Bangladesh vs South Africa | 1st ODI | Chittagong | 09.03.08

21-0 after 5 overs. Tamim is throwing his bat at everything. He won't last long out there.

something wrong with speed guns? it shows 70 mph or there about for Andrew nel

jackal786 said:
something wrong with speed guns? it shows 70 mph or there about for Andrew nel

Remember this goon and company is supposed to kill & injure Indian batting line up later on :))) :)))

a missed stumping
Ban 116-4 after 33 overs
SA without Steyn and playing 3 pacers and 2 spinners - plus Kallis is probably there

I just realized it is ODI. Didn't notice the colored uniforms
Tamim Iqbal on 82
Bang 130=4

Remember this goon and company is supposed to kill & injure Indian batting line up later on

He doesn't even make our main team...and given that 70 miles is like 100 kmph or something the speed gun obviously did a wobble...which we all know is common . I've seen him bowl in the 150's and consitantly in the 140 ..even though he's clearly not a quick bowler or someone i rate highly . No indian bowler can even do that ? Which indian bowler do you think would make the south african side ? Not a single one ! Even your spinners would be hopeless on south african wickets and never do well in our domestic cricket to even be considered for the national team . Try again .

Kallis , Boucher and ntini have been rested for this series...steyn probably won't be risked either . S.A aren't taking this very seriously .

Do you see me point about the spinners now ? You put paul harris and botha on spinning wickets and they start to look like world beaters . It's a myth about south african lack of good spinners .

Last edited:
saffer said:
He doesn't even make our main team...and given that 70 miles is like 100 kmph or something the speed gun obviously did a wobble...which we all know is common . I've seen him bowl in the 150's and consitantly in the 140 ..even though he's clearly not a quick bowler or someone i rate highly . No indian bowler can even do that ? Which indian bowler do you think would make the south african side ? Not a single one ! Even your spinners would be hopeless on south african wickets and never do well in our domestic cricket to even be considered for the national team . Try again .

Kallis , Boucher and ntini have been rested for this series...steyn probably won't be risked either . S.A aren't taking this very seriously .

Do you see me point about the spinners now ? You put paul harris and botha on spinning wickets and they start to look like world beaters . It's a myth about south african lack of good spinners .

well i wouldnt say india doesnt have good fast bowlers. ishant, rp, sreesanth all look pretty good.

Rubel is in. is Dollar also playing today?
Ban 138-6 after 37.4 overs
I think G Smith should bowl couple of overs.

12thMan said:
Rubel is in. is Dollar also playing today?
Ban 138-6 after 37.4 overs
I think G Smith should bowl couple of overs.

Dollar :)) what a rich name

PlanetPakistan said:
Nel is quite a decent bowler i don't know why Saffer doesn't rate him.
Nel talks the talk, but doesn't walk the walk. i.e. maybe if he focussed on his bowling and not his aggresiveness, he might take more wickets. :13:

JAF - how do you rate Albie's bowling potential compared to his brother Morne. In the long run do you see both being in the SA side or is there only room for one?

well i wouldnt say india doesnt have good fast bowlers. ishant, rp, sreesanth all look pretty good.

None would make the S.A team .
JAF - how do you rate Albie's bowling potential compared to his brother Morne. In the long run do you see both being in the SA side or is there only room for one?

Albie for one dayers as he is a huge hitting batsman . He's our next klusener .

dblock said:
Good question. Morne is the better bowler in my opinion i.e. genuine test bowler. Albie is the genuine ODI all-rounder (probably the replacement for Polly).

I think in the long run, both will play, but we are at the stage where Steyn has stepped up, Nel has to go (waste of breathing space), Ntini has become a medium pacer etc. etc.

In my opinion, I am keen to see the youth come in and play. Steyn, Morkel brothers and in my opinion Monde Zondeki will be the pace attack of the future for the Proteas. :13:

I wouldn't srop ntini yet....he's 2 years younger than brett lee and very fit...there's no reason he can't keep taking wickets and being dangerous for years to come . Zondeki needs to be in the frame though before Nel .

more pain for BD today. I didnt expect them to beat SA, but surely they should have put up more of a fight ?

BD fan and other BD fans - whats the policy with giving youth a chance against one of the best ODI teasm in the world - it doesnt make sense?

You cant blame Bangladesh. The reason why they do well against teams like Pak, India, Sri lanka e.t.c is that we allow them to play well against us and take things easy and lighthearted against them. Good teams like Australia, South Africa always aim for clinical efficiency. Bangladesh dont have the bowlers especially the fast bowlers to trouble South Africa. South Africa have a very formidable attack in Steyn and Morkel.

Saj said:
more pain for BD today. I didnt expect them to beat SA, but surely they should have put up more of a fight ?

BD fan and other BD fans - whats the policy with giving youth a chance against one of the best ODI teasm in the world - it doesnt make sense?

unfortunately most of what the BCB has been doing lately has made little to no sense.

however, putting in youth is the only way forward for bangladesh. we don't have any skilled players beyond age 25. the culture of cricket is quite new to bangladesh and thus this current generation of teenage and early-twenties players will be the first generation of "skilled" veterans which the other test teams have.

you might think bangladesh are a poor side now. but trust me, if we played a team with the same average age as the aussies i.e our best 25+ year olds. we would be bundled out for less than 50 runs each and every innings and would concede 500+ without taking a wicket every game.

Bangladesh can win ODI matches once in a while when the opponents have an off day. Otherwise Bangladesh struggle to put up a decent fight and go down tamely, as we saw in the first ODI at Chittagong.

Also, Bangladeshi players and fans rest on their past laurels instead on building up on them. For instance, they still celebrate their world cup wins over India and South Africa, even though they have been thrashed by these two opponents subsequently. Now that these two opponents will no longer take Bangladesh lightly, Bangladeshi wins against these two teams will become only rarer.

Moreover, justifying one's test status on the basis of sporadic ODI wins is a strange habit that BCB and Bangladesh fans have. Test matches are entirely different matters.

South Africa are taking bangladesh lighly .Why do you think we sent our 3 best players home and blooding young batsmen and not playing our quicks ?

Back