Boxing Thread

He's only moving up 4 pounds, Kell can do it, especially at home

I've never seen Golovkin fight, but a brook win would be a sight to behold

Brook can only win thorough a 12 round tactical points win.

There is no way he is knocking out triple G.

If he can take triple Gs big punches then I will give him a small chance - 20%.

Triple G to win by knockout before round 9.

Brook did better than I thought he would but GGG is the boss and was always going to be too much for him. It was a very intense fight and I thoroughly enjoyed it. GGG is a great champion and a great guy. Hope he retires unbeaten.

Cowardly plan of quiting as soon as GGG was going to task ..... Executed

Now he can go back to fighting bums again at his own weight.

GGG wins as expected but terrific performance from Kell and I always said he'd give a good account of himself, thought it was a great stoppage from Ingle; Kell was taking some punishing blows and I fear he may have broken something.

Put Canelo and GGG on a level playing field and I'd pick Canelo, GGG is the most avoided fighter in the world but in the end we get to see the true measure of a fighter when you put them in the ring with someone decent. GGG box's beautifully and has immense power but he doesn't move his head much and the footwork isn't great. Put him in the ring with someone quick and he'd struggle.

Commies hype up fighters early on v golovkin but it's the middle rounds where golovkin breaks down his opponents.

He broke his eye socket and was taking some seriously punishing blows, also was ahead on the scorecards to so there'd be no reason to stop the fight unless his trainer thought Kells health was at serious risk. Am not even a fan of Kell but most objective fans will respect what he did on this night.

There is nothing "cowardly" about stepping between the ropes.

Last edited:
Commies hype up fighters early on v golovkin but it's the middle rounds where golovkin breaks down his opponents.

What? how exactly did he break down Kell? GGG was looking for that one punch KO all night and was left frustrated by how Kell controlled the pace; what won the fight for him was his patience, accuracy and power. GGG didn't give Kell much respect and that played into Brook's favour in executing his game plan but lets not kid ourselves, GGG is no where near as good as he is made out to be, he isn't unbeatable; stick him in the ring with someone on a level playing field with someone with a "boxer" who has speed and a decent chin and he'd lose given his lack of head movement and footwork.

Last edited:

I agree. Roy Jones had this to say about it

After 4th, Roy Jones watched Brook in corner & told me "Brook giving up." Corner stopped prematurely to put responsibility on them #GGGBrook

Max Kellerman tweeted it

He broke his eye socket and was taking some seriously punishing blows, also was ahead on the scorecards to so there'd be no reason to stop the fight unless his trainer thought Kells health was at serious risk. Am not even a fan of Kell but most objective fans will respect what he did on this night.

There is nothing "cowardly" about stepping between the ropes.

There is no point going into a fight if you are not prepared for battle.... FFS you think you going up beat GGG just like that?

Yea it is cowardly to throw into towel when you are still on your feet and not been knocked down. Ofcourse he will come out with excuses .... You expect him to say I was absolutely fine....

This fight was a con, aim for brook was to quit as soon as GGG was getting on top..... Cowardly indeed.

Sky and Hearn: "Everyone is talking about Kell Brook, it was an absolutely sensational performance.

GGG to HBO: "It was like sparring, I'd give myself 3 or 4 out of 10."

There is no point going into a fight if you are not prepared for battle.... FFS you think you going up beat GGG just like that?

Yea it is cowardly to throw into towel when you are still on your feet and not been knocked down. Ofcourse he will come out with excuses .... You expect him to say I was absolutely fine....

This fight was a con, aim for brook was to quit as soon as GGG was getting on top..... Cowardly indeed.

You're talking as if you've stepped in the ring with the GGG and came out the same way you went in.

GGG held a significant weight advantage over Kell Brook, in addition GGG has a KO% of around 90+; when you put that into perspective and look at how Brook was taking those punishing blows then you'd understand that it was the perfect stoppage from his corner because Brook was never going to quit and he'd risk serious damage to his health. On top of that he had broken his eye socket, it would have been nonsensical to continue.

Am not sure you understand how Boxing works, it's not a fight till the death :facepalm:

I think the only people we can call cowards are keyboard warriors not boxer's.

Sky and Hearn: "Everyone is talking about Kell Brook, it was an absolutely sensational performance.

:))) :)))

Vintage Matchroom

God I hate this Eddie Hearn guy. He is so annoying

Says it all

‏@Max_Kellerman
After 4th, Roy Jones watched Brook in corner & told me "Brook giving up." Corner stopped prematurely to put responsibility on them #GGGBrook

Last edited by a moderator:
‏@Max_Kellerman

They ought to be quiet biased, they are pushing GGG as their next big star on HBO PPV; the numbers thus far have been poor but it takes time to build up someone on the level of the PacMan who justified the hype and became a hall of fame fighter, a big part of why he was a huge draw was because he fought and beat the elite.

Also, nothing was premature about that stoppage and if anything GGG was somewhat exposed; he struggled with Brook's slippin style and control of the pace

Last edited by a moderator:
They ought to be quiet biased, they are pushing GGG as their next big star on HBO PPV; the numbers thus far have been poor but it takes time to build up someone on the level of the PacMan who justified the hype and became a hall of fame fighter.

TBH the way Brook kept touching his eye as soon as it bled a bit makes me believe Roy

TBH the way Brook kept touching his eye as soon as it bled a bit makes me believe Roy

His eye-socket was broken but he kept going, there was nothing I saw which suggested Brook was giving up but in the end he took too many punishing blows and his corner man did the right thing

You're talking as if you've stepped in the ring with the GGG and came out the same way you went in.

GGG held a significant weight advantage over Kell Brook, in addition GGG has a KO% of around 90+; when you put that into perspective and look at how Brook was taking those punishing blows then you'd understand that it was the perfect stoppage from his corner because Brook was never going to quit and he'd risk serious damage to his health. On top of that he had broken his eye socket, it would have been nonsensical to continue.

Am not sure you understand how Boxing works, it's not a fight till the death :facepalm:

I think the only people we can call cowards are keyboard warriors not boxer's.

Dude I have done boxing training and believe me I have lot of respect for whoever takes it up..... That said, this is about tactics designed to con the mug punters. There was no compulsion for brook to take on the fight.... He should go and fight the top men in his own weight class..... But he fights bums in his own weight class for easy pay days....

Why did we even think that a man use to fighting buns for easy pay days was prepared to even show any heart or battle spirit or had any intention of going to 12 rounds in a fight that was not mandatory and was of his own choosing!!

He'll get him more bums to fight for this "valiant" effort.

His eye-socket was broken but he kept going, there was nothing I saw which suggested Brook was giving up but in the end he took too many punishing blows and his corner man did the right thing

How do we know it was broken?

Dude I have done boxing training and believe me I have lot of respect for whoever takes it up..... That said, this is about tactics designed to con the mug punters. There was no compulsion for brook to take on the fight.... He should go and fight the top men in his own weight class..... But he fights bums in his own weight class for easy pay days....

Why did we even think that a man use to fighting buns for easy pay days was prepared to even show any heart or battle spirit or had any intention of going to 12 rounds in a fight that was not mandatory and was of his own choosing!!

Boxing training and actually fighting at the amateur or pro level are completely different. I agree that mug punters are conned heavily by matchroom and Hearn, I also agree that Brook has largely fought bums and his record is padded and I also don't really like the guy, quiet frankly he is a garbage person.

But lets for once use a bit of sense and be objective beyond our personal feelings towards the guy and give credit where due. Firstly why shouldn't he take on this fight? you just said he fought bums for pay days, is GGG a bum? him fighting GGG may have been low risk high rewards in that even if he lost he'd lose little but GGG is the most avoided fighter in the world and a fighter deserves credit to be willing to step in the ring with him.

As far as Brook's heart is concerned, it's not in question; he not only stepped in the ring with GGG he actually was ahead on the score-cards. And the stoppage was not premature, his trainer made the decision for him before it could get a lot worse and Brook was taking some punishing blows, he had broken his eye socket and was getting caught flush repeatedly. Like I said, Boxing is not a fight till the death.

As for Brook not facing guys in his own weight class? who isn't he facing? he had challenged Khan but negotiations have failed, he had been fighting bums after coming off a life threatening injury, has beaten one of the best in the division in porter and just took on GGG. From here on we'd expect him to get in the ring with a Thurman or Bradley but what we also have to understand is that both parties have to come to an agreement for a fight to take place, Kell was supposed to face Vargas who is a top 10 welter, everything was going smoothly but he didn't sign the papers in the end. That's just an example.

He'll also call Khan out like he always does

Why shouldn't he call out Khan? is Khan another Tomato can in the welter division or something? Khan is a big money fight for Kell and Amir being one of the best in the division it would be a great opportunity to challenge for the lineal championship

That would tell you something wouldn't it? also, visually you can clearly see the damage done to Kells right eye, irrespective of the severeness why risk further damage?

Last edited:
Boxing training and actually fighting at the amateur or pro level are completely different. I agree that mug punters are conned heavily by matchroom and Hearn, I also agree that Brook has largely fought bums and his record is padded and I also don't really like the guy, quiet frankly he is a garbage person.

But lets for once use a bit of sense and be objective beyond our personal feelings towards the guy and give credit where due. Firstly why shouldn't he take on this fight? you just said he fought bums for pay days, is GGG a bum? him fighting GGG may have been low risk high rewards in that even if he lost he'd lose little but GGG is the most avoided fighter in the world and a fighter deserves credit to be willing to step in the ring with him.

As far as Brook's heart is concerned, it's not in question; he not only stepped in the ring with GGG he actually was ahead on the score-cards. And the stoppage was not premature, his trainer made the decision for him before it could get a lot worse and Brook was taking some punishing blows, he had broken his eye socket and was getting caught flush repeatedly. Like I said, Boxing is not a fight till the death.

As for Brook not facing guys in his own weight class? who isn't he facing? he had challenged Khan but negotiations have failed, he had been fighting bums after coming off a life threatening injury, has beaten one of the best in the division in porter and just took on GGG. From here on we'd expect him to get in the ring with a Thurman or Bradley but what we also have to understand is that both parties have to come to an agreement for a fight to take place, Kell was supposed to face Vargas who is a top 10 welter, everything was going smoothly but he didn't sign the papers in the end. That's just an example.

Brook took the fight because he was going to get millions instead of a few 1ook like he usually does.

The scorecards were a joke he only won the 2nd

He was offered the Bradley fight years ago by Arum he turned it down to go the IBF route because that was by far the weakest route.

Porter was no where near the best in his division. When Khan signed to fight Julio Diaz Hearn called Diaz a shot blown up light weight.

Diaz coincidentally was coming off a draw against Shawn Porter in a fight myself and many others thought Diaz clearly won.

As for Vargas he agreed to the terms Hearn tried renegotiating as Brexit saw the £ drop considerably against the $%

Chaves signed to fight Brook, Rios was interested as was Spence whom is /was his mando an has stated multiple times he is willing to travel to the UK.

Why shouldn't he call out Khan? is Khan another Tomato can in the welter division or something? Khan is a big money fight for Kell and Amir being one of the best in the division it would be a great opportunity to challenge for the lineal championship

Well Khan is shot to **** by now and also Hearn is so full of crap he publicly stated the fight would do a lot more than what Froch Groves 2 did.

Froch made £8 million so Khan asked for some thing similar and hired a big shot lawyer formerly used by Lennox Lewis,

Hearn then tried the good old bait and switch .

As for Lineal Brook is no where near the number one and Khan is not number 2 either Pac is back Thurman and Bradley are both better than Brook and have proven it

Last edited:
How do you know it wasn't broken? assuming it wasn't, still; why is the stoppage premature?

It looked clearly like it was pre meditated Roy Rones Junior greed and he was sat right there Jones a fighter who has done it all would be the last person to call any one a quiter he is not no journalist he knows the sacrifice involved.

Brook took the fight because he was going to get millions instead of a few 1ook like he usually does.

The scorecards were a joke he only won the 2nd

He was offered the Bradley fight years ago by Arum he turned it down to go the IBF route because that was by far the weakest route.

Porter was no where near the best in his division. When Khan signed to fight Julio Diaz Hearn called Diaz a shot blown up light weight.

Diaz coincidentally was coming off a draw against Shawn Porter in a fight myself and many others thought Diaz clearly won.

As for Vargas he agreed to the terms Hearn tried renegotiating as Brexit saw the £ drop considerably against the $%

Chaves signed to fight Brook, Rios was interested as was Spence whom is /was his mando an has stated multiple times he is willing to travel to the UK.

That's the nature of the game, why shouldn't he take the fight? should he have fought for peanuts?

That is subjective but those judges who are more qualified then me and you had Kell ahead, GGG was throwing a lot early on but he was missing quiet frequently, Brook slipped his punches well and threw fantastic combinations in the centre of he ring.

It's no secret that Matchroom pad the record of their fighters but to Kells credit he has beaten Porter who is amongst the best in the division and this is evident by his terrific performance agaiPnst Thurman in what was a very very close fight recently. Porter in fact fought Diaz again and actually beat him.

Vargas quiet frankly ducked Brook, Hearn was offering him millions to come over and it was a very winnable fight for Kell and the chance to get another belt.

Spence only recently became the mandatory challenger to Kells IBF title and Rios was in the mix to until Kell decided to fight GGG who is a superior opponent to the likes of spence, vargas and chaves.

Well Khan is shot to **** by now and also Hearn is so full of crap he publicly stated the fight would do a lot more than what Froch Groves 2 did.

Froch made £8 million so Khan asked for some thing similar and hired a big shot lawyer formerly used by Lennox Lewis,

Hearn then tried the good old bait and switch .

As for Lineal Brook is no where near the number one and Khan is not number 2 either Pac is back Thurman and Bradley are both better than Brook and have proven it

That is all true but was responding to the post where you said he'd call Khan out again as if it's a bad thing, financially and from the perspective of reputation it's a good fight for both.

Hearn did just that, I agree with.

Both Brook and Khan are ranked 1 and 2 by Ring Magazine so if they could it would be for their lineal championship.

Pac is back but he hasn't fought in a long long time so he doesn't just get back into the top 10 automatically, he's not even ranked in the top P4P 10. Yeah Bradley and Thurman have better case then Khan and Brook to be in the top 2 in the welter division

You are blinded by your hatred for kell or else you'd have noticed the damage done to his right eye

No.

I was conned and I am giving my view. I find it rather distasteful in being conned by these cowardly tactics. Do you think Froch would have thrown in the towel after getting put under sustained pressure?

It looked clearly like it was pre meditated Roy Rones Junior greed and he was sat right there Jones a fighter who has done it all would be the last person to call any one a quiter he is not no journalist he knows the sacrifice involved.

And he was working for HBO right? assuming it wasn't broken or pre-meditated, the trainer made the best decision to throw in the towel there. He was taking some seriously punishing blows.

No.

I was conned and I am giving my view. I find it rather distasteful in being conned by these cowardly tactics. Do you think Froch would have thrown in the towel after getting put under sustained pressure?

How would Froch throw in the Towel while fighting? unless he just walked out the ring. Kell's trainer threw in the towel not the fighter himself, you're going on like Kell quit on his stool and that wasn't the case, the fight was stopped after he was taking some seriously punishing blows. Either you have no respect for GGG's power and the fact that he outweighed Kell significantly or you think Brook's chin is literally made out of granite and able to sustain power from a HW never mind a MW.

That's the nature of the game, why shouldn't he take the fight? should he have fought for peanuts?

That is subjective but those judges who are more qualified then me and you had Kell ahead, GGG was throwing a lot early on but he was missing quiet frequently, Brook slipped his punches well and threw fantastic combinations in the centre of he ring.

It's no secret that Matchroom pad the record of their fighters but to Kells credit he has beaten Porter who is amongst the best in the division and this is evident by his terrific performance agaiPnst Thurman in what was a very very close fight recently. Porter in fact fought Diaz again and actually beat him.

Vargas quiet frankly ducked Brook, Hearn was offering him millions to come over and it was a very winnable fight for Kell and the chance to get another belt.

Spence only recently became the mandatory challenger to Kells IBF title and Rios was in the mix to until Kell decided to fight GGG who is a superior opponent to the likes of spence, vargas and chaves.

British judges are amongst the worst in the world remember Burns "Draw" against Beltrán a matchroom card also?

It was close but clear. As for Diaz he was "shot" when Khan fought him what was he when Porter actually did manage beat him?

Porter best wins are fighters moving up on was considered a cherry pick for Khan (Alexander) the other barely beat if that Paulie.

Vargas did not duck Brook at all he agreed to the money originally offered by Hearn. Whom then tried lowering after the £s value dropped.

Rios and Chaves were both in the mix last summer he went on the fight gavins dans and biziers.

As for GGG it was clearly a money grab, unless of course he sticks to 160 which he won't

That is all true but was responding to the post where you said he'd call Khan out again as if it's a bad thing, financially and from the perspective of reputation it's a good fight for both.

Hearn did just that, I agree with.

Both Brook and Khan are ranked 1 and 2 by Ring Magazine so if they could it would be for their lineal championship.

Pac is back but he hasn't fought in a long long time so he doesn't just get back into the top 10 automatically, he's not even ranked in the top P4P 10. Yeah Bradley and Thurman have better case then Khan and Brook to be in the top 2 in the welter division

Pac v Bradley was in April

And he was working for HBO right? assuming it wasn't broken or pre-meditated, the trainer made the best decision to throw in the towel there. He was taking some seriously punishing blows.

Well HBO is nowhere near as biased as SKY in fact when Alexander got a gift against Kotelnik Kellerman called it like it was even though Alexander was hyped up as the next big thing at the time.

How would Froch throw in the Towel while fighting? unless he just walked out the ring. Kell's trainer threw in the towel not the fighter himself, you're going on like Kell quit on his stool and that wasn't the case, the fight was stopped after he was taking some seriously punishing blows. Either you have no respect for GGG's power and the fact that he outweighed Kell significantly or you think Brook's chin is literally made out of granite and able to sustain power from a HW never mind a MW.

He was under sustained pressure.... what's unusual about that in boxing, That's what happens... Didn't GGG get hit? What is unusual about that.

What is unusual, or rather in hindsight I shouldn't be for someone who feasts on bum fighters, is that he had no intention of going long into the fight, it was about doing enough to raise his stock .... So as far as the fight goes, it was a con because one side was cowardly.

British judges are amongst the worst in the world remember Burns "Draw" against Beltrán a matchroom card also?

It was close but clear. As for Diaz he was "shot" when Khan fought him what was he when Porter actually did manage beat him?

Porter best wins are fighters moving up on was considered a cherry pick for Khan (Alexander) the other barely beat if that Paulie.

Vargas did not duck Brook at all he agreed to the money originally offered by Hearn. Whom then tried lowering after the £s value dropped.

Rios and Chaves were both in the mix last summer he went on the fight gavins dans and biziers.

As for GGG it was clearly a money grab, unless of course he sticks to 160 which he won't

It doesn't always have to be about Khan v Kell but many posters turn it into that given their personal feelings, for the record Khan has the better resume overall. And Diaz was in fact past his prime on both occasions. If porter was that big a bum then Thurman would have beaten him emphatically, I recall scoring it a draw. Stylistically Alexander was perfect for Khan but he deserves credit for making a world class fighter look like an amateur. Other thing, which genuine welterweight has Khan ever fought?

The money was a steal for Vargas but he refused so I classify it as a duck. Kell also was coming off a serious injury so needed tune up but no doubt deserves criticism for opponent quality.

It was a money grab but also because no one else really wanted to fight him, Eubanks were being drama queens as usual

Pac v Bradley was in April
He had also said that he was retired so many took him out their rankings, plus I doubt he will be around for long; plus beating Vargas will do little to elevate his standing; besides i dont know what this comeback means, he needs the money so quick buck and out so I dont know how serious he actually is with regards to stamping his authority again in the div, even moreso for someone who has done it all.

Terence Crawford would have been an ideal opponent but after his sensational performance doubt Arum will ever make the fight

He was under sustained pressure.... what's unusual about that in boxing, That's what happens... Didn't GGG get hit? What is unusual about that.

What is unusual, or rather in hindsight I shouldn't be for someone who feasts on bum fighters, is that he had no intention of going long into the fight, it was about doing enough to raise his stock .... So as far as the fight goes, it was a con because one side was cowardly.

What do fighters take sustained punishment to the point where they are no longer able to breath? Am sorry but I didn't know boxing was a fight till the death. It is non-sensical to assume fighters step in the ring with no intention of winning, they are putting their lives at risk so the only people who are cowardly are keyboard warriors. Fought bums before but GGG is no bums, he wasn't taking punches from Carson Jones there before the stoppage came and not only that he was getting caught flush and throwing little back so the trainer made the correct decision

Well HBO is nowhere near as biased as SKY in fact when Alexander got a gift against Kotelnik Kellerman called it like it was even though Alexander was hyped up as the next big thing at the time.

Just take a look at letterman scorecard of Khan/Canelo, they are as bad as each other.

It doesn't always have to be about Khan v Kell but many posters turn it into that given their personal feelings, for the record Khan has the better resume overall. And Diaz was in fact past his prime on both occasions. If porter was that big a bum then Thurman would have beaten him emphatically, I recall scoring it a draw. Stylistically Alexander was perfect for Khan but he deserves credit for making a world class fighter look like an amateur. Other thing, which genuine welterweight has Khan ever fought?

The money was a steal for Vargas but he refused so I classify it as a duck. Kell also was coming off a serious injury so needed tune up but no doubt deserves criticism for opponent quality.

It was a money grab but also because no one else really wanted to fight him, Eubanks were being drama queens as usual

I scored the fight 8-4 to Thurman. Porter smothered his own work way too much.

Khan is not a career welter he has had 3 fights there excluding Diaz which was at a catchweight. Porter and Brook are long time welters. Porter only ever fought a puncher in his previous fight and Brook is yet to fight one at welter.

Also when Brook fought a puncher Roy Jones thought he quit as soon as the going got tough.

I don't think Vargas ducked at all in fact I think Hearn tried a fast one. Vargas did the right thing as he is making more than double what Hearn originally offered

Nor do I think Khan is a top welter weight until proven otherwise in fact he is way past his best as he has been in a lot of tough fights.

Last edited:
I scored the fight 8-4 to Thurman. Porter smothered his own work way too much.

Khan is not a career welter he has had 3 fights there excluding Diaz which was at a catchweight. Porter and Brook are long time welters. Porter only ever fought a puncher in his previous fight and Brook is yet to fight one at welter.

Also when Brook fought a puncher Roy Jones thought he quit as soon as the going got tough.

I don't think Vargas ducked at all in fact I think Hearn tried a fast one. Vargas did the right thing as he is making more than double what Hearn originally offered

Nor do I think Khan is a top welter weight until proven otherwise in fact he is way past his best as he has been in a lot of tough fights.

Thurman couldn't deal with Porters work rate and struggled for long periods but his cleaner work bought him back in the fight still a draw for me.

That doesn't excuse the fact that Khan has not fought a genuine welter in a division which he claims that he is most compatible at. Brook has fought Porter atleast, if his power wasn't a threat Khan would have fought him by now.

Well Looks like Roy Jones brain cells have been permanently damaged from that KO from Enzo what a nonsensical pro HBO comment

I don't agree with that it was a big duck from Vargas he was made an offer he can't refuse and being a tailor made opponent for Kell to beat am not surprised he ducked.

His problem is that he is not active so he will have stamina issues and lack that extra sharpness in the ring but Khan is pretty mich semi-retired, if he took the sport bit more seriously he could still be competetive.

Last edited:

How do you see that fight going?

He'll also call Khan out like he always does

I think that was the whole point of this fight. Brook was clearly trying to follow Khan's lead in moving up two weights to fight a middleweight so then the fight he's been wanting with Khan can finally be made. Khan himself might take it, I agree with you, he looks shot these days so his big money fights are running out. Khan was at his best as a lightweight where he could move faster and could knock out people at that weight. As a weleterweight he loses speed and his punches have less effect.

GGG needs to fight a big name in the middleweight division. He's got power but he moves really predictably and he looks easy to hit. I need to see him against a genuine middleweight contender before calling him the real deal.

How do you see that fight going?

I'd say right now Brook has the edge given Khan's lack of activity in the ring, being somewhat semi-retired and slightly past his prime years. The biggest advantage for Brook is the fact that he is a huge welterweight and naturally a lot more compatible at 147lb then Khan who started his career at lightweight. It would without a shadow of a doubt end up being fight of the year though, I have no doubt about that. If you asked me the same question a couple of years back and I didn't put as much emphasis on the weight then I'd give Khan more of a chance but as it stands 60-40 in favour of Brook.

I can see Khan boxing Brook's head off early on and cause serious problems with his speed, Kell would move well use his slick head movement to slip punches and get a couple of counter punching shots in here and there but Khan would win the rounds. Khan would slow down beyond round 6, Kell would go to the body and eventually score a stoppage win between rounds 9-11.

I think that was the whole point of this fight. Brook was clearly trying to follow Khan's lead in moving up two weights to fight a middleweight so then the fight he's been wanting with Khan can finally be made. Khan himself might take it, I agree with you, he looks shot these days so his big money fights are running out. Khan was at his best as a lightweight where he could move faster and could knock out people at that weight. As a weleterweight he loses speed and his punches have less effect.

GGG needs to fight a big name in the middleweight division. He's got power but he moves really predictably and he looks easy to hit. I need to see him against a genuine middleweight contender before calling him the real deal.

Exactly, there's no love lost between the two but Khan not fighting Brook has been due to a) he has fought bums b) doesn't like him given his distasteful insults, things like mocking him the moment he got KO'd was very poor. So given his dislike for Kell due to how he disrespects Khan he just didn't want to give him a pay day but the main biggy has always been the fact that he hasn't fought anyone worth talking about and especially after becoming world champion. But getting in the ring with GGG is no joke and Khan has expressed a welcomed interest to fight Brook now and to be honest there is no reason for the two not to fight. Sure they hate each other but Brook has finally fought an elite fighter and we need to give credit where due.

I've not been one to jump on the GGG bandwagon and have made that clear because as avoided as he is, we only get to see the true measure of a fighter when they fight someone decent. Canelo has fought better opposition but struggled big time against Lara, Cotto and Trout; he is incredibly flat footed and would have serious problems against fighters with a high boxing IQ.

GGG doesn't have the best footwork/head-movement but he does have decent boxing ability to go along with his power, as good as Kell was GGG's wasn't at his best and he was looking for that one punch KO all night rather then use his brains.

However, both GGG and Canelo are made out to be better then they actually are. When I look at some of the names in the P4P top 10, the guys who for me are the real deal are Kovalev, Ward, Gonzales and Terence Crawford. There's hype around the MW's given the rich history of the division, but Canelo isn't even a MW ;)

Khan was at his best at light-welterweight, he got too big at LW and started to lose effectiveness; moving to 140 gave him the edge in terms of power and he retained that speed. His only loss at that weight was against a guy he was the heavy favourite and should have compatibly won a 12 round decision but Garcia got his daddy to thank for because Khan strayed from the game plan after being winded up.

So it has been confirmed that Kell suffered a serious injury to his right eye.........

Lol a lot of ridiculous hate for Kell on here...you could see early on that he kept dabbing at his eye...this was no premeditated excuse...Paulie even said in between rounds that he suspected it might be a broken eye socket...and that is what it has been confirmed as...

Kell has his whole career ahead of him...was in with the one of the worlds deadliest punchers and Ingle did the right thing...anyone saying otherwise is full of bs frankly...

Its a shame cos that's the best i've ever seen anyone against GGG...i had doubts about Kell's chin coming into the fight but he showed he can take a shot...and he showed as well that he's got serious skills and heart...he stayed in the pocket...and showed how poor GGG's head movement is at times...he got the best of most exchanges...

I think 154 is a good weight for Kell and I fancy him to take anyone at that weight...and thats including Canela...

As for the comment about Froch...as Shaz said Kell continued to fight...if Froch had broken his eye socket then his trainer would brought in a towel too...

It's far to easy for fans to say 'he should have done this'...Israel Vazquez could have done with better trainers as he is about to have his right eye removed...a broken eye socket is no joke especially when the guy coming at you has hands like GGG's...

Christmas come early for [MENTION=133972]shaykh[/MENTION] :))) Bet you thought I'd be the last person defending Kell Brook against this army of pro-Amir-Khan fans. Am a fan of Khan to but fans of boxing won't let fandom get in the way of objectivity.

The eye injury has been confirmed now and he will require surgery, I think it was one of the best stoppages I have ever seen in the sport of boxing; don't think it was an easy decision but absolutely the correct call. You could see it in Kells eyes, he was hurting but wasn't going to quit and just before the stoppage the hands had completely been lowered. All of a sudden people don't respect GGG's power and wanted the fight to go on till the death? am not sure they understand how boxing works.

We've not seen Kell at 154 so I can't comment on how he'd do at that weight but obviously it would seem that is the ideal weight for him given how huge he is at 147. Canelo is a great fighter but I think he'd struggle against Brook, heck the guy was being outboxed by Khan, Cotto, Trout and Lara; he was lucky to get the favour of the judges thanks to Golden Boy having them in their pocket but in Brook he'd find an opponent on a level playing field in terms of the size advantage, slick, great speed, power and a chin.

I've criticised Brook in the past but my issue has always been his resume but his boxing ability has never been in doubt, I have great respect for him now and you got to be an absolute narrow minded blind hater not to; it's no joke getting in the ring with GGG the guy is a monster.

Lol a lot of ridiculous hate for Kell on here...you could see early on that he kept dabbing at his eye...this was no premeditated excuse...Paulie even said in between rounds that he suspected it might be a broken eye socket...and that is what it has been confirmed as...

Kell has his whole career ahead of him...was in with the one of the worlds deadliest punchers and Ingle did the right thing...anyone saying otherwise is full of bs frankly...

Its a shame cos that's the best i've ever seen anyone against GGG...i had doubts about Kell's chin coming into the fight but he showed he can take a shot...and he showed as well that he's got serious skills and heart...he stayed in the pocket...and showed how poor GGG's head movement is at times...he got the best of most exchanges...

I think 154 is a good weight for Kell and I fancy him to take anyone at that weight...and thats including Canela...

As for the comment about Froch...as Shaz said Kell continued to fight...if Froch had broken his eye socket then his trainer would brought in a towel too...

It's far to easy for fans to say 'he should have done this'...Israel Vazquez could have done with better trainers as he is about to have his right eye removed...a broken eye socket is no joke especially when the guy coming at you has hands like GGG's...

You haven't seen an ancient Ouma against GGG?

Paulie went 12 against prime Cotto with a broken orbital and his was swelled like a balloon.

Paulie went 12 against prime Cotto with a broken orbital and his was swelled like a balloon.

Too bad his corner man never threw in the towel to prevent further damage, boxing isn't a fight till the death.

Too bad his corner man never threw in the towel to prevent further damage, boxing isn't a fight till the death.

Paulie didn't die in fact he went on to win another title at LWW an a further one at WW

Paulie didn't die in fact he went on to win another title at LWW an a further one at WW

http://www.mightyfighter.com/top-10-worst-injuries-in-boxing/

malignaggi-cheek.jpg

Yeah I wonder why it's listed amongst top 10 worst injuries in boxing. You seriously believe a fighter should have to endure such Punishment? I think you'd faint while walking towards the ring.

Anyhow when you're taking punishing blows it takes years of your career and shortens your life. What has Paulie done as of late? he's only 35 but has seen too many gruelling fights, it is better to be safe then sorry.

Only someone who has no respect for the sport of boxing, the power of GGG and ones health would believe a fighter should continue despite a broken eye socket and taking repeated blows flush that too while throwing nothing back with their guard down.

Last edited:

Those stats are not a good measure of the fight, GGG was made to look like an amateur in the ring there by Kell; he was clearly frustrated and completely exposed for his lack of head movement and poor footwork; he was left looking for that single KO punch and wild swings in a desperate bid to bail him out and it was his size which won him the fight in the end. The Judges scorecards were a perfect reflection of how the fight went down

Those stats are not a good measure of the fight, GGG was made to look like an amateur in the ring there by Kell; he was clearly frustrated and completely exposed for his lack of head movement and poor footwork; he was left looking for that single KO punch and wild swings in a desperate bid to bail him out and it was his size which won him the fight in the end. The Judges scorecards were a perfect reflection of how the fight went down

Brook won the second round only for me he got battered and apparently his eye socket got smashed.

He did not respect Brooks power that is why he was wild, he was the same against Brand too unlike lemoo who's power he respected.

In fact GGG stated himself he treated the fight like a sparing session

gave himself a 3 out of 10

As for GGG being made uncomfortable lol that's just Sky hype and Carl froch being bitter as usual because he retired instead of fighting GGG

Last edited:
Brook won the second round only for me he got battered and apparently his eye socket got smashed.

He did not respect Brooks power that is why he was wild, he was the same against Brand too unlike lemoo.

In fact GGG stated himself he treated the fight like a sparing session

gave himself a 3 out of 10

I'd give GGG maybe 2 rounds at best but he was absolutely exposed, GGG calling it a sparring session just goes to show that Kell embarrassed him in the fight. What Kell proved is that GGG is only human, the positive for Gennady is that more fighters will look to face him after this, had Kell been an actual MW GGG would have been in serious serious trouble.

I'd give GGG maybe 2 rounds at best but he was absolutely exposed, GGG calling it a sparring session just goes to show that Kell embarrassed him in the fight. What Kell proved is that GGG is only human, the positive for Gennady is that more fighters will look to face him after this, had Kell been an actual MW GGG would have been in serious serious trouble.

How by getting smashed in 5?

How by getting smashed in 5?

He was expected to get smashed but he wasn't expected to make GGG look like an amateur in the ring and expose his lack of boxing ability so he was embarrassed. A guy that big was hitting Kell with his best shots yet it took him 5 rounds to take him out? that too with the help from Brook's corner, had Brook not suffered that injury in the 2nd GGG probably would have lost the fight had it gone 12 rounds.

As expected this fight was a climb up to far for brook, but fair does that he atleast gave it a go in the ring. He will be better off dropping down to junior middle weight and trying to gain titles.

Daniel jacobs and BJ Saunders all off a sudden flapping their gums avout wanting GGG again and seeing flaws but if either of those guys get in the ring they will get destroyed.

GGG may have been below par on saturday but he still got the job done, and he would pretty smash any middleweight in the ring right now. He showed hes got a very solid chin and like against most of his opponents he will slowly break them down when required.

GGG may have been below par on saturday but he still got the job done, and he would pretty smash any middleweight in the ring right now. He showed hes got a very solid chin and like against most of his opponents he will slowly break them down when required.

Yes. GGG doesn't have that 1 punch power like Julian Jackson but he systematically breaks you down kind of like a Julia Cesar Chavez did.

Also any one else think Brook was dropped in the 3rd? Sky for some reason conveniently didn't show a replay.

Coming from a huge MARK for GGG. The fact is the guy has power and a great chin that's about it, stick him in the ring with someone who has quick hands and an actual boxing IQ and he'll struggle! sure he's going to look good and "systematically" break down limited fighters who allow him to do so, who has he fought again? in fact Kell is his best opponent and GGG can thank god he came from 2 divisions below him.

Yes. GGG doesn't have that 1 punch power like Julian Jackson but he systematically breaks you down kind of like a Julia Cesar Chavez did.

Also any one else think Brook was dropped in the 3rd? Sky for some reason conveniently didn't show a replay.

Did the ref rule it a slip or a knockdown ?

As expected this fight was a climb up to far for brook, but fair does that he atleast gave it a go in the ring. He will be better off dropping down to junior middle weight and trying to gain titles.

Daniel jacobs and BJ Saunders all off a sudden flapping their gums avout wanting GGG again and seeing flaws but if either of those guys get in the ring they will get destroyed.

BJS would destroy him, GGG has a punchers chance literally! he relies on that power, but as we saw Kell was taking his best shots but still it took him 5 rounds to get him out of there and he needed help from Brook's corner, he can thank god that Brook suffered that injury to his right eye or else I fear an upset was on the cards

Did the ref rule it a slip or a knockdown ?

He obviously ruled it a slip.
Looked like a knockdown as a punch landed and like I stated Sky conveniently did not show a replay for some reason.

It doesn't matter any way because GGG got the win well inside the distance.

Coming from a huge MARK for GGG. The fact is the guy has power and a great chin that's about it, stick him in the ring with someone who has quick hands and an actual boxing IQ and he'll struggle! sure he's going to look good and "systematically" break down limited fighters who allow him to do so, who has he fought again? in fact Kell is his best opponent and GGG can thank god he came from 2 divisions below him.

He has beaten every one put in front of him. He also wanted Sky man Froch whom retired instead.
GGG's toughest fights were Ouma and Stevens.
Have you seen them fights?

He has beaten every one put in front of him. He also wanted Sky man Froch whom retired instead.
GGG's toughest fights were Ouma and Stevens.
Have you seen them fights?

Even Carson Jones gave Kell a tough fight, does that make him his best opponent? and sure GGG has beaten what has been put before him but stick him in there with someone who has an actual boxing IQ and he'd struggle, he is lucky Kell came from two divisions below him

Last edited:
He obviously ruled it a slip.
Looked like a knockdown as a punch landed and like I stated Sky conveniently did not show a replay for some reason.

It doesn't matter any way because GGG got the win well inside the distance.

Okay he ruled it a slip. So why should Sky show a replay of a slip?

Back