Australia v Pakistan | 5th ODI | Perth | 31/01/2010 | Pak Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

prakash

Debutant
Joined
Sep 30, 2008
Runs
242
http://www.cricinfo.com/ausvpak09/content/current/story/446328.html

Stats and trivia

•Pakistan have lost eight of their last ten ODIs.

Cameron White has scored just eight runs less than Pakistan's entire top three in the series.

•Friday's win was Australia's first over Pakistan in an ODI at Perth.


Form guide (Most recent first)

Australia: WWWWW
Pakistan: LLLLL


_____end cricinfo_______________________________

<pre>
ODI White Butt Akmal Khan
1 105 72 34 46
2 55 2 16 0
3 28 34 1 12
4 44 0 17 6

Total 232 108 68 64
</pre>


I have a feeling Pakistan will win the 5th ODI
 
Last edited:
Pakistan top 3 = Butt, Karman and Younis.

Not a big achievement.
 
prakash said:
http://www.cricinfo.com/ausvpak09/content/current/story/446328.html

Stats and trivia

Pakistan have lost eight of their last ten ODIs.

•Cameron White has scored just eight runs less than Pakistan's entire top three in the series.

•Friday's win was Australia's first over Pakistan in an ODI at Perth.


Form guide (Most recent first)

Australia: WWWWW
Pakistan:LLL LL



in the 2 ODI's that pakistan won, imran nazir was opening.
 
salman butt was denied a certain century,he was looking in great form.
 
<pre>
ODI White Butt Akmal Khan
1 105 72 34 46
2 55 2 16 0
3 28 34 1 12
4 44 0 17 6

Total 232 108 68 64
</pre>
 
Xohaib said:
salman butt was denied a certain century,he was looking in great form.
he got out on 99? our players always look good only to give it away
 
IM NOT YOU said:
in the 2 ODI's that pakistan won, imran nazir was opening.

So basically we won because of Nazir? :13:
 
Sledger said:
Pakistan top 3 = Butt, Karman and Younis.

Not a big achievement.

Exactly, our number 3 is pretty much a tail-ender when it comes to ODI batting.
 
He will probably over take them tomorrow
 
Amjid Javed said:
So basically we won because of Nazir? :13:
yes!!! because you know he hits the big SIXERS! even if he gets out for 15 off 7 balls, he sets a POSITIVE tone!!
 
Australia v Pakistan | 5th ODI | Perth | 31/01/2010

Pakistan desperate to avoid whitewash

Sunday, January 31
Start time 12:30pm (04:30 GMT)

Matches: Australia v Pakistan at Perth
Series/Tournaments: Pakistan tour of Australia
Teams: Australia | Pakistan


Big Picture

Avoiding humiliation is probably as great a motivator as anything and it is only the thought of preventing the second-ever 5-0 whitewash in their history that will spur Pakistan to seek their first win of a long and increasingly arduous tour. That the first came under the captaincy of Imran Khan, against West Indies in 1988, will be of little consolation.

Mohammad Yousuf's men have cut sorry, disparate figures as the tour has progressed since the Sydney Test. They were expected to put up a fight in the ODIs and though they have been in most of the games at various stages, 4-0 remains an accurate reflection of the gulf in class. Their batting has been shaky; only three fifties through the series and the middle order giants - the two Y's - have a paltry 145 runs between them.

Mohammad Asif apart, their bowling has missed as much as it has hit. Umar Gul is horrendously out of sorts; Rana Naved-ul-Hasan has been committed as ever, yet still gone for well over six an over. The death overs are a mess. Most damagingly, the spinners have been neutralised. Shahid Afridi and Saeed Ajmal have been picked off for five runs an over each and have seven wickets to show between them. Yousuf talks of the team having improved under him, but a more delusional assessment is not possible.

By contrast, Australia are shining and they haven't even played Mitchell Johnson yet. They've used three new-ball pairings and all are among the wickets. Ryan Harris has two consecutive five-fors, Clint McKay is taking wickets and Shane Watson, who has been rested for the Perth ODIs, still has more wickets than any Pakistani bowler.

Five of their top six have scored at least one fifty, they have the series' only century and even Nathan Hauritz joined the fun in the fourth ODI. The only blot is, of course, the ongoing concern over the captain's form. Ricky Ponting has struggled through the ODI series, with only 70 runs; as opposed to the Tests, he hasn't looked comfortable in any of the games.

But then it would be entirely in keeping with the Australian way for the captain to find form in the last game and lead his side to a whitewash.

Form guide (Most recent first)

Australia: WWWWW
Pakistan: LLLLL


Watch out for...

Ryan Harris is Australia's man of the moment, having picked up two five-fors in two games and yet he still might not make the cut for the last game, such is Australia's strength in depth. Mitchell Johnson is expected to make a return but if Harris does play, there is little wrong he can do with the ball at the moment. Who would bet against him becoming only the second man to take three five-fors in a row after Waqar Younis?

One of the few bright spots on this tour for Pakistan - and that too with qualifications - has been Umar Akmal. It says much for the paucity of their batting strength that he has looked their best, most comfortable batsman every time he has walked to the crease and mostly he has done it with his side in trouble. He hasn't had the best luck in the ODIs and hasn't yet kicked on to a significantly big score, but there remains a sense that a big score is coming.


Team news

In keeping with their policy through the series, Australia are likely to bring in Mitchell Johnson in place of the one of their pacemen. The question is who would you drop though? Peter Siddle is likely to be rested after he suffered a sore back at the start of the series and the selectors have called up Shaun Tait as cover.

Australia (probable): 1 Shaun Marsh, 2 Brad Haddin (wk), 3 Ricky Ponting (capt), 4 Michael Clarke, 5 Cameron White, 6 Michael Hussey, 7 James Hopes, 8 Peter Siddle/Mitchell Johnson, 9 Nathan Hauritz, 10 Ryan Harris, 11 Clint McKay.

Pakistan called up Khalid Latif for the ODI series but have yet to play him, despite encouraging results in the last three games he played for them against New Zealand. Kamran Akmal's form with the bat as opener hasn't been great and Sarfraz Ahmed is there as a replacement, so logic would suggest such a change. But this is Pakistan, so it isn't likely.

Pakistan (probable): 1 Salman Butt, 2 Kamran Akmal (wk), 3 Younis Khan, 4 Mohammad Yousuf (capt), 5 Umar Akmal, 6 Fawad Alam, 7 Shahid Afridi, 8 Rana Naved-ul-Hasan, 9 Rao Iftikhar Anjum, 10 Mohammad Asif, 11 Saeed Ajmal.


Pitch and conditions

The pitch won't change too much from Friday night, but the conditions will be friendlier on the ground. A sunny day is expected but the maximum is a considerably cooler 30C.


Stats and trivia

Pakistan have lost eight of their last ten ODIs.

Cameron White has scored just eight runs less than Pakistan's entire top three in the series.

Friday's win was Australia's first over Pakistan in an ODI at Perth.


Quotes

"The boys have been there and have done such a great job over the last two or three years. If the boys say to me on Sunday have a rest, then have a rest. That doesn't really bother me. I look long term and think that if I keep bowling well then I'll make them pick me, make myself be the frontline bowler. But that's probably a little way off."
Harris talks like a man who has taken ten wickets in his last two games.

"Today I am thinking about sending [him] to No. 3 or 4. If he charges early on maybe we have a good chance. But we had a chat with the coach and he said no, keep going with same batting line-up. I think maybe it can work."
Yousuf was planning to send Shahid Afridi higher up the order in the chase on Friday but the idea was vetoed by the coach Intikhab Alam.
 
Last edited:
Sohaib-789 said:
Hoping to see a good result ...


for the Aussies :p

whitewash :D

Looks difficult again for Pakistan but if they apply some tactics and plan can work in their favor.
 
cricketpassion said:
Salam Shoaib Please dont say that , I am praying we can avoid whitewash. :afridi

dont worry cricketpassion its looks this will happend
 
you guys dont understand the technical skill and extravegent mastery of Pakistan when it comes to cricket. They are TRYING to lose in the most technically sophisticated viewpoint, far beknownst to man. The level of mass skill and strategy required to be able to snick balls at will, drop catches in a believable fashion and miss runout attempts by INCHES, that on PURPOSE, takes immense control in terms of throwing, fielding, and bowling overall.
They managed to make it 4-0 and really aussies are the ones getting the thrashing.
 
Shezada said:
you guys dont understand the technical skill and extravegent mastery of Pakistan when it comes to cricket. They are TRYING to lose in the most technically sophisticated viewpoint, far beknownst to man. The level of mass skill and strategy required to be able to snick balls at will, drop catches in a believable fashion and miss runout attempts by INCHES, that on PURPOSE, takes immense control in terms of throwing, fielding, and bowling overall.
They managed to make it 4-0 and really aussies are the ones getting the thrashing.

so what your point? which is you miss!
 
cricketpassion said:
Salam Shoaib Please dont say that , I am praying we can avoid whitewash. :afridi

So that :moyo and :inti can stay?

I won't be harsh on you, due to your avatar. :p
 
Shezada said:
Pakistan are winning in their viewpoint of things

Or they win when they were in mode........when they not in mode they dont.......... more then mody team no!
 
cricketpassion said:
Salam Shoaib Please dont say that , I am praying we can avoid whitewash. :afridi

No my friend i want this team to get hammered.
And after the series some drastic changes taking place.
 
It look like I will be only one supporting Pakistan today .All PP'S have become Aussie fans :(

but I doubt if yousaf and Inti will stay even we win tomorrow.
 
Last edited:
Itni maar parne ki baad bhi sharam nai aty tum logon ko. :)))

Good luck to Pakistan, please get a win.
 
Australia deserve whitewash against Pakistan after so much hard work this summer. For Pakistan hammerd is the only deserve for them!
 
Zechariah said:
Itni maar parne ki baad bhi sharam nai aty tum logon ko. :)))

Good luck to Pakistan, please get a win.

Players deserve a blame with their poor display! so thats is happening
 
Last edited:
Sohaib-789 said:
Hoping to see a good result ...


for the Aussies :p

whitewash :D

Come on Sohaib bhai dont be one of them :) Yousuf will get repaced after this series insahllah the damage is done might aswell get one win under our belts
 
Zechariah said:
Itni maar parne ki baad bhi sharam nai aty tum logon ko. :)))

Good luck to Pakistan, please get a win.


:))) :))) :))) :)))

Sharam aur :moyo

We have played well than any Pakistani team that has ever played down under. I'm in fantastic form just not getting the runs. We're an inexperienced side with young players. :butt :akmal :yk :moyo
 
TalhaSyed said:
Come on Sohaib bhai dont be one of them :) Yousuf will get repaced after this series insahllah the damage is done might aswell get one win under our belts

Yaar what sort of conselation will that be? iv been supporting pakistan through the bad and good days but atm this team seems to be going no where which is really heart breaking to watch. those nights have gone where i used to wake up at 4:00am to watch test matches. The entire cricketing population in pakistan is suffering due to this. when will this punishment stop when will pakistan become the pakistan they were. Scoring 500+ runs in the 1st innings of a test match. When will those days return atm it looks like not soon enough.
 
Afridi_Fan said:
:))) :))) :))) :)))

Sharam aur :moyo

We have played well than any Pakistani team that has ever played down under. I'm in fantastic form just not getting the runs. We're an inexperienced side with young players. :butt :akmal :yk :moyo


its the weed asif gave him

/quote
 
I would like Pakistan to bat first for a change. That's when they came up with the best batting performance.
 
Can't wait for the match its 5th ODI and this is decider for pakistan whether we are able to win a game against AUS or not. Go pakistan GO
Go Moyo Go home :D
 
Afridi_Fan said:
Sharam aur

We have played well than any Pakistani team that has ever played down under. I'm in fantastic form just not getting the runs. We're an inexperienced side with young players.

:)))
I love it how our delusional fans say our batting line up is crap and Aussie bowlers are crap.

I mean we still have :moyo :butt :malik :yk :afridi :akmal

Crap line up I say.

I think before it used to be

same thing + :inzi

What a difference right?

We are just getting owned in Australia because we have no confidence and also thanks to our amazing captain.
 
Yousuf's last match as Pakistan captain :yahoo











:( he made us lose 3-0 and now possibly 5-0
 
MoYo : "Only Imran Khan and I have achieved a ODI whitewash.. the team has done very well with me in charge."
 
I hope it is 5-0 if we end up scoring 300 and bowl aus for 150 knowing how the pcb works we will be become world beaters all of a sudden! We need another good hiding to get the message across once and for all.
 
TaZ said:
MoYo : "Only Imran Khan and I have achieved a ODI whitewash.. the team has done very well with me in charge."

Well, Imran was one of the best captains in the country so I suppose it can be a good thing :D
 
Sohaib-789 said:
Yaar what sort of conselation will that be? iv been supporting pakistan through the bad and good days but atm this team seems to be going no where which is really heart breaking to watch. those nights have gone where i used to wake up at 4:00am to watch test matches. The entire cricketing population in pakistan is suffering due to this. when will this punishment stop when will pakistan become the pakistan they were. Scoring 500+ runs in the 1st innings of a test match. When will those days return atm it looks like not soon enough.

Well the 500+ runs aint gonna come till we go back to Pakistan :p haha but seriously speaking haarney se kya hoga might aswell go for a win insahllah after this series afridi will take over...kick thge trash out...unite the players who are playing for the country instead of themselfs and lead from the front :) as pak fans we have seen dark days bhai burra hora hai laikin inshallah jaldi acha hoga aure hum ooper jayenge thanks to Boom Boom & Co. :D
 
I hope Afridi is leading in this Odi, inshallah if we win then it shows that an aggressive captain is much better that that defensive luloo :moyo .

Butt and Farhat to open, I have supoorted makeshift openers for a long time, but since we have 2 openers sitting on there backside, at least make use of one of them.
 
Do you guys think you are more depressed than the boys showing up to play, come on,,if you really believe they are playing to loose then i am afraid no use debating.
Who is with me on this, Jeetay ga bhai jeetay gaaa..Pakistan Jeetay gaaa.

Always supporting the team no matter what the result is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
If we are chasing more than 250= lose.

If Aus is chasing less than 275= lose.
 
choclate said:
Do you guys think you are more depressed than the boys showing up to play, come on,,if you really believe they are playing to loose then i am afraid no use debating.
Who is with me on this, Jeetay ga bhai jeetay gaaa..Pakistan Jeetay gaaa.

Always supporting the team no matter what the result is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i hope so................... :(
 
choclate said:
Do you guys think you are more depressed than the boys showing up to play, come on,,if you really believe they are playing to loose then i am afraid no use debating.
Who is with me on this, Jeetay ga bhai jeetay gaaa..Pakistan Jeetay gaaa.

Always supporting the team no matter what the result is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where were u for the past 4 matches ? :ajmal
 
choclate said:
Do you guys think you are more depressed than the boys showing up to play, come on,,if you really believe they are playing to loose then i am afraid no use debating.
Who is with me on this, Jeetay ga bhai jeetay gaaa..Pakistan Jeetay gaaa.

Always supporting the team no matter what the result is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm with you on that one. For some reason, some fans seriously think that they are going through more hell than these players. They're probably really depressed as well.
 
No team is playing to lose. But the way they are playing they can't win. When you play against a team like the aussies you have to take the game to them. They are just playing for survival and just don't know how to win.
 
Inswinger said:
Would love to see Umar and Fawad putting together a strong partnership here.
Omar still needs to learn how to bat through the inning. He could have become a hero had he not thrown his wicket on few occasions.
 
snap_c1.jpg
 
A very good morning Guys. :)

So What time is the match? is it same time as the 4th ODI or earlier?

Come on.. let's support Moyo for this one. Atleast he should end the tour with a win.
 
Garuda said:
A very good morning Guys. :)

So What time is the match? is it same time as the 4th ODI or earlier?

Come on.. let's support Moyo for this one. Atleast he should end the tour with a win.
Same time as 4th ODI
 
Garuda said:
A very good morning Guys. :)

So What time is the match? is it same time as the 4th ODI or earlier?

Come on.. let's support Moyo for this one. Atleast he should end the tour with a win.


1 1/2 hours to the start!

Hope its a close match and rewards all players and all fans with a cracking match!
 
Garuda said:
A very good morning Guys. :)

So What time is the match? is it same time as the 4th ODI or earlier?

Come on.. let's support Moyo for this one. Atleast he should end the tour with a win.
Hello friend, nice to see as always:) I hope we win, but we won't
 
sillyfan said:
1 1/2 hours to the start!

Hope its a close match and rewards all players and all fans with a cracking match!


Sure it will. Aus-Pak, please make my sunday.

You know how much Risk I am taking by watching (Aus-pak) match on a weekend? Especially when wife hates cricket.

So better play well. :po:
 
Garuda said:
Sure it will. Aus-Pak, please make my sunday.

You know how much Risk I am taking by watching (Aus-pak) match on a weekend? Especially when wife hates cricket.

So better play well. :po:

Hoping that from our cricket team at this moment is not fair:))
 
insaaniyat said:
Hoping that from our cricket team at this moment is not fair:))

Umeed pe duniya qayam hai mere bhai. Umeed na chodo.

Aaj Moyo jeetega. :moyo
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top