Australia vs India | 2nd Test | Perth | Dec 14-18, 2018 | Day 2 Thread

This is India’s session and both these two look set for daddy tons. Innings defeat coming for Aussies :warne

Even if they put 100 more runs it will be 170 and if both get out then India won't get more than 250. Aus just need to take 6 wickets and not 10.

Even if they put 100 more runs it will be 170 and if both get out then India won't get more than 250. Aus just need to take 6 wickets and not 10.

Kohli will break records and score a double ton if not triple, he has it in his eyes. Kohli alone will score 250

Kohli will break records and score a double ton if not triple, he has it in his eyes. Kohli alone will score 250

Easier said than done, but if he scores big then India will have a chance.

Easier said than done, but if he scores big then India will have a chance.

It will take other countries two more decades to produce a player like Kohli. India is blessed to have this living legend playing for them. First Indian player who is a superstar. Aanedo :kohli

He will man, be positive. This Australian Team doesn’t have confidence to tackle the young aggressive Team India

Lyon is so much better than Ashwin. The revs, turn, drift and bounce he gets is miles ahead of Ashwin.

Aus is bowling well here. Giving nothing away. Just need to pick one wicket here.

It's putting pressure on Kohli at the other end too.

Millennia since the last boundary.

What pressure?

It’s not an odi match and very few tests end up in draws. It’s all about getting the runs, it doesn’t matter how long it takes.

That was a good knock by Pujara, he tired out Aussie attack now send in Pant and Save us from boredom for a few minutes

I am quite sure india will lose this match ,but its gonna be a nailbiting match for sure.

Rahane batting like he wants to get to 20 quickly.

Rahane doesn’t look classy at all, only class batsmen that I like watching are Kohli and Rohit Sharma. Pure Class

Rahane's approach might just work out here.

Batting like Sehwag at the moment.

India looking positive here , runs will matter here . Quick partnerships will put Aussies under pressure

Has this pitch flattened up?

Nothing happening for the bowlers.

113/3 . Commies said yesterday that pitch will quicken considerably on day 2 & 3 . I do not see that though i been dozing mostly .
Looks like we will get to 275 & if that happens , this could be a close one .

One of them needs to get a 100 you would think...

Subbu: "Pujara makes a 24 in 103 balls. Rahane makes this 23 at a strike rate of 104."

Australian experts thought the match was over if they got 320-330 . I wonder if they are having 2nd thoughts now .

Even when Ponting used to leave balls in test he used to do it in style. Kohli’s leaves are class too

"Hazlewood bowled a huge no ball last ball that wasn't called"

"Chris Gaffaney might have been told because he went and checked the front line"

Useless umpires. Just in there to watch the game. ::J

"Hazlewood bowled a huge no ball last ball that wasn't called"

"Chris Gaffaney might have been told because he went and checked the front line"

Useless umpires. Just in there to watch the game. ::J

He has to stand for 90 overs, there are humans too. Stop being so cranky :sehwag

Didn't seem to worry umpires from 15 years ago. Last I checked, they were humans as well.

15 years ago technology wasn’t this advanced. This one no ball won’t make a difference. Be positive and stop crying over a no ball :Symonds

15 years ago technology wasn’t this advanced. This one no ball won’t make a difference. Be positive and stop crying over a no ball :Symonds

What has calling a bowler for overstepping a line got to do with "technology being advanced"?

What has calling a bowler for overstepping a line got to do with "technology being advanced"?

You said 15 years ago? A lot of umpires missed noballs during those 15 years and was just not caught on camera. It’s not as if they caught every single no ball and this is the first noball which was missed by an umpire. Give a break to umpires man

India are going to take a lead 50+ run lead, there's nothing in this pitch.

I don't want to wake up tomorrow to see the score at 200/7.

That's all.

Our day I'd say.

But we need to carry on with it tomorrow.

Should look to bat all day and score 400 ideally.

Match is well balanced after Day 2. Day 3 should be fun.

Excellent day for India.It could've been lot worse.India needs to get around 325.

India’s day in the end.

They ticked the first job by holding Australia to below 350 score.

9/10 Indians would have gladly taken being 172/3 by the end of the day with two set batsmen in crease if they were given such an option.

If these two can bat another session India will be aiming to take a 50+ runs lead realistically.

Kohli should give him a solid kick on his back and throw him out of the team. Totally useless player.

Was a huge supporter of him since his 1st test in Aus in 2014. But he has really regressed in test cricket. He has the technique and all the shots. But even I am getting tired of this.

Would give him this full series. But if he doesnt score at least 1 hundred and 1 50, out of which at least 1 came in a very tight situation, he should be let go.

India in a good position to go up 2-0, I expect Australia to collapse in the third innings. They don't have the players to give India a good score to chase.

Excellent day for us I think how tomorrow goes will decide the game. This pitch is a weird one, it goes crazy for a while as we saw when bumrah bowled post lunch or how well Aussies bowled early on but play that period out and you can cash in. If kohli and Rahane do well tomorrow it is our game to lose because the cracks will play a big role in both team's second innings and a lead of 100 might be a match winning one here.

Was a huge supporter of him since his 1st test in Aus in 2014. But he has really regressed in test cricket. He has the technique and all the shots. But even I am getting tired of this.

Would give him this full series. But if he doesnt score at least 1 hundred and 1 50, out of which at least 1 came in a very tight situation, he should be let go.

Agree, He should be let go only if he played a centurion match winning inng, otherwise we should give chance to other potential player

What a batsman Virat is and what a team India is! Just awesome. Fighting it hard level to level on Australia against Australia. Had Kohli started his career in Indian colors 2 years before his debut I would have backed this guy to break all big records in all formats. Indians are so lucky! They got Tendulkar, and now Kohli.

This was one of the highest class of batting i have seen in recent times. Phenomenal application from Kohli and Rahane. Shot selection was impeccable. This is a special innings by Kohli given that he played against his nature most of the time in this innings.

It is not over, all players have to put a price on their wicket - no matter the runs.
Then the other batsmen at the other end will be able to score some runs.

Lot of work to do, but so good so far.

82 impactless runs scored by Kohli. Not at all needed by us today.

Back