Australia vs India | 1st Test | MCG | 26/12/11 | Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way Aus innings is shaping up, will Cowan be the last man standing and carry his bat with a ton on debut. Was this ever done before? Any stats guru out there?

quite possible..
troll seems to be immoveable

Hussey thiefed out! OZ going to do it tough to get 350 now.

khan to hussey, out, hussey gets another blob! He's been bumped out. I don't think he edged that. There's no udrs. Utter brute of a delivery from zaheer, bounded up from a length and snorted past hussey who was on the hop trying to get out of harm's way. He did, too. The ball brushed his sleeve on the way to dhoni. India went up in appeal, so did erasmus' finger.

:13:

I really, really, really hope that Cowan nicks one on 99*, glaringly loud, and Erasmus gives it not out.

Man, these are the sorts of moments that keep Tests alive. What an effort bay old-boy Zak.

Shortly after this ends, we have SL vs. SA. Oh we are being spoiled!

Lol at Tony Greig: "No wonder India don't want the UDRS"

Expect Tony to be persona non grata in India tomorrow.

Now i dearly want a controversy and BCCI's stance of no use of DRS/Hotspot be forced to change. Certainly wont mind both those technologies be inducted midway through the tour.

Damn! the ball was no where near the body.
Get these stupid decisions thrown out of the matches!

But now i also want to see the reaction of the aussies.. who so dearly deem ump as the final authority and keep glued to the crease and keep waiting for the umps to give them out.

No wonder India don't want DRS!

They have obviously been practicing their synchronised appealing ahead of this match knowing full well that if they fool the umpire then it's game over for the batsman.

This is EXACTLY the type of howler that DRS was introduced to address.

The only positive from that hussey dismissal is the potential for Greig to take his trolling to the next level

"That is why UDRS is such an integral part of this game. Errors have just begin to come , let's see how many wrong decisions Indians will have to face when they come to bat." Hope they take it with a smile, Uzair.

( cricinfo)

The BCCI are so right about the UDRS. Not implementing it prevents so many mistakes. :facepalm:

That decision against Hussey could have a monumental impact on the outcome of this game and we're just on day 1.

How ironic is that Hussay woudl've been given not out had AUS was playing against any other team than India.

I don't understand why Zaheer is going around the wicket to cowan

Listening to Star Cricket, Ravi and Sourav talked about the fact that this was a wrong decision for total of roughly 5 seconds.

Shastri blabbering his non sense.

Btw.. where is Tony commentating ?
I am on Star Cricket HD feed .. which channel is tony hogging ?

if you actually look at the last series India played here at Aus. ... you would think it has be BCCI the first one the line supporting DRS, but they still don't!

One should wonder why and think a little why they don't support the system.

lol at Shastari.. he couldn't even defend umpire vs technology argument..lol

shastri talking useless he always does .. cry baby
worst then russell

I think aussies are to blame themselves for few of those wickets. :))

Very well played cowan seems a safe bet.

And shasthri is horrible in the box going on about how umpires life is difficult and all that. Tony is on the other end , both are horrible commies. Even gangly isn't calling a spade a spade.

if you actually look at the last series India played here at Aus. ... you would think it has be BCCI the first one the line supporting DRS, but they still don't!

One should wonder why and think a little why they don't support the system.

I still believe using the technology will decrease the incorrect decisions ratio as compare to not having it at all. i would rather have 20% wrong decision than 50% .

Hussey's decision should have been easily reversed by asking 3rd umpire. There was enough evidence there. There was no need of DRS.

Hmm, the snicko shows nothing, the sound came a bit after the "edge" in real time, nothing on hotspot.

if u dont have DRS Then have aleem uncle :zaka

Last edited:
Erasmus you failure, you better make this up by giving Sehwag and Tendulkar out for golden ducks. How dare you possibly have ruined a century on debut for Cowan after what looked like a not out?

Hussey's decision should have been easily reversed by asking 3rd umpire. There was enough evidence there. There was no need of DRS.

I am not saying using DRS. i am saying referring it to the 3rd umpire. DRS or not but reviewing it by the third umpire should be a must

Oh dear,

Cowan didn't hit it either!

We will just have to suck it up and overcome. If we can scrape to 300 I think the quicks will fancy bowling on this wicket.

Nope he did hit It. Hotspot did not pick it up

Snicko didn't either, and realtime didn't as well. And he looked like he was bemused that it was given. Looked not out total.

Yah Haddin, you're crap, but if you can take out Khan, you'll have done your job.

bakwass commentators Star always bring these
no energy

wasim ,chappel, shastri , ganguly

need to have some one like morrison , rameez , tony

I'm watching star and they're yet to show the snicko feed

Watching the Australian one, they'll show everything to prove that he isn't out if they have a case. The commies agree, but they're Aussie.

Cowan really got an edge! If this software-hardware combo can't pick it up ... that is exact reason why DRS is not favored by many.

Watching the Australian one, they'll show everything to prove that he isn't out if they have a case. The commies agree, but they're Aussie.

Yeah I get it. Star hardly talks about these dismissals. Too much to ask for neutral commies.cowan looked pretty out to me the first time. Unlike hussey's. I might be wrong.

Ashwin ripping it nicely being a number eight himself he should be pretty pissed if he lets siddle get away. Very irritating.

It pretty obvious, bcci buys the umpires now to make sure they get results in their favour. For that they have to oppose drs. Pathetic to say the least.

Super stat from S Rajesh: Since Jan 2008, Hussey has as many Test ducks as Chris Martin - 12. Mr. Cricket bats like the Phantom.

:13:

Yeah I get it. Star hardly talks about these dismissals. Too much to ask for neutral commies.cowan looked pretty out to me the first time. Unlike hussey's. I might be wrong.

neutral commies.. bloody hell.. have some shame mate. its one thing playing with 13 men and another acting as if you dont know whats goin on

the star commentary team is on the bcci payroll and cant get enough of the BCCI's behind

I guess chappel is warned not to talk about using DRS or any other technology during his commentary on start plus :facepalm:. I never liked BCCI before but now i just can't stand them at all. :pissed:

does anybody has any other link beside start plus? i just can not stand Shastri and co

Cowan really got an edge! If this software-hardware combo can't pick it up ... that is exact reason why DRS is not favored by many.

No he didn't edge it.

The technology is not perfect but it's still good enough to stop these howlers.
DRS is favored by almost everyone - the only "many" not favouring it are many Indian fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back