Australia vs South Africa | 3rd Test | Perth | 1/12/12 | Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotham Cronie

Test Debutant
Runs
A little less than a hour to go.

South Africa lead by 292 runs with 8 wickets remaining.

Hasim Amla 99*, Kallis 17*

missed the last session of the day. :-(
(early start to drinking session!)

has the pitch changed or did aus bowl bad or did Saffers bat really well?

We bowled terribly and the Saffers attacked.

Today is going to be a whole lot of Ian Healy garbage, "we can chase 600" etc

Ideal situation would have been to let Ricky leave on a winning note, but it seems highly unlikely at the moment, BUT thing changes quickly so lets wait and watch.

May the best team win.

Channel 9 arent even bothering talking about the game in the prematch, just Ponting.

The Aussies could seriously suffer today as the pitch becomes a belter. :amla

What a lovely setting in Perth, it's freezing in the UK. Batting conditions are sublime now, nothing happening out there. Michael Clarke has got issues.

It's a real belter out there, SA might need more than 500. WACA flattening out as expected.

Touch of class, guided beatuifully..four more :amla

Clarke needs to bring a spinner on asap. possibly warner who had Amla recently. lead 324 nearly out of reach for Aus.

Amla is playing gem of a inning here.

Kallis goes to the bouncer as well. South Africa should put that shot away now.

Time for ABD to do some serious damage alongside the world's best batsman.

All 3 dismissals due to short balls, think bounce is still there but not any movement

"An ode to the bearded wonder
singleminded, what pillage what plunder
He looks like he's set
200 he'll get
Unless there's some rain and some thunder
"

John is on song. Literally

cricinfo..:amla

The pitch has no doubt eased a lot , the question is can Aussies survive 2 days here against Steyn?

There is no question of survival, our batsmen cannot bat out a draw and have never been able to. They will either reach the target or get bowled out.

South Africans seemed to have changed plans. They know that there is a lot of time in this match and they cannot afford to be bowled out today.

Amla's strike-rate falls before 100, proving my point.

There is no question of survival, our batsmen cannot bat out a draw and have never been able to. They will either reach the target or get bowled out.

I think target is going to be bit too high here to get chased down.

South Africans seemed to have changed plans. They know that there is a lot of time in this match and they cannot afford to be bowled out today.

Amla's strike-rate falls before 100, proving my point.

How about Aus is bowling with more control today?

Come on I want Ponting to got out with a win, I finally want to see a fairly tail retirment, the past couple of retirements have been boring

Was it ian chappel who just said ponting was better than jhonty rhodes at hitting the stumps?

Didn't see any of yesterday's play but looks like a pretty shambolic effort from the OZ. Consistency isn't quite there, and maybe Ponting should have waited till AFTER this Test to announce his retirement eh. Doesn't look like the wicket is as bad as the first innings would suggest, but I'm pretty sure we will be chasing 500+ which they may be able to get by stumps today. On a positive note, we will have two days to chase it (lol).

I think target is going to be bit too high here to get chased down.

Correct but what I mean is our batters are not capable of just batting time to force a draw when there are days left. They just do not have that mindset.

Lead 418 which is the record chase in the fourth innings. I think we will be chasing 600.

Thats only because the batters haven't been toying with them by shuffling across the crease.

Do look up Geroge Soros and reflexivity. Then you won't be too sure about which one is cause and which one is effect. He made billions with this theory so you won't be wasting your time.

Channel 9 commentators are clueless, "declare and have half an hour at them before stumps".

Smith has no need to declare, if he can he should make us chase 700. We are only halfway through the game.

I am amused to see Brett Lee giving the bowlers perspective. He is probably the dumbest bowler i have ever seen play for Australia in Test cricket. Only 476 behind now, we are right in the game.

SA should bat at least till just before lunch tomorrow and completely grind this bowling.

How the hell can you cop a 140 kph delivery directly on the elbow and not have it fractured? He must be in pain, even though he's not displaying it. And now he's bagged a king pair. I feel sorry for this guy.

The lead is such that its already out of reach , just two results possible SA win or a draw.

I have jinxed the Protea innings. Woke up 4:30am in Safferland to watch first session. Went back to bed at lunch. Woke up to see Amla was a few runs away from his double. 2 wickets dropped in a few balls.

Oh well Faf is in.

John son has bowled well on this flat deck , he should be played by Aussies. He can be dangerous when in rhythm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back