Bangladesh v New Zealand - 1st ODI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amjid Javed

PakPassion's 100,000 posts man
Runs
Post of the Week
Bangladesh 228 All out (Saqib 58, Mills 3/44)

New Zealand 39/0 after 5 overs in Reply.

Only Spin can provide a Win for Bangladesh.. Sakib and Razzak is two very good quality Spinners..

Mashrafe is injured again. Twisted his ankle in the beginning of the third over. He is off the field now and Shakib is captaining. Shafiul and Rubel are out with injuries and Mushfiq is playing with fever.

Birthday boy on rampage here ...after a wonderful Inning now this ...he is like a gem for Bangla....

Birthday boy on rampage here ...after a wonderful Inning now this ...he is like a gem for Bangla....

Hey Bro.. Please use Full name of Bangladesh. Not Bangla.. I also request this to All Pakistani Members.. Bangla is a State name of India.. Bangladesh is Completely Independent Country...

Good fight back by Bangla but is it enough to win the game?

Good fight back by Bangla but is it enough to win the game?

No because, Rain spoiling the Match.. And Bangladesh Does not have Best of Drainage system in the Country.. So, its always gonna take too much time to restart the match.. if the match sees any results through DL method, Then... Bangladesh May need another wicket as NZ's run rate is very healthy..

I have requested all of you including aj bhai not to mention bangladesh as bangla.. Its kinda show disrespect to an independent country.. As bangla is a state's name of india......

No because, Rain spoiling the Match.. And Bangladesh Does not have Best of Drainage system in the Country.. So, its always gonna take too much time to restart the match.. if the match sees any results through DL method, Then... Bangladesh May need another wicket as NZ's run rate is very healthy..

SBNS has one of the best drainage system in Sub-continent.

Play to resume at 5:20 EST

Is he not? World's no.1 ODI allrounder. No.3 Test Allrounder. No.2 ODI bowler.

How many of those matches he played against top 5 teams???? Most of his good job done in Bangladesh or Against Minos... He has quality but not yet to be the best in the business. You agree or not No problem..

SBNS has one of the best drainage system in Sub-continent.

Play to resume at 5:20 EST

Play is resuming now because, Mirpur had not have a heavy shower.. OK??? Only the Sky is Cloudy but Not too much of rain.. And Mirpur's drainage is the best in the World,, You got to be kidding me.. Don't wanna go for an argument on this with you..

Thank you....

As far as I can see the Target for NZ have been reversed and the match has curtailed overs..

Bangladesh has a very good Fielding Unit But still their catching has some problems in recent times.. Hope the New Fielding coach is doing some good job with them and improved their catching skills..

Play is resuming now because, Mirpur had not have a heavy shower.. OK??? Only the Sky is Cloudy but Not too much of rain.. And Mirpur's drainage is the best in the World,, You got to be kidding me.. Don't wanna go for an argument on this with you..

Thank you....

i didn't say best in the world.

this is what sidarth monga has to say in cricinfo

The most striking feature of the ground is the drainage facility which is probably the best in the subcontinent. The ground was originally built for football and athletics and was hence rectangular in shape. To bring it back to a shape suited for cricket, a lot of demolition had to be done, and also the athletics tracks had to be dug up. About three feet of soil was excavated to remove all the red clay. PVC pipes were fit in before filling it up with rock chips and sand and then grass. The slope is nice and even, a difference of 29 inches from the wicket to the boundary.
http://www.cricinfo.com/bangladesh-v-new-zealand-2010/content/current/ground/236761.html

Bangladesh Cricket has lost so many crowds because of Mirpur Stadium.. Its situated at a backward place where people don't want to go.. The Bangabandhu stadium ( formerly known as Zinnah Stadium ) was the best place for Bangladesh cricket as people could easily move there from anywhere in Dhaka.. But the Good news is Bangabandhu stadium getting back for Cricket for the World Cup and it will be the venue for Inauguration Of the World Cup 2011.. But I wonder those newly made Pitches won't be good for quality cricket, which people wanna see in a World Cup match.

Last edited:
Has Sidarth Monga visited Mirpur Ever???? :)))

I have Visited there.. Its good but not the best in the business.. Got it Bro????
Monga visits Mirpur every time India tour Bangladesh. And if SBNS didn't have fantastic drainage then half the matches played there would've been abandoned.

I wonder what action match referee will take against Vettori. He protested the umpire's decision and bullied them to refer it upstairs.

Monga visits Mirpur every time India tour Bangladesh. And if SBNS didn't have fantastic drainage then half the matches played there would've been abandoned.

Very poor reply... Bangladesh does not have that much of rain as Eng or Aussie has per year... Most of the Matches played in Mirpur had Bright and Sunny day.... Don't try to wash my eyes with wrong comments,,,

I wonder what action match referee will take against Vettori. He protested the umpire's decision and bullied them to refer it upstairs.

No action will be taken as he is a White and.. He certainly took the right step to save his wicket.. So,, Nothing serious gonna happened..

NZ doing the right thing,, keeping wickets in hand which gonna always help them for DL method and keeping the score card running with 1 & 2s........

Bangladeshi Players playing International Cricket from good 12-13 yrs now.. But they don't know yet that Pitching outside leg stump won't give you an LBW ever if the Umpire is Not Mad as Ian Gould did Yesterday against M. Hussey...

Taylor had his Last International century 2yrs ago at Dhaka Mirpur.. Since then he has no International Century...

I think He got out into the similar fashion as he got out in that No ball of Mahmudullah...???? Not watching it on TV now.. :(

New Zealand require another 27 runs with 3 wickets and 14 balls remaining

New Zealand require another 21 runs with 3 wickets and 12 balls remaining. nicely poised

Shakib with 4 wickets and a 50. Very impressive.

Will this be banglas 1st win over kiwis or they beaten them before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back