Australia vs Ind | 4th test |Day 5 Adelaide | 28/01/2008

Interesting how the umps have used technology twice today already. it should be a signal for the stubborn ones to follow suit

Dhonifan said:
Interesting how the umps have used technology twice today already. it should be a signal for the stubborn ones to follow suit
IMO it shouldn't be used for low catches- most times the 2 D pics don't provide a good enough evidence. It is a shame that the 2 captains had to discontinue with the agreement about the catches

PlanetPakistan said:
IMO it shouldn't be used for low catches- most times the 2 D pics don't provide a good enough evidence. It is a shame that the 2 captains had to discontinue with the agreement about the catches
I have to disagree with you. I am fine with the way technology was used today. No bad feelings from any one and there would be no reason for anyone to whine. Even the most stupid fans will accept the decision when they see it on replay, if the 3rd umpire makes the correct decision. I am referrign to the symonds decision in Sydney where 3rd umpire acted like a idiot, even the channel 9 commies were of the opinion that it was a valid stumping.

Kudos to the umpires for doing that today. I hope it will set the precedent.

Last edited:
Indiagem said:
I have to disagree with you. I am fine with the way technology was used today. No bad feelings from any one and there would be no reason for anyone to whine. Even the most stupid fans will accept the decision when they see it on replay, if the 3rd umpire makes the correct decision. I am referrign to the symonds decision in Sydney where 3rd umpire acted like a idiot, even the channel 9 commies were of the opinion that it was a valid stumping.

Kudos to the umpires for doing that today. I hope it will set the precedent.
It worked well today but it wont always work.

50 overs left - laxman gone :(
India trying their best to lose or make a draw exciting

aus played to save the game and score more than us! we are now on the verge of giving away the wicket, thats sucks, we are born lossers when it comes to playing out second inining or playing on last day..with as good pitch as the current one.

damn what is it with laxman and the ball bouncing into him? he should watch videos of gvaskar leaving such balls against much better bowling on pacier pitches

Sachin chokes yet again! India is trying its best to pull out defeat from the jaws of a draw. go india go.

IND need to bat for another 20 overs to be safe. Shouldn't be a problem but day 5 is known for some comedy cricket.

Dravid will bat if necessary. They're awaiting the report. It's suspected that it's a hairline fracture

only 48 overs left. we should play minimum 20 overs + 4 overs for changeover. That means only 24 overs left. I think there is only one result left in the match and that is a draw.

bones20 said:
Sachin chokes yet again! India is trying its best to pull out defeat from the jaws of a draw. go india go.
he got run out dude...it was just bad luck but stupid on his part to go for a run

Don't worry guys the game is safe. Every one needs to last 30 balls each. The top batsmen have achieved that feat. Now if the lower order can follow the example!

Did you guys notice when Dhoni got hit on the shoulder. the guy just didn’t move. There was another time he got hit there on the first ball of the day.. and no reaction at all.

Very stoic. No reaction. All the milk that he is drinking is making him strong

Why are the Indians playing for a draw when they are down 2-1 in the series. Does not make any sense!!!!!

Dhoni, Yuvraj and Laxman as well as Pathan cannot play short pitched bowling or bouncers !!!!!

CricketBuff said:
Dhoni, Yuvraj and Laxman as well as Pathan cannot play short pitched bowling or bouncers !!!!!
Yuvraj is just reluctant to play the hook shot. Laxman is a bit heavy footed while Dhoni isn't much of a test batsman yet.

I think 2-1 is better than 3-1.

About 3-1, the record books would say that the Indians were thrashed down under!

Only interest one may have in game now is- will Gilly get another chance to bat today?

I think we lost the plot in the first innings. A 600 plus score was there for the taking if we had played a little carefully. If we had scored 650 or so, it would have put far greater pressure on aussies

Indiagem said:
I think we lost the plot in the first innings. A 600 plus score was there for the taking if we had played a little carefully. If we had scored 650 or so, it would have put far greater pressure on aussies

... and if Clarke had held Sehwag's catch yes'day match might have been over by now... :D

OK time for me to go back and do some voodoo by stickng needles in my Pouting/Lee/Symonds dolls and cutting a oniion and some chillies and putting it in the ground. :))

Indiagem said:
OK time for me to go back and do some voodoo by stickng needles in my Pouting/Lee/Symonds dolls and cutting a oniion and some chillies and putting it in the ground. :))

Too late. By the time you get your chat ready umpires will lift the bails.

Here is the match situation - there are no easy runs on offer and the loss of one more wicket exposes the tail before tea.. And there are two batters who are hors de combat.

Lee is bowling a peach of a spell… Play out time for a bit and then attack.. Attacking right now plays into the Aussie hands..

moumotta said:
Too late. By the time you get your chat ready umpires will lift the bails.
Ok cutting of onions/chillies not required. I will just stick the damn needles into them.

I'm feeling sad this series is ending. wish we had another test match! but not on an adelaide pitch puhleeze

Sehwag him self did not have a great reputation in 2nd innings but he has fought his demons and looked the safest of all bats in this innings. Without him it would have been a repeat of Sydney.

How I wish we had included him in Melbourne and Sydney. Oh hind sight!

moumotta said:
Sehwag him self did not have a great reputation in 2nd innings but he has fought his demons and looked the safest of all bats in this innings. Without him it would have been a repeat of Sydney.

How I wish we had included him in Melbourne and Sydney. Oh hind sight!

Two things would have happened. He would have bowled really well. He would have clicked atleast in one of the innings.

Pathan and Sehwag were both kept out of the team and would not have got a show-in if things had gone to plan.

They have both given outstanding performances with Pathan the man of match in Perth and Sehwag the most obvious MoM in this match. It says something about the inadequacies of the selection think tank. It also shows that going in a test match with no preparation games where players could show their form and adaptability to Australia is a big mistake.

India should try to score 60 runs in 10 overs and give Oz target of 250 in 30 overs...
but then can we bowl Oz out in 30 overs, assuming Hayden might hold one end :D

purplehaze said:
India should try to score 60 runs in 10 overs and give Oz target of 250 in 30 overs...
but then can we bowl Oz out in 30 overs, assuming Hayden might hold one end :D
I frankly dont think India should declare.....there is no way we are going to bowl Australia out in 40 overs.........it is not even worth trying in this wicket.............you will see that only two wickets have been taken in 2 sessions by bowlers.............SRT was run out........there is nothing in the pitch for bowlers.....only thing we can do is bat till the end and make Australia toil the whole day without much reward.........Dreaming is one thing and accepting reality is another

Dhoni trying to force the pace... yup..giving them 30 overs is fair enough...for 200 odd... Gilchrist would open with hayden.

Symonds is hitting the rough and getting the ball to do a bit...wonder what kumble can make of this?...

In this series, we need to notice something..........despite Lee bowling the peach spells of his life, we didnt allow him to run riot...............i dont think he got a fiver in the series..........that is saying a lot about our batsmen

Not even zimbabwe will be bowled out in 30 overs.. here May be Bangladesh can do. So Sehwag should focus on getting 200 and get this over with.

Indiagem said:
In this series, we need to notice something..........despite Lee bowling the peach spells of his life, we didnt allow him to run riot...............i dont think he got a fiver in the series..........that is saying a lot about our batsmen

Lee was pretty unlucky on a number of occasions....he went past the outside edge so many times..on a good day..all of those deliveries would've been wicket-taking ones...

Luck certainly played a part...

So should India declare or they shouldn't? I feel they should- just to give fans a chance to see Gilly bat for the last time, result of-course is out of equation now...

jackal786 said:
Not even zimbabwe will be bowled out in 30 overs.. here May be Bangladesh can do. So Sehwag should focus on getting 200 and get this over with.

another 5 overs more before kumble declares i think... start pinch hitting guys!!

Last edited:
Lee really worked hard.. bent his back.. He never had the talent to run through the line up at any point of his career if i am right. He is a sort of bowler who can pick wickets by persisting aggression. His fitness is the key.

Dhoni didn't make single 50 in whole series, and still forced Dravid and Dada to be dropped from ODI team,

this is ridiculous… you know.. the way dhoni has batted.. and he played a major role in chucking seniors out of the team..

can this tribal prince play anywhere outside the featherbeds in India?

Looks like India will bat out till stumps.

Indiagem said:
this is ridiculous… you know.. the way dhoni has batted.. and he played a major role in chucking seniors out of the team..

can this tribal prince play anywhere outside the featherbeds in India?

dude..he was trying to force the pace..they aren't trying to save the match....don't forget he held an end up during all those times that our batting collapsed...might not have the stats to show.. but was a fair performance

jackal786 said:
Lee really worked hard.. bent his back.. He never had the talent to run through the line up at any point of his career if i am right. He is a sort of bowler who can pick wickets by persisting aggression. His fitness is the key.

I wrote off Lee last year as I thought he was a useless no-hoper. My main issue with him was that he was a brainless bowler who had no variation and didn't try to out-think a batsman. But I have to admit he has been more mature this year and has taken on the role of leader of a young attack well. I still don't think he's all that talented but he has worked hard to improve.

Ditch everything
I want Sehwag to score a rapid fire double now, that would leave a really great feeling in the team.

Lee has taken over the mantle from mc.grath... gr8 line and length through-out the series..
Plus at an outstanding pace too... He's been the only real "threat" throughout the series...

I really wonder why these two countries don't play a 5 test series, another match from here would have been fantastic!

aussies have taken some great catches - hussey’s was a great catch and now hayden

If not for Shewag and Clarke, we should have lost this match, fair and square.

C'mon kumble..don't be a dud!!..make a match out of it..instead of a draw!!

Declare already!!!!!

In the last 3 tests, Lee must have bowled more overs than any other seamer from both sides. he is shouldering a very big burden. the australian physio should be commended for Lee maintaining such stamina, to bowl long spell with out losing the aggression and pace, match after match. lee used to break down earlier but now, he is much more fit despite being 31+.

hope the subcontinental back up teams picks up some much needed "preservation" of pacers before the bowlers break down again.

Sehwag gets 150

India’s approach to the game is enough for me to hit the bottle here!

:20:
Kumble lost a truck load of captaincy points in this test..

1) allowed so many singles in the Oz first innings..
2) Doesn't trust his bowlers to defend 200 odd in 30 overs..

I don't see the point of a declaration. India can't bowl out Australia. There are only two possibilities if we declare and only one if we don't. Why create a situation in which you have to struggle for some thing that you already have in your pocket.

moumotta said:
I don't see the point of a declaration. India can't bowl out Australia. There are only two possibilities if we declare and only one if we don't. Why create a situation in which you have to struggle for some thing that you already have in your pocket.

Agreed.
However, I want declaration around 15 overs mark just to see Gilly bat one last time in test!

Actually pitch has nothing in it. But the pressure of saving Test got to every other player except Sehwag. Players like him will be useful under tremendously pressure situations.

moumotta said:

You are right.. There is not in the hell India is going to bowl OZ out in 20 odd overs. Why risking an injury for our bowlers.

so, the series is practically over with Aussies winning 2-1. whom would you pick as MoM and MoS? my prediction is,
Man of the match - Sehwag
Man of the series - Hayden or Lee

Sehwag and Hayden would be my choice. Symonds for MOS if they want to make a statement but unlikely.

if ozzies do bat again i wonder if ponting will send gilli to open ?

Just saw Gilly coaxing Sharma to have a go over midwicket..

"See how short the boundary is there..have a go mate.."..LoL

Back