Biggest six ever?

Absolutely massive. Can't remember many bigger. Possibly Gayle off Lee at the Oval.

His one off Symonds was bigger but this one's up there too.

That was enormous.
I can't really think of a bigger one ATM.

yes the balls tend to to further in South Africa due to the thing air at high altitudes, so yeah that was huge!

As big or if not bigger than the one v Symonds.

The biggest I recall was one from aiden blizzard in KFC T20 BIG BASH. The ball landed in the car park.

This is probably one of the top 10 biggest sixes

ganguly has hit out of stadium many times.. he hitde silva out of stadium. probably thats the biggest one

ganguly has hit out of stadium many times.. he hitde silva out of stadium. probably thats the biggest one

Plenty of batsman have hit out of the stadium, but I don't recall any going over a stand as big as the one in jo'burg.

Pollock confirms its the biggest SIX hit at the Wanderers the ball ended up in the Golf course

No that was special i don't remember anything like that before

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

This is the biggest I have seen

this will be around 160m

vs Maclern

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="fr"><p>Shahid Afridi u deserve 12 for that. That is the biggest I've ever seen. Massive!!!</p>— Ravi Bopara (@ravibopara) <a href="https://twitter.com/ravibopara/status/313305639453614080">17 mars 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

needpics.gif

Nasser Hussain loves Boom boom

Naseer Hussain highlighted the name Boom Boom for Afridi and from Boycot
Keep it up Afridi

I believe that was the biggest 6 I have seen in 20 years of cricket.

Shaun Pollock was no doubt that was the biggest 6 ever at Joburg.

Has to be up there in the top 3 of the biggest ever.... and probably the biggest in international cricket

One of the biggest hit ever. That was huge

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Did anyone see a measurement on that Afridi six? Do they even do that here in SA? Way are we guessing? <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23125m">#125m</a></p>— Scott Styris (@scottbstyris) <a href="https://twitter.com/scottbstyris/status/313328359100784642">March 17, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

monster hit by Pollard

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_9DZhLlAXB8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Havn't seen the video for this one yet but the biggest i've seen in recent times was the 129m six Martin Guptill hit off Tsotsobe last year.

Biggest ever is one Nathan Astle hit when playing for Canterbury. Some say it still hasn't landed.

Let's keep this discussion to international cricket.

I am sure there have been many in domestic cricket but it's not the same.

destruction...... that was such a huge hit.... tomorrow news a "golfer in hospital due to a flying cricket ball" :p :p :p

That was a biggy.....so was his against Symonds/Lehmann @ Wacca

you could see it still hadn't reached it peak when it hit the roof... depending on your measuring it.... if you look at the trajectory and with no obstacles in its path.... you could get a rough estimate using trig maths to calculate where it would have landed.

if the six is just measured on distance until it hits something, this is still big, but maybe not the biggest.

If it had a clear path, looking at google maps and wanderes stradium, looks like it would have landed some 200m near the golf course green at that end

That was monster , afridi you beast , you destroyed bowler career lol

its 158 meter. Everyone on facebook is claiming world record for the longest six has been broken.

Ok guys I have done some rough calculation from Google Earth. Not sure if that's accurate or not. I'm not good at all with Maths, statistics and geometry either. But this is what I came up with. Let me know what you guys think of this?

qxqn9y.jpg

I remember Saeed Anwar hitting Terry Alderman for a hooked six at Sydney. I think it went over those green stands. Bill Lawry talks about it even today. It was the same game in which Imran bowled his foible wicket maiden last over which is now a very popular YouTube clip. I listened to that on my Panasonic radio as an 11-year-old.

Actually they could be right... I realized didn't take the actual distance of descend into consideration in the snapshot above, I just took the distance where the ball had impacted.

Defo the biggest six I have seen. :afridi Maybe Gayle's sixes would come closer

you could see it still hadn't reached it peak when it hit the roof... depending on your measuring it.... if you look at the trajectory and with no obstacles in its path.... you could get a rough estimate using trig maths to calculate where it would have landed.

if the six is just measured on distance until it hits something, this is still big, but maybe not the biggest.

If it had a clear path, looking at google maps and wanderes stradium, looks like it would have landed some 200m near the golf course green at that end
I love what Afridi does to some people! :))) :)))

I remember Saeed Anwar hitting Terry Alderman for a hooked six at Sydney. I think it went over those green stands. Bill Lawry talks about it even today. It was the same game in which Imran bowled his foible wicket maiden last over which is now a very popular YouTube clip. I listened to that on my Panasonic radio as an 11-year-old.

It was not a hook. It was some sort of a sweep which went on top of the stands. In those days, with those bats, it was a terrific hit.

For gods sake, it was big. Huge infact. I lost my breath for a few seconds.

Afridi made 88 runs and played an amazing innings. He hit wonderful shots. THE six got him SIX runs. We lost.

Who cares about the size?

Here it is..

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SYn69-klfrE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rest In Peace ball.

Typical answer from an Indian fan..lol....

One has to be blind to notice this six as probably the biggest the world has ever seen.

ganguly one went over the stand out in the park

Afridi is a monster, so pls don't compare any other SC batsman with his pathan's power. Give credit where its due, its a quality to do so.

Reaction to Afridi 158 meter six

Few Interesting Comments from Players n Personalities All Over the world about shahid Afridi After the Match ( Read Below ) !!
Lala constructed a World Record by hitting all time huge six of 158 meters, in the history of Cricket.
Scott Styris tweeted: That was a ridiculously big six from Afridi!
Ravi Bopara @ravibopara
Shahid Afridi u deserve 12 for that. That is the biggest I’ve ever seen. Massive!!!

Source: http://crickethighlights1.com/crick...n-over-longest-six-by-shahid-afridi-5576.html

Don't know about distance traveled but that was probably the biggest six I've ever seen!

Its just rumours posted on twitter then retweeted by hundreds and then websites picking it up.

Rumours are it was measuring 158.5 metres.

:6 :6 :6

the number of beast :afridi

antichrist is among us and he's hitting sixes for fun..........WOAH

Back