Australia v South Africa | 5th ODI | Perth | 30/1/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably the most inexperienced odi side that sa have fielded in some time. The future is so bright i have got to wear shades!!!!!

saffer said:
another gone....yaaaaaaawwwwwwn.

I'm not being sarcastic, I just really don't think it's a big deal to beat this aussie team. Very, very mediocre.

Warne, McGrath :batman:

Random Aussie said:
Ah Michael Clarke in, Anwar's 194* in danger.
The power of 'that thread' now just the mention of the name gets a wicket.

Lopsy is bowling well within himself. He is a quickie who can easily reach 145km/h!!!

Keith said:
Lopsy is bowling well within himself. He is a quickie who can easily reach 145km/h!!!

Nerves. He certainly can bowl quickr than is on display today , but he;s doing a decent job.

On the up side morkel is bowling consistantly above 145.

natalia said:
Brett Lee as well.
Looks like Australia really need him at the moment.

You can't mean for bowling...he's rubbish ! Suppose his batting can't be worse than the aussie top order right now, so maybe you are right.

saffer said:
You can't mean for bowling...he's rubbish ! Suppose his batting can't be worse than the aussie top order right now, so maybe you are right.

Lee was a fantastic ODI bowler. Remains to be seen if he comes back.

Lee is a rubbish Test bowler. And I hope he never comes back.

unlucky for warner.

Parnell into the 140's consistanty and he's 19. At age 22 up with some bulk I reckon hes going to be lightning.

Warner run out in unlucky fashion for 22.

Straight drive from Hussey deflected onto the stumps by SA debutant Parnell.

Oz Machine tottering on 53 for 4

And now Warner run out in the unluckiest way.

Ah well, on the bright side we get the number 1 ranking back if we beat NZ. Muhaha.

4/53 after 12.2 overs.

saffer said:
unlucky for warner.

Parnell into the 140's consistanty and he's 19. At age 22 up with some bulk I reckon hes going to be lightning.

Yeah he has got some zip off the pitch.

Yet another good Saffer fast bowling prospect.

Random Aussie said:
And now Warner run out in the unluckiest way.

Ah well, on the bright side we get the number 1 ranking back if we beat NZ. Muhaha.

4/53 after 12.2 overs.

true...last time we too it from you we lost it in a week again anyway. But I'd not be too confident with this current lot of yours and their form.

We stll have botha to come....got the feeling he's going to bowl a doosra or two today.

saffer said:
true...last time we too it from you we lost it in a week again anyway. But I'd not be too confident with this current lot of yours and their form.

We will lose it today, get it back when we beat NZ and then probably lose it again in South Africa.

This Aussie side is rubbish - the worst bit is that it is the experienced players failing with the bat. If it was the young players stuffing up then fine. But it aint.

Random Aussie said:

Bret lee trew the dd one for years , murali does, harbi does m shoaic.....it's our turn to abuse the 15% rule.

Do you admit he;s good though ?

ausse need hundred partership here and they could ave a sniff of getting back into it.

wow...that looked plumb. Someone needs to teach AB to appeal more confidently.

saffer said:
wow...that looked plumb. Someone needs to teach AB to appeal more confidently.

Yes that part of his wicket keeping needs work. Appeal for everything man.

saffer said:
Bret lee trew the dd one for years , murali does, harbi does m shoaic.....it's our turn to abuse the 15% rule.

Do you admit he;s good though ?

Yeah it is sad though.

Aus 72/4 and heading for a 4-1 series defeat.

S.A should have won this series 5-0!

31 off 64 balls for the Hussey brothers.

Oz have a chance of achieving a draw they will feel.

114/4

Req rate going towards 8 now... 22 overs left!

Dave hussey gone to Duminy.. slaps ball straight to Botha

122/5

Good graft here. Dont underestimate the hitting ability of these two guys.

Amjid Javed said:
Dave hussey gone to Duminy.. slaps ball straight to Botha

122/5

What a rubbish knock that was from the chubby Hussey.

Aussies lack a power hitter down the order unless Hopeless becomes the New Hope!

Aussies not even going for a win, quite sad really.

At least go down fighting dammit !

Australia 181/6 (39.0 ov)

Australia require another 108 runs with 4 wickets and 11.0 overs remaining

S.A have out played them all summer!

Botha the chucker gets another. Btw, that Aaron Bird from NSW has been reported for throwing again RA.

Poison said:
Botha the chucker gets another. Btw, that Aaron Bird from NSW has been reported for throwing again RA.

I dont know how Botha is allowed to bowl. Such a chucker

asifp said:
I dont know how Botha is allowed to bowl. Such a chucker

No worse than Murali and he has over 500 damn sticks!!!!

BTW, botha for man of series for me!!!!!

Another one-sided series.Infact most competitive series in recent times has been SL /Bangladesh in the tri series.

Keith said:
No worse than Murali and he has over 500 damn sticks!!!!

BTW, botha for man of series for me!!!!!

Botha has close to a 20+ degree angle on some deliveries. Murali is waaay cleaner.

IronMan2009 said:
Good to have Gilly in the commentary box. He should permanently replace Healy.

Agreed. Besides his usual dribble, Healy has this voice that reminds me of a siren mixed with a blocked noise of a bloody elephant!!!!!

Ouch, great impact there!!! This sa side is playing such good cricket that they have resorted to beating each other!!!!!

This is in contrast to how India reacted to a slightly similar situation. Both Raina and Yousuf stopped on their tracks letting the ball fall in between them. To be fair to Yusuf,at the very end Raina asked Yusuf to stop but for some weird reason Raina let it drop.

Just a cork boys, no need to worry for Albie.

53 needed of 26 balls now...

All down to Haddin!

Well done lopsy!!!! so far, 4 on debut!!!!

parnell, tsotsobe and botha all from PE!!! Gotta love my hometown!!!! Then again, add kallis, boucher and ntini and the warriors franchise has a pretty decent feel about it!!!!

Poison said:
Botha has close to a 20+ degree angle on some deliveries. Murali is waaay cleaner.

Geez buddy!!! I can actually pitcure you in front of the screen with a protractor!!!!!

Australia 246/9 after 48 overs

Haddin gone and its pretty much game over....

Congrats S.A on 4-1 series win!

Well done saffers!!! What a wonderful tour!!! What a wonderful tour down under!!! And to think that many members gave sa no chance in the tests or odi's!!! Most cricket pundits beleived that sa could do it!! What does that say about the mentality of some posters? Perhaps too emotional and not enough thought?????? Who cares hey?? The record books will show what happened!!!!

Enjoy the trip back home tomorrow boys!!! There will be huge crowd awaiting you heros!!!!

PS: Number 1 NUMBER 1!!!!!!!!

Its funny how most people were so excited about the series before it began and how everything just seems like a formality as far as beating Australia is concerned.

Its been a very poor series for the Australians and personally speaking there are no real positives from the series. There has been no outstanding batsman, no outstanding bowler, no outstanding spinner. The South Africans have proved to be too good this series.

Welcome to a new reality Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back