Australia v India | 4th Test | Adelaide | Jan 24-28, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realized yesterday that cricindia commentators are sachinists, the way they started writing about sachin's batting, even his 2s and 1s were getting paragraphs and compliments, none were written while Australia were batting. Those idiots deserve this

They are ridiculously biased and have been for years. The whole site is.

Someone commented on cricinfo

Something wrong with cricinfo, whenever i log in, pointing and Clarke are batting lol
Something like that

100 up for AUS, clarke will probably try to declare with a lead of 500. Pitch isn't flat so might as well take his time I guess.

Run rate 5 per over this morning. They are bleeding runs.

And guess what they cant use the traditional Indian tactic of slowing down the game :D

Malcolm Yadav gets Pup.

Situation is tailor made for Brad Haddin slog fest under no pressure whatsoever.

427 ahead now, rocketing along. Nobody from PP following, if I didnt hate India so much I wouldn't bother following this either.....

It's because it's not worth wasting your sleep over this Indian team which is worser than Bangladesh and when the match had already been decided in the first few dozen overs of the first day.

Last edited:
No point wasting time here, should slog some quick runs and declare at lunch.

Indian team needs to use Super Active complete man to perform better in future... :D

Attachments

• s.jpg
    s.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Maybe the Aussies should declare with Lunch closing in, put Gambhir and Sehwag in with 20 or so minutes to go before the break.

Always tends to put pressure on batsmen when they have to come out for those tricky little sessions. Not that I suppose Gambhir or Sehwag would survive for long whenever they had to go out lol.

Hussey OUT!

Looks like they will be batting on though. Would have liked to see them put India in, but I guess they are fairly confident that they will have enough time to bowl them out by batting this entire session out.

The MIGHTY AND TALL ISHANT takes his 5th wicket for the series.

Wow he is unlucky eh? :D

Going at 1.25 wickets per Test on (as GG says) "green tops"

The MIGHTY AND TALL ISHANT takes his 5th wicket for the series.

Wow he is unlucky eh? :D

Going at 1.25 wickets per Test on (as GG says) "green tops"

he is actually lucky that he was born in india, if he was born outside India would have never got to play more than 5 test matches.

what a sad umpire (Chucker )Dharmasena is making decision when he knows there is no referral system.

Highly incompetent.

So looking at the replays looks like Pup and Hussey were thiefed out? Doesn't matter anyway.

He has played 40+ Tests. It is safe to say the guy is a dud.

Sami had pace, swing, bounce.......

Fast bowlers who can bowl 140+ are a rare species in India.

Ishant will be given more chances in the future.. Unless some unknown guy out of the blue comes in and takes Ishan't place, he will be selected.

Age is on his side. He reminds of a young Srinath. Pacy and erratic. It took Srinath close to 6yrs before he started becoming a very good bowler.

Ishant has the height, pace and bounce....

I am sure he will get better.. He is only 23. Very young.

If that was the case then every crap bowler who debuted at 20 would be a world beater when he turns 30. Doesn't work like that, I don't think he has ever bowled any match winning/ match winning spells against a decent team in his whole career.

Fast bowlers who can bowl 140+ are a rare species in India.

Ishant will be given more chances in the future.. Unless some unknown guy out of the blue comes in and takes Ishan't place, he will be selected.

Age is on his side. He reminds of a young Srinath. Pacy and erratic. It took Srinath close to 6yrs before he started becoming a very good bowler.

If you don't learn anything in 45 Tests better soak your brain in kerosine and burn it.

If that was the case then every crap bowler who debuted at 20 would be a world beater when he turns 30. Doesn't work like that, I don't think he has ever bowled any match winning/ match winning spells against a decent team in his whole career.

Who is saying that Ishant will be a world beater??

India would be lucky if Ishant can be as good as Srinath.

You can hate all you want, Ishant will be in the Indian Test Squad in future. I can bet on it. BCCI has enough faith in him.

You can hate all you want, Ishant will be in the Indian Test Squad in future. I can bet on it. BCCI has enough faith in him

lol, I think the only people who don't want Ishant to be in the Indian team are Indians themselves. I am sure every team facing India would be loving the prospect of facing the TALL and MIGHTY Ishant.

You can hate all you want, Ishant will be in the Indian Test Squad in future. I can bet on it. BCCI has enough faith in him.

Ishant is a crap bowler, was one and will be forever! :) no offence

Ishant as good as Srinath? Oh lord.

No kidding India would be lucky, that's like Ed Cowan turning into Matthew Hayden.

Ishant as good as Srinath? Oh lord.

No kidding India would be lucky, that's like Ed Cowan turning into Matthew Hayden.

Srinath was terrible in the first few years too. Very erratic.

I am not saying that Ishant will be as good as him. Just the potential is there and the pace is there.

Ishant is erratic and now low in confidence.

Why do you guys blow everything out of proportion?

I am not saying that Ishant will be as good as him. Just the potential is there and the pace is there.

He has played 40+ Tests and averages more than 35. He is no youngster starting his career, he is most likely 50% through his career. For all the pace, bounce, unlucky etc, he just isnt good enough at this level.

The thing about potential is that it means it hasn't happened yet. Back in 2008 Ishant had a lot of potential, but four years on he hasn't really moved his game forward. He still has all the attributes he had back then - height, bounce, occasionally he moves the ball off the seam, but he hasn't really moved on as a bowler.

His biggest problem is his inability to control his line and length and hit the same area of the pitch six times in a row. He doesn't move the ball enough to justify spraying it all over the pitch. He uses the bouncer too often and bowls short way too often. Needs to bowl a fuller length just outside offstump to keep making the batsmen play.

There has to be some improvement to justify the potential, and it eventually has to be backed up by results. If the BCCI really think he is the future of Indian bowling they need to get in his ear and teach him how to bowl intelligently and with control.

Gambhir :facepalm:

Excellent delivery... Difference between Aus and Indian bowlers. Sticking to line and length with good pace.

Good to see some aggression from Clarke, giving Dharmasena (sp?) a real telling off for wanting to check if that was a legal delivery.

Also seemed incredibly annoyed at Haddin when he declared!

The angry dwarf leaves Australian shores with an average of 22 and serious questions over his ability to handle bounce. He will be angry.....

Gambhir, RA gives you 2 out 10 for the tour.

Sehwag isn't inspiring much confidence at the moment either.

Most if not all his boundaries so far have come off pretty streaky shots!

Sehwag isn't inspiring much confidence at the moment either.

Most if not all his boundaries so far have come off pretty streaky shots!

He is not going to survive playing defense.

Better go down swinging the sword. Thats how he plays and has always played.

RUBBISH, he finished the series in SA facing Morkel & STeyn with an Avg of 60, he has no issues with the bounce or pace he is just out of form....

I was thinkign the same. Gambhir has been out of form for a while now.

Time for Sehwag, Gambhir to go back to domestic cricket.

^ Fair enough, but am not sure if that will work

The best can adjust their approach to suit the situation. But this is a pretty hopeless situation so perhaps being aggressive is the only option.

Just played a great shot. Lets see what happens!

Edit: Was referring to your post before on Sehwag AI

RUBBISH, he finished the series in SA facing Morkel & STeyn with an Avg of 60, he has no issues with the bounce or pace he is just out of form....

RUBBISH go back and watch his dismissals this series. Always rising ball getting him with the bounce.

The angry dwarf leaves Australian shores with an average of 22 and serious questions over his ability to handle bounce. He will be angry.....

I'm sorry, but this just sent me into epileptic fits and caused my hernia to rupture.

The angry dwarf. :))

As good as the 'sexual predator' call about Dilshan.

Last edited:
When I said to everyone in earshot that India will lose the first test match by 6 innings, I was laughed at for exaggerating.

I meant it. They have yet to recover from that, and continue to get pummelled.

Errr right, so how did he avg 60 against the greatest fast bowler or the modern time at their house ??

Lol are you trying to defend his ability against the rising ball? For real?

To be honest, he looks like he took lessons from a bloke named Suresh, such has been his form against the shorter ball.

He never attacks it, he hardly evades it with any conviction, ends up poking at it for a non-existent run and gets caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back