Australia vs Ind | 4th test |Day 5 Adelaide | 28/01/2008

wanted_desi

Tape Ball Star
Runs
Australia vs Ind | 4th test |Day 5 Adelaide | 29/01/2008

India leading by 8 runs, lets see how much can they get? Kumble doesn't look like capitan who would ask Aussies to chase small total

Last edited:
This man playing his last test inning in Australia
2i0ssd1.jpg

from this position, India is the one team which can make it interesting and go on to lose.

wanted_desi said:
This man playing his last test inning in Australia
2i0ssd1.jpg
Sachin..please make it a wonderful innings for your fan. Have fun and make it memorable.

Dravid has hurt his finger and needs painfillers! Just what we needed. From 9 batsmen down to 8?? Help us God, please don't let it be a repeat of last yr. :59:

Last edited:
Dhonifan said:
Dravid has hurt his finger and needs painfillers! Just what we needed. From 9 batsmen down to 8?? Help us God, please don't let it be a repeat of last yr. :59:
was it serious ? or just a drama ? ;-)

siddharth said:
was it serious ? or just a drama ? ;-)

No it's serious, he's not the type to do drama. camera showed swelling. I think he should just retire hurt and come back later if needed rather than getting out.

Dhonifan said:
No it's serious, he's not the type to do drama. camera showed swelling. I think he should just retire hurt and come back later if needed rather than getting out.
Thats true . Otherwise it will affect his concentration .

Damn ,so many injuries :(

I have always noticed whenever some team visits Australia, South Africa or England their main players get injured at wrong time.

Dravid retired hurt..thats good...He can take rest adn come back if required

Not out. Appeal for rebound catch off fielders boot but safe.

Last edited:
Tendu must play the innings of his life today. Aussies are suddenly loooking very dominating even though pitch is still the same. It's just the pressure that India always put themselves in for no reason!!!

siddharth said:
Hmm...so we started to make procedure interesting ... :D

Yeah, watch how we give maiden after maiden with a streaky boundary in between...I think I'll take a break and come back. :6:

Indiagem said:
I find Bret lee's bowling excellent. He is a treat to watch.
Bowled a long spell. Its time for him to retire to the cow's corner and give us some respite.

It is amazing his ability to bowl long spells with sustained fire power and accuracy.

Clarke is going to regret dropping Sehwag at 4.

Its good that Kumble scrapped that catching agreement with Fricky or else Sachin wud have been a goner the first ball and Fricky wud have signalled him also out :))

It is good that Shewag is showing some semblance of form. Especially with the not very experienced one day team that we have this time with youngsters. It’s very young side barring SRT, Veeru, there is no seasoned campaigner.

Its a young team and they MIGHT struggle but its part of team building, and I hope they wont do too bad in the one day series

Ton for Sehwag. Good display of cowlashing there.

and tendu run out by Johnson

according to wasim " Stuart Mitchell is the man " :)))

Yayyyy Nooooo

Just in time to see Viru score 100 and Sachin run out!!! that was a dumb single to take with lunch around the corner

Tendy out for 14, run out. Big wicket.

Now can Hogg get his bunny early?

Poor Tendy fall just 7 runs short of making 500 in this series.

OZGOD said:
Clarke is going to regret dropping Sehwag at 4.

Pakistan team have suffered the full effect of dropping Sehwag. :p . Now OZ is suffering. For all the fielding skills of OZ, they looked really mediocre at times bar hussey, symonds.

Clarke doesn't really field at slip - him and Symmo are usually the best at saving runs in the cover and point areas. He's an excellent fielder, but less so in the slips cordon.

Ozzies bowled 24 overs in the session including 6 overs of spin. Poor going for a team that is aiming to bowl out opposition in a limited amount of time.

I think Dravid's injury took some time.. I would give 3 overs for that. But still they are short.

jusarrived said:
we need to set a target of 200 of 45 ovrs !

That will require 90 in the next 15 overs and then having the guts to gamble. The only way to inject any life in this game is an Indian collapse.

Akram says.. "when i meet shoaib akhtar. we don't discuss cricket. we discuss about partying"

How we aren't seeing all this talk of "2-1 is just as bad as 3-1, we need to go for the win" type deal? Seems to me both teams are content with a draw. I can understand why Australia would be (not that I agree), but why is India not being more urgent?

kablooee87 said:
How we aren't seeing all this talk of "2-1 is just as bad as 3-1, we need to go for the win" type deal? Seems to me both teams are content with a draw. I can understand why Australia would be (not that I agree), but why is India not being more urgent?

India made 96 runs in 24 overs in the morning session.. I think they will go for shots in about 30 mts from now.

jusarrived said:
we need to set a target of 200 of 45 ovrs !
Aussies will chase that down pretty easy. They chased down 160ish in 25 overs against England without breaking a sweat.

It is realistically not possible to set a target of 200 in 45 overs. By the time India gains that kind of lead there will be only about 30 overs left

kablooee87 said:

What do you want them to do - play like a 20/20? You have to first ensure a decent lead of around 150 than go for the shots. I think a target of 250 in 30-35 overs will be a challenge to both teams and sporting.

India should be at least 250 by tea. But even then it will be a draw.

kablooee87 said:
Aussies will chase that down pretty easy. They chased down 160ish in 25 overs against England without breaking a sweat.

I don think its the same here .....if you have a target of 25 ovrs , you know that you cant be bowled out ....but 200 of 45 ovrs you cant go bang bang as early wickets wud mean you wud be batting to save the match ....its 50-50 imo !

Knowing Kumble´s mentality i think he is gonna give aussie a target of 300+ runs in 4 or 5 Overs. :p

jackal786 said:
It is realistically not possible to set a target of 200 in 45 overs. By the time India gains that kind of lead there will be only about 30 overs left

we already hav 120 lead & still 60 ovrs tp play ..... 80 runs of 15 ovrs is realistic !

I take back what I said last night. This game will be a draw. There's no way there's enough time for India to set a target and bowl OZ out.

what the heck is Akram talking about.. who is this stuart mitchell.. Looks like he is convinced his name is stuart mitchell. Combining stuart clark and mitchell johnson.

We need to find some other interest in this game, Now, can Viru get a double.

OZGOD said:
I take back what I said last night. This game will be a draw. There's no way there's enough time for India to set a target and bowl OZ out.

Finally you admit it's a daisy field, not a minefield. :p

gangs out! I defensive play always produces a wkt.

comms are saying this pitch always breaks up at this point. so there might still be a twist in the tale. if India can last till tea or take a lead of at least 220, I reckon we're safe/

PlanetPakistan said:
Sourav is gone- Caught by Mike Hussey

Good to see some sense prevail as field umpires consult 3rd umpire and technology on close catches.

Back