Asma Jahangir & her husband’s Hala Spinning Mill got Rs50 million Loan written off

Khaleefa

Local Club Captain
Runs
ISLAMABAD - The State Bank of Pakistan had informed the Supreme Court that Rs256 billion were waived off between 1971 and 2009, but the Justice (Retd) Syed Jamshed Ali Commission report says that Rs87 billion were written off in 38 years.

The Commission’s report says that loans worth Rs 2.38 billon were waived off between 1971 and 1991 whereas loans worth Rs 84.62 billion were waived off between 1992 and 2009.

The Commission has recommended that action should be taken against former Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani and his wife Fozia Gilani, former president Supreme Court Bar Association Asma Jahangir and her husband Mian Tahir Jahangir, Riaz Lal Jee, friend of President Asif Ali Zardari, Ghulam Dastagir Khan, Islam-ud-Din Sheikh, Younas Habib, Jam Muhammad, Arif Habib, Ramesh Kumar, Chaitan Das, Khawaja Ghulam Ahmed Rashi, Abdul Ghufar Adam Jee, Zafar Sheikh and Farooq Sheikh, Rana Tanvir Hussain, Jam Muhammad Yousaf, Sardar Muhammad Jafar Khan Leghari, Umer Leghari, Yousaf Khan Leghari, Waqar Azeem, Sajjad Azeem, Shaukat Azeem, Abdul Qadir Tawakal, Mirza Iftikhar Baig, Arif Ali Khan Abbasi, Major General Farhat Ali Burki, Khawaja Muhammad Mehboob, Khawaja Ghulam Sulemani and others.

The commission also has given the details of the industries’ directors who waived off the loans. According to that Abbas Steel Industry of Riaz Lal Jee, close friend of President Asif Ali Zardari, Rs224.1 million, Riaz Lal Jee another company Orient Rice Mills got Rs261.8 million write off. Against Lal Jee’s Petro-Commodities Company there is Rs218million. Riaz Lal Jee’s Razik Engineering company got Rs11 million written off.
Ghulam Qadir’s Khalil Jute Mills got Rs405.6 million waived off. The commission has recommended to recover Rs49.5 million from Islam-ud-Din’s Kiran Enterprises. Younis Habib’s Company had to pay Rs2.47 billion. He had entered into an agreement with National Accountability Bureau to pay back the amount at the end of 2014.

Former Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani and his wife got written of Rs45million. Jam Muhammad Yousaf’s Bela Ghee Mills’ got Rs.82.2 millions, while Asma Jahangir, former President Supreme Court Bar Association, and her husband’s Hala Spinning Mill got Rs50 million written off. Famous Broker Arib Habib’s Jet Air Textile Mills got Rs415.7 million, Ramesh Kumhar and Chetan Das’s Pak Absar Ban Industries got Rs44.1 million loan written off. Khawaja Ghulam Ahmed’s Rishi Textile Mill got Rs859.1 million. Abdul Ghafar Adam Jee and Akbar Adam Jee’s Adam Jee Garments waived off Rs239 million, Zafar Sheikh and Farooq Sheikh’s Adam Jee Industries owes Rs448.8 million. Rana Tanvir Hussain’s Batala Ghee Mill got Rs140 million, while Jam Muhammad Yousaf’s Bela Ghee Mills Rs48.6 million. The Commission has recommended that action should also be taken against the bank officials.

Sardar Muhammad Jafar Khan Leghari, Umer Leghari, Yousaf Khan Leghari’s Choti Textile Mills got written off Rs304.6 million, Waqqar Azeem, Sajjad Azeem and Shaukat Azeem’s Electro Information and Energy System got Rs62.7 million, Abdul Qadir Tawakal’s First Tawakal Mudarba got Rs628.6 millions, Mirza Iftikhar Baig’s Mumtaz Shahbaz Textile Mill got Rs100 million, Arif Ali Khan Abbasi and Major General Farhat Ali Burki’s Quality Steel Works got Rs981.6 million, and Khawaja Muhammad Mehboob and Khawaja Ghulam Suleman’s Linger Suleman got Rs271 million, and from Mian Muhammad Sugar’s Mills Rs584.9 million, Multan Adbail Oil Rs354.3 million got written off.

The Commission has given four options, according to that only principle amount should be recovered from the person who got their loans written off, or the difference amount of the principal amount and the amount they had submitted. The tribunals comprising the on duty or retired judges of High Courts should be set up for the recovery of amounts. The commission has also proposed for legislation for the recovery of written off loans. The commission also recommended that action should also been take against the provincial credit committee. However it has given the final authority to the Supreme Court for recovery of loans.

http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-n...ion-claims-rs87b-loans-waived-off-in-38-years

As someone said,

ISI made her take the loan and then forced her to have it written off can't wait to hear her explanation on this. Anyone connected with PPP even remotely is corrupt in some way?

Last time she was put under pressure, she walked out of the interview. SO better not ask her about this load on any TV shows

everytime I see this lady talking ill about Imran and PTI, my blood boils !

only goons of PML-N can support such corrupt people

I always said, Pakistan has been destroyed more by the educated people than uneducated people.

The same educated people are always big supporter of lame democracy, so they can take advantage of the system and manipulate the things in their favor.

This the loot and plunder of Pakistan's people credit! Get it and then get it written off. PPP and PML goons are in the same boat.

With my grand dad being involved with the sharif brothers in their intefaq foundry dont get me started on them.

^^ this happening everywhere in the world not just just in Pakistan, 99.9% of the politician are educated.

True but it is typically worse in Pakistan because all that state credit can be used for the people of Pakistan rather than these politicians.

Imagine if all of these loans were used on the people where would Pakistan be today.

True but it is typically worse in Pakistan because all that state credit can be used for the people of Pakistan rather than these politicians.

Imagine if all of these loans were used on the people where would Pakistan be today.

This is why I have said, democracy in the country is a fraud and this is why most of the liberals support the corrupt democracy.

I know it will never happen but i hope they are made to pay back every paisa with interest. But you know that both Mian and Zardari are partners in looting so it doesn`t matter who wins, not a paisa will be paid back.

The Nation is the army's mouthpiece. Does not take away from the fact that the Commission Report, if legitimate(more likely than not), is disturbing. Corruption in all institutions by all stakeholders; whether civil, military or judiciary is rampant. Military though is the least scrutinized of all institutions. All institutions equally unaccountable though.

Last edited:
The Nation is the army's mouthpiece. Does not take away from the fact that the Commission Report, if legitimate(more likely than not), is disturbing. Corruption in all institutions by all stakeholders; whether civil, military or judiciary is rampant. Military though is the least scrutinized of all institutions. All institutions equally unaccountable though.

Which army general has found to become billionaire, which army general has found to built palaces in Pakistan?

I would never consider army doddh kee dhuli hoi , but if you would combine all the corruption of army generals of Pakistan, this would be still less than the combine money of Zardari and Sharifs.

50 mill = 5 crore... 500KUS$

who cares...

CJ's son spent roughly 100+K in few days in foreign trip...

CJ himself cached fake petrol bills..

CJ himself become judge based on quota system

CJ made his son a doc who got second/third division in Fsc.

The most corrupt institution is Army and then judiciary... (which is by all practical means, a spokesmen of Army)

then comes "afsar shahi" and then come the politicians

Which army general has found to become billionaire, which army general has found to built palaces in Pakistan?

I would never consider army doddh kee dhuli hoi , but if you would combine all the corruption of army generals of Pakistan, this would be still less than the combine money of Zardari and Sharifs.

Hamid Gul & Son (i.e daughter)

Hamid Gul & Son (i.e daughter)

Is Hameed Gul is a billionaire?

You just came out with one name, I can give you few more names, Humayon Akhtar, General Shamim, Naval cheif Mansoor,...but they are still behind with the net worth of Sharifs and Zardari.

who cares...

The most corrupt institution is Army and then judiciary... (which is by all practical means, a spokesmen of Army)

A haircut costs even today at a decent babar in Pakistan 40 rupees in many Lahore areas, In dollars that is 50 cents. Whre do you get a haircut in the US for 50 cents? Purchasing power matters.

Converting into dollars does not make the point you are trying to make. The world does not live on dollars. Pakistan does not print dollars we print rupees hence 250 billion worth of loans is a LOT, that is billion with a B.

That is a lot of loans for a country like Pakistan that have been written off.

Yes the army is corrupt but at least things like Jf-17 thunder aircraft and things like that come out.

What do our politician manufacture? Business in America and Europe? Oh and lots and lots of Cr*p!

Last edited:
This is why I have said, democracy in the country is a fraud and this is why most of the liberals support the corrupt democracy.

But Zaid bhai you know how people are in general. When politicians come its called "awami dor" when in reality it means that now politicians now get to use the state coffers so this is awami dor but there is nothing awami in it.

When the army is in power its dictatorship though nothing really changes for the common man no matter who is president and PM.

There is nothing awami about our awami dor. But no we all have to flock behind Mian Muhammad Nawaz sharif's coming

In any case I have always maintained if Pakistani vote PPP and or PML-N back to power. Good luck to Pakistan as a nation.

A haircut costs even today at a decent babar in Pakistan 40 rupees in many Lahore areas, In dollars that is 50 cents. Whre do you get a haircut in the US for 50 cents? Purchasing power matters.

Converting into dollars does not make the point you are trying to make. The world does not live on dollars. Pakistan does not print dollars we print rupees hence 250 billion worth of loans is a LOT, that is billion with a B.

That is a lot of loans for a country like Pakistan that have been written off.

Yes the army is corrupt but at least things like Jf-17 thunder aircraft and things like that come out.

What do our politician manufacture? Business in America and Europe? Oh and lots and lots of Cr*p!

i do not know, which point of mine, you are addressing to...

Corruption is a big problem in Pakistan...
but catch the main culprits..

1- GHQ
2- Judiciary
3- Bureaucrats
4- Businessmen/Landlords
5- Politicians
6- Low Grade govt. officials
7- Small shopkeepers
8- Common men

You cannot cure cancer with asprin!

Writing off loans does not automatically mean wrong doing, loans can written off for many reasons by banks, like if the business collapsed or the economy collapsed or some other genuine reasons apart from mismanagement or corruption. (Sethi was talking about this on his show from tonight) Its upto Asma and her husband to prove their innocence but they should not be labeled guilty automatically.

i do not know, which point of mine, you are addressing to...

Corruption is a big problem in Pakistan...
but catch the main culprits..

1- GHQ
2- Judiciary
3- Bureaucrats
4- Businessmen/Landlords
5- Politicians
6- Low Grade govt. officials
7- Small shopkeepers
8- Common men

You cannot cure cancer with asprin!

They are all Pakistanis at the end of the day. Runs in the blood?

I always said, Pakistan has been destroyed more by the educated people than uneducated people.

The same educated people are always big supporter of lame democracy, so they can take advantage of the system and manipulate the things in their favor.

So we should give the country to uneducated people ?

Actually, a lot of educated people are supporters of the Army and have been for decades. It's because we are brought up to respect and obey the authority, which in Pakistan's case means people in uniforms. This whole compliance with authority reaction is deeply embedded in us. We will loathe a fellow civilian for achieving more success than us or for bending or breaking the rules to serve his needs but we will be much more generous and understanding if its done by an authority figure. Generals with their flashy badges and clean cut image can do no wrong, while civilians have to go thought a much higher level of scrutiny. Pakistani's esp. people from Punjab being more from a martial race are increasingly inclined to bow down to a General as their leader rather than a civilian. Hence, we have a romantic longing and primal tendency to want a Sipa Salar to come back to save us. Yes things are bad and our civilian leadership is totally responsible for them but can we just for once bite our tongue and stop blaming the system.

So we should give the country to uneducated people ?

Actually, a lot of educated people are supporters of the Army and have been for decades. It's because we are brought up to respect and obey the authority, which in Pakistan's case means people in uniforms. This whole compliance with authority reaction is deeply embedded in us. We will loathe a fellow civilian for achieving more success than us or for bending or breaking the rules to serve his needs but we will be much more generous and understanding if its done by an authority figure. Generals with their flashy badges and clean cut image can do no wrong, while civilians have to go thought a much higher level of scrutiny. Pakistani's esp. people from Punjab being more from a martial race are increasingly inclined to bow down to a General as their leader rather than a civilian. Hence, we have a romantic longing and primal tendency to want a Sipa Salar to come back to save us. Yes things are bad and our civilian leadership is totally responsible for them but can we just for once bite our tongue and stop blaming the system.

Saadi,

First of all, I would like to make one thing clear, I have never considered Fauji as " doodh kay dhulay hoay", I know very well that they have their issues, but at the end of the day, these faujies have still have some shame, some discipline, some level of patriotism, ..but the goons and thugs of PPP and PMLN have broke all their records.

What is the justification of living in big palaces, what is the justification of all the corruption, what is the justification of nominating their young kids as future leader of this country, what is the justification of ministers like Firdous Asshiq Awan, Rana Sana Ullah, Dasti, ...to me this is a slap on the face of democracy. It will never change as long as we have these two parties remain in power.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a difficult position because military rule takes away the voice of the common citizen and who's to say that same military won't then be doing what's in the interests of the biggest paymaster whether that's US, China or Saudi Arabia rather than it's own citizens?

On the other hand though we end up with civilian leaders who are forming alliances with terrorist groups in order to win vote banks and probably selling the nation down the river in one term faster than a military govt would have managed in two decades. I still believe the army should stay out of politics, but in turn they should probably get some credit for what they do like in most other countries. The US and the UK and our new darlings India are all incredibly proud of their armed forces. In Pakistan you have Najam Sethi sticking the boot in while penning his weekly column for Indian news sites.

Last edited:
lol accroding to second hand sources from what I have heard one of the first things zardari sahib did when he got into power was send a nice little message to the CDA to alot certain plots of land to him immediatley or else. Then a meeting was arranged with Malik riaz of bahrai town and the guys behind Kalia and Kalia money changers etc. They were told in no uncertain terms that 10% tiyar kuro vurna face the consequences. Malik riaz seeing an opportunity obliged and then decided to get in with the boss. Kalia and Kalia decided to ignore the advice given to them. Within a very short period of time they came back on their knees and agreed.

Bhai loag yay sub asay chulta hay when the Don of Pakistan is in charge. Don Zardarione know exactly what he is doing, why he is doing it and how long he has!

who cares...

Yes the CJ is evil, he has robbed billions from the banks and deposited in Swiss Bank accounts. Zardari should immediately write a letter to get the money back for the Pakistani people.

this is loans written off.

What about the losses Steel Mills is making my selling to Zardaris friends at below cost.
What about no one making payment to PSO
Railways and PIA both being run to the ground.

Start with Militay Inc. by Ayesha Siddiqua. Oh and please save me the " why should I read her book she is a CIA agent" rationale.

Start with Militay Inc. by Ayesha Siddiqua. Oh and please save me the " why should I read her book she is a CIA agent" rationale.

I hope she must have mentioned the bank accounts of Zardari, all the money laundering of Zardari through Rehman Malik, how an owner of Bambino cinema ( 12th grade failed) become the Don of the country :)

Dude, I hate army like you, but at the end of the day, I hate these so called politicians of PPP and PMLN more than anybody.

I hope she must have mentioned the bank accounts of Zardari, all the money laundering of Zardari through Rehman Malik, how an owner of Bambino cinema ( 12th grade failed) become the Don of the country :)

Dude, I hate army like you, but at the end of the day, I hate these so called politicians of PPP and PMLN more than anybody.

You don't need to read a book for that. It's been on electronic media 24/7 for the last 5 years. Was Zardari able to shut them up. Was he able to put them in jail or got them killed....remember Saleem Shahzad.

Yes the CJ is evil, he has robbed billions from the banks and deposited in Swiss Bank accounts. Zardari should immediately write a letter to get the money back for the Pakistani people.

You still angry that swiss court trashed the letter drafted by (PCO)CJ?

There are hundreds types of corruptions...and CJ is involved in most of these types...

worst kind of corruption:

Musharraf+and+Iftikhar+Chaudhry.jpg

You don't need to read a book for that. It's been on electronic media 24/7 for the last 5 years. Was Zardari able to shut them up. Was he able to put them in jail or got them killed....remember Saleem Shahzad.

forgot Kamran Faisal?

^^^

I haven't but while his case got non stop media coverage and the SC including CJ is still directly involved and is threatening to move heaven and earth to get to the bottom of it, the murder of Saleem Shahzad barely got any local coverage and the lame judicial commission set up to investigate the circumstances around his murder failed to name any one institution or person despite ample evidence to prove otherwise.

Last edited:
[MENTION=1269]Bewal Express[/MENTION] here is the thread buddy you can read the background to see the reason why some of these feminists wanabe liberals of our country defend corrupt leaders.

They aren't liberals. They're neo liberals. They use their idea of liberalism as a tool to ensure they remain at the table, whilst denying the less fortunate even a scrap off it. It's Why they hate Imran and his ideas for a social welfare system, cos it will make them redundant. It's why they can so easily get into bed with PMNL, cos they're both 2 sides of the same coin, working for each other's interests and not those of the common man

True words

You still angry that swiss court trashed the letter drafted by (PCO)CJ?

There are hundreds types of corruptions...and CJ is involved in most of these types...

worst kind of corruption:

Musharraf+and+Iftikhar+Chaudhry.jpg

Interesting ... as CJ junked IK valid complaints about election rigging...
History proved that pakistani courts are there to do the dirty jobs of establishment...

[MENTION=1269]Bewal Express[/MENTION] here is the thread buddy you can read the background to see the reason why some of these feminists wanabe liberals of our country defend corrupt leaders.

Thanks bro, this thread rings a bell but most interesting thing besides putting a coach and horses through Asma Jehangirs credibility is how even back then [MENTION=42489]Black Zero[/MENTION] was in love with corrupt politicians.

Thanks bro, this thread rings a bell but most interesting thing besides putting a coach and horses through Asma Jehangirs credibility is how even back then [MENTION=42489]Black Zero[/MENTION] was in love with corrupt politicians.
I was against CJ Iftikhar and later IK agreed with me. (As usual it was too late for IK)

It's not an issue of love, rather about hatred for the enemies of democracy.

Pmln played a dirty role then, but now they themselves paid the price.
I was against the people who wanted to derail the democracy yesterday (friends took as supporting AAZ's corruption), today ( again people took it as supporting NS's corruption ) and would do the same tomorrow, when IK govt would be in trouble (for trying to be little independent), it would not be for the love of PTI and it's corruption.

Black Zero has been consistent whether it's Asma Jahangir, Nawaz Sharif, Asif Zardari or Gulalai.

One person he has NEVER supported is Imran Khan no matter which old thread you bump, he has been consistent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Black Zero has been consistent whether it's Asma Jahangir, Nawaz Sharif, Asif Zardari or Gulalai.

One person he has NEVER supported is Imran Khan no matter which old thread you bump, he has been consistent.
For the record, I did support him in 1997 GE, I was student then but I convinced my family to vote for pti candidate.

I was against CJ Iftikhar and later IK agreed with me. (As usual it was too late for IK)

It's not an issue of love, rather about hatred for the enemies of democracy.

Pmln played a dirty role then, but now they themselves paid the price.
I was against the people who wanted to derail the democracy yesterday (friends took as supporting AAZ's corruption), today ( again people took it as supporting NS's corruption ) and would do the same tomorrow, when IK govt would be in trouble (for trying to be little independent), it would not be for the love of PTI and it's corruption.

You liked the corrupt AZ, so you hated CJP at the time. You like the Corrupt NS so you hate the current SC, is there anyone corrupt that is in power you wont defend?

Back