Australia vs India | 1st Test | MCG | 26/12/11 | Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ponting looks at his determined & gritty best, doesn't necessarily mean he's batting good though!! In his prime he would have eaten into these Indian medium pacers!!

Punter v India always a treat to watch. Ishant will play a game of chess with him here.

Great cricket

Yadav naturally brings the ball in, if he can develop an outswinger he will
be lethal at this pace

Every time Ponting works off his pads he looks like he'll fall down. A few more overs Ponting should get into his groove!!

Cowan 7 off 42. Yadav looks impressive - good sharp bowling this.

Cowan has the temperament but not sure he has the talent.

But unlike the other two he is still out there.

Stupid by Dhoni to bowl Sharma, Yadav is troubling with his pace and bouncers he needs Zaheer's experience to get them out.

This Cowan guy has zero leg side play, which is bread and butter for most left handed batsman

Khwaja is far more talented than Cowan and also has recent experience of coming in early in tough conditions, doing fairly well. Strange move by Aus selectors. Cowan looks very nervous and could fall before lunch.

Ponting needs to bat much further out the crease to Zaheer and let the umpire know, his pace won't trouble him at all.

Bat outside your crease Punter, the only way Zaheer will get him is LBW

It is very unfortunate for Ishant to not get a wicket. He bowled better than Zak and Yadav.

Last edited:
Seriously Zaheer SUCKS,,, Shelf HIM he is exactly what the Bunny needs to get back into form..

Good all-round show from both teams so far!

Warner promised a lot in his innings, but alas he fell!

Advice for all young fast bowlers- 'If you're ****, make yourself look good by disguising the ball as you're running in'.

It has been a good first session to the series. I am dispointed to see Marsh going for a duck, he is a very important player for Australia.
I hope Ponting plays well.

what i learned about ed cowan today
- he went to private school
- its very rare for a private school kid to play cricket
- he likes the following food:
1. cous cous
2. beet root
3. feather salad
4. roast turkey for him once he comes back to the pavilion
- he likes skiing

i hope i didnt miss anything. these are all very intricate and relevant details that all cricket viewers must remember and pay attention to while wathcing the cricket. riveting stuff.

His favorite dish is his mums lamb roast.

Then Healy pipes in, "The Lords lamb roast tastes the best". Effing dimwit

Channel 9 Commentary :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back