Australia vs Ind | 4th test |Day 5 Adelaide | 28/01/2008

Congrats to Australian for winning it by 2-1. Overall, I think they marginally played a better cricket than Indians. However, Indians would look back at this series with heads high. Victory at Perth will surely be discussed and set as an inspiration for long long time...

All and all Cricket was victorious the way it was played, and a looser as well to see one of it's finest gladiator, Adam Gilchrist, bidding adieu to arena!

Time to switch on to pop-corn version of the game....

Yup. Australians. played better slightly. Indians competed well. Overall it was a good series even for neutral fans i guess.

Gilchrist says Ashes still is the bigger challenge for Ozs than the indians.... Must be the history involved with the trophy

Did sehwag already tell them "don't give me MOM .. but give it to Tendulkar" before?

Isnt it strange. A team 2 - 1 up was criticised for not playing aggressively when 500 runs behind. And today a team 2 - 1 down did not even think of pushing for a victory...did not even try...ha ha

Megadeth said:
Gilchrist says Ashes still is the bigger challenge for Ozs than the indians.... Must be the history involved with the trophy

Yes - the Ashes means a lot to us from 100 years of cricket.

India Tests are getting there though, need India to win a few series.

inzidabest said:
Isnt it strange. A team 2 - 1 up was criticised for not playing aggressively when 500 runs behind. And today a team 2 - 1 down did not even think of pushing for a victory...did not even try...ha ha
So you start from proclaiming a 4-0 victory to the Aussies, and then reach a stage where you complain we weren't aggressive enough being 2-1 down ???

Quite a come down, isnt it ?? :))

Lets see what pakistan do in their home series ;-)

dont think pak would do much, aussies will be the ones who'd be doing it all lol

invincible said:
So you start from proclaiming a 4-0 victory to the Aussies, and then reach a stage where you complain we weren't aggressive enough being 2-1 down ???

Quite a come down, isnt it ?? :))

Lets see what pakistan do in their home series ;-)

no. well playe there to India to bring it down to 2-1. Congrats though if it pleases Indian fans...However I would like to ask people who were criticising Australia on day 3.
As for me, Australia won the series. India lost. :)))

We played good but we lost is a losers statement :)))

Pakistan will lose the series to Australia...no doubt in that

inzidabest said:
no. well playe there to India to bring it down to 2-1. Congrats though if it pleases Indian fans...However I would like to ask people who were criticising Australia on day 3.

Hmmm, u seem to have a very short memory.
if u can recall, v had a discussion before the series started and following was the statement posted by u, Mr.Genius,

"......................yes it is between Ind and Aus...differennce is daylight...."

now, i hope u have seen for yourself the Day light in this series, which was not 0-4 as you predicted, so drink some hot coffee and get well soon!all the best.

inzidabest said:

Actually.. Sehwag was the one who questioned their motives. He well and truly dominated their bowling. Unfortunately others just folded. Until Dhoni's wicket India's run rate was well over 3. In Australia's case there was absolutely no intent even when they were 150 for no loss. Look at Sehwag's strike rate, Tendulkar's first innings strike rate and some of the Australians strike rate.

Sehwag's statement was more to rile up the ozzies... i think more than anything else. Some kind of desperation.

Good series overall. Sets up the October tour to India as a mouthwatering clash - already looking forward to that one.

Rajan said:
Hmmm, u seem to have a very short memory.
if u can recall, v had a discussion before the series started and following was the statement posted by u, Mr.Genius,

"......................yes it is between Ind and Aus...differennce is daylight...."

now, i hope u have seen for yourself the Day light in this series, which was not 0-4 as you predicted, so drink some hot coffee and get well soon!all the best.

well you see 2-1 is still a series loss and the difference is still day light...India have lost to Australia both at home and away.
But if you still feel there is some credit...well I bow down and congratulate you for losing 2 -1...Enjoy with fosters..

inzidabest said:
difference is still day light...QUOTE]

C'mon!.."daylight" really??... It was the most evenly contested series aussies have played in a long time... "difference is going to be daylight" later in the yr when Aussies take on the "mighty pakistan" :)))

Back