Australia (186/5) defeat Scotland (180/5) by 5 wickets in their last Group Stage game of the ICC T20 World Cup 2024

Well done Australia otherwise Qudrat/RizBar/Covid Pakistan fans would have had an excuse for Pakistan’s incompetence

Scotland will be playing South Africa, West Indies, USA. They can easily reach semi final there. Just one upset.
I believe it’s Afghanistan, India, Australia and Bangladesh. Scotland would be in the other group.
EDIT: I was right. Apparently these groups were pre-seeded. Having 3 table toppers in one group in kinda ludicrous though and defeats the whole purpose of teams finishing first and second in their respective groups.

Mitchell Starc said in the post-match press conference:

"We've got phenomenal power in our middle, well right through our order really. But when you've got Stoin and TD and even (Matthew) Wade in the middle there, they haven't had too many things to do the first few games. So, to have a good hit tonight or to get us home with the run rate going up a little bit and maybe being a comparatively a slowish start, it was good to get some time into those guys."

"But Stoinis obviously did it for us. He got us going in the first game against Oman, against England, his ball striking in his second half of the innings was phenomenal. So, he's in great touch which is good for us heading into the pointy end. But I don't think, with as good as the wicket was, the rate probably didn't get out of hand with the power that we've gotten as yet."

"So good to get that stuff out of the way now and now we're into the pointy end. It didn't feel different. It's still a World Cup game and we're still playing for Australia so we're still trying to take wickets and win games."

We were in a position where we had plenty of options on the table. We had a chance to rest the two big boys (Hazlewood and Cummins) and get some gametime into Ash. We have another game here (against India) in the Super Eight, so (it was about) getting accustomed to or having a look at conditions here as well."

"Having some batting time into our middle order and some of our spinners obviously getting some time in different situations in the bowling innings, it was a good hit out. That was all we wanted and then we push onto the Super Eights."

Shame I missed this game cause I was travelling, it seemed this game was more entertaining then Australia vs England

Back