Australia vs India | 1st Test | MCG | 26/12/11 | Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since everyone has been talking about Yadav's pace, i'd like to ask what ramge has he bowled at ?

what i learned about ed cowan today
- he went to private school
- its very rare for a private school kid to play cricket
- he likes the following food:
1. cous cous
2. beet root
3. feather salad
4. roast turkey for him once he comes back to the pavilion
- he likes skiing

i hope i didnt miss anything. these are all very intricate and relevant details that all cricket viewers must remember and pay attention to while wathcing the cricket. riveting stuff.

His favorite dish is his mums lamb roast.

Then Healy pipes in, "The Lords lamb roast tastes the best". Effing dimwit

Channel 9 Commentary :facepalm:

Oh that's harsh, nothing wrong with knowing that. We don't listen to commentators to hear Shastri say "oh he's hit that well, for a DLF maximum", we watch them for the flavor they bring. Why not enjoy finding out more about our players? Most of us armchair pundits can analyze as much as the commentators. Its the banter in the box, the tidbits they bring up, that makes it worth it.

I don't understand what Yadav has. He looks like another Sami, with a lot less pace and swing :))

Yadav started the series with an average of 21. Its already approaching 24.

:)))

Malcolm Yadav......he sucks. Phaast bowler right? :))

I watched him bowl in India/WI series and he bowled very well. I will give him some time before criticising him. His first game outside India, give him some time.

You can find bowlers like Yadev playing Gali cricket in Pakistan

It will be fantastic to watch some of them to play for Pakistan rather than watching some of the trundlers Pakistan has right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
First time I watched Warner. His approach is similar to Shehwag. I think he just need to bit more selective with shot selections though.

I will be rooting for Ponting to make a good score. One of a favourite player of mine.

1. cous cous
2. beet root
3. feather salad
- he likes skiing

i hope i didnt miss anything. these are all very intricate and relevant details that all cricket viewers must remember and pay attention to while wathcing the cricket. riveting stuff.

These are actually quite interesting. Don't know what the facepalm is for.

u shudnt get worked up at what the people say about a good prospect

but to label paks bowling as trundlers is not right

wahab , gul and junaid all bowl at around 140 and hit 90 mph

1. cous cous
2. beet root
3. feather salad
- he likes skiing

I'd rather hear this than Ganguly say gems like 'That was a good delivery', 'Warner looking to score quickly' as if it wouldn't have been had he not said it.

Rain is saving Aussies from Yadav's fireworks, Dhoni should have continued with Yadav, he was troubling Punter, hit him in the helmet first ball, his bouncers were hard to cope for all batsmen.

It will be fantastic to watch some of them to play for Pakistan rather than watching some of the trundlers Pakistan has right now.

Is there a need to be concerned about how a player look?

And who are those trundlers you are talking about

And who are those trundlers you are talking about

My comment was more to do with comparing average speed of all Pakistani's fast bowlers in Sri lankan teat series with average speed of Yadav in equally dead wickets in India. Yadav was bowling at 142-144 KMH for the whole test.

All Pakistani bowlers were much below that if you take the average speed, that's why my comment. I am sure that Pakistan has better bowlers than current lot who can bowl at good speed even at dead wickets but we don't have anyone playing in eleven rigth now.

why criticize him all people can see his talent potential who said he is complete now?
just wait for his nerve to settle down yadav will only get better
good come back by him

These two teams have produced very good cricket in last 10-15 years when playing against each other. Hope to see some good cricket.

u shudnt get worked up at what the people say about a good prospect

but to label paks bowling as trundlers is not right

wahab , gul and junaid all bowl at around 140 and hit 90 mph

Wahab can bowl at 140 consistently.

so can Yadav

But neither does Junaid or Gul(didnt see them bowl that in SL series)

Umesh Yadav vs James Pattinson will be a hit thread here :butt

Pattinson looked bit better to me. Anyway, it's good to see some bowlers who can keep the pace for extended period. Too early for both of them though. Aus and India, both can destroy them by over bowling.

Last edited:
pattinson is little better form looks of it i agree
but those were diff tracks diff conditions
if he bowls better then yadav here then he is better simple..
good days for pace fanatics like me after dark days (amir getting banned :( )

Khwaja is far more talented than Cowan and also has recent experience of coming in early in tough conditions, doing fairly well. Strange move by Aus selectors. Cowan looks very nervous and could fall before lunch.

Its not a strange move at all, Usman has not made enough runs.

For all the talk of Cowan and his strike rate, Usman has been batting at that pace for his whole Test career.

Simple answer is Usman is number three and Marsh is the incumbent. Marsh comes back, Usman goes out. Hughes goes out, Cowan in.
The decision wasnt Cowan or Khawaja.

Malcolm Yadav looked pathetic in his first over but credit to him has settled and bowled pretty well. I called him too early.

Only if Zaheer had sepnd the time on his fitness rather than worring about his new hair style

When ponting was not inform.... He was unable to play pull... But now he is started to play pull... Like an old ponting... Bad signs for indians... Comon ponting bring it on...

Consistently in the low 90s by Yadav, but not accurate anymore

When Cowan plays his shots he looks like Hayden, when he is defensive he looks like Justin Langer

I understand why ur supporting England! :D

I always support number 1 team, I supported India in 1st test vs England but as England slowly snatched number 1, I changed sides. I support only number 1 :butt But wull support pakistan in odis because of one man :afridi In test Pakistan have no star players

Last edited:
Cowan is a good player! He waits for the bad delieveries! A sign of a good batsman who gives importance to his wicket!

I always support number 1 team, I supported India in 1st test vs England but as England slowly snatched number 1, I changed sides. I support only number 1 :butt But wull support pakistan in odis because of one man :afridi In test Pakistan have no star players

lol the worst kind of sports fan

yeah that sucks. Commentators are constantly commentating on the speed of the bowlers but star is not showing

may be indian didn't want them because so they can call yadav the fastest bowler... Of the world... Thats the only reason i beleive

As I said earlier just what the Bunny needed a gingerly Indian bowling attack, think its a far little too late though he career is just about over..

this shows the fall in grace of ponting

90000 supporters applauding a fifty whereas only a few years ago his hundreds would not get such reception as they were so common

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back