Boxing Thread

Wlad didn't go for the rematch clause! Great news; Tyson can relax for a bit now and dictate terms whoever he chooses to fight next. Should go for Wilder after a few fights but I doubt he will step in the ring with him. Haye is making his comeback to so exciting times ahead with so many decent prospects out there

That made my night! man we should be seeing more peeps in this thread, this was a genuine super-fight and Fury came out on top [MENTION=133972]shaykh[/MENTION] what did you make the performance; us two have been amongst the few here that actually rated fury :))

[MENTION=131867]London_Lahori[/MENTION] The Klit GOT Licked mate :)))

Imagine the face off between Wilder and Fury :)) [MENTION=137238]Anchorman[/MENTION] for once we have two brilliant mic workers in the HW division and their styles will make for entertaining viewing now that Jab and Grab have been Buried

Last edited:
[MENTION=1080]miandadrules[/MENTION] what are your thoughts on the Fury v Wlad fight did you watch it?

What do these fellows have in common besides being British World Champions?

b1c7c1eb-bd84-45d1-a94c-81713b1ac774.jpg

Drinks on me for whoever is correct without cheating! :))

Also, take your hat off to Asif Vali :))) the guy was like a pitbull backstage was having none of the Wlad Camps shenanigans and put them in their place

[MENTION=7774]Robert[/MENTION] Britain have a new World HW Champ! and he has beaten the best from the last 10 years and a genuine top 3 Pound 4 Pound fighter in the world!

FINALLY!

Ive been waiting for too long for this moment! All the hope, all the believe, all my rancor towards Klitschkos reign over the HW division did not go in vain! Although, i need to admit, that the fight may not been of the highest class, its still appreciable of how Fury outboxed Klitschko in every fricking department! Klitschko may have dropped some dangerous punches and combinations towards the end of the bout, but still wasnt able to work out Furys style of boxing. Never seen Klitschko that frustated and over the sea in my life! Im happy to witness a new era of HW boxing. Its time for the Bronze Bomber to show up, and step up against the Gypsy King; which im actually not expecting, due to his reluctance to fight the mandatory challenger Povetkin :/ . Nevertheless, looking forward to an - hopefully - exciting future for the HW division - without " clinch feasts" anymore ;)

Last edited:
FINALLY!

Ive been waiting for too long for this moment! All the hope, all the believe, all my rancor towards Klitschkos reign over the HW division did not go in vain! Although, i need to admit, that the fight may not been of the highest class, its still appreciable of how Fury outboxed Klitschko in every fricking department! Klitschko may have dropped some dangerous punches and combinations towards the end of the bout, but still wasnt able to work out Furys style of boxing. Never seen Klitschko that frustated and over the sea in my life! Im happy to witness a new era of HW boxing. Its time for the Bronze Bomber to show up, and step up against the Gypsy King; which im actually not expecting, due to his reluctance to fight the mandatory challenger Povetkin :/ . Nevertheless, looking forward to an - hopefully - exciting future for the HW division - without " clinch feasts" anymore ;)

Couldn't agree with you more! I remember us two discussing the state of the HW division and Fury/Wlad not so long ago; you were on of the few who also agreed that Fury wouldn't do as bad as people expected him so fair play to you sir! Hopefully this huge win will usher a decent period for HW boxing! we got Joshua, Povetkin, Wilder, Haye, Fury and even Parker may end up being a decent prospect all in the mix and hey! Wlad isn't done yet, he still has four more fights left on his deal and I am sure he will be back. Many peeps are saying oh Wlad got old :facepalm: what kind of bs is that, sure Fury was younger but are people not aware of how good Wlad has been and his strength/conditioning is incredible; even for his age he is in supreme condition. What we saw was Fury outclass him on every level and Wlad just didn't have anything to answer with. Wlad isn't ranked in the top 2 P4P rankings for no reason, Fury has beaten an elite fighter in his prime at his best. Wlad still beats many of the HW fighters in the division and I'd put my money on him against Wilder who is unproven; what do you reckon

Couldn't agree with you more! I remember us two discussing the state of the HW division and Fury/Wlad not so long ago; you were on of the few who also agreed that Fury wouldn't do as bad as people expected him so fair play to you sir! Hopefully this huge win will usher a decent period for HW boxing! we got Joshua, Povetkin, Wilder, Haye, Fury and even Parker may end up being a decent prospect all in the mix and hey! Wlad isn't done yet, he still has four more fights left on his deal and I am sure he will be back. Many peeps are saying oh Wlad got old :facepalm: what kind of bs is that, sure Fury was younger but are people not aware of how good Wlad has been and his strength/conditioning is incredible; even for his age he is in supreme condition. What we saw was Fury outclass him on every level and Wlad just didn't have anything to answer with. Wlad isn't ranked in the top 2 P4P rankings for no reason, Fury has beaten an elite fighter in his prime at his best. Wlad still beats many of the HW fighters in the division and I'd put my money on him against Wilder who is unproven; what do you reckon

Yes, you are right. Still remember our recent discussion about the HW division. Sky Sports should really look up, to hire us as their new pundits for HW fights :D.

Agreed with everything you stated above! Although, i may be one of the harshest critics of the Klitschko brothers, i need to admit, that some of these accusations and reasons to justify Klitschkos bad performance today, arise from lack of knowlegde. Everyone, who saw Wlads recent fights, can state without any hesitation, that Wlad still possesses the same venom he used to, while outclassing opponents like Haye & Povetkin, who've been taunted as the potential "Klitschko conquerors". And exactly these facts had me thinking a while about a possible first round KO win by Wlad today, but have been completely diminished, after seeing Furys mental state before the fight. Never seen anyone else this confident about his win, with such a straight face, apart from the great Muhammad Ali - that doesnt mean, that i am putting Fury into the same ranks as Ali, just the antics of the former having striking similarities of the latter.

Regarding your assessment about a bout between Wlad and Deontay, you are right. Not only Wilder is unproven, he also doesnt seem to be willing to fight a proper opponent. Having fought two absolute garbage boxers after his fight against Stiverne, he now tries to avoid a fight against Alexander Povetkin, who beside being his mandatory opponent, enjoyed some decent form of late, after his devastating defeat against Wlad. Despite having rated Deontay as a potential HW dominator, i now begin to doubt his capability to beat some decent fighter in the division, due to his recent decline in performance.

Will there be a re match?

Yes. Both fighters yesterday expressed their willingness to step up again against each other. Only that now it is up to the Fury camp, to decide when and where to fight - most possibly in Manchester, England in the late spring of 2016.

[MENTION=1080]miandadrules[/MENTION] what are your thoughts on the Fury v Wlad fight did you watch it?

I did watch it.

I didn't think he could fight that sort of fight but I'm happy he proved me wrong.

I also don't agree it was age catching up with Klitschko. Wlad needs to set himself before the fires his jab and he throws everything off his jab. Fury's movement meant the Klitschko had constantly reset himself and rarely got set long enough to deliver his ram rod jab.

The rounds in which Klitschko had success were when he loosened up a little tried touching with the jab and looking to score rather push Fury back. But to Fury's credit, each time Wlad did that Fury looked to take the initiative back.

This is where mayweather is such a genius..... fights accordingly to win against different types of opponent.

If klitchko had let a few go, he would have floored and knocked out fury long before the final round. He should have got close and brawled with fury a bit and not spend the whole night chasing him around the ring and waiting for fury to fall into his plan, and by the looks of it he only had ONE plan.

Massive respect to fury though, never thought i would enojoy an ugly fight. Fury is going to be great for HW boxing, no matter how long or short the reign. He reminds me of a charcter from WWE lol. ....

Yes, you are right. Still remember our recent discussion about the HW division. Sky Sports should really look up, to hire us as their new pundits for HW fights :D.

Agreed with everything you stated above! Although, i may be one of the harshest critics of the Klitschko brothers, i need to admit, that some of these accusations and reasons to justify Klitschkos bad performance today, arise from lack of knowlegde. Everyone, who saw Wlads recent fights, can state without any hesitation, that Wlad still possesses the same venom he used to, while outclassing opponents like Haye & Povetkin, who've been taunted as the potential "Klitschko conquerors". And exactly these facts had me thinking a while about a possible first round KO win by Wlad today, but have been completely diminished, after seeing Furys mental state before the fight. Never seen anyone else this confident about his win, with such a straight face, apart from the great Muhammad Ali - that doesnt mean, that i am putting Fury into the same ranks as Ali, just the antics of the former having striking similarities of the latter.

Regarding your assessment about a bout between Wlad and Deontay, you are right. Not only Wilder is unproven, he also doesnt seem to be willing to fight a proper opponent. Having fought two absolute garbage boxers after his fight against Stiverne, he now tries to avoid a fight against Alexander Povetkin, who beside being his mandatory opponent, enjoyed some decent form of late, after his devastating defeat against Wlad. Despite having rated Deontay as a potential HW dominator, i now begin to doubt his capability to beat some decent fighter in the division, due to his recent decline in performance.

Couldn't agree more! people don't realise just how good Wlad has been. This article before the fight against Fury addresses his influence on the HW division, I personally believe that Wlad gets a bit of slack mainly because of the lack of competition in the division so when he has been the only decent fighter in the HW division for such a long time he ought to get scrutinized for his style. But here's the article:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/34871218

Great read! [MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION]

For those who view Wladimir Klitschko as the man who killed heavyweight boxing, the village of Going is an ideal resting place. No chaos here. No stinking nook crawling with gym rats under rattling railway tracks. Just champagne and chocolates, fluffy dressing gowns and blissful calm in the pure Alpine air.

It is here, nestled between Austria's Kitzbuhel Alps and the Wilder Kaiser mountains, that Klitschko hones his act. Some call it boring. But Klitschko is onto something when he tells us: "My world looks different to yours."

For roughly four decades, between Ingemar Johansson losing the world heavyweight crown in 1960 and the emergence of Wladimir and his older brother Vitali in the early 2000s, the public thought it knew what a heavyweight world champion looked like: almost always black and almost always American. Unless it was the movies.

Never mind that Wladimir was an Olympic champion, with 140 amateur fights to his name, he wasn't 'right' for plenty of reasons. Wrong colour. Wrong nation. Too urbane. Too intelligent. Too clean. Too boring. When was the last time Wladimir threatened to eat somebody's children?

Given the dark side of Mike Tyson's reign - including rape and cannibalism - you might have thought boxing fans would welcome something purer. But as Tyson says: "We live in a bizarre world - nobody likes the nice guy, people like to see the schmuck win." Sports fans went wild for Tyson when he was precision engineering, but it seemed like every neck in the world was craning for a view when he was careering off the tracks.

Urbanity and boxing have always made strange bedfellows. Gene Tunney, a heavyweight world champion in the 1920s, was lampooned for his apparent erudition. After losing to Tunney, the great Harry Greb said: "Is it true, as people say, that Gene reads books?" Bad enough losing, but losing to an intellectual? The shame of it.

Not only did Tunney read books, he lectured on Shakespeare, married a wealthy socialite and preached scientific boxing. As such, the American public never really forgave him for dethroning the chaotic and marauding Jack Dempsey.

The 39-year-old Klitschko, whose brother is now mayor of Kiev, speaks four languages, has a PhD, plays chess and prefers order to chaos.

"I like to take care of the tiny details," says Klitschko, who proves it by spending a full hour having his hands wrapped at his media workout in the hotel tennis centre, while middle-aged guests bunt balls to each other behind a partition. "It's those tiny details that bring everything together. Chaos means emotions and emotions are a downside."

Having spurned the advances of maniacal American promoter Don King, the Klitschko brothers instead moved to Germany from their native Ukraine in 1996. And as the heavyweight scene waned in the United States, it began to blossom in far-flung Europe.

In 2000, Wladimir beat American Chris Byrd to win the WBO belt that Vitali had lost to Byrd after injuring a shoulder six months earlier.

But with the rise of the Klitschkos - Vitali covered himself in glory in losing to Britain's Lennox Lewis in 2003, before winning the WBC title the following year - a now familiar narrative took root.

The Klitschkos, the story went, had only risen because there was no real resistance. Evander Holyfield was past it, Tyson was a husk, Riddick Bowe was long since gone, Lewis retired in 2004. But the Klitschkos could only whup what was put in front of them.

Even the great Joe Louis, who made 25 world title defences between 1937 and 1948, suffered from the same problem, if you can call it that - a succession of his opponents were given the collective nickname 'The Bum of the Month Club'.

"Wladimir won't be properly appreciated until after he's left the sport," says his trainer and anchor Johnathon Banks, who took over when the venerable Emanuel Steward passed away in 2012 but has been working with Klitschko since 2004.

"It was the same with Joe Louis and Larry Holmes [who made 20 successful title defences between 1978 and 1985]. Wladimir has been champion for nine years, appeared in 27 world title fights, made 23 world title defences. Eventually, records start speaking for themselves and you can't ignore them.

"Once he leaves, the belts will be handed around like turkeys on Thanksgiving Day and no-one will know who the champion is from one week to the next. Then, maybe, Wladimir will start getting the credit he deserves."

Wladimir claims not to care whether people think he is boring or not. But based on his feats in the ring, the accusation is curious anyway. For 'boring', read 'too good', just like so many other great champions.

He has won 64 of his 67 professional fights, 53 by knockout. Shocking defeats by Corrie Sanders in 2003, which brought his first heavyweight reign to an end, and Lamon Brewster in 2004 persuaded Wladimir to become more cautious, but he has never stopped bouncing opponents off the canvas.

As between the ropes, what constitutes being boring beyond the ropes is a personal thing. Tyson Fury thinks dressing as Batman, headbutting melons and comparing gay people to paedophiles makes him "the most colourful and charismatic heavyweight since Muhammad Ali". While you won't find many who agree with him, there are those who think Fury is a breath of fresh air for the division.

"I don't act crazy or swear, so I'm thankful to all these British heavyweights for doing all the crazy stuff they do," says Klitschko, who had to put up with plenty of nonsense from David Haye before he beat him in 2011 and was spat at by Dereck Chisora before Chisora lost to Vitali in 2012.

"I'm aware of my role. It would have looked bad if I'd let my fists fly and finished Dereck Chisora before my brother beat him. It took a lot of strength not to respond to that and I felt mentally sick for a couple of days. But I was tough enough to hold myself back. I know there are people looking up to me."

Actually, Klitschko was doing just fine without all these pesky Brits. His fights take place in football stadiums - he will face Fury in Dusseldorf's Esprit Arena, which holds 54,000 - and attract an average of 10 million viewers on German TV. So when people claim Klitschko has not captured the public's imagination, they are being selective.

German Bernd Boente is the cool hand on the Klitschko tiller, a picture of European refinement - tan, ice-white teeth and hair - and a clear window on how boxing works in his country.

"German fans aren't the same as fans in Britain or America - they like their boxers to be polite and humble," says Boente, who worked in the media before becoming the Klitschkos' manager in 2000.

"There's no interest in Wladimir in the US because there are no opponents for him over there. And if you fill soccer stadiums and have 16 million watching you on TV, as he did for the Haye fight, you couldn't care less about the US."

Boente is engaging company, regaling us with tales about the rock band Kiss, his beloved Bayern Munich and one absolute pearler involving a tent in Dubai, a hawk that crash-landed and ended up with a broken beak and, obviously, Chris Eubank.

Klitschko, on the other hand, prefers to keep his distance. A hotel news conference that is advertised as a round-table for UK journalists turns out to be a less intimate affair, with Klitschko fielding questions from across the room and kicking things off with a 10-minute monologue, you suspect to eat up time.

When Klitschko is asked to perform a trick - his love of magic led Fury, a devout Christian, to call him a "devil-worshipper" - at first it looks like he wants to. But he hesitates, looks at Boente for guidance and the moment passes. When one journalist suggests he might be a control freak, Klitschko wholeheartedly agrees. At least with the control bit.

Klitschko does open up about his friendship with German heavyweight great Max Schmeling, who took part in a pair of monumental fights against Louis on the eve of the Second World War - "it's my link with history, I'm carrying those experiences with me, experiences you can't buy in a shop" - but is keen to move on when asked how those defeats by Sanders and Brewster affected him.

On why he is still putting himself through all this physical and mental turmoil after all these years when he has millions in the bank and a baby by a Hollywood actress, Klitschko makes his choice sound oh so logical.

"I can do many things; my life is not only boxing," says Klitschko, who also has numerous business and charitable interests. "But the thing I do best is boxing, and beating up people for a living is most enjoyable.

"Boxing is the best education in the world, better than Harvard. It's provided me with excitement, allowed me to travel, sample different cultures, learn different languages. I haven't reached the peak of the mountain - I know I can get better. But a lot of guys want to be where I am, which keeps me motivated and is why I'm still the ultimate professional."

Watching Klitschko spar with a conveyor belt of giants, fight footage of Fury showing on screens positioned around the ring, it is difficult to disagree. And surely it's a good thing: if Klitschko is supposed to have killed heavyweight boxing, just think how dead it would be without him.

I did watch it.

I didn't think he could fight that sort of fight but I'm happy he proved me wrong.

I also don't agree it was age catching up with Klitschko. Wlad needs to set himself before the fires his jab and he throws everything off his jab. Fury's movement meant the Klitschko had constantly reset himself and rarely got set long enough to deliver his ram rod jab.

The rounds in which Klitschko had success were when he loosened up a little tried touching with the jab and looking to score rather push Fury back. But to Fury's credit, each time Wlad did that Fury looked to take the initiative back.

Many are focussing too much on how bad Wlad was rather then how good Fury did; I agree it was Fury's style which was just too much for Wlad to handle and he was caught of guard a bit. People just doesn't understand how tough boxing is, they should watch Flintoff's debut to see just how tough it is and I know there are fighters that make it look like it's a walk in the park but it takes years of hard work and craft; it just wasn't a matter of Wlad letting his hands go when he simply was unable to. I honestly felt like Fury was going to get KO'd in the final round but he hanged on for dear life, he was seriously hurt. Apparently there is a rematch clause and Wlad intends to pursue the rematch.....you see the outcome being any different?

Also 10/10 for Wladmir's Wife, damn how did that Robot manage to pull a Hollywood Babe :))) [MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] I guess he didn't lose after all when he gets to go home with her

Many are focussing too much on how bad Wlad was rather then how good Fury did; I agree it was Fury's style which was just too much for Wlad to handle and he was caught of guard a bit. People just doesn't understand how tough boxing is, they should watch Flintoff's debut to see just how tough it is and I know there are fighters that make it look like it's a walk in the park but it takes years of hard work and craft; it just wasn't a matter of Wlad letting his hands go when he simply was unable to. I honestly felt like Fury was going to get KO'd in the final round but he hanged on for dear life, he was seriously hurt. Apparently there is a rematch clause and Wlad intends to pursue the rematch.....you see the outcome being any different?

If Klitschko boxes more it will be interesting. When I say boxes, I mean slightly more on his toes and looking to touch him with a jab rather than looking to set himself and throw a heavy jab. That would at the very least allow him to get some timing and Klitschko throws his punches off the jab as he is too gun shy to lead with a straight right or left hook. That would open the fight up more.

That said this approach will leave him open to counters.

A lot depends on whether Klitschko can make the necessary adjustments.

I'll be rooting for Fury.

Typical illogical fanboyism by the usual suspect. This was a terrible, terrible fight which lead to the least terrible fighter beating a 39 year old champion who is in his last chapter of his career. You have to question some of these posters sanity going by their typical bandwagon hopping posts. A horrible result for a already depleted heavyweight division. Joshua or even the much hyped Wilder beating Klichtko would have truly been a passing of the torch moment and a huge boost for the division not this so called 27 year old who looks 50.

If Klitschko boxes more it will be interesting. When I say boxes, I mean slightly more on his toes and looking to touch him with a jab rather than looking to set himself and throw a heavy jab. That would at the very least allow him to get some timing and Klitschko throws his punches off the jab as he is too gun shy to lead with a straight right or left hook. That would open the fight up more.

That said this approach will leave him open to counters.

A lot depends on whether Klitschko can make the necessary adjustments.

I'll be rooting for Fury.

Yeah that's a great point, it's never a matter of hit and move with Klitchko his stiff jab tends to be his major weapon; I don't know if he'd be able to pull of the win in the rematch but I certainly expect a better performance. I've never seen Tyson in such great shape for any of his fights prior to the one against Wlad, he was in tremendous condition and very light on his feat; the footwork impressed me most.

Found this video on social media :))) how does Rashy Rashid aka [MENTION=130309]King_Rizzy[/MENTION] from Bradford manage to get in touch with celebs, it's beyond me but hilarious video

Typical illogical fanboyism by the usual suspect. This was a terrible, terrible fight which lead to the least terrible fighter beating a 39 year old champion who is in his last chapter of his career. You have to question some of these posters sanity going by their typical bandwagon hopping posts. A horrible result for a already depleted heavyweight division. Joshua or even the much hyped Wilder beating Klichtko would have truly been a passing of the torch moment and a huge boost for the division not this so called 27 year old who looks 50.

The irony :))) bare witness the return of FloydTard :))) [MENTION=137419]dashing_man[/MENTION] look who's back. The irony is strong in your post is strong, you're pretty much describing chicken weather :))) you're providing us some brilliant insights, "Fury is rubbish because he looks like 50" :))) keep these gems coming you absolute nugget. Thank God your disgraceful hero won't be derailing the sport any longer, apparently you call that a terrible fight yet you find this entertaining from Floyd:

run-chickens_o_GIFSoupcom.gif~c200

[MENTION=137419]dashing_man[/MENTION]

check this out:

[MENTION=137920]ShahKhan007[/MENTION] is the hater in the video :))) :)))

[MENTION=137419]dashing_man[/MENTION]

check this out:

[MENTION=137920]ShahKhan007[/MENTION] is the hater in the video :))) :)))

:))) That's actually a video on true events. But in place of Tyson it was Ronda and ShahKhan peed his pants :))) :)))

You're talking about him as if he's Valuev. I think she's the one who lucked out, her career is pretty unremarkable these days and it's because of Klitschko that she is still famous. I watched an interview of Klitschko for TIME magazine on youtube and there are plenty of girls swooning over him in the comments, not to mention he speaks 4 languages and has a PHD.

Plus she's nothing special, just has that girl next door look and is extremely short, she's no Megan Fox or prime Cameron Diaz.

I didn't say he's ugly but wlad is boring and these days women often don't look beyond superficial attraction but Wlad is famous and rich. No doubt women ought to swoon over him but Hollywood actresses? not so much. But the girl in question is intelligent and the two probably have more in common then we think so make a great couple.

Last edited:
Boring in what way? That he doesn't swear and act like an idiot like most boxers? That might attract some dumb women but I'm guessing he doesn't want someone like that.

He is a class act but lacks charisma but obviously the girl who is with him looked beyond superficial reasons given her intelligence but that's not a common occurrence bimbo or non-bimbo

Last edited:
Shaz,

You watched the Degale v Bute fight? Am just watching it now, ive seen the result but was interested to still see the fight to see how it actually went in my eyes.

Shaz,

You watched the Degale v Bute fight? Am just watching it now, ive seen the result but was interested to still see the fight to see how it actually went in my eyes.

Not yet, there's not much boxing coming up for a while now so that fight am going to savour it for a bit may watch it at some point in the next 2 weeks. Was expecting the KO but apparently Bute put in a decent effort, Gale in the end got a wide points victory though. Good win for Chunky; he is proving to be the real deal and for once we have an Olympic Gold medalist that justifies the hype ahem ahem @ Fraudley

I didn't say he's ugly but wlad is boring and these days women often don't look beyond superficial attraction but Wlad is famous and rich. No doubt women ought to swoon over him but Hollywood actresses? not so much. But the girl in question is intelligent and the two probably have more in common then we think so make a great couple.

:))) This guy never disapoints with his narrow minded views almost on all topics.

:))) This guy never disapoints with his narrow minded views almost on all topics.

Man you being alive is a big shock in itself :))) how on earth have you survived on this planet for so long with no brain you absolute nugget, these are this retards recent comments [MENTION=137419]dashing_man[/MENTION] : "Furry is rubbish because he looks like a 50 year old" "there are 57 seconds in an MMA round" "Fury v Wlad was a terrible fight but I thoroughly enjoy watching Mayweather" "Ronda Rousey would Kill Floyd in the ring" :))) :))) :))) keep these gems coming Albert, probably the worst poster on PP why are you even allowed to post in any section :irfan did Floyd pay them off? given your affiliation with him getting intimate and all:dalmiya

Last edited:
and who can forget this retard justifying Andre Berto as a Floyd opponent and even getting his KO percentage wrong when that was supposed to be one of the things which apparently was good enough for him to be deemed a legit threat :)))

Has any athelete done more self harm to his own career that Amir Khan? Despite Arum stating Pacquiao picking Khan for his final fight is very slim, Khan who is desperate for a big payday before the glass jaw completely shatters is still holding out and begging the Flipino to pick him much like he begged Floyd Money Mayweather to no avail. What a tragic destruction of a promising career.

Has any athelete done more self harm to his own career that Amir Khan? Despite Arum stating Pacquiao picking Khan for his final fight is very slim, Khan who is desperate for a big payday before the glass jaw completely shatters is still holding out and begging the Flipino to pick him much like he begged Floyd Money Mayweather to no avail. What a tragic destruction of a promising career.

Not just to their own career but to the sport of boxing, this Floyd Mayweather in all his glory:

:)))

He should just take the fight with Brooke, it will be a big payday!

Absolutely!

But I think after Algieri made him wobble on several occassions he has realized that he doesn't have much time left in the sport. So he is hoping foolishly to take a big payday in a losing effort against Pacquaio than probably take the fight with Brook and retire thereafter after losing that one too. What he doesn't realize is that a fight with Brook right now is a lot more intriguing and probably makes him more money than chasing after Pacqauio who is more than likely to fight a top rank fighter in his final fight.

Kell Brook can't fight Khan at the moment! he is too busy frying bigger fish :yk I eagerly await his much anticipated title defence against Kevin Bizier. I like how Kell is slowly climbing the ranks by defeating high profile fighters that present a great challenge, it will make the clash against Khan even bigger when they eventually meet:uakmal

Last edited:
Not yet, there's not much boxing coming up for a while now so that fight am going to savour it for a bit may watch it at some point in the next 2 weeks. Was expecting the KO but apparently Bute put in a decent effort, Gale in the end got a wide points victory though. Good win for Chunky; he is proving to be the real deal and for once we have an Olympic Gold medalist that justifies the hype ahem ahem @ Fraudley

I watched fight last night and chunky was good in 1st part of the fight and his hand speed and movement was clearly causing Bute problems, but Degale always seems to have stamina issues and wasnt that good in 2nd half of the fight and that needs to improve. He wants a unification fight against Badou Jack which would make for a very Interesting fight i think.

[MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] [MENTION=1080]miandadrules[/MENTION] does Wlad have the heart to stand toe to toe with Fury or fight on the inside? should the rematch occur. One thing I've noticed with Wlad is that the moment he is under pressure and realises he can't completely make use of his style he doesn't try to do something different or Fight; have you ever seen Wlad Fight? it's always boxing and that's not a bad thing when you have a suspect chin and it's always working for you but really need to go for it and go to war; Vitali has done so in his career against Lennox, Ali did it against Frazier and Lennox did it against Michael Grant. Wlad was just happy to get jabbed all night, lack of courage? lack of confidence to go to war? Steward said Wlad is the most talented HW he has ever trained but Lennox was the greatest given what he could implement in the ring and make certain adjustments. I understand that Fury's style wasn't easy to deal with but Wlad just goes into his shell the moment he is required to brawl; once it had sunk in that he was about to lose he went for it in the final round and almost KO'd Fury but it was too late. Wlad will need to find the courage to go to war if he is to win the rematch, no way is he going to outbox Tyson. It's going to be a tough task given Wlad's suspect chin but he's going to have to risk that am afraid.

Wlad has this dignified image but he's probably one of the dirtiest boxer's in the game, the way he stacks so many obstacles against you before the fight is insane and it seems he tends to go for cheeky headbutts on the sly. They only removed one layer off padding from the canvas, Tyson was still not use to that surface and there was too much friction between his feet and that bouncy castle; there is footage of the skin beneath Tysons feet completely ripped after the fight it looked disgusting man and he wasn't even compatible in the gloves he was given; despite all that found the courage to remain focussed and win. Wlad is such an insecure guy despite how good he is as an individual talent.

Shaz,

I still think vlad has chin problems and thats why hes take up the Jab and grab style he has had over last 10 years and at this stage of his career i doubt he can change from that, the question is if he fights fury again hes going to have to get in close to let his right hand hammer shots go so hes going to have to show some trust in his chin otherwise he will get out boxed again and 2nd fight will be easier for fury then the 1st.

Looks like Brook might be fighting a decent fighter for once! Ive never been a fan of bradley but its a step up from soft jobs he has been fighting in recent times.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2015/11/...-bradley-nearing-a-deal-for-unification-fight

If this is true and they get it on then fair play to him! I'll take my hat off to him for growing a pair for once; it's a brilliant fight and absolutely mouthwatering. It would go the distance with Bradley coming out on top in a close encounter; Brook is great at cutting of the ring, moves farely well and is very good at putting his punches together; defence is great given his movement from the feet and upper body but Bradley is just so good at swarming and working the inside like a surgeon. Who do you think would win?

If this is true and they get it on then fair play to him! I'll take my hat off to him for growing a pair for once; it's a brilliant fight and absolutely mouthwatering. It would go the distance with Bradley coming out on top in a close encounter; Brook is great at cutting of the ring, moves farely well and is very good at putting his punches together; defence is great given his movement from the feet and upper body but Bradley is just so good at swarming and working the inside like a surgeon. Who do you think would win?

I think it would be a very good fight as Bradley is good at getting in close and causing fighter problems with his inside boing skills and could cause brook problems, however bradley has never been the biggest puncher i think brooks power would be telling factor and i can see him stopping bradley late on if they did meet.

Shaz,

I still think vlad has chin problems and thats why hes take up the Jab and grab style he has had over last 10 years and at this stage of his career i doubt he can change from that, the question is if he fights fury again hes going to have to get in close to let his right hand hammer shots go so hes going to have to show some trust in his chin otherwise he will get out boxed again and 2nd fight will be easier for fury then the 1st.

Vladmir wont have home advantage either
He does have a few moments to come up with a game plan if Tyson fight unorthodox again
The most worrying thing for wladmir will be that he gave fury his hardest shot and fury beckoned him for more

I think it would be a very good fight as Bradley is good at getting in close and causing fighter problems with his inside boing skills and could cause brook problems, however bradley has never been the biggest puncher i think brooks power would be telling factor and i can see him stopping bradley late on if they did meet.

The same thought crossed my mind but Bradley does have a good chin; but it is bound to be tested against Brook who has decent power. Plus swarming is different to all out brawling; don't expect Bradley to cut loose to an extent where he throws his boxing skills out the window.

Vladmir wont have home advantage either
He does have a few moments to come up with a game plan if Tyson fight unorthodox again
The most worrying thing for wladmir will be that he gave fury his hardest shot and fury beckoned him for more

To be fair to Wlad though, he only really had a go in the final round and am not sure he hit Fury completely flush. It was too late though and Tyson was able to weather the storm, he looked out on his feet to me and perhaps it was Tysons chin that also made the shots seem more powerful then they actually were. Anyhow [MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] and chaha, Wlad has announced that he will be exercising the rematch clause guys!

https://www.instagram.com/p/-yztdju7Bg/?taken-by=klitschko_official

Am not surprised really; both fighters will make even more money and Wlad will feel like he got something to prove; almost every great HW in the past has avenged their loss after being defeated and Wlad's legacy has been questioned so he will need to find a way to beat Tyson or be remembered as a decent HW in a weak division that was out classed when he met an opponent who was able to compete at his level. Fury camp want it at wembley.....if so I'll be buying the tickets for the fight

Shaz, did you watch the whyte and joshua face off? it was an interesting watch with loads of spite and trash talking and i hope the fight does last 5-6 rounds at would be an explosive fight if both fighters do come to the party throwing all their bombs.

To be fair to Wlad though, he only really had a go in the final round and am not sure he hit Fury completely flush. It was too late though and Tyson was able to weather the storm, he looked out on his feet to me and perhaps it was Tysons chin that also made the shots seem more powerful then they actually were. Anyhow [MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] and chaha, Wlad has announced that he will be exercising the rematch clause guys!

https://www.instagram.com/p/-yztdju7Bg/?taken-by=klitschko_official

Am not surprised really; both fighters will make even more money and Wlad will feel like he got something to prove; almost every great HW in the past has avenged their loss after being defeated and Wlad's legacy has been questioned so he will need to find a way to beat Tyson or be remembered as a decent HW in a weak division that was out classed when he met an opponent who was able to compete at his level. Fury camp want it at wembley.....if so I'll be buying the tickets for the fight

Word on the press is that kitschko signed a 5 fight deal just before the fury fight, so it looks like he will honour it

Word on the press is that kitschko signed a 5 fight deal just before the fury fight, so it looks like he will honour it

The 5 fight deal was made long before the fury fight with a german TV channel; so the re-match was always going to happen since Wlad doesn't plan to retire anytime soon; he probably was swayed by the emergence of some decent names in the division, it's a great chance for him to make big money

Shaz, did you watch the whyte and joshua face off? it was an interesting watch with loads of spite and trash talking and i hope the fight does last 5-6 rounds at would be an explosive fight if both fighters do come to the party throwing all their bombs.

Nope, will check it out but those two absolutely hate each others guts. Have a bit of a rivalry going since the amateur days when Whyte had defeated Joshua. It should be an explosive fight but you just don't know what you're going to get with Joshua, everyone expected Johnson to take him around 6 rounds or even beyond that but he knocked him out early. Whyte am not sure how good he is tbh, still look forward to the fight though

The 5 fight deal was made long before the fury fight with a german TV channel; so the re-match was always going to happen since Wlad doesn't plan to retire anytime soon; he probably was swayed by the emergence of some decent names in the division, it's a great chance for him to make big money

I don't think his heart is in it but he was tied by the deal
Time will tell

I don't think his heart is in it but he was tied by the deal
Time will tell

Possibly, we'll have to see but in the end either way the rematch is going to be lucrative so that's going to be a big motivation to. I do feel like Wlad is going to train as if he got something to prove, he's been a great champion for so long and now for the first time in 11 years someone has made him taste defeat; we're going to see what Wlad is really made off, even if he loses the rematch he has to fight like his life depends on it because it's also a chance for him to cement his legacy which has taken a bit of a low blow

Impressive performance by daniel jacobs destroying peter quillin inside a round at middleweight last night, will jacobs take on GGG or avoid him now?

Impressive performance by daniel jacobs destroying peter quillin inside a round at middleweight last night, will jacobs take on GGG or avoid him now?

It is likely, if GGG comes calling they will take the opportunity because it's a chance for him to get his name out there and a decent performance against GGG won't harm him even in a losing cause (plus these days the loser in such fights tends to be very appealing just look at Algerie, he had been defeated by Manny but got his name out there and team Khan saw him as a viable opponent who would do a decent job when it comes to generating money). GGG will be happy to take the fight, everyone else is pretty much ducking him. I have doubts on whether Alvarez will get in the ring with him.

Last edited:
It is likely, if GGG comes calling they will take the opportunity because it's a chance for him to get his name out there and a decent performance against GGG won't harm him even in a losing cause (plus these days the loser in such fights tends to be very appealing just look at Algerie, he had been defeated by Manny but got his name out there and team Khan saw him as a viable opponent who would do a decent job when it comes to generating money). GGG will be happy to take the fight, everyone else is pretty much ducking him. I have doubts on whether Alvarez will get in the ring with him.

Jacobs was interviewed after the fight and he said he would happily take on cotto, Alvarez Andy lee, billy joe saunders... he doesnt even mention GGG, I doubt Jacobs will be to eager to get in ring with him.

Alvarez indeed will also avoid GGG like the plague, i doubt DLH wants his only prize fighter been smashed to bits

Jacobs was interviewed after the fight and he said he would happily take on cotto, Alvarez Andy lee, billy joe saunders... he doesnt even mention GGG, I doubt Jacobs will be to eager to get in ring with him.

Alvarez indeed will also avoid GGG like the plague, i doubt DLH wants his only prize fighter been smashed to bits

That's what I thought, it's unfortunate for fight fans. Lara should move up and face GGG, what do you think of that fight?

Andy Lee could be another opponent for GGG, would he be interested though? Everyone is avoiding GGG, he isn't Mike Tyson for gods sake grow a pair

That's what I thought, it's unfortunate for fight fans. Lara should move up and face GGG, what do you think of that fight?

It quite astonishing how buttkissing Lara fans think of him as the second coming of Tyson or something. Going by some peoples facination with Lara its seems he is the measuring stick for every boxer in all divisions. The way Lara fans big up and buttkiss their man is truly a enigna only they can understand.

It quite astonishing how buttkissing Lara fans think of him as the second coming of Tyson or something. Going by some peoples facination with Lara its seems he is the measuring stick for every boxer in all divisions. The way Lara fans big up and buttkiss their man is truly a enigna only they can understand.

Not everyone is a retarded fanboy of this boxer:

Stop embarrassing yourself you absolute nugget, how can we take your posts seriously when your lips are surgically attached to ChickenWeathers behind? and the biggest disgrace in boxing history which has derailed the sport while cherry picking like a true genius. It is beyond me how this absolute mentally inept teletbuy is comparing Lara to Tyson :facepalm: same retard that thinks Muhummad Ali would get defeated by Floyd and the same guy who claimed Ronda Rousey would get owned by Floyd :facepalm: what an absolute nugget :))) [MENTION=137419]dashing_man[/MENTION] this retard never fails to entertain us with his gems

Not everyone is a retarded fanboy of this boxer:

Stop embarrassing yourself you absolute nugget, how can we take your posts seriously when your lips are surgically attached to ChickenWeathers behind? and the biggest disgrace in boxing history which has derailed the sport while cherry picking like a true genius. It is beyond me how this absolute mentally inept teletbuy is comparing Lara to Tyson :facepalm: same retard that thinks Muhummad Ali would get defeated by Floyd and the same guy who claimed Ronda Rousey would get owned by Floyd :facepalm: what an absolute nugget :))) [MENTION=137419]dashing_man[/MENTION] this retard never fails to entertain us with his gems

wait what!! he said a light weight would beat up heavy weight legend Ali :))) :))) is this guy retard for real :facepalm:

and then he compares Floyd with a women :))) :))) dude, that's really disturbing

wait what!! he said a light weight would beat up heavy weight legend Ali :))) :))) is this guy retard for real :facepalm:

and then he compares Floyd with a women :))) :))) dude, that's really disturbing

:))) yeah he did lmao you don't watch boxing much and even you have more sense then him

[MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION]

What do you make of Ohara Davies? Lightweight prospect; from what I've seen he has decent power

Also uses the Undertakers entrance theme :)) 10/10 from me for that!

Andy Lee could be another opponent for GGG, would he be interested though? Everyone is avoiding GGG, he isn't Mike Tyson for gods sake grow a pair

I think Andy Lee would be man enough to face GGG if he gets past BJS, Lee is one of the few fighters who shirks no one.

[MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION]

What do you make of Ohara Davies? Lightweight prospect; from what I've seen he has decent power

Also uses the Undertakers entrance theme :)) 10/10 from me for that!

Il have a look at video when i get chance, but 10/10 from me if hes using undertakes entrance theme :)

Shaz,

Predictions for - Whyte v Joshua and Eubank v Spike o`sullivan?

I think Andy Lee would be man enough to face GGG if he gets past BJS, Lee is one of the few fighters who shirks no one.

Il have a look at video when i get chance, but 10/10 from me if hes using undertakes entrance theme :)

I'd like to see GGG face Lee hopefully after he wins his next fight.

He has decent power and is very patient; like how he tries to set his punches up. Here's an interview he did with sky:

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/new...ng-lightweight-blasting-his-way-to-prominence

Shaz,

Predictions for - Whyte v Joshua and Eubank v Spike o`sullivan?

Ooooooooooh some interesting fights coming up. Whyte v Joshua has the potential to be as exciting as Nas v Kevin Kelly all those years ago :)) jokes aside, I feel like Joshua will win by KO eventually but the fight will go on longer then we expect. Whyte seems to be someone who is really up for it but am not really sure how good he is, but often we always see someone punch above their weight when they don't like someone at times. It's going to be an interesting fight. Hmmm both lost to BJS hard to predict but am going with Eubank but it won't be an easy win, what do you think

Ooooooooooh some interesting fights coming up. Whyte v Joshua has the potential to be as exciting as Nas v Kevin Kelly all those years ago :)) jokes aside, I feel like Joshua will win by KO eventually but the fight will go on longer then we expect. Whyte seems to be someone who is really up for it but am not really sure how good he is, but often we always see someone punch above their weight when they don't like someone at times. It's going to be an interesting fight. Hmmm both lost to BJS hard to predict but am going with Eubank but it won't be an easy win, what do you think

The Joshua v whyte am really not sure on winner, we could see Joshua come out like callum smith did a few weeks ago and blast his opponent away in a round in a similar anticipated matched, i think Whyte will test joshua but depends wether he can handle joshuas power, from what ive seen from whyte he does have better movement, im hoping this is a real war and it last 5-6 rounds with plenty of knocks downs.

I think Eubank will stop spike, whilst spike has good power in both hands hes defensively not the greatest and i can see Eubank if hes focused stopping spike inside 1st 6 rounds. Spike to me is a good domestic fighter at best, eubank we will start to see how good or bad he is in next 12 months, the winner of the fight gets a title shot against daniel jacobs which would be really intresting fight down the line.

Mate [MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] have you seen that video! you need to check it out! so much tension it's unreal, Whyte legitimately hates Joshua called him a scumbag, fake and all sorts. Challenged Anthony to a street fight and all, I hope the fight is exciting

Good fight, whyte gave as good he could give but a poor defence cost him.

Josh also had too much power.

Some excellent fights on saturday.

Luke campbells loss was a massive shock but shows whilst hes great at domestic level hes got a lot to improve on to become european or world champ in future.

Kevin mitchell looks like a shot fighter now, hes been in two many wars and i think his latest loss will mean his last chance at a world title. Barrosa looks like hes got some punch power and he will cause Crolla a lot of problems as well.

The Spike v eubank fight was good while it lasted but eubanks won as expected but he will have to improve alot if hes going to beat Daniel jacobs.

Finally the whyte v joshua scrap was on of best heavyweight fights in recent times and hats off to both boxers for putting on such a brutal spiteful fight.

Shaz,

Should be a good fight between Billy joe saunders and Andy Lee on saturday and a tough fight to call, what do you reckon for saturday?

Back