Boxing Thread

Even Carson Jones gave Kell a tough fight, does that make him his best opponent?

You do realise lower weight fighters tend to be better skilled don't you.
I mean who was more skilled Roberto Duran or Bernard Hopkins?

Stevens would batter Brook if they ever fought and make him/his corner quit again to fight another day.

Okay he ruled it a slip. So why should Sky show a replay of a slip?

A punch landed. It doesn't matter any way like I said Brook got battered so no chance of a fix being in like Burns and that mexican chap.

Last edited:
Even Carson Jones gave Kell a tough fight, does that make him his best opponent? and sure GGG has beaten what has been put before him but stick him in there with someone who has an actual boxing IQ and he'd struggle, he is lucky Kell came from two divisions below him

Who is there out there that he could fight?
Or are you referring to Ward?

You do realise lower weight fighters tend to be better skilled don't you.
I mean who was more skilled Roberto Duran or Bernard Hopkins?

Stevens would batter Brook if they ever fought and make him/his corner quit again to fight another day.

Is Carson Jones his best opponent then?

In that case Danny Garicia must have better boxing ability then Muhammad Ali

Better to be safe then sorry; boxing is not a fight till the death. Rather the towel then a stretcher/permanent-brain-damage...

Also I agree it was a crap fight but Brook called him out not the other way round. Eubank Jnr's "Corner don't own Towels" but so far have proven they dont own pens either.

A punch landed. It doesn't matter any way like I said Brook got battered so no chance of a fix being in like Burns and that mexican chap.

The ref has better view then you and it was a slip, what fix?

Also I agree it was a crap fight but Brook called him out not the other way round. Eubank Jnr's "Corner don't own Towels" but so far have proven they dont own pens either.

He's not in a position to say that the coward

Is Carson Jones his best opponent then?

In that case Danny Garicia must have better boxing ability then Muhammad Ali

Better to be safe then sorry; boxing is not a fight till the death. Rather the towel then a stretcher/permanent-brain-damage...

Well Garcia throws to the body unlike Ali did :p

Carson Jones is crap but he was the biggest puncher Brook fought until now.

Just like an umpire has a better view in cricket so he can't be wrong?

Is an umpire always wrong then? I'd put more trust in objective officials who are more qualified then pro Khan fans :))

Just out of curiosity do you think Khan is more skilled than Canelo?

It's a tough one because he has tremendous boxing ability but has a knack for big lapses in concentration where he stays in the pocket a bit too long and gets caught flush, people say he's chinny but I disagree with that because some of the shots he absorbs would take out most top guys. Canelo on the other hand is very flat footed, his biggest strength is his speed and ability to measure distance but we've seen him struggle against the likes of Trout, Lara and even Cotto. Guys with some speed and good foot movement cause him problems. Am probably leaning towards Khan though as far as skill is concerned.....and the evidence is there, he was out-boxing Canelo in the fight

Is an umpire always wrong then? I'd put more trust in objective officials who are more qualified then pro Khan fans :))

I'm not even pro Khan just because I disagree with the Sky narrative doesn't make me a hater I thought he got dropped.

I also thought Brook only won the 2nd round that was close too. HBO thought the same.
HBO are biased but in this instance they didn't need to be every one knew the fight isn't going to go past 6.

I saw his interview on IFL GGG said he won every round and Brook has no power and was not strong

He even said he knocked Brook down, which I thought too, but it was ruled a slip

I saw his interview on IFL GGG said he won every round and Brook has no power and was not strong

He even said he knocked Brook down, which I thought too, but it was ruled a slip

Obviously he will say that after a poor performance, in fact we could argue that his power is overrated; Kell took some heavy blows and shook them off. And you must also agree with that since you rule the stoppage premature, took 5 rounds for the feather fisted GGG to KO a guy from two divisions below him right

I also thought Brook only won the 2nd round that was close too. HBO thought the same.
HBO are biased but in this instance they didn't need to be every one knew the fight isn't going to go past 6.

They scored almost every round in favour of Canelo when he fought Khan, I won't pay attention to their broadcast. Sky are no where near as biased as them. It is MatchRoom who chat rubbish, Sky are professional more often then not

I don't see how anyone can criticise GGG for fighting Brook...

BJS is ducking him...
Eubank is ducking him...
Canelo is ducking him...
Jacobs is ducking him...
Cotto is ducking him...

Simple fact is no-one EXCEPT Brook was willing to fight GGG so can't really hate on him here...alternately look at who Canelo is fighting this week...this when EVERYONE wants to fight him...

On Kassim Ouma...thats a good shout...but i'd argue that GGG is a better fighter now than he was then...GGG was a fighter in transition pretty much back then...he's much more polished now...

And as for Paulie...say what you want...he turned out fine...many boxers don't...like I said Vazquez has just had his eye removed...Ingle did the right thing...

Sure, we can also excuse him for not moving up to SMW and taking up on Ward's challenge. No issue answering Kells though.

GGG has mostly fought bums and is unproven, looked like an amateur against Kell who actually had a bit of skill. Canelo has fought better opponents then GGG so its no surprise he struggled against opponents of a higher quality as would GGG, both not as good as they are made out to be. After that fight with Kell Canelo should be licking his lips but only issue is weight, he isnt a 160 fighter

GGG has mostly fought bums and is unproven, looked like an amateur against Kell who actually had a bit of skill. Canelo has fought better opponents then GGG so its no surprise he struggled against opponents of a higher quality as would GGG, both not as good as they are made out to be. After that fight with Kell Canelo should be licking his lips but only issue is weight, he isnt a 160 fighter

Bit harsh...I agree he might be overhyped...but what can he do when no-one is willing to fight him...

So on Canelo what's his big win?...a past it Cotto?...Khan, Angulo, Josesito, Kirkland were sham fights...Canelo has fought better fighters and not looked great against them...i personally felt Trout and Lara beat him...

Lemieux is no bum btw...he's a fighter in his prime and is as good as the guys on Canelos list...a more than legitimate fight...

Bit harsh...I agree he might be overhyped...but what can he do when no-one is willing to fight him...

So on Canelo what's his big win?...a past it Cotto?...Khan, Angulo, Josesito, Kirkland were sham fights...Canelo has fought better fighters and not looked great against them...i personally felt Trout and Lara beat him...

Lemieux is no bum btw...he's a fighter in his prime and is as good as the guys on Canelos list...a more than legitimate fight...

Point is, you know exactly how good or bad Canelo is; off course a fighter who hasn't been tested or fought someone decent enough will be overly hyped because they'll look so damn good. This is the first time GGG fought someone decent with a boxing IQ and you have to admit it was a poor performance, don't forget Kell came from two divisions below. Majority have avoided him but Ward was willing.... ..

He's decent but a slugger, I don't rate him....

Anyhow WBA have ordered GGG and Jacobs to fight I believe and BJS, Andy Lee have also expressed an interest to fight him. His next opponent should be decent, he is no longer feared

Official cards were released today...they were a little generous to Brook imo...can't see how he led one card...i can see 2-2...he definitely took the 2nd and might have edged the 1st...

That said GGG would have come on strong regardless of whether Brook broke his eye socket or not...for all the criticism of GGG he is very good at hounding fighters and hurting them...hes an accomplished slugger with poor defence...

His head movement is a problem for him...this is why he is absolutely no match for Ward...Ward is an expert at exposing fighters flaws and he will do so with GGG too...Abel Sanchez needs to stop talking about 168 when its evident GGG isnt going to go up...

I think what is clear is that GGG isnt as amazing as people have made out...but that said he still destroys all at 160 and 154...Andrade is probably his biggest threat...I remember thinking Floyd wouldn't beat him but i'm starting to think differently now...

Lol Spence's trainer is mouthing off today about how Spence would KO Brook and GGG :p ...BJS is also chatting about how poor GGG is...i just wish some of these guys cussing GGG would actually step into the ring with him...

Point is, you know exactly how good or bad Canelo is; off course a fighter who hasn't been tested or fought someone decent enough will be overly hyped because they'll look so damn good. This is the first time GGG fought someone decent with a boxing IQ and you have to admit it was a poor performance, don't forget Kell came from two divisions below. Majority have avoided him but Ward was willing.... ..

Anyhow WBA have ordered GGG and Jacobs to fight I believe and BJS, Andy Lee have also expressed an interest to fight him. His next opponent should be decent, he is no longer feared

I think you're being a bit unfair to GGG. Yes he doesn't have great footwork or boxing skills but in professional boxing immense power can make up for this. Brook was brave no doubt and fought well for a couple of rounds but he didn't hurt GGG, it was like a sparring match for him, he doesn't mind getting hit because he knows his power is too much too handle for anyone in his division and although his boxing skills aren't magnificent he is actually pretty accurate with his power shots, he especially has a great body which is executed with perfection on most occasions as Brook realised.

I think you're being a bit unfair to GGG. Yes he doesn't have great footwork or boxing skills but in professional boxing immense power can make up for this. Brook was brave no doubt and fought well for a couple of rounds but he didn't hurt GGG, it was like a sparring match for him, he doesn't mind getting hit because he knows his power is too much too handle for anyone in his division and although his boxing skills aren't magnificent he is actually pretty accurate with his power shots, he especially has a great body which is executed with perfection on most occasions as Brook realised.

I'd always pick the boxer over the puncher, foreman could hit really hard to but he got found out by a Muhammad Ali past his prime. I wouldn't classify a pro bout where GGG looked like an amateur a sparring match, that is what he called it in defence of him looking like an amateur against a fighter with an actual boxing IQ. It's not GGG's fault no one wants to fight him but he is overly hyped, I don't think am being unfair at all my view on him is generally very objective compared to most who look at him as this invincible beast despite him not being tested by a high calibre opponent on a level playing field while guys like Ward are criminally underrated with no where near as much hype despite having achieve sooooo much more. GGG had no issue facing someone from 2 divisions below him but he was also challenged by Ward to.......

Official cards were released today...they were a little generous to Brook imo...can't see how he led one card...i can see 2-2...he definitely took the 2nd and might have edged the 1st...

That said GGG would have come on strong regardless of whether Brook broke his eye socket or not...for all the criticism of GGG he is very good at hounding fighters and hurting them...hes an accomplished slugger with poor defence...

His head movement is a problem for him...this is why he is absolutely no match for Ward...Ward is an expert at exposing fighters flaws and he will do so with GGG too...Abel Sanchez needs to stop talking about 168 when its evident GGG isnt going to go up...

I think what is clear is that GGG isnt as amazing as people have made out...but that said he still destroys all at 160 and 154...Andrade is probably his biggest threat...I remember thinking Floyd wouldn't beat him but i'm starting to think differently now...

Lol Spence's trainer is mouthing off today about how Spence would KO Brook and GGG :p ...BJS is also chatting about how poor GGG is...i just wish some of these guys cussing GGG would actually step into the ring with him...

BJS previously wasn't as confident about stepping in the ring with him and he had made that clear unlike Eubanks who chat a lot more crap! but he genuinely believes he can expose his flaws and I believe out of all the fighters at MW; BJS is most likely to face GGG. I am certain that fight will happen.

Huge respect for Brook in taking this fight. I felt it showed incredible courage in how he decided to be brave and go toe to toe with Golovkin for parts of the fight. I even think he won a round which is amazing considering what he was up against. I admire his bravery and courage in trying to make it into a contest. He took a lot of punishment and even with a broken eye he wanted to continue going. It is summed up by how he was still inviting golovkin forward in the fifth round. In the end though it was expected for Golovkin to win and rightly so. He will go down in history as one of the greatest fighters ever. He is not just a puncher but he has a great boxing brain and tactics and a chin. All the top fighters have had a good chin. Canelo could possibly challenge him and would be an amazing fight. They both are incredible fighters with a lot of power.

Agreed I think this is fair analysis. It would be a massive fight for British fans and indeed worldwide. For me though Brook would win due to his flexible switching style and the fact he can take a punch as well as being able to land big punches. Amir Khan has speed and tactical ability a lot of credit for him in what he has achieved but for me Kell Brook would win in the end. It seems as though Khan has avoided this fight for a while but surely it has to happen now and Brook to win for me. I am not even a Big Brook fan but following boxing for years tells me that at the top level you require a sound chin to succeed and Amir Khan has shown that to be true.

Your views: Canelo v Smith this Saturday

Another interesting fight to come this Saturday is Saul Canelo Alvarez v Liam Smith. Saul Canelo Alvarez (47-1-1, 33 kos) fights the current WBO Junior middleweight champion Liam Beefy Smith (23-0-1, 13 kos) in Texas. It could be an extreme risk for Canelo as he is stepping down in weight for this contest. However, few fight fans give Smith any chance due to his inexperience compared to Canelo's achievements and experience. However, Smith is brave and has speed, power and is a strong body puncher he can take punches. It is a very tough fight for Smith though. What do the PP boxing fans think?

Brook will have trouble getting back down to 147, losing the muscle he's put on. He'll be drained.

If Amir has any brains, which we know he doesn't have much of, he'll want to make sure he is Kell Brooks next fight.

sorry shaz but you must have watched a different fight to the one I did. GGG thought he could hit and end brook early but brook can fight and he slipped in some good defence and made GGG miss a few. He got some punches in the second round but again GGG was looking to simply blast Brook out. By the third its was petty much all over. GGG got his jab going and that was it. If the towel hadnt come in brook would have ended up in hospital and his career would have been over because his socket went in the third round , possible the second. GGG simply went up a gear and ended it. Brook just wasnt good enough. We can all say it was brave and yes it was. I think any fighter who does this is brave and its normally a win win for the loser.

however I also think Brook has now put himself in a massive dilemma. He cant fight at 147. He has said so himself he just doesnt want to do it. So that leaves light middleweight and he should be ok there.

as for fighting Khan, well Khan needs to beat garcia inmho. He needs to avenge that fight, get a title then fight brook before retiring. Khan has at most two or three fights left, so he should go big , win a title and then end in a bang. The kid is doing so much charity work these days that I doubt his heart is in the fight game anymore. three more fights max I think.

sorry shaz but you must have watched a different fight to the one I did. GGG thought he could hit and end brook early but brook can fight and he slipped in some good defence and made GGG miss a few. He got some punches in the second round but again GGG was looking to simply blast Brook out. By the third its was petty much all over. GGG got his jab going and that was it. If the towel hadnt come in brook would have ended up in hospital and his career would have been over because his socket went in the third round , possible the second. GGG simply went up a gear and ended it. Brook just wasnt good enough. We can all say it was brave and yes it was. I think any fighter who does this is brave and its normally a win win for the loser.

however I also think Brook has now put himself in a massive dilemma. He cant fight at 147. He has said so himself he just doesnt want to do it. So that leaves light middleweight and he should be ok there.

as for fighting Khan, well Khan needs to beat garcia inmho. He needs to avenge that fight, get a title then fight brook before retiring. Khan has at most two or three fights left, so he should go big , win a title and then end in a bang. The kid is doing so much charity work these days that I doubt his heart is in the fight game anymore. three more fights max I think.

I don't think people understand the context of my posts. Let me explain.

Firstly I am not saying GGG is a bum, he's a terrific fighter! but no where near as good as he is made out to be. This whole "GGG was simply looking to blast Brook out" is a bit misleading, you see while that may have been the case GGG failed to adjust when Brook exposed his lack of head movement, footwork and inability to deal with an opponent with an actual boxing IQ. He struggled with Brook's speed, movement in terms of his foot work and upper body movement while making great use of counter punching and slipping/sliding.

We can agree that the majority did not expect Brook to have as much success as he did in the fight while I personally wasn't surprised at all, I knew inevitably it would be GGG's size which would win him the fight after Brook has his moments. It's not a matter of not being good enough, we have weight divisions for a reason in boxing.....stick GGG against a Kovalev and off course he would get destroyed, but that wouldn't necessarily make GGG a poor fighter.

GGG is a great fighter, his best attributes are his power and granite chin. Sure the big difference in weight was going to magnify his power and potentially end Brook's career had it not been for the fantastic stoppage, but am not quiet sure his performance improves his standing in my eyes. He had no issue facing Kell Brook from two divisions below but failed to answer Andre Ward's challenge, do you know why? it's simple, he'd get exposed and the hype would get permanently killed.

GGG has not been tested at all in his career, it's not his fault no one is facing him but that doesn't mean we call him this alleged great with a terrific boxing ability which is incredibly exaggerated, I see him no more then high calibre power puncher with a terrific chin but he'd struggle against someone on a level playing field for one who can actually box. Heck if Brook had his moments, a fighter from two divisions below whom went 5 rounds with him despite breaking his eye socket in round 2 is he really invincible? anyway more fighters have expressed a desire to face GGG which is great to see, his standing will improve in my eyes when he is tested by fighters of a higher quality on a level playing field.

Andre Ward has achieved soooo much more then GGG yet he doesn't have no where near as much hype, same can be said for Canelo.

Khan is semi-retired and more interested in being a philanthropist these days. Being inactive also affects your stamina during fights big time, many people mention how Khan slowed down due to Canelo's body shots but it was also due to his inactivity. Am not sure he is serious about boxing anymore, he could be a lot more interested in being a spectacle fighter where he uses his name value to get big pay days. He said he will fight three times next year but am not sure, his goal is to fight in the UK once and then take on Garcia around May. Did an interview recently talking about how Mayweather is training :facepalm: give it a rest bro lmao he won't fight you, mentioned the PacMan to and that fight could be more likely now that he's back. Also, Khan is slightly past his prime years; he has a lot of miles on his body to, guy made his debut when he was 17 or 18 I think!

With Brook most likely moving up to 154 the Khan fight could be in doubt as well.

Brook will have trouble getting back down to 147, losing the muscle he's put on. He'll be drained.

If Amir has any brains, which we know he doesn't have much of, he'll want to make sure he is Kell Brooks next fight.

At what weight would they fight?

Another interesting fight to come this Saturday is Saul Canelo Alvarez v Liam Smith. Saul Canelo Alvarez (47-1-1, 33 kos) fights the current WBO Junior middleweight champion Liam Beefy Smith (23-0-1, 13 kos) in Texas. It could be an extreme risk for Canelo as he is stepping down in weight for this contest. However, few fight fans give Smith any chance due to his inexperience compared to Canelo's achievements and experience. However, Smith is brave and has speed, power and is a strong body puncher he can take punches. It is a very tough fight for Smith though. What do the PP boxing fans think?

I don't think it's an extreme risk for Canelo, he has never been a 160 fighter and defended his MW title at 155lb more known as "Canelo weight" :)) 154 is his ideal division. I agree, Smith is a solid A/R fighter and the key for him will be to move well and not stay in the pocket for long but Liam naturally fights on the inside and Canelo will not mind that.

I wouldn't have stuck Liam in with Canelo so soon if I were his promoter at this stage, fair play to Liam for taking the fight but its a huge step up in the quality of guys who he has fought, I'd have tried to get a fight with one of the Charlo brothers who are world class. Smith doesn't have world class experience and he's going to take on a top 10 P4P fighter....

Welterweight, titles on the line.

I think it is highly unlikely at this stage because Brook is going to move to 154. But you're right, Khan could lay his cards on the table and say look I want Brook at 147 in January or February; take it or leave it. The Ring Magazine belt would be on the line to as both are ranked in the top 2. Yeah it would be Khan's best chance wouldn't it but issue is the guy is not active enough or in training, then again that's always the case with Amir he just doesn't fight as much now.

The other issue is that Khan is recovering from an operation on his right hand recently which has been injured for a long time, I never knew that before. It would also explain why he was unable to carry the power he had at 140 when he moved up to 147.

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/new...o-show-light-heavyweight-fight-from-las-vegas

SkySports nail the Kovalev v Ward fight [MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION]

Bit weird considering how BoxNation have been hyping the super-fight throughout the year. Anyway, for those who don't have sky sports you can watch the fight online in SQ for around 6-7 pounds where you have 24 hour access to SkySports on NOW TV. Streams are always an alternative.

Big fight coming up, Crolla v Linares for the Lightweight Ring title

Terrific fight, Linares had too much for Crolla in the end. Superior footwork, skill and hand speed did it for him. Crolla came on stronger in the 2nd half but Linares had already built up a decent lead and finished strong.

I see Tyson Fury has pulled out of the Klitschko bout due to his mental health problems. His team are saying his current frame of mind is a consequence of how he has been treated since winning the titles last year however it's clear that his issues go back a while and are obviously quite serious - this is from a 2011 interview.

"There is a name for what I have," he says, "where, one minute I'm happy, and the next minute I'm sad, like commit-suicide-sad. And for no reason – nothing's changed."

Sitting in his armchair, wearing a vest and shorts, Fury looks at me evenly. "One minute I'm over the moon and the next minute I feel like getting in my car and running it into a wall at a hundred miles an hour. I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm messed up."

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2011/nov/05/tyson-fury-interview

I see Tyson Fury has pulled out of the Klitschko bout due to his mental health problems. His team are saying his current frame of mind is a consequence of how he has been treated since winning the titles last year however it's clear that his issues go back a while and are obviously quite serious - this is from a 2011 interview.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2011/nov/05/tyson-fury-interview

I don't really know what to believe with that guy anymore :)) got the tickets for the July date and ended up sending my tickets back 6 weeks later after the fight had been rescheduled due to the charade that followed and I expected it to get delayed/cancelled have been proven right.

July date would have been perfect, genuine super-fight and the first time the lineal world heavyweight title being contested in the UK since 2001 when Lennox Lewis was champion.

Last edited:
I don't really know what to believe with that guy anymore :)) got the tickets for the July date and ended up sending my tickets back 6 weeks later after the fight had been rescheduled due to the charade that followed and I expected it to get delayed/cancelled have been proven right.

July date would have been perfect, genuine super-fight and the first time the lineal world heavyweight title being contested in the UK since 2001 when Lennox Lewis was champion.

He's ruined it especially after winning the belt with such high acclaim
Hearn is probably right when he says Tyson fury won't fight again
Hugh fury will take on the mantle

He's ruined it especially after winning the belt with such high acclaim
Hearn is probably right when he says Tyson fury won't fight again
Hugh fury will take on the mantle

The worst thing is, Hearn will pull some strings to get those alphabet titles on AJ by having him beat some "mandatory" bums. Hope that's not the case and the titles are contested amongst world class fighters, if they believe in AJ so much have him fight Wilder or Klit to earn a world championship.

For Tyson, his ultimate goal has always been to beat the lineal HW champ and Wlad for many years has been in the top 3 P4P rankings and was arguably the best out of the lot. Having accomplished his goal, not being too greedy for money and a family man he probably may not fight again. Has said he doesn't enjoy training anymore either and there are a couple of screws loose in his head irrespective of the mind games he likes to play.

The worst thing is, Hearn will pull some strings to get those alphabet titles on AJ by having him beat some "mandatory" bums. Hope that's not the case and the titles are contested amongst world class fighters, if they believe in AJ so much have him fight Wilder or Klit to earn a world championship.

For Tyson, his ultimate goal has always been to beat the lineal HW champ and Wlad for many years has been in the top 3 P4P rankings and was arguably the best out of the lot. Having accomplished his goal, not being too greedy for money and a family man he probably may not fight again. Has said he doesn't enjoy training anymore either and there are a couple of screws loose in his head irrespective of the mind games he likes to play.

That's it init
He got to the pinnacle and couldn't motivate himself enough to defend his belts

That's it init
He got to the pinnacle and couldn't motivate himself enough to defend his belts

Reminds me a bit of how Nas left but he had achieved a lot more before deciding to leave the sport and was an ATG featherweight

Reminds me a bit of how Nas left but he had achieved a lot more before deciding to leave the sport and was an ATG featherweight

Nas was outclassed by Barrera, if he wasn't going to be the best, he didn't want to be no pretender either

And there was that car crash too

Nas was outclassed by Barrera, if he wasn't going to be the best, he didn't want to be no pretender either

And there was that car crash too

Any other day at his absolute peak he'd have beaten him. At that point in his career he had no desire to box and wanted to be close to his family, he rarely trained. He got a big money offer from HBO on short notice, so he had to prepare for the fight in 8 weeks but majority of that time was spend trying to shed 40 pounds, was incredibly overweight to the point where 2 days before the fight he was shadow boxing in sauna's and running on treadmil in the morning trying to lose a couple of pounds.

It was incredibly dangerous, he was weight drained and am shocked that Barerra did not manage to KO him.

Anyhow he remains an ATG featherweight and one of the most influential fighters in history for the attention he generated in the lower weight divisions, was inducted into the most prestigious boxing hall of fame in 2015.

Great to see Cleverly become world champion again. Khan may be past his prime but there's so much at stake in a fight vs Brook, the lineal welter title and the chance to shut up critics. He'll always be among the best fighters Britain has ever produced but beating Brook would seal his legacy in the eyes of the casual fan base in Britain.

Lineal title on the line, 100,00+ at Wembley, chance to seal your legacy and huge pay day. I think the problem for Khan is that he couldn't live with himself if he lost to Kell so perhaps he wouldn't take it, I also team Kells willingness to face Khan when they've messed Amir around during negotiations before he took the Canelo fight.

There's talk of AJ v Klit happening later in the year, would be a big fight and one for AJ to truly prove his worth in the HW division. When you have a world title, you ought to be fighting the best but if you take that belt of him and I'd say perhaps he isn't ready yet. At the moment he's a paper champion who's a work in progress, we should understand that before believing the hype created by matchroom.

Great to see Cleverly become world champion again. Khan may be past his prime but there's so much at stake in a fight vs Brook, the lineal welter title and the chance to shut up critics. He'll always be among the best fighters Britain has ever produced but beating Brook would seal his legacy in the eyes of the casual fan base in Britain.

Lineal title on the line, 100,00+ at Wembley, chance to seal your legacy and huge pay day. I think the problem for Khan is that he couldn't live with himself if he lost to Kell so perhaps he wouldn't take it, I also team Kells willingness to face Khan when they've messed Amir around during negotiations before he took the Canelo fight.

There's talk of AJ v Klit happening later in the year, would be a big fight and one for AJ to truly prove his worth in the HW division. When you have a world title, you ought to be fighting the best but if you take that belt of him and I'd say perhaps he isn't ready yet. At the moment he's a paper champion who's a work in progress, we should understand that before believing the hype created by matchroom.

Amir Khan will want to fight Danny Garcia first
Kelli brook against Liam Smith will be an awesome fight

Tony Bellew defeats BJ Flores by KO then calls out David Haye, enjoy the smack he's talking :)) but realistically he'd get KO'd by Haye but I doubt Tony minds that because it's the biggest pay day out there for him. He'll have to move up to HW though.

Amir Khan will want to fight Danny Garcia first
Kelli brook against Liam Smith will be an awesome fight

Recovering from his hand injury at the moment, there will be a tune up early next year and then maybe Garcia, think he really wants to fight him; WBC took out all the fighters from their rankings who didn't sign up to their VADA clean boxing program by a specified deadline. Khan had missed it and his no.1 ranking in the WBC 147 division was taken away from him but he'd sign up to the program soon after, when the rankings update next month he'll regain his no.1 spot. Anyhow Khan is too old in boxing terms (debut at 17), inactive and past his peak.

That would be a decent fight Kell/Liam, hard to see Kell move back down to 147 unless he faces Khan.

Apparently, Joshua vs Klitschko is close to confirmation.

It's being held back because Wlad wants the WBA title on the line as well. Most likely Wlad will fight some tomato can to win the WBA title in Germany and AJ will probably defend his title against another Tomato can on the same date.

Also on that date, Joseph Parker will face a Tomato can for the WBO title.

By the end of the year AJ will be IBF champ, Parker will be WBO champ and Wlad will be WBA champion.

David Haye is in the top 3 WBO rankings so when Parker wins the title he will have to defend his belt against Haye within 120 days.

By next Summer:

WBC: Deontay Wilder

WBA: Wladmir Klitchko

WBO: David Haye

IBF: Anthony Joshua

However, Tyson Fury will remain the lineal and Ring Magazine World Heavyweight Champion unless he does not box for 18 months and he can also be stripped of the title if he doesn't face a top 5 contender within 2 years. Given his extenuating circumstances though, it wouldn't be a given to enforce these rules. Either way, the most prestigious title in boxing will remain on the shoulders of Tyson Fury.

Next year there will be a big possibility for a unification fight between AJ and Wladmir, not sure if Eddie Hearn would allow AJ to fight someone as dangerous as Haye though; it would surely do huge numbers and sell out wembley which could be the pivotal factor in ensuring the fight does happen because money tends to cancel out promoter over-protectiveness.

Unfortunate that Deontay Wilder couldn't defend his title against Povetkin who failed a drug test, that would have been his toughest fight to date. He remains the no.1 in the division for me as it stands and it's a damn shame we won't be seeing Fury v Wilder anytime soon, the other problem is given the nature of his punching power most promoters will not match their fighters with him.

Last edited:
It's being held back because Wlad wants the WBA title on the line as well. Most likely Wlad will fight some tomato can to win the WBA title in Germany and AJ will probably defend his title against another Tomato can on the same date.

Also on that date, Joseph Parker will face a Tomato can for the WBO title.

By the end of the year AJ will be IBF champ, Parker will be WBO champ and Wlad will be WBA champion.

David Haye is in the top 3 WBO rankings so when Parker wins the title he will have to defend his belt against Haye within 120 days.

By next Summer:

WBC: Deontay Wilder

WBA: Wladmir Klitchko

WBO: David Haye

IBF: Anthony Joshua

However, Tyson Fury will remain the lineal and Ring Magazine World Heavyweight Champion unless he does not box for 18 months and he can also be stripped of the title if he doesn't face a top 5 contender within 2 years. Given his extenuating circumstances though, it wouldn't be a given to enforce these rules. Either way, the most prestigious title in boxing will remain on the shoulders of Tyson Fury.

Next year there will be a big possibility for a unification fight between AJ and Wladmir, not sure if Eddie Hearn would allow AJ to fight someone as dangerous as Haye though; it would surely do huge numbers and sell out wembley which could be the pivotal factor in ensuring the fight does happen because money tends to cancel out promoter over-protectiveness.

Unfortunate that Deontay Wilder couldn't defend his title against Povetkin who failed a drug test, that would have been his toughest fight to date. He remains the no.1 in the division for me as it stands and it's a damn shame we won't be seeing Fury v Wilder anytime soon, the other problem is given the nature of his punching power most promoters will not match their fighters with him.

Wlad says he wants to fight AJ next year, in March or April.

Some decent fights this month, the two I look forward to most are Manny Pacquiao vs Jessie Vargas and Sergie Kovalev vs Andre Ward.

Manny/Vargas is on this weekend, not sure if Manny has prepared well enough, typically has been distracted by the politics and is motivated by the money which is also a factor for his return; having said that, Vargas should be no problem.

Crawford is almost like a mirror image of Manny during the early to mid 2000's and is set to dominate boxing for years to come, highly unlikely that Arum have him face Manny; I think it would do decent numbers on PPV or even a fight with Khan, not sure why Arum is protecting a fighter who doesn't need any protecting, Manny's legacy is not in doubt it has been cemented. There's a chance Arum could be holding Manny out for Floyd's 50th fight but we don't know for sure.

Was just reading up some old articles on Eric Morales thoroughly enjoyed his wars growing up, interested to see how do you guys rate him [MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] [MENTION=133972]shaykh[/MENTION] for me he's arguably the greatest mexican fighter of all time

Was just reading up some old articles on Eric Morales thoroughly enjoyed his wars growing up, interested to see how do you guys rate him [MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] [MENTION=133972]shaykh[/MENTION] for me he's arguably the greatest mexican fighter of all time
[MENTION=131867]London_Lahori[/MENTION]

Joshua vs Molina in December, should be an interesting battle. :moali

It won't be, no one is interested in that fight but it was the plan all along; Hearn overly protects his talent from real challenges and I would have been shocked if he stuck him in with Wladmir so soon. The whole WBA shtick was just a smoke screen. Anyhow Molina will probably be AJ's best opponent when you look at his resume but that's not saying much...

It won't be, no one is interested in that fight but it was the plan all along; Hearn overly protects his talent from real challenges and I would have been shocked if he stuck him in with Wladmir so soon. The whole WBA shtick was just a smoke screen. Anyhow Molina will probably be AJ's best opponent when you look at his resume but that's not saying much...

Hopefully Wlad will keep his word and agree to fight AJ in March or April next year, in shaa Allah.

Hopefully Wlad will keep his word and agree to fight AJ in March or April next year, in shaa Allah.

Hopefully AJ will step in the ring with him, I doubt there is any problem from Wlad's end; he'd more then oblige KOing a paper champion with a padded record. But at the same time, Wlad hasn't been as ring active as he'd like and at his age that's not ideal; plus it remains to be seen if his effectiveness remains.

AJ's best bet is hoping Wlad has aged and that's not far off and I hope Hearn makes the fight based on that assumption. Otherwise it is highly unlikely you'll ever see AJ against a Deontay Wilder for example, Hearn/AJ would duck that fight. Haye might be more appealing to them because he has been inactive for a very long time and his best weight class has been below HW; despite that he KO'd Chisora (highly rated on the domestic scene) and world level contender who hadn't declined in that time and went 12 rounds with Vitali (Dr.Iron Fist).

Hopefully AJ will step in the ring with him, I doubt there is any problem from Wlad's end; he'd more then oblige KOing a paper champion with a padded record. But at the same time, Wlad hasn't been as ring active as he'd like and at his age that's not ideal; plus it remains to be seen if his effectiveness remains.

AJ's best bet is hoping Wlad has aged and that's not far off and I hope Hearn makes the fight based on that assumption. Otherwise it is highly unlikely you'll ever see AJ against a Deontay Wilder for example, Hearn/AJ would duck that fight. Haye might be more appealing to them because he has been inactive for a very long time and his best weight class has been below HW; despite that he KO'd Chisora (highly rated on the domestic scene) and world level contender who hadn't declined in that time and went 12 rounds with Vitali (Dr.Iron Fist).

Agree regarding Wlad's age. That's why I reckon it would be a competitive battle.

Agree regarding Wlad's age. That's why I reckon it would be a competitive battle.

AJ/Wlad confirmed for next spring, WBA have sanctioned the fight and their world title will be on the line. Shannon Brings will also get a shot at the regular portion of the WBA title against Lucas Browne

Another bum for Joshua to fight in molina, typical Hearn selection and to put the fight on PPV is a joke.

Looking forward to Parker v Ruiz though that should be a good fight with parker having the slight edge.

Always rated Morales very highly and his 3 fights with barrera will go down as one of the best trilogys boxing has ever seen and is right up their with Gatti/ward.

Predictions for Ward v kovalev? Cant wait for this fight in a few weeks time.

Always rated Morales very highly and his 3 fights with barrera will go down as one of the best trilogys boxing has ever seen and is right up their with Gatti/ward.

And for that reason I highly rate Manny Pacman's round 3 TKO of Morales as his best win although many of you may disagree, it's something no one could do to Morales in his prime; and he still had quiet a bit left for that 3rd fight before his downward spiral began although his performance vs Maidana was remarkable in the loss.

Terrific performance by the Pac-Man, barely lost a single round against Vargas; dropped and busted him up enroute to winning the WBO welterweight title. The speed was there, angles and decent power as well; no doubt he has lost a step and is not the fighter he was between 2006-2010 but he is still a level above the other welterweights in the division and that says a great deal about the mans greatness.

Watching Ortiz v Malik Scott, Scott no match for Ortiz bit of a boring fight, coming into the 10th round now. Ortiz could have wrapped it up, has dropped Scott a couple of times already. Scott seems to have came with the gameplan of dragging the fight to the late rounds but it will be an easy win for Ortiz.

Next week the big one Ward v Kovalev - can't wait! Ward to win

Watching Ortiz v Malik Scott, Scott no match for Ortiz bit of a boring fight, coming into the 10th round now. Ortiz could have wrapped it up, has dropped Scott a couple of times already. Scott seems to have came with the gameplan of dragging the fight to the late rounds but it will be an easy win for Ortiz.

Next week the big one Ward v Kovalev - can't wait! Ward to win

Ortiz has a padded record, he couldn't take out a guy who was KO'd by the feather fisted Del Boy in 6 and in 1 round by the best HW active in Deontay. Ortiz is old, incredibly slow and has awful footwork. He blamed the poor show due to Malik "running" no mate, you were just too slow to catch him and lack skill.

Ortiz being signed by matchroom was purely to get AJ another big payday for an easy nights work.

Yeah, big weekend can't wait; genuine superfight to determine the undisputed P4P best. It's 50-50 only because Ward has been inactive for a long time and upon his return hasn't really been tested given the calibre of his tune up fights otherwise he'd be the favourite, despite that am still backing him but we musn't disregard Kovalev who isn't your typical puncher.

Last edited:
Ortiz has a padded record, he couldn't take out a guy who was KO'd by the feather fisted Del Boy in 6 and in 1 round by the best HW active in Deontay. Ortiz is old, incredibly slow and has awful footwork. He blamed the poor show due to Malik "running" no mate, you were just too slow to catch him and lack skill.

Ortiz being signed by matchroom was purely to get AJ another big payday for an easy nights work.

Yeah, big weekend can't wait; genuine superfight to determine the undisputed P4P best. It's 50-50 only because Ward has been inactive for a long time and upon his return hasn't really been tested given the calibre of his tune up fights otherwise he'd be the favourite, despite that am still backing him but we musn't disregard Kovalev who isn't your typical puncher.

Yeah Ortiz could have wrapped this fight earlier but as you said too slow and he didn't sustain the pressure on Scott, defo age problem he's like 38, looking to cash out most likely as that's his best option. Don't see him winning a title with the HW's around. Wilder, Joshua, Haye, Whyte, Parker would all beat him. I think Ortiz v Briggs would be a good fight to be made? At least you know Briggs Would go for it, also Ortiz would be a decent test for hughie fury imo. Expecting some big things from him as he's recovered from his illnesses so should be giving his 100% unlike previously.

Sounds about right, Hearn knows how to do business, milking his darling AJ for all he's worth and conning the masses on the way. I blame the public though for allowing to be conned so easily by some fake ppvs

Will be a tough fight but see Ward winning comfortably in the end. Anything can happen, though I don't see Ward getting KO'd which is the only way I see kovalev winning if any

Back