Australia v Pakistan | 1st Test - Day 3 | MCG | 28/12/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

saeed-sohail

Senior T20I Player
Runs
Biggest day of this series for pakistan. Umar akmal Misbah and Kamran akmal stand up for your country in hour of need.

Last edited by a moderator:
saeed-sohail said:
Biggest day of this series for pakistan. Umar akmal Misbah and Kamran akmal stand up for your country in hour of need.

Basically, out of three batsmen, two of them are still out there to fight the survival battle.

First session will decide the match. One of Umar or Kamran need to score a big century. I have absolutely no hope for Misbah, he will eat 70 balls and score 15 if he is lucky. I'm hoping Aamer can hit a 50 as well.

We need to score around 350 if we want a chance to draw the match!

The remaining batsmen have to bat the whole day to give Pakistan even a remote possibility of saving the game.

If Aamer is still there at lunch with Umar then I would be really pleased. We need Umar, Misbah and Kamran to stand up and be counted today.
Go on boys. Do it for Pakistan!

Another 150 odd to save the follow on. Misbah might get a supporting 30, but its the aggressive Akmal's who will decide Pakistan's fate. Pakistan need a hundred from one of them and they have both already shown they can do it when backs against the wall.

Balle balle my first pakistan match thread. No need to worry guys get ready for a hundred by misbah ul haq.
Pak 372 all out
Aus 37/2 close of play day 3.

I think Akmal will play much better today without yousaf at the other end. You got the feeling yesterday he was not sure whether to play his shots just incase he got a talking to from yousaf. Hope he plays his natural game attack is the best form of defence cant afford to let the bowlers settle.

The only reason I'll be tuning in today is to watch a good knock from the Akmal brothers.

On_the_up said:

when you have aggressiv batsman of test cricket like butt and bhanja in the top order then should say thanks to God for atleast maintaining RR of over 2

There is a good 70% chance of a follow on... I hope I am wrong.

Last edited:
Uncle Sam said:

thats if you are in the last over of the day, where as i think yesterday it was second to last over, so australia didnt bowl one over, well i dont know lol, they run out of time i suppose for the last over

WithLoveFromCanada said:
conditions are currently overcast (source - cricfino) - bad news for Pakistan.

its same as yesterday, humid and clouds

Uncle Sam said:

I don't think we'll follow on, however we will concede a lead of 140+

Off topic but where the heck is the "Younis Khan called by team management" thread? Has it been deleted because it was in valid?

Free Hit said:
its same as yesterday, humid and clouds

yeah watson will start and he will start reverse swinging from word GO!

very crucial 30 min for Pakistan, we somehow need to get the shine out of the ball!

saeed-sohail said:
Balle balle my first pakistan match thread. No need to worry guys get ready for a hundred by misbah ul haq.
Pak 372 all out
hundred from misbah would take atleast 2 days.

I think we'll see Umar and Aamer last us until lunch

Umar 77*
Aamer 29*

Pak 4/194

Inswinger said:
Off topic but where the heck is the "Younis Khan called by team management" thread? Has it been deleted because it was in valid?

Might have been false news. I put on Geo super and there was nothing about it... :ibutt

On_the_up said:
Sure why not. We have 16 more wkts left to do so.

100-4
200-8
300-12
400-16
500-20

Pak leads by 46 runs, aus come out to bat on 4th day after tea, and win by 10 wickets :afridi

harisj said:
First session will decide the match. One of Umar or Kamran need to score a big century. I have absolutely no hope for Misbah, he will eat 70 balls and score 15 if he is lucky. I'm hoping Aamer can hit a 50 as well.

We need to score around 350 if we want a chance to draw the match!

You know what? For some reason I think Misbah is going to score a century today!

saeed-sohail said:
Pak 372 all out

saeed-sohail tumare mun main ghee shakar aur moti choor ladoo :akhtar

shane said:
You know what? For some reason I think Misbah is going to score a century today!

There is no chance he does that. He reminds of Abdul Razzaq...either full slog or full defensive mode (atleast Razzaq could slog properly :p) He doesn't know how to rotate the strike and thats going to get him nowhere in Australia.

WithLoveFromCanada said:
hahahaha i am your fan man
You can either let these situations depress you or use humour as a medicine. Been there, done that, etc as far as the former is concerned.

On_the_up said:
You can either let these situations depress you or use humour as a medicine. Been there, done that, etc as far as the former is concerned.

my laugh was just an excuse man :(

Im really hoping and have a feeling that today insahllah the Akmal bros will have a nice good partnership and i have some hope from Aamir and Umar

shane said:
Insha Allah but I fear if that happens you will wake up later.

Can Umar Akmal put on a show for us? He was brilliant in the time he was out there. He took it to the Aussies and that's how all of our guys should be batting.

Misbah will have to perform... it's a must.

i think the akmals have something special instore today.....people stay positive, if these batsmen who are remaining play with their heads, then we have a chance of getting to 400 inshallah.....

If Umar Akmal scores a century today then i wanna give him this:

Attachments

• gift.jpg
    gift.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 140
this is what i predict:

Akmal bros put a partnership of 150+
then Kami gets out and Misbah and Umer get us the lead of around 80..
then Umer gets out and Misbah and Aamer hit several 6's/4's to get us a lead around 130
then Misbah gets out and Rauf scores 30 some runs, Asif gets out on 0 and Ajmal and Aamer then finally put on a show for us till one of them gets out.....

by lunch tomorrow Australia will need somewhere near 250 to win...

lol

Truth?

This game could be all over today.

Wrapped up in 3 days.

Shoaib Akhtar's Fan said:
I would love to see Misbah come back to form. And there can't be a better ocassion for him to perform.
we would all love to see him perform

btw, his name means "chiraagh"/ oil lamp, the purpose of which is to glow....and give light, lets hope he lives up to the meaning of his name and shine just as bright

kashif77 said:
Will we make it to day 4 ?

oo yeh boy, why wont we, the lead would be 199 in the first innings for aus, so they have to get it upto 400 and then pak batting so day 4 is on- only in this cirumstance

amar1212 said:
this is what i predict:

then Umer gets out and Misbah and Aamer hit several 6's/4's to get us a lead around 130
then Misbah gets out and Rauf scores 30 some runs, Asif gets out on 0 and Ajmal and Aamer then finally put on a show for us till one of them gets out.....

lol

If Akmal bros are batting, wouldn't Aamer be out by that time, or will he be allowed to come back?

cricket_fever said:
i think the akmals have something special instore today.....people stay positive, if these batsmen who are remaining play with their heads, then we have a chance of getting to 400 inshallah.....
Yup,we have two recognized batsmen at the crease atm.Although theres only one batter left i-e :akmal,but I am pretty hopeful that :umarakmal,:aamir and :akmal would put up a decent total and take us beyond that follow-on mark.And if we could get some runs from the tailenders like :misbah and A.Rauf ,then it'll be a bonus.

amar1212 said:
this is what i predict:

lol

bald-head-painted-hair.jpg

Seen Sheen said:
Yup,we have two recognized batsmen at the crease atm.Although theres only one batter left i-e :akmal,but I am pretty hopeful that :umarakmal,:aamir and :akmal would put up a decent total and take us beyond that follow-on mark.And if we could get some runs from the tailenders like :misbah and A.Rauf ,then it'll be a bonus.
yup

Chuffed said:
If Akmal bros are batting, wouldn't Aamer be out by that time, or will he be allowed to come back?
ohh lol i forgot that aamer is batting before kami and misbah lol :))

ajmal to score 100 :yk

i cant believe it we are leaving the burden and responsibility on 2 young guns, who have played less than 10 tests and are 17 and 19 years old. now i dearly miss inzamam younis and yousuf middle order

Attachments

• 935809-australia-v-pakistan-at-the-mcg.jpg
    935809-australia-v-pakistan-at-the-mcg.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Seen Sheen said:

I can tell you this now, Aamer will be out after about half an hour's play. Reality, Fact, Truth, call it what you want......

The Ozzies have a thinking captain, not a dunce like our :moyo

amar1212 said:
ohh lol i forgot that aamer is batting before kami and misbah lol :))

You never know. If Aamer is retired hurt, he might come back later. Your scenario still stands.

Free Hit said:
ajmal to score 100 :yk

i cant believe it we are leaving the burden and responsibility on 2 young guns, who have played less than 10 tests and are 17 and 19 years old. now i dearly miss inzamam younis and yousuf middle order
Never underestimate the potential of youth

Chuffed said:
I can tell you this now, Aamer will be out after about half an hour's play. Reality, Fact, Truth, call it what you want......

The Ozzies have a thinking captain, not a dunce like our :moyo
Ok,then tell me how Dale Steyn got 76 against Oz last year at MCG? :13:

cricket_fever said:
Never underestimate the potential of youth

I would never under estimate our youth, i would be happy if we loose playing a team which is full of young guns than misbah and co, but when our leadership is of a great great great grand dad :inti then the youth is considered as bachay(fawad) an misbah as their youth

We could play this test as an ODI from day to day. Scoring at 5 rpo, picking singles in the gap, boundaries every 2nd or 3rd over. Our batsmen are binomial: either score well and fast, or not much.

Seen Sheen said:
Ok,then tell me how Dale Steyn got 76 against Oz last year at MCG? :13:

Can't really answer that. Didn't watch the test or can even recall it being played. But it probably had a lot to do with a good pep talk from his captain or the guy partnering him at the crease.

cricket_fever said:
You do have big hope from Akmal brothers. Hope you are right:)

Guys who ever thought that the 2 pakistanis appearing in the Pakpassion Banner would be batting? Inshallah i hope they will put up an awesome partnership, and save us. Both will score a lot of runs. Akmals and Aamir to the resque!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back