Bangladesh v Ireland [Super 8s/Match 17] - Updates

Oxy

Hall of Famer
Runs
Barbados: Scheduled to begin at 14:30 BST [13.30 GMT]

Ireland won the toss and elected to bat first

Bangladesh team
Shahriar Nafees, Tamim Iqbal, Habibul Bashar, Saqibul Hasan, Mohammad Ashraful, Aftab Ahmed, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mashrafe Mortaza, Mohammad Rafique, Abdur Razzak, Shahadat Hossain

Ireland team
WTS Porterfield, JP Bray, AC Botha, EJG Morgan, NJ O'Brien, KJ O'Brien, AR White, DT Johnston, WK McCallan, D Langford-Smith, WB Rankin

Last edited:
0-0 after 1 over.

Lots of bounce.

Pak fans in the crowd:) Backing BD!

I'd like to continue watching/commentating - but Spurs v Wigan it is for the next hour.....

May the best team win........

Ireland off to solid start 20/0 after 4 overs...

Shahadat shouldn't be in this Bangladesh team now. He is just 20 and dont have much of cricketing sense. We should wait arleast 3-4 yeats. By that time he would increase his pace by a yard or so and get some sense inside his head too. For now I prefer the 120 kph swing bowling of Rasel. Sad that he twisted his knee today.

bd have pulled themselves together. shahadt went for quite alot of wides and 4s. put himself together with a maiden

tigerPassion said:
Shahadat shouldn't be in this Bangladesh team now. He is just 20 and dont have much of cricketing sense. We should wait arleast 3-4 yeats. By that time he would increase his pace by a yard or so and get some sense inside his head too. For now I prefer the 120 kph swing bowling of Rasel. Sad that he twisted his knee today.

No. 24 he will lose that appetite. he is 20 and should get some taste.

tigerPassion said:
He should lower it down to 80 so that he gets better line and length.
he bowled a ball at 127.5 kph! slower ball.

he can vary pace. fastest of this over was at 87. got a maiden

Uzzy said:
At this rate he'll catch up to Shoaib in no time.

He is like Harmison and considers him as his idol. A lot taller than Shoaib but lot slower. He gets good pace but the main thing is the bounce. He is just 20 so will muscles will grow up as he ages a bit.

tigerPassion said:
He is like Harmison and considers him as his idol. A lot taller than Shoaib but lot slower. He gets good pace but the main thing is the bounce. He is just 20 so will muscles will grow up as he ages a bit.
at 20 if he is at 87-90, so at 24 he can go to 95. shoab was at 95 at 99 wc when he was 24. but itll be tuff to go to shoabs pace. very

Rasel was supposed to play today but twisted his ankle in morning during fielding practice
raselqb2.jpg

jayed said:
at 20 if he is at 87-90, so at 24 he can go to 95. shoab was at 95 at 99 wc when he was 24. but itll be tuff to go to shoabs pace. very

He'll never be any where near Shoaib. If he hits the gym hard he'll be in the Ntini range.

Last edited:
BTW i was being sarcastic in my post.

Anyway Jayed, when i said Akhtar Ayub can bowl 87-88 mph at 18 and will probably be a 90+ bowler when he gets older you rubbished it.

And now your applying that same logic which you rubbished to Shahadat

50 partnership up in the 14th over.

53-0
Safe (if unspectacular start)

Shahadat is no quicker than Gul at the same age, don't know where this 150k stuff people are coming up with

Last edited:
usman917 said:
Shahadat is no quicker than Gul at the same age, don't know where this 150k stuff people are coming up with

He will never be a 150 kph bowler. He will be a 140 kph bowler but who will use his height and high arm action to get some steep bounce like Harmison.

Bray hits his first boundary and moves to 15 off 41 balls
IRL 59-0 after 16 overs

Rameez keeps moaning about the pitch...just get over it already!

JustAnotherFan said:
Commentator said that you can now get free entry to the grounds after 11am. Lol!
:)))

Ireland just need to up rate slightly here...

67/0 in 18th over...

Might have been safe, but not sure where the bat was. That was pretty ordinary fielding.

Rafique drops a dolly..

ireland batsmen running well here between wickets and exposing poor throwing arms in bangla team..

LOL, Rameez is now rubbishing both teams - first he had a whinge about how ordinary Bangladesh's fielding is, now he's knocking Ireland's slow start.

someone is strangling a chicken on the ground.
IRL 71-0 after 19 overs

Paddies 0-80, highest opening partnership ever apparently.

usman917 said:

I concur, was struggling to bowl 80mph, dont know where Jayed got the idea he could bowl 90mph+

How is Shahadat bowling at 87-90 MPH, Jayed? His FASTEST ball was at 87 MPH. :)))

Ireland crawling to 200+ - they're 0-90 at the moment after 24.

Bray run out - inevitable really.

Excellent fielding - very poor running.

91-1

And a runout, Bray runout for 31, Morgan in 1-92.

Massive shot to deep mid off but the fielder was too far from the ropes and it goes for 4.

It was Bray run out. good for Ireland as he was too slow
Morgan hits a 4 to start. almost ct at boundary
IRL 96-1 after 26

Portefield HAS to get a big score now - i wouldnt want to be seeing Bray just yet...

Nasser reckons that this is a tough pitch to get set on.

Another run out - Morgan caught short of his ground trying to steal an extra run. Two down for 101.

English team hopefull N O'Brian now batting
113-2 after 30 overs @ 3.77

This must be bloody dire viewing for those of you with no emotional involvement in the game.

Geez, this match is a bit slow at the moment - both the batting and the fielding.

Banglades after defeating India and South Africa don't want to lose here but the teams also battling for $50,000 prize money difference between each position at end of Super 8

Aritro said:
This must be bloody dire viewing for those of you with no emotional involvement in the game.

LOL, it's a bit slow as I just mentioned. Ireland look to be 1) trying to bat out 50 first; and 2) get over 200 2nd. But BD's field placements are very negative - they've placed most of their fielders on the ropes to stop boundaries and are giving away ones and twos.

any bangladeshi school captain can lead this team better than Bashar. Bashar is a freakin BUtter Fingers.

N' O'Brian out reverse sweeping and ct at Gully. this qualifies him for English team
IRL 128-3

Not the best way to lose your wickets - 2 run outs and a reverse sweep. Fantastic match in progress here.

come on men in green
IRL 132-3 after 35 overs @ 3.8
projected 223 runs at 6 an over

The Paddies need to get a move on. After this start and with wickets in hand they'd be kicking themselves if they didn't get to 200 at least.

3-160 after 39. O'Brien's decided to play some shots. 15 off that over, with a 4 and 6 to end.

5 more runs from the next so far. 3-166 from 40.

Back