Australia v India | 4th Test | Adelaide | Jan 24-28, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol are you trying to defend his ability against the rising ball? For real?

Last I checked he avg 60 in SA vs Steyn & Co, unless ofcourse the balls over there werent bouncing... I am not saying he hasnt struggled, I feel he is just out of form...

Errr right, so how did he avg 60 against the greatest fast bowler of the modern time at their house ??

Probably the same reason Phil Hughes did the same lol. He looks exactly like Hughes when faced with the short ball. I reckon for both of them it was their newness at the time.

Errr right, so how did he avg 60 against the greatest fast bowler of the modern time at their house ??

Steyn does not get much bounce?

Whatever, he is a gun on bouncy tracks, has a fabulous technique, in fact they teach that angled bat poke in cricket academies now.

Probably the same reason Phil Hughes did the same lol. He looks exactly like Hughes when faced with the short ball. I reckon for both of them it was their newness at the time.

Ghambir was an established bat during the last SA tour, Hughes made his debut vs SA.... But I am seeing this weird connection with Hughes now that you mentioned it ...

ryan: "Sehwag must have tickets to the Australian Open tennis final tomorrow to see two women with more grunt than his team combined."

( cricinfo )

Ghambir was an established bat during the last SA tour, Hughes made his debut vs SA.... But I am seeing this weird connection with Hughes now that you mentioned it ...

Both opening batsmen, both short, both get out the same way...:taufeeq

How many innings has Gambhir played in SAF?

In his debut series Azhar Mehmood scored century after century in south africa against arguably their best attack (donald, pollock, de Villiers, klusener etc) in incredibly bowling friendly conditions. Clearly he didn't turn out to be all that though.

Its the players who perform consistently over long periods, rather than a single series, that can be judged to be good in those conditions. Not saying Gambhir isn't capable, but he has looked pretty bad against the short stuff this series

How many innings has Gambhir played in SAF?

In his debut series Azhar Mehmood scored century after century in south africa against arguably their best attack (donald, pollock, de Villiers, klusener etc) in incredibly bowling friendly conditions. Clearly he didn't turn out to be all that though.

Its the players who perform consistently over long periods, rather than a single series, that can be judged to be good in those conditions. Not saying Gambhir isn't capable, but he has looked pretty bad against the short stuff this series

I have seen Indians getting extended chances to establish themselves in the team.

Steyn does not get much bounce?

Ohh ok..

Whatever, he is a gun on bouncy tracks,

So you saw his stats in SA, good..

has a fabulous technique,

I wouldnt say fabulous but def not bad considering he had a very good tour of SA vs the best modern fast bowler...

in fact they teach that angled bat poke in cricket academies now.

Sean Marsh ??

bold..

I have seen Indians getting extended chances to establish themselves in the team.

Point well made :p. Was really disappointing how Azhar turned out, probably deserved to be given a consistent run even when he was performing badly, given the potential he showed early on.

Back on topic Sehwag is starting to look more assured after a streaky start. Hopefully he can capitalise now that he's settled

India require another 431 runs with 9 wickets remaining

39 overs today ...... If India score another 120 here ....

That would leave 315 to win tomorrow ........... will India do the impossible :D

Who here reckons Clarke will regret not enforcing the follow-on.

I have not watched the Test match for this series at all and have no clue what is going on, but I can safely say 'NO!' to the above (Justcrazy).

By the way, did Sachin get his hundred yet or what? :sachin

Back on topic Sehwag is starting to look more assured after a streaky start. Hopefully he can capitalise now that he's settled

Players like Sehwag need some good luck on away tours. He is the kind of player who chases wide balls and when the bounce is there, he tends to play uppish shots and gets out.

In Subcontinent, Sehwag does not need much luck due to lack of bounce. Most of his shots don't go too high in the air.

I have not watched the Test match for this series at all and have no clue what is going on, but I can safely say 'NO!' to the above (Justcrazy).

By the way, did Sachin get his hundred yet or what? :sachin

Didnt you hear ? He got 2 100's...

bold..

Good cowlashing and entertaining knock from Viru though, comes to an end on 62. India 2/80

What the heck Sehwag!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stupidest way of getting out!!!!!!!! :facepalm:

Sehwag gets out in stupid ways. It's part and parcel of the entertainment he generates and the runs he scores. Warner is the same

The Biryani is nicely getting warmed up now ..Lets finally all witness Tindu get his century shall we.

Come on Tinda do it for your fans...You know you want to.

Sehwag did another Afridi today? Let's how many Indians bash him for that!!!!

Last chance for Tendy to finish off his Australian experience with his 100th 100 in front of his Australian fans. Will we see him on Australian shores again?

Sachin Tendulkar in possibly his last Test innings in Australia. The god features in his what looks like to be last innings he would ever play in Australia in Test Cricket.

when the ball is up in the air and when commies say ponting is underneath it i'll never get nervous abt a drop. In the last few years i've seen him dropping just sehwag in 2nd test.

Lol at Lyon's expressions after the wicket.

Had Ishant got that, he would have sledged the batsman all the way back to the dressing room.

Ram: "Can the 2 creaking terminators come up with one big match saving stand?"
(cricinfo )

In a weird way I would be thrilled if they manage it.

Two incredible legends deserve a better exist than the one they are most likely to get...

Tendulkar playing his 188 test Match ....... he will become the first man to play 200 test Matches.... that is mind blogging

I wonder what my Indian friends will follow in test matches away, if tendu gets his hunderd today as they rate his century more than winning a test match.

Yep - and absolutely not what was required from a captain on this pitch in the fourth inning.

He scores all his runs like that... That is how he plays... There is no sticking around with Sehwag.

God gave him the bat and he will swing it merrily until he gets out.

He scores all his runs like that... That is how he plays... There is no sticking around with Sehwag.

God gave him the bat and he will swing it merrily until he gets out.

Excuses excuses.

Last time he came out here he did not bat like that. He was aggressive sure. This tour he has just swung wildly with no care for anything.

That 50 runs did nothing at all for his team's cause, he might as well have scored a duck for all the use it is.

I wonder what my Indian friends will follow in test matches away, if tendu gets his hunderd today as they rate his century more than winning a test match.

At least me and my friends don't care about his records. We only care about winning.

Its the media that creates so much hype about everything in India. When you have hundreds of news channels in India competing for viewership, it happens. They look for all sorts of masala news and show them in microscope.

Anyways records only look good after retirement. Just something to look at daily in the trophy case. Thats all.

Excuses excuses.

Last time he came out here he did not bat like that. He was aggressive sure. This tour he has just swung wildly with no care for anything.

That 50 runs did nothing at all for his team's cause, he might as well have scored a duck for all the use it is.

Well show some respect , he took 53 balls out of the game, which means India have 53 lesser balls to face to fight for a draw my friend. Think positive.

So the next in the line of departures as we farewell Sehwag with a series average of 24.75.

RA gives Sehwag a 3/10 for this tour. See ya FTB!

Excuses excuses.

At that time, he was playing for his place in the team. Now he is assured of his place. His offense is his best defense.

If you see Sehwag blocking 6 consecutive balls, that means he is going to get out.

GM all..

same old story :facepalm:
i am sure media broadcasters paid Clarke to extend the game till 5th day :13:

lol @ Sehwag's shot, reminds me of Afridi's shot against India in the World Cup semifinal.

So India get to use DRS again for Dravid's wicket. Thankfully DRS shows Harris did not overstep. 3/100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back