Australia (211/6) beat India (208/6) by 4 wickets in 1st T20I at Mohali

Had one eye on this scorecard - India's bowling selections were shocking.

Rohit chance of coming near to dhoni by winning both odi and t20 world cup is vapourising at the moment....he will be only a ipl bully

Last edited:
A tame Indian pace attack gave a poor account of themselves in the first T20I against Australia on Tuesday, as the hosts went down by four wickets. Bhuvneshwar Kumar (4-0-52-0), Harshal Patel (4-0-49-0). Umesh Yadav (2-0-27-2), Hardik Pandya (2-0-22-0) all leaked runs as India failed to defend a 208-run total. Cameron Green (61) and Matthew Wade (45*) starred with the bat for Australia. Earlier, Hardik Pandya scored 71 not out off 30 balls after KL Rahul's 55 off 35 to help India post 208/6 in 20 overs. After senior batters Virat Kohli (2) and Rohit Sharma (11) fell inside the fifth over, Suryakumar Yadav (46 off 25 balls) and Rahul batted with maturity to lay the platform before Hardik fetch the most out of it. India now trail the three-match series 0-1.

India need to drop KL Rahul and open with Pant. Rahul is going through a very bad patch and he simply doesn't belong in a champion T20 team.

Rohit
Kohli
SKY
Pant
Pandya
Axar
DK

India need to drop KL Rahul and open with Pant. Rahul is going through a very bad patch and he simply doesn't belong in a champion T20 team.

Rohit
Kohli
SKY
Pant
Pandya
Axar
DK

Bhai, batting is good

Bowling ke bare me baat kariye

Kohli celebrating and giving interviews after Afghan century 😂😂
Some of the cocky guys- hardik,Kohli,Rahul humble pies will always follow.....

Bhai, batting is good

Bowling ke bare me baat kariye

Until Bumrah is fit again, Indian bowling will suffer. India is also missing all rounder Jaddu. Both him and Axar must play T20's.

India also have to drop Chahal permanently. The most useless bowler in the squad.

Indian ideal bowling line up for T20's must be.

Bumrah (4 overs)
Arshdeep (4 overs)
Axar (4 overs)
Bishnoi (4 overs)
Jaddu (All rounder) (2 overs)
Pandya (All rounder) (2 overs)

The above is the best India can have at the moment without lengthening the tail too much.

That’s their fault, no need to gloat for them. They should have grasped this opportunity with both hands.

No need to act dumb here lol. May be you forgot we were talking about pitch and how easy was it to bat on here. :inti

Yadav on fire

Until Bumrah is fit again, Indian bowling will suffer. India is also missing all rounder Jaddu. Both him and Axar must play T20's.

India also have to drop Chahal permanently. The most useless bowler in the squad.

Indian ideal bowling line up for T20's must be.

Bumrah (4 overs)
Arshdeep (4 overs)
Axar (4 overs)
Bishnoi (4 overs)
Jaddu (All rounder) (2 overs)
Pandya (All rounder) (2 overs)

The above is the best India can have at the moment without lengthening the tail too much.

1 saath Axar aur Jadeja ko nahi bhai..Test nahi hai..

Need 3rd pacer.

It is virtually impossible to defend totals at Mohali. Having said that dropping 3 dollies and not appealing for a plumb lbw all contributed to their pathetic effort on the field. Not to mention zero death bowling options.

Crap team we have now.i have no hopes on our bowlers
At least we can bat decently...and avoid a humiliating loss.
We r the weakest asian team barring Bangladesh 😂😂😂😂

No need to act dumb here lol. May be you forgot we were talking about pitch and how easy was it to bat on here. :inti

Come on, don’t show your dumbness here, we all are aware. My question is after playing these many years, looking at pitch they should have better idea to hang in there and cash it out like SKY and Pandya.

And no, they did not get out with unlucky dismissals. Kohli especially gave pretty easy catch to the fielder.

Now, don’t try to prove that Pandya has more sense about pitch and batting than Kohli and Sharma.

Did you get it, now?

Come on, don’t show your dumbness here, we all are aware. My question is after playing these many years, looking at pitch they should have better idea to hang in there and cash it out like SKY and Pandya.

And no, they did not get out with unlucky dismissals. Kohli especially gave pretty easy catch to the fielder.

Now, don’t try to prove that Pandya has more sense about pitch and batting than Kohli and Sharma.

Did you get it, now?

Lmao you are taking a u-turn now. :91:

It's ok. Go celebrate. :inti

1 saath Axar aur Jadeja ko nahi bhai..Test nahi hai..

Need 3rd pacer.

The 3rd pacer will get hammered and he cannot bat either. At least Axar and Jaddu can dart if they are getting belted around. They also can bat if needed. You have to weigh in everything before making a selection.

This is 3rd consecutive game which Bhuvi has lost for us bowling 19th over.

Rohit is so dumb as captain. Scary part is he'll now be leading us in all forms of the game.

He is only an IPL bully.

Lmao you are taking a u-turn now. :91:

It's ok. Go celebrate. :inti

Kindly explain, where did I take U turn? I will wait. Explain me your statement that how Sharma and Kohli were unlucky?

I understand how much Pandya’s batting is hurtful to you.

Now don’t run away as usual.

This is 3rd consecutive game which Bhuvi has lost for us bowling 19th over.

Rohit is so dumb as captain. Scary part is he'll now be leading us in all forms of the game.

He is only an IPL bully.

Until Bumrah returns, INdia have to bowl BK I guess.

And what do I say about Kohli, the leech! The way he and his minions celebrated a useless ton against Afghans said it all about the pretender.

Until Bumrah returns, INdia have to bowl BK I guess.
Lol, so it means we are so short on talent that we keep playing a serial match loser until Bumrah returns.

What's the point of playing IPL then?

Well even 220 would not have been enough for this pathetic excuse of a bowling "attack".
Another group stage exit us incoming.

And who was hyping this trundler Harshal and moaning about his absence from our Asia Cup squad?

I had sussed him out ever since he started playing cricket.

Kindly explain, where did I take U turn? I will wait. Explain me your statement that how Sharma and Kohli were unlucky?

I understand how much Pandya’s batting is hurtful to you.

Now don’t run away as usual.

You want me to spoon-feed you everytime? How about you go and actually read our conversation from the start and understand the context behind it. It seems Wade's inning has hurt you so bad that you have actually lost the ability to recall the beginning of our conversation. Read again and come back. No one is going to run away from a guy like you here. :inti

Aussies are looking the best team atm.

They chased down 210 against an almost full-strength Indian team.

And this is not even Australia's best team with...Warner, Marsh, Stoinis and Starc all missing.

And this is not even Australia's best team with...Warner, Marsh, Stoinis and Starc all missing.

Don't say this now. :inti

Hehe Bhuvi and Harshal and DK and KL and Kohli. You don't win matches with 5 of these in the team as each one of them is capable to loose an important match all by himself. Collectively their failure is guaranteed even in non important matches.

Last edited:
You want me to spoon-feed you everytime? How about you go and actually read our conversation from the start and understand the context behind it. It seems Wade's inning has hurt you so bad that you have actually lost the ability to recall the beginning of our conversation. Read again and come back. No one is going to run away from a guy like you here. :inti

Obviously you don’t have any answer to my question. When we started conversation AUS batting did not even start let alone Wade’s batting.

Who would like to be spoon fed by you with your limited cricketing knowledge, lol.

Still, how were Sharma and Kohli unlucky, genius?? Still waiting for your reply.

Don’t run away from conversation under the umbrella of “spoon feeding” others.

And yes, as an Indian cricket fan, Wade’s inning would hurt me and any Indian batsman’s inning would amaze me, unlike you.

Last edited:
And who was hyping this trundler Harshal and moaning about his absence from our Asia Cup squad?

I had sussed him out ever since he started playing cricket.

Think it was pathan.

He said batting lineups can heave a sigh of relief now that Harshal is out of Asia cup.

Lol

Australia's best bowler today was Nathan Ellis, who's Starc's replacement.

And best batter was Cam Green, who's Marsh/Stoinis' backup.

There's no such thing as "full strength" or otherwise when it comes to teams with good depth like India, Australia and England.

Just see what England without half their side did to an almost full strength Pakistan today.

Lol, so it means we are so short on talent that we keep playing a serial match loser until Bumrah returns.

What's the point of playing IPL then?

Mohsin Khan was not even selected. Arshdeep was IPL find. He did decent in Asia cup.

I would take both Arsh and Mohsin over BK, Harshal and Avesh anyday.

In an ideal world, not a single player that we fielded today in our bowling attack (8-11) should have been in the team. Hell... not even in the squad. Such is the incompetence by the team management.

Avesh Khan backed over Umran Malik/Mohsin Khan/Kuldeep Sen

Chahal backed over Bishnoi

Past it and never been trundlers like Bhuvi/Harshal and spraygun masters like Umesh backed over Shami/Siraj.

It's a shiteshow all around.

It is virtually impossible to defend totals at Mohali. Having said that dropping 3 dollies and not appealing for a plumb lbw all contributed to their pathetic effort on the field. Not to mention zero death bowling options.

This is loser mentality to blame grounds, tosses.
Pak lost chasing to India in that semi final game in 2011. It was Mohali right?
Indians kept blaming toss for losing to Pak. Few days later, SL beat Pak in the final defending and showed it can be done.

Lol

There's no such thing as "full strength" or otherwise when it comes to teams with good depth like India, Australia and England.

Just see what England without half their side did to an almost full strength Pakistan today.

Pak was also missing Shaheen, Shadab, Asif, and Fakhar - who would have all played if available.

Lol

So you are saying that Ellis and Green will start over Starc and Marsh in the WC.

It's a fact that this isn't a first-choice Australian side and the way they chased 210 so easily, they have to be favorites for the WC....there's no reason for you being so salty.

Pakistan is struggling atm so it's no surprise to see what Eng did tonight.

Last edited:
Cam Green should open with Warner

Finch is finished I recon

This is loser mentality to blame grounds, tosses.
Pak lost chasing to India in that semi final game in 2011. It was Mohali right?
Indians kept blaming toss for losing to Pak. Few days later, SL beat Pak in the final defending and showed it can be done.

I guess you have never followed IPL matches. This ground is known for big successful chases. Some absolutely random dude would walk in and thrash international bowlers for fun. This ground, Wankhede, bangalore stadium are known for it. On the contrary pitches like Chennai, Hyderabad are easier to defend totals.

Cam Green should open with Warner

Finch is finished I recon

Finch will retire after the WT20. Australia will open with Travis Head, a like for like replacement.

Cameron Green and Mitch Marsh give them flexibility though, you can slot them anywhere.

World no.1 T20 bowler Hazlewood, World no.4 T20 bowler zampa. they are playing. Plus they had Cummins. They will miss Starc? Both bowling was crap today. Just that Indian fielding was extraordinarily bad where as Australian fielding was outstanding. The way Maxwell converted a certain six into 1 run was breataking. Where as India dropped 3 dollies and missed a plumb lbw appeal.

Pak was also missing Shaheen, Shadab, Asif, and Fakhar - who would have all played if available.

Asif and Fakhar lol. The same guys who pak fans want out of the side at the moment. Only Shaheen and Shadab are the real misses.

So you are saying that Ellis and Green will start over Starc and Marsh in the WC.

It's a fact that this isn't a first-choice Australian side and the way they chased 210 so easily, they have to be favorites for the WC....there's no reason for you being so salty.

Pakistan is struggling atm so it's no surprise to see what Eng did tonight.

No one is salty. You didn't actually get what I was saying.

I didn't say Green or Ellis will start ahead of the regular guys but with sides like India, England, Australia, the drop off in quality is not as big when certain players miss out. They have got able backups for almost each slot so it won't make as much difference if 3-4 guys aren't playing

No one is salty. You didn't actually get what I was saying.

I didn't say Green or Ellis will start ahead of the regular guys but with sides like India, England, Australia, the drop off in quality is not as big when certain players miss out. They have got able backups for almost each slot so it won't make as much difference if 3-4 guys aren't playing

If anything unknown players work better against Indian than predictable bowlers a reason why Starc is not that effective in T20s against India. Neither are cummins/Josh. Only guy who was a threat for India was Zampa because he has wood over Kohli.

World no.1 T20 bowler Hazlewood, World no.4 T20 bowler zampa. they are playing. Plus they had Cummins. They will miss Starc? Both bowling was crap today. Just that Indian fielding was extraordinarily bad where as Australian fielding was outstanding. The way Maxwell converted a certain six into 1 run was breataking. Where as India dropped 3 dollies and missed a plumb lbw appeal.

Starc is a gun white ball bowler....he will always start in a WC for Australia.

And then there's Warner, Marsh and Stoinis.

The fact is that Aussies chased down 210 easily with 4 of their first-choice players missing, which shows their bench-strength....clear favs to retain the WC.

Don't know why Indian fans are finding it hard to accept it.

The fact is that Aussies chased down 210 easily with 4 of their first-choice players missing, which shows their bench-strength....clear favs to retain the WC.

Not true. He has done okay against India. Not a threat. India also missed Jadeja, Bumrah duh, Rested Pant. I don't think they will win with this crap bowling. Last time they got lucky. Buttler butchered Australian bowling in UAE. They got away with toss wins later on. This is not the best T20 bowling line up in the world.

Obviously you don’t have any answer to my question. When we started conversation AUS batting did not even start let alone Wade’s batting.

Who would like to be spoon fed by you with your limited cricketing knowledge, lol.

Still, how were Sharma and Kohli unlucky, genius?? Still waiting for your reply.[/b[

Don’t run away from conversation under the umbrella of “spoon feeding” others.

And yes, as an Indian cricket fan, Wade’s inning would hurt me and any Indian batsman’s inning would amaze me, unlike you.

You are really acting pretty dumb here lol. Rohit and Kohli were unlucky to not score runs on this easy pitch. It was not regarding their dismissal. They missed a chance to score some easy runs like Sky and Pandya, they were unlucky in that regard. Improve your comprehension lol. Now please go read that post and try to understand the context. In the end I had to spoon-feed you. What a waste of time. :facepalm :inti

Last edited:

INdia didn't exactly play first choice you realize that right?

Australia is shooting itself in the foot by playing T20 matches in India just before the world cup.

Some Australian grounds have T20 boundaries that are 80 to 85 meters. And it's very, very testing to put big T20 scores in such a large boundaries, but Australian have sharpen themselves and have learned to play in those large boundaries.

But now that they are playing in India where boundaries are much smaller, they are stooping down to competition with themselves. Their sharp skills will become somewhat dull when they play at lower standards in India.

Chasing 200+ will give them a false sense of higher achievement and they may just not push themselves enough to stay competative, not realizing that these are small boundaries in India.

I would be surprised to see many team scoring in 200+ on the Australian grounds in WC T20 games.

Australia is shooting itself in the foot by playing T20 matches in India just before the world cup.

Some Australian grounds have T20 boundaries that are 80 to 85 meters. And it's very, very testing to put big T20 scores in such a large boundaries, but Australian have sharpen themselves and have learned to play in those large boundaries.

But now that they are playing in India where boundaries are much smaller, they are stooping down to competition with themselves. Their sharp skills will become somewhat dull when they play at lower standards in India.

Chasing 200+ will give them a false sense of higher achievement and they may just not push themselves enough to stay competative, not realizing that these are small boundaries in India.

I would be surprised to see many team scoring in 200+ on the Australian grounds in WC T20 games.

Depends on which ground you play. MCG is big. Mohali is 75 meter ground. So it is not really tiny. NZ ground are the smallest. SCG is a fantastic scoring venue. majority of big scores happened at the SCG. Most of the time 160 would be a good score. 175 fairly defendable.

Batting first 22 times teams have crossed 160. 16 times won 5 times lost once tied.
Batting first 17 times teams have cross 170, 14 times won 3 times lost
Batting first 14 times teams have crossed 180, 12 times won 2 times lost

As you can see 180 is fairly a defendable total.

Almost all the sides have struggled to put big totals here. Even above 160. But when they do they can fancy winning.

India has crossed 160 8 times in Australia and won 6 times
Srilanka has crossed 160 4 times in Australia won 3 times and tied once
West Indies crossed 160 once and won once
England crossed 160 once and lost

The rest of the teams did not even cross 160.

You are really acting pretty dumb here lol. Rohit and Kohli were unlucky to not score runs on this easy pitch. It was not regarding their dismissal. They missed a chance to score some easy runs like Sky and Pandya, they were unlucky in that regard. Improve your comprehension lol. Now please go read that post and try to understand the context. In the end I had to spoon-feed you. What a waste of time. :facepalm :inti

Tere (dumb) logic ko salam.

They did not score on easy pitch, so they are unlucky as per your logic, lol

If Pant or Pandya failed to score on the same pitch, you would say, “they don’t have skills to even score on this type of easy pitch”, lol

Bro, get your priorities right.

It’s almost the same logic: people praised Pujara in Gaba test because he took so many blows on his body, but people with some cricketing sense would question his technique as on the same pitch against the same bowlers Gill scored 91 without getting hit on body a single time.

Now twist as it suits your agenda.

Chahal to Green, no run
Darted into the thigh pad as Green stretches across off and does not make contact with a sweep

This was the turning point. Green was mere 17. All three reds. Nobody bothered to appeal.

Think it was pathan.

He said batting lineups can heave a sigh of relief now that Harshal is out of Asia cup.
Don't think Pathan is that dumb. That was more of a riposte to Waqar. If he doesn't know that this Harshal guy is crappiest of crap then I think he should leave commenting on cricket.

I remember some Indian fans here did sook about Harshal's absence.

Chahal to Green, no run
Darted into the thigh pad as Green stretches across off and does not make contact with a sweep

This was the turning point. Green was mere 17. All three reds. Nobody bothered to appeal.
Must say Rohit has been a huge letdown as a captain.

I shudder to think about our performance in test cricket under him.

Bumrah/Jadeja two names missing. And india is still dilly dallying with DK and Pant. I am sure Pant will start in Australia.
We haven't earned anything by having Jadeja in our T20 team for more than a decade now.

As for Pant, it's the same story. He hasn't done anything in T20s so far and he has already played too many T20 games to think that it's his confusion about his role in our T20 setup which is bringing about his downfall in this format.

Our T20 team is replete with so many serial match losers that it's not even funny anymore.

Chahal, Kohli, Bhuvi, Rahul, Umesh, Sky, Harshal, Rohit.

Most of these guys are totally past it or never had it, take your pick.

Being think it for a while but India are not a top team in LOIs.

They're going through transition and not many of their new players have done much at the international level so far.

Should be easy pickings for a lot of teams while they rebuild.

Our T20 team is replete with so many serial match losers that it's not even funny anymore.

Chahal, Kohli, Bhuvi, Rahul, Umesh, Sky, Harshal, Rohit.

Most of these guys are totally past it or never had it, take your pick.
You aren't contenders for the WT20, think there's a 90% chance Aus go back to back. Barring England causing an upset, think it's them. Us and India/Pak to round off the rest.

They're strong as is and it's in Aus. England either upset them or it's a given. Can't see the other contenders beating them.

First time in a while that I've felt that confident that a team is going to win a WC since probably the 2000s with the invincible Aus team.

You aren't contenders for the WT20, think there's a 90% chance Aus go back to back. Barring England causing an upset, think it's them. Us and India/Pak to round off the rest.
Australia, England and you guys are favorites to lift the trophy with Aussies being the front runners.

There are many who give excuses that our prima donna bats can't bat on low and slow UAE pitches. What about Australia then? They came and won on pitches which didn't suit them at all, that's the hallmark of a great team which can win in all conditions and are not dependent on any particular condition to win.

PS: Our problem is that we are not winning anything even in conditions which suit us the most.

Being think it for a while but India are not a top team in LOIs.

They're going through transition and not many of their new players have done much at the international level so far.

Should be easy pickings for a lot of teams while they rebuild.
We started regressing in LoIs under Kohli, particularly our batting. The way he made our batting to be top-3 or bust was painful. People blame conditions for our loss in ODI WC'19 to you guys in SF. That debacle was just waiting to happen and it happened that day. You just can't win a knockout game after losing your famed top-3 within 5 runs on board. Our middle order had been non existent under Kohli and it fully showed that day.

Even in test cricket, our batting is crap. No more of those humungous scores are seen now which we used to score for fun. However, on the flip side our test bowling under Kohli came up by leaps and bounds, a far cry from Dhoni's days as our test captain.

Interesting this fake finisher is going to end his career as legend who was not given enough chances if rohit hides him to face only few balls...rohit doesn't like him or consider him equal to pant..
But I want his finisher image to be exposed before or at the world cup that would shut his blind supporters....

Back