Asad Umar - Imran Khan's successor in PTI?

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
This is the news:

PTI leader Asad Umar leaves party positions

Senior PTI leader Asad Umar has announced that he is leaving his party positions with immediate effect.

He said that after the events of May 9 it was not possible for him to keep the leadership positions within the PTI. “Therefore, I am withdrawing as secretary general of the party as well as membership of the party’s core committee.”

==

But knowing him well via different ways and based on his comments today, I can assure you that he is a PTI man to the core.

He may have resigned from the leadership but he remains committed to the party so is it possible that he could comeback and take over the reins of the PTI?

This is the news:

PTI leader Asad Umar leaves party positions

Senior PTI leader Asad Umar has announced that he is leaving his party positions with immediate effect.

He said that after the events of May 9 it was not possible for him to keep the leadership positions within the PTI. “Therefore, I am withdrawing as secretary general of the party as well as membership of the party’s core committee.”

==

But knowing him well via different ways and based on his comments today, I can assure you that he is a PTI man to the core.

He may have resigned from the leadership but he remains committed to the party so is it possible that he could comeback and take over the reins of the PTI?

I fear he and SMQ have reached a deal with the establishment to take over the party once IK is out of the picture via arrest, disqualification and removal from planet earth and they have been promised no harassments and permission to do regular politics.

Knowing Asad, I feel he is too good a person to be involved in Pakistan politics but his dedication to the cause was plain to see in his presser.

PTI will do well to listen to him to fashion their next strategy.

Has he quit the party or not?

Succesor would be Murad Saeed

Knowing Asad, I feel he is too good a person to be involved in Pakistan politics but his dedication to the cause was plain to see in his presser.

PTI will do well to listen to him to fashion their next strategy.

I don't understand why would he step down from the leadership position in the party but not quit the PTI? To me it is an indirect jibe and vote of no confidence against IK.

Has he quit the party or not?

Succesor would be Murad Saeed

You are talking now.

I am talking about in the future, given his belief in the PTI cause.

==

All this destruction was not wrought because of one man: Asad Umar

PTI leader Asad Umar has denied that party chairman Imran Khan was to blame for any “destruction” in the last few months.

“I have told you what destruction was wrought because of what happened in the last 13 months. In my opinion, was all this destruction wrought because of one man? no, I don’t think so.”

==

Nation will decide if Imran’s decisions were wrong: Asad Umar

“We know the decisions he (Imran Khan) took … he became prime minister and Pakistan’s most popular leader because of them.

“If he now took wrong decisions, who will determine if he took wrong or right decisions? not me [but] the nation.

“If the nation thinks he took wrong decisions then you will see it.”

==

May 9 not just condemnable but also a moment of reflection: Asad Umar

“Scenes witnessed on May 9 are not just condemnable but also and moment of reflection. [It needs to be thought about] that why such a situation arose.

“And the message sent outside the country was also concerning.”

Last edited:
I don't understand why would he step down from the leadership position in the party but not quit the PTI? To me it is an indirect jibe and vote of no confidence against IK.

He said that he could not present analysis if he was the Gen Sec, so steps down and will make comments etc later.

Many says PTI is finished, but I am sure they will get even stronger as the people are watching what is happening. Looking forward to the election, jabb bhi hue :)

As long as they can't do anything with the votebank, PTI would still be strong.

I have heard the plan is to neutralise and disqualified Khan.

SMQ Ch Elahi and Asad Umar will take care of the PTI and fight under a banner of Khanism but in a manner palatable to the establishment.

Many says PTI is finished, but I am sure they will get even stronger as the people are watching what is happening. Looking forward to the election, jabb bhi hue :)

As long as they can't do anything with the votebank, PTI would still be strong.

People will forget in a few days and things will be back to normal

What if the core of these left overs contest elections as independent amd then join PTI or form a coalition then what will hath-rakhy do until or unless there is rigging which is likely

This guy talking so much sense!

Good to hear anyone other than IK saying these things.

==

‘PDM a political reality whose politics has been wrecked in past 13 months,’ says Asad Umar

“The fourth big stakeholder is the PDM (Pakistan Democratic Movement).

“They are our political rivals but also a political reality.

“In my opinion, if elections are held today, the PTI will form the government in Punjab, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and the Centre. And the PDM will form the government in Sindh and Balochistan. Moreover, they will emerge as a strong opposition in the Centre.

“But the politics of this political reality has been wrecked in the past 13 months. They have weakened, and when political parties weaken, not just democracy but the country also weakens.”

This guy talking so much sense!

Good to hear anyone other than IK saying these things.

==

‘PDM a political reality whose politics has been wrecked in past 13 months,’ says Asad Umar

“The fourth big stakeholder is the PDM (Pakistan Democratic Movement).

“They are our political rivals but also a political reality.

“In my opinion, if elections are held today, the PTI will form the government in Punjab, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and the Centre. And the PDM will form the government in Sindh and Balochistan. Moreover, they will emerge as a strong opposition in the Centre.

“But the politics of this political reality has been wrecked in the past 13 months. They have weakened, and when political parties weaken, not just democracy but the country also weakens.”

The softnote for PDM is smelling something else I hope Asad doesn't do something silly either you are in or out no need for chaplosi

Imran is the new Altaf Hussein of PTI. Most likely, Imran will be disqualified and one of Asad Umar or Shah Mahmood will take over.

Hello. It's the deal that's been made.
You think it's coincidence that everybody on release from prison is coming to the press club to distance themselves from IK ( in different forms of course)

I have heard the plan is to neutralise and disqualified Khan.

SMQ Ch Elahi and Asad Umar will take care of the PTI and fight under a banner of Khanism but in a manner palatable to the establishment.

Yes. That is the plan. Asad and SMQ were given a choice of leaving IK and then becoming PM or cabinet members of the new upcoming government and it seems like Asad has accepted it. SMQ is still holding up.

Govt should solve economic crisis instead of ‘keeping innocent people detained’, says Asad Umar

PTI leader Asad Umar has said the government should “spend its time” on taking the country out of the economic crisis that it is in instead of spending it on “keeping innocent people detained”.

In a tweet, he said, “Thanks to the tireless hard work of our lawyers, the release of thousands of workers was made possible. However, innocent people in huge numbers are still detained.

“Instead of working hard to keep these innocent people detained, the government should spend its time taking the people out of the extreme economic hardship,” he added.

So now mentioned in the Al Qadir case - things could get nasty for him - Let's see.

PTI leader Asad Umar on Monday denied having any contact with Jahangir Khan Tareen, who used to be a close aide of PTI chief Imran Khan before heading a group of dissidents in the party.

The PTI leader, who had quit his party positions on May 24 but had not resigned from the party altogether, made the remarks outside an Islamabad court where he appeared in a case pertaining to violent protests in the country on May 9.

Umar’s remarks come amid reports of the Tareen group — which had emerged as a faction in the PTI comprising the party’s dissident parliamentarians — stepping up efforts to poach as many PTI defectors as it can to swell its ranks ahead of general elections.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1758085/asad-umar-denies-having-any-contact-with-jahangir-tareen

This man has been the biggest dissapointment in this entire saga. He is a complete darpok, buzdil and has shown he does not have the spine, cajones for Pakistan's political arena. His statements since being released from prison are of confusion, lack of direction and cowardice i.e. the awaam will decide if Imran Khan's decisions were good or not, I am stepping down from the party leadership but will not quit the PTI, PTI has no chance in Sindh, Balochistan and in the Centre will face a tough opposition from PDM, I have not been in touch with Jahangir Tareen but have been in touch with Fawad Chaudhry here and there.

If i were Imran Khan, i would issue a letter specifying Asad Umar's dismissal from the party. It appears Faisal Vawda's claims about Asad Umar are correct i.e. the guy is a snake, an opportunist and was back stabbing IK against the establishment and during the VONC was even lobby with the establishment to make him the prime minister instead.

Time to get rid of all these snakes in the PTI.

Imran Khan and Asad Umar came face to face at the Islamabad High Court. Apart from exchanging pleasantaries, IK gave Asad Umar complete ignorance and made it clear that he and PTI had nothing more to do with PTI anymore.

This man has been the biggest dissapointment in this entire saga. He is a complete darpok, buzdil and has shown he does not have the spine, cajones for Pakistan's political arena. His statements since being released from prison are of confusion, lack of direction and cowardice i.e. the awaam will decide if Imran Khan's decisions were good or not, I am stepping down from the party leadership but will not quit the PTI, PTI has no chance in Sindh, Balochistan and in the Centre will face a tough opposition from PDM, I have not been in touch with Jahangir Tareen but have been in touch with Fawad Chaudhry here and there.

If i were Imran Khan, i would issue a letter specifying Asad Umar's dismissal from the party. It appears Faisal Vawda's claims about Asad Umar are correct i.e. the guy is a snake, an opportunist and was back stabbing IK against the establishment and during the VONC was even lobby with the establishment to make him the prime minister instead.

Time to get rid of all these snakes in the PTI.

Murad Saeed, The guy from MArda, and shehyara Afridi have shown more guts, Hope Khan sb now knows that most peopel in KP except few have not dissappointed him . Long live Patahns .

Imran Khan and Asad Umar came face to face at the Islamabad High Court. Apart from exchanging pleasantaries, IK gave Asad Umar complete ignorance and made it clear that he and PTI had nothing more to do with PTI anymore.

Love it, well done. The gusy ahs xero vote bank, Murad Saeed can almsot win hsi own seat but what can Asad do? ca not grab 1k votes.

Always found him to be overhyped by his supporters. He was brought in as some sort of visionary economist but had nothing to show about during his first tenure as a minister. Then he was shuffled onto some other post. All that I have heard from him in 10 years is, I left a job of 60 lac or something salary per month to join pti.

Always found him to be overhyped by his supporters. He was brought in as some sort of visionary economist but had nothing to show about during his first tenure as a minister. Then he was shuffled onto some other post. All that I have heard from him in 10 years is, I left a job of 60 lac or something salary per month to join pti.

he is an over rated guy. There are rumors that he was forced to resign from Engro. They talk about how he was found guilty by the competition commission of Pakistan for raising prices of wheat. Dont know if it was that reason, but they say taht this guy ruined ENgro and failed as a CEO and was forcibly removed.

So this Pakistani Aristotle is just another liar

AU needs to join the JT group and leave the PTI. IK is the PTI and IA Muraad will be his successor. No matter what they do IK has around 70-80% of the public behind him. We don't want SMQ or anyone else. If those guys feel IK is on he wrong path, they need to go their own way. No doubt they have been threatened and blackmailed but you know who else got threatened and blackmailed- IK. So far he hasn't flinched and IA he wont

he is an over rated guy. There are rumors that he was forced to resign from Engro. They talk about how he was found guilty by the competition commission of Pakistan for raising prices of wheat. Dont know if it was that reason, but they say taht this guy ruined ENgro and failed as a CEO and was forcibly removed.

So this Pakistani Aristotle is just another liar

Strange why Engro would reward him with Rs 300 million as a retirement package

PTI leader Asad Umar on Tuesday secured pre-arrest bail from a special court in Islamabad — established a day earlier to hear the cases filed under the Official Secrets Act — seeking pre-arrest bail in the ongoing cipher case.

The bail was approved with surety bonds of Rs100,000.

Talking to reporters outside the court, he also refuted media reports regarding his arrest by the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA).

AU needs to join the JT group and leave the PTI. IK is the PTI and IA Muraad will be his successor. No matter what they do IK has around 70-80% of the public behind him. We don't want SMQ or anyone else. If those guys feel IK is on he wrong path, they need to go their own way. No doubt they have been threatened and blackmailed but you know who else got threatened and blackmailed- IK. So far he hasn't flinched and IA he wont

70-80% of the public behind him hasn't stopped him from being stripped from power and locked in a jail cell with no end in sight.

Maybe he should aim for a higher figure like having 500% of the public behind him to have any hope.

70-80% of the public behind him hasn't stopped him from being stripped from power and locked in a jail cell with no end in sight.

Maybe he should aim for a higher figure like having 500% of the public behind him to have any hope.
Britain ruled Ind with 50,000 troops. What is your point

My point is your posts saying he has some double digit percent of support and that stands for something is either a myth or useless or both.

My point is your posts saying he has some double digit percent of support and that stands for something is either a myth or useless or both.
My question to you is relevant. Not everyone is tipu Sultan, not everyone is IK, most people are cowed easily and understandably so.

Because they had the backing of 100s of 1000s of locals as police,army, bureaucracy etc etc.

Not to forget those were different times.

Remember that the event that forced the British to leave the subcontinent was the Naval mutiny.

My question to you is relevant. Not everyone is tipu Sultan, not everyone is IK, most people are cowed easily and understandably so.

There is a famous Chinese phrase that goes: "With quantity comes its own quality".

That's why Imran Khan needs 500% support, even if they are of people who are cowed easily. 70-80% won't do, not that anybody is having any election to corroborate these figures anyway.

There is a famous Chinese phrase that goes: "With quantity comes its own quality".

That's why Imran Khan needs 500% support, even if they are of people who are cowed easily. 70-80% won't do, not that anybody is having any election to corroborate these figures anyway.
Are you claiming that the Hindus that got conquered by the Moghuls were cowards?

Because they had the backing of 100s of 1000s of locals as police,army, bureaucracy etc etc.

Not to forget those were different times.

Remember that the event that forced the British to leave the subcontinent was the Naval mutiny.
Exactly. You dont need that many people to become collaborators to suppress people

Exactly. You dont need that many people to become collaborators to suppress people

But where is the active fight?

Remember, leaders of the subcontinent only demanded complete independence in 1930. Before that they were mostly happy with a good rule.

Not in Iran or Sri Lanka or Bangladesh or Turkey or even Myanmar recently for a short while.
They don't have any army that is fighting machine like ours. And for everyone one of those, I can name 10 that are run by Juntas

Back