Bangladesh v Ireland [Super 8s/Match 17] - Updates

looking at the way Ireland is playing.....they look more professional than pakistan...in the way they have approached the innings

a chance missed at deep midwicket. O'Brian gets a 4 instead. 10 runs of the over
IRL 176-3 after 41

This is some of the worst captaincy I've seen since... last time I watched Bashar captain this team.

Porterfield gone trying to force the pace - he didn't have to slog that one. Bit of a waste. Good innings though, 85. Ireland 4-176.

Aside from Nasser and Tony Cozier, all the commies are Indian or Pakistani. :))

the fielder could probably have run in to hit the stumps instead of throwing with all the force. sloppy stuff there by Bangladesh and gives an overthrow instead
IRL 193-4 after 45

Last edited:
Ireland have opened up - Kevin O'Brien and Jonno starting to find the boundary. 16 runs off the 46th over, 4-209.

12thMan said:
the fielder could probably have run in to hit the stumps instead of throwing with all the force. sloppy stuff there by Bangladesh and gives an overthrow instead
IRL 193-4 after 45

Bangladesh's fielding has been very poor - they just don't look all that interested. You'd have thought that given the need to win this game that they'd have kept their foot on the pedal.

bangla players do not have strong arms like some of the other international cricketers and they struggle to throw the ball to the wicket from the boundary

Ireland has been scoring 200 runs often this WC. Bangladesh can be either 200+ or 120 runs. too inconsistent but the chase will be interesting
IRL 223-5 after 48

very challenging score by ireland..let's see how bd reply today..i'll say bd to win here by 3/4 wickets..

Funny how BD's fielding's been woeful yet they have four runouts.

hell of a throw..wonder if any pak player can throw like that ...so much of a weak arm bangla fielder huh..

Good score by Ireland......Bangla has to really play well to chase this.......can they adjust to the bouncy pitch?

Oh damn, Bangladesh should win this but 240 is a decent total. I do NOT want Ireland winning even a game.

Bashar should be kicked out of team. what's his role in the team. he will probably score another 10/11 runs from 20 balls or so, and get runout. He is not a bowler, can't field well, can't bat well, and is a horrible captain :12: :12:

I can feel Ireland wining this game.... Chasing 240 for bangla is virtually impossible on a bouncy pitch :( :(

aliff said:
243-7 after 50 overs

Bangla might loose today :6: :6:

They would be kicking themselves if they lost to Ireland after being both SA and India. Taking nothing away from Ireland's effort though, they've played well all tournament and their last performance vs OZ where the lost the game in 42 overs was not a fair indication of their competitiveness.

If you have 11 left handers in your team, Bangladesh will be absolutely clueless.

Ganguly 69(useless though), Yuvraj 47, Fleming 102, Hayden, Gilchrist, Porterfield (85), Jayasuriya. They have struggled against left handers right through.

How do you know he broke his finger? Any source or sauce for that matter?

PakVsAus said:
well not entirely.... no ones talking abt it

but surely he wont be up to full potential.

*** !! Syed Rasel not playing, Ashraful broke finger :O :O

Easa said:
How do you know he broke his finger? Any source or sauce for that matter?

watched it on TVU lol

he didnt come back to the field did he ?

while fielding i.e

we need a hitter early ON..... SEND RAFIQUE OR MASHRAFEE to hit and take advantage of the power plays....

oh wait ...... BASHAR IS THE CAPTAIN

after all the pleasures Pakistan have given us..... i wanna see my team give em sumthing back!

Rankin bowling very quick here and has few words to say aswell!

go on lad!

How quick is Rankin bowling, Amjid? I am following on Cricinfo so wouldn't know!

Rankin strikes.. good bouncer and a glove thru to the keeper

Nafees gone, Bangla struggling here with bounce.

Rankin is a class above the rest of the Irish bowlers. Himself and Niall O'Brien have very bright futures for my money...

Apologies it was langford-smith who was having words with Tamim.

Aftab ahmed new man in...

Aftab was the right decision to send at 3..

Easa said:
Aftab was the right decision to send at 3..

Hes a good little player but tends to throw it away to much when he gets to 20/30 etc...

he may struggle against extra bounce on this wicket.

Mansoor_Ahmed said:
I would love to have player like rankin in the pakistani team

We have good bowlers like muhammed asif and Umar Gul.

Aftab Ahmed is potentially just as good as Ashraful, he is simply too naive and inexperienced at the moment

Six good shot by aftab.

bangla 37/1

ranking getting some tap here.

haha nasser hussain saying that bangla knocked one of the minnows out(india)

Back