Boxing Thread

Tyson Fury May retire

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/35490423

Hope it's not true would be a huge loss to the HW division but his reasons are understandable, guy got a long family and he;s not an individual who is motivated by money. Rejected an $120 million offer to fight Wlad on a Yacht to, Fury didn't want only the rich snobs to enjoy such a fight and the deal also involved conditions such as it would not be televised etc

[MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] Chris Martin offers Joshua a chance to fight for his world title in April, if it were to happen in that month who's your winner? I've not seen much of Martin. Also, I doubt Hearn will take the fight but this maybe their only chance because Martin may avoid Joshua when he has some more experience. I'd take the gamble.

This would be an interesting fight. Martin isnt a huge puncher but has the ability to wear his opponents down and also being a south paw he could cause joshua problems, Martin is also more experienced and skilled boxer so it would be tough for joshua. However at HW joshua does have the power to knock people out but question is does he have the boxing intelligence right now to win a fight like this. He should take the fight as hes not going to beat any of the other champions right now, this would be a huge step in class from the bums hes been spoon fed so far in his career.

This would be an interesting fight. Martin isnt a huge puncher but has the ability to wear his opponents down and also being a south paw he could cause joshua problems, Martin is also more experienced and skilled boxer so it would be tough for joshua. However at HW joshua does have the power to knock people out but question is does he have the boxing intelligence right now to win a fight like this. He should take the fight as hes not going to beat any of the other champions right now, this would be a huge step in class from the bums hes been spoon fed so far in his career.

They can obviously take their time and not rush which is what I think Hearn will do but I seriously believe Joshua would have a chance against Martin, it's a risk they should take because Chris won't fight him down the line.

Also I can't remember but did you watch Canelo v Cotto what did you think? I had watched the fight before and I watched it again today, I scored it a draw! at 114-114, it was a stunning performance from the veteran who is no spring chicken at 35. Miguel Cotto, came prepared. Using jabs, feinting, pivoting, and using lateral movement. I gave Cotto rounds 1-5 and 7, Canelo I gave round 6 and 8-12. Canelo took long to step on the gas pedal, repeatedly looked for single shots and was exposed; he found success in the 2nd half with the power shots as Cotto tired out.

They can obviously take their time and not rush which is what I think Hearn will do but I seriously believe Joshua would have a chance against Martin, it's a risk they should take because Chris won't fight him down the line.

Also I can't remember but did you watch Canelo v Cotto what did you think? I had watched the fight before and I watched it again today, I scored it a draw! at 114-114, it was a stunning performance from the veteran who is no spring chicken at 35. Miguel Cotto, came prepared. Using jabs, feinting, pivoting, and using lateral movement. I gave Cotto rounds 1-5 and 7, Canelo I gave round 6 and 8-12. Canelo took long to step on the gas pedal, repeatedly looked for single shots and was exposed; he found success in the 2nd half with the power shots as Cotto tired out.

I thought the fight was a pretty close one but it seemed like the judges gave canelo alot of the rounds where it was close to call. I though cottos hand speed and movement did cause canelo problems but inturn he did leave himself to open to counter shots all the time which is always the case with cotto. The final scoring on fight was a joke and huge points difference they gave was not correct. i think canelos slightly cleaner work won the fight. Canelo always does struggle against boxers who are slick and have excellent hand speed and movement, we saw this when lara fought Canelo. To be honest ive never seen the hype with canelo and think hes a pretty ordinary fighter.

I thought the fight was a pretty close one but it seemed like the judges gave canelo alot of the rounds where it was close to call. I though cottos hand speed and movement did cause canelo problems but inturn he did leave himself to open to counter shots all the time which is always the case with cotto. The final scoring on fight was a joke and huge points difference they gave was not correct. i think canelos slightly cleaner work won the fight. Canelo always does struggle against boxers who are slick and have excellent hand speed and movement, we saw this when lara fought Canelo. To be honest ive never seen the hype with canelo and think hes a pretty ordinary fighter.

At best I could see Canelo winning by 1 round because Round 7 could go either way imo because although Cotto's work was better Canelo caught him with a vicious uppercut. But am adamant it was a draw, you see the early rounds were not "they could go either way" because Canelo was just moving forward but unable to throw anything of substance given Cotto's superior footwork and effective use of the jab. It's only in the second half that Canelo found success because Cotto got a little tired, although he was moving well he just couldn't manage to keep the work-rate up. He's a good fighter and taking into account how good Cotto was you have to give props to Canelo even if I did score it a draw, it was probably the best I've see Cotto perform in years. He has potential but not as good as the hype, he certainly belongs in the top 10 P4P don't get me wrong but doesn't justify the hype.

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION]

Who do you fancy for framptov v quigg fight in a few weeks time?

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION]

Who do you fancy for framptov v quigg fight in a few weeks time?

It's a genuine 50/50 fight, I've thought about it quite a bit over the last few weeks and every time I change who I feel will win :)) Quigg has more rounds under his belt and will have the support of the crowd so that will count for something but in the grand scheme of things it's such a big fight and it'll come down to who deals with the pressure especially early on. It's a clash of styles so I expect it to be very exciting and competitive. What do you reckon?

It's a genuine 50/50 fight, I've thought about it quite a bit over the last few weeks and every time I change who I feel will win :)) Quigg has more rounds under his belt and will have the support of the crowd so that will count for something but in the grand scheme of things it's such a big fight and it'll come down to who deals with the pressure especially early on. It's a clash of styles so I expect it to be very exciting and competitive. What do you reckon?

Ive backed frampton from the start as hes the more skillful and better all round boxer, but quigg has got better and better over last few fights and his power cant be underestimated and frampton was sloppy in his last fight and put down twice and he cant afford mistakes like that in this fight. It definatley is a genuinely 50/50 fight but am going to stick with frampton to win on a close points decision.

Ive backed frampton from the start as hes the more skillful and better all round boxer, but quigg has got better and better over last few fights and his power cant be underestimated and frampton was sloppy in his last fight and put down twice and he cant afford mistakes like that in this fight. It definatley is a genuinely 50/50 fight but am going to stick with frampton to win on a close points decision.

Maybe a year or two ago I'd have Frampton as the favourite but Quigg has improved so much in recent times which makes it difficult to predict, should be a great fight.

I haven't been following the featherweight division :))) bring me up to speed Amjid, are those two like the best in the division?

Yeah these two are the best featherweights in a very strong division as the other champions Gary Russell Jnr and Lee selby are also very good boxers. Lomu is a very good technical boxer, very good jab and very good up close and on the inside boxer. His amateur record consistant of 1 defeat in 390 fights that how good an amatuer he was. Walters is a bit like canelo hes not technically a featherweight, He always just bout makes the weight and then we he rehydrates hes weights the same as most welterwieghts but he seems insistant on bullying much smaller boxers at featherweight. Walters wont blast lomu out so hes going to have to try and out box him which will be very hard so only way round that is to try and spoil the fight and make it a slugfeas but it will be a fight worth watching.

Maybe a year or two ago I'd have Frampton as the favourite but Quigg has improved so much in recent times which makes it difficult to predict, should be a great fight.

I cant see quigg out boxing Frampton so to win the fight he will have to stop him which he possibly could do with his power.

Anthony joshua opponent to be named today for his fight on 9th april, it could possibly be hughie fury which would be an interesting fight.

Anthony joshua to take on charles martin for IBF title on 9th April, just been announced.

Anthony joshua to take on charles martin for IBF title on 9th April, just been announced.

Huge news! whatever happens, massive respect to both fighters! it's a risk for AJ and Martin. Charles could easily have made bum defences in the US like Wilder but he is challenging himself and doing the world title justice by giving it respect. I'll be watching some of Charles older fights before predicting who I think will win

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Walking around Pebble beach and someone shouted "Smash up Canelo" it was <a href="https://twitter.com/mark_wahlberg">@mark_wahlberg</a> &#55357;&#56394;&#55356;&#57341; <a href="https://t.co/ibzP7RX8Zf">pic.twitter.com/ibzP7RX8Zf</a></p>— Amir Khan (@amirkingkhan) <a href="https://twitter.com/amirkingkhan/status/699182600712253440">February 15, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Walking around Pebble beach and someone shouted "Smash up Canelo" it was <a href="https://twitter.com/mark_wahlberg">@mark_wahlberg</a> ���� <a href="https://t.co/ibzP7RX8Zf">pic.twitter.com/ibzP7RX8Zf</a></p>— Amir Khan (@amirkingkhan) <a href="https://twitter.com/amirkingkhan/status/699182600712253440">February 15, 2016</a></blockquote>

Khan is good friends with Wahlberg who use to be a frequent visitor at the WildCard gym in hollywood. Lucky Amir though, man he's living the life :)) but well deserved, worked so hard from a young age. Beyond natural ability if one is to succeed you need a work ethic and he has that, wakes up very early everyday to train and he's been doing just that for a very long time.

Huge news! whatever happens, massive respect to both fighters! it's a risk for AJ and Martin. Charles could easily have made bum defences in the US like Wilder but he is challenging himself and doing the world title justice by giving it respect. I'll be watching some of Charles older fights before predicting who I think will win

Should be a good fight and test for both fighters, we will see how good joshua really is as this will be a massive step in quality for him.

Really looking forward to quigg v Frampton tonight, should be a real good fight and tough one to call a winner on.

Quigg did most of the damage but Frampton gets the decision for pillow jabbing and running like a chicken. Boring fight that came alive towards the end. At worst I expected a draw but an SD for Frampton, what a joke.

Easy win for frampton as quigg threw away almost 4/5 rounds early on because he didnt throw any punches, he came on stronger as fight went on but then it was to late. As frampton said is better boxing brain won him the fight, yes it was a boring fight but frampton knew if he just boxed and didnt make it into a brawl he would win the fight.

More like a damaged boxing brain then, after all that hype you'd think his so called skills would take the fight by the throat. Those early rounds could have gone either way and scored 10 - 10 at best, he did nothing to steal those rounds; running and sticking an arm round doesn't equate to winning a round and he was just as hesitant to throw anything but Quigg could only do so much chasing a chicken.

Frampton didn't hurt Quigg at all. Winners are decided by who does the most damage and Frampton took the most punishment. Frampton will lose even more decisively if he has the courage to take the rematch but the Cuban destroys both fighters.

I feel sorry for all the people who paid money to see that Frampton/Quigg fight on PPV, this is what epitomizes boxing:

Putting it all on the line and fighting not just to win championships but LEGACY. There were no losers that night in the legitimate "Super-Fight" between Hearns and Hagler. Very few are courageous enough to let their hands go these days but much respect to someone like Carl Froch who was truly a throwback fighter and I fear it will be a long time before we see another like him in the modern era.

I feel sorry for all the people who paid money to see that Frampton/Quigg fight on PPV, this is what epitomizes boxing:

Putting it all on the line and fighting not just to win championships but LEGACY. There were no losers that night in the legitimate "Super-Fight" between Hearns and Hagler. Very few are courageous enough to let their hands go these days but much respect to someone like Carl Froch who was truly a throwback fighter and I fear it will be a long time before we see another like him in the modern era.

the mayweather pacqiuao fight wasnt much better tbf nor was the fury klitchko fight

The smarter fighter won in all three fights apart from maybe the klitchko fight

I havent seen the quigg fight but i assume frampton was too quick and polished for him

the mayweather pacqiuao fight wasnt much better tbf nor was the fury klitchko fight

The smarter fighter won in all three fights apart from maybe the klitchko fight

I havent seen the quigg fight but i assume frampton was too quick and polished for him

It wasn't because Manny/Floyd was even worse. Fury-Klitchko was a lot easier to watch because it was incredibly intriguing though and as each round passed by we got closer to a potential upset, one of the biggest upsets in HW boxing history mind you. What was not smart about Fury's performance?

Frampton was barely too quick or polished, it was not a decicive win at all and could easily have gone the other way or ended up a draw. Both fighters refused to exchange for majority of the fight, Quigg was applying pressure throwing bombs here and there will Frampton ran and stuck his jab out without doing any damage with it. Second half Quigg found more success with his power punches as the work rate improved while Frampton chose to run but decided to stand toe to toe towards the end. I would be shocked if Frampton has a rematch with Quigg.

From an entertainment point of view both fighters should be ashamed, it was nothing more then an average domestic dust up after all that hype.

It wasn't because Manny/Floyd was even worse. Fury-Klitchko was a lot easier to watch because it was incredibly intriguing though and as each round passed by we got closer to a potential upset, one of the biggest upsets in HW boxing history mind you. What was not smart about Fury's performance?

Frampton was barely too quick or polished, it was not a decicive win at all and could easily have gone the other way or ended up a draw. Both fighters refused to exchange for majority of the fight, Quigg was applying pressure throwing bombs here and there will Frampton ran and stuck his jab out without doing any damage with it. Second half Quigg found more success with his power punches as the work rate improved while Frampton chose to run but decided to stand toe to toe towards the end. I would be shocked if Frampton has a rematch with Quigg.

From an entertainment point of view both fighters should be ashamed, it was nothing more then an average domestic dust up after all that hype.

The fury fight, you had tyson bobbing around and jabbing and then moving away
Which compared to his name and his antics were abit of a anti climax but yes the result was phenomenal i agree

The mayweather pacquiao fight was awful to watch and pacquio never got close to mayweather or anywhere near landing a decent blow

as for the frampton fight i didnt see it but if framptons post match comments are anything to go by quigg made it easy for him in the first few rounds and let him just jab off on the backfoot

The fury fight, you had tyson bobbing around and jabbing and then moving away
Which compared to his name and his antics were abit of a anti climax but yes the result was phenomenal i agree

The mayweather pacquiao fight was awful to watch and pacquio never got close to mayweather or anywhere near landing a decent blow

as for the frampton fight i didnt see it but if framptons post match comments are anything to go by quigg made it easy for him in the first few rounds and let him just jab off on the backfoot

It was incredible, he was in supreme condition and it was a joy watching a guy as big as him move so well on his feet he was constantly in and out, controlled his aggression with the surprising footwork. I found it shocking rather then anti-climatic, Fury isn't a huge puncher at all and I expected the fight to go the distance but what we saw was the unthinkable and that was Fury outboxing Wladmir and making best use of his physical gifts.

They are obviously going to be incredibly biased, don't go by their comments you should watch the fight to see for yourself although it will be painful viewing.

Frampton used his jab very well through out the whole fight and was smart enough not to engage in a brawl, why would a boxer want to get into a brawl with a brawler like quigg when he knows it would have given quigg a chance to win the fight. Boxing is about using your brains and not just going out and throwing punches. Yes it wasnt an exciting fight but frampton got the job done.

Frampton used his jab very well through out the whole fight and was smart enough not to engage in a brawl, why would a boxer want to get into a brawl with a brawler like quigg when he knows it would have given quigg a chance to win the fight. Boxing is about using your brains and not just going out and throwing punches. Yes it wasnt an exciting fight but frampton got the job done.

:))) Jab?? And boxing brain? :))) How many Jabs did he even connect with? And no.2 the ones he did land wouldn't make my grandma blink. Frampton is no Floyd, at best he's a domestic level hack that will be found out when he steps in the ring with the cuban. What part of having a boxing brain means throwing no punches unless running makes you have a brain, Frampton is not the counter puncher you are making him out to be. That performance was god awful, only fannboyys will make it seem as if it was a decisive win when it should have been a draw at the very least

Amir Khan says British support will help him beat Canelo Alvarez

Amir Khan says the British support in Las Vegas will help him to victory when he challenges Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez for the WBC middleweight title on May 7.

Both fighters rounded off a three-city media tour in Los Angeles on Wednesday night, where the crowd gave Alvarez a great reception, but former two-time world champion Khan insists the British fans will be the ones making an impact in Vegas.

Going up against the current WBC middleweight champion Alvarez, the British fighter will be making a jump up from his signature welterweight limit of 147lb to fight the Mexican champion at a catchweight of 155lbs.

They will face off in the first major sporting event at the brand new T-Mobile Arena and Khan has dubbed it the biggest fight of his career.

"We will go in to win this fight, and I will prove people wrong. Even though it is Cinco de Mayo, the British fans will come out. In Vegas, there will be more British flags then Mexican flags," he said.

"Thank you for the massive opportunity for this fight. This fight will be an exciting one, and I really believe I can win this fight and if I didn't I wouldn't be here."

Khan knows he is the clear underdog in the upcoming contest, but the 29-year-old has claimed five straight wins and is hoping to prove he can compete against the physical stature of Alvarez.

"This trip has been amazing for me. This is the biggest fight of my career. Canelo is physically very strong, and come fight night, I will be ready and coming in very happy and very strong.

"It will be like a game of chess. Canelo is very strong. I have a very good trainer who will tell me the right game plan.

"Come May 7, everyone will enjoy this fight."

Meanwhile, 25-year-old Canelo will be hoping to defend his world title for the first time, and also has hopes that the fans will encourage him to victory.

The Mexican has only lost one fight in his career, against Floyd Mayweather in 2013, but bounced back to win four straight fights in a row including the world title bout in November with Miguel Cotto.

"You guys motivate me to keep winning. Because of you, I wake up and want to be triumphant. Not only for me, but for you guys. I am going to prepare like always, 100 per cent," he said.

"Amir Khan is a difficult opponent. I am ready for this and much more. We'll see you May 7."

Boxing promoter Oscar De La Hoya says Canelo will have to be careful of Khan, as he believes it is experience and not size that matters in this fight.

"This takes me back to Maidana who had Amir down, and Amir fought until the end. Canelo will have to be careful and watch out. This fight will be great and will be wonderful to celebrate on Cinco de Mayo," he said.

"It is not often that two superstars of a sport face off at the peak of their careers. This is such an event, with two of the biggest international fighters fighting at the biggest arena in the world."

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/new...ish-support-will-help-him-beat-canelo-alvarez

I think Khan will retain his hand speed at 155, But hes never been a major knock out specalist so if he going to be able to keep canelo off him? Canelo will probably walk through most of khans shots and try and close the ring down. So khan will need to let his hands go and get his shots off and then get out of the pocket quickly and not engage in for to long at times. If he does then he will be likely to get knocked out. Should make for a good fight as Canelo still has a lot to prove just like Khan.

I think Khan will retain his hand speed at 155, But hes never been a major knock out specalist so if he going to be able to keep canelo off him? Canelo will probably walk through most of khans shots and try and close the ring down. So khan will need to let his hands go and get his shots off and then get out of the pocket quickly and not engage in for to long at times. If he does then he will be likely to get knocked out. Should make for a good fight as Canelo still has a lot to prove just like Khan.

He is already making the big mistake of bulking up so am not sure if the speed and movement will be there because excess weight increase will take away his only strengths.

Conor Mgregor v Diaz was a preview of what will happen when Khan steps in the ring with Canelo. Khan will have his moments but the moment Canelo caches him clean game over.

He is already making the big mistake of bulking up so am not sure if the speed and movement will be there because excess weight increase will take away his only strengths.

Conor Mgregor v Diaz was a preview of what will happen when Khan steps in the ring with Canelo. Khan will have his moments but the moment Canelo caches him clean game over.

Personally dont think khan should have taken fight in 1st place as he could get seriously hurt. However with big money and a big name i guess it was a hard offer for Khan to refuse, whilst he will probably lose his bank statements and boxing creditability shouldnt wont take a hit.

Personally dont think khan should have taken fight in 1st place as he could get seriously hurt. However with big money and a big name i guess it was a hard offer for Khan to refuse, whilst he will probably lose his bank statements and boxing creditability shouldnt wont take a hit.

It was always a no brainer from Khan perspective, after years of chasing big fights and being ducked by floyd and manny it was only natural for him to take the offer from Oscar without hesitation. Khan has his limitations but he's the most avoided fighter in the world, even punchers think twice before stepping in the ring with him and it's funny because I'd back someone like a Kell Brook to take him out of there.

After putting more thought into it, I don't think Khan is a huge underdog against Canelo. I think he can get the decision but my doubt is over how well he takes Canelo's shots, the move up in weight and increasing mass on legs may aid him but given that we have not seen him fight at that weight before we can't really comment. We can comment on his lack of punching resistance in the past but most of those shots would have taken out some of the best fighters around the world and Khan got up each time after being smashed by Garcia and Prescott.

Canelo's really flat footed man. Khan's just gotta stay disciplined and he should win this.

And his discipline has improved considerably under Virgil. Every fight, he's showing more and more patience.

Last edited:
Canelo's really flat footed man. Khan's just gotta stay disciplined and he should win this.

And his discipline has improved considerably under Virgil. Every fight, he's showing more and more patience.

Agreed but if he gets caught flush then it will be game over and I don't say that because Khan has question marks over his punch resistance which is debatable but because of the big jump in weight and how big Canelo will be in comparison, he'll have to find a strategy to avoid getting caught flush but even then I doubt that will be required to take a guy making a huge jump out and one who you out weigh by a huge margin

Pretty Impressive 1st fight for Andre ward at Light heavyweight last night, he looked very sharp and slick as usual and didnt show to much ring rust from inactivity. Also looked pretty strong at the weight. Looks like he will have one more fight in before a super fight against Kovalev which should be a real blockbuster to watch.

Pretty Impressive 1st fight for Andre ward at Light heavyweight last night, he looked very sharp and slick as usual and didnt show to much ring rust from inactivity. Also looked pretty strong at the weight. Looks like he will have one more fight in before a super fight against Kovalev which should be a real blockbuster to watch.

No comment on Kell Brook?

Last week Roy Jones fought a fan for $100K, this week it was Brook's turn:

Cegk9xyWsAQB0lm.jpg:large

Ward needs to fight a top 10 contender in the LH division and then challenge Kovalev, I want him to be at his absolute best but it's good to see him perform so well and not let ring rust affect him much but we'll really see if he is the ward of old against better opposition.

Nice to see Cambell win the commonwealth title after the devastating defeat in the last night, he worked really hard in preparation for the fight.

No comment on Kell Brook?

Last week Roy Jones fought a fan for $100K, this week it was Brook's turn:

Cegk9xyWsAQB0lm.jpg:large

Ward needs to fight a top 10 contender in the LH division and then challenge Kovalev, I want him to be at his absolute best but it's good to see him perform so well and not let ring rust affect him much but we'll really see if he is the ward of old against better opposition.

Nice to see Cambell win the commonwealth title after the devastating defeat in the last night, he worked really hard in preparation for the fight.

I miss the legend Floyd :(

Kell brook was fighting a bum and has fought bums in his last 3 fights so no point me making a comment. Eddie hearn needs to stop feeding him soft jobs and get him a proper fight in his next outing. That has to be errol spence junior, Porter (again), thurman or Garcia.

Brooks is a very talented boxer but his career is being ruined by poor management from hearn.

I agree ward needs to be put in with a real contender in LH division before he gets kovalev, hopefully his managment and the HBO 3 fight deal he has will sort that out so that he gets a real good test before what should be one of the best fights of all time if both fighters are on top of their game.

Kell brook was fighting a bum and has fought bums in his last 3 fights so no point me making a comment. Eddie hearn needs to stop feeding him soft jobs and get him a proper fight in his next outing. That has to be errol spence junior, Porter (again), thurman or Garcia.

Brooks is a very talented boxer but his career is being ruined by poor management from hearn.

I agree ward needs to be put in with a real contender in LH division before he gets kovalev, hopefully his managment and the HBO 3 fight deal he has will sort that out so that he gets a real good test before what should be one of the best fights of all time if both fighters are on top of their game.

Everyone jumps on Khan's case but fails to criticise Brook emphatically and forget talunt, Umar Akmal is a very ******** batsman to :yk I see Brook as a hack whom I have no respect for.

I agree with you on Ward, what did you make of Eubank v Blackwell, a joke that the fight wasn't stopped earlier. Euban jr and snr were begging for the fight to be stopped and Eubank senior went as far as commanding his son to go to the body and not the head. Blackwell is in a coma, hope he gets well

Everyone jumps on Khan's case but fails to criticise Brook emphatically and forget talunt, Umar Akmal is a very ******** batsman to :yk I see Brook as a hack whom I have no respect for.

I agree with you on Ward, what did you make of Eubank v Blackwell, a joke that the fight wasn't stopped earlier. Euban jr and snr were begging for the fight to be stopped and Eubank senior went as far as commanding his son to go to the body and not the head. Blackwell is in a coma, hope he gets well

I think Brooks a very good talent fighter but until hes put in with the names ive mentioned we wont know how good he really is, if Errol spence junior wins his fight against chris Algeri then he will be number 1 IBF contender and that would be a really good fight as spence is highly rated in the USA.

I though Eubank v blackwell was one of best fights ive seen this year, a really good tear up. Eubank offensively looked very good and picked apart blackwell with his upper cuts and fast combinations but give blackwell his due for his chin standing up to such offense. Eubank however like most of his fights is prone to being caught to often and if blackwell had more power he could have troubled eubank. If eubank fights like this against Jacobs or golovkin he would get picked apart with the gapping holes in his defense. Also the side show of having his dad prance around like a ponce inbetween rounds is really anoying. The fight was stopped at the right time i think as he couldnt see out of his eye even though he was still fighting back at the time, its a shame whats happened to blackwell after the fight and hope he gets well also.

Amir Khan v Canelo is going to be on BoxNation

If the fight was on sky sports box office it would have been a lot more expensive, however; if the fight was going to be on sky sports it would have been a lot cheaper because I'd just have to pay £7 to watch the fight on NOW TV in SQ which is very good. BoxNation you have to pay £12 for the month and in addition to Khan/Canelo you'll get to watch other fights to like Wilder/Povetkin and see guys like GGG, Selby/Saunders I think. Am not sure what the quality is like with the Box Nation stream? have you used it before?

The alternative would be some random stream you find with average quality :butt

If the fight was on sky sports box office it would have been a lot more expensive, however; if the fight was going to be on sky sports it would have been a lot cheaper because I'd just have to pay £7 to watch the fight on NOW TV in SQ which is very good. BoxNation you have to pay £12 for the month and in addition to Khan/Canelo you'll get to watch other fights to like Wilder/Povetkin and see guys like GGG, Selby/Saunders I think. Am not sure what the quality is like with the Box Nation stream? have you used it before?

The alternative would be some random stream you find with average quality :butt

Boxnation coverage is pretty good, i watched the andre ward fight on there recently and was a decent watch.

Boxnation coverage is pretty good, i watched the andre ward fight on there recently and was a decent watch.

Nice to know Amjid, what would you give the stream quality out of 10?

And what is your prediction for AJ v Martin

Martin wins it for me :) AJ is the red hot favourite but Martin moves a lot better and also has Knock Out power, too many pundits are making it seem as if it'll be a walk in the park for AJ.

Wlad vs The Klit 2 has been confirmed for Manchester, July The 9th; I may go to that fight. Never been to a boxing match before but rarely do we get super-fights of that calibre in our country so am a bit more enthusiastic about attending the Wlad/Fury 2 fight

Last edited:
[MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] Kevin Pieterson appears in the documentary above^^^, he visits AJ :))

AJ world champion! British boxing is the best it's ever been at the moment.

:))) Guess what you know the mentally challenged Indian who turned into a Kiwi Coconut [MENTION=132954]Aman[/MENTION] he never follows Boxing or MMA yeah just the fake WWE crap, and he messages me on Twitter saying that AJ got no speed, is running away from Joseph Parker and that JP is going to beat him and he also said AJ got no combinations and is unable to do them, on top of that he was watching AJ fight the first time and that AJ got no skill :))) :))) :)))

:))) Guess what you know the mentally challenged Indian who turned into a Kiwi Coconut [MENTION=132954]Aman[/MENTION] he never follows Boxing or MMA yeah just the fake WWE crap, and he messages me on Twitter saying that AJ got no speed, is running away from Joseph Parker and that JP is going to beat him and he also said AJ got no combinations and is unable to do them, on top of that he was watching AJ fight the first time and that AJ got no skill :))) :))) :)))

Lmao!! He done the same with football, started to act like an expert within his first year of watching it.

How's he running from Joseph Parker when that bum hasn't even left his country, think he'll be the mandatory to AJ and they'll fight in July. Joseph Parker :lol

AJ world champion! British boxing is the best it's ever been at the moment.

AJ is a wonderful boxer and you'd expect that with an Olympic Gold Medalist, he has speed, great ring awareness/IQ, times his shots really well, great at slipping the offence of others, doesn't look for the one shot to take out fighters straight away but sets fighters up and when he does put his punches together he hits you flush but until then uses his reach quiet well and pegs away with the jab. Biggest Strength I'd say is his power but that footwork is his biggest weakness imo and it's something which he'll need to work on. Question marks also remain over his punch resistance and we'll know for sure how good that chin is when the quality of opposition improves.

Anyway winning a world title in your 15th fight is unbelievable but you can only beat what is put before you, it's not his fault the IBF had Charles as their world champ but he was an undefeated fighter with a mystery about him. Issue now is that Hearn may line up a string of bums for AJ, part of me believes that but then again AJ has only had 15 fights so far so it's okay to an extent learn/develop a bit more but the fact that Hearn was willing to take a risk against Charles proves that the quality of opponent will improve especially when you blow away everyone like that

Lmao!! He done the same with football, started to act like an expert within his first year of watching it.

How's he running from Joseph Parker when that bum hasn't even left his country, think he'll be the mandatory to AJ and they'll fight in July. Joseph Parker :lol

:))) Trust me the guy is an absolute TOOL and the biggest coconut I have ever seen, he pretends to diminish his Indian roots but then also sucks up to the Kiwi's as if it's his origin and feels the need to display a false sense of patriotism towards NZ because he's ashamed of his Indian roots :)))

He don't post in this thread a) because he aint a fan of boxing nor does he know anything about the spor and b) because he knows he'd get humiliated for his fanTard NZ Flag Waving that's what he is limited to. Lmao The Ring Magazine don't even have Parker in their top 10 :))) for HW division, he's a decent prospect don't get me wrong but not someone who has broken into the top 10 HW division and you get that KiwiTard trying to act like an expert and put him on the level of Wladmir and Tyson Fury LOOL

Well done Joshua on becoming world HW champion, The finish was pretty brutal and hes shown that all the hype is real. Hopefully Hearn will match him up with some testing fights now he is champion, the HW division has become pretty exciting again.

Well done Joshua on becoming world HW champion, The finish was pretty brutal and hes shown that all the hype is real. Hopefully Hearn will match him up with some testing fights now he is champion, the HW division has become pretty exciting again.

You're better then that :facepalm: how is the hype real? He's a top 10 HW but there's SO MUCH TO PROVE, in AJ's own words 1/4 of his journey is complete in pursuit of becoming a world level fighter

Manny one of the greatest boxers of all time may have retired from the sport, Bradley wasn't the ideal opponent for his final fight imo but 10x better then the bum FMJ fought. He looked really good and the shoulder had healed up to, saw all the angles, beautiful footwork and he knocked Bradley down twice who is known for his granite chin to. Still had about 2 elite level fights left in him imo but he's going to focus on politics now.

Has done it all in his career, would't look too much into his defeat against FMJ who beat an injured Pac-Man past his peak.

Prime Pacman over Prime Mayweather any day. Never seen anyone avoid fighters like this sissy. Did the same with Manny and fought him when he was past his prime.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're better then that :facepalm: how is the hype real? He's a top 10 HW but there's SO MUCH TO PROVE, in AJ's own words 1/4 of his journey is complete in pursuit of becoming a world level fighter

Yes AJ still has a lot to prove and i have been sceptical of him up to this point but he as past his 1st real test, Yes there are tougher ones to come but i can see him coming through a few more tough tests in the next 12-18 months.

Was very impressed once again watching errol Spence junior fight he really did destroy Chris Allgeri and it will be interesting to see him fight Kell brook for IBF Title (spence is now the number 1 contender)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Wladimir Klitschko says he is glad he lost his world heavyweight titles to Tyson Fury last December.</p>— Sports PakPassion (@SportPakPassion) <a href="https://twitter.com/SportPakPassion/status/725254846304112641">April 27, 2016</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Ukrainian, who was champion for nine years, will meet the Briton in a rematch in Manchester on 9 July.</p>— Sports PakPassion (@SportPakPassion) <a href="https://twitter.com/SportPakPassion/status/725254867888001024">April 27, 2016</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tyson Fury has mocked Wladimir Klitschko, saying "Shame on you, you let a fat man beat you" at a news conference, ahead of their rematch.</p>— Sports PakPassion (@SportPakPassion) <a href="https://twitter.com/SportPakPassion/status/725443028773646336">April 27, 2016</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tyson Fury says he will move to the US after his rematch with Wladimir Klitschko, because he believes he is not accepted in Britain</p>— Sports PakPassion (@SportPakPassion) <a href="https://twitter.com/SportPakPassion/status/725488153323294720">April 28, 2016</a></blockquote>

Fury toying with the media what a guy! He is the main man in the HW division right now and he's earnt it the hard way. Rematch will be interesting I hope fury beats vlad but part of me thinks vlad will do it this time.

Hate the Klitschkos. Despite their roaring success in the HW division, ive never been an admirer of their one- dimensional style of boxing, as well as their demeanor during pre fight build ups. In my humblw opinion, theyre the prime reason for HW boxings demise over the previous decade. However, recent developments, including Wlads title loss, and the emergence of a new crop of current and future HW champions (Deontay, Joshua etc.) give me hope, that we are drawing to a close of the tedious Klitschko era. Moreover, heres hoping for Fury to seal the deal on this, by pensioning Wlad off on the 9th July.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tyson <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Fury?src=hash">#Fury</a> has proclaimed that he intends to retire from <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/boxing?src=hash">#boxing</a> after his rematch with Wladimir <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Klitschko?src=hash">#Klitschko</a>. <a href="https://t.co/zbvDZK7Ps7">pic.twitter.com/zbvDZK7Ps7</a></p>— Sports PakPassion (@SportPakPassion) <a href="https://twitter.com/SportPakPassion/status/726852490944221184">May 1, 2016</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/AmirKhan?src=hash">#AmirKhan</a> on a strict, rigorous diet as he prepares for the fight vs. 'Canelo' Alvarez in Las Vegas on Saturday, <a href="https://t.co/iCa16GHGbK">pic.twitter.com/iCa16GHGbK</a></p>— Sports PakPassion (@SportPakPassion) <a href="https://twitter.com/SportPakPassion/status/726977052079849472">May 2, 2016</a></blockquote>

Where and when will be best place to watch Khan v Canelo in London ?

Amir Khan will pocket a career-best purse of nearly $13m (£9m) for his showdown with Saul Alvarez.

Crolla v barrosa and Khan v Canelo, two excellent fights coming up.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/AnthonyJoshua?src=hash">#AnthonyJoshua</a>'s promoter says that he could defend his title at Beijing's National Stadium. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Boxing?src=hash">#Boxing</a> <a href="https://t.co/KIulY5COP5">pic.twitter.com/KIulY5COP5</a></p>— Sports PakPassion (@SportPakPassion) <a href="https://twitter.com/SportPakPassion/status/727358292863807488">May 3, 2016</a></blockquote>

Back