military because they are protecting borders. There is a difference between protecting borders and actually ruling the country, military is criticised for its role in politics and governance no one has ever criticised them on security fronts. Let me give an example, you have a dog that guards your house and is good in its role. This does not mean that you place the dog at the head of the table and let it make decisions for the house.

The thing with Imran Khan is that he was a very good bowler and a passionate leader. One of the best ever. As a politician he had just enough charisma to be accepted as a leader by the masses because they never really experienced good leadership or were not allowed that by their military.

Once he got the power, he got exposed as a clueless narcissist clown only interested in photo ops that too of the modelling type. He burn his own bridges and that for Pakistan in the longer run by crossing limits in his offensive comments on USA, Bharat the two major super powers of the modern era resulting in Pakistan being pushed to the brink of international isolation.

On top of that he got exposed as a crooked corrupt looter of Pakistan wealth.

In the end he ruined his legacy and the losses Pakistan as a nation has suffered because of his motormouth and online rants has put Pakistan story back by years.

A truly forgettable figure in Pakistan politics. A disaster and a political clown.

The thing with Imran Khan is that he was a very good bowler and a passionate leader. One of the best ever. As a politician he had just enough charisma to be accepted as a leader by the masses because they never really experienced good leadership or were not allowed that by their military.

Once he got the power, he got exposed as a clueless narcissist clown only interested in photo ops that too of the modelling type. He burn his own bridges and that for Pakistan in the longer run by crossing limits in his offensive comments on USA, Bharat the two major super powers of the modern era resulting in Pakistan being pushed to the brink of international isolation.

On top of that he got exposed as a crooked corrupt looter of Pakistan wealth.

In the end he ruined his legacy and the losses Pakistan as a nation has suffered because of his motormouth and online rants has put Pakistan story back by years.

A truly forgettable figure in Pakistan politics. A disaster and a political clown.

Modi is a terrorist.

Your post is full of contradictions. Let me point to some although its going to fall on deaf ears I know.

Diplomacy for 70 years? Is that true then who did Pakistan fought wars with over the years latest one being Kargil? You got this fact wrong.

Western style democracy in Pakistan? If this is true then the eras of Ayub, Zia or Musharraf were democracy too? You conveniently ignore that Pakistan has been under direct dictatorship for 30 years of its history. Yet during this direct military rule the military never attacked and gained Kashmir from India, why? Why did military not have confidence in their own ability to lead the charge and resolve this conflict by war as by your admission that is the best way to resolve conflicts, were they being toothless and lacked courage or they knew how their little adventure would end up.

"Silly man, it is the military that is holding the country together." I love this quote. This is a default response whenever someone criticise military even constructively. The notion is that due to strong military of Pakistan the enemy neighbours refrain from attacking us, for this logic I'm all for. But this doesn't mean that you hand over decision making rights from public to military because they are protecting borders. There is a difference between protecting borders and actually ruling the country, military is criticised for its role in politics and governance no one has ever criticised them on security fronts. Let me give an example, you have a dog that guards your house and is good in its role. This does not mean that you place the dog at the head of the table and let it make decisions for the house.
I don't know what you mean by Pak fought wars in Kargil? You have to make your point clear if their is any! Did I praise past democratic governments of Pakistan or any dictatorship rather I hold them all with equal contempt. Again the point is that it was under your Imran Khan's leadership that India revoked article 370 so tell me why was this? Why did they not do it when for example Musharraf was in charge? Once more I must emphasize that the military is answerable to the government, the orders come from the top.

I am glad to hear you love my quote on the military holding the country together when they are the only institution in the country that is working. Everything else has failed or is crumbling like a biscuit! Until and unless you put forth some good honest leaders who are capable of leading the only Islamic nuke power the military is the best option. Again, I must say that democracy will never work in Pak instead what we need is a Presidential system to take the country forward. Just because democracy works in one country does not mean it will do so in Pak too.

Can someone also explain to me why Indian's like Gaurav Arya were so pro PTI and Imran Khan?. Gaurav encouraged Indian people to financially contribute to the PTI as well.

The very fact that many Indians dislike IK just show you how great a leader he has become. Also unlike Modi he didn't clamp down against Hindus in Pakistan.

hain?

When did it happen bro?
It has happened many times. RAW'S Gaurav openly supports IK and encourages Indian people to contribute financially to the PTI. Can you imagine some Pakistani financially supporting Indian politicians?. I have always felt that there is something very dark and sinister about Imran Khan. He accuses other politicians of wrong doing then when he does the same tells us doing a u-turn is all acceptable and part of reaching your end goal.

The very fact that many Indians dislike IK just show you how great a leader he has become. Also unlike Modi he didn't clamp down against Hindus in Pakistan.
Common people like and dislike all celebrities for personal reasons. Indian people do not dislike IK for his politics but general attitude similar to why I dislike Shah Rukh Khan. Great leader my foot his divisive politics and extremism makes him a threat to Pak's security. Their are hardly any Hindu's left in Pak for him to disappoint.

It has happened many times. RAW'S Gaurav openly supports IK and encourages Indian people to contribute financially to the PTI. Can you imagine some Pakistani financially supporting Indian politicians?. I have always felt that there is something very dark and sinister about Imran Khan. He accuses other politicians of wrong doing then when he does the same tells us doing a u-turn is all acceptable and part of reaching your end goal.
So he plays and you fall for it🤣🤣🤣😂😂🤣

Imran Khan legacy is unprecedented now, the day will be like Eid when he is released from prison, any election from now on is irrelevant because there will be only one winner which is Imran Khan

I don't know what you mean by Pak fought wars in Kargil? You have to make your point clear if their is any! Did I praise past democratic governments of Pakistan or any dictatorship rather I hold them all with equal contempt. Again the point is that it was under your Imran Khan's leadership that India revoked article 370 so tell me why was this? Why did they not do it when for example Musharraf was in charge? Once more I must emphasize that the military is answerable to the government, the orders come from the top.

I am glad to hear you love my quote on the military holding the country together when they are the only institution in the country that is working. Everything else has failed or is crumbling like a biscuit! Until and unless you put forth some good honest leaders who are capable of leading the only Islamic nuke power the military is the best option. Again, I must say that democracy will never work in Pak instead what we need is a Presidential system to take the country forward. Just because democracy works in one country does not mean it will do so in Pak too.
The Establishmenr have been exposed as traitors. They took orders from the American's and sold PK. The American's wanted to give Ind a free hand to deal with China and the Inds took advantage and killed people on our soil and because the Establishment were financially exposed they couldn't even resist. They couldn't even condemn the murder and apparently they are our saviours. If the Inds are allowed to murder people in PK, who is the enemy. Is it IK, Dr Yasmin and the PTI workers? Who is the enemy

Imran Khan legacy is unprecedented now, the day will be like Eid when he is released from prison, any election from now on is irrelevant because there will be only one winner which is Imran Khan
The Establishment are playing for time. They are hoping for a Harris victory because Trumps behaviour can't be predicted. The Finance Minister told us that we need around $35bn in the next 2 years and no one is prepared to lend a penny. There will be no stability until IK is given his mandate and Munir resigns along with his puppets Isa and Sikandar Raja. IK should let these crooks face the public whose life they have destroyed

The Establishment have been exposed as traitors. They took orders from the American's and sold PK. The American's wanted to give Ind a free hand to deal with China and the Inds took advantage and killed people on our soil and because the Generals were financially exposed they couldn't even resist. They couldn't even condemn the murder and apparently they are our saviours. If the Inds are allowed to murder people in PK, who is the enemy. Is it IK, Dr Yasmin and the PTI workers? Who is the enemy

You’re way too emotional for a man who supports the establishment. You should be happy that your lot are running the country, stealing land, taking millions out of the country that they “served”, and are seen cycling in Europe with their family whilst burning the country down.

You’re way too emotional for a man who supports the establishment. You should be happy that your lot are running the country, stealing land, taking millions out of the country that they “served”, and are seen cycling in Europe with their family whilst burning the country down.
I take your point but We need to expose these losers at every opportunity. We need to expose the liars over the cypher, over the murders on PK soil, over the stolen elections and the destruction of an economy.

Lol Imran Khan has taken another u-turn, admits to calling for ‘peaceful’ GHQ protest

Anyone like me who has ever met IK will testify that he is incredibly rude, arrogant, distant and even aggressive. Ask him a simple question and his reply will be a long, boring and tedious lecture just like we see on TV. From the many celebrities I have met including Sachin and Amitabh none have been like him. Not only his politics but I absolutely despise Imran Khan as a person. The great Muhammad Ali who is a hundred times more famous then IK was so humble when I met him years back at a Masjid.

Anyone like me who has ever met IK will testify that he is incredibly rude, arrogant, distant and even aggressive. Ask him a simple question and his reply will be a long, boring and tedious lecture just like we see on TV. From the many celebrities I have met including Sachin and Amitabh none have been like him. Not only his politics but I absolutely despise Imran Khan as a person. The great Muhammad Ali who is a hundred times more famous then IK was so humble when I met him years back at a Masjid.
You are not the first one who is telling me this, i have heard it from many people that he is arrogant

Then what was the problem when trump supporters attacked capitol?
If that is the case what happened to the CCTV for the Lahore Commanders house? What happened to other evidences of the attacks? Dr Yasmin has been held without trial for 15 months? Why hasn't her trial started. Why did those that left IK have their cases dropped?
In IKs bail application the prosecution was asked to bring forward their best evidence and you know what it was? Wait for it, a policeman sat in a secret PTI meeting at Zaman Park and heard the conspiracy🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
😂

If that is the case what happened to the CCTV for the Lahore Commanders house? What happened to other evidences of the attacks? Dr Yasmin has been held without trial for 15 months? Why hasn't her trial started. Why did those that left IK have their cases dropped?
In IKs bail application the prosecution was asked to bring forward their best evidence and you know what it was? Wait for it, a policeman sat in a secret PTI meeting at Zaman Park and heard the conspiracy🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
😂

It happens when you come into power with the help of the Godfather. Imran Khan shook hands with the King makers and got the PM seat, and whatever is happening now are the aftermaths of those wrong decisions. Either go back to what you were before 2013, or do what your godfather is saying.

Then what was the problem when trump supporters attacked capitol?

Bro, if you’re married you’d know that even outside of a beauty parlour they’ll have a guard with a shotgun. Imagine the amount of security outside of “Jinnah house”, how they got into the compound should be the question.

It happens when you come into power with the help of the Godfather. Imran Khan shook hands with the King makers and got the PM seat, and whatever is happening now are the aftermaths of those wrong decisions. Either go back to what you were before 2013, or do what your godfather is saying.
No he didn't. He won the elections by hammering pathetic bhagora crook after the Panama papers scandal. Thugs claimed they were cheated out of seats in 2018, but not, and I repeat, not a single case was registered. Why?
And why did Khawaja Asif ask Establishment to turn the machines off so they could win.

Calling for peaceful protests is ok, had IK said to attack the corps house then it’s a different ball game.

He is the leader of PK. Get it right

You're lying

No he didn't. He won the elections by hammering pathetic bhagora crook after the Panama papers scandal. Thugs claimed they were cheated out of seats in 2018, but not, and I repeat, not a single case was registered. Why?
And why did Khawaja Asif ask Establishment to turn the machines off so they could win.
Can you prove that Imran Khan won the 2018 elections without the blessings of the establishment?

Because he won this one when his party was banned, he was in jail and his bat symbol was taken🤣🤣🤣😂🤣🤣
Maybe you are trying to derail the topic. I'm talking about 2018 elections and you are deliberately answering me about 2024 elections

Maybe you are trying to derail the topic. I'm talking about 2018 elections and you are deliberately answering me about 2024 elections
So if a man can win 80% without a party, a symbol and in jail, you think he didn't win in 2018 and without a providing a shred of proof that he didn't. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Where are the cases from Nooras and PPP from 2018. Please run off, provide the links to the cases that the mafia brought. Thanks in advance

The country has been raped by the Military Establishment and its crooked mafia politicians that it keeps in power, through revolving doors.

Swathes of the country are either owned by the military or the corrupt politicians that it supports.

The poor meanwhile are left helpless, and then you have idiots here that actually support this.

Hundreds of billions of dollars stolen from the country, used to buy land and industries and siphoned abroad.

some people here defend this by criticising IK, calling him corrupt and U-Turn khan... use schizophrenic arguments like Taliban Khsn and then Zionist Khan... they say he only came into power due to the military and dismiss the recent elections as if 2018 matters more then 2024... listen to you yourself..,

The Establishment have been exposed as traitors. They took orders from the American's and sold PK. The American's wanted to give Ind a free hand to deal with China and the Inds took advantage and killed people on our soil and because the Establishment were financially exposed they couldn't even resist. They couldn't even condemn the murder and apparently they are our saviours. If the Inds are allowed to murder people in PK, who is the enemy. Is it IK, Dr Yasmin and the PTI workers? Who is the enemy
No one here is defending corrupt Establishment rather I am doing so the soldiers who defend the borders. If the Establishment are guilty of killing our people then so is IK for doing nothing when article 370 was removed by India. He is also guilty of resettling terrorists in KPK after the fauj had expelled them in to Afghanistan. Now tell me why defends Pak from external enemies?

No one here is defending corrupt General's rather I am doing so the soldiers who defend the borders. If the General's are guilty of killing our people then so is IK for doing nothing when article 370 was removed by India. He is also guilty of resettling terrorists in KPK after the fauj had expelled them in to Afghanistan. Now tell me why defends Pak from external enemies? The soldiers do while Imran Khan is having adult chats on his phone and his son's living the good life in London.
You are. You claimed Bajwa overthrow IK because he "believed" that IK was an Ind agent. You claimed that 9th May was real when every single case in court has been embarrassingly bad with no evidence and you refused to explain why the CCTV disappeared,how the security for the Lahore commander was withdrawn. You keep saying the Generals kept the country together but you forgot BD, you ignored the fact somewhere between 70-80% of PK soldiers voted for IK in the elections.
You wanted war against Ind but when asked you claimed that we should just go over the border as if it was a tea party and to do this we just needed some tribesmen because they could invade a country like Ind.
Your delusions,lies and half truths stand exposed

You are not the first one who is telling me this, i have heard it from many people that he is arrogant
He is indeed incredibly rude and budthameez never showing any appreciation like a "please" or "thank you". There is not an ounce of gratitude in this man who clearly views himself as a superior species. He like his supporters as we saw in the video get violent when someone criticizes them. His two previous wives left him because he can not tolerate a powerful lady or person who has his or her own views. He only likes submissive people like his current wife Bushra Bibi who happily nod's at everything he says whilst never appearing in public. I love no personality or cult at all but only Pakistan.

He is indeed incredibly rude and budthameez never showing any appreciation like a "please" or "thank you". There is not an ounce of gratitude in this man who clearly views himself as a superior species. He like his supporters as we saw in the video get violent when someone criticizes them. His two previous wives left him because he can not tolerate a powerful lady or person who has his or her own views. He only likes submissive people like his current wife Bushra Bibi who happily nod's at everything he says whilst never appearing in public. I love no personality or cult at all but only Pakistan.
It's not his job to please tools like you. His supporters don't kill people, that is the mafia that are hated by PK people as shown by the elections. Ask the families of Arshad Sharif, Zille Shah and countless others that are victims of your thuggery

You are. You claimed Bajwa overthrow IK because he "believed" that IK was an Ind agent. You claimed that 9th May was real when every single case in court has been embarrassingly bad with no evidence and you refused to explain why the CCTV disappeared,how the security for the Lahore commander was withdrawn. You keep saying the Generals kept the country together but you forgot BD, you ignored the fact somewhere between 70-80% of PK soldiers voted for IK in the elections.
You wanted war against Ind but when asked you claimed that we should just go over the border as if it was a tea party and to do this we just needed some tribesmen because they could invade a country like Ind.
Your delusions,lies and half truths stand exposed
That may be so but I did not say Bajwa was not corrupt?. I said if he threw out IK then it was right because IK is and was pro Indian. Anything disappearing can not be seen as any evidence besides I said that IK's anti military rants instigated May 9 riots, i stand by that 100%.

Now you are talking of 1971 when we had two borders to defend with a massive country like India in the middle yet we fought tooth and nail. How do you know that those General's of ours were corrupt as well when we were outnumbered by a much larger army?. Even if some soldiers voted for IK it was before his lies was exposed. It was before India had revoked article 370 thereafter IK ran like a mouse!

I have totally hammered your IK and you with the many video's that show us for what he is. Yes, we should have gone to war against India...absolutely!. Tribesmen, tribes ladies or soldiers Pak should have entered India like we did during the Kargil conflict. then again Musharraf had guts where as IK and his supporters are cowards.

It's not his job to please tools like you. His supporters don't kill people, that is the mafia that are hated by PK people as shown by the elections. Ask the families of Arshad Sharif, Zille Shah and countless others that are victims of your thuggery
If it is not his job to please people then why is he begging for votes? Oh yes his supporters are violent as seen in the video i posted and on the streets of many countries. That is the problem that immature and childish kids like you look upon criticism of IK as the person being a supporter of some other party. So I will play your game by insisting nothing can be worse then you people resettling terrorists in KPK after they had been drained out by the fauj.

That may be so but I did not say Bajwa was not corrupt?. I said if he threw out IK then it was right because IK is and was pro Indian. Anything disappearing can not be seen as any evidence besides I said that IK's anti military rants instigated May 9 riots, i stand by that 100%.

Now you are talking of 1971 when we had two borders to defend with a massive country like India in the middle yet we fought tooth and nail. How do you know that those General's of ours were corrupt as well when we were outnumbered by a much larger army?. Even if some soldiers voted for IK it was before his lies was exposed. It was before India had revoked article 370 thereafter IK ran like a mouse!

I have totally hammered your IK and you with the many video's that show us for what he is. Yes, we should have gone to war against India...absolutely!. Tribesmen, tribes ladies or soldiers Pak should have entered India like we did during the Kargil conflict. then again Musharraf had guts where as IK and his supporters like you a cowards.
If you trusted a guy to overthrow an elected PM, then surely you believe he wasn't corrupt, especially after the release of his wealth statement
In 1971, our racist elite led by Bhutto and Yahya led to the break up of the country. Mujeeb won the elections but our pathetic elite rather break up PK rather than lose power. Does it ring any bells in contemporary politics with Munir and KP?
You have humiliated yourself with you self pitying complaints about IK being rude to a nondescript that supports criminals. It's as if he knew you even back then.
Yes, we should have entered Ind and got our soldiers slaughtered. I am not sure as to whether to laugh or cry at such rubbish.

Guys please avoid making personal remarks, so better to discuss respectfully or avoid posting here. Thanks!

Imran Khan seeks bail in 12 terrorism cases

Former prime minister and Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) founder Imran Khan has approached the Anti-Terrorism Court (ATC) seeking bail in 12 cases related to the events of May 9.

Through his lawyer Salman Safdar, Khan has filed applications for post-arrest bail.

Khan's petitions argue that he is on judicial remand for all the cases and claims no recoveries are required from him.

He insists the police cases are malicious and politically motivated, aimed at targeting him for retribution.

The PTI founder is asking the ATC to grant bail for cases including the Jinnah House attack and the arson at Askari Tower.

EXPRESS TRIBUNE

If you trusted a guy to overthrow an elected PM, then surely you believe he wasn't corrupt, especially after the release of his wealth statement
In 1971, our racist elite led by Bhutto and Yahya led to the break up of the country. Mujeeb won the elections but our pathetic elite rather break up PK rather than lose power. Does it ring any bells in contemporary politics with Munir and KP?
You have humiliated yourself with you self pitying complaints about IK being rude to a nondescript that supports criminals. It's as if he knew you even back then.
Yes, we should have entered Ind and got our soldiers slaughtered. I am not sure as to whether to laugh or cry at such rubbish.
I don't really know what you mean "if you trusted the guy comment?". I must remind you that this thread is about Imran Khan not 1971, stop trying to make it in to that. Mujeeb, Bhutto and the rest are all history hence I suggest you fast forward to 2024. I have hammered you repeatedly exposing your Imran Khan good and proper for what he is. The opinions I have are from proper intellectuals and psychologists who know much more about the subject then you do. You have been unable to answer the many question I and these men have asked!

Calling a rude person that is in your opinion pitying shows your lack of class as a person. I am not the first or last person to say this about your narcissist leader. . You will insist that we should sit back and accept Indian bullying like your Lord, role model and master.

I don't really know what you mean "if you trusted the guy comment?". I must remind you that this thread is about Imran Khan not 1971, stop trying to make it in to that. Mujeeb, Bhutto and the rest are all history hence I suggest you fast forward to 2024. I have hammered you repeatedly exposing your Imran Khan good and proper for what he is. The opinions I have are from proper intellectuals and psychologists who know much more about the subject then you do. You have been unable to answer the many question I and these men have asked!

Calling a rude person that is in your opinion pitying shows your lack of class as a person. I am not the first or last person to say this about your narcissist leader. . You will insist that we should sit back and accept Indian bullying like your Lord, role model and master.
You guys have stolen and destroyed. You have stolen our country- every single institution from the SC to whatever you care to name has been destroyed by the criminal establishment that want to act as God. Because you have destroyed every institution you have then looted with your puppets with both hands and destroyed the future of 250mn

You have exposed your ignorance on everything you have spoken on. Let me list them as reminder.
-You claimed Bajwa overthrow IK over Kashmir. Total rubbish
-You claimed you didn't know about Inds murdering people in PK- blatant lie exposed at the time and I posted a link

-You claimed you didn't know what the cypher was- blatant lie

-You claimed you didn't IK won the elections with a 2/3rd majority- blatant lie

-You claimed IK was responsible for the 9th May- blatant lie exposed in LHC last week And exposed

Imran warns KP ministers of accountability

Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaaf founder and former prime minister Imran Khan has sent a stern message from his jail cell to members of his party’s government in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa that they would be held accountable for corruption and governance issues in their departments.

“I, along with PTI general secretary Omar Ayub Khan, former National Assembly speaker Asad Qaiser and other leaders, met the PTI founder in Rawalpindi’s Adiala Jail on Thursday to discuss our government’s performance and governance issues in the province,” provincial communication and works minister Shakeel Ahmad told a presser on Friday

“He had information that all is not well in some departments, so he asked us to deliver a clear-cut message to cabinet members, administrative secretaries and other government officials that they will be held responsible for any corruption, commission and irregularities in their departments.”

Accompanied by provincial government spokesman Barrister Mohammad Ali Saif, Mr Ahmad said the PTI government in the province had zero tolerance towards corruption.

He said that there were some complaints about administrative and other issues in his department, prompting Chief Minister Ali Amin Khan Gandapur to remove its secretary on Thursday evening. The minister also said that he was not “comfortable with the axed secretary.”

He said that the people should come forward if they had evidence of corruption or governance issues in any government department in the province.

“We will submit a monthly report to the PTI founder regarding the performance of government departments in the province. Also, he will hold weekly meetings with all cabinet members of the province and place public complaints about their departments before them for response,” he said.

To a question, the communication and works minister said that the impression that the PTI founder had no trust in the province’s chief minister was false.

He said that Chief Minister Gandapur was the leader of the house in the provincial assembly, enjoyed the complete support of the party’s founder, and regularly met Imran Khan in jail to update him about his government’s policies and actions and seek guidance.

To another question, Mr Ahmad said that currently, “parallel governments” were functioning in the province.

“There is an elected government led by Chief Minister Ali Amin Gandapur, while the other government is run by unelected and non-political people,” he insisted.

He, however, didn’t elaborate on his assertion.

The communication minister also criticised Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif’s government over the “denial of rights” to the province and insisted that it had been four months since the PTI formed the provincial government but the centre continued to refuse the posting of a chief secretary of the PTI government’s choice to the province.

He said that it was one of the basic issues facing the PTI-led government in the province.

On the occasion, Barrister Saif said that Communication and Works Minister Ahmad had highlighted the PTI founder’s directions and provincial government’s stand against corruption. He disclosed that all ministers would meet Imran one by one and ensure early resolution of people’s complaints.

“There won’t be any compromise on our commitment to eliminating corruption and administrative and financial irregularities from the province,” he said.

DAWN

Imran Khan to apply for Oxford University role from prison​

Former Pakistani prime minister, Imran Khan, will reportedly run for chancellor of Oxford University from his prison cell in Pakistan.

The controversial politician and cricket star will attempt to enter despite serving a ten-year jail sentence.

The seat of chancellor of Oxford University is vacant following the resignation of 80-year-old Lord Patten, the former governor of Hong Kong and Tory Party chairman, who held the post for 21 years.

According to Oxford University, the role of chancellor is the ceremonial head of the university, who is “usually an eminent public figure elected for life” and “presides over all major ceremonies”.

The process of electing a new chancellor by members of the University's convocation - which is about 350,000 people - will be held online for the first time.

Imran Khan yet to apply for Oxford University chancellor seat

Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf (PTI) supremo Imran Khan has not yet applied to contest for the position of chancellor at Oxford University but his advisor Zulfi Bukhari has said that Khan has approved the contest plan.

Sayed Zulfi Bukhari, Imran Khan’s advisor on International Affairs, told Geo News that the PTI founder has confirmed that he will stand to contest for the position of chancellor at Oxford University, a nominal position, but there are several issues involved including the accessibility issue due to the fact that he is in Adiala Jail and serving a jail term.

A spokesman at the University of Oxford’s Vice-Chancellor’s office confirmed Khan has not yet applied but several other candidates have put in their papers. The office said in a statement: “Candidates for the election of the Chancellor will be made public in early October.”

If Khan wins the contest then it will mark a new chapter in Oxford’s history as only last month Oxford University student from Balochistan Israr Kakar won the Oxford Union Presidency, making history as the third Pakistani and the first person from Balochistan to achieve this honour. The application deadline is August 18, the University confirmed.

Bukhari said that he has instructed the lawyers to start the paperwork to apply for the seat at Oxford University which has become vacant following the resignation of 80-year-old Lord Patten, who stepped down after 21 years in the role.

Former prime ministers Sir Tony Blair and Boris Johnson are also among the candidates to become the university’s chancellor.

Khan studied Economics and Politics at Keble College, Oxford in 1972, and also captained the university's cricket team. He debuted for Pakistan's Test cricket team in 1971 and served as the chancellor of Bradford University from 2005 to 2014.

Oxford University describes the chancellor's role as a ceremonial head, typically an eminent public figure elected for life, presiding over all major ceremonies. The election process for the new chancellor will be conducted online for the first time in the University’s history.

This will be the first time the chancellor elections will be held online, instead of the traditional process requiring graduates to attend in full academic dress. The position typically goes to university graduates, often politicians. The electorate consists of approximately 250,000 eligible voters.

Khan faces competition from former prime ministers Sir Tony Blair and Boris Johnson, making the competition tough.

Those eligible to vote in the Chancellor’s election will be limited only to members of Convocation, comprising: graduates of Oxford who have had their degree conferred; members of congregation; and retired members of staff who were members of Congregation on their date of retirement.

The University is seeking candidates who can demonstrate: outstanding achievements in their field and the ability to command respect beyond it; a deep appreciation for the University’s research and academic mission, its global community, and its ambition to remain a world-class research and teaching university; and the ability and willingness to enhance the reputation of the University locally, nationally and abroad.

Israr Kakar, the Oxford Union President, told Geo News: "This is a great opportunity for prominent Pakistani alumni to engage with the University and bring Pakistan into the spotlight. While the competition will be tough, it would be a great honour for Pakistan to have such representation."

From respect the vote to honour the boot is the biggest U-turn: Imran Khan slams rivals​

The founder of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) and former Prime Minister Imran Khan has asserted that those who once championed the slogan "respect the vote" have now chosen to "honour the boot," marking what he calls the "biggest U-turn" in Pakistan's political landscape.

While addressing journalists informally from Adiala Jail,, Khan emphasised his willingness to engage in dialogue, stating, "I will negotiate within the constitutional framework, but first, our mandate must be returned. What dialogue can I have with a government that would collapse with the opening of just four constituencies? My negotiations will be with those who hold actual power."

The former premier underscored this point by reiterating his stance, "The real U-turn is by those who shouted 'respect the vote' and ended up respecting 'the boot.'"

He revealed that he had tasked Mahmood Khan Achakzai with engaging other political parties, explaining, "Mahmood Khan Achakzai will handle discussions with political entities."

The PTI chief also commented on the criticism he faces over the call for protests in front of the General Headquarters (GHQ).

He questioned, "Where in the constitution does it say that protesting in front of GHQ is prohibited? There is an undeclared martial law in the country. The army owes me an apology for the injustices I've faced, as I was kidnapped by the Rangers."

On the matter of the Toshakhana references, Khan accused the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) of violating its own laws, stating, "NAB filed two references against me regarding the Toshakhana, claiming undervaluation of a necklace in both cases. Inam Shah, the same approver, is used in both references. Once acquitted, I plan to file cases against Chairman NAB Mohsin Naqvi, the investigating officers, and those who provided false testimony."

He further added that NAB was unaware that the necklace in question was with him, stating, "Before the March 18 raid at Bani Gala, all valuable items were moved to a secure location. I inadvertently revealed that we had the necklace, leading NAB to hastily sentence me."

Khan concluded his statements by recounting his experience in jail, saying, "I've suffered food poisoning twice because there's no fridge, and the food spoils."

Imran warns KP ministers of accountability

Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaaf founder and former prime minister Imran Khan has sent a stern message from his jail cell to members of his party’s government in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa that they would be held accountable for corruption and governance issues in their departments.

“I, along with PTI general secretary Omar Ayub Khan, former National Assembly speaker Asad Qaiser and other leaders, met the PTI founder in Rawalpindi’s Adiala Jail on Thursday to discuss our government’s performance and governance issues in the province,” provincial communication and works minister Shakeel Ahmad told a presser on Friday

“He had information that all is not well in some departments, so he asked us to deliver a clear-cut message to cabinet members, administrative secretaries and other government officials that they will be held responsible for any corruption, commission and irregularities in their departments.”

Accompanied by provincial government spokesman Barrister Mohammad Ali Saif, Mr Ahmad said the PTI government in the province had zero tolerance towards corruption.

He said that there were some complaints about administrative and other issues in his department, prompting Chief Minister Ali Amin Khan Gandapur to remove its secretary on Thursday evening. The minister also said that he was not “comfortable with the axed secretary.”

He said that the people should come forward if they had evidence of corruption or governance issues in any government department in the province.

“We will submit a monthly report to the PTI founder regarding the performance of government departments in the province. Also, he will hold weekly meetings with all cabinet members of the province and place public complaints about their departments before them for response,” he said.

To a question, the communication and works minister said that the impression that the PTI founder had no trust in the province’s chief minister was false.

He said that Chief Minister Gandapur was the leader of the house in the provincial assembly, enjoyed the complete support of the party’s founder, and regularly met Imran Khan in jail to update him about his government’s policies and actions and seek guidance.

To another question, Mr Ahmad said that currently, “parallel governments” were functioning in the province.

“There is an elected government led by Chief Minister Ali Amin Gandapur, while the other government is run by unelected and non-political people,” he insisted.

He, however, didn’t elaborate on his assertion.

The communication minister also criticised Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif’s government over the “denial of rights” to the province and insisted that it had been four months since the PTI formed the provincial government but the centre continued to refuse the posting of a chief secretary of the PTI government’s choice to the province.

He said that it was one of the basic issues facing the PTI-led government in the province.

On the occasion, Barrister Saif said that Communication and Works Minister Ahmad had highlighted the PTI founder’s directions and provincial government’s stand against corruption. He disclosed that all ministers would meet Imran one by one and ensure early resolution of people’s complaints.

“There won’t be any compromise on our commitment to eliminating corruption and administrative and financial irregularities from the province,” he said.

DAWN

Imran Khan forms committee to review corruption allegations in K-P​

The move comes after provincial minister Shakeel Khan raised concerns about corruption in the province.

The committee comprises former Governor Shah Farman, Qazi Anwar, and Anti-Corruption Advisor Musaddiq Abbasi.

Their mandate is to thoroughly examine the operations of the K-P government and provide a detailed report to Imran Khan.

Confirming the formation of the committee, Shah Farman stated, "The three-member committee has been established under the guidance of our founder, and we will strictly adhere to the directives issued by him."

This development follows a meeting between Minister Shakeel Khan and Imran Khan, during which the minister expressed concerns over corruption within various provincial departments.

The committee's formation signifies Imran Khan's commitment to addressing these issues and ensuring transparency in governmental affairs.

The new committee aims to investigate the claims and report their findings back to the PTI leader, underscoring the party's focus on rooting out corruption in the region.

Imran Khan forms committee to review corruption allegations in K-P​

The move comes after provincial minister Shakeel Khan raised concerns about corruption in the province.

The committee comprises former Governor Shah Farman, Qazi Anwar, and Anti-Corruption Advisor Musaddiq Abbasi.

Their mandate is to thoroughly examine the operations of the K-P government and provide a detailed report to Imran Khan.

Confirming the formation of the committee, Shah Farman stated, "The three-member committee has been established under the guidance of our founder, and we will strictly adhere to the directives issued by him."

This development follows a meeting between Minister Shakeel Khan and Imran Khan, during which the minister expressed concerns over corruption within various provincial departments.

The committee's formation signifies Imran Khan's commitment to addressing these issues and ensuring transparency in governmental affairs.

The new committee aims to investigate the claims and report their findings back to the PTI leader, underscoring the party's focus on rooting out corruption in the region.

Lock up any corrupt in the PTI. We didn't get a 2/3 majority so that we too can loot a poor country.

Even after a year in jail, Imran Khan still dominates Pakistan's politics​

Pakistan’s former Prime Minister Imran Khan has now been behind bars for a year – although there are times you would barely know it.

Mr Khan is still the dominant force of Pakistan’s opposition politics; his name still in the papers and the courts. His social media supporters have been unrelenting.

With no public appearances, the few people allowed in to see the former cricket star regularly – his lawyers and family – have become his conduit for messages to the outside world. They are keen to push the message that his 365 days behind bars have left him unbowed.

“There is still a swagger about him,” Aleema Khanum, Imran Khan’s sister, says. “He’s got no needs, no wants - only a cause.”

According to those who visit him, Mr Khan spends his days on his exercise bike, reading and reflecting. He has an hour a day to walk around the courtyard. There have been occasional disagreements about how quickly the family can provide him with new books.

“He has said ‘I’m not wasting a minute of my time in jail, it’s an opportunity for me to get more knowledge’,” Ms Khanum tells the BBC.

But the fact is Mr Khan and his wife Bushra Bibi are still trapped in prison, with no sign they will be released any time soon.

According to some, this is not a surprise.

“There was no expectation that Mr Khan was going to do anything that would make it easy for him to get out of jail,” says Michael Kugelman, director of the South Asia Institute at the Wilson Centre think tank in Washington.

And the military - Pakistan’s powerful behind-the-scenes player - “don’t ease up when they decide there’s a political figure that they want to lock up”, says Mr Kugelman. “That has especially been the case with Khan.”

Indeed, the military has been key to many of the ups and downs of Mr Khan’s life in the last decade. Many analysts believe it was his initial close relationship with the military establishment which helped him win power.

But by 9 May last year, that was in tatters. Mr Khan - who had been ousted from power in a vote of no confidence in 2022 - had been arrested, and his supporters came out to protest.

Some of those protests turned violent, and there were attacks on military buildings - including the official residence of the most senior army official in Lahore which was looted and set alight.

In the aftermath, BBC sources said Pakistan’s media companies had been told to stop showing his picture, saying his name or playing his voice.

Mr Khan was released - but ultimately only for a few months.

He was jailed again on 5 August for failing to correctly declare the sale of state gifts - and that was just the start.

In the run-up to the election, the cases against him mounted; by the start of February - just days before the vote - the 71-year-old had acquired three long prison sentences, the last for 14 years.

By the election, many of the candidates standing for Mr Khan's PTI party were also in prison or in hiding, the party stripped of its well-recognised symbol of a cricket bat - a vital identifier in a country with a 58% literacy rate.

Despite this, “we were determined and wanted to make a statement”, Salman Akram Raja, Mr Khan’s lawyer and a candidate in the election, says.

“It was very constrained, many couldn’t campaign at all. The loss of the cricket bat symbol was the body blow.”

All candidates stood as independents, but hopes - even within the party - weren’t high.

Defence ministry denies military interference in meetings with Imran Khan at Adiala Jail​

The federal government has informed the Islamabad High Court (IHC) that the Ministry of Defence has strongly denied allegations of military interference in allowing visitors to meet the PTI founder, Imran Khan, at Adiala Jail.

IHC Chief Justice Aamer Farooq has directed that the Defence Ministry's letter be made part of the court record.

Chief Justice Farooq presided over the hearing regarding the PTI founder's request for unobstructed meetings with his lawyers. The petition sought to prevent alleged interference by military officers, specifically majors and colonels, in the visitation process at Adiala Jail.

"This case concerns military interference at Adiala Jail," stated advocate Shoaib Shaheen.

Chief Justice Farooq inquired if the Defence Ministry's report had been received. The Deputy Attorney General responded that the ministry has termed the PTI founder's allegation as baseless.

Advocate Shaheen noted that a copy of the Defence Ministry's letter had not been included in the court record.

The court remarked, "If there is nothing sensitive in it, the Defence Ministry's response should be shown to the court and made part of the record. They must have sent a written reply to your letter, right?"

The High Court adjourned the hearing of the case.

PTI founder presents conditions to apologise over May 9 events

Speaking to media representatives at Adiala Jail, Imran Khan said that the footage will help identify the culprits, who he said should be brought to justice.

“If the culprits are found to be affiliated with the PTI, I will not only expel them from the party but also apologise,” he added.

The PTI founder said that his party is the ‘victim’ of the May 9 incidents, questioning as to why the evidence is being hidden.

“Hiding evidence is a crime,” Imran Khan said.

The PTI founder said that he was ‘kidnapped’ on the pretext of an arrest, demanding that an apology should be sought from him over his ‘abduction’.

The PTI founder said that peaceful protest is their right while reiterating his demand that the CCTV footage be released to identify the true culprits.

‘Ready to talk with army for the sake of country’

Imran Khan said that if he was afraid of the May 9 incidents, he would not have demanded a judicial commission to probe into the riots.

The PTI founder also once again expressed willingness to hold talks with the army and said, “The army is a national institution, and its protection is everyone’s responsibility. We do not want chaos; I am ready to talk with the army for the sake of the country.”

“We used petrol bombs in Zaman park’

To a query, Imran Khan said that PTI did not use petrol bombs on May 9; however, he admitted that petrol bombs were used in Zaman Park by the party supporters.

“We used petrol bombs in Zaman Park, Lahore, and nowhere else. If our organisational official is found involved in throwing petrol bombs at buildings of the institution, he should be punished severely,” the PTI founder added.

Earlier on August 3, Imran Khan said that he is ready to hold talks but only within the constitutional limits.

“I will hold talks while staying within the Constitution,” the PTI founder said while speaking to reporters inside the Adia jail.

“We are ready to hold talks with the military. The army should nominate their representative for negotiations,” Khan had said.

Continuing on the prospects of negotiations, the former prime minister reiterated the party’s longtime demand for their allegedly stolen mandate to be returned.

Responding to a question Mahmood Khan Achakzai has allegedly refused to talk with the army, Khan said: “Achakzai will only [hold] talk with political parties.”

Speaking to media representatives at Adiala Jail, Imran Khan said that the footage will help identify the culprits, who he said should be brought to justice.

“If the culprits are found to be affiliated with the PTI, I will not only expel them from the party but also apologise,” he added.

The PTI founder said that his party is the ‘victim’ of the May 9 incidents, questioning as to why the evidence is being hidden.

The PTI founder said that he was ‘kidnapped’ on the pretext of an arrest, demanding that an apology should be sought from him over his ‘abduction’.

The PTI founder said that peaceful protest is their right while reiterating his demand that the CCTV footage be released to identify the true culprits.

Imran Khan said that if he was afraid of the May 9 incidents, he would not have demanded a judicial commission to probe into the riots.

The PTI founder also once again expressed willingness to hold talks with the army and said, “The army is a national institution, and its protection is everyone’s responsibility. We do not want chaos; I am ready to talk with the army for the sake of the country.”

To a query, Imran Khan said that PTI did not use petrol bombs on May 9; however, he admitted that petrol bombs were used in Zaman Park by the party supporters.

“We used petrol bombs in Zaman Park, Lahore, and nowhere else. If our organisational official is found involved in throwing petrol bombs at buildings of the institution, he should be punished severely,” the PTI founder added.

Earlier on August 3, Imran Khan said that he is ready to hold talks but only within the constitutional limits.

“I will hold talks while staying within the Constitution,” the PTI founder said while speaking to reporters inside the Adia jail.

“We are ready to hold talks with the military. The army should nominate their representative for negotiations,” Khan had said.

Continuing on the prospects of negotiations, the former prime minister reiterated the party’s longtime demand for their allegedly stolen mandate to be returned.

Responding to a question Mahmood Khan Achakzai has allegedly refused to talk with the army, Khan said: “Achakzai will only [hold] talk with political parties.”

This is definitely building up to something. For a convicted prisoner, they're letting him hold a lot of press conferences and talk pretty openly.

There's some kind of deal in the works. He promises to semi-apologise for May 9 and be a good boy for a while. They'll give him a bunch of seats he's been denied and if he's willing to be a good boy and sit in opposition for a while and stop talking too much about their control on things, they'll offer him early elections after the new IMF deal money starts coming in...maybe early next year.

How much of this will be fake. IK isn't apologising because he has nothing to apologise for. The Junta has failed to answer the most basic question- where is the CCTV

This is definitely building up to something. For a convicted prisoner, they're letting him hold a lot of press conferences and talk pretty openly.

There's some kind of deal in the works. He promises to semi-apologise for May 9 and be a good boy for a while. They'll give him a bunch of seats he's been denied and if he's willing to be a good boy and sit in opposition for a while and stop talking too much about their control on things, they'll offer him early elections after the new IMF deal money starts coming in...maybe early next year.
No there isn't. IK and PK has won. There are no cases, all the cards- corruption, traitor, immoral and terrorist have been played but last all of 5 min in front of even Judges like Amir Farooq. They will frame other cases and all they do is to hope that IK would cave in.

Back