[Aus Win by 25 runs] Pak v Aus | U19 World Cup Final | Sutcliffe Oval | 29/01/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pakistan need to do what Windies tail enders did in the CT final in 2005.

Congrats to the Aussies - they deserved that win

Proud of the effort our boys put in - it wasnt to be, though i do question the decision to bowl first

LOL...sorry guys...I guess OZ got our number this year and for the past couple of decades frankly...

Hey, this summer wouldn't be complete without Pakistan losing to Australia once again. :))

Geordie Ahmed said:
Congrats to the Aussies - they deserved that win

Proud of the effort our boys put in - it wasnt to be, though i do question the decision to bowl first

They won last 3 games chasing so that may be the reason...

Azeem Ghumman's batting left a lot to be desired...was unable to dispatch the poor deliveries and didn't take the powerplay and got out

iafzal said:
They won last 3 games chasing so that may be the reason...

BUT they were "close" chases, not comfortable in the slightest

Im a fan of the bat first tactic, especially when your team is a little fragile in parts

Can't wait to hear the Ausralian commentators going on about this game at Perth. :))

Khabri420 said:
Azeem Ghumman's batting left a lot to be desired...was unable to dispatch the poor deliveries and didn't take the powerplay and got out

I can understand his tactics - he just lost his wicket at a bad time, if he was there at the start of the powerplay i reckon we would have won

a familiar story, Pakistani batsmen fold when then need to bat second...but all in all, it was a top effort by the boys, they can be proud of their achievements.

Nah, 208 was chasable, Shehzad nd Babar just triggered a classic Pakistani collapse.

Oh No. Yet again Australia came in our way. :( Yar ham nay kiya bigaarha hai in ka. We'll protest against them. :pissed:

Geordie Ahmed said:
I can understand his tactics - he just lost his wicket at a bad time, if he was there at the start of the powerplay i reckon we would have won

His inability to rotate the strike and he got at least 4 full-tosses which he just blocked out. He's still young and will learn, but I hope this is not another YK in the making...I seriously hope not.

His captaincy was very good throughout

well played Australia, tremendous captaincy from Mitchell Marsh. essentially Australia employed the power play from the 16th over onwards, be keeping all but 2 guys inside the circle. that's what our guys need to learn. in the end the difference in skill is minimal. it's the tactical game that we've lost. high time we abandon this defensive approach, especially the no-fielder-inside-the-circle-on-the-leg-side approach to spinners. how is that ever a good idea when you've got them 5 down for 90 odd. that's the time to step on someone's throat, put them under pressure by asking them to go for big shots.

though well played guys, played really well all the way through. I'm sure they're gutted.

Last edited:
So Australia have won the WC three times and now the U19 WC three times too, what an achievement. :)

Sledger said:
So Australia have won the WC three times and now the U19 WC three times too, what an achievement. :)
actually the seniors have won it 4 times: 87, 99, 03 and 07.

Well played Australia. Excellent captaincy by Mitchell Marsh. Yousuf can learn a thing or two from him :)

Oh well, Congrats to Baggy Caps for winning this exciting tourny.

Congrats to Pakistan for a great, unfortunately our only loss was in the finals.

Some great Pakistan talent coming through though.
Babar - Will get better, could be a great partner for Butt in couple of years
Azeem - Good commander, he needs to be nurtured
Hamad - great run but flopped in the finals, will get better
Usman - Bowls like his father, great prospect
Raza - This is the special talent of this team, hes gonna be great

namak said:
Well played Australia. Excellent captaincy by Mitchell Marsh. Yousuf can learn a thing or two from him :)
No need to learn anything from Mitchell. Inshallah Next ODI will be the last ODI for him:)moyo) as a captain.

tauseefm said:
Oh i forgot :moyo is not going to be pakistan's captain EVER after the 5th ODI (inshallah) :14: :14: :14:
God Forbid!

InshALLAH he will continue the captaincy!

Last edited:
cricfan967 said:
Have you suffered any injuries to the head lately?
Wanting :moyo to continue as captain?
I am against of his and yk's inclusion in ODI team and he is talking about keep him as a captain. I would rather have an "IT"(punjabi wali) captaining rather then this brain dead moyo.

namak said:
Thats uncalled for. No need to add slurs.

agreed, but then again said poster is not regarded for intelligent posting.

tauseefm said:
Tumharay moh main khak aur :moyo kay moh main :inti ka moh :pissed:
When we were small we used to reply such answer by saying, "Joo kehtaa haii wohh hota/kartaa haii"

I said it at the toss, always bat first in a final unless the pitch is reall difficult first up
the second blunder was committed by Rameez Aziz - we were coasting along but he played a stupid irresponsible shot..anways Proud of their effort - Pakistan Zindabad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back