Bangladesh v New Zealand - 1st ODI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bangladesh have won by 9 runs D/L method....
well done tigers

I think it might be the first time they've won an official ODI though, don't think warm ups count do they?

58 off 51 and then 4 wickets with the pressure of unexpected captaincy. That's why he is the best all-rounder in the World!!

10 man Bangladesh takes down New Zealand. More like Shakib single handedly takes down New Zealand!!

this will definitely give the real boost to Bangla for coming WC.....i heard some players injured n not fit as well ...

this will definitely give the real boost to Bangla for coming WC.....i heard some players injured n not fit as well ...
Lot of injury worries for the next match. Mash may be out of the series and it looks like Nazmul picked up a blow in the last ball. Shafiul and Rubel already injured. No fit pacers in the squad.

They will be easy to Beat in WC for Countries like Pak..

Now.. Pak is the only team they could not beat after 2000s.

New Zealand beat Pakistan. Bangladesh beat New Zealand. Therefore, Bangladesh is better than Pakistan.

I'm joking of course, but labelling them as easybeats is setting yourself up for a nasty shock. Anyway, well played to the bangers, outplayed us fair and square.

Bangladesh won by 9 runs (D/L method). Nice.

New Zealand beat Pakistan. Bangladesh beat New Zealand. Therefore, Bangladesh is better than Pakistan.

I'm joking of course, but labelling them as easybeats is setting yourself up for a nasty shock. Anyway, well played to the bangers, outplayed us fair and square.

Yea.. But NZ got beaten because, they could not have a single Warmup match ran onto the field because of bad outfield at BKSP..( English Meaning - Bangladesh Sporting Educational Institution )

Lot of injury worries for the next match. Mash may be out of the series and it looks like Nazmul picked up a blow in the last ball. Shafiul and Rubel already injured. No fit pacers in the squad.

Oops!..... BD should not loose the plot here go fo the series win if not atleast Draw.....

Yea.. But NZ got beaten because, they could not have a single Warmup match ran onto the field because of bad outfield at BKSP..( English Meaning - Bangladesh Sporting Educational Institution )
And to compensate NZL got center wicket practice 2 days before the match which is unheard of. But I'm sure Vettori will start whining about the lack of practice. But he will forget that Bangladesh didn't get a single practice match when they toured NZL last year and their request for center wicket practice was turned down by NZC. Also Bangladesh were missing 4 first-choice players including their best batsman Tamim and captain Mashrafe yet they won.

on top of that they beaten us in India ....haha.....:)

btw ...Bangladesh a good team ..now showing a bit consistency of fighting spirit ....

I think Bangladesh Did not even Invited by BCCI for once for a test Series in last 11yrs of Bangladesh's Test History.. In 2009 they had an Official series in India Declared by ICC. But BCCI Postponed that series.. Very unsupportive effort by them :(

Last edited:
And to compensate NZL got center wicket practice 2 days before the match which is unheard of. But I'm sure Vettori will start whining about the lack of practice. But he will forget that Bangladesh didn't get a single practice match when they toured NZL last year and their request for center wicket practice was turned down by NZC. Also Bangladesh were missing 4 first-choice players including their best batsman Tamim and captain Mashrafe yet they won.

Dude,,, You can't compare Match Practice with Center Pitche's Net Practice.. Got it??

I think Bangladesh Did not even Invited by BCCI for once for a test Series in last 11yrs of Bangladesh's Test History.. In 2009 they had an Official series in India Declared by ICC. But BCCI Postponed that series.. Very unsupportive effort by them :(

Morons BCCI ....paise jada nahi aaenge na Bandladesh tour se.....

We've got nothing to complain about, except maybe the DL calculations. 13 overs taken off, yet only 18 runs? Bizzarre. Still, had PLENTY of a chance to win it though. Tight bowling combined with some rather unimaginative batting really made the RRR soar towards the end.

NZ lost first game of their '09 series against Bangers too.

Good win for Bangers without their star batsman Iqbal.

Last edited:
We've got nothing to complain about, except maybe the DL calculations. 13 overs taken off, yet only 18 runs? Bizzarre. Still, had PLENTY of a chance to win it though. Tight bowling combined with some rather unimaginative batting really made the RRR soar towards the end.

NZ lost it because of Careless batting.. I was really angry with Brandon McCullum.. He just got out like a brainless Batsman..

NZ lost first game of their '09 series against Bangers too.

Good win for Bangers without their star batsman Iqbal.

I think that series was played in 2008.. Anyways.. This Match was won by Bangladesh with the Mixed Performance of Sakib and DL method..

good win to bangladesh.
shakib lead from front.

Last edited:
You can easily say.. Who is No.1 NZ batsman?

Ans : The Boring Vettori.

Who is No.1 NZ Bowler?

Ans : The Clever Vettori as well.

Congratulations to Bangladesh. Did not watch the game but a good confidence booster for the home team.

Yep in concentration point of view...battingwise Nathan is bad

Whatever Little Score Nathan McCullum scores, It always being useful for his team.. Can you remember the T20 WC Match against SL, Nathan's :6 took them Home in the last over of that match,

Last edited:
Ek Inning thi yaar wo ..otherwise he is crap batting wise ...
Arre Yaar he is not considered as a Batsman in the Team.. But the guy has good head thats why took the match away from SL.. I am not saying he is better batsman than Brandon.. But He have better sense of batting than his Bro..

Last edited:
but he is a hero now,whatever you say.

Coming to your Signature Dude.. I think Morice Odumbe Was also a very High Quality Batsman..

Last edited:
How many of those matches he played against top 5 teams???? Most of his good job done in Bangladesh or Against Minos... He has quality but not yet to be the best in the business. You agree or not No problem..

his averags away aren't much worse and may even be better than his home avg.

and he has 5-ers against all major sides, except Australia and Pakistan - neither of whom he's played yet.

Arre Yaar he is not considered as a Batsman in the Team.. But the guy has good head thats why took the match away from SL.. I am not saying he is better batsman than Brandon.. But He have better sense of batting than his Bro..

OK ..got it bhai ...yeah definitely better head then BM...

Though bangaldeshis always want pakistan to lose or even humiliate but I am happy for our Bangali bhaies.They dont even allow pakistanis to be there on banglacricket forum and stuff over there is totally anti pakistan.

how did they cut only 19 runs for 13 overs?:13:

15 overs of powerplay was over before rain that comes in cosideration .....otherwise if over reduced from start of 2nd Inning then mandatory power play would be of 7 -8 overs n bowling & batting PP would be of 3 over each .... they also cosider the SR during PP ie...no of run scored out of total during PP ....and some complex calcualtions... hahaha...:)

15 overs of powerplay was over before rain that comes in cosideration .....otherwise if over reduced from start of 2nd Inning then mandatory power play would be of 7 -8 overs n bowling & batting PP would be of 3 over each .... they also cosider the SR during PP ie...no of run scored out of total during PP ....and some complex calcualtions... hahaha...:)

yeah too complicated :(

Though bangaldeshis always want pakistan to lose or even humiliate but I am happy for our Bangali bhaies.They dont even allow pakistanis to be there on banglacricket forum and stuff over there is totally anti pakistan.

You aren't right. There are some people who come to abuse the forum and make dirty posts, mods just cleam them up. Bangla cricket is very harsh on members who make disgraceful comments or use such languages to the other members. Quiet a few members have been banned for using the word P**I, while Bangla/Bangers continue in PP despite requests from Mods. I like this strictness of BC and it keeps BC environment clean. If you would see some of the posts for which some of the Pak boyz were banned; I'm sure you wouldn't have said so.

You are most welcome to come to BC and if you don't like or disagree to some comments made by members in BC, even against pakistan you can always reason it out.

There are many people in the forum and I haven't ever seen the mods to consider who is from where, their decision is based on what you write. If someone is continuously preaching hatred and filthy/demeaning language/attitude he should be removed after adequate warning for the interest of the members and the forum.

You are most welcome to join BC for fun and for sharing your cricketing knowledge with members in BC.

NB: You may be surprised to know that more than 80% of BD cricket fans were Pak supporters prior to our test status. It obviousy reduced after 2000 and later on due to all the controversies that Pak players are getting into, the number is supposed to go down. But you will never find any hateful post in BC, all you may find is individual opinions, of liking or disliking a team for reasons they know better. You can always refute any unjust comment with proper logic/info. Infact BC looks for such contributions. You are most welcome.

Last edited:
You aren't right. There are some people who come to abuse the forum and make dirty posts, mods just cleam them up. Bangla cricket is very harsh on members who make disgraceful comments or use such languages to the other members. Quiet a few members have been banned for using the word P**I, while Bangla/Bangers continue in PP despite requests from Mods. I like this strictness of BC and it keeps BC environment clean. If you would see some of the posts for which some of the Pak boyz were banned; I'm sure you wouldn't have said so.

You are most welcome to come to BC and if you don't like or disagree to some comments made by members in BC, even against pakistan you can always reason it out.

There are many people in the forum and I haven't ever seen the mods to consider who is from where, their decision is based on what you write. If someone is continuously preaching hatred and filthy/demeaning language/attitude he should be removed after adequate warning for the interest of the members and the forum.

You are most welcome to join BC for fun and for sharing your cricketing knowledge with members in BC.

NB: You may be surprised to know that more than 80% of BD cricket fans were Pak supporters prior to our test status. It obviousy reduced after 2000 and later on due to all the controversies that Pak players are getting into, the number is supposed to go down. But you will never find any hateful post in BC, all you may find is individual opinions, of liking or disliking a team for reasons they know better. You can always refute any unjust comment with proper logic/info. Infact BC looks for such contributions. You are most welcome.

I am sorry to say its not the case.I did not make any abusive post,neither I preached hatred but even then I was banned for no reason.Only reason I can figure out was that I wanted to rebut "many" unjust threads and hateful posts in BC.There are many such post I am sorry to say.And Thank You I have pakpassion and I am very happy there.PP has members from all over the world and they all are treated equally and there is no discrimination like BC.

I am sorry to say its not the case.I did not make any abusive post,neither I preached hatred but even then I was banned for no reason.Only reason I can figure out was that I wanted to rebut "many" unjust threads and hateful posts in BC.There are many such post I am sorry to say.And Thank You I have pakpassion and I am very happy there.PP has members from all over the world and they all are treated equally and there is no discrimination like BC.

Well I cannot comment specifically on your case. What was your nick there in BC?

Congrats to Bangladesh from a NZ fan. The spin bowlers were just too good for our batsman, and what a game from Shakib. I am actually kind of glad that the series has become interesting from the start, and it's good that we are getting some tough games on these pitches before the WC.

Yeah, middle order batting is a problem. Styris is pretty solid and he's injured, the others are all out of form. I personally think they should give Jamie How a second chance for NZ. He was one of the top run-scorers for the comp in the Champions League that just finished.

And yes Nathan Astle was great, probably won more ODIs for us than any other player. He only really had two shots - cut for four and big heave for six - but he scored amazingly quickly. Still think his record double-hundred against England is the best innings I've ever seen.

Congrats to Bangladesh from a NZ fan. The spin bowlers were just too good for our batsman, and what a game from Shakib. I am actually kind of glad that the series has become interesting from the start, and it's good that we are getting some tough games on these pitches before the WC.

Yeah, middle order batting is a problem. Styris is pretty solid and he's injured, the others are all out of form. I personally think they should give Jamie How a second chance for NZ. He was one of the top run-scorers for the comp in the Champions League that just finished.

And yes Nathan Astle was great, probably won more ODIs for us than any other player. He only really had two shots - cut for four and big heave for six - but he scored amazingly quickly. Still think his record double-hundred against England is the best innings I've ever seen.

how did they cut only 19 runs for 13 overs?:13:

Bangladesh got the advantage of taking 4 wickets in quick succession just before the rain delay. Thats where NZ gone behind of the equation and the DL came in favor of Bangladesh..

Got it Bro??

Well I cannot comment specifically on your case. What was your nick there in BC?

You know which Bangladeshi People Hate Pakistanis??? Only those who loves to say " We are Bangali" instead of Bangladeshi... Common Guys Your Country has quite a few numbers of Sub-nationalities, Sorry To say,, Bangali has a partly word called "Gali".

I have Full of Respect to Bangladesh as Its People are Bangladeshi Not Bangali Nor Indian neither Pakistani..

Can tell Bangladeshi Brothers One Thing, We the New Generation Of Pakistan Don't Hate Bangladeshis.. We're Not Enemies Of Bangladesh..

Commenting on PP with your Own Country's Passion is Great.. But You also should be careful about that Your Comments won't hurt Others Passion about their Respected Countries.

Not Only saying this to Bangladeshi PP'rs.... But also Every Other PP'rs from round the Globe..

Thanks..

Last edited:
his averags away aren't much worse and may even be better than his home avg.

and he has 5-ers against all major sides, except Australia and Pakistan - neither of whom he's played yet.

Ha Ha.. Why do you Guys give wrong info to support someone so passionately??? Do you really need to use wrong info to be a passionate fan???

See this Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ryTlHqWhhY

. Sakib had played against Pakistan and For your Kind info he has a century against Pakistan too.

no you can't....practicing on the center wicket lets you know EXACTLY how the pitch will behave on game day. practice matches in a different venue do NOT.

Bit confusing post by you dude..

Anyways Giving you the Answer..

What Difference you had in Pitches Of Mirpur and BKSP?

You should not be meaning this like, Mirpur has a Flat track and BKSP having a Track where you can find a lots of Grass on it.. :)))

Common Bro.. 99.99% Bangladeshi Pitches are almost same.. I got the Luck to visit BKSP in 1998, And What I saw their you know, They have used The Pitch of Road on that track.. It was Rock Hard then..

And Now talking about Practicing on Center Pitch.. Dude they practiced two days on that Pitch if I am not wrong.. If that so, Then, We all know Pitches keep changing while if it has games/matches/practices regularly..

And We also know, That in the 3rd day of a Test in Pitches you most probably can see some Turn.
Now calculate this, 2days of Practice on the center pitch and 3rd day was match day,, NZ totally out read the Pitch :)) Because in the Match day that pitch was not the same and NZ got into trouble..

Or Now, You might say,, Match did not held at that pitch where NZ had their practice sessions...

Now if you say that, My In advance answer is,, As you said on your post, BKSP and Center Pitch Can't be the Same, So, Center Practicing Pitch And Match Played Pitch also May not be at the Same Conditions too..

How????, As because of the Match,, Grounds men Would take extra care of the Match Pitch.. And where in those Center Pitch that NZ used to practice did not have the same amount of care.
So, You can definitely say,, NZ did not get the Proper Match Practice because of Weather.. And they did perform badly because of lack of Match Practice..

I only wish the boys keep improving as a team. thanks everyone for your support and well wishes.
How many of those matches he played against top 5 teams???? Most of his good job done in Bangladesh or Against Minos... He has quality but not yet to be the best in the business. You agree or not No problem..
One can't remain at the top just by playing and performing against the minnows. He is the #1 Alrounder ODIs since Jan 2009. Jack Kallis, Watson, Vettori just didn't take a break in that time as far as I know. Since the world cup of 2007 he played 71 ODI innings to date. Only 25 of them were against Minnows plus weak WI. The ranking system rewards performance against better teams heavily that is why he is where he is. You don't agree, no problem..

As for performing outside BD is concerned... a cricket mad person like you, I am sure you know that he took Worcestershire from the middle of the pack of the 2nd Div to 1st Div in his first season at the county.

It is unbelievable to think that an okay guy occupying the #1 spot for so long just by performing against Minnows and where other greats can't catch him. Give him his dues. The commentators did.

Last edited:
I only wish the boys keep improving as a team. thanks everyone for your support and well wishes.

One can't remain at the top just by playing and performing against the minnows. He is the #1 Alrounder ODIs since Jan 2009. Jack Kallis, Watson, Vettori just didn't take a break in that time as far as I know. Since the world cup of 2007 he played 71 ODI innings to date. Only 25 of them were against Minnows plus weak WI. The ranking system rewards performance against better teams heavily that is why he is where he is. You don't agree, no problem..

As for performing outside BD is concerned... a cricket mad person like you, I am sure you know that he took Worcestershire from the middle of the pack of the 2nd Div to 1st Div in his first season at the county.

It is unbelievable to think that an okay guy occupying the #1 spot for so long just by performing against Minnows and where other greats can't catch him. Give him his dues. The commentators did.

Bro.. Read my Full Post if you are not a Fool.
I said, Most of his Good performances came in Bangladesh Or against Minnows.. Playing against Top nations on your Own Turf gives you better possibilities to perform better. Tell me how good he was in Last NZ or Eng Tour???? Was he Superb?? Or just a good one??? According to me, He could not perform like a No.1 All rounder in those series.. He did not even performed Real good in Asia Cup 2010 ( 1st tournament after loosing his captaincy )
But I think, He has the Better Head on his shoulder to lead Bangladesh at the Moment. Mortaza is too much Injury prone .

Am I talking Nonsense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back