Boxing Thread

You claimed Andre Berto has 30 KO's :)))

And guys check this guy out he is now justifying Andre Berto as a Floyd Opponent a guy that lost 3 times in his last 6 fights on the basis of his incredible Knockout Ratio, WHAT AN ABSOLUTE JOKE you are I have no words for your idiocity

Algieri who Pacquiao made look like a c class amateur had Khan wobbling several times throughout the fight :)))

Its a tough choice for MoneyMay does he go with someone who made Algieri look like a monster or does he choose Berto a man who like Maidana is sure to give an entertaining fight?

Algieri who Pacquiao made look like a c class amateur had Khan wobbling several times throughout the fight :)))

Its a tough choice for MoneyMay does he go with someone who made Algieri look like a monster or does he choose Berto a man who like Maidana is sure to give an entertaining fight?

The same guy he's ducking given his cowardice :yk2

How about he goes for a guy that has lost 3 times in his last 6 fights a guy called Andre Berto, a guy who Floyd Fantards claim has 30 Knockouts, the same fantards who justify a Floyd opponent specifically on a Knockout Ratio, that too a Knockout ratio which is false :)))

You continue to humiliate yourself :))) so much for bigging up Floyd as one of the best :))) CherryPicking King of the Sport :yk

Last edited:
Shaz, that fan boy makes me cringe.

It wouldn't surprise me if he's got a tattoo of the letters TMT on his backside.

Anyway don't believe the rumours until Floyd announces the opponent himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He probably does as well :))

I know they are rumours at the moment but checkout Floyd Fantards trying to feed posters garbage that Andre Berto has 30 KO's and on the basis of that he should be facing Floyd LOL Berto doesn't even have 30 KO's :)))

Possibly discussions ongoing for GGG v Lemieux, that would be a good fight and an actual good test for GGG. GGG v Ward has been touted and if it went ahead then it should be done at catch weight at 164 as niether fighter would then have an advantage.

He probably does as well :))

I know they are rumours at the moment but checkout Floyd Fantards trying to feed posters garbage that Andre Berto has 30 KO's and on the basis of that he should be facing Floyd LOL Berto doesn't even have 30 KO's :)))

the fight is confirmed berto vs Floyd. What a copout from money. Hope he fights one more for his 50th but doubt it..

the fight is confirmed berto vs Floyd. What a copout from money. Hope he fights one more for his 50th but doubt it..

He has received offers already for the 50th and am 500% sure he is going for it, going past Marciano is just too tempting. Well I guess it's a fitting way to hang his boots, remind us all of the legacy he left behind by facing the great Andre Berto.

With Khan, thurman, brook all been snubbed by FMJ maybe its time all 3 of them proved themselves by maybe fighting each other

Khan doesn't deserve the fight with Floyd so I'm glad he is not getting it, a bit of karma for Khan as he is doing the same thing with Kell Brook.

Berto didn't deserve it but as long as Khan isn't getting that payday I am glad.

No one is beating Floyd anyway, Berto/Khan would go the exact same way.

Khan is waiting to see whether he'll get Manny/JMM, if not he should for Brooks, if he loses to Thurman/Garcia, that fight gets crushed, the fight with Brook would still be huge in the UK but a lot of people would still lose interest and I think he actually has a solid chance in beating Brook

Khan doesn't deserve the fight with Floyd so I'm glad he is not getting it, a bit of karma for Khan as he is doing the same thing with Kell Brook.

Berto didn't deserve it but as long as Khan isn't getting that payday I am glad.

Khan is waiting to see whether he'll get Manny/JMM, if not he should for Brooks, if he loses to Thurman/Garcia, that fight gets crushed, the fight with Brook would still be huge in the UK but a lot of people would still lose interest and I think he actually has a solid chance in beating Brook

Khan made the most sense financially and who enjoys watching Floyd against bums or guys past it besides his delusional fans? Khan wasn't going to end the streak but his speed would have made the fight interesting at least. Floyd could have even gone for Bradley but Berto? that's the final nail in the coffin as far as his legacy as a cherry picker is concerned.

How is "Khan doing the same with Brook" He has been chasing Floyd all this time and depending on who he fights next we may or may not make that claim. Besides, Brook is not the be and end all.... the same welter conqueror that has made defences against the legendary no no dan and Frankie Gavin, there are more reputable names such as Thurman, JMM, Bradley and Manny.

[MENTION=135934]Jabo[/MENTION] both Brook and Khan could lose their upcoming fights to tomato cans and they'd still sell out wembley. They legit hate each others guts and the rivalry has captured the imagination of the UK fans who love good old brawls that will be hyped as a personal battle. It would do good numbers on sky to but obviously it would be even bigger if Khan beats Thurman, Bradley, JMM etc one of those guys and Brook defends his title against some of the top 5 welters.

New Boxing Thread...

Lol your glad Khan isn't getting the pay day. You do know Khan is worth in region of £20 million, right?

Why do some people burn? jealousy will get you nowhere in life.

Lol your glad Khan isn't getting the pay day. You do know Khan is worth in region of £20 million, right?

Jealousy? lol, that has nothing to do with it.
The fact that he talks so much BS yet cherry picks his opponents and still talks crap like he is fighting the elite is why many people dislike him.
Fighting Floyd = payday for Khan because he would have got paid more than what Berto is likely going to get paid, and when he would have lost, he would have still have been valuable (to make a rematch with Garcia or fight Brook) because he lost to Floyd.. not to someone like Thurman or an ordinary figher

The fact that he was he was about to do a dance for us against Algieri shows how he doesn't belong in a ring with Floyd, an opponent who was given to him so he looks good, and he did the oppososite

Jealousy? lol, that has nothing to do with it.
The fact that he talks so much BS yet cherry picks his opponents and still talks crap like he is fighting the elite is why many people dislike him.
Fighting Floyd = payday for Khan because he would have got paid more than what Berto is likely going to get paid, and when he would have lost, he would have still have been valuable (to make a rematch with Garcia or fight Brook) because he lost to Floyd.. not to someone like Thurman or an ordinary figher

The fact that he was he was about to do a dance for us against Algieri shows how he doesn't belong in a ring with Floyd, an opponent who was given to him so he looks good, and he did the oppososite

"Crap like he is fighting the ellite" well compared to majority of the names that were being talked up as Floyd opponents Khan has the better resume, also who has he ducked at light welter? and even at welter, they've been rebuilding his career and stock after the KO loss with the aim of nailing the Floyd Fight; fighters are only calling Khan out now.

And as it has been established that Floyd has passed on Khan, he deserves criticism if he doesn't get in the ring with a top 5 welter in his next fight. Speaking of his resume at welter, he defeated diaz a guy who drew with porter, alexander and a Collazo yes the same bum who was dubbed a difficult opponent for Thurman after his poor performance against him.

Khan is pretty well off and although a pay day is nice I doubt every fighter wants to step in the ring with him with the intention of going through the motions (Unless you are Adrien Broner), despite how overrated the king of cherry picking Lord Floyd is concerned; ending his streak would do wonders for the fighters stock.

Apparently Khan was going to step in the ring with Floyd and lay on the mat; yeah how dare they pay him! And sure it's Khans fault for being a bigger name then Berto and bringing more money to the table then him.

"Crap like he is fighting the ellite" well compared to majority of the names that were being talked up as Floyd opponents Khan has the better resume, also who has he ducked at light welter? and even at welter, they've been rebuilding his career and stock after the KO loss with the aim of nailing the Floyd Fight; fighters are only calling Khan out now.

And as it has been established that Floyd has passed on Khan, he deserves criticism if he doesn't get in the ring with a top 5 welter in his next fight. Speaking of his resume at welter, he defeated diaz a guy who drew with porter, alexander and a Collazo yes the same bum who was dubbed a difficult opponent for Thurman after his poor performance against him.

Khan is pretty well off and although a pay day is nice I doubt every fighter wants to step in the ring with him with the intention of going through the motions (Unless you are Adrien Broner), despite how overrated the king of cherry picking Lord Floyd is concerned; ending his streak would do wonders for the fighters stock.

The Diaz fight where Khan was dancing around the ring all night?
The same Alexander who he dodged back a year or 2 ago before so he could get the Floyd fight and didn't want to risk losing

Khan only has speed, and that isn't going to give Floyd any trouble at all, his IQ is horrible, his defence has gone worse since switching to Virgil, and he still makes the same mistakes he made from day 1

Of course everyone one wants a shot at Floyd, I don't blame him for going after it but the amount of **** he talked and then not even be able to follow up on his own fights.. he should have just shut up and concentrated on the Algeri fight, if he gave a better performance he may have actually got the fight.

The Diaz fight where Khan was dancing around the ring all night?
The same Alexander who he dodged back a year or 2 ago before so he could get the Floyd fight and didn't want to risk losing

Khan only has speed, and that isn't going to give Floyd any trouble at all, his IQ is horrible, his defence has gone worse since switching to Virgil, and he still makes the same mistakes he made from day 1

Of course everyone one wants a shot at Floyd, I don't blame him for going after it but the amount of **** he talked and then not even be able to follow up on his own fights.. he should have just shut up and concentrated on the Algeri fight, if he gave a better performance he may have actually got the fight.

As far as I can remember I believe he won that fight after suffering a KO loss from garcia? And just pointing out that it was the same Diaz that drew with Porter the special fighter who defeated the legendary Brook. What? if he dodged him then why fight him a year later? because at that time he was all set to fight Alexander in december but because of Floyd he didn't. And lets say he did dodge him, Alexander was made to look like an amateur a year later so what's your point?

All of that is completely irrelevant, sure Floyd is going to be the favourite no matter who he faces but Khan made the most sense financially and in comparison to every other fighter out there it would have been interesting option given Khan's speed because we have seen Floyd struggle against quick hands in the past and that's how the fight would have been promoted.

As if you're going to get a Floyd fight with legendary performances, heck after the performance against Alexander Floyd didn't know who Khan is apparently. If Khan was going to get it, would have been on the basis of that awful performance against Alegerie because that's how Floyd cherry picks his fighters or else you wouldn't be seeing him face Berto. Floyd has officially ducked Khan.

Been away for 5 weeks teaching at a summer camp so am a little behind on things...

In short...there is no defence for Floyd fighting Berto...anyone who tries to claim this is a legitimate fight is taking fanboyism to new levels...

The guy has lost 2/3 of his last relevant fights...including Karass...Lopez has looked done for a while...getting a title fight off beating Josesito Lopez is just plain trolling...

This is a stay busy fight which is shamefully on PPV...tbf all i see this as Mayweather trying to show just how big an attraction he is...that he can fight an awful fight and will likely still beat Cotto and Alvarez when the numbers are revealed...

Still the fact that hes picked the easiest possible fight doesn't mean those he isnt fighting stand a chance...fact is he just beat Manny Pacquiao who is a level above all the rest of those who want to fight Floyd...

Hes certainly not running scared of Khan...and Khan V Manny could be interesting for a while...

I also certainly dont believe this is Floyds final fight...he will go for that 50th fight...

Thurman V Porter is apparently done which is an excellent fight...

Brook and Bradley are negotiating which is excellent news...

A lineup of:

Manny V Amir
Porter V Thurman
Brook V Bradley

Looks very good indeed...

As far as I can remember I believe he won that fight after suffering a KO loss from garcia? And just pointing out that it was the same Diaz that drew with Porter the special fighter who defeated the legendary Brook. What? if he dodged him then why fight him a year later? because at that time he was all set to fight Alexander in december but because of Floyd he didn't. And lets say he did dodge him, Alexander was made to look like an amateur a year later so what's your point?

All of that is completely irrelevant, sure Floyd is going to be the favourite no matter who he faces but Khan made the most sense financially and in comparison to every other fighter out there it would have been interesting option given Khan's speed because we have seen Floyd struggle against quick hands in the past and that's how the fight would have been promoted.

As if you're going to get a Floyd fight with legendary performances, heck after the performance against Alexander Floyd didn't know who Khan is apparently. If Khan was going to get it, would have been on the basis of that awful performance against Alegerie because that's how Floyd cherry picks his fighters or else you wouldn't be seeing him face Berto. Floyd has officially ducked Khan.

You do fail to mention though that Porter dominated Diaz in their rematch...and also fail to mention that Porter was judged to be rubbish after he got that draw...Diaz is a journeyman and both Porter and Khan looked shocking against him...Porter was not the favourite against Alexander because of the fights against Diaz...

I'm not suggesting Khan doesn't deserve Mayweather...cos if Berto deserves Mayweather then I guess most fighters should but none of Khans wins have been special...tbf all the top contenders have got to a stage where they should be fighting each other...Thurman/Porter are doing that...Bradley and Brook seem to be...and Khans taking a good step by trying to fight Manny...

Been away for 5 weeks teaching at a summer camp so am a little behind on things...

In short...there is no defence for Floyd fighting Berto...anyone who tries to claim this is a legitimate fight is taking fanboyism to new levels...

The guy has lost 2/3 of his last relevant fights...including Karass...Lopez has looked done for a while...getting a title fight off beating Josesito Lopez is just plain trolling...

This is a stay busy fight which is shamefully on PPV...tbf all i see this as Mayweather trying to show just how big an attraction he is...that he can fight an awful fight and will likely still beat Cotto and Alvarez when the numbers are revealed...

Still the fact that hes picked the easiest possible fight doesn't mean those he isnt fighting stand a chance...fact is he just beat Manny Pacquiao who is a level above all the rest of those who want to fight Floyd...

Hes certainly not running scared of Khan...and Khan V Manny could be interesting for a while...

I also certainly dont believe this is Floyds final fight...he will go for that 50th fight...

A lineup of:

Manny V Amir
Porter V Thurman
Brook V Bradley

These are typical excuses Floyd fans will make for his ducking of Amir Khan. So you can try and be objective about how oh he fought Berto and he's a garbage opponent but given the fanboyism you indirectly make excuses for Floyd at the same time by saying "oh no else would have standed a chance anyway" "My Hero Floyd isn't afraid of nobody" Just stop it shaykh, if you love Floyd at least have the decency to be open about it instead of trying to be all diplomatic. It's only fitting that Floyd's legacy is sealed by cherry-picking of the highest order although we all expect him to fight for the 50th time.

And oh yeah you're an English teacher aren't you hopefully it's working out, I've always had a natural gift for Languages but have pursued the Science/engineering route after it was instilled in me from a young age that I'd never be able to make a living with a qualification in English Language. Still love creative writing and literature though although don't have much time for it will always be my first passion and perhaps I'd have chosen to study it at degree level if I could go back.

Thurman/Porter, Brook/Bradley and Manny/Amir are all fantastic fights but not one of them has been confirmed; with Manny and Khan they'd have to overcome the hurdle of negotiations between Haymon and Arum again; Khan has expressed interest in fighting Manny and Arum wants it in the UAE would be huge there but at the same time I have doubts when it comes to Khan's management given how protected he has been in recent times don't know if they'd take the fight against Manny but it's the next best thing for him after Floyd. Bradley/Brook will be a cracking fight but Porter/Thurman a real war but not sure if Thurman will fight Porter and Brook wants the legendary Rios apparently so I'll give him respect when he actually steps in the ring with Bradley

In other news the overrated Garcia has defeated a faded Paulie whom I was routing for, he has always been a favourite fighter of mine and when you think about Fighters with literally no power the Magic Man has lived up to his name and overachieved ; he can be proud of his career despite having suffered all those injuries to his hand early on his career.

Last edited:
You do fail to mention though that Porter dominated Diaz in their rematch...and also fail to mention that Porter was judged to be rubbish after he got that draw...Diaz is a journeyman and both Porter and Khan looked shocking against him...Porter was not the favourite against Alexander because of the fights against Diaz...

I'm not suggesting Khan doesn't deserve Mayweather...cos if Berto deserves Mayweather then I guess most fighters should but none of Khans wins have been special...tbf all the top contenders have got to a stage where they should be fighting each other...Thurman/Porter are doing that...Bradley and Brook seem to be...and Khans taking a good step by trying to fight Manny...

Those facts are well known but just pointing how Brook's win is glorified when he didn't even dominate a guy that drew with Porter and how Khan got crap for outclassing Collazo the guy Thurman struggled against.

All this time Khan and his team made the retarded mistake of building his career in pursuit of Mayweather, now that it's not going to happen we'll see who he faces. Yeah like I said when all those guys step in the ring then I'll believe it, one thing I love about Froch he stepped in the ring with them all and you'll never find another fighter like that in this era again. In the end you want to see floyd fight a guy who might make it a bit interesting and based on that in addition to his resume in comparison to the other fighters he deserved it, maybe bradley did a little bit more but those two are the guys he should be facing but he chickened out as usual.

These are typical excuses Floyd fans will make for his ducking of Amir Khan. So you can try and be objective about how oh he fought Berto and he's a garbage opponent but given the fanboyism you indirectly make excuses for Floyd at the same time by saying "oh no else would have standed a chance anyway" "My Hero Floyd isn't afraid of nobody" Just stop it shaykh, if you love Floyd at least have the decency to be open about it instead of trying to be all diplomatic. It's only fitting that Floyd's legacy is sealed by cherry-picking of the highest order although we all expect him to fight for the 50th time.

And oh yeah you're an English teacher aren't you hopefully it's working out, I've always had a natural gift for Languages but have pursued the Science/engineering route after it was instilled in me from a young age that I'd never be able to make a living with a qualification in English Language. Still love creative writing and literature though although don't have much time for it will always be my first passion and perhaps I'd have chosen to study it at degree level if I could go back.

Thurman/Porter, Brook/Bradley and Manny/Amir are all fantastic fights but not one of them has been confirmed; with Manny and Khan they'd have to overcome the hurdle of negotiations between Haymon and Arum again; Khan has expressed interest in fighting Manny and Arum wants it in the UAE would be huge there but at the same time I have doubts when it comes to Khan's management given how protected he has been in recent times don't know if they'd take the fight against Manny but it's the next best thing for him after Floyd. Bradley/Brook will be a cracking fight but Porter/Thurman a real war but not sure if Thurman will fight Porter and Brook wants the legendary Rios apparently so I'll give him respect when he actually steps in the ring with Bradley

In other news the overrated Garcia has defeated a faded Paulie whom I was routing for, he has always been a favourite fighter of mine and when you think about Fighters with literally no power the Magic Man has lived up to his name and overachieved ; he can be proud of his career despite having suffered all those injuries to his hand early on his career.

What I am saying is this is very much a cherry pick...what this doesn't mean is all of a sudden this fight means the other fighters stand a chance against Floyd...

Floyd beat Pacquiao who is very much a level above any of the other options Floyd has...its a shambolic fight but this doesnt suddenly mean Khan is a threat...nor Brook...nor Thurman...Floyd cruises past all of them...its what makes this fight so disappointing...Berto isnt even a top 10 fighter...

I chose English teacher a while after uni actually...I did Sociology but teaching English simply allowed me to pursue my other dream which was to travel...its an easy lifestyle...especially at summer camps...did 3 hours of teaching the mornings followed by excursions around England and doing activities like playing football with the kids...

Khan is looking for a money fight hence why he targeted Floyd...its why anyone targets Floyd...so with that in mind Manny makes sense...but agreed there are a lot of hurdles...

Thurman V Porter has more or less been confirmed...Brook v Bradley is far from confirmed but it makes sense for both fighters...

Paulie was a fantastic fighter considering his deficiencies...to be as featherfisted as he is and to have achieved what he has is certainly impressive...hes an excellent pundit and im glad hes staying in boxing...

Those facts are well known but just pointing how Brook's win is glorified when he didn't even dominate a guy that drew with Porter and how Khan got crap for outclassing Collazo the guy Thurman struggled against.

All this time Khan and his team made the retarded mistake of building his career in pursuit of Mayweather, now that it's not going to happen we'll see who he faces. Yeah like I said when all those guys step in the ring then I'll believe it, one thing I love about Froch he stepped in the ring with them all and you'll never find another fighter like that in this era again. In the end you want to see floyd fight a guy who might make it a bit interesting and based on that in addition to his resume in comparison to the other fighters he deserved it, maybe bradley did a little bit more but those two are the guys he should be facing but he chickened out as usual.

Thurman isnt looking as good as I thought he was...like you mentioned he got visibly hurt by Collazo...and Guerrero who is looking past it gave him a few troubles...Bundu he cruised to a win...

He beat Collazo but id argue it was a disappointing performance...hes not getting much credit for that win in my eyes...Collazo is a journeyman fighter who agreed Khan looked a lot better against...

Porter will be a good test of where hes at as a fighter cos tbf his resume is also average at best albeit better than Brooks and Khans at welterweight...its about time these guys all started fighting each other...

What I am saying is this is very much a cherry pick...what this doesn't mean is all of a sudden this fight means the other fighters stand a chance against Floyd...

Floyd beat Pacquiao who is very much a level above any of the other options Floyd has...its a shambolic fight but this doesnt suddenly mean Khan is a threat...nor Brook...nor Thurman...Floyd cruises past all of them...its what makes this fight so disappointing...Berto isnt even a top 10 fighter...

I chose English teacher a while after uni actually...I did Sociology but teaching English simply allowed me to pursue my other dream which was to travel...its an easy lifestyle...especially at summer camps...did 3 hours of teaching the mornings followed by excursions around England and doing activities like playing football with the kids...

Khan is looking for a money fight hence why he targeted Floyd...its why anyone targets Floyd...so with that in mind Manny makes sense...but agreed there are a lot of hurdles...

Thurman V Porter has more or less been confirmed...Brook v Bradley is far from confirmed but it makes sense for both fighters...

Paulie was a fantastic fighter considering his deficiencies...to be as featherfisted as he is and to have achieved what he has is certainly impressive...hes an excellent pundit and im glad hes staying in boxing...

Yes I agree and I hold the same view that the others don't stand a chance but as we have seen in this thread it has been used as an excuse for Floyd's cherry picking as have the views that Floyd isn't afraid which is sought of trying to defend him fighting berto, if that wasn't the case he'd have fought Khan or even Bradley; there have been many pundits with more knowledge then us that have said Floyd had reason to be afraid of Khan. Stylistically it's a nightmare for Floyd and Khan is too quick, but as always Floyd finds a way to win and with Amirs questionable chin and unpredictability he'd be a big underdog.

That's so cool, it sounds like a job that maintains your mental and physical health. What is it like maintaining employment? do you work like temporary contracts which allow you to travel from time to time? or are you with an agency of some kind which requires you to work in different places. And one more question, despite doing sociology how did you manage to qualify becoming an English teacher so I guess it doesn't matter if you are doing a Science? I think it might do because with Sociology it helps you become a teacher inevitably given its relevance.

Khan is pretty well off and sure a pay day is nice but he wants to defeat Floyd because he's the top dog, it's not as if he'd turn up to lay down in the ring like that idiot Broner. It's about legacy and your status in the boxing world, defeating Floyd would elevate him to another level as would a good performance. I guess Manny is the alternative which would do wonders for his rep if he were to win, it's the next big fight out there for him in terms of elevating his status and money.

It makes sense but Brook won't find Bradley.

Same here, brilliant commentator for Sky hope he hangs around for a while

Yes I agree and I hold the same view that the others don't stand a chance but as we have seen in this thread it has been used as an excuse for Floyd's cherry picking as have the views that Floyd isn't afraid which is sought of trying to defend him fighting berto, if that wasn't the case he'd have fought Khan or even Bradley; there have been many pundits with more knowledge then us that have said Floyd had reason to be afraid of Khan. Stylistically it's a nightmare for Floyd and Khan is too quick, but as always Floyd finds a way to win and with Amirs questionable chin and unpredictability he'd be a big underdog.

That's so cool, it sounds like a job that maintains your mental and physical health. What is it like maintaining employment? do you work like temporary contracts which allow you to travel from time to time? or are you with an agency of some kind which requires you to work in different places. And one more question, despite doing sociology how did you manage to qualify becoming an English teacher so I guess it doesn't matter if you are doing a Science? I think it might do because with Sociology it helps you become a teacher inevitably given its relevance.

Khan is pretty well off and sure a pay day is nice but he wants to defeat Floyd because he's the top dog, it's not as if he'd turn up to lay down in the ring like that idiot Broner. It's about legacy and your status in the boxing world, defeating Floyd would elevate him to another level as would a good performance. I guess Manny is the alternative which would do wonders for his rep if he were to win, it's the next big fight out there for him in terms of elevating his status and money.

It makes sense but Brook won't find Bradley.

Same here, brilliant commentator for Sky hope he hangs around for a while

Theres a big line between Khan could pose Floyd a few problems and Khan having a chance of winning...

Khan is probably the most intriguing fight out there stylistically for Floyd...but to suggest a guy who just beat Manny Pacquiao is scared of Khan is a massive stretch...

Teaching English isnt difficult to get into whatever you study...all you need is a degree and a CELTA qualification (a 1 month intensive course) and you are good to go...i work a max of 24hrs a week and live comfortably wherever I am...its not raise a family money but its certainly nice as a single man in Europe...

Arum has confirmed that he and Hearn are negotiating the fight...

Theres a big line between Khan could pose Floyd a few problems and Khan having a chance of winning...

Khan is probably the most intriguing fight out there stylistically for Floyd...but to suggest a guy who just beat Manny Pacquiao is scared of Khan is a massive stretch...

Teaching English isnt difficult to get into whatever you study...all you need is a degree and a CELTA qualification (a 1 month intensive course) and you are good to go...i work a max of 24hrs a week and live comfortably wherever I am...its not raise a family money but its certainly nice as a single man in Europe...

Arum has confirmed that he and Hearn are negotiating the fight...

We can believe that Floyd can beat Khan but he's not getting in the ring with him is he? despite the fact that it makes the most financial sense and it being the most intriguing fight out there for him he has ducked Khan and since he has ducked Khan it's pretty much common sense to claim he fears Khan and has doubts about pulling of the win; only a fanboy would reject this completely logical view about chickenweather.

Fair enough, good on you for doing what you like and chilling out.

Finally!...there is actually boxing this weekend...

Santa Cruz V Mares is a good fight...
Lol Mayorga V Mosley made it to PPV in the US...i am actually intrigued by this fight...

Mayorga v Mosley was a joke...no other word to describe it...Mayorga is doing what he has to for a paycheck...

Impressed with what I saw from Santa Cruz...comprehensive win that...although Mares is certainly not the Mares of old...

Brook V Chavez has been signed...decent fight albeit one Brook should win...

Chavez was beating Rios before a silly DQ and is a much better fighter than Rios imo...but he got a gift draw against Bradley and was beaten in a good fight by Thurman...this will be competitive but Brook should win this well...

Mayorga v Mosley was a joke...no other word to describe it...Mayorga is doing what he has to for a paycheck...

Impressed with what I saw from Santa Cruz...comprehensive win that...although Mares is certainly not the Mares of old...

Brook V Chavez has been signed...decent fight albeit one Brook should win...

Chavez was beating Rios before a silly DQ and is a much better fighter than Rios imo...but he got a gift draw against Bradley and was beaten in a good fight by Thurman...this will be competitive but Brook should win this well...

It's an improvement over Gavin I'll give Brook that, but this guy should be in the ring with the likes of Thurman and Bradley etc am very disappointed, they are going to overly protect Brook in his quest to nail the fight against Khan (who was doing the same in search for Floyd). I was looking forward to watching Bradley take on Thurman, this fight against Chavez isn't really a challenge.

Never watched Mayorga v Mosely; seriously, who did? :))

When is the Brook fight anyway? I guess I look foward to it in a way because he isn't fighting a thoroughbred tomato can for once....what other fights out there?

It's an improvement over Gavin I'll give Brook that, but this guy should be in the ring with the likes of Thurman and Bradley etc am very disappointed, they are going to overly protect Brook in his quest to nail the fight against Khan (who was doing the same in search for Floyd). I was looking forward to watching Bradley take on Thurman, this fight against Chavez isn't really a challenge.

When is the Brook fight anyway? I guess I look foward to it in a way because he isn't fighting a thoroughbred tomato can for once....what other fights out there?

I watched the Moseley fight. It was as expected, two old men plodding around the ring. However, Moseley is still far more refined than Mayorga, who really shouldn't be boxing anymore.

I think Bradely is made for Brook. He's too square on and will be picked off by Kel's jab. However, don't expect the fight to happen. Matchroom have a very conservative approach to promoting their big names, so expect a long list of unknowns to be lined up for Brook.

At the moment they'll only risk putting him in with the big money fighters such as Mayweather, Pac or in the UK Khan.

I personally think he takes Khan after weathering an early assault from Amir. Brook's timing and punch selection is far superior to Khan's. His work rate and stamina are a worry though.

I watched the Moseley fight. It was as expected, two old men plodding around the ring. However, Moseley is still far more refined than Mayorga, who really shouldn't be boxing anymore.

I think Bradely is made for Brook. He's too square on and will be picked off by Kel's jab. However, don't expect the fight to happen. Matchroom have a very conservative approach to promoting their big names, so expect a long list of unknowns to be lined up for Brook.

At the moment they'll only risk putting him in with the big money fighters such as Mayweather, Pac or in the UK Khan.

I personally think he takes Khan after weathering an early assault from Amir. Brook's timing and punch selection is far superior to Khan's. His work rate and stamina are a worry though.

Mosely can still go a bit, he hasn't declined on the level of a Roy Jones but he should obviously hang them up because he can no longer compete at a high level.

Bradley is great at swarming and using his height effectively to his advantage, whether it involves getting dirty is beside the point because he gets the job done and is a briliant fighter on the inside who is very quick on his feet when it comes to working the body, his speed isn't easy to deal with either and he'll be alot more accurate then wild spray gun like a porter or even the unpredictable Khan. He lacks power though but that chin is rock solid. The Jab would key for Brook and keeping Bradley at range but I don't feel like Timothy would allow him to establish it so easily.

However, Khan is a fighter tailor made for Brook and am not surprised by the desperation his promoters are displaying. Khan is a name and it's also a fight Brook has a big chance of winning, Khan is just awful against fighters who are great at cutting off the ring and it would be a matter of time before he got caught with a heavy shot; no way does Brook outbox Khan if it managed to go 12 rounds though, but then again who in the division would? I've not seen Khan totally outclassed in the Ring before, Floyd and Manny are the guys I can see who would be capable of that and there are few who have said Bradley in this thread but I just feel like he'd be overwhelmed by Khans speed and his lack of power wouldn't help him much either.

Tbf this Chavez fight is better than what anyone is doing at the moment...

Brook wanted Khan but Khan said no...and hes fighting Chavez instead...

Thurman seems to be going backwards...from Zaveck and Chavez to Diaz, Collazo, Bundu and a shot Guerrero...my early enthusiasm for Thurman is starting to wane...I hope the Porter fight does happen...

Chavez is also a better fight than Algieri...

The less said about Garcia the better...

Kell's fought 3 times this year...so the keep busy fights are fine imo...Chavez is a good fight...Gavin was a tune up and Dan was a mandatory...id say thats a decent schedule...

Bradley is the only fighter fighting consistently good fighters...hes a step up for all of these fighters...

Bradley is a much tougher fight than Khan imo...and Chavez is better than an unknown...he gave Thurman and Bradley good fights...and he beat Rios...a no name but he should have one...

Tbf this Chavez fight is better than what anyone is doing at the moment...

Brook wanted Khan but Khan said no...and hes fighting Chavez instead...

Thurman seems to be going backwards...from Zaveck and Chavez to Diaz, Collazo, Bundu and a shot Guerrero...my early enthusiasm for Thurman is starting to wane...I hope the Porter fight does happen...

Chavez is also a better fight than Algieri...

The less said about Garcia the better...

Kell's fought 3 times this year...so the keep busy fights are fine imo...Chavez is a good fight...Gavin was a tune up and Dan was a mandatory...id say thats a decent schedule...

Bradley is the only fighter fighting consistently good fighters...hes a step up for all of these fighters...

He can't keep fighting bums with the excuse of keeping busy imo but going by Kell's standards it's better then fighting an unknown like you say and I actually look forward to the encounter. When Khan was done with his mandatory, he got in the ring with Paulie and Maidana :yk2

The bradley fight was being discussed but that's not happening, I remember you mentioning it in a post and I guaranteed you bradley v Brook would not happen.

Last edited:

A lineup of:

Manny V Amir
Porter V Thurman
Brook V Bradley

:)) Neither of them are going to happen, there's a slight chance that Amir/Manny will be sorted and the initial impression suggest that it could but you never know.

Mosely can still go a bit, he hasn't declined on the level of a Roy Jones but he should obviously hang them up because he can no longer compete at a high level.

Bradley is great at swarming and using his height effectively to his advantage, whether it involves getting dirty is beside the point because he gets the job done and is a briliant fighter on the inside who is very quick on his feet when it comes to working the body, his speed isn't easy to deal with either and he'll be alot more accurate then wild spray gun like a porter or even the unpredictable Khan. He lacks power though but that chin is rock solid. The Jab would key for Brook and keeping Bradley at range but I don't feel like Timothy would allow him to establish it so easily.

However, Khan is a fighter tailor made for Brook and am not surprised by the desperation his promoters are displaying. Khan is a name and it's also a fight Brook has a big chance of winning, Khan is just awful against fighters who are great at cutting off the ring and it would be a matter of time before he got caught with a heavy shot; no way does Brook outbox Khan if it managed to go 12 rounds though, but then again who in the division would? I've not seen Khan totally outclassed in the Ring before, Floyd and Manny are the guys I can see who would be capable of that and there are few who have said Bradley in this thread but I just feel like he'd be overwhelmed by Khans speed and his lack of power wouldn't help him much either.

I agree with all your points apart from the sentence in bold. It's something I hear a lot even from pundits but I don't think it's accurate. The logic behind it is that Khan has only been hurt and stopped but never outboxed. Unfortunately, a big aspect of outboxing someone is to do so when you are hurt or they have the ascendency which is something Khan has never done, as he tends told fold under pressure.

Khan's fast starts put his opponents on the back-foot straight away. His less ambitious opponents generally tend to go in to their shell whereas the more tenacious ones cause him trouble. When faced with a fast boxer like Khan you have to systematically break him down re Chavez-Taylor 2.

Khan is a great on top fighter but if an opponent doesn't amount an offence then obviously outboxing them is easy.

Khan, with his old style would cause brook hell for the first two rounds but provided he kept his bottle and composure, I'd expect Brook to find his range and timing by the fourth. After that he either stops him or hurts him enough to send Khan in to survival mode.

Bradley is a much tougher fight than Khan imo...and Chavez is better than an unknown...he gave Thurman and Bradley good fights...and he beat Rios...a no name but he should have one...

Bradley is certainly a better calibre fighter than khan but styles make fights. A fast start by Khan would put Kel under considerable pressure and test his composure. If he weathers the storm I expect him to come on strong and stop Khan. However, the fast start could create problems for Brook, and if he bloodies his nose (which is susceptible) or opens a cut, it just makes it that much more difficult for maintain his composure.

When I said Matchroom will put Brook in with "no names" it was more an acknowledgement of Matchroom practices than a slight against Chavez. In other words Chavez is probably the ceiling with regards to the calibre of opponents Brook will face unless there is a massive financial reward. So the likes of Thurman are unlikely to happen. Khan, Mayweather and Pac are the only ones they will step up for.

In a weight division which is full of biggest names, Brook has agreed to fight another bum.

What happen to fighting Bradley? Full of **** Kell and Eddie his promoter.

Mystrey and Atif...on what basis is Chaves a garbage opponent...Im presuming you have never seen him fight or likely haven't heard of him hence the nonsensical comments...

He's given Thurman his best fight...and is easily imo Thurmans best win...

He got a gift against Bradley...but again acquitted himself better than some of Bradleys opponents...Alexander, Peterson for instance who didnt even get a round in...

And just like he got a gift against Bradley...he was robbed of a win against Brandon Rios...

Chaves is a much bigger test than Algieri or Collazo who are who Khan and Thurman just feasted on...

Chaves is a Bum like rest of Kells opponents apart from Porter.

You carry on defending Brooks opponents..

p.s. Your not the only person on here who keeps up to date with boxing, so stop chatting ****.

Kell Brook fans are fooled easily...

What happen to soo called huge fight for Kelly, Eddie Hearns was hyping up few months back?

Chaves is a Bum like rest of Kells opponents apart from Porter.

You carry on defending Brooks opponents..

p.s. Your not the only person on here who keeps up to date with boxing, so stop chatting ****.

Erm actually I said Gavin was rubbish...and so is Dan...Chaves isn't...

Dan was a mandatory and a return from a serious injury...Gavin was a keep busy...Chaves is a legitimate fight...Gavin to me is a dud fight and I said it on here...my defence for the Gavin fight wasnt Gavin but the fact that Brook would have fought Khan if Khan was willing...which obviously he wasnt...he was beating feather fisted light welterweights like Algieri instead...

Chaves was deemed legitimate enough for Bradley to fight...and he has given Thurman his biggest test...all and well saying you keep up to date but calling Chaves a bum is nonsensical frankly...be honest have you seen any of these fights?...

Chaves V Rios
Chaves V Thurman
Chaves V Bradley

If you have then i'd love you to explain your Chaves is a bum comment...

Brook fighting another garbage opponent. Other than Porter his CV is a joke.

In a weight division which is full of biggest names, Brook has agreed to fight another bum.

What happen to fighting Bradley? Full of **** Kell and Eddie his promoter.

Chaves isn't a bum but it's still a disappointing fight when Brook should be fighting top 5 in the division. Khan wants to get in the ring with bigger fish and not a guy with zero star appeal who has fought nothing but tomato cans who his fanboys will sugar coat with the theory that "awww he's keeping busy though my little kelly beaver". Just because he can't get Khan (a fight that wouldn't be as challenging) he'll take on a Chaves instead of Bradley knowing the coward he is and how protected his team are. Khan has been somewhat protected in his bid for the fight with Floyd but he's still fought Diaz (the guy who drew with porter), Alexander and Collazo (the guy who thurman struggled against); sure they are all easy fights for Khan but then so would Brook facing Khan be an easy for him then wouldn't it? but his fanboys obviously use Khan not fighting Brook as an excuse to fight guys like Chaves instead of Bradley. When Khan won a world title and was done with his mandatory he was facing guys like Paulie and Maidana, who does Brook pick? Gavin and Chaves :))) :))) the legendary kelly beaver :bow: Brook needs to get rid of this habit of not getting in the ring with the cream of the crop, he's a world champion now so should behave like one; my god he has such an awful resume absolutely shocking

I agree with all your points apart from the sentence in bold. It's something I hear a lot even from pundits but I don't think it's accurate. The logic behind it is that Khan has only been hurt and stopped but never outboxed. Unfortunately, a big aspect of outboxing someone is to do so when you are hurt or they have the ascendency which is something Khan has never done, as he tends told fold under pressure.

Khan's fast starts put his opponents on the back-foot straight away. His less ambitious opponents generally tend to go in to their shell whereas the more tenacious ones cause him trouble. When faced with a fast boxer like Khan you have to systematically break him down re Chavez-Taylor 2.

Khan is a great on top fighter but if an opponent doesn't amount an offence then obviously outboxing them is easy.

Khan, with his old style would cause brook hell for the first two rounds but provided he kept his bottle and composure, I'd expect Brook to find his range and timing by the fourth. After that he either stops him or hurts him enough to send Khan in to survival mode.

I said that based on Khan's performances throughout his pro-career, I've never seen him get dominated over the space of 12 rounds. There have been fights where he has been in trouble but has managed to get the win thanks to his ability to win rounds with speed and movement. I do agree with you that there needs to be a certain degree of adaptability when one is under-pressure and there are fighters in the division who are capable of out-boxing Khan, tbh the key to defeating him is simple = cut the ring off and apply pressure, if you have decent power it's highly likely that Khan gets knocked down if not KO'd.

Which Old Style do you speak off, the one with Roach or the one which he won a world title with against Kotelnik? A big part of what made the style with Roach Succesful was the conditioning provided by Ariza and he's no longer serving Khan. I agree, Kell would be the favourite no doubt.

Chaves isn't a bum but it's still a disappointing fight when Brook should be fighting top 5 in the division. Khan wants to get in the ring with bigger fish and not a guy with zero star appeal who has fought nothing but tomato cans who his fanboys will sugar coat with the theory that "awww he's keeping busy though my little kelly beaver". Just because he can't get Khan (a fight that wouldn't be as challenging) he'll take on a Chaves instead of Bradley knowing the coward he is and how protected his team are. Khan has been somewhat protected in his bid for the fight with Floyd but he's still fought Diaz (the guy who drew with porter), Alexander and Collazo (the guy who thurman struggled against); sure they are all easy fights for Khan but then so would Brook facing Khan be an easy for him then wouldn't it? but his fanboys obviously use Khan not fighting Brook as an excuse to fight guys like Chaves instead of Bradley. When Khan won a world title and was done with his mandatory he was facing guys like Paulie and Maidana, who does Brook pick? Gavin and Chaves :))) :))) the legendary kelly beaver :bow: Brook needs to get rid of this habit of not getting in the ring with the cream of the crop, he's a world champion now so should behave like one; my god he has such an awful resume absolutely shocking

+1

Khan has fought:

Maidana, Alexander, Peterson, Garcia, Paulie, Judah

Brook's CV has only got Porter.

If it was other way around people would be blasting Khan to seventh hell. The hypocrisy to big Brook up is shocking. The guy has fought absolute garbage and is continuing to fight second rate opponents. Bradley, Maidana, Alexander, Peterson, Garcia, Paulie, Judah, Ortiz anyone from the list he hasn't fought and won't do.

I said that based on Khan's performances throughout his pro-career, I've never seen him get dominated over the space of 12 rounds. There have been fights where he has been in trouble but has managed to get the win thanks to his ability to win rounds with speed and movement. I do agree with you that there needs to be a certain degree of adaptability when one is under-pressure and there are fighters in the division who are capable of out-boxing Khan, tbh the key to defeating him is simple = cut the ring off and apply pressure, if you have decent power it's highly likely that Khan gets knocked down if not KO'd.

Which Old Style do you speak off, the one with Roach or the one which he won a world title with against Kotelnik? A big part of what made the style with Roach Succesful was the conditioning provided by Ariza and he's no longer serving Khan. I agree, Kell would be the favourite no doubt.

I was referring to the style he had under Roach but even the style he had with Oliver Harrison I think would suit him better than what he is currently doing. Sure, it would require greater stamina but Brook's main weaknesses are his work rate and stamina. If Khan pushes him in the early rounds a tiring Brook won't be able to maintain his composure.

Unfortunately, the counter-punching style they are trying to install in Khan under Hunter cannot be learned, it has to be understood rather. Khan's biggest weakness isn't his chin but his low ring IQ and lack of basic intelligence. He seems deluded and doesn't seem to acknowledge his shortcomings, always making excuses for failures. If he doesn't acknowledge weaknesses, how is he going to correct them.

I like using the example of Nigel Benn, who was an aggressive yet crude brawler who was heavily hyped early in his career before he was exposed by Watson. After his defeat he packed his backs and went to the states and learnt to box. Now, I'm not saying Benn became a masterful boxer, far from it, but he became far more refined. He didn't stop there, when returned to the UK he hooked up with Jimmy Tibbs, who in my opinion is the best British trainer of the last 30 years. It always baffled me why Khan's people didn't try to get Tibbs on board at the start of his career rather that going for the cheaper Oliver Harrison.

Unfortunately, Khan's family who seem to run his affairs don't seem the sharpest and lack an understanding of the fight game.

I was referring to the style he had under Roach but even the style he had with Oliver Harrison I think would suit him better than what he is currently doing. Sure, it would require greater stamina but Brook's main weaknesses are his work rate and stamina. If Khan pushes him in the early rounds a tiring Brook won't be able to maintain his composure.

Unfortunately, the counter-punching style they are trying to install in Khan under Hunter cannot be learned, it has to be understood rather. Khan's biggest weakness isn't his chin but his low ring IQ and lack of basic intelligence. He seems deluded and doesn't seem to acknowledge his shortcomings, always making excuses for failures. If he doesn't acknowledge weaknesses, how is he going to correct them.

I like using the example of Nigel Benn, who was an aggressive yet crude brawler who was heavily hyped early in his career before he was exposed by Watson. After his defeat he packed his backs and went to the states and learnt to box. Now, I'm not saying Benn became a masterful boxer, far from it, but he became far more refined. He didn't stop there, when returned to the UK he hooked up with Jimmy Tibbs, who in my opinion is the best British trainer of the last 30 years. It always baffled me why Khan's people didn't try to get Tibbs on board at the start of his career rather that going for the cheaper Oliver Harrison.

Unfortunately, Khan's family who seem to run his affairs don't seem the sharpest and lack an understanding of the fight game.

That style under Roach was pretty reckless don't you think, he was looking to trade all the time and I agree he made best use of his natural ability but he got caught more often then at any point in his career prior to that; what made that style work was the strength and conditioning provided by Alex Ariza. I think the style he used to defeat Kotelnik works for him best given his limitations in terms of the lack of Boxing IQ which you speak off, therefore him trying to learn counter-punching is the same as Ricky Hatton learning how to box. After the Algerie fight it was refreshing off him to actually come out and say that I go so much to improve, he also hinted at rifts with the trainer and how he knows what works for him best and that what Hunter is teaching him is not necessarily the be and end all.....he has doubts himself, it's best to switch before it's too late. The biggest culprits who are responsible for his delusions are Khan's management; it's about time he grows up and realises he is better of without those glorified Taxi Drivers. What is Jimmy Tibbs up to these days?

Last edited:
That style under Roach was pretty reckless don't you think, he was looking to trade all the time and I agree he made best use of his natural ability but he got caught more often then at any point in his career prior to that; what made that style work was the strength and conditioning provided by Alex Ariza. I think the style he used to defeat Kotelnik works for him best given his limitations in terms of the lack of Boxing IQ which you speak off, therefore him trying to learn counter-punching is the same as Ricky Hatton learning how to box. After the Algerie fight it was refreshing off him to actually come out and say that I go so much to improve, he also hinted at rifts with the trainer and how he knows what works for him best and that what Hunter is teaching him is not necessarily the be and end all.....he has doubts himself, it's best to switch before it's too late. The biggest culprits who are responsible for his delusions are Khan's management; it's about time he grows up and realises he is better of without those glorified Taxi Drivers. What is Jimmy Tibbs up to these days?

I'm not sure the "reckless" approach can be attributed to Roach or if it was even "reckless".

I think he's style seemed more reckless than it actually was. He was facing younger guys with better timing. I will maintain to this day that Garcia didn't get lucky, he timed him with that shot. If you watch the fight he threw the same shot in the preceding rounds and his accuracy improved each time.

I think the style under Roach was best suited to him, but Khan's ignorance and arrogance made him believe that he could stay in the pocket slightly longer than he should and he got caught. But I'm yet to be convinced that he was this all out reckless fighting machine. I think that is being disingenuous to fighters like Garcia, who isn't special but has solid fundamentals.

He never traded heavily, more like he'd try to rush his combos and then get caught and reel out of trouble.

The above is about Khan fans in general not aimed at you.

I also have a problem with Khan always blaming his coaches and trainers for his failings. I think Manny Steward could have have helped but I doubt anyone can change him too much.

Jimmy Tibbs is pretty much retired now, I think he's in his 70s.

I'm not sure the "reckless" approach can be attributed to Roach or if it was even "reckless".

I think he's style seemed more reckless than it actually was. He was facing younger guys with better timing. I will maintain to this day that Garcia didn't get lucky, he timed him with that shot. If you watch the fight he threw the same shot in the preceding rounds and his accuracy improved each time.

I think the style under Roach was best suited to him, but Khan's ignorance and arrogance made him believe that he could stay in the pocket slightly longer than he should and he got caught. But I'm yet to be convinced that he was this all out reckless fighting machine. I think that is being disingenuous to fighters like Garcia, who isn't special but has solid fundamentals.

He never traded heavily, more like he'd try to rush his combos and then get caught and reel out of trouble.

The above is about Khan fans in general not aimed at you.

I also have a problem with Khan always blaming his coaches and trainers for his failings. I think Manny Steward could have have helped but I doubt anyone can change him too much.

Jimmy Tibbs is pretty much retired now, I think he's in his 70s.

I personally prefer the style he used against Kotelnik but can't argue with the points you have made; it is also worth mentioning that Khan's best career wins came under Roach. Khan did stay in the pocket for too long but it was the Alex Ariza conditioning which helped him get through; that must have made him feel as if he was immortal but for the Garcia fight there had been rifts between Khan and Ariza; more specifically the glorified Cabbie's didn't know how to deal with Alex. Anyhow that hurt his preparation in terms of conditioning as did the comments by Garcia dad that "pakis can't fight" :)). But that was one hell of a left hook and Garcia deserves credit for the shot, 9 times out of 10 though you'd expect Khan to defeat an opponent that lacks big time when it comes to speed and footwork (And it takes a lot for me to say that considering I always favour guys with power when it comes to facing Amir). Garcia is the most overrated undefeated fighter in recent times.

Anyhow we need to see Khan against Thurman or Bradley to truly see how far he has come but I believe he's stuck in two minds and he'd only do well against guys that don't come forward. Expect him to change trainers if he loses again lol

[MENTION=133972]shaykh[/MENTION] [MENTION=1080]miandadrules[/MENTION] did you know this?

http://sportnews4me.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/carl-froch-reveals-naseem-hamed-is.html

Carl Froch has revealed that Naseem Hamed is the inspiration behind his glittering career.

Froch claims he quit boxing early in his career because of nerves before returning to the ring after being dazzled by Naz.

The super-middleweight king says he loved Hamed's flashy style and was inspired to try and copy him in the ring.

Froch never looked back and has won the WBC title twice, as well as the IBF and WBA belts.

Speaking on ITV4's Sports Life Stories, Froch said: "I used to often go into the changing rooms and think, 'Oh God, I've got to go. What if I just don't come out, or what if I just disappear out the door?'.

"So in my head I was thinking about running. It was against everything natural for me and for a human being to stand and fight. It's fight or flight. In boxing, you've got to fight, you haven't got the option, you can't run off, you can't go home.

"I was still playing at it, very much didn't really want to fight. So I stopped boxing.

"Prince Naseem Hamed, and people laugh when I say that, he was my inspiration for getting back into boxing.

Champ: Froch celebrates his Wembley victory over George Groves
"He brought that element of excitement. His arms would be down here, he would be sticking his chin out, and finding a big uppercut, and he used to land it.

"It used to look spectacular and the crowd would go mental, and he used to land two or three more shots, then he would do a little dance.

"I was never into the dancing and the gloating, but I loved the style - the low hands. And I fight like that myself now."

:))

The low hands, sticking chin out certainly back up Froch's claims that Naseem inspired him, didn't know he boosted his confidence and helped him resume his boxing career. It's hard to believe isn't it? Froch basically said fighting never came natural to him at all and he often wanted to run away when it came to the day of the fight. Am not sure but I think Tyson mentioned something similar about being afraid of his opponents. Froch actually quit boxing at one point though until Naseem Hamed inspired him to lace up the gloves again. You do find though, the guys who are often the scared the most or find something completely unnatural; tend to have the biggest hearts. Bravo Froch :bow:

[MENTION=133972]shaykh[/MENTION] [MENTION=1080]miandadrules[/MENTION] did you know this?

http://sportnews4me.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/carl-froch-reveals-naseem-hamed-is.html

:))

The low hands, sticking chin out certainly back up Froch's claims that Naseem inspired him, didn't know he boosted his confidence and helped him resume his boxing career. It's hard to believe isn't it? Froch basically said fighting never came natural to him at all and he often wanted to run away when it came to the day of the fight. Am not sure but I think Tyson mentioned something similar about being afraid of his opponents. Froch actually quit boxing at one point though until Naseem Hamed inspired him to lace up the gloves again. You do find though, the guys who are often the scared the most or find something completely unnatural; tend to have the biggest hearts. Bravo Froch :bow:

Fear is the friend of exceptional people.

Possible rumours of Amir khan maybe fighting ruslan provodnikov next (some one who is naturally a light welterweight) would be another dissapointing choice of opponent if its true.

Possible rumours of Amir khan maybe fighting ruslan provodnikov next (some one who is naturally a light welterweight) would be another dissapointing choice of opponent if its true.

Stylistically it's a dangerous fight for Khan, he struggles against come-forward fighters and Ruslan has serious power; we saw what he did to Bradley at Welterweight. Fans will obviously nit-pick as much as they possibly can to have a go at Khan, Thurman fought Collazo and struggled; wasn't he not a genuine welter as well? Anyhow fighters move up all the time what's the big deal? Khan is a Light Welter himself. Manny is obviously still injured and they want Khan to fight in December. This isn't confirmed at the moment and I don't see it happening, Haymon wouldn't take the risk. Ruslan is a dangerous fighter, even moreso for Khan.

Anyway trust Amjid to throw a tantrum about this, you complained about Khan not fighting punchers and now this "not naturally welter" crap, if they fight Khan deserves credit.

Last edited:
Stylistically it's a dangerous fight for Khan, he struggles against come-forward fighters and Ruslan has serious power; we saw what he did to Bradley at Welterweight. Fans will obviously nit-pick as much as they possibly can to have a go at Khan, Thurman fought Collazo and struggled; wasn't he not a genuine welter as well? Anyhow fighters move up all the time what's the big deal? Khan is a Light Welter himself. Manny is obviously still injured and they want Khan to fight in December. This isn't confirmed at the moment and I don't see it happening, Haymon wouldn't take the risk. Ruslan is a dangerous fighter, even moreso for Khan.

Anyway trust Amjid to throw a tantrum about this, you complained about Khan not fighting punchers and now this "not naturally welter" crap, if they fight Khan deserves credit.

If Khan takes the fight i will give him credit, its a fight khan should win as long as he doesnt leave his glass chin hanging out to be smashed.

:))) I didn't even realise Mayweather was fighting until today. It's only fitting that he fought Berto, the defining legacy of the greatest cherry picking fraud boxing has ever seen. Am glad he was boo'd, I mean who does that even happen to especially when the fight was promoted as the final one LOL says it all really.

[MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] did you watch the Groves v Jack fight? What did you make of the decision? it was close but apparently Jack landed the telling blows, it also helped that he floored George in the 1st Round. Either way, anything short of a dominant performance was never going to get him the win in Las Vegas. Very disappointing for British fans, Groves can't catch a break while Chunky has already won a world title; was hoping for the both to have a big domestic tear up at some point but if George continues to lose that won't happen

Joshua was supposed to get a tough challenge from the undefeated commonwealth champion but finished his opponent in the quickest time of his career I think :)) It's on the skysports boxing website guys, you can check it out in great quality.

Also Moseley claims that Team Khan have been in talks with him about a potential fight in Dubai, Shane is a name and has serious power but he's not someone Khan should be fighting given that he is past his prime and has lost too many times in his last 5 fights.

Last edited:
:))) I didn't even realise Mayweather was fighting until today. It's only fitting that he fought Berto, the defining legacy of the greatest cherry picking fraud boxing has ever seen. Am glad he was boo'd, I mean who does that even happen to especially when the fight was promoted as the final one LOL says it all really.

Amir Khan's comments during and after the fight were ridiculous. Someone from his team really needs to sit him down and give him a good talking to.

Amir Khan's comments during and after the fight were ridiculous. Someone from his team really needs to sit him down and give him a good talking to.

What fight? Floyd fight? I couldn't find the motivation to see that, am glad they boo'd that overrated bum out of the building in his "retirement" fight

shaz,

Not seen the groves fight yet as i was busy over the weekend, il watch a re-run of the fight on youtube and then let you know what i think, more often then not a challenger usually has to show more intent and be the busier boxer to get a verdict over a champ when it comes to points decision but il say more once ive seen the fight.

Cant wait for Joshua v Whyte in december that feud is simmering nicely.

I watched the groves fight last night and Badou jack deserved to win it, Groves looks pretty shot as a fighter and the early knock down didnt help, Groves boxed well after knock down up until 6th round and then appeared to gas out as usual and Jack was connecting with cleaner shots. Groves lack of work rate late in fight cost him fight.

Jack looks like a solid fight like arthur abrahams, but hes nothing special and the SWM is a pretty open one with no real stand out fighters. on a side note it now depends whether Andre ward stays at SMW and cleans up division or does he move up to LHW and fight some real tough fights for himself.

So much for being GOAT lol. :))

Fury is a clown and he will get knocked out by klitchko all these antics will have no effect on this opponent. i can see the fight lasting 6 rounds max.

Looking forward to GGG and lemieux fight for however long it lasts in a few weeks time. Should be a good test for GGG.

Fury is a clown and he will get knocked out by klitchko all these antics will have no effect on this opponent. i can see the fight lasting 6 rounds max.

So building hype for a fight and creating interest makes him a clown? Guys like Fury are what the HW division needs; he's very charismatic and entertaining. Wlad is great but am sick of his one dimensional performances and boring feuds with the usual HW bums, no offence if you enjoy that:yk2

Klitchko v Fury is a genuine superfight in the HW division.

"This Klit is gettin' licked" :)))

No matter of how bad he is gonna perform in the ring, but the bulk of what he's talking about, is actually true. Indeed Klitschkos boring fighting style (jab,jab,clinch,jab,jab,clinch) makes his victories look very dull - + selecting bums as opponents, who aren't able to deliver any competitive fight (often due to the size difference). Ulitimately, the supremacy of the Klitschko brothers in the HW division, led to a decline of its popularity, which I hope changes after Wlads retirement.

"This Klit is gettin' licked" :)))

No matter of how bad he is gonna perform in the ring, but the bulk of what he's talking about, is actually true. Indeed Klitschkos boring fighting style (jab,jab,clinch,jab,jab,clinch) makes his victories look very dull - + selecting bums as opponents, who aren't able to deliver any competitive fight (often due to the size difference). Ulitimately, the supremacy of the Klitschko brothers in the HW division, led to a decline of its popularity, which I hope changes after Wlads retirement.

:))) Am glad someone has a sense of bloody humour! Bro thing is HW division is weak as it is but this is a genuine superfight when you look at how good a specific fighter is in comparison to those who are active. Fury is Klitchko's biggest challenge since Haye and he's done one hell of a job promoting this fight.

Fury is right though but I don't entirely agree with the bums bit because Wlad can only beat what you put before him and until now the HW division had been on the decline but we've got some exciting guys coming through which is actually good for a fighter of Wlad's quality. Wlad realises that there are some decent fighters coming through (a chance for him to cement his legacy as an elite level HW) and extended his deal to 5 more fights I think, hope to see him face the likes of Wilder and Joshua to at some point. Apparently Haye is coming out of retirement to so throw him into the mix to

I don't think Fury is going to perform as bad as people expect him to

:))) Am glad someone has a sense of bloody humour! Bro thing is HW division is weak as it is but this is a genuine superfight when you look at how good a specific fighter is in comparison to those who are active. Fury is Klitchko's biggest challenge since Haye and he's done one hell of a job promoting this fight.

Fury is right though but I don't entirely agree with the bums bit because Wlad can only beat what you put before him and until now the HW division had been on the decline but we've got some exciting guys coming through which is actually good for a fighter of Wlad's quality. Wlad realises that there are some decent fighters coming through (a chance for him to cement his legacy as an elite level HW) and extended his deal to 5 more fights I think, hope to see him face the likes of Wilder and Joshua to at some point. Apparently Haye is coming out of retirement to so throw him into the mix to

True, the HW division looks really really weak at the moment. I had some hope in Povetkin beating Klitschko, but i think, it was a bit too early for him to take on Wlad. Actually, this loss was a blessing in disguise, as he now came back in astonishing form, by knocking out his last 3 opponents - including Carlos Takam & Carlos Takam, who've been traded as future Klitschko opponents. As you mentioned Joshua, im pretty sure that he will be reigning the HW divison in the upcoming years, after grabbing the title. He really seems to be the real deal, but first needs to prove himself against some worthy opponent, to please all his leery haters.

I'm a bit concerned about Deontay Wilder to be honest, due to his drop in performance after the Stivierne fight. He needed almost 10 rounds to knock out some unknown fighter, after being wobbled numerous times before. He really needs to work on his defence and try to take on some proper opponent, e.g Povetkin, who also is his mandatory opponent.

True, the HW division looks really really weak at the moment. I had some hope in Povetkin beating Klitschko, but i think, it was a bit too early for him to take on Wlad. Actually, this loss was a blessing in disguise, as he now came back in astonishing form, by knocking out his last 3 opponents - including Carlos Takam & Carlos Takam, who've been traded as future Klitschko opponents. As you mentioned Joshua, im pretty sure that he will be reigning the HW divison in the upcoming years, after grabbing the title. He really seems to be the real deal, but first needs to prove himself against some worthy opponent, to please all his leery haters.

I'm a bit concerned about Deontay Wilder to be honest, due to his drop in performance after the Stivierne fight. He needed almost 10 rounds to knock out some unknown fighter, after being wobbled numerous times before. He really needs to work on his defence and try to take on some proper opponent, e.g Povetkin, who also is his mandatory opponent.

Wlad is underrated because of how weak the HW division is imo but for me now that Floyd is gone and Manny is inactive he's the no.1 P4P fighter on the planet. Joshua is so good that the haters want him to fight someone that will actually challenge him despite how inexperienced he is :)) that just proves how good Joshua is lol how many fights has he had again? lol it's perfectly okay for Joshua to learn and develop gradually; at this stage of his career he doesn't need to step in the ring with a world beater. I fear Wilder is going to be protected in the long run, it's a shame because I'd love to see him take on Fury, Joshua or Klitchko. He'll come good hopefully, he has the tools to be a successful world champion but is the hunger there any-more? there's no urgency behind his punches. At this rate it wouldn't be a huge upset if Joshua defeated him in his next fight.

Wlad is underrated because of how weak the HW division is imo but for me now that Floyd is gone and Manny is inactive he's the no.1 P4P fighter on the planet. Joshua is so good that the haters want him to fight someone that will actually challenge him despite how inexperienced he is :)) that just proves how good Joshua is lol how many fights has he had again? lol it's perfectly okay for Joshua to learn and develop gradually; at this stage of his career he doesn't need to step in the ring with a world beater. I fear Wilder is going to be protected in the long run, it's a shame because I'd love to see him take on Fury, Joshua or Klitchko. He'll come good hopefully, he has the tools to be a successful world champion but is the hunger there any-more? there's no urgency behind his punches. At this rate it wouldn't be a huge upset if Joshua defeated him in his next fight.

I agree (y)

Back