Bangladesh [508] beat West Indies [111 & 213] by an innings and 184 runs in the 2nd Test, lead 2-0

WI will loose this test by an innings and 50+ for sure. Their bowling is too poor for test standard.

Bravo my dear BD. Congrats to Mahmudullah. But he needs to remove his selfishness

A lot people are worried about time!! Don't worry game will be finished in 4 days!! Or three days is enough to take Twenty wickets!! I won't mind playing till the end of today!!!

WI will be lucky to score over 350 in two innings. Their batting is that bad.

Mahmudullah should accelerate now. Oh god,it's becoming torturing now. Leave at least 20 overs for WI today and take 2/3 wickets.

Mahmudullah should accelerate now. Oh god,it's becoming torturing now. Leave at least 20 overs for WI today and take 2/3 wickets.

Why so rush? If WI bat today the match might finish by tea tomorrow. At least drag this match by lunch on day 4.

This is only the 14th occasion of reaching double figures for all 11 players in Test history. Well done lads. We now have strong tail now with nayeem hasan at number 11.

Well done BD. Proud to be a Bangladeshi. I shall remain beside you not only in good times but also in bad times.

20/4!! Love to see them who were very worried while BD was batting long!!!

It is like I am seeing India vs WI test in Delhi. Total brutal domination

WI should concentrate playing T20s franchise leagues only. That's what their passion. Sunil Naraine is one of the prime example.

Has Bangla ever won an overseas test match?

Wrong thread my dear. Shred off your bitter feelings towards BD somewhere else.
Firstly you questioned a total joke of a question." What an absolute joke of a pitch" . Where the opposition team has just scored 508,raising eyebrows about the pitch is a comics.

The answer towards 2nd question is yes. BD won test in Srilanka,Zimbabwe and West Indies.

Did you follow cricket?? If yes then you should know BD won a series 3-0 in WI!! They also won in srilanka & Zimbabwe!!

3-0 test series win overseas?? Don't see any record of that..there was a 2-0 win that I see. 1 series win overseas in 18 years??

3-0 test series win overseas?? Don't see any record of that..there was a 2-0 win that I see. 1 series win overseas in 18 years??

What is your purpose here for trolling? Yes one series win in first 18 years - do you know how many away Series PAK or IND won in first 36 years?

Come back with the info, we'll talk.

Wrong thread my dear. Shred off your bitter feelings towards BD somewhere else.
Firstly you questioned a total joke of a question." What an absolute joke of a pitch" . Where the opposition team has just scored 508,raising eyebrows about the pitch is a comics.

The answer towards 2nd question is yes. BD won test in Srilanka,Zimbabwe and West Indies.

I don't understand why you need to waste so many words for someone fooling himself. Ask him to explain why it's a joke of a wicket.

Last edited:
Hetmyer is such a prolific scorer that if we don't get him out quickly, by lunch he might take WIN close to follow on margin. Our good old Aleem Dar did a favor :) but it didn't work:(

Overall, one of the greatest day of our Test cricket - 249/5 with bat, then at one point got WIN 20/5.

Was out for few hours & just now saw the WI dismissals . 4 were poor batting & 1 just scooted . Ball keeping low means hosts get to enforce their 1st ever follow-on but would Shakib do that or again bat & waste 75 overs ? Any chances of rain ?

Was out for few hours & just now saw the WI dismissals . 4 were poor batting & 1 just scooted . Ball keeping low means hosts get to enforce their 1st ever follow-on but would Shakib do that or again bat & waste 75 overs ? Any chances of rain ?

I think, they won't enforce the follow on, unless WIN bats for too long and reach something like 307. Wicket is still not that bad yet and top 4 WIN batsmen got bowled simply because of being beaten in flight & failing to pick line - even that shooter was so short and slow that had Hope not tried to force it brutally, could have blocked it out.

Not much chances of rain, but we might loose few overs every day due to fog & poor light.

i see , looks like around 190-200 all out , then bat for 70 overs & hopefully call them when target is 500 . It could be over by end day 4 .

They will most likely enforce the follow on unless WI crosses the 300 mark which will be tough from here with half the side gone

DHAKA, Bangladesh– The WINDIES bowlers and batsmen were put through the wringers by Bangladesh on the second day of the 2nd Test match in Dhaka, with Bangladesh taking firm control of the first innings.

Resuming on their overnight total of 259/5, Bangladesh wasted no time in going after the WINDIES bowlers. By the end of the first session, they had added well over 100 runs to their total for the loss of 0 wickets. Shakib Al Hasan and Mahmudullah punished the WINDIES bowlers who had no answers on a pitch that offered no assistance. The pair posted a mammoth 111-run partnership before Kemar Roach broke it, removing Shakib for 80.

The Bangladesh tail-enders frustrated the WINDIES as they continued building partnerships. Mahmudullah, then got a trust partner in Liton Das and the pair added 92 runs to the total before Das was bowled by Kraigg Brathwaite trying to reverse sweep. Mehidy Hasan didn’t stick around too long, on 18, Jomel Warrican had him caught behind. Taijul Islam joined Mahmudullah, the pair added 56 runs together, when Brathwaite got his second wicket, that of Taijul for 26. Mahmudullah eventually fell for 136, bowled by Warrican.

Bangladesh 508/10. Kraigg Brathwaite returned the best bowling figures for the WINDIES, taking 2/57, while Kemar Roach has 2/61, Jomel Warrican 2/91, Devendra Bishoo 2/109 and Shermon Lewis 1/69.

The WINDIES had the worst possible start they could have imagined as Brathwaite was bowled on the last ball of the first over for 0 by Shakib. 4 runs later, Mehidy got one to keep straight and go through bat/bad to bowl Kieran Powell for 4. Soon after Sunil Ambris became the third victim, also bowled by Shakib. Roston Chase made a first ball 0, bowled by Mehidy, and Shai Hope became Mehidy’s third wicket, when he too was bowled for 10. The WINDIES reeling on 29/5 after 12 overs.

Shimron Hetmyer and Shane Dowrich, planted themselves at the crease, despite several appeals and shouts, played their natural but cautious game. Hetmyer for his 32 accounted for 3-fours, while Dowrich’s 17 included 1-four. The WINDIES recovered somewhat to close their first innings reply on Day 2 on 75/5, still some 433 runs adrift of Bangladesh’s first innings total. Mehidy Hasan was the pick of the Bangladesh bowlers, taking 3/36, while Shakib Al Hasan had 2/15.

beisde heathmayer, these new Wi faces have no hope. Literally.

I am concerned does the WI team take any pride in the way they play the game?

Not happy with the performance of West Indies in this game. Expected them to compete in both tests.

Credit to Bangldesh. They seem to be improving in tests.

They stopped taking pride 10 years ago when T20 leagues popped out.
Really sad. They should stop playing test cricket may be?

Perhaps Zimbabwe should have toured Bangladesh instead of WI. Zimbabwe are a proud nation and I am sure they would have given it all.

If WI bowled out less than 200 in one or two session,should bd make them to follow on? [MENTION=79064]MMHS[/MENTION]

Can Mehidy become poor man Ravindra Jadeja for BD? Need a 10 point increase in batting average though.

They beat England in England, not many countries can boast about that. They are just poor against quality spin.

I know, but their star players don't care. They became T20 mercenaries. Not that I am criticizing them, WI board is not very rich and WI players are great in T20, so they deserve to earn money.

WI 111 All out.

BD should follow on now. Come on Shakib ,make them follow on. Don't bat.

I know, but their star players don't care. They became T20 mercenaries. Not that I am criticizing them, WI board is not very rich and WI players are great in T20, so they deserve to earn money.

Yes, Hitmeyer will follow course soon. This T20 is making many players retire like Brendon Taylor, AB D, etc.

Can Mehidy become poor man Ravindra Jadeja for BD? Need a 10 point increase in batting average though.

As a bowler I think Miraz can be like Jadeja in tests- handy in subcontinent

As a batsman Miraz has potential to become a top 6 soon

The captain of West Indies comes out to bat and goes immediately, follow on enforced . Shakib gets wicket

Mehidy Hasan Miraz to Powell, no run, dropped by Mushfiqur.

Looks like Mushfiqur still has his butter fingers lol

This is first follow on of opposition and inshaAllah it will be our first innings win.:hamster:

They started playing their favourite format T20!! Hetmeyer 33 from 21!! Just hit 2 big sixes😄😄😄

DO they understand LBW rule? This is one of the worst reviews I have ever seen.

Need to bring Miraz from Shakib's end - Hetmyer is swinging with the spin and these are those days when you connect everything. Need to take the ball away from him.

Good innings by Hetmyer, but probably didn't deserve the century - one shouldn't survive so long with so many arial shots played. I felt, he was giving audition for his T20 career in a Test innings - enjoyable, but I wanted him to grind out a 100 here today, preferably not out hundred. He'll make us suffer in LO leg of the series for sure, already has won couple of ODIs on his own.

Good innings by Hetmyer, but probably didn't deserve the century - one shouldn't survive so long with so many arial shots played. I felt, he was giving audition for his T20 career in a Test innings - enjoyable, but I wanted him to grind out a 100 here today, preferably not out hundred. He'll make us suffer in LO leg of the series for sure, already has won couple of ODIs on his own.

Only a matter of time he becomes an IPL Supastar and a WI mercenaries.

Mehidy Hasan Miraz is probably the best emerging young player at the moment alongside Kuldeep Yadav.

Roach is teaching batting to top order. This partnership is getting irritating

Taijul is so accurate, bowls wicket to wicket. He can do well in ODIs too.

Lol. I thought WI were still playing their first Innings. Didn't even realise that they have already got all out in their first innings and on the verge of getting allout in their second innings as well.

I should really start watching matches on TV rather that checking the scorecard on CI only.

I am impressed by Lewis and Roach. They should be promoted in batting order in subcontinent at least.

Back