Boxing Thread

Really good fight between BJS and Andy lee on saturday and good win for Billy joe saunders who is a very much underated fighter.

Really good fight between BJS and Andy lee on saturday and good win for Billy joe saunders who is a very much underated fighter.

*In the voice of J.R* "SHAZ619!" "SHAZ619!" "SHAZ619!" "SHAZ619!" "SHAZ619!" "SHAZ619!" "SHAZ619!"

:))

I watched the fight, how on earth did Lee survive round 3! I thought it was going to be all over, but what a champion and what a warrior. Honestly though I was hoping for Lee to win because I knew he'd step in the ring with GGG; I really want to see GGG in there with someone decent and I know he'd take Lee out of there but It would be nice to see GGG facing the best in the div then jobbers who are looking for a payday more then anything else. Alvarez, Cotto are not going to face GGG. Okay Billy doesn't feel like he is ready to step up and I get that he's got an excuse but I'd like to see him face Jacobs or Cotto next. I guess we can still see GGG v Lee but am not sure if that would be appealing to GGG now since Lee doesn't have the belt, he would still make a good opponent imo

Btw I didn't watch Degale v Bute mate, what do you make of his performance overall?

Also Amjid, Khan is done as a fighter imo if all this talk of him being a world class P4P fighter is true then he'd be a bit more active then he already is one fight a year chasing the top guys for a big pay day in the prime of his career can only mean one thing and that's his interest in a retirement pension. I get that in the division the top 5 or so for whatever reason scheduling, split or just unwillingness to won't allow the fight to happen but you can still pick out someone from the top 10 but they're not interested in matching him with anyone like that I reckon. It's also the Uncle Al effect but I think Khan is done.

Also [MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] is Ward moving up to LHW or staying at SMW, his last fight was at 172lb

Also [MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] is Ward moving up to LHW or staying at SMW, his last fight was at 172lb

Ward has moved up to LHW hes signed a 3 fight deal with HBO with the 3 fight on that contract being against Kovalev, so i think he wil have probably one easy fight at LHW as a tune up and then probably take on a recognised LHW In his 2nd fight before taking on kovalev which would be a brilliant fight probably at back end of next year.

Btw I didn't watch Degale v Bute mate, what do you make of his performance overall?

I thought De Gale was very good early in the fight, hes movement and hand speed was to much for bute but as is the norm with Degale he got sluggish as fight went on and was caught in round 10 which shook him and he spat his gum shield out which was a clever move to bide him time. I think Degale overall is getting better each fight and a unfication fight with Badou Jack would be a very interesting fight in future if its made.

Also Amjid, Khan is done as a fighter imo if all this talk of him being a world class P4P fighter is true then he'd be a bit more active then he already is one fight a year chasing the top guys for a big pay day in the prime of his career can only mean one thing and that's his interest in a retirement pension. I get that in the division the top 5 or so for whatever reason scheduling, split or just unwillingness to won't allow the fight to happen but you can still pick out someone from the top 10 but they're not interested in matching him with anyone like that I reckon. It's also the Uncle Al effect but I think Khan is done.

Khan has spent last two years chasing FMJ and now Pac man fights which he aint going to get so hes getting no big pay day and indeed is wasting his career away, i wouldnt be surprised if he has a couple more fights and retires, he seems to just have a passion for big money right now rather then forming a legacy for himself which is dissapointing as he could try and dominate the division hes in by fighting the main fighters in the division. I think the Khan v brook fight will happen this summer though.

Ward has moved up to LHW hes signed a 3 fight deal with HBO with the 3 fight on that contract being against Kovalev, so i think he wil have probably one easy fight at LHW as a tune up and then probably take on a recognised LHW In his 2nd fight before taking on kovalev which would be a brilliant fight probably at back end of next year.

I thought De Gale was very good early in the fight, hes movement and hand speed was to much for bute but as is the norm with Degale he got sluggish as fight went on and was caught in round 10 which shook him and he spat his gum shield out which was a clever move to bide him time. I think Degale overall is getting better each fight and a unfication fight with Badou Jack would be a very interesting fight in future if its made.

Khan has spent last two years chasing FMJ and now Pac man fights which he aint going to get so hes getting no big pay day and indeed is wasting his career away, i wouldnt be surprised if he has a couple more fights and retires, he seems to just have a passion for big money right now rather then forming a legacy for himself which is dissapointing as he could try and dominate the division hes in by fighting the main fighters in the division. I think the Khan v brook fight will happen this summer though.

Ward needs to find some form and shake of the rust, am not sure what he's been doing since being away from the ring; hopefully he had still been training. I really want to see him at his best, would make for an epic superfight with Kovalev. Both are brilliant fighters with contrasting styles and they will make for an entertaining encounter between two of the best amongst the P4P in the world. Would love to see Degale against Badou, and am optimistic that fight will be made.

Yeah I don't think he's interested in legacy nor is his team, that's the next best option as far as a pay day is concerned; what's your prediction for the fight? mine is Brook via TKO within 7 rounds, I say TKO because Khan always gets up :)) big heart but you can't grow muscles on a chin, I guess you can really strengthen your lower body and legs but he no longer has Alex Ariza as his strength and conditioning coach while his development under the guidance of Virgil has been rubish; tbh he isn't even active enough to implement what he learns in the gym and evolve; but beyond all that he just doesn't have the brain to be a counter puncher. It was best he remained with Freddie and Alex but had to leave because of how the relation just deteriorated

I think Khan v Brook would be a excellent fight, brook is a good fighter with his jab and on the outside but he does majorly struggle on the inside and he needs to improve on that area of majorly, Khan has good hand speed and is a good fighter up close apart from sometimes when hes letting his 2-3 shot combos go up close he can be prone to getting caught as he stays in the pocket to long. So there are issues where both fighters can be exposed khan could bludgeon Brook majorly if the fight becomes one fought at close range as khan would win the fight at ease, but at same time Brook does have power where he wears down fighters with his jab and could expose khans chin. Its a fight am sure many fans in the uk want to watch.

I think Khan v Brook would be a excellent fight, brook is a good fighter with his jab and on the outside but he does majorly struggle on the inside and he needs to improve on that area of majorly, Khan has good hand speed and is a good fighter up close apart from sometimes when hes letting his 2-3 shot combos go up close he can be prone to getting caught as he stays in the pocket to long. So there are issues where both fighters can be exposed khan could bludgeon Brook majorly if the fight becomes one fought at close range as khan would win the fight at ease, but at same time Brook does have power where he wears down fighters with his jab and could expose khans chin. Its a fight am sure many fans in the uk want to watch.

Who do you think would win?

Who do you think would win?

A real tough fight, I think Khans experience of being in with slightly better fights regularly right now gives him the slight edge but it is a real 50/50 fight.

A real tough fight, I think Khans experience of being in with slightly better fights regularly right now gives him the slight edge but it is a real 50/50 fight.

Come on bro

B4-7ewuIAAA-M6w.jpg

:))

However, I think stylistically Brook is a favourite because Khan struggles against guys which are really good at cutting off the ring. I'd say its about 60/40 in favour of Brook imo. Brook is a decent A/R boxer on the inside and outside; if Algerie made a bit of a tactical change taking it to Khan (something which doesn't come natural to him) and causing him issues imagine what Brook will do. Khan would have to box the way he did against Kotelnik if he is to win but I feel like he is at the stage of his career where he has become a bit one dimensional with little capacity to adjust, he will box on the back-foot throughout the fight defensively with the fear at the back of his head that he'll get caught if he stands toe to toe but then again Brook is a rival and as you know with rivalries emotion get the best of people and this is where Brook will have a huge advantage

Could be a possible shaun porter and keith thurman fight in late feb which would be an interesting fight and a good contrast of styles.

Could be a possible shaun porter and keith thurman fight in late feb which would be an interesting fight and a good contrast of styles.

That should be a top fight. I have no idea why Kell and Amir are ranked in the top 3 welter division by The Ring, they have Bradley Lower but in the P4P ranking he comes in at 10 :facepalm: makes no sense.

They couldn't get Floyd or Manny and beyond Khans usual charitable endeavours he has been behaving more like a retired fighter. He sent seven trucks of aid to the Greek island of Lesbos for refugees who had fled Syria. He embarked on charity work in Africa with his foundation, and put his name to projects in Pakistan, while this month he toured the flooded streets of Carlisle to help move residents’ furniture and other items, hand-delivering food parcels and hot meals to the elderly and the isolated, as well as handing out some early festive presents to young children.

Tbh am not sure why he doesn't have an MBE, there's a difference of opinion on his pro boxing career but as a 17 year old olympic silver medalist he inspired a generation of boxers, just have to look at the records which have been broken in Olympic Boxing by team GB following the 2004 Olympics and add to that the charitable efforts then he makes a strong case for an MBE but someone like Froch has it and he has not influenced the sport in the country the way Amir has.

Anyway this will be the year where we find out exactly how serious Khan is about his career in boxing. Brook has fought absolute bums since winning the title but in the summer he'll finally get in the ring with a decent opponent. Apparently Manny has confirmed he'll be facing Bradley again who even wants to see that is beyond me. I don't think Khan is going to fight anyone now, he'll be facing brook in the summer; if he does go for a tune up it will be against some feather fisted journeyman.

Carl Frampton was awarded an MBE :)))

Saunders says he is open to facing GGG (whos team have made an offer) so long management give the green light, in other words he isn't facing Triple G.

Pac man v bradley 3 what a waste of time, Pac man beat bradley in both fights pretty much and was on the end of a bad decision in the 1st fight, if this is pac mans last fight its a poor way to go out.

It will be interesting to see if Frank warren allows saunders to fight GGG they have been offered alot of money and arent likely to get that much fighting anyone else so lets see what happens.

Also Kovalevs promoters have offered Adonis stevenson a fight in summer with a 50/50 purse split which is a good offer, only problem is that one fighter is with showtime and the other HBO so whether fight happens or not is a different matter

Pac man v bradley 3 what a waste of time, Pac man beat bradley in both fights pretty much and was on the end of a bad decision in the 1st fight, if this is pac mans last fight its a poor way to go out.

It will be interesting to see if Frank warren allows saunders to fight GGG they have been offered alot of money and arent likely to get that much fighting anyone else so lets see what happens.

Also Kovalevs promoters have offered Adonis stevenson a fight in summer with a 50/50 purse split which is a good offer, only problem is that one fighter is with showtime and the other HBO so whether fight happens or not is a different matter

I know, it's really stupid but we're underestimating Bradley's value; he's a draw and Manny always does good numbers as it is. Easy fight to make and promote for Arum. Really disappointing though, I'd much rather see either fighter getting in the ring with Khan.

After more thought I think it's a win win for saunders, good money and it won't hurt his rep too much at this stage should he lose after a valiant effort because despite being world champ he's not ready to step up to the elite level just yet. However if GGG absolutely destroys him then it would really hurt his stock.

Stevenson will never step in the ring with Kovalev and the promotion issues as you say make it worse. Ward will be the one who's courageous enough to step in the ring with Kovalev, he just needs to win a few fights at LHW and improve his stock. The fight can happen towards the end of the early or early 2017.

I know, it's really stupid but we're underestimating Bradley's value; he's a draw and Manny always does good numbers as it is. Easy fight to make and promote for Arum. Really disappointing though, I'd much rather see either fighter getting in the ring with Khan.

After more thought I think it's a win win for saunders, good money and it won't hurt his rep too much at this stage should he lose after a valiant effort because despite being world champ he's not ready to step up to the elite level just yet. However if GGG absolutely destroys him then it would really hurt his stock.

Stevenson will never step in the ring with Kovalev and the promotion issues as you say make it worse. Ward will be the one who's courageous enough to step in the ring with Kovalev, he just needs to win a few fights at LHW and improve his stock. The fight can happen towards the end of the early or early 2017.

The bradley v pac man fight has simply been made by bob arum as its two fighters in his stable so they get all the money proceeds in some shape or other its been done for no other reason then that, bradley is a skilled boxer but lacks the punch power for me to trouble any top quality welterweight.

I agree saunders taking on GGG is a win/win as he would get big payday and a loss wouldnt damage him to much and he could still get other title fights but i think a fight v jacobs or rematch v eubank are more realistic for him.

The reason kovalevs team have made such an offer is because they know they will fight ward at end of the year so if the fight is after its not as marketible. If kovalev beats ward then there is no way a fight afterwards with steveson is 50/50 split. if kovalev loses to ward then wanted to fight stevenson then the fight wouldnt happen so they have made the offer at the right time, i doubt like you stevenson will take the fight even though these guys have been abusing each other on twitter.

The bradley v pac man fight has simply been made by bob arum as its two fighters in his stable so they get all the money proceeds in some shape or other its been done for no other reason then that, bradley is a skilled boxer but lacks the punch power for me to trouble any top quality welterweight.

I agree saunders taking on GGG is a win/win as he would get big payday and a loss wouldnt damage him to much and he could still get other title fights but i think a fight v jacobs or rematch v eubank are more realistic for him.

The reason kovalevs team have made such an offer is because they know they will fight ward at end of the year so if the fight is after its not as marketible. If kovalev beats ward then there is no way a fight afterwards with steveson is 50/50 split. if kovalev loses to ward then wanted to fight stevenson then the fight wouldnt happen so they have made the offer at the right time, i doubt like you stevenson will take the fight even though these guys have been abusing each other on twitter.
[MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] you should be a promoter! vah ji wahh!! such a good post and it's entirely true the stuff with kovalev/stevenson; well I guess it's now or never.

He doesn't want to fight Eubank apparently, he realises it would be a trickier fight the second time round after Eubanks recent performance. Would be great for him to take on Jacobs at this stage and it would elevate his stock to, do you think they'll take the GGG fight?

Bradley for me now that Floyd has retired is probably amongst the top 2 in the welter division imo, his record speaks for itself and his most impressive win was defeating JMM right after the stunning KO over Manny imo he lacks power but he makes up for it with his boxing ability and tremendous chin

[MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] Wilder v Artur Szpilka tomorrow, prediction for the fight?

[MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] Wilder v Artur Szpilka tomorrow, prediction for the fight?

I think wilder will stop him inside 6 rounds, i think wilder feels a little upstaged in recent times by tyson fury so i can see him putting up a good performances in his fight next week to try and send a message to tyson that he means buisness in this division

I think wilder will stop him inside 6 rounds, i think wilder feels a little upstaged in recent times by tyson fury so i can see him putting up a good performances in his fight next week to try and send a message to tyson that he means buisness in this division

Wilder is the favourite but lets not underestimate Szpika, he's a tough guy and I look past his loss against jennings because he came into that fight as a short notice opponent and he's done that again for this fight took it on short notice so that's a big disadvantage that he doesn't have a full training camp behind him. But Szpika seems really up for this fight, I've watched videos of him training and he's in tremendous shape to. Artur Szpilka also has quick hands and a big heart, his best chance will be getting Wilder to trade, Wilder can just sit on the backfoot and box all day to win using his reach but there is pressure on him to impress given his performances in the last couple of fights

Wilder is the favourite but lets not underestimate Szpika, he's a tough guy and I look past his loss against jennings because he came into that fight as a short notice opponent and he's done that again for this fight took it on short notice so that's a big disadvantage that he doesn't have a full training camp behind him. But Szpika seems really up for this fight, I've watched videos of him training and he's in tremendous shape to. Artur Szpilka also has quick hands and a big heart, his best chance will be getting Wilder to trade, Wilder can just sit on the backfoot and box all day to win using his reach but there is pressure on him to impress given his performances in the last couple of fights

i do think Szpilka can cause wilder problems as he does have some good power and hand speed, but i think wilder is a smarter boxer then most people give him credit for and i can see wilder just looking to box and using his jab and i can see him wearing Szpilka down and getting the KO.

What do you think of news that Andre ward has actually picked a good opponent for his 1st fight at LH in sullivan Barrera who is unbeaten and seen as a good fringe contender, seems like ward realizes he needs two good tests before kovalev, who do u fancy ward or kovalev when they clash?

Also seems like Billy joe saunders wants GGG to offer him more money and fight in uk, i think GGG will probably be more than happy to go to the UK and try and win another world title belt.

i do think Szpilka can cause wilder problems as he does have some good power and hand speed, but i think wilder is a smarter boxer then most people give him credit for and i can see wilder just looking to box and using his jab and i can see him wearing Szpilka down and getting the KO.

What do you think of news that Andre ward has actually picked a good opponent for his 1st fight at LH in sullivan Barrera who is unbeaten and seen as a good fringe contender, seems like ward realizes he needs two good tests before kovalev, who do u fancy ward or kovalev when they clash?

Also seems like Billy joe saunders wants GGG to offer him more money and fight in uk, i think GGG will probably be more than happy to go to the UK and try and win another world title belt.

How Ward will do depends on his next few performances don't know what his form is like you only get an idea when someone steps in the ring with a decent opponent, if it's the Ward of Old then I see him beating Kovalev but it'll be a hard fought victory.

Billy Joe wants more from the split ? :)) is he mad, hopefully GGG accepts the offer, it'll be worth it if he wins the world title and elevates his stock

How Ward will do depends on his next few performances don't know what his form is like you only get an idea when someone steps in the ring with a decent opponent, if it's the Ward of Old then I see him beating Kovalev but it'll be a hard fought victory.

Billy Joe wants more from the split ? :)) is he mad, hopefully GGG accepts the offer, it'll be worth it if he wins the world title and elevates his stock

If GGG agrees to fight in the UK il be trying to get tickets to watch the fight live from where ever its held, would be great to see GGG in the flesh as a boxer.

If GGG agrees to fight in the UK il be trying to get tickets to watch the fight live from where ever its held, would be great to see GGG in the flesh as a boxer.

I've never been to a fight before, was close to watching Gomez v Khan in birmingham years ago and regret it because was such a cracking fight. I use to be a mark for Gomez as well. GGG is not big enough to tempt me into watching him, if he was taking on Froch I'd want to be there live. I guess if GGG goes on to justify all the hype when he does well against guys who have the nuts to step in the ring with him then you could say that you were amongst the few who watched him live in the UK because if he does become the no.1 P4P guy in the world his base will be the United States, won't fight in the UK after that

I've never been to a fight before, was close to watching Gomez v Khan in birmingham years ago and regret it because was such a cracking fight. I use to be a mark for Gomez as well. GGG is not big enough to tempt me into watching him, if he was taking on Froch I'd want to be there live. I guess if GGG goes on to justify all the hype when he does well against guys who have the nuts to step in the ring with him then you could say that you were amongst the few who watched him live in the UK because if he does become the no.1 P4P guy in the world his base will be the United States, won't fight in the UK after that

This guy doesn't even try to hide his ignorance. What utter rubbish. GGG is easily the biggest draw in boxing and worth every penny. Froch is another British joke (mainly in his retirement) who deserve jokers like you as fans.

This guy doesn't even try to hide his ignorance. What utter rubbish. GGG is easily the biggest draw in boxing and worth every penny. Froch is another British joke (mainly in his retirement) who deserve jokers like you as fans.

:facepalm: Zzzzzzz You're boring me, you need to try harder.

Lol. When you can't respond choose the cowards way out. Expected from you.

Try harder and I don't find you funny you're too boring. Plus drivel is not worth a response, I respond to posters I respect like shaykh and Amjid, you're out of your depth so resort to trolling all the time :)

Try harder and I don't find you funny you're too boring. Plus drivel is not worth a response, I respond to posters I respect like shaykh and Amjid, you're out of your depth so resort to trolling all the time :)

In other word you have finally been tamed :)))

Ive never been to a fight live either, i am trying to get tickets for quigg v frampton through a friend who might be able to get decent tickets and seats for the fight. I think the hype with GGG is real, i think thats why most boxers in division are avoiding him, i think thats one of reasons DLH promotions are keeping canelo away from GGG as they know he would get destroyed.

Ive never been to a fight live either, i am trying to get tickets for quigg v frampton through a friend who might be able to get decent tickets and seats for the fight. I think the hype with GGG is real, i think thats why most boxers in division are avoiding him, i think thats one of reasons DLH promotions are keeping canelo away from GGG as they know he would get destroyed.

:))) I been searching online last few days to see why wilder fight hasn't been updated etc but it's happening next week. That should be a cracking fight. You're right in every sense but am highly critical of boxers when it comes to the quality of their opponent but I sympathise with GGG in that there's only so much he can do, am not overrating or underrating him. Canelo seems to be a pretty decent draw so a bit of chicken who lays golden eggs for them, he's going to be pushed as the floyd of the new generation except there will come a time when he finds his back on the canvas. Even Maidana put up a better performance against Floyd and Canelo was built as the man to take away the 0 or atleast be very competitive; he also flopped against Lara and DLH will never make that fight again. He is one fighter who is very overrated, couldn't even do the job on a past his prime Cotto

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] [MENTION=137238]Anchorman[/MENTION] [MENTION=47617]Red Devil[/MENTION] ya guys watch 195

that main event :O

[MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] finally! fight weekend! I got it right this time round, Haye fighting tomorrow; weighted in at a career high but still lighter then his opponent, I expect a KO within 6 rounds and Wilder will defend his title against the polish guy in the early hours of sunday

[MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] watch the video in this article, the sky boxing team interview stallone! you'll really enjoy it, some hilarious stories in there about him sparring with roberto duran and sugar ray leonard; also the reviews for Creed have been positive, best boxing movie released in years need to check it out.

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/new...er-stallone-is-still-a-big-manny-pacquiao-fan

Also Amjid, I didn't know! Danny Garcia and Robert Gurrero will be fighting for the vacant WBC welterweight title! how did that even happen?!!! Anyway, Khan could opt to fight the winner instead of facing Brook in the summer, he is also the WBC no.1 contender/mandatory

Also Amjid, I didn't know! Danny Garcia and Robert Gurrero will be fighting for the vacant WBC welterweight title! how did that even happen?!!! Anyway, Khan could opt to fight the winner instead of facing Brook in the summer, he is also the WBC no.1 contender/mandatory

Yeah i was shocked by that one! Garcia is supposidly ranked by WBC so he managed to get them to upgrade the fight to a title fight. I actually think this is Garcias 1st fight at 147. Khan is supposidly ranked 2 but didnt want a title shot as hes been looking for big pay days instead of guerrero whose lost 2 out of last 4 fights and ranked 6 will get the shot instead. If khan does want to be number 1 contender to the winner then the winner of Berto/peterson will get a shot at new champion instead. some of these boxing organizations do have weird rankings and make weird decisions.

[MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] watch the video in this article, the sky boxing team interview stallone! you'll really enjoy it, some hilarious stories in there about him sparring with roberto duran and sugar ray leonard; also the reviews for Creed have been positive, best boxing movie released in years need to check it out.

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/new...er-stallone-is-still-a-big-manny-pacquiao-fan

i watched creed last week, wasnt to bad a movie. Just a typical kind of boxing film really. I tought south paw was a better film to watch personally.

Yeah i was shocked by that one! Garcia is supposidly ranked by WBC so he managed to get them to upgrade the fight to a title fight. I actually think this is Garcias 1st fight at 147. Khan is supposidly ranked 2 but didnt want a title shot as hes been looking for big pay days instead of guerrero whose lost 2 out of last 4 fights and ranked 6 will get the shot instead. If khan does want to be number 1 contender to the winner then the winner of Berto/peterson will get a shot at new champion instead. some of these boxing organizations do have weird rankings and make weird decisions.

Gurrero was ranked 16 by the WBC and all of a sudden made a jump to no.6 while Garcia has barely fought at welterweight lmao. So much corruption in the boxing body's; the ring magazine are not perfect but their title is the most prestigious imo. The winner of the Garcia v Gurrero fight has to defend their title against Khan apparently, the Berto/Peterson bout will be used to determine the new mandatory after Khan receives his title shot. It's a god awful bout for a title belt with so much history but I will be routing for Gurrero because Garcia gets too many gifts although a part of me hopes he wins so that we get Khan v Garcia rematch. If Khan were to win that bout he'd have come full circle, then there'd be even more hype for a unification bout after Ramadan against Kelly Brook at the end of the year, what do you think? or do you much rather prefer Brook/Khan in June

i watched creed last week, wasnt to bad a movie. Just a typical kind of boxing film really. I tought south paw was a better film to watch personally.

Really? the general consensus seems to be that creed was better. I've not seen Creed but what I loved so much about Southpaw was the boxing itself and the way it was presented, had a very realistic feel to it

Gurrero was ranked 16 by the WBC and all of a sudden made a jump to no.6 while Garcia has barely fought at welterweight lmao. So much corruption in the boxing body's; the ring magazine are not perfect but their title is the most prestigious imo. The winner of the Garcia v Gurrero fight has to defend their title against Khan apparently, the Berto/Peterson bout will be used to determine the new mandatory after Khan receives his title shot. It's a god awful bout for a title belt with so much history but I will be routing for Gurrero because Garcia gets too many gifts although a part of me hopes he wins so that we get Khan v Garcia rematch. If Khan were to win that bout he'd have come full circle, then there'd be even more hype for a unification bout after Ramadan against Kelly Brook at the end of the year, what do you think? or do you much rather prefer Brook/Khan in June

Yeah i never understand how some of these boxing bodies ranking the boxers. In a similar manner i think Joshua was ranked number 2 with WBC before the whyte fight and joshua had fought no one of any note and had obtained such a ranking. I cant see the ghost beating garcia unfortunatley hes way past his best and its going to be any easy fight for garcia i think. Then its decision time for khan does he want to avenge a defeat to garcia and win the WBC title, or does he want a bigger pay day against Brook instead. It will be interesting to see Khan Mindset, I guess if he went the garcia route and won the title we could then have a unification fight with brook which makes the fight even bigger. But if he lost to garcia i doubt brook would then show any interest in khan.

Yeah i never understand how some of these boxing bodies ranking the boxers. In a similar manner i think Joshua was ranked number 2 with WBC before the whyte fight and joshua had fought no one of any note and had obtained such a ranking. I cant see the ghost beating garcia unfortunatley hes way past his best and its going to be any easy fight for garcia i think. Then its decision time for khan does he want to avenge a defeat to garcia and win the WBC title, or does he want a bigger pay day against Brook instead. It will be interesting to see Khan Mindset, I guess if he went the garcia route and won the title we could then have a unification fight with brook which makes the fight even bigger. But if he lost to garcia i doubt brook would then show any interest in khan.

That's true, personally I want him rematch Garcia; but like you say we'll find out what his mindset is and the mindset of his team, when you look at his inactivity you get the impression he was looking to retire on the pension of a big fight with money or manny. Trust me Amjid, Ghost may be past it but Garcia doesn't do his record justice one bit! I wouldn't be shocked if he lost. Surely, winning a WBC title and avenging one of your biggest career loses must have more appeal before going for brook with the hope that a unification would be bigger. Thing is, even if Garcia beats Khan; Hearn would still want khan, its a domestic rivalry which sells itself and we've been wanting to see them fight for years. The only problem would be that perhaps Khans stock would take a huge hit but he remains a huge draw in the United Kingdom.

That's true, personally I want him rematch Garcia; but like you say we'll find out what his mindset is and the mindset of his team, when you look at his inactivity you get the impression he was looking to retire on the pension of a big fight with money or manny. Trust me Amjid, Ghost may be past it but Garcia doesn't do his record justice one bit! I wouldn't be shocked if he lost. Surely, winning a WBC title and avenging one of your biggest career loses must have more appeal before going for brook with the hope that a unification would be bigger. Thing is, even if Garcia beats Khan; Hearn would still want khan, its a domestic rivalry which sells itself and we've been wanting to see them fight for years. The only problem would be that perhaps Khans stock would take a huge hit but he remains a huge draw in the United Kingdom.

Personally i think he should go for the Garcia match 1st and avenge his defeat, At the same time Brook needs to fight someone decent aswell after he gets this mandatory defence out of the way, whilst the khan v brook fight would be huge in the uk, i dont think world wide appeal is that great for it right now purely because there are question marks over both boxers, Khan needs to avenge his defeats to either garcia and peterson if not both and Brook needs to fight thurman, bradley or even spence to show hes a good boxer in this division.

[MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] did you watch it? poor De Mori, I legit thought he wouldn't wake up from that. The speed and power were all there despite Haye weighing the heaviest in his career; in fact I reckon there is more power in his punches. Can't judge exactly where he's at from one round but the signs are promising; I highly doubt Joshua is going to step in the ring with him any time soon.

[MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] did you watch it? poor De Mori, I legit thought he wouldn't wake up from that. The speed and power were all there despite Haye weighing the heaviest in his career; in fact I reckon there is more power in his punches. Can't judge exactly where he's at from one round but the signs are promising; I highly doubt Joshua is going to step in the ring with him any time soon.

It's a bad fight for Joshua style wise. He's too upright for someone who loads up like Haye.

It's a bad fight for Joshua style wise. He's too upright for someone who loads up like Haye.

Joshua is like a wlad klitchko but with a better work-rate. He's inexperienced to and at this stage Haye even though he has been out 3 years would be a step up for Joshua. Hopefully this return for Haye is successful, would be great for the division. Do you think the polish guy stands even a little chance against wilder? I had a dream the guy won :))) thinking of putting a bet on it :yk

Joshua is like a wlad klitchko but with a better work-rate. He's inexperienced to and at this stage Haye even though he has been out 3 years would be a step up for Joshua. Hopefully this return for Haye is successful, would be great for the division. Do you think the polish guy stands even a little chance against wilder? I had a dream the guy won :))) thinking of putting a bet on it :yk

I haven't seen the Polish guy fight but if it's a voluntary for Wilder I doubt he has much going for him.

I wouldn't get your hopes up for Haye. My gut feeling is he is doing it for money and I expect him to cash out with a fight with Fury or Joshua.

I haven't seen the Polish guy fight but if it's a voluntary for Wilder I doubt he has much going for him.

I wouldn't get your hopes up for Haye. My gut feeling is he is doing it for money and I expect him to cash out with a fight with Fury or Joshua.

He's a decent fighter but another short notice opponent stepping in to face wilder without a full training camp behind him after one of the wilder tomato cans was injured or something. Is Haye in trouble financially? if so you could be right, otherwise I felt that with the HW division looking a lot stronger he may have been swayed by the glamour of big fights and when he was out there tonight he was absolutely enjoying himself and you can tell he misses the sport. But at the same time now that you mention it, seeing the division get a little spicy he could have been like lets cash in and get out.

My instinct is telling me he feels as if he got something to prove and genuinely feels like he can do it right this time round, looked in tremendous shape and he was packing quiet a bit of muscle; being an overblown cruserweight he understands he needs to be a lot bigger in the division and he looked great. Boxing itself is a mean sport and you sacrifice so much; am not sure Haye is doing a fraudley. But money is always going to be a primary reason; Amir Khan has reached the stage where he's looking to cash out, at the age of 35, Haye? I don't know, don't know of his financial situation either so hard to say.

Last edited:
Deontay wilder vs Davis Haye? Who wins this one?

How about deontay wilder vs Anthony Joshua?

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

This is boxing. If Joshua does not have the chin to last against the best then he doesn't deserve to be ranked.

This is boxing. If Joshua does not have the chin to last against the best then he doesn't deserve to be ranked.

Thanks for informing me Savak.

I would never have guessed if you hadn't pointed it out.

As I had said last week, spilka is a tough guy and he was not to be underestimated; he fought really well and wilder couldn't deal with his movement and stance/style, he also had more power in his hands then usual. Also remember that the polish dude didn't have a full training camp behind him, people will point out how great spilka was because they overate Wilder. Spilka individually is a decent fighter and I expect him to come back from this but what a poor performance from Wilder, the fight was in the balance were it not for that brutal KO. If Joshua and Wilder were to fight tomorrow it would be competitive but David Haye imo would defeat Wilder after 2-3 more fights after getting to grips with world level boxing again. Not only does Haye move well he hits really hard to and I've not seen many really test Wilders chin.

Brilliant stuff from the Wilder and Tyson Fury at the end :))) "It's not WWE, I don't play this game" well with those promos it may just be Wilder :yk Man the HW division is looking exciting again, this is great because the quality of contenders tend to improve to.

Tyson Fury to Wilder "Anywhere any-time! You're a Bum! You're a Bum!"

Wilder to Fury "Enough with your preacher crap, when we get in the ring am going to Baptise you!"

:)))
[MENTION=137419]dashing_man[/MENTION] You need to watch the Wilder v Spilka fight or just watch the final round and then the ending where they are doing all the interviews lmao

[MENTION=137419]dashing_man[/MENTION] the sky crew never told us that Tyson Fury would be attending the Wilder v Spilka fight, their camera man showed the other boxers who went to see the fight but they never showed Tyson. And then when the fight ended bah gawdd Tyson Fury jumps in the ring and grabs the microphone from one of the announcers :))), sky kept Tyson fury's surprise appearance low key so that the smarks wouldn't find out

Tyson Fury to Wilder "Anywhere any-time! You're a Bum! You're a Bum!"

Wilder to Fury "Enough with your preacher crap, when we get in the ring am going to Baptise you!"

:)))
[MENTION=137419]dashing_man[/MENTION] You need to watch the Wilder v Spilka fight or just watch the final round and then the ending where they are doing all the interviews lmao

Fury was escorted out of the building. They couldn't interview him afterwards because of it.

[MENTION=137419]dashing_man[/MENTION] the sky crew never told us that Tyson Fury would be attending the Wilder v Spilka fight, their camera man showed the other boxers who went to see the fight but they never showed Tyson. And then when the fight ended bah gawdd Tyson Fury jumps in the ring and grabs the microphone from one of the announcers :))), sky kept Tyson fury's surprise appearance low key so that the smarks wouldn't find out

Give me video link

Haye looked in great shape but was in there with a poor opponent so cant really tell much about haye, he needs another 2 fights and then maybe fight joshua near the end of the year, that would be a good fight then.

Fury was escorted out of the building. They couldn't interview him afterwards because of it.

Yeah I noticed that, think they snatched the microphone of him to lmao then Wilder was able to respond but Fury couldn't give him a reply because of security

As I had said last week, spilka is a tough guy and he was not to be underestimated; he fought really well and wilder couldn't deal with his movement and stance/style, he also had more power in his hands then usual. Also remember that the polish dude didn't have a full training camp behind him, people will point out how great spilka was because they overate Wilder. Spilka individually is a decent fighter and I expect him to come back from this but what a poor performance from Wilder, the fight was in the balance were it not for that brutal KO. If Joshua and Wilder were to fight tomorrow it would be competitive but David Haye imo would defeat Wilder after 2-3 more fights after getting to grips with world level boxing again. Not only does Haye move well he hits really hard to and I've not seen many really test Wilders chin.

Brilliant stuff from the Wilder and Tyson Fury at the end :))) "It's not WWE, I don't play this game" well with those promos it may just be Wilder :yk Man the HW division is looking exciting again, this is great because the quality of contenders tend to improve to.

Good effort from Spilika he gave it his all and was still in the fight going into round 9, some of the rounds were to tough to call and fight was a close one, but what a finish! that knockout might be difficult to be bettered all year, already KO of the year contender. Wilder does need to improve alot still and against povektin or Fury he will need to box alot better.

I found fury jumping in the ring at end really funny, does he think this is WWE? :))) oh well the fight between the two will promote itself.

Also martin winning IBF title means there is a average champion in the division and someone joshua could possibly go after.

Yeah I noticed that, think they snatched the microphone of him to lmao then Wilder was able to respond but Fury couldn't give him a reply because of security

No, the commentary team mentioned that they can't get an interview with him because he has been escorted out of the building.

I watched it live and even though I wasn't paying attention at the time, I pretty sure that's what they said. But I could be wrong.

Good effort from Spilika he gave it his all and was still in the fight going into round 9, some of the rounds were to tough to call and fight was a close one, but what a finish! that knockout might be difficult to be bettered all year, already KO of the year contender. Wilder does need to improve alot still and against povektin or Fury he will need to box alot better.

I found fury jumping in the ring at end really funny, does he think this is WWE? :))) oh well the fight between the two will promote itself.

Also martin winning IBF title means there is a average champion in the division and someone joshua could possibly go after.

Yeah so although Wilder needs to improve quiet a bit we need to give credit to spilka because he was no bum like most deontay opponents. The KO sought of made up for it in the end; it was a beautiful punch and the bronze bomber will always have that dynamite power in his hands to bail him out of situations like the one he found himself in so he remains dangerous but his boxing skills need to improve. He needs to use his reach more and not rely on being wild searching for that KO, break the opponent down, read them and then take them out of there.

:))) It's pretty hilarious because we know he wasn't exactly serious, but hey it always rubs his opponents the wrong way and Wilder was clearly agitated. Best bit was when Wilder took his jacket off :))) as if they were really going to go for it lmao I really hope the two fight, the build up would be amazing but am not convinced that it will happen because Wilder is overly protected

He won it because the other guys knee gave up on him after 8 minutes :)) Martin has said he is open to defending the belt against Wilder, I'll admit I've not seen Martin fight so I don't know how good he is, decent record and he seems to have some power given the KO's

Yeah so although Wilder needs to improve quiet a bit we need to give credit to spilka because he was no bum like most deontay opponents. The KO sought of made up for it in the end; it was a beautiful punch and the bronze bomber will always have that dynamite power in his hands to bail him out of situations like the one he found himself in so he remains dangerous but his boxing skills need to improve. He needs to use his reach more and not rely on being wild searching for that KO, break the opponent down, read them and then take them out of there.

:))) It's pretty hilarious because we know he wasn't exactly serious, but hey it always rubs his opponents the wrong way and Wilder was clearly agitated. Best bit was when Wilder took his jacket off :))) as if they were really going to go for it lmao I really hope the two fight, the build up would be amazing but am not convinced that it will happen because Wilder is overly protected

He won it because the other guys knee gave up on him after 8 minutes :)) Martin has said he is open to defending the belt against Wilder, I'll admit I've not seen Martin fight so I don't know how good he is, decent record and he seems to have some power given the KO's

I think wilder v fury will happen aslong as they both win there next fights and then u get a super fight at end of the year, who do you fancy wilder or fury?

I think wilder v fury will happen aslong as they both win there next fights and then u get a super fight at end of the year, who do you fancy wilder or fury?

Fury because he is the better boxer overall but Wilder obviously has that dynamite power which tends to bail him out, what do you reckon? any idea when the Fury/Wlad rematch is? summer? surely Fury camp will have more say in the negotiations as far as where the fight will take place etc but I don't know the details of wlads rematch clause

Fury because he is the better boxer overall but Wilder obviously has that dynamite power which tends to bail him out, what do you reckon? any idea when the Fury/Wlad rematch is? summer? surely Fury camp will have more say in the negotiations as far as where the fight will take place etc but I don't know the details of wlads rematch clause

I think the Klischko v fury rematch will be april/may time i think. Wilder will probably fight povektin around that time as well. So any Fury v wilder fight would probably be september/october tie. i wouldnt discount wilder as a boxer i think he showed that when he won the title against Silvertrne, whilst i do acknowledge that Fury is the better boxer i think it would be a real 50/50 fight. Also can Fury handle wilders power as fury has been put down in fights before.

I think the Klischko v fury rematch will be april/may time i think. Wilder will probably fight povektin around that time as well. So any Fury v wilder fight would probably be september/october tie. i wouldnt discount wilder as a boxer i think he showed that when he won the title against Silvertrne, whilst i do acknowledge that Fury is the better boxer i think it would be a real 50/50 fight. Also can Fury handle wilders power as fury has been put down in fights before.

That was his best performance imo but silvertrne doesn't move as well as fury, but I do agree with you that it's a 50/50 fight. If Wilder and Fury manage to win their fights, man there would be even more hype and buzz! genuine HW superfight. Povetkin is a much improved performer following his loss to wlad who himself will have a lot to prove. It's not a given that Wilder and Fury will come through their coming challenges with ease and I feel nervous

my GOD that was amazing

Tyson Fury tried to pull a McGreagor but got labelled as WWE :))) :)))

Tyson Fury has been quiet the character throughout his career, proper joker and he takes his antics to another level in comparison to the rest :))) easily the most entertaining personality in combat sport. Wilder's jimmies were rustled, people start screaming WWE! when they are on the ropes and tapping out although Wilders am going to baptise you line was good :))) Tyson's the best at mind games, beyond all that got to give him credit for beating the no.1 P4P fighter on the planet in Wladmir Klitchko.

Here's a video of Tyson dressing up as Batman to make fun of Wladmir :)))

my GOD that was amazing

Tyson Fury tried to pull a McGreagor but got labelled as WWE :))) :)))

The best bit is that Tyson Fury isn't even serious and when he's pretending to be it just makes it more funny :)))

Seen a Dillain whyte interview on sky and hes recovering well from shoulder surgery and wants to fight chisora next, that would be a good fight for him. Its a shame whytes shoulder gave way in Joshua fight as it was getting interesting in the 2nd round when hes shoulder did get injured. A whyte v Joshua rematch would be worth watching.

First time I saw Wilder box and I have to say I was extremely disappointed in what I saw.

This generation of Heavy Weights is really poor! No wonder Haye decided to make a come back. He can literally clean up the division if he stays focused.

Back