Australia vs New Zealand [Super 8s/Match 21] - Updates

Next ball is smashed down the ground AGAIN for four. Back to back to back fours.

3 fours again! Amazing batting!

And no! S. Anwar's record is NOT in danger!

BANG BANG BANG! Six runs. Massive hit down the ground for six. He moves to 96.
What a tournament. What a player!

big six over long on by Hayden - moves to 96
Aus 196-2 after 29 overs

Oh what a brilliant late cut. That is brilliant. 4 runs to Clarke.

really good to see players coming back strong after they get dropped. Both Hayden and Clarke have been exceptional since their comeback.
Hayden on 99

Swing n a miss for Haydos. 99 he is on.

THATS IT! What a century. His 3rd of the WC. 10th overall. WHat a player, what a tournament, what a comeback! 4 months ago, he was not even in the Aussie team. Now he is the leading run scorer in the WC.

2/208
31 overs

And ANOTHER 100 for Mr. Hayden! Fantastic knock and what a world cup he is having!

One of top candidates of Man of the Tournament for me!

Arghh i really wanted to watch Bond bowl against the aussies in this game ...

Hayden has been in top top form in this WC ..

Out. A very nice catch. You all jinxed Hayden! Saying he would make 200.
He has played a brilliant innings. A well deserved hundred.
He goes for 103 (100)
3/216
32.4 overs

And he's gone! Brilliant 100 for my Fantasy Team, and guess what? The man to take him out is my captain, who gets double points for his wickets AND his catch! Good job Styris!

Powerplay taken overs 34-38
Aus 217-3
Clarke dropped on 35 by the keeper
- Hero Honda

4 through the covers for Pup.

Next ball....
4 more through mid wicket!

*** was that? That is really crap. Straight at middle stump and Clarke fricken LEAVES it!
What the hell!?! A real lapse of concentration.
He goes for 49.
4/233
35.3 overs

PepsiCola said:
Was the catch an easy one? Cuz McCullum is a very handy kepper.
it was a medium pacer and keeper was standing at the stumps. makes it a little difficult but not too hard either

I don't know what this cricinfo commentator is talking about

"A few fans have flamed me for getting that hindi phrase wrong. It was a mere typo gentlemen. It should have been Dil pey mat ley ? Ok? Happy now?!"

Wow. What a shot. Pretty much no foot work and he just swings the bat. He connects and it runs along the carpet for 4.

We're doing alright in the batting dept - hopefully Huss can get some useful time out in the middle.

Sheesh. Hussey has only faced 4 balls! Only 4! He has already been here for 3 overs.

Bang. Short from Styris and Hussey goes with the pull short through midwicket.
4444 runs!

I expect 350 - there are still 12 overs left and Aus are probably averaging 80 runs in last 10 overs this tournament

Aus 247-4 after 38 overs

Bizzare: In all the years I have witnessed cricket the last two wickets have to be the most bizzare of dismissals I have ever seen. Hayden getting out caught and bowled at the edge of the 30 yards circle!!! And then Clarke getting out bowled leaving a delivery that was straight on the middle stump!!! This was followed by something still bizzare. A batsman getting out leaving a straight delivery and then Symonds chasing a few truly wide deliveries!!!

Has he gone bananas?

That is excellent fielding. Brilliant fielding. But they have conceded a run due to that direct hit

PepsiCola said:
Bizzare: In all the years I have witnessed cricket the last two wickets have to be the most bizzare of dismissals I have ever seen. Hayden getting out caught and bowled at the edge of the 30 yards circle!!! And then Clarke getting out bowled leaving a delivery that was straight on the middle stump!!! This was followed by something still bizzare. A batsman getting out leaving a straight delivery and then Symonds chasing a few truly wide deliveries!!!

Has he gone bananas?

Maybe it was in the Aussies brekky?

Out. Good catch by Mason. A big big set back for the Aussies. Roy going for a maximum and he skies it. Very good catch.
He goes for 11.
5/247.

Hussey needs to start upping the tempo if we are going to make 330.

This laptop is keeping me awake. Whenever I put the screen down, I get drowsy and tired.

Nice shot from Watto. Lap shot over his shoulder. 1 bounce and 4.

Hussey has hit 1 four. 1 four! 1 lazy crappy four. Where are the sixes?

Run out chance. Watto in the firing line.

He is in. Excellent fielding. But not good enough.

BOWLED HIM! Oh no! It's a no ball. 10th no ball for New Zealand.
That could have cost them the match, Hussey bowled by a ripper. Only to be saved by the arm of Asad Rauf.

Decent fightback by New Zealand, 320 is chase able going by their recent run chases against Australia!

Six! Brilliant shot from Watto over cover. That brings the 300 up.

SIX! Down the ground! WHAT AN OVER! 24 from the over!

5/321
48 overs.

Hussey 35
Watson 40

Six or four? Four.

That would've been an absolute screamer had Watto pulled it off. Just couldnt reach far enough.

Back