Boxing Thread

Wilder, Joshua, Klitchsko, Haye, Parker, Ortiz, Whyte, Hughie and Tyson whenever he is back. Imagine a HW tournament involving them would be something else. Without Fury though the undisputed HW title will come down to AJ and wilder cannot wait for that fight to be made. AJ should beat Klitchsko next year even though I see him stumbling a little.

Also Whyte v delboy soon, should be good entertainment lol, build up has been funny with the face off on sky, little scuffle defo set up

Yeah Ortiz could have wrapped this fight earlier but as you said too slow and he didn't sustain the pressure on Scott, defo age problem he's like 38, looking to cash out most likely as that's his best option. Don't see him winning a title with the HW's around. Wilder, Joshua, Haye, Whyte, Parker would all beat him. I think Ortiz v Briggs would be a good fight to be made? At least you know Briggs Would go for it, also Ortiz would be a decent test for hughie fury imo. Expecting some big things from him as he's recovered from his illnesses so should be giving his 100% unlike previously.

Sounds about right, Hearn knows how to do business, milking his darling AJ for all he's worth and conning the masses on the way. I blame the public though for allowing to be conned so easily by some fake ppvs

Will be a tough fight but see Ward winning comfortably in the end. Anything can happen, though I don't see Ward getting KO'd which is the only way I see kovalev winning if any

I disagree that he could have mate, he's just not good enough; Fury called out on his fallacy hours before the fight, you stick him in the ring with someone who can move a bit and he'd struggle given his awful footwork, lack of speed and skill. I'd put him on the level of guys like Charles Martin, I do think it would be a nice match up for Briggs because he'd get that pay day as well; I'd in fact back Briggs to outclass him. But it's a good signing from a match room perspective, you see I don't personally see Ortiz as a guy who's going to give someone like a Hughie or Whyte that "learning fight" to get to the next stage but I see him as a typical match-room fighter who'd be used to hype a PPV's undercard; it's all about money more then anything and this King Kong from America will be a minor draw in that regard amongst the casual paying customers.

Am not a fan of a promoter like Eddie and how he cons the public but you have to admit that he has also done wonders in terms of generating interest in the sport of boxing here in the UK, the scene is buzzing; the issue is that if someone like AJ goes down the Audley Harrison route then it would back fire big time.

Wilder, Joshua, Klitchsko, Haye, Parker, Ortiz, Whyte, Hughie and Tyson whenever he is back. Imagine a HW tournament involving them would be something else. Without Fury though the undisputed HW title will come down to AJ and wilder cannot wait for that fight to be made. AJ should beat Klitchsko next year even though I see him stumbling a little.

Also Whyte v delboy soon, should be good entertainment lol, build up has been funny with the face off on sky, little scuffle defo set up

I think Molina will be a great test for AJ and give us a better picture of where he is at in terms of his level and progress, the Wladmir fight may just be coming at the right time for AJ next spring; Wladmir has been inactive for a while now thanks to all the delays and that's not ideal when you're 40 years old. Yeah the build to Whyte and delboy has been pretty decent hasn't it lol I think it's a great fight for Whyte especially when it comes to elevating his progress.

The HW division is booming! My ultimate dream match has been Deontay Wilder v Fury:

:)) The hype would be AMAZING! Wilder has repeatedly emphasised that Fury is THE man in the HW division irrespective of who has taken his belts and looks forward to facing him in the future once he recovers hopefully.

These fights will happen for sure in 2017:

AJ v Klit WBA/IBF titles

Haye v Parker WBO title

I'd like to see either of these fights in 2017 (not sure if Fury will fight then so I will leave him out):

Haye v Deontay Wilder
Haye v Joshua
Wlad v Deontay Wilder
Povetkin v Wilder
Whyte v AJ 2
Haye v Wlad 2

I disagree that he could have mate, he's just not good enough; Fury called out on his fallacy hours before the fight, you stick him in the ring with someone who can move a bit and he'd struggle given his awful footwork, lack of speed and skill. I'd put him on the level of guys like Charles Martin, I do think it would be a nice match up for Briggs because he'd get that pay day as well; I'd in fact back Briggs to outclass him. But it's a good signing from a match room perspective, you see I don't personally see Ortiz as a guy who's going to give someone like a Hughie or Whyte that "learning fight" to get to the next stage but I see him as a typical match-room fighter who'd be used to hype a PPV's undercard; it's all about money more then anything and this King Kong from America will be a minor draw in that regard amongst the casual paying customers.

Am not a fan of a promoter like Eddie and how he cons the public but you have to admit that he has also done wonders in terms of generating interest in the sport of boxing here in the UK, the scene is buzzing; the issue is that if someone like AJ goes down the Audley Harrison route then it would back fire big time.

True that Ortiz will be used by matchroom as some hype for fightcards but would be decent test for hughie who has been in deep waters learning the trade, being in with awkward fighters slowly learning his trade. Time to throw him in with someone who can punch see how he fairs. A fight with AJ or Wilder better for future but he should take Ortiz or a fighter with similar power before.

Yeah he has brought some energy and buzz to the uk scene though no denying that, but the constant fake ppv is a little off putting example Molina AJ. Delboy Whyte should be the main card :))

Haven't seen much of Molina but from what I had heard he is decent will see come fight night but can't see it going past 6/7. Not doubting the opponent could well be a good test for AJ Defo not PPV worth though. Wilder v Fury always been the ultimate match up I just didn't mention as fury is out the game. Fury my favourite fighter. He Beat the MAN, no one can take that from him he is the true HW lineal champ. That clip was funny I remember watching that live seemed like a part of WWE haha.

Them lineup of fights look mouth watering. Hopefully Wlad sticks around for couple more fights even if he loses to AJ. Some tasty matches to be made. Defo see whyte AJ rematch in future as well would sell out no probs. Haye although a fight with any of the top dogs would be big, still not convinced of his hunger and determination he's just purely back for the money, saw the HW division open back up after Tyson dethroning klit and jumped on it. Don't blame him though it's his profession but after the 'toe' episodes he needs to earn that credibility back, a couple beat downs v some washed up journeymen on Dave doesn't do him any favours

True that Ortiz will be used by matchroom as some hype for fightcards but would be decent test for hughie who has been in deep waters learning the trade, being in with awkward fighters slowly learning his trade. Time to throw him in with someone who can punch see how he fairs. A fight with AJ or Wilder better for future but he should take Ortiz or a fighter with similar power before.

Yeah he has brought some energy and buzz to the uk scene though no denying that, but the constant fake ppv is a little off putting example Molina AJ. Delboy Whyte should be the main card :))

Haven't seen much of Molina but from what I had heard he is decent will see come fight night but can't see it going past 6/7. Not doubting the opponent could well be a good test for AJ Defo not PPV worth though. Wilder v Fury always been the ultimate match up I just didn't mention as fury is out the game. Fury my favourite fighter. He Beat the MAN, no one can take that from him he is the true HW lineal champ. That clip was funny I remember watching that live seemed like a part of WWE haha.

Them lineup of fights look mouth watering. Hopefully Wlad sticks around for couple more fights even if he loses to AJ. Some tasty matches to be made. Defo see whyte AJ rematch in future as well would sell out no probs. Haye although a fight with any of the top dogs would be big, still not convinced of his hunger and determination he's just purely back for the money, saw the HW division open back up after Tyson dethroning klit and jumped on it. Don't blame him though it's his profession but after the 'toe' episodes he needs to earn that credibility back, a couple beat downs v some washed up journeymen on Dave doesn't do him any favours

Hughie is better now and that's great to see but I personally wouldn't stick him with any of the top HW's just yet, there is no rush when it comes to his progress and he can follow the same path as his cousin. He should have a tune up and then face a Del Boy or Ortiz; use them as stepping stones to progress to the next stage of his career. Yeah those fights do not deserve to be on sky box office PPV on any level :)) fghts like Lewis v Tyson, Tyson v Holyfield and Mayweather v Hatton have been on sky box office and they were worthy of being on PPV; not saying we need fights on that level because those names were elite fighters which are rare these days but it's an insult when glorified domestic bouts are sold as world class contests. Molina v AJ belongs on a skysports card not PPV but they've built up AJ quiet well as this cash cow and huge draw amongst the casuals for superficial reasons.

Molina is an okay fighter (not top 10), but he'll give it a real go (as he did vs Wilder) and won't be afraid to let his hands go; he's also not someone who's a punching back or static like AJ's previous opponents so it will be a decent experience fight for him. Fury and Wilder are my favourite out the lot, I like Haye to and hopefully he can get back to his best. Even though the alphabet titles have been taken away from Fury he still holds the lineal and ring magazine HW titles; they don't strip their champions so swiftly or unfairly.

Haye is booked to face Parker for the WBO world title belt so that just goes to show how serious he is, it has also been a goal of his to unify the division and that could be his primary motivation (he got the money anyway). My doubts are mostly surrounding his inactivity, fragile body and age; am just not sure if he can fight at the level he once did. The toe episode wasn't great but we both can agree that Haye wasn't himself that night as good as Wlad is I don't feel like Haye was at his best

Kovalev v ward on saturday should be a war of attrition, Can seeing it being a very boring and ugly fight as wards style never makes for exciting viewing. Still not sure who is going to win this fight,

Lomachenko against walters the weekend after should be a cracking affair though.

Check this out guys, Ward v Kovalev; awesome documentary:

[MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] [MENTION=131867]London_Lahori[/MENTION] [MENTION=94399]Speedster1[/MENTION] [MENTION=134551]Muhammad10[/MENTION] [MENTION=1080]miandadrules[/MENTION] [MENTION=133972]shaykh[/MENTION] @Cpt.Rishwat [MENTION=137238]Anchorman[/MENTION] [MENTION=5942]AlphaFighter[/MENTION]

Biggest fight of the year between the two best pound for pound fighters on the planet, given the styles I can't promise fireworks but it's still worth watching.

Ward is a counter punching genius, his style is similar to Floyd from a defensive perspective although he's a bit more aggressive. Has been inactive for a long time due to promotional issues but returned to win his tune up fights at Light Heavy Weight, not sure if his choice of opponents would have prepared him best for Kovalev if am honest.

At Super Middle Wight in the past he beat everyone in the division in their prime and reigned as the lineal champion for a long time. Kovalev on the other hand has been a monster at LHW and understandably avoided, he had long searched for a bout with Adonis Stevenson (who had won the lineal championship, vacated now and on the line for Ward/Kovalev due to Stevenson not fighting a top contender for 2 years) but despite the fight not getting done he found success against fighters such as the highly rated Bernard Hopkins and Pascal; Kovalev isn't your typical puncher, he's great on his feet and breaks your spirit with his attacks to the body before setting you up for those monster rights.

Kovalev in his most recent fight fought a guy called Chilemba in Russia (returning to the same arena where he killed a boxer in the ring for the first time since 2011), Chilemba also has a similar style to Ward and Kovalev didn't look great; it's also possible the death of the man he killed was on his mind. Either way, it wasn;t his best performance but he got the job done and it would have put him in great stead in terms of his preparation for Ward.

It's a 50/50 fight because we don't know entirely if Ward will be as effective as he once was given his inactivity and move up to LHW (fighting someone world class for the first time at this weight) but at the same time you can never doubt his skill, a fish never forgets how to swim:asif while Kovalev on the other hand is such a ferocious puncher who's great on his feet, strong jab and accurate in setting up those power punches as B-Hop found out; however he has not fought anyone quiet like Ward.

I always tend to back the boxer over the puncher so am going with Ward but this could be the first prediction I get wrong in this thread :ashwin:hafeez2

Ward on points !

Last edited:
Check this out guys, Ward v Kovalev; awesome documentary:

[MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] [MENTION=131867]London_Lahori[/MENTION] [MENTION=94399]Speedster1[/MENTION] [MENTION=134551]Muhammad10[/MENTION] [MENTION=1080]miandadrules[/MENTION] [MENTION=133972]shaykh[/MENTION] @Cpt.Rishwat [MENTION=137238]Anchorman[/MENTION] [MENTION=5942]AlphaFighter[/MENTION]

Biggest fight of the year between the two best pound for pound fighters on the planet, given the styles I can't promise fireworks but it's still worth watching.

Ward is a counter punching genius, his style is similar to Floyd from a defensive perspective although he's a bit more aggressive. Has been inactive for a long time due to promotional issues but returned to win his tune up fights at Light Heavy Weight, not sure if his choice of opponents would have prepared him best for Kovalev if am honest.

At Super Middle Wight in the past he beat everyone in the division in their prime and reigned as the lineal champion for a long time. Kovalev on the other hand has been a monster at LHW and understandably avoided, he had long searched for a bout with Adonis Stevenson (who had won the lineal championship, vacated now and on the line for Ward/Kovalev due to Stevenson not fighting a top contender for 2 years) but despite the fight not getting done he found success against fighters such as the highly rated Bernard Hopkins and Pascal; Kovalev isn't your typical puncher, he's great on his feet and breaks your spirit with his attacks to the body before setting you up for those monster rights.

Kovalev in his most recent fight fought a guy called Chilemba in Russia (returning to the same arena where he killed a boxer in the ring for the first time since 2011), Chilemba also has a similar style to Ward and Kovalev didn't look great; it's also possible the death of the man he killed was on his mind. Either way, it wasn;t his best performance but he got the job done and it would have put him in great stead in terms of his preparation for Ward.

It's a 50/50 fight because we don't know entirely if Ward will be as effective as he once was given his inactivity and move up to LHW (fighting someone world class for the first time at this weight) but at the same time you can never doubt his skill, a fish never forgets how to swim:asif while Kovalev on the other hand is such a ferocious puncher who's great on his feet, strong jab and accurate in setting up those power punches as B-Hop found out; however he has not fought anyone quiet like Ward.

I always tend to back the boxer over the puncher so am going with Ward but this could be the first prediction I get wrong in this thread :ashwin:hafeez2

Ward on points !

Hopefully not a flop fight like Floyd v Pac. Agree that it's 50/50; too close to call, although I have a feeling Kovalev may take this one.

Hopefully not a flop fight like Floyd v Pac. Agree that it's 50/50; too close to call, although I have a feeling Kovalev may take this one.

The enthusiasts will enjoy it either way, I wouldn;t bet against that mate but am backing Ward!

So excited for this match up, easily the best fight of the year. Ward is a genius in the ring but Kovalev has no fear at all and will be out to win!

There will be a time where Ward gets tagged, this will tell us how the fight will go. Points win for Ward seems a good bet but I'd rather not be a betting man for this one.

Fantastic fight put borefest of the century to shame, there can be no doubt now that Andre Ward should be crowned the most prestigious title in boxing; a title which he has arguably deserved for years, the undisputed lineal P4P no.1 on the planet :bow:

Incredible comeback by Ward in the fight, he was literally down and out; caught off guard completely and was bullied for the first 3 rounds (knocked down in round 2) but then kept calm, found his rhythm and absolutely dominated Kovalev, sensational. Heck it got to a point where Kovalev would initiate the clinch and try to wrestle Ward when he was getting frustrated, Ward tends to fight dirty in that regard but he didn't need to as much. Kept out of range with his swift footwork and upper body movement (worth mentioning that each time he'd move in or out they'd be an attack to the body, these would slow Kovalev down over the course of the fight) then would get on the inside, slipping and sliding with counter left hooks and rights.

To Kovalevs credit he stuck to his fundamentals and found success with some stiff power shots, looking back perhaps he should have gone to the body a bit more but it's not easy against a guy like Ward.

Very entertaining bout between two of the worlds best, credit to both for putting on a show; Andre refused to take his foot off the gas and that was also pivotal in him winning the fight because it could have taken a couple of big rounds from Kovalev to turn things around but man after that fantastic start he just fell victim like those before him to the magic of Andre Ward.

Great comeback from Ward. Excellent fight by the sound of it.

Now the question is what next for Ward? the man has done it all and the names available to him are very thin.

Ward beat everyone there was to beat at SMW and now he has beaten the best fighter in the LHW division.

The options he has left are:

Rematch with Sergie Kovalev, unlikely that Stevenson will ever fight someone in the top 10 again.

What he can hope for:

GGG grows a pair and moves up a weight division so that a fight with Ward can be made but the issue is that Ward would have to move back down and that can be an issue once you move up at times, maybe meet somewhere in the middle at a catch weight. (GGG previusly passed on fighting Ward at SMW)

James Degale moves up after beating Badou Jack

Not much else out there for him

What a fight for boxing fans, better than anticipated. Ward shook off the early knockdown nicely just as I expected him to do at the time. I was watching with couple mates they were casuals though and all were cheering on Kovalev as he had the power. I still held on to my guns Ward 12 rounds win and let's just say they weren't happy come end of fight lol. Resorted to Calling it a boring Fight haha.

Thought it would be a classy but a held back display from ward but he took a few risks and I had him 3/4 rounds ahead in the end. Dominated the 2nd half of the fight. He regrouped very well after the knockdown. Kovalev slowed down and landed few significant blows in the second half of the fight. Ward was a bit too smart. Defo the p4p #1 if it was in doubt before, not anymore though terrific performance coming back from that shows his class

A lot of pundits had kovalev winning as well, think I need to rewatch the fight as well it was late and was struggling to keep my eyes open lol. However, if Paulie had same verdict as me, him being probably the best pundit out there and says it as it is then it's all good.

Pathetic scoring by the judges will spoiled what was an excellent fight.. for all 3 judges to score the fight the same is very dodgy indeed. I had kovalev winning the fight by a point and that essentially meant the 2nd round knock down won him the fight.. also the referee should have done something in relation to Wards excessive clinching and holding at times. There needs to be a rematch straight away so that this rivalry can be settled once and for all.

Pathetic scoring by the judges will spoiled what was an excellent fight.. for all 3 judges to score the fight the same is very dodgy indeed. I had kovalev winning the fight by a point and that essentially meant the 2nd round knock down won him the fight.. also the referee should have done something in relation to Wards excessive clinching and holding at times. There needs to be a rematch straight away so that this rivalry can be settled once and for all.

Your tears are sweet! Give me a break! The scorecards were an accurate reflection of how the fight went down, beyond me how you can cry foul; was it a landslide UD win? No! They had him winning by a point. Am not sure if you watched the same fight as me, it was Kovalev who repeatedly wrestled Ward the moment he tried to get on the inside and it just drained him physically as the fight went on and Ward had found his rhythm to the point where Kovalev was unable to land anything given Andre's swift footwork, slippin, slidin and rollin with counters. Ward won fair and square at the very least you can maybe score it a draw (having watched some early rounds that could have gone either way) but for me the cleaner and effective work from Ward won. All kovalev did was come forward, aggression is good if you do something with it.

A rematch would be incredibly one sided now that Ward has a feel for his opponent, it would be a bigger UD win

Last edited:
Great fight. Though Kovalev was robbed.

Both are truly great fighters. Nothing like Money Mayweather.

Last edited by a moderator:
[MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] [MENTION=131867]London_Lahori[/MENTION] [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] [MENTION=94399]Speedster1[/MENTION]

Carl Frampton v Leo Santa Cruz rematch is set for January the 28th at the MGM Grand arena, predictions!

Rematch clause was in the contract for Ward/Kovaelv, there's a stipulation though that the fight can only occur at a neutral city and not somewhere in Russia or California; I expect the fight to be held in New York. I hope the rematch materialises because I expect a landslide victory for Andre Ward this time round after doing just enough to take the first fight he won't take as much time adjusting to his opponents style. Another factor which people forget is that Andre had been inactive from the ring for a while, it was the first time sine 2012 that he was facing a world level / elite opponent; yes his movements etc will need to be a lot smarter given that reflex's deteriorate as you get older and additionally there ought to have been ring rust when you've not fought at the highest level but now that he has made it through this fight even if it may have come across as scrappy to some, the next time he is faced with the Kovalev Challenge he'll be better prepared, in better condition and a lot more equipped in terms of strategic adjustments.

[MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] [MENTION=131867]London_Lahori[/MENTION] [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] [MENTION=94399]Speedster1[/MENTION]

Carl Frampton v Leo Santa Cruz rematch is set for January the 28th at the MGM Grand arena, predictions!

I don't think anyone can really predict the outcome of this re-match, Santa Cruz probably did take Frampton a bit lightly, he wasn't expecting such counter attacks from the Irishman. Respect to Frampton to quickly accept the re-match . A win here for Frampton wouldn't be surprising but would be remarkable having beaten a multiple weight world champion twice. If I have to predict it would be a split decision going in favour of Santa Cruz which will set up a final 3rd bout.

I don't think anyone can really predict the outcome of this re-match, Santa Cruz probably did take Frampton a bit lightly, he wasn't expecting such counter attacks from the Irishman. Respect to Frampton to quickly accept the re-match . A win here for Frampton wouldn't be surprising but would be remarkable having beaten a multiple weight world champion twice. If I have to predict it would be a split decision going in favour of Santa Cruz which will set up a final 3rd bout.

I didn't watch the fight shameful I know! saw the highlights but you can't get a grasp of how the bout went so wanted to ask you guys how the rematch would go based on that fight, both are incredibly skillful no doubt and deserve to be in the P4P Top 10, will watch the fight again before I make a prediction for the rematch

And mate, HISTORY WILL BE MADE ON DECEMBER 10TH BIRMINGHAM will revel in its CROWNING GLORY of OUR FIRST BOXING WORLD CHAMPION :afridi Can't believe we've not had much success in the pro , we have an Olympic Champion in Boxing from smethwick are real old timer and gavin became amateur world champ and the first Brit to get there I believe

Last edited:

Frampton again i think. Whilst i think Santa Cruz will make adjustments in the 2nd fight and try to attack more and be the aggressor much earlier on in the fight i just think that Frampton will still have a little bit to much for him again, Should be a cracking fight just like the 1st one.

Frampton again i think. Whilst i think Santa Cruz will make adjustments in the 2nd fight and try to attack more and be the aggressor much earlier on in the fight i just think that Frampton will still have a little bit to much for him again, Should be a cracking fight just like the 1st one.

Lomachenko v Walters on the weekend, Walters was struggling to make FW but moved up to Junior Lightweight, looked decent in his fight vs Jason Sosa; beyond me how the judges scored it a draw. Expect Lomachenko to win on points but it will be a cracking fight. Katie Taylor will also be making her debut on a matchroom card, at the amateur level she was a 5 time World Champion, Olympic Champion and European Champion; I think she should have turned pro in 2012 but then again there is a lot more buzz around females in combat sport and sports entertainment now then there has ever been in the past.

Surprised bellew has gone up from lhw

He has been a lot more compatible at CW, it's about right for him and he's a lot stronger/powerful. He's moving up to HW because Haye certainly wont be going back down anytime soon, he has campaigned at HW for a while now an the older you get the harder it is to go back down and your attributes don't necessarily enhance either. Haye is obviously the draw so gets most of the leeway when it comes to demands, Bellew probably isn't bothered about whether the fights at CW or HW because he's going to get the biggest pay day of his career.

He has been a lot more compatible at CW, it's about right for him and he's a lot stronger/powerful. He's moving up to HW because Haye certainly wont be going back down anytime soon, he has campaigned at HW for a while now an the older you get the harder it is to go back down and your attributes don't necessarily enhance either. Haye is obviously the draw so gets most of the leeway when it comes to demands, Bellew probably isn't bothered about whether the fights at CW or HW because he's going to get the biggest pay day of his career.

Haye will pile on the pounds
Unfair advantage but like you said bellew hasn't got anyone left to fight at cw

Haye will pile on the pounds
Unfair advantage but like you said bellew hasn't got anyone left to fight at cw

Haye will probably be lighter then his last two fights, he'd want that speed and explosiveness against a CW. The power is more then enough. Yeah, not many names out there who'd get him a big pay day. It's a spectacle fight which is intriguing even if the outcome is predictable, not sure if it's worthy of being on PPV though

Haye will probably be lighter then his last two fights, he'd want that speed and explosiveness against a CW. The power is more then enough. Yeah, not many names out there who'd get him a big pay day. It's a spectacle fight which is intriguing even if the outcome is predictable, not sure if it's worthy of being on PPV though

The furore after bellews last outing is enough to put it on Ppv alone

I can't this fight happening at goodison however

The furore after bellews last outing is enough to put it on Ppv alone

I can't this fight happening at goodison however

That was a great segment :)) Bellew would do nicely in the WWE, the fight has been booked for the 02 arena in London. Am tempted to go

Fantastic performances from Katie Taylor and Lomachenko. Walters was the best available opponent for Lomachenko and he broke his spirit to the point where he asked the ref to stop the fight, he wasn't being brutally smashed but outboxed and taking shots he couldn't see coming thanks to the side stepping, pivot and slipping from Lomachenko who'd need to move up to 140lb in order to find a real challenge v Terence Crawford, but I'd like to see him clean house at 130 and 135 first, rematch v Salido needs to happen then beat Vargas and move up to 135 to face Linares eventually.

But I hope to see Crawford v Lomachenko at some point, that would be an absolute cracker.

Hopefully Katie Taylor can boost female combat sport in the UK, not a fan of Hearn but he deserves credit for creating a bit of buzz for boxing in the UK and now has taken the initiative to give arguably the most talented female boxing prospect a chance to thrive and elevate women's boxing, best time to bring such a prospect in as attitudes have begun to change towards female athletes with UFC's Ronda Rousey being a huge draw who has helped taken her discipline to the mainstream and bring attention to the women in combat sport.

Very solid fighter, Katie is incredibly skillful puts her punches together nicely; can see the amateur pedigree there from the footwork and I didn't see her throw a false shot, was accurate and on point throughout; the polish girl had a fantastic chin/fighting-spirit, refused to quit but the ref had to stop the fight when she wasn't throwing anything back. Good A/R fighter, decent power, speed, heavy hands and moves well; may want to use her jab a little more in the future but put that down to it being her first pro fight, nerves there and desire to put on a show for all the fans who came to see her

[MENTION=136108]Donal Cozzie[/MENTION] Ireland's Katie Taylor who won Olympic Gold in 2012 and was screwed by the judges in 2016 Olympics has turned pro, check out her debut fight; looks one hell of a prospect and could finally be that woman to elevate female boxing in the UK, the scene is buzzing and the attitude towards such sportsman has changed thanks to UFC's Ronda Rousey.

[MENTION=94399]Speedster1[/MENTION] you have to give credit to Hearn, the Dec 10 card is worthy of being on PPV; the undercard is absolutely fantastic and the main-event is solid:

Anthony Joshua v Eric Molina : IBF Heavyweight Title
Dillian Whyte v Dereck Chisora : British Heavyweight Title & WBC Eliminator
Luis Concepcion v Kal Yafai : WBA Super-Flyweight Title
Callum Smith v Luke Blackledge : British Super-Middleweight Titles
Luis Ortiz v David Allen : 8 Rounds Heavyweight
Hosea Burton v Frank Buglioni : British Light-Heavyweight Title
Scott Quigg v Jose Cayetano : 12 Rounds Featherweight
Katie Taylor v Vivane : 6 Rounds Featherweight

I didn't watch the fight shameful I know! saw the highlights but you can't get a grasp of how the bout went so wanted to ask you guys how the rematch would go based on that fight, both are incredibly skillful no doubt and deserve to be in the P4P Top 10, will watch the fight again before I make a prediction for the rematch

And mate, HISTORY WILL BE MADE ON DECEMBER 10TH BIRMINGHAM will revel in its CROWNING GLORY of OUR FIRST BOXING WORLD CHAMPION :afridi Can't believe we've not had much success in the pro , we have an Olympic Champion in Boxing from smethwick are real old timer and gavin became amateur world champ and the first Brit to get there I believe

Yes best of luck to Kal! I don't know much about his opponent but Kal is the younger fighter. He has done exceptionally well even though he hasn't been given as much limelight as I believe he deserves. His opponent is a southpaw so I hope he makes the necessary adjustments. A stoppage to claim the title would be amazing.

Yes best of luck to Kal! I don't know much about his opponent but Kal is the younger fighter. He has done exceptionally well even though he hasn't been given as much limelight as I believe he deserves. His opponent is a southpaw so I hope he makes the necessary adjustments. A stoppage to claim the title would be amazing.

If he wins I'd give him the key to the balti triangle :yk and buy him a burger from tru burger on ladypool road :)) I wonder if he has ever come around there lol must have, he doesn't live that far away. His biggest kryptonite has been injuries, he's the more talented out of the brothers and was one of our medal hopes in the build to 2008 Olympics and again in 2012, he probably should have turned pro earlier but he had that cloud hanging over his head of not achieving Olympic glory.

But you're right, since turning pro there has not been as much hype around him and lack of coverage to; I know the lower weight divisions don't get as much exposure unless you come out on magic carpet ;) but still deserved a bit more coverage over the years, switching to matchroom was a great move. Hopefully he gets the stoppage win, so many eyes will be on him the KO would really elevate his stock. I don't have sky away from bham near me uni, otherwise would have bought the PPV think it's a rarity that a matchroom card has finally justified being on PPV

If he wins I'd give him the key to the balti triangle :yk and buy him a burger from tru burger on ladypool road :)) I wonder if he has ever come around there lol must have, he doesn't live that far away. His biggest kryptonite has been injuries, he's the more talented out of the brothers and was one of our medal hopes in the build to 2008 Olympics and again in 2012, he probably should have turned pro earlier but he had that cloud hanging over his head of not achieving Olympic glory.

But you're right, since turning pro there has not been as much hype around him and lack of coverage to; I know the lower weight divisions don't get as much exposure unless you come out on magic carpet ;) but still deserved a bit more coverage over the years, switching to matchroom was a great move. Hopefully he gets the stoppage win, so many eyes will be on him the KO would really elevate his stock. I don't have sky away from bham near me uni, otherwise would have bought the PPV think it's a rarity that a matchroom card has finally justified being on PPV

I think he's from Moseley? Always wanted to try Tru Burger so I will now since you have recommended it.

I really don't understand the lack of coverage he has been given, I find his weight division very exciting. Maybe the promoters , tv channels and media had little confidence in him. But they will soon regret it !

I think he's from Moseley? Always wanted to try Tru Burger so I will now since you have recommended it.

I really don't understand the lack of coverage he has been given, I find his weight division very exciting. Maybe the promoters , tv channels and media had little confidence in him. But they will soon regret it !

Don't get the chicken burger from there but the beef burger and the BBQ wings as the side (best wings in birmingham imo), Moeen likes going there to on his cheat days :))

True, it is 2016 and attitudes have changed towards the lower divisions thanks to the likes of Hamed, Barrera, Morales, Manny etc for a while, in America the fighters are given a bit more respect especially the hardcore fans who probably know who Yafai is more then the Brits in the UK!(also worth mentioning that the P4P best across all publications has moved up to Kals weight, Roman Gonzalez). The Ring have Khal in their top 10 as well.

James Degale is another guy btw who is criminally underrated and this guy was actually an Olympic Gold medalist and the first Brit in history to convert Olympic glory into a pro world title. I rate Degale as the best SMW.

It is strange, Khal has just fallen under the radar I guess but with Degale I just don't get it, the public have a love hate relation with him but despite his prowess still lacks that drawing power. On paper the man should be the poster boy for Boxing in England when you look at his achievements.

[MENTION=94399]Speedster1[/MENTION] you have to give credit to Hearn, the Dec 10 card is worthy of being on PPV; the undercard is absolutely fantastic and the main-event is solid:

Anthony Joshua v Eric Molina : IBF Heavyweight Title
Dillian Whyte v Dereck Chisora : British Heavyweight Title & WBC Eliminator
Luis Concepcion v Kal Yafai : WBA Super-Flyweight Title
Callum Smith v Luke Blackledge : British Super-Middleweight Titles
Luis Ortiz v David Allen : 8 Rounds Heavyweight
Hosea Burton v Frank Buglioni : British Light-Heavyweight Title
Scott Quigg v Jose Cayetano : 12 Rounds Featherweight
Katie Taylor v Vivane : 6 Rounds Featherweight

Card does look solid, the main event for me being the Delboy Whyte fight! AJ as we know will eat Molina i think 7-8 rounds see that going i know it's a bit more of a test but AJ will handle the bizz. Good to see Kal Yafai on there too, should win and land that title. It's meant to be for him, very talented hardworking kid been following him a while, his bro Gamal is also class (And even younger Galal) very talented family. Look forward to the card.

Also when is Kid Galahid next fighting, im sure he was back? Another future World champ there as well, without a doubt.

[MENTION=131867]London_Lahori[/MENTION] [MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] Haye v Bellew has been confirmed for 4th of March next year:

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/new...-huge-domestic-clash-on-sky-sports-box-office

I think there will be more action during the promos and pre-fight press conferences then the actual fight itself. Its just a big pay day for both. Bellew knows he wont hang onto his cruiserweight title to much longers so he might as well get some money else where in fight like this if he can.

Haye could have pushed for a title shot at HW but maybe he believes hes not good enough to win title again or get close to it, so hes cashing in on big pay day as well.

Card does look solid, the main event for me being the Delboy Whyte fight! AJ as we know will eat Molina i think 7-8 rounds see that going i know it's a bit more of a test but AJ will handle the bizz. Good to see Kal Yafai on there too, should win and land that title. It's meant to be for him, very talented hardworking kid been following him a while, his bro Gamal is also class (And even younger Galal) very talented family. Look forward to the card.

Also when is Kid Galahid next fighting, im sure he was back? Another future World champ there as well, without a doubt.

That's an undercard bout for me, Whyte is a rising prospect while Chisora is a passed it fighter who can still somewhat compete at the world level but not actually win, he's good durable stepping stone for fighters like Whyte. It will go the distance and Whyte will win. AJ/Molina is the main-event, Molina is no bum and AJ's toughest opponent to date; he went 9 rounds with Wilder and gave him some problems along the way. The card is worthy of being on PPV.

He was a promising prospect who had to serve a doping ban thanks to a family dispute which is actually believable amongst Yemeni's so I sympathise with his grievance, his ban was also shady because there was not enough proof that it even occurred given that the concentration of the substance wasn't measured properly and after deliberation from Kids lawyer the ban was reduced by 6 months. Since then Kell has tried his best to convince Eddie to give him shots on some of his cards but he hasn't featured as much, not sure what his contract status is with matchroom or when he'll be fighting next

I think there will be more action during the promos and pre-fight press conferences then the actual fight itself. Its just a big pay day for both. Bellew knows he wont hang onto his cruiserweight title to much longers so he might as well get some money else where in fight like this if he can.

Haye could have pushed for a title shot at HW but maybe he believes hes not good enough to win title again or get close to it, so hes cashing in on big pay day as well.

Haye is the Mandatory challenger for the WBO HW title and is set to face Joseph Parker next year, in the mean time why pass on a big pay day for an easy nights work?

That's an undercard bout for me, Whyte is a rising prospect while Chisora is a passed it fighter who can still somewhat compete at the world level but not actually win, he's good durable stepping stone for fighters like Whyte. It will go the distance and Whyte will win. AJ/Molina is the main-event, Molina is no bum and AJ's toughest opponent to date; he went 9 rounds with Wilder and gave him some problems along the way. The card is worthy of being on PPV.

He was a promising prospect who had to serve a doping ban thanks to a family dispute which is actually believable amongst Yemeni's so I sympathise with his grievance, his ban was also shady because there was not enough proof that it even occurred given that the concentration of the substance wasn't measured properly and after deliberation from Kids lawyer the ban was reduced by 6 months. Since then Kell has tried his best to convince Eddie to give him shots on some of his cards but he hasn't featured as much, not sure what his contract status is with matchroom or when he'll be fighting next

That's the fight I'm looking forward to most because of the tension, albeit some of it being set up but I like these kind of grudge matches which adds that extra spice. While I see Whyte winning all day, points just like yourself, I see it as a closer fight than the Molina fight plus the fact there is bad blood there, together that overtakes the AJ/Molina fight as the main fight on that PPV for me. The fact that the AJ fight is a HW title fight doesn't appeal to me, as he is a paper champ anyway. Also like I said I know this fight will be a tougher test for AJ than previous fights but I don't see it going past around 7 rounds. We still know he will handle the bizz. Nothing wrong with him slowly building up his level of opponents, but by now I feel he should have fought someone who has at least a 40% chance of winning no disrespect to Molina, but not an opponent where it's 70/80% likely you are to win. We know beforehand who will win and there is no fun in that and that no way counts as a main PPV fight for me. Apart from the obvious, I know one bomb can turn a fight on its head but does he have the power to rattle AJ, that's the only interesting thing us viewers will be looking out for. Also I'm sure Molina went 9 rounds with Wilder but wasn't Wilder nursing a broken hand in that fight? (not sure from what round Onwards though)

Yeah I am aware of the issue with kids brother and the doping scandal. Very unfortunate that was. But i read a while back that his ban was over. He still is a promising boxer as far as I'm concerned and he will be world champ. As long as he still gets the right backing to be put on big shows as he was well on course to doing just that. Just fear his name is a tad tarnished after that doping episode and no one wants to touch him which I hope is not the case as It would be a waste. I'm sure we will be hearing more about him soon enough though.

[MENTION=94399]Speedster1[/MENTION]

Eric Molina profile

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/new...now-anthony-joshuas-next-opponent-eric-molina

One thing is for sure, he'll have a real go! he's no pushover and if AJ can finish him earlier then Wilder did he'd have elevated his stock.

He will have a go, just like the others said they would have a 'go', but they will continue to fall. Don't see it going past 7/8. AJ will get the job done in style.

Have u seen the Bellew/Haye press conference, lightning quick left hook by Haye which Bellew didn't even see coming. Later Haye, in an interview with Kugan (guessing u know who lol) called it a slap and said if Bellew thought that was punch 'he's in for one hell of a night come fight night' Haha it is brewing up well even though Haye smashes him up. Enjoying the build up though, Haye was on fire with the humour.

Also in the presser you have got to see how Haye ripped into Hearn if to haven't already. About time someone did instead of kissing his backside. He mentioned how Hearn is always hogging the limelight and even pushed Katie Taylor out of the way in an interview she was having just to announce his 'apples and pears' :))) :))) fully mocked him, Haye is a legend for this itself. Funny though how Haye thinks hayemaker promotions will finish of matchroom though after beating Bellew then AJ. Not happening.

Here's the clip from the presser
https://youtu.be/3PjfIaoe5XU

That's the fight I'm looking forward to most because of the tension, albeit some of it being set up but I like these kind of grudge matches which adds that extra spice. While I see Whyte winning all day, points just like yourself, I see it as a closer fight than the Molina fight plus the fact there is bad blood there, together that overtakes the AJ/Molina fight as the main fight on that PPV for me. The fact that the AJ fight is a HW title fight doesn't appeal to me, as he is a paper champ anyway. Also like I said I know this fight will be a tougher test for AJ than previous fights but I don't see it going past around 7 rounds. We still know he will handle the bizz. Nothing wrong with him slowly building up his level of opponents, but by now I feel he should have fought someone who has at least a 40% chance of winning no disrespect to Molina, but not an opponent where it's 70/80% likely you are to win. We know beforehand who will win and there is no fun in that and that no way counts as a main PPV fight for me. Apart from the obvious, I know one bomb can turn a fight on its head but does he have the power to rattle AJ, that's the only interesting thing us viewers will be looking out for. Also I'm sure Molina went 9 rounds with Wilder but wasn't Wilder nursing a broken hand in that fight? (not sure from what round Onwards though)

Yeah I am aware of the issue with kids brother and the doping scandal. Very unfortunate that was. But i read a while back that his ban was over. He still is a promising boxer as far as I'm concerned and he will be world champ. As long as he still gets the right backing to be put on big shows as he was well on course to doing just that. Just fear his name is a tad tarnished after that doping episode and no one wants to touch him which I hope is not the case as It would be a waste. I'm sure we will be hearing more about him soon enough though.

Yeah that makes sense, the feud has been exciting; although the feud between Bellew and Haye is on another level :))) they've built that better.

Here's the thing, what justifies being on a PPV is a little misleading; anyhow the undercard is fantastic and the main-event is solid so in my opinion the PPV is justified. You see the spectacle and genius of Mike Tyson use to sell PPV's despite the level of his opposition which wasn't always top 10 material, while Molina would be a journeyman in other era's we got to look at him in comparison to the quality in the HW division, outside the likes of Haye, Wilder, Fury, Pulev, Povetkin, Wladmir etc who is there? the HW is booming and the future is great but it's by no means of such a high quality that names outside the top 10 could potentially win a world championship. Molina is probably in the top 15 HW in the world so this world title fight is justified and like I said what is supposed to be a PPV main-event is misleading; when you look at fights which have been on PPV in the past it's not like the odds have always been 50-50, a predictable outcome is not neccesarily a bad thing either, the fans want to see a spectacle or just hate to love watching someone like a Floyd Mayweather even if his style is boring or his level of opposition is poor, I mean he generated 500K buys just facing Andre Berto. Wilder has also stated that Molina.

AJ is most certainly a paper champion but this is a step in the right direction for him and in terms of the experience he has it's the right fight for him and it doesn't take away from his world championship status. He'll be facing a guy who also fought Wilder on PPV in his first defence of the world title.

He will have a go, just like the others said they would have a 'go', but they will continue to fall. Don't see it going past 7/8. AJ will get the job done in style.

Have u seen the Bellew/Haye press conference, lightning quick left hook by Haye which Bellew didn't even see coming. Later Haye, in an interview with Kugan (guessing u know who lol) called it a slap and said if Bellew thought that was punch 'he's in for one hell of a night come fight night' Haha it is brewing up well even though Haye smashes him up. Enjoying the build up though, Haye was on fire with the humour.

Also in the presser you have got to see how Haye ripped into Hearn if to haven't already. About time someone did instead of kissing his backside. He mentioned how Hearn is always hogging the limelight and even pushed Katie Taylor out of the way in an interview she was having just to announce his 'apples and pears' :))) :))) fully mocked him, Haye is a legend for this itself. Funny though how Haye thinks hayemaker promotions will finish of matchroom though after beating Bellew then AJ. Not happening.

Here's the clip from the presser
https://youtu.be/3PjfIaoe5XU

I've been following it the build has been amazing, I watched a sky interview where Bellew absolutely destroyed Haye verbally :))) Haye is usually only good at talking crap when the other fighter doesn't respond much (Wlad) but it does ignite a fire which he'll use to make his opponent pay big time (Chisora)

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/boxing/10671860/haye-and-bellew-trade-insults

:)))

Haye is better on the microphone when what he says is premeditated or taped.

It was pretty Hilarious seeing Eddie Hearn being rattled, Adam Smith agreed with Haye in an interview with Kugan found that pretty funny to LOL what Haye said was spot on but Eddie has also done a great deal of work to elevate the sport in the country and create some buzz, signing Katie was a brilliant move especially for womens boxing as well

What won't happen is Eddie sacrificing AJ to Haye, while hayemaker promotions would not finish of matchroom (given their stable of fighters and benefactors) they would still lose a limb and get a bloody nose when their cash cow is exposed unless Haye really is past his prime given the inactivity and Joshua improves significantly as a fighter but despite the doubts around Haye I'd put my money on him vs the Joshua I saw against Dominic Brezeale, Joshua would lose by KO within 6 rounds.

Yeah that makes sense, the feud has been exciting; although the feud between Bellew and Haye is on another level :))) they've built that better.

Here's the thing, what justifies being on a PPV is a little misleading; anyhow the undercard is fantastic and the main-event is solid so in my opinion the PPV is justified. You see the spectacle and genius of Mike Tyson use to sell PPV's despite the level of his opposition which wasn't always top 10 material, while Molina would be a journeyman in other era's we got to look at him in comparison to the quality in the HW division, outside the likes of Haye, Wilder, Fury, Pulev, Povetkin, Wladmir etc who is there? the HW is booming and the future is great but it's by no means of such a high quality that names outside the top 10 could potentially win a world championship. Molina is probably in the top 15 HW in the world so this world title fight is justified and like I said what is supposed to be a PPV main-event is misleading; when you look at fights which have been on PPV in the past it's not like the odds have always been 50-50, a predictable outcome is not neccesarily a bad thing either, the fans want to see a spectacle or just hate to love watching someone like a Floyd Mayweather even if his style is boring or his level of opposition is poor, I mean he generated 500K buys just facing Andre Berto. Wilder has also stated that Molina.

AJ is most certainly a paper champion but this is a step in the right direction for him and in terms of the experience he has it's the right fight for him and it doesn't take away from his world championship status. He'll be facing a guy who also fought Wilder on PPV in his first defence of the world title.

Yeah the card is solid and overall it is justified. Maybe I am expecting a bit too much too soon lol. Just want to see AJ being tested a bit more but we will get that in time I suppose. Agree this opponent is a step in the right direction but I feel they are baby steps, I don't blame them though they gotta milk the cash cow along the way. AJ was talked about having a fight with klit in March/April. Let's see how that progresses. Mike Tyson was an animal it didn't matter who he faced he could sell out and be PPV worthy if he fought blindfolded. I guess where the demand is there(public on the AJ hype) they will continue to provide. Defo needs a real challenge though after the coming fight. Agree the level of opponents outside the top HW's is narrow which is why a top fight needs to happen soon as well. Can't wait till we get to see if AJ can sink or swim against a real opponent. He's done everyone right so far, it won't be all rosy forever the real test is when he he's rattled only then we will see his real strengths. For boxing sake hope he does well and is the real deal.

Last edited:
I've been following it the build has been amazing, I watched a sky interview where Bellew absolutely destroyed Haye verbally :))) Haye is usually only good at talking crap when the other fighter doesn't respond much (Wlad) but it does ignite a fire which he'll use to make his opponent pay big time (Chisora)

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/boxing/10671860/haye-and-bellew-trade-insults

:)))

Haye is better on the microphone when what he says is premeditated or taped.

It was pretty Hilarious seeing Eddie Hearn being rattled, Adam Smith agreed with Haye in an interview with Kugan found that pretty funny to LOL what Haye said was spot on but Eddie has also done a great deal of work to elevate the sport in the country and create some buzz, signing Katie was a brilliant move especially for womens boxing as well

What won't happen is Eddie sacrificing AJ to Haye, while hayemaker promotions would not finish of matchroom (given their stable of fighters and benefactors) they would still lose a limb and get a bloody nose when their cash cow is exposed unless Haye really is past his prime given the inactivity and Joshua improves significantly as a fighter but despite the doubts around Haye I'd put my money on him vs the Joshua I saw against Dominic Brezeale, Joshua would lose by KO within 6 rounds.

I have not seen that one will check it out. I saw the Adam smith one with Kugan that was hilarious. Funny how Hearn takes over Adam smith in the pressers lol. A new thing for uk though we don't normally have a presenter for pressers do we. He has just got that voice hasn't he lol for a presenter, at times it seems like they are faking it - of course they have to hype it all up but it's funny at times. Eddie has done well for uk boxing no doubt about that, he can go a lil easy though as Haye said let ur fighters do the talking. The way he sometimes over exaggerates is cringeworthy. What do you expect from an Essex flower boy lol.

Haye AJ is a interesting one. Haye we don't know if he still has it and AJ we don't know if he can maintain and progress from his past performances against a proper step up in quality. Haye beating Bellew as expected won't show if he can handle AJ. Different league. Weight a factor also as Bellew is moving up. So still need a couple fights to see if Haye has still got it and same with AJ. Right now because of the 'Unknown' I would say 50/50 fight, personally though would love to see Haye do it just to see eddies face :)))

[MENTION=94399]Speedster1[/MENTION] To be fair, Molina isn't really a challenge for AJ; he can punch a bit and I give him that but barring a few decent wins he's been KO'd by Arreola in 1 round and by Wilder with a broken hand, the card is still worthy of a PPV but I agree with you in that the main-event is weak.

But you know these feuds in boxing they all just seem so bloody scripted now it just feels like everyone plays their role, Hearn is the Vince MeekMan of UK boxing; part of it all is for him to make fans dislike him; Whyte throwing Water at Dillian and the whole Haye/Bellew shtick just comes off as scripted even though it is highly entertaining I must admit. But there are very few rivalries which are genuine these days, the Haye/Chisora one was, Brook/Khan is another and although Whyte/AJ was scripted to Whyte genuinely hates AJ because he sees him as a coconut and Joshua hates him just as much now.

AJ doesn't at least talk himself up, he has an understanding of his level and need to improve, Molina is probably the right opponent for him given his experience thus far and need to develop but the criticism comes from not fighting top opposition despite holding a world title belt

[MENTION=94399]Speedster1[/MENTION] To be fair, Molina isn't really a challenge for AJ; he can punch a bit and I give him that but barring a few decent wins he's been KO'd by Arreola in 1 round and by Wilder with a broken hand, the card is still worthy of a PPV but I agree with you in that the main-event is weak.

But you know these feuds in boxing they all just seem so bloody scripted now it just feels like everyone plays their role, Hearn is the Vince MeekMan of UK boxing; part of it all is for him to make fans dislike him; Whyte throwing Water at Dillian and the whole Haye/Bellew shtick just comes off as scripted even though it is highly entertaining I must admit. But there are very few rivalries which are genuine these days, the Haye/Chisora one was, Brook/Khan is another and although Whyte/AJ was scripted to Whyte genuinely hates AJ because he sees him as a coconut and Joshua hates him just as much now.

Exactly, in the Molina Wilder fight, Wilder had a broken hand and still won. I see AJ finishing it off before that will be dissapointing if it goes 12 rounds which i doubt it will.

Yeah defo a lot of it is scripted, especially in the press conference earlier, the way Delboy was talking not his usual self, looks so scripted and the way he threw the table towards Whyte but it got brushed out the way like it was nothing LOL. Found it hilarious. Whilst it was funny, it's cringeworthy and a step too far imo, this isn't WWE :))

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] Your asessment of Eddie playing Vince from WWE is bang on, I'm guessing he's a fan :)))

Exactly, in the Molina Wilder fight, Wilder had a broken hand and still won. I see AJ finishing it off before that will be dissapointing if it goes 12 rounds which i doubt it will.

Yeah defo a lot of it is scripted, especially in the press conference earlier, the way Delboy was talking not his usual self, looks so scripted and the way he threw the table towards Whyte but it got brushed out the way like it was nothing LOL. Found it hilarious. Whilst it was funny, it's cringeworthy and a step too far imo, this isn't WWE :))

Deontay Wilder to Fury "This isn't WWE!" Those two need to fight dammit, that's a feud I can get behind given the nature of the two fighters who are genuine characters and justify the hype. Majority of Boxing promoters and personas have been inspired by pro-wrestling, Ali's said his shtick was inspired by a wrestler called gorgeous george who would repeatedly advocate his good looks and get people mad but they all would still come to see him, selling out arenas every weekend and Ali too inspiration from that :)) Mcgregor in UFC his persona is inspired by Ali, Ric Flair etc Every now and then you get genuine characters like Fury and Wilder, in the past you had the likes of Naseem Hamed and Mike Tyson; beyond their star appeal they could justify the hype. These days in a superficial era with a powerhouse of a marketing machine behind you, even if the skill isn't quiet there you can sell become a drawl it's like the Shahid Afridi era of Boxing in the UK but in between we have some gems

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] Your asessment of Eddie playing Vince from WWE is bang on, I'm guessing he's a fan :)))

He defo is bro, I seriously want to punch the guy in the face every time I see him on IFL TV; plus he's never on the fence and everything he says is so damn predictable. On top of that everything which Haye said is true he's just an annoying dude who you want to see get power bombed through one of those press conference tables, that smug face sitting in the centre with a big smile on his face the man is such an excellent troll, even those who hate him will buy tickets in the hope that they can witness one of his fighters get dismantled and the look on his face would justify the ticket price in their eyes, we need Carson Jones on every matchroom card :)))

Last edited:
Now you see why I was saying Whyte v Chisora is the top bill of the night lol. And not AJ fight. AJ as I predicted made light work of his opponent although I didn't expect it ending that early! congrats to Kal on becoming first world champ from brum. Connor Ben got the KO 1st round, Katie won, quigg come back from frampton defeat with victory over a Mexican. What else lol. Jam packed card it was oh yeah Callum smith did well as well.

Although not watched it can't wait to watch the Chisora Whyte fight seemed like a classic which I thought it would be. Could have gone either way aparently. I think a rematch is maybe possible in future but this win makes Whyte in contention for a title shot v Wilder. AJ Klitchsko confirmed. Things looking good. Great night of boxing well done Eddie as much as your hated ha ha. The fight was Defo worth all the table throwing ad smack talk though lol

Last edited:
Now you see why I was saying Whyte v Chisora is the top bill of the night lol. And not AJ fight. AJ as I predicted made light work of his opponent although I didn't expect it ending that early! congrats to Kal on becoming first world champ from brum. Connor Ben got the KO 1st round, Katie won, quigg come back from frampton defeat with victory over a Mexican. What else lol. Jam packed card it was oh yeah Callum smith did well as well.

Although not watched it can't wait to watch the Chisora Whyte fight seemed like a classic which I thought it would be. Could have gone either way aparently. I think a rematch is maybe possible in future but this win makes Whyte in contention for a title shot v Wilder. AJ Klitchsko confirmed. Things looking good. Great night of boxing well done Eddie as much as your hated ha ha. The fight was Defo worth all the table throwing ad smack talk though lol

Fight of the year for sure, could have gone either way; I didn't score the fight and just wanted to enjoy it. Easily the best I've seen Chisora in years, when he's motivated the man can accomplish great things. Great learning experience for Whyte, it's fights like these which really elevate you; he lost to AJ but he had injured his shoulder during the fight and if am honest he wasn't really himself on that night but you learn from fights like that. I'd like for Hearn to match Whyte with Parker soon, think it would be a great fight for Whyte at his stage and he'd actually beat JP to. Hearn wants to cash out on AJ v JP for the unified titles and sky have been covering JP quiet a bit to but I think they can generate even more $$$ from HW world title unification clash between AJ and Whyte.

Come on mate we both know Molina is not all that but he's not that bad, he just wasn't himself at all and barely threw a punch. He actually looked frightened and didn't want to be there, it reminded me of Audley vs Haye; Molina saw a bit of muscle of mass and **** himself. Don't want to disrespect Molina or anyone that steps in the ring but he was awful beyond his own standards. Burton-Buglioni was another terrific fight and fight of the year candidate that was an epic war get a look at that as well when you can.

Don't think Whyte will face Wilder next and tbh i don't think he should, it's a big step up. He has said the rematch with Chisora is of no interest to him and I don't blame him lol Apparently Eddie paid the fine which Chisora got for the table throw, it just confirms that it was scripted ;)

AJ/Wlad will be sold as this big 50-50 challenge but honestly it's a walk in the park for AJ, why? simple:

Wladmir will be 41/42 years old

Wladmir has been inactive for 18 months, imagine going to the gym right and benching 200kg then you don't go gym for 18 months; would you be able to lift the same weight? highly unlikely. Just imagine that in your head multiplied by 10 to see how much of a disadvantage being inactive really is, in boxing you can't afford such delays and Wladmir is an old man on top of that

Wladmir was at the top of his game, undefeated for over 10 years and he was beaten at the top of the mountain by Tyson Fury. Such a loss ought to have a significant impact on him psychologically, how will he bounce back from that loss?

The odds are stacked against him, his best chance is a punchers chance! and if he manages to test AJ's chin things will get interesting but I expect AJ to win by a late KO or on points. It will certainly be AJ's toughest fight but it will tell us little of how good he really is until he steps in the ring with Deontay Wilder.

Watching Bernard Hokpins for the last time live, getting really emotional; he makes his way to the ring in his executioner gimmick, goosebumps.

Boxing can be very cruel towards those who go on too long doesn't matter how great you were. Smith caught Hopkins with some great shots near the ropes and he fell threw them obtaining a TKO victory, Hopkins protested that he was pushed but he was legitimately caught. There's a chance he may have got up had he been in the ring but credit to Smith, he caught Hopkins with a flurry of good shots. Up until round 7 the fight was very competitive with both fighters having their moments, feel sorry for Bernard having to go out like that and I fear he may return. Whatever happens, he's had one hell of a career and it has been a pleasure to witness his greatness.

Boxing had a decent year, my top 10 fights:

1. Whyte vs Chisora

2. Jamie Conlan vs Anthony Nelson

3. Keith Thurman vs Shawn Porter

4. Carl Frampton vs Santa Cruz

5. Hosea Burton vs Frank Buglioni

6. Andre Ward v Kovalev

7. Bellew v Makabu

8. Crolla v Barrosa

9. Khan v Alvarez

10. Brook v GGG

Honourable mentions:

Crawford v Postal

Lomachenko v Martinez

Manny Pacquiao v Jessi Vargas

Khalid Yafai v Luis Conception

Hopefully 2017 is even better!

Looking forward to these fights:

Khan v Brook

Khan v Garcia

Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder

David Haye vs Anthony Joshua

Alvarez vs GGG

Andre Ward v Kovalev 2

Andre Ward v Stevenson

Whyte vs Parker

Whyte vs Chisora 2

My fighter of the year: Andre Ward

KO of the Year: Canelo of Khan

The [MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] Achievement of the Year: Frampton beating Santa Cruz

The [MENTION=94399]Speedster1[/MENTION] Breakout Star of the Year award: Khalid Yafai

The Shazzy Bear Best Heel of the Year: Tyson Fury

The [MENTION=133972]shaykh[/MENTION] Best Baby Face of the Year: Kelly Brook

Happy Holidays guys! wish you all the best, hopefully you and all your family's remain in good health

Khan v Brook moves a step closer,

Eddie Hearn hopes to have some 'good news' before end of January.

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/new...-to-have-some-good-news-before-end-of-january

The fight is expected to happen late in 2017, the two will have tune ups first; Amir is expected to fight around March/April in the UK and Kell probably will fight again around then to. Khan/Brook will be booked between September and December I reckon.
[MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] [MENTION=133972]shaykh[/MENTION] [MENTION=94399]Speedster1[/MENTION] [MENTION=131867]London_Lahori[/MENTION] [MENTION=1080]miandadrules[/MENTION] [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] [MENTION=396]mani1[/MENTION]

What is your prediction for the fight?

I believe it will be an exciting encounter which will end in a stoppage win for Kell Brook between Round 8-9, if you had asked me the question in 2011 I'd have said Khan by a landslide points victory.

I think at this stage in the career of Amir Khan he is past his prime because he has lost passion for the sport, doesn't dedicate as much time and energy towards boxing and is very inactive. Also, he made his debut at the age of 17 and since has fought 12 world champions; naturally with a stacked resume the body ought to experience more wear and tear due to hard fought battles, so that would also be weighing on him. While he's had a great career and will go down as a British Boxing Legend Khan has turned into a bit of a spectacle fighter now and comes across as a bit delusional because he seems to think that he can do all that charity, travel the world year round and then be in ring shape and battle ready via a 2-3 month training camp in preparation for a high profile bout, that too his first and only of the year and still expect to be successful, that's just not going to happen.

Kell Brook on the other hand is a great all round boxer, he moves really well, packs a punch and has a solid chin; however he is guilty of fighting cans for majority of his career but despite that holds a big win at 147 over Porter who is one of the names other then GGG who are worth mentioning when looking at his CV. Brook doesn't have as much wear and tear which Khan does, is a lot fresher and more active which will be key for him.

Stylistically you could say it's a 50-50 fight and make an argument for either fighter but given the reasons I've stated above I'd say Brook is the favourite for me, if Khan takes the fight very seriously, dedicates his 100% to training and has not one but two tune ups we may just perform the best he has in years and even then it will be a challenge but that will be his best shot.

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/new...-to-have-some-good-news-before-end-of-january

The fight is expected to happen late in 2017, the two will have tune ups first; Amir is expected to fight around March/April in the UK and Kell probably will fight again around then to. Khan/Brook will be booked between September and December I reckon.
[MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] [MENTION=133972]shaykh[/MENTION] [MENTION=94399]Speedster1[/MENTION] [MENTION=131867]London_Lahori[/MENTION] [MENTION=1080]miandadrules[/MENTION] [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] [MENTION=396]mani1[/MENTION]

I believe it will be an exciting encounter which will end in a stoppage win for Kell Brook between Round 8-9, if you had asked me the question in 2011 I'd have said Khan by a landslide points victory.

I think at this stage in the career of Amir Khan he is past his prime because he has lost passion for the sport, doesn't dedicate as much time and energy towards boxing and is very inactive. Also, he made his debut at the age of 17 and since has fought 12 world champions; naturally with a stacked resume the body ought to experience more wear and tear due to hard fought battles, so that would also be weighing on him. While he's had a great career and will go down as a British Boxing Legend Khan has turned into a bit of a spectacle fighter now and comes across as a bit delusional because he seems to think that he can do all that charity, travel the world year round and then be in ring shape and battle ready via a 2-3 month training camp in preparation for a high profile bout, that too his first and only of the year and still expect to be successful, that's just not going to happen.

Kell Brook on the other hand is a great all round boxer, he moves really well, packs a punch and has a solid chin; however he is guilty of fighting cans for majority of his career but despite that holds a big win at 147 over Porter who is one of the names other then GGG who are worth mentioning when looking at his CV. Brook doesn't have as much wear and tear which Khan does, is a lot fresher and more active which will be key for him.

Stylistically you could say it's a 50-50 fight and make an argument for either fighter but given the reasons I've stated above I'd say Brook is the favourite for me, if Khan takes the fight very seriously, dedicates his 100% to training and has not one but two tune ups we may just perform the best he has in years and even then it will be a challenge but that will be his best shot.

Provided Brook doesn't get cut early from the standard Khan fast start I think Kell stops him between 6-8.

Provided Brook doesn't get cut early from the standard Khan fast start I think Kell stops him between 6-8.

Khan will probably gas after 5 rounds, his ring fitness has become very poor to another result of inactivity; the guy is also very fat saw a video of him getting an award at the recent WBC convention and he was pretty out of shape for a fighter who had not retired. Guys like Carl Froch even on holiday use to take care of their diet and trained constantly etc Agree that it will end in a stoppage

The fight is very likely now which is good to see, negotiations have been positive; hopefully both teams agree on the split.

It's very difficult to predict, the problem being Kell hasn't shown anything in the elite level apart from the Porter win. He did reasonably well against GGG , showing good heart and counter attacking a few times but other boxers lower than him would have done the same. If you don't get knocked out, you will continue to throw punches back. Although you can see Kell is a very good fighter who deserves a shot at Khan.

Khan is recovering from a hand injury which shouldn't be a problem when the fight arrives , possibly why is out of shape. He will train very hard for this fight, a loss her and his career is pretty much over while Brook has plenty of fights ahead even if he loses.

If Khan fights as he was doing against Canelo, he will win on points easily, Brook just wont land enough shots compared to Khan. Brook's only hope is the stoppage imo which is less likely.

The tune up fight early in the year could cause an upset if either loses but it won't be Brook he will be going back to fight bums again. Khan will probably face off with someone decent so may lose lol.

It's very difficult to predict, the problem being Kell hasn't shown anything in the elite level apart from the Porter win. He did reasonably well against GGG , showing good heart and counter attacking a few times but other boxers lower than him would have done the same. If you don't get knocked out, you will continue to throw punches back. Although you can see Kell is a very good fighter who deserves a shot at Khan.

Khan is recovering from a hand injury which shouldn't be a problem when the fight arrives , possibly why is out of shape. He will train very hard for this fight, a loss her and his career is pretty much over while Brook has plenty of fights ahead even if he loses.

If Khan fights as he was doing against Canelo, he will win on points easily, Brook just wont land enough shots compared to Khan. Brook's only hope is the stoppage imo which is less likely.

The tune up fight early in the year could cause an upset if either loses but it won't be Brook he will be going back to fight bums again. Khan will probably face off with someone decent so may lose lol.

He doesn't have the experience which Khan does but Porter is a high calibre opponent at 147 and he showed that he belonged and had his moments vs GGG to, the resume overall will always be criticised but I do believe Kell individually is a really talented world class fighter. Yeah he has had that injury throughout his career and after he tests it out in a tune up bout it shouldn't be a problem, who knows it may even have more puff in it. Just generally he doesn't really take much care of himself and hasn't dedicated himself to the sport over the last 2-3 years (obsession with mayweather didn't help), too much time is spent doing retirement like stuff.

Around 2011 Khan was always in the wild card training hard there, always active, no fitness issues and he had that sharpness about him. Watch him in his last fight he slowed down during Round 5, Canelo body shots were affecting him but it was a stamina issue to even though he controlled the pace beautifully he sought of gassed. Yeah that's the risk with tune ups isn't it, when you have a big fight around the corner you don't want to pick someone too dangerous. Think both Amir and Kell with face some average boxer before a big show down late in the year, there's too much at stake when it comes to ££££ even Khan may just get an even bigger pay day then he did vs Canelo.

*Kell makes his entrance to the theme of all of the lights with a bare bum mask on*

*King Khan is carried to the ring on his throne by Faryal Makhdoom, Mr.Khan and Mrs Khan to the theme of Dil Dil Pakistan*

Then I see the fight going like this, Khan will start out fast; Kell will remain patient; Khan will win the first 4 rounds quiet easily. Kell will become a bit more active as Khan begins to slow down and throw some body shots between rounds 5-7 in this period it's all about what the judges are after, Khans workrate or Kells cleaner power shots so it will be pretty close. Round 8 both go toe to toe in what becomes the round of the year, Amir knocks Kell down with a body shot but he weathers the storm to make it to the bell. Round 9 Amir gets over confident, a big defensive laps and gets caught with a big left hook which he doesn't see coming, Amir manages to get up and is knocked down again, he gets up again, he doesn't want to lose to Kell by KO, he doesn't want to quit before the thousands in the greatest arena in the world, Amir legs turn to jelly he's holding on to Kell but another left, a right and Khan falls down again at this point Amir slowly gets up but the ref rules that he's in no position to continue and Kell Brook wins by way of TKO.

Post match interview:

Kell: I've put sheffield on the map, deh greatest win of me life

*Kell Shakes Amirs hand puts an arm around him*

I've always had respect for Khan but I really needed the pay day mate, now I can raatire and by me dad a BMW X5, he's always sooooported me, Amirs a great fighter and he can come back from this.

Amir: Look, Kells a great champion we've both always respected each other and am hoping we can do the rematch, I got caught with a good shot it didn't hurt me, I can't seem to remember how it connected but it was a good shot but the ref shouldn't have stopped it

Kell: Errm rematch you saaay?

Amir: I made you Kell, now people know who you are. No rematch? fine, I'll just fight Sergie Kovalev next; I got the speed, the skills and the brain; Kovalev punches really hard but he can't box

He doesn't have the experience which Khan does but Porter is a high calibre opponent at 147 and he showed that he belonged and had his moments vs GGG to, the resume overall will always be criticised but I do believe Kell individually is a really talented world class fighter. Yeah he has had that injury throughout his career and after he tests it out in a tune up bout it shouldn't be a problem, who knows it may even have more puff in it. Just generally he doesn't really take much care of himself and hasn't dedicated himself to the sport over the last 2-3 years (obsession with mayweather didn't help), too much time is spent doing retirement like stuff.

Around 2011 Khan was always in the wild card training hard there, always active, no fitness issues and he had that sharpness about him. Watch him in his last fight he slowed down during Round 5, Canelo body shots were affecting him but it was a stamina issue to even though he controlled the pace beautifully he sought of gassed. Yeah that's the risk with tune ups isn't it, when you have a big fight around the corner you don't want to pick someone too dangerous. Think both Amir and Kell with face some average boxer before a big show down late in the year, there's too much at stake when it comes to ££££ even Khan may just get an even bigger pay day then he did vs Canelo.

*Kell makes his entrance to the theme of all of the lights with a bare bum mask on*

*King Khan is carried to the ring on his throne by Faryal Makhdoom, Mr.Khan and Mrs Khan to the theme of Dil Dil Pakistan*

Then I see the fight going like this, Khan will start out fast; Kell will remain patient; Khan will win the first 4 rounds quiet easily. Kell will become a bit more active as Khan begins to slow down and throw some body shots between rounds 5-7 in this period it's all about what the judges are after, Khans workrate or Kells cleaner power shots so it will be pretty close. Round 8 both go toe to toe in what becomes the round of the year, Amir knocks Kell down with a body shot but he weathers the storm to make it to the bell. Round 9 Amir gets over confident, a big defensive laps and gets caught with a big left hook which he doesn't see coming, Amir manages to get up and is knocked down again, he gets up again, he doesn't want to lose to Kell by KO, he doesn't want to quit before the thousands in the greatest arena in the world, Amir legs turn to jelly he's holding on to Kell but another left, a right and Khan falls down again at this point Amir slowly gets up but the ref rules that he's in no position to continue and Kell Brook wins by way of TKO.

Post match interview:

Kell: I've put sheffield on the map, deh greatest win of me life

*Kell Shakes Amirs hand puts an arm around him*

I've always had respect for Khan but I really needed the pay day mate, now I can raatire and by me dad a BMW X5, he's always sooooported me, Amirs a great fighter and he can come back from this.

Amir: Look, Kells a great champion we've both always respected each other and am hoping we can do the rematch, I got caught with a good shot it didn't hurt me, I can't seem to remember how it connected but it was a good shot but the ref shouldn't have stopped it

Kell: Errm rematch you saaay?

Amir: I made you Kell, now people know who you are. No rematch? fine, I'll just fight Sergie Kovalev next; I got the speed, the skills and the brain; Kovalev punches really hard but he can't box

I agree with a lot of what you had to say but Khan did go up in weight against Canelo, this may contributed to his overall fitness,. Canelo is a pretty hard puncher so those body shots will have taken a lot of wind out him. It's a not fight I would use too much to judge how Khan could be like against Brook even though it was his last bout. I don't think Kell is the biggest puncher around even though he as over 20 KO's but they were all bums. It would take a combination of punches from Kell to stop Khan imo and with Khan having a longer reach (not sure ) he will stay at a distance while throwing combinations to score points. It all depends how Kell cuts off the ring to him and if he is able to turn it into a tear up.

If both fighters are fully fit imo it will go 12 rounds and Khan always has a good chance of winning if it goes the distance.

Its a fight I will go and watch if it's at Wembley but I wont be supporting any particular fighter.

I agree with a lot of what you had to say but Khan did go up in weight against Canelo, this may contributed to his overall fitness,. Canelo is a pretty hard puncher so those body shots will have taken a lot of wind out him. It's a not fight I would use too much to judge how Khan could be like against Brook even though it was his last bout. I don't think Kell is the biggest puncher around even though he as over 20 KO's but they were all bums. It would take a combination of punches from Kell to stop Khan imo and with Khan having a longer reach (not sure ) he will stay at a distance while throwing combinations to score points. It all depends how Kell cuts off the ring to him and if he is able to turn it into a tear up.

If both fighters are fully fit imo it will go 12 rounds and Khan always has a good chance of winning if it goes the distance.

Its a fight I will go and watch if it's at Wembley but I wont be supporting any particular fighter.

Not using the last performance to say how he"ll be vs Brook and while the weight was certainly an issue but what can't be overlooked is his inactivity in general and lack of effort in recent times when it comes to his boxing career which you need to eat, sleep and breath to perform at your absolutr best and for someone who is past their prime they can't afford to give things other then their career attention because you feel the consequences 10x over when you're in the ring so am not sure if Khan will be ready for a 12 round duel with one tune up before Brook.

Kell doesn't have the one shot KO power defo accumilation of punches and they will be enough for Khan who tends to take punches clean and he"ll feel them more given the fitness issues. As Khan slows down Kell will find it easier to cut off the ring, no doubt that if it goes 12 rounds Khan will win; no one has ever out boxed him and he's probably one of the most challenging fighters to win a round against. But I just can't imagine him winning at this stage im his career.

Same, I will probably go to. Have supported Khan since the Olympics really want him to win but will be tough, what would be sweeter more then anything is shutting up all the nonsensical kell brook fans and casuals who are beyond ignorant people, they put over Kells resume as being superior to Khan, always say that Khan is ducking Brook and that he's had the better career then Khan thus far. If Khan can defeat him he'd acheive godly status in the UK because Kell is overly hyped and Khan is overly underated/hated, he may just finally win a bit of love from the treachourous British fans.

[MENTION=94399]Speedster1[/MENTION]

Beyond me how anyone can hate this legend :)) wish boxing had more characters like him and to be honest much of what he has said is true with regards to promoters, it's so easy to label English as the bad guy

Am really excited for the launch of ITV Boxing PPV platform which will be spearheaded by Chris Eubank jr, it's great for the sport here in the UK and has huge potential given the millions of fans which the channel is able to reach. Eubank is scheduled to face Renold Quinlan for the IBO super middleweight world title on the ITV PPV which will be launched in February.

Am really excited for the launch of ITV Boxing PPV platform which will be spearheaded by Chris Eubank jr, it's great for the sport here in the UK and has huge potential given the millions of fans which the channel is able to reach. Eubank is scheduled to face Renold Quinlan for the IBO super middleweight world title on the ITV PPV which will be launched in February.

Take this back rumour has it the cost of the event would be £20 which is ridiculous :)) ideally it should be free to air

Take this back rumour has it the cost of the event would be £20 which is ridiculous :)) ideally it should be free to air

It has now been confirmed that the ITV PPV event which will be headlined by Chris Eubank jr vs Quinlan for the IBO world title will cost £12.95, the undercard will feature David Price (vs Christian Hammer in an heavyweight title eliminator bout) and Kid Galahad (vs Oleg Yefimovych in an IBF world title eliminator).

Other fights on the show such as the middleweight clash between Adam Etches (20-1, 17 KOs) vs John Ryder (23-3, 12 KOs) will be on free to air tv on ITV4. £13 quid is still a bit too much in my opinion, £5-7 would have been a bit more appropriate if they were hell bent on having the fight on PPV. It's a start though, hopefully the platform is successful and provides better cards in the future.

To be fair overall the card which has been put together is pretty decent, it's not PPV worthy however but It can be forgiven for now given that it's a new venture. They're going to make use of Eddie Hearns PPV model it seems, they want the casuals to get behind Eubank in the same manner they got behind AJ; if Eubank becomes the draw then his opponent quality becomes irrelevant and building a solid undercard would justify the PPV value overall in their view

Big fight in the early hours of Sunday here in the UK live on Sky, for the lineal undisputed unified SMW championship James Degale vs Badou Jack, genuine super fight between the no.1 and no.2 in the division. Degale never gets enough credit for how good he is and Jack had fallen under the radar but has made a sensational comeback after being stopped Brutally not so long ago. At their best you can argue it's a 50-50 fight but I just feel like Degale unorthodox style, speed and skill will be too much for Jack in the end, James power is also a bit underrated. Should be a great fight!

Back