Australia vs New Zealand [Super 8s/Match 21] - Updates

Sean said:
2 and a half hours to go before I've lasted all night!
that is the life if you want to watch matches in USA - this WC was an exception and I hate the timings of this tournament as it comes in day time

Pigeon catches Gillespie and the 8th wicket has been taken. Hoggy has his 3rd.
Gillespie goes for 2.
8/127
23.5 overs.

Why is Aamir Sohail not bashing NZ? He would have been doing it from the 5th over of the match if Pakistan was playing. He should commentate the same way for each team

NZL have as much chance of winning now as Bangladesh batting innings not crumbling.

Uh oh. I starting to fall asleep. Take the runal 2 wickets please.

Thank you whoever answers my questions.
Mason gets a fine edge to Gilly and Tait gets his third wicket. He goes for a duck.
9/133
24.5 overs

Medic said:
NZ & SL are luring Australia into a false sense of security :D :16:
Dr Evil partnering with Plankton . I like it :16: but one of them will knock the other

GAME OVER!
Australia have bowled NZ out for 133 and won by 215 runs.
It is New Zealand's biggest loss in One Day internationals.
Fulton is bowled by Hogg for 62.
Only 3 batsmen made double figures
Brilliant stuff fro the Aussies. They will advance to the semi finals and play South Africa.

What a comeback. 1-2 months ago, Australia had just lost 7 straight matches. Now they are unbeaten in this WC and hoping to make it to the final and make it 3 in a row.

Bowlers:
Hogg 4/29
Tait 3/32
McGrath 2/25
Watson 1/20

Batsmen:
Fulton 62
Styris 27
Fleming 12

Last edited:
Man it feels good to see such a whipping for the Blackcaps, long may it continue.

Sean said:
1-2 months ago, Australia had just lost 7 straight matches. Now they are unbeaten in this WC and hoping to make it to the final and make it 3 in a row.

Remember England...boasting like animals?

I just saw the news... damn, Blackcaps thrashed by the Aussies badly.

I'm concerned that we haven't had any close games so far - the SA match will be a huge one, and we haven't really been put under the pump at all. I know Dubya said that complacency will not be an issue, but geez when you're winning like this I don't know how it can't not be. I would have preferred a tighter, closer, more hard-fought match.

Everything is just going so well for Australia that there just has to be a slip up on the way. I think it may well come against South Africa in the semis.

Overconfidence could play its role in the semi-finals against SA. Australia's players might get a shock or two

Back