Australia vs India | 1st Test | MCG | 26/12/11 | Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter Siddle is better at playing the new ball than certain established batsman it has to be said.

Siddle>most of our batters in terms of application

Handy partnership, Haddin finally growing a brain!

Erasmus is not showing any partiality

Last edited:
its not fun watching cricket without a few bad decisions ..Why are some hell bent on changing it is beyond me .

Indian bowlers are not good enough to utilize helpful conditions

The DRS is useful, but the issue is surely being overdone here. The comments of some of the posters makes you feel that in the pre technology era every match was controlled by the financially sounder cricket board ( which was England and Australia back then) by buying umpires and that we should treat every past test result with skepticism. Much less it is said about the era of home umpires, the better.

iPhone 4 updating to iOS 5. Apparently very common problem but Apple not interested in warning or helping or retaining customers. I hope they go bankrupt.

I saw the Hussey one but meh, sometimes that's the way it goes. I just felt for Cowan because i wanted him to get a debut hundred. But hey there is no doubt if you hit it in the middle of the bat.

I've been avoiding updating to iOS5 for that very reason.

Somewhere on an Indian forum someone will be posting Haddin is a cheat for not walking.

Man that was funny :D

pak bowling would have nailed aussies on given condition and of aussie cricket, we all remember sydney test 2010...

Come back fresh tomorrow and clean them up , overall we are still a touch ahead at this stage

Looks like whole indian population in india is on the ground

India would be coming tomorrow, they would be happy to nail Australia under 350 here. They have to be happy, cannot do better

Australia will score 350 tomorrow. Going to be an interesting match if Indian batting sticks to its reputation

indians are generally bothered by the swing+bounce. there is some swing with the new ball though not england-like swing. the bounce is slightly disconcerting. but nothing "lethal" like the cape town pitch or even hobart. so should be a good test match.

Australia shading it with this partnership, first hour tomorrow will be key.

If the Indians can run through them then they'd be in the driving seat.

So disappointed with Sharma. He couldn't even hit the 143k's mark consistently. Wouldn't be surprised if he continues this form and Varun replaces him.

Hard to draw too many conclusions from that day, India would be very happy with that performance first up in a Test series, given their history. I thought the bowling was talented but inconsistent, there were times they looked quite lethal and times where it looked pedestrian.
Pleasing to see both quicks still bowling fast at the end. The trundler did his damage in the middle.

For us, 6/277 is a decent effort by our current standards. Ponting and Clarke got good balls, Warner and Marsh went out the traditional Aussie way attacking. Cowan and Hussey were robbed so hard to judge them.

The problem is even if we get to 350 it doesnt look that great when you look at the Indian batting and how nice this pitch will be to bat on the next couple of days. Still, slight edge to India I would say. If these teams had no history you would call it even.

Hard to draw too many conclusions from that day, India would be very happy with that performance first up in a Test series, given their history. I thought the bowling was talented but inconsistent, there were times they looked quite lethal and times where it looked pedestrian.
Pleasing to see both quicks still bowling fast at the end. The trundler did his damage in the middle.

For us, 6/277 is a decent effort by our current standards. Ponting and Clarke got good balls, Warner and Marsh went out the traditional Aussie way attacking. Cowan and Hussey were robbed so hard to judge them.

The problem is even if we get to 350 it doesnt look that great when you look at the Indian batting and how nice this pitch will be to bat on the next couple of days. Still, slight edge to India I would say. If these teams had no history you would call it even.

Its a pretty bouncy track, I havent seen this much bounce in the G during the last 5 odd years...

So disappointed with Sharma. He couldn't even hit the 143k's mark consistently. Wouldn't be surprised if he continues this form and Varun replaces him.

Just saw his figures or saw him bowl as well? He bowled some absolute peaches.

He has been bowling good since WI series but just not getting wickets.

I was only there for a couple hours but the atmosphere was incredible.

The F was wrong with Ponting at the start, falling all over the place.

Glad to see no injured bowler on Day1. Better result than I hoped for in Day1.

277/6 v indian bowling attack on day 1 of 1st test.........id be very disappointed :warne

so disappointed with sharma. He couldn't even hit the 143k's mark consistently. Wouldn't be surprised if he continues this form and varun replaces him.

fastest 146,aveerage 143 dunno how much u watched

decent by australia, but really too many got starts to not go on to make a big score

Reckon Australia have the advantage, as I think they'll get comfortably over three hundred which is defendable on this sort of pitch.

Good even days of Test cricket but Australia lost some cheap wickets, plus there were a couple of dubious decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back