Boxing Thread

I thought both boxers went in half hearted. Danny was too flat footed, Thurman looked classy.

I wouldn't say so, you have two world class elite welterweights at 147 so their ought to be a little bit of caution in certain portions when the best faces the best, it's what separates them from the other names. Great fight overall, it was a chess match but with more then enough action to make it a compelling contest. No half heart on either side, both fighters desperately wanted to win; boxing is not about throwing the kitchen sink, that's not "heart" it's stupidity which can get you KO'd. Boxing is a science, you adjust based on your opponents style, work out their weaknesses and then exploit them; fighters make it look a bit easy in there at times but trust me it's anything but easy.

Everyone one says that about Garcia, yes he is flat footed but his style makes up for it given that the man is a counter puncher; he stood in their with Thurman punch to punch. Keith looked great when applying pressure but he didn't want to risk fighting on the inside so he'd mostly dance on his back foot off his jab but his work rate was very deceiving when Garcia's punches were a lot cleaner in my opinion.

In such a close fight when it can go either way depending on what the judges prefer, can't really argue with a split decision win

Last edited:
Great fight.

So regardless off the Amir v Manny outcome if that fight actually materialised, Amir is the mandatory to face Keith Thurman; what do you think of that fight? Amir KING Khan vs Keith ONE TIME Thurman :yk3 Pretty sure Amir will end up taking it, both fighters have Al Haymon as their adviser/promoter; very few obstacles in place to make the contest happen

I wouldn't say so, you have two world class elite welterweights at 147 so their ought to be a little bit of caution in certain portions when the best faces the best, it's what separates them from the other names. Great fight overall, it was a chess match but with more then enough action to make it a compelling contest. No half heart on either side, both fighters desperately wanted to win; boxing is not about throwing the kitchen sink, that's not "heart" it's stupidity which can get you KO'd. Boxing is a science, you adjust based on your opponents style, work out their weaknesses and then exploit them; fighters make it look a bit easy in there at times but trust me it's anything but easy.

Everyone one says that about Garcia, yes he is flat footed but his style makes up for it given that the man is a counter puncher; he stood in their with Thurman punch to punch. Keith looked great when applying pressure but he didn't want to risk fighting on the inside so he'd mostly dance on his back foot off his jab but his work rate was very deceiving when Garcia's punches were a lot cleaner in my opinion.

In such a close fight when it can go either way depending on what the judges prefer, can't really argue with a split decision win

Also, Keith ran too much for my liking; Garcia landed the more effective counter punches imo

@Amijid Javed your thoughts on Thurman v Garcia :mv I know what you're going to say, I am ready :yk

Some fights to look forward to in the coming months:

Crolla v Linares 2

Joshua v Wladmir

Brook v Spence

Khan v Manny (potentially, not confirmed)

So regardless off the Amir v Manny outcome if that fight actually materialised, Amir is the mandatory to face Keith Thurman; what do you think of that fight? Amir KING Khan vs Keith ONE TIME Thurman :yk3 Pretty sure Amir will end up taking it, both fighters have Al Haymon as their adviser/promoter; very few obstacles in place to make the contest happen
Depends on the Amir we see against Manny.

Some fights to look forward to in the coming months:

Crolla v Linares 2

Joshua v Wladmir

Brook v Spence

Khan v Manny (potentially, not confirmed)

You forgot about Golovkin V jacobs!

@Amijid Javed your thoughts on Thurman v Garcia :mv I know what you're going to say, I am ready :yk

I thought Thurman fought an excellent fight, The fast pace he started with threw garcia off guard and i was impressed by Thurmans combination punching and power shots early on in the fight. Garcia did make some adjustments as fight went on but it was to late then and thurman had built up a good lead in the fight. Thurman used his intelligence to stay out of harms way for last few rounds and yes it was abit negative but if thats how you have to close out a fight then so be it. Much deserved loss for Garcia as hes won a few dodgy fights in past he didnt deserve. Thurman right now is clearly best fighter in the division.

I thought Thurman fought an excellent fight, The fast pace he started with threw garcia off guard and i was impressed by Thurmans combination punching and power shots early on in the fight. Garcia did make some adjustments as fight went on but it was to late then and thurman had built up a good lead in the fight. Thurman used his intelligence to stay out of harms way for last few rounds and yes it was abit negative but if thats how you have to close out a fight then so be it. Much deserved loss for Garcia as hes won a few dodgy fights in past he didnt deserve. Thurman right now is clearly best fighter in the division.

You are proving to be a bandwagon fan who tends to be swayed by the popular vote, very hypocritical Amjid :)) I can bring up your old posts claiming that Canelo Alvarez defeated Miguel Cotto :yk; Alvarez and Garcia are similar in vein, both are flat footed but they make up for it with their effective counter punching. Thurman fought just like Cotto did on that night but you advocated Alvarez as the victor. I think perception is everything, the perception is that Thurman is generally the better boxer overall so we'd score heavily in favor of him given the trickery of perception. But if we look at the fight a bit objectively then we'd see that Keith gave away majority of the rounds in the second half, Garcia adjusted, his pressure and effective counter punching and cleaner work overall won him the fight in my opinion and one of the judges saw it that way to. Thurman started well early on but then when Garcia adjusted he ran for most of the fight and missed a lot of what he threw, that's no way to become a unified champion; that too when Keith allegedly is in search of glory and winning respect from the fans. The WBC belt was handed to him, he did not BEAT Garcia even with his little SD win.

Can't wait for Amir Khan to expose Keith.

Last edited:
You forgot about Golovkin V jacobs!

Top fight that! forgot to include it, good deal on boxnation in this month for those who bought it for this month. 2 top fights in Thurman/Garcia and GGG/Jacobs for 12 quid is a steal!

Amir Khan would get knocked out clean by thurman. No point thurman wasting his time entertaining such a fight.

Amir Khan would get knocked out clean by thurman. No point thurman wasting his time entertaining such a fight.

Yeah that's what Floyd and Thurman would say and their fan girls because they would get EMBARRASSED by Amir so prefer to DUCK him instead.

Some Breaking news from yesterday! Tyson Fury will return to Boxing soon! allegedly in May! the TRUE Heavyweight KING, not the hype machines which gullible casuals worship

Finally managed to watch the fights.

Haye - Bellew was a disgrace, the fight should never have gone ahead. People have been mugged out of money when one fighter was clearly seriously injured. Both are not elite fighters anyway.

Thurman v Garcia was a great fight. I felt Thurman's tactics were spot on, using lateral movement and great combinations. Amir Khan should have walked over Garcia who is really flat footed and I agree with Shaz, Khan in any kind of form would easily outbox Thurman too.

Amir v Pacquio is officially off. Pac camp don't want the fight.

Finally managed to watch the fights.

Haye - Bellew was a disgrace, the fight should never have gone ahead. People have been mugged out of money when one fighter was clearly seriously injured. Both are not elite fighters anyway.

Thurman v Garcia was a great fight. I felt Thurman's tactics were spot on, using lateral movement and great combinations. Amir Khan should have walked over Garcia who is really flat footed and I agree with Shaz, Khan in any kind of form would easily outbox Thurman too.

Haye has said repeatedly after the fight stated that it was a freak injury in the ring and that his check ups prior to the fight were just a precaution to check if his shoulder was all good, the shoulder has been the most injury prone in recent times for him. He was out of action for 4 years or so and in that time suffered numerous injuries so his fitness in this fight was bound to get exposed when he wasn't battle tested or hardened. So from that perspective you could say that they were somewhat evenly matched up until the point where Haye became a one legged man during round 6.

But folk such as Frank Warren have suggested that Haye legitimately had some kind of injury before the fight as well but this has not been confirmed, I think that Haye was never going to pull out because in the past he got a lot of stick for pulling out of fights and there was a lot on the line including his reputation given how team Bellew had done everything to question his heart and desire, plus Haye's son (Cassius Clay) was watching him ringside as well and Haye said he was never going to quit due to him as well.

Haye I'd say is borderline ellite, from the mid 2000's onwards I don't think there is a single British fighter (outside Tyson Fury beating Wladmir) who has a better win then Haye's over Mormek for the lineal CW undisputed world championship, he cleaned house at CW and beat the top 5 ranked fighters in the division at the time before moving to HW where he didn't quiet fulfil his potential, he had all the tools to beat Wladmir but couldn't get the job done and the famous toe was blamed. Then he'd come out of retirement for a grudge match vs Chisora who was on a career high after a fantastic showing vs Vitali and going 12 rounds with him, then David Haye would KO him like it was nothing despite being a "big cruserweight" the other HW's in the division could not manage to KO Chisora but Haye did that in just 5 rounds. No questioning the fact that he has dynamic/elite power.

Vs Tony Bellew I did not see the Haye of old, he was winning the fight up until the 6th for me but the evasiveness and movement were not there, I put it down to age getting the better of him but there's a chance it may also have been due to an injury. It's a shame that Haye has been suffering from all these injuries because a big chunk of his prime years have been lost.

Bellew has that great win against Makabu and that's about it, you could probably include Cleverly on his list of high profile wins to but he also lost to him; he has never shy'd from facing the best either so I give him credit for that, stepped into the ring with Stevenson despite some issues he was having at the time.

I mean on the surface I felt Haye v Bellew was a mismatch and I'd never pay for it but you have to admit it was a great fight and the drama was exceptional. Thurman/Garcia was great to but I hated it when Keith began to coast and run, he threw a lot of punches but not all of them connected or had as much effect on Garcia in the final stages which is why I gave the fight to Danny but you can't argue with the SD win for Keith.

Khan/Manny looks to be off, the offer from the UAE turned out to be another nigerian scam :)) it sounds to me that Top Rank officials were only willing to fight Amir for a very large large amount of money so he wins even in the worst case scenario because if you think about it, they could easily arrange a fight against Khan in the US or UK and it would still do really well financially mind you! but Arum is very protective of his fighters.

I hope Manny pulls some strings to get the fight made, get the sense that he wants to face Khan and give the fans what they want. The Amir fight can still be made for November/December, Manny tends to fight twice a year and Arum is looking at a date in June or July for his next fight.

Haye had the perfect excuse to pull out the fight if the rumours were true but he still continued and then he had the perfect excuse for his corner to throw in the towel when he suffered the injury but on both accounts he continued and I respect the bravery despite how stupid it was; unreal how he managed to stand on one leg, the other thing is [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] he probably still believed he could KO Bellew on one leg :))) and tbh it wasn't out o question :yk stranger things have happened in boxing and beware of the wounded tiger! he could still put some weight on his left leg to throw that hook.

Also did you see how Bellew mugged Eddie Hearn off? that was priceless :))) Hearn is such a damn tool he was going overboard with his celebrations and Tony pushed him away because it was disrespectful, even Tony didn't go crazy in celebration it would have been stupid because essentially he beat a man on one leg who had not fought in a big fight for 4 years

Last edited:
<div id="selectorElement" style="width:560px;height:400px;">
<script data-cfasync="false" id="EboundAd" type="text/javascript" src="//eboundservices.com/ads/ads.js" width="560px" height="400px"></script>
</div>

[MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] :yk2

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair play Bob to bob [MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] Fair play! Calling it how it is, KEITH ran like a CHICKEN! bigger CHICKEN then that COWARD Floyd. Boxing has been set back another 20 years thanks to this selfish fighter in Thurman.

Thurman during the Garcia fight (probably would do the same if he ever makes the silly choice to fight Amir):

giphy.gif

Fair play Bob to bob [MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] Fair play! Calling it how it is, KEITH ran like a CHICKEN! bigger CHICKEN then that COWARD Floyd. Boxing has been set back another 20 years thanks to this selfish fighter in Thurman.

Thurman during the Garcia fight (probably would do the same if he ever makes the silly choice to fight Amir):

giphy.gif

Come to think of it, in that pic of chickens running we got Kell Brook right at the front and behind him we have Floyd, Manny, Keith Thurman, Danny Garcia and Timothy Bradley all running away from Amir [MENTION=131867]London_Lahori[/MENTION] :)))

Come to think of it, in that pic of chickens running we got Kell Brook right at the front and behind him we have Floyd, Manny, Keith Thurman, Danny Garcia and Timothy Bradley all running away from Amir [MENTION=131867]London_Lahori[/MENTION] :)))
:))) Lololol. Manny like Floyd don't want none of that. Too fast for em.

:))) Lololol. Manny like Floyd don't want none of that. Too fast for em.

Jokes aside it's legitimately true, regardless of what we think of Amir's chances the said fighters have ducked him many a time. Team garcia have been unwilling to give Khan a rematch for years, Timothy Bradley has avoided Khan despite constant calls to fight Amir, Manny has had the chance many a time to but has chosen inferior opposition and Floyd ducked Khan twice; first after Khan's impressive performance against Alexander which put him off I believe Khan was the mandatory at that time as well and then after the Manny fight when he chose to face Berto instead when Khan was the most logical fight for him available from a financial point of view, Floyd/Berto did something like 400K buys

@Cheif Destroyer Tyson Fury is coming back!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I'm taking on all bums, <br>Keep my belts warm guys as they belong to the king &#55357;&#56401; who ever got my belts I'm coming for you! Big or small.&#55358;&#56650;</p>— TYSON2FASTFURY (@Tyson_Fury) <a href="https://twitter.com/Tyson_Fury/status/838833933081063425">6 March 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

:akhtar

Not really sure what kind of shape he is in mentally or physically though :)) He called out Bellew, it actually wouldn't be a bad fight for Tyson as his first fight upon comeback to get into the swing of things.

The alphabet titles have been taken off him but Tyson still holds the lineal and Ring Magazine HW titles which are the most prestigious in the division.

<div id="selectorElement" style="width:560px;height:400px;">
<script data-cfasync="false" id="EboundAd" type="text/javascript" src="//eboundservices.com/ads/ads.js" width="560px" height="400px"></script>
</div>

awwww

[MENTION=131867]London_Lahori[/MENTION] [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION]

Last edited by a moderator:
@Cheif Destroyer Tyson Fury is coming back!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I'm taking on all bums, <br>Keep my belts warm guys as they belong to the king �� who ever got my belts I'm coming for you! Big or small.��</p>— TYSON2FASTFURY (@Tyson_Fury) <a href="https://twitter.com/Tyson_Fury/status/838833933081063425">6 March 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

:akhtar

Not really sure what kind of shape he is in mentally or physically though :)) He called out Bellew, it actually wouldn't be a bad fight for Tyson as his first fight upon comeback to get into the swing of things.
Hilarious guy but not a fan of his. Lacks punching power for a guy his size. Good smart boxer though.

Hilarious guy but not a fan of his. Lacks punching power for a guy his size. Good smart boxer though.

Yeah that's not his strength but enough to cause problems, wouldn't call him feather fisted but he makes up for that department with his brain, skill and lateral movement. The way he fought Wladmir, don't think any other HW would stand a chance vs that Tyson, he was in amazing shape to. Wilder could possibly KO him if he caught him flush, Wilder has so many flaws but dynamic power which always tends to bail him out; Fury on the other hand is great at neutralizing your strengths, it's a really interesting match up would love to see it. Hopefully he gets back to his best.

The two fights I really look forward to in the coming months:

Wladmir v AJ

Spence v Brook (This could be a potential fight of the year candidate)

I've read reports that Khan has folk still trying to get the fight with manny made in the "UAE" :facepalm: they should give that nigerian scam a rest and look to negotiating the fight in another country although Manny/Arum may not be willing to risk it

Yeah that's not his strength but enough to cause problems, wouldn't call him feather fisted but he makes up for that department with his brain, skill and lateral movement. The way he fought Wladmir, don't think any other HW would stand a chance vs that Tyson, he was in amazing shape to. Wilder could possibly KO him if he caught him flush, Wilder has so many flaws but dynamic power which always tends to bail him out; Fury on the other hand is great at neutralizing your strengths, it's a really interesting match up would love to see it. Hopefully he gets back to his best.

The two fights I really look forward to in the coming months:

Wladmir v AJ

Spence v Brook (This could be a potential fight of the year candidate)

I've read reports that Khan has folk still trying to get the fight with manny made in the "UAE" :facepalm: they should give that nigerian scam a rest and look to negotiating the fight in another country although Manny/Arum may not be willing to risk it

From the boxers left, not many would be willing to fight Khan. He'd have to wait another 6 months to get a marquee fight.

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION]

Spot on analyis on the recent fights. I just think Haye is way past it, he would get destroyed by the likes of Joshua or Wilder. He should retire now.

Glad to see Fury is coming back, after such a great victory of Vlad it would be disapointing if we didn't see much more of him.

Khan V Pac was never going to happen it;s clear now. It's time Khan stopped messing around sorted his career out, he's wasting his talent with bravado and lack of action in the ring.

Spot on analyis on the recent fights. I just think Haye is way past it, he would get destroyed by the likes of Joshua or Wilder. He should retire now.

Glad to see Fury is coming back, after such a great victory of Vlad it would be disapointing if we didn't see much more of him.

Khan V Pac was never going to happen it;s clear now. It's time Khan stopped messing around sorted his career out, he's wasting his talent with bravado and lack of action in the ring.

Haye is definitely past his peak but am not sure if he is completely done just yet, this could be a blessing in disguise in terms of working harder on his fitness. Hard to judge his prospects because it was his first top fight in 4 years, apparently went into the fight with an injury as well and the camp was not great either; despite everything against him and not being even a shadow of himself he was winning the fight until round 6, he seemed off in general because even by his standards it was unusual to see him make school boy errors like throw brainless power punching without setting them up. In contrast despite the bad blood with Chisora he was so ice cool in that fight and fought exceptionally well with a proper game plan. I think Joshua is very unproven, thus far all he has done in his career is beat bum after bum; he will surely improve and get better but this fight vs an aging Wladmir has come at the right time for him. Watching him in his previous fights like the one vs Dominic Brezeal (aka punching bag) I felt if Haye fought the way he did vs Chisora he'd take out AJ within 3 rounds, ? on AJ's chin as well and apparently he is dropped in sparring frequently, rumours which AJ has not denied by the way but has basically stated that he believes in a fighters code where what happens in sparring should stay in the ring. Wilder is someone I rate very highly, he can box when he wants to see his fight vs Stiverene and always bank on his dynamic power to bail him out in the worst circumstances.

Fury obviously is the no.1 HW for beating the man, I hope he returns to his best. He doesn't really have a management team a proper one Amir, it was moronic to fight Canelo but no one stopped that not even his old man and prior to that so much time was wasted chasing Floyd. Amir will be fighting soon at some point, he is back at training; don't think he is ready for a big fight next tbh needs a tune up, take a look at him post a tweet of him running up a hill; looked very slow and ponderous, bit fat as well. He needs to sort his head out and have a proper professional team around him, if not then just retire because you can't go into a ring at 50% he has suffered some brutal KO's don't want to see something bad happen; Ricky Hatton is worried about him as well

[MENTION=132916]Junaids[/MENTION] Tyson Fury is a Manchester native :yk2 it all makes sense now :))) He is making a return by the way, was so gutted when his fight was called off last year; Wladmir v Fury was a huge super fight

[MENTION=132916]Junaids[/MENTION] Tyson Fury is a Manchester native :yk2 it all makes sense now :))) He is making a return by the way, was so gutted when his fight was called off last year; Wladmir v Fury was a huge super fight

I actually had tickets for the Fury fight. I was gutted too.

He's a Manchester native, sure. And while Wythenshawe is only three miles from where I'm from, let's just say that his Irish Gypsy background makes him a bit different!

I was on a train in Adelaide when Fury won the world title. I'd gone to watch the first ever Day/Night Test, and was with a friend visiting relatives in the morning before play resumed.

I followed it on my phone and went absolutely bananas as the fight progressed!

I actually had tickets for the Fury fight. I was gutted too.

He's a Manchester native, sure. And while Wythenshawe is only three miles from where I'm from, let's just say that his Irish Gypsy background makes him a bit different!

I was on a train in Adelaide when Fury won the world title. I'd gone to watch the first ever Day/Night Test, and was with a friend visiting relatives in the morning before play resumed.

I followed it on my phone and went absolutely bananas as the fight progressed!

I bought tickets as well am a big fan of the lad think he is a unique character the sport needs! had to send them back :( being a psychiatrist what do you make of his personal demons? do you feel a year on he is healthy? Also, his gypsy background also tends to get a fair amount of abuse and coping with the high of the greatest boxing victory in the 2000's by a british fighter has not been easy being someone who has been purely motivated by achievements rather then money

Me too! I was so nervous watching it live felt that perhaps a little bit of shady judging in germany would give Wladmir the win but when he was announced as the new champion I went crazy! I never felt like that before even when Amir Khan (another Manchester native! this is so annoying!!!! I hate you junaids :mv :)) ) defeated Marcos Maidana!

Last edited:
I don't think there's much wrong with him mentally. Lots of sportsmen respond to success by eating and drinking and bonking too much, and he did that. I think he realised too late that he was going to have to take (illegal) short cuts to get fit for the rematch, and it backfired. He calls that "depression"

If he works hard, he may well get back to the top. But he claimed to weigh 25 stone a couple of days ago, so he has a lot of work to do.

I love ITV's "Mavericks" series - I've seen the football ones and the snooker one. Fury is a lot like the rest of them.

I'd no idea you were coming to the Manchester fight - which happened to be when I was visiting. We must catch up if we overlap like that again!

I don't think there's much wrong with him mentally. Lots of sportsmen respond to success by eating and drinking and bonking too much, and he did that. I think he realised too late that he was going to have to take (illegal) short cuts to get fit for the rematch, and it backfired. He calls that "depression"

If he works hard, he may well get back to the top. But he claimed to weigh 25 stone a couple of days ago, so he has a lot of work to do.

I love ITV's "Mavericks" series - I've seen the football ones and the snooker one. Fury is a lot like the rest of them.

I'd no idea you were coming to the Manchester fight - which happened to be when I was visiting. We must catch up if we overlap like that again!

That's good news, I hope he can get back to his best! yeah he is 25 stones :))) don't think he will be returning any time soon but so long he is working on a return that's the most important thing. Yeah I always felt he is a very strong lad mentally but you're right that's one of the ways to deal with success isn't it, definitely! I didn't know either, never knew you were a boxing fan! Should have known better, don't know of a Brit who doesn't enjoy a good old fashioned brawl :akhtar

I find Boxing hard to follow in this Pay Per View era.

In the old days we all watched every Eubank/Benn/Watson fight, or Herol Graham or whoever. But now I miss most big fights, which is a shame.

In the old days we all watched every Eubank/Benn/Watson fight, or Herol Graham or whoever. But now I miss most big fights, which is a shame.

I find boxing is going the wwe way with over the top hype and antics before the fight.... maybe because of the pressure to sell due to pay per view.

I find boxing is going the wwe way with over the top hype and antics before the fight.... maybe because of the pressure to sell due to pay per view.

The truly great eras of televised boxing relied upon the recycling of reliable action fighters, rather than throwing them into the trash heap and rolling out unproven commodities. The golden era of televised boxing in the 1950s and early 1960s featured names like Gaspar Ortega, Ralph Tiger Jones and Florentino Fernandez. All of them came up short at various times in their careers against the best in the world, but would continue to fight on television against other reputable fighters sometimes losing, sometimes even by knockout, but always in exciting fashion.

Matchmakers knew they were worth fans money, and worth the precious weekly airtime. In today's suppressed televised boxing economy, in which HBO/Sky is rolling out fewer and fewer non-PPV events, who else would you rather see when a card actually does air? For the time being, many of the sport's major stars have priced themselves out of a regular show.

The other problem is the lack of heart and drive to achieve greatness, you will often see fighters in the likeness of Kell Brook who are paper world champions with padded records; gone are the days where fighters did not duck a challenge, fought the best and went toe to toe in order to entertain fans and strive for immortality; the sport could really do with more Amir Khans and David Lemieux's who are a throwback in this day and age.

[MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] your prediction?

It will be GGG's toughest challenge at MW without a doubt, both fighters are no.1 and no.2 at 160 for me. The more I think about it I feel as if am not giving Jacobs enough respect

This lad got a big future ahead of him.

Another one to look out for is Gervonta Davis, mature beyond his years.

giphy.gif

Wow I've never seen someone who knows so little about boxing. Either that or you're a deluded khan ******😂😂. Keith Thurman would KNOCK khan CLEAN OUT. And Kell never ran away from khan. He is desperate for the khan fight. Khan had disgraced himself by running from brook for over 2 years now

Don't get me wrong. Khan is a world class fighter and I can't see anyone (apart from maybe spence) outboxing khan and beating him on points. Only way to beat khan is to knock him out and that's why I believe he can beat Manny and mayweather too. He also beats elite fighters like Bradley. However Thurman has really good power and I believe he will catch khan with a big shot within 12 rounds to KO him. Khan will be winning the fight when he is stopped by Thurman. I predicted the same for the canelo fight (although obviously canelo is a monster compared to Thurman and khan was mental to take that fight).

Outside Thurman, Spence and MAYBE brook khan probably beats them all.

I remember one point in 2014 it looked like khan had got the mayweather fight and I was so excited. I believe he has a great chance to beat Floyd

Don't get me wrong. Khan is a world class fighter and I can't see anyone (apart from maybe spence) outboxing khan and beating him on points. Only way to beat khan is to knock him out and that's why I believe he can beat Manny and mayweather too. He also beats elite fighters like Bradley. However Thurman has really good power and I believe he will catch khan with a big shot within 12 rounds to KO him. Khan will be winning the fight when he is stopped by Thurman. I predicted the same for the canelo fight (although obviously canelo is a monster compared to Thurman and khan was mental to take that fight).

Outside Thurman, Spence and MAYBE brook khan probably beats them all.

I remember one point in 2014 it looked like khan had got the mayweather fight and I was so excited. I believe he has a great chance to beat Floyd

Can't disagree with you, yeah in 2014 he looked invincible vs Alexander and that performance put Mayweather off :))

ooft that is a bold prediction. GGG has one of the best chins in the business...sometimes it even seems like he deliberately allows himself to get hit

It is no doubt the best chin in boxing, yeah he did that against Kell Brook treated it as a sparring session :)) he can box behind a solid jab, his boxing ability is not bad at all many mistake him for a pure puncher but he's an olympian with solid fundamentals.

ooft that is a bold prediction. GGG has one of the best chins in the business...sometimes it even seems like he deliberately allows himself to get hit

Ring walk should be 3am UK time right? arggh in two minds whether to stay up or not, it will be a great fight

It is no doubt the best chin in boxing, yeah he did that against Kell Brook treated it as a sparring session :)) he can box behind a solid jab, his boxing ability is not bad at all many mistake him for a pure puncher but he's an olympian with solid fundamentals.

Yeah he is a great all round boxer, not just a puncher. Thats why he is so hard to beat, the power also means opponents are less inclined to take chances against him

Ring walk should be 3am UK time right? arggh in two minds whether to stay up or not, it will be a great fight

You got to stay up for it man!! Yeah ring walk should be anytime between 3 and 4 am depending on the undercards. So I dont have to stay up for as long as I usually have to for the american fights. Chocolatito is on the undercard I think too

I did expect GGG to win but felt Jacobs would be competitive, what swayed me towards GGG was the hype train I began to believe in it like others despite the fact that GGG has not really been tested by an excellent fighter at 160 so for long I had been skeptical about his aura of invincibility.

But I should have stuck to my guns! GGG is another hype job in boxing, he is no where near as good as you people have made him out to be and for all the criticisms folk in this thread gave me for being skeptical about his aura now you know why I did not have as much faith in this guy until he proved himself against a worthy challenger.

On this day, Triple G was no match for THE MIRACLE MAN; after all he beat Cancer, GGG was never going to be as big a challenge. Jacobs displayed incredible heart to respond in emphatic fashion after the flash knockdown, GGG looked very one dimensional out there he simply had no answer for Jacobs speed and fantastic movement (boxed beautifully at range with his jab); then in the second half he'd come on even stronger making GGG miss and countering with shots which forced GGG to back off. His chin was tremendous, he took the best GGG had to offer and was never really hurt in the fight barring a couple of instances; GGG just didn't work in the fight his best rounds were 4 and 9 but other then that he was dominated.

I scored the fight in favour of Jacobs 115-112 and it was a daylight robbery, given how GGG/Canelo is expected to draw big numbers in the future it is of no surprise that GGG's 0 has been protected thanks to corrupt practices.

Both Canelo and GGG are no where near as good as they are, Canelo has fought superior opposition and struggled against the likes of Trout, Lara and Cotto; and it is not arguable that he lost at least 2 of those fights while one of them could have gone either way. Even during the Khan fight, the judges had him ahead! just goes to show you the dark side of Boxing.

Golden Boy will be licking their lips after watching GGG performance so I guess the saving grace is that Canelo/GGG will face each other in the near future.

But for now lets celebrate Jacobs and what he accomplished, a star is born; I doubt a rematch will be offered to him but that's fine, he will become world champion regardless.

Last edited:
I did expect GGG to win but felt Jacobs would be competitive, what swayed me towards GGG was the hype train I began to believe in it like others despite the fact that GGG has not really been tested by an excellent fighter at 160 so for long I had been skeptical about his aura of invincibility.

But I should have stuck to my guns! GGG is another hype job in boxing, he is no where near as good as you people have made him out to be and for all the criticisms folk in this thread gave me for being skeptical about his aura now you know why I did not have as much faith in this guy until he proved himself against a worthy challenger.

On this day, Triple G was no match for THE MIRACLE MAN; after all he beat Cancer, GGG was never going to be as big a challenge. Jacobs displayed incredible heart to respond in emphatic fashion after the flash knockdown, GGG looked very one dimensional out there he simply had no answer for Jacobs speed and fantastic movement (boxed beautifully at range with his jab); then in the second half he'd come on even stronger making GGG miss and countering with shots which forced GGG to back off. His chin was tremendous, he took the best GGG had to offer and was never really hurt in the fight barring a couple of instances; GGG just didn't work in the fight his best rounds were 4 and 9 but other then that he was dominated.

I scored the fight in favour of Jacobs 115-112 and it was a daylight robbery, given how GGG/Canelo is expected to draw big numbers in the future it is of no surprise that GGG's 0 has been protected thanks to corrupt practices.

Both Canelo and GGG are no where near as good as they are, Canelo has fought superior opposition and struggled against the likes of Trout, Lara and Cotto; and it is not arguable that he lost at least 2 of those fights while one of them could have gone either way. Even during the Khan fight, the judges had him ahead! just goes to show you the dark side of Boxing.

Golden Boy will be licking their lips after watching GGG performance so I guess the saving grace is that Canelo/GGG will face each other in the near future.

But for now lets celebrate Jacobs and what he accomplished, a star is born; I doubt a rematch will be offered to him but that's fine, he will become world champion regardless.

Was a close fight. I thought Jacobs won it by a round or 2.

Unfair to call GGG a hypejob. He has been destroying world class opposition for years now. I agree he has not faced anyone who is elite but apart from canelo who really is elite at 160?

It could just be that GGG had a bad night or Jacobs put up an amazing performance he will never be able to repeat or a combination of them both. I cant call GGG a hype job based on 1 fight after he has been destroying world class opposition for so many years.

Was a close fight. I thought Jacobs won it by a round or 2.

Unfair to call GGG a hypejob. He has been destroying world class opposition for years now. I agree he has not faced anyone who is elite but apart from canelo who really is elite at 160?

It could just be that GGG had a bad night or Jacobs put up an amazing performance he will never be able to repeat or a combination of them both. I cant call GGG a hype job based on 1 fight after he has been destroying world class opposition for so many years.

He is a damn hype job I get that you can only beat what is put before you but he is not the GOD people make him out to be, now we've seen what he is when it comes to his true worth when faced with a real challenger not those bums that he'd KO even without a training camp. Many rated Kell Brook as his best opponent until now for gods sake :facepalm: the MW division is not strong. He is world class but not an elite fighter until he proves it.

GGG simply couldn't physically dominate a guy who came into the ring a lot bigger then him and had advantage in size and height, he just couldn't adapt to the speed, movement, evasiveness and counters of Jacobs. He looked like a very headless chicken in there on autopilot coming forward and missing that's what happens when you face an opponent with a superior in-ring IQ, sure he looked smarter against dumber fighters like David Leimeux who do nothing but swing at you without setting any traps.

Last edited:
Good to see a boxing section on here.

As for the big weekend fight, GGG won and did so quite clearly. Jacobs did win some rounds and show some heart. He deserves props for that but he looked to survive and maybe sneak a round, he did not look to win the fight. Even his corner knew that was the case. That was their entire plan.

GGG for his part looked his slowest and its clear that his prime is over.

Good to see a boxing section on here.

As for the big weekend fight, GGG won and did so quite clearly. Jacobs did win some rounds and show some heart. He deserves props for that but he looked to survive and maybe sneak a round, he did not look to win the fight. Even his corner knew that was the case. That was their entire plan.

GGG for his part looked his slowest and its clear that his prime is over.

I thought Jacobs was the clear winner, far faster to the punch, looked a slick boxer overall. GGG looked slow and lumbering in comparison, his punches were missing a lot of the time and he was just ploughing forward in an attempt to impose himself. He was chasing the fight all night.

I thought Jacobs was the clear winner, far faster to the punch, looked a slick boxer overall. GGG looked slow and lumbering in comparison, his punches were missing a lot of the time and he was just ploughing forward in an attempt to impose himself. He was chasing the fight all night.

GGG threw more punches, landed more punches and controlled the pace for 6 or 7 rounds. How does Jacob win a ifght in which he is out landed and out thrown? You just have to listen to Jacobs corner, they were urging him to survive each round, maybe win one. They had no intention of winning the fight. I dont see how any of it was even close to bein ga Jacobs win.

I totally agree with you, it is beyond me on every level how anyone can possibly entertain the idea of GGG winning the fight; he looked like a one dimensional brawler in there and was chasing the fight all night as you say; his best rounds were 4 and 9 where he actually improved his work rate and controlled the pace in those instances; anyone can throw a lot of punches but you need to be effective when you land, Jacobs slick movement ensured GGG was unable to put his punches together and cause any real damage even the knock down was flash due to Jacobs being caught of balance. Jacobs made it look so easy, worked more and caused GGG some serious problems at range and then in the second half forced him on the back foot many a time with his power shots; people seem to think just because you come forward you're winning :)))

Last edited:
GGG threw more punches, landed more punches and controlled the pace for 6 or 7 rounds. How does Jacob win a ifght in which he is out landed and out thrown? You just have to listen to Jacobs corner, they were urging him to survive each round, maybe win one. They had no intention of winning the fight. I dont see how any of it was even close to bein ga Jacobs win.

I did listen to his corner, I don't remember any of that. His corner seemed pretty clued up to me, they were asking him to stay in control, not survive each round. I think you have misinterpreted what they were saying. Jacobs was picking him off pretty nicely. Golovkin did hit him with a few, but then Jacobs was digging GGG with some pretty nasty body shots. These are sometimes overlooked by those who only notice the headshots.

Even the TV commentary team thought Jacobs had won by a couple of rounds, for me it was more like 3-4 rounds. In a close fight though it is always hard to take the belt from the champion, even if he was second best on the night.

I did listen to his corner, I don't remember any of that. His corner seemed pretty clued up to me, they were asking him to stay in control, not survive each round. I think you have misinterpreted what they were saying. Jacobs was picking him off pretty nicely. Golovkin did hit him with a few, but then Jacobs was digging GGG with some pretty nasty body shots. These are sometimes overlooked by those who only notice the headshots.

Even the TV commentary team thought Jacobs had won by a couple of rounds, for me it was more like 3-4 rounds. In a close fight though it is always hard to take the belt from the champion, even if he was second best on the night.

Did you watch the fight on boxnation or HBO? you need to be careful with regards to what the commentators are saying, the HBO ones are heavily biased in favour of fighters which have proven to be big draws; they won't call the action as it is because they'd not be protecting a fighter which ought to do good numbers in the future. GGG v Canelo is expected to do great numbers, plus both fighters often headline HBO PPV's and am not sure if you've seen some of Canelo's previous fights but he too was given immense leeway in battles vs Lara, Trout and Cotto.

However it was refreshing to hear Roy Jones jr favour Jacobs and display a little objectivity, Harrold Lettermans scorecards are a disgrace. Boxnation is generally a very objective platform, their coverage and services are of a high quality.

You know even if I give GGG the swing rounds I still have him up by a point or two on my scorecards but officially it was 115-112 in favour of Jacobs from my end.

Same here, the Jacobs corner did not urge him to SURVIVE they'd give him a slap on the wrist when he'd slack a little bit with regards to his use of the jab which was generally beautiful throughout the fight. It was not even one of those fights which I can say, you know what it could have gone either way the fight was close but it bothers me when a guy who is dominant doesn't get the decision. Yep the body shots were great, one of the advices from the corner repeatedly was to "go down and up" it was a ploy which took the wind out of GGG and given Jacobs size GGG could not physically impose himself like he normally is able to and it was also due to Jacobs in-ring IQ

I guess if you watched on Boxnation then yeah but those guys are about as clued in as a pair of koalas in the antarctic.

As for his team, they kept telling him to "finesse" which in their term means to sruvive and thats what Jacobs did. I give him a lot of credit for that and in all honesty, this was a clear win as most publications have it as a win for GGG too. It doesnt really merit this much discussion.

I guess if you watched on Boxnation then yeah but those guys are about as clued in as a pair of koalas in the antarctic.

As for his team, they kept telling him to "finesse" which in their term means to sruvive and thats what Jacobs did. I give him a lot of credit for that and in all honesty, this was a clear win as most publications have it as a win for GGG too. It doesnt really merit this much discussion.

No offence but that would best describe your posts on boxing thus far, it indeed does not merit this much discussion when Jacobs was the CLEAR winner or do you feel like you have more knowledge on the sport then Roy Jones jr? Only a blind man or folk with ulterior motives who need to protect a PPV draw would deem the one dimensional GGG the victor.

Last edited:
No offence but that would best describe your posts on boxing thus far, it indeed does not merit this much discussion when Jacobs was the CLEAR winner or do you feel like you have more knowledge on the sport then Roy Jones jr? Only a blind man or folk with ulterior motives who need to protect a PPV draw would deem the one dimensional GGG the victor.

Roy Jones during the Provodnikov fight labelled Bradley the most athletic fighter he had ever seen...that tells you something as Bradley was getting pummelled in the face like a heavy bag.

At the end of the day, people whose job it is to watch boxing and score it, sports writers from most major publications score the bout for GGG. I'm sure there were a couple that scored it for Jacobs but not the majority.

;Like I said, this is a contrived controversy, there is no basis for Jacobs having won the fight. You know what the facts state? GGG threw more punches and landed more punches that Jacobs. Simple as that. Jacobs own reaction at the end and his puffed up face was evidence of that.

Roy Jones during the Provodnikov fight labelled Bradley the most athletic fighter he had ever seen...that tells you something as Bradley was getting pummelled in the face like a heavy bag.

At the end of the day, people whose job it is to watch boxing and score it, sports writers from most major publications score the bout for GGG. I'm sure there were a couple that scored it for Jacobs but not the majority.

;Like I said, this is a contrived controversy, there is no basis for Jacobs having won the fight. You know what the facts state? GGG threw more punches and landed more punches that Jacobs. Simple as that. Jacobs own reaction at the end and his puffed up face was evidence of that.

So you claim to know more then him? what on earth does that have to do with his analysis for this particular fight, he is the greatest fighter of the 90's decade with intricate knowledge on the sport of boxing.

Their thoughts are subjective, it is easy for sheep to conform to the hype job which is GGG and in fact there were plenty of publications which advocated a Jacobs win in addition to past and present fighters who expressed their disgust at the decision.

There is no basis at all for GGG having won, it was a total domination; he has been exposed for the hype job he has always been; being in the ring with a bigger opponent, higher IQ and one who made great use of evasive movement, slick combinations and power shots whilst countering everything GGG had to offer and making him miss like an amateur; all these factors proved too much for this alleged invincible fighter. This is why GGG was quick to DUCK Andre Ward a while back, he at least understands his limitations so stuck to blowing away bum fighters.

Jacobs knelt in prayer to God with the knowledge that he had won, we all could see this and even the biased HBO pointed it out; I think you should replace your rose tinted GGG glasses :yk3

Last edited:
So you claim to know more then him? what on earth does that have to do with his analysis for this particular fight, he is the greatest fighter of the 90's decade with intricate knowledge on the sport of boxing.

Their thoughts are subjective, it is easy for sheep to conform to the hype job which is GGG and in fact there were plenty of publications which advocated a Jacobs win in addition to past and present fighters who expressed their disgust at the decision.

There is no basis at all for GGG having won, it was a total domination; he has been exposed for the hype job he has always been; being in the ring with a bigger opponent, higher IQ and one who made great use of evasive movement, slick combinations and power shots whilst countering everything GGG had to offer and making him miss like an amateur; all these factors proved too much for this alleged invincible fighter. This is why GGG was quick to DUCK Andre Ward a while back, he at least understands his limitations so stuck to blowing away bum fighters.

Jacobs knelt in prayer to God with the knowledge that he had won, we all could see this and even the biased HBO pointed it out; I think you should replace your rose tinted GGG glasses :yk3

First off, name me 5 major publications that scored the fight for Jacobs.

Second, how can you say theres no justification for GGG winning when the stats show GGG out landed Jacobs and threw more punches. More active and more accurate. Can you ocunter that with your own punch stats?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianm...nnady-golovkin-experts-weigh-in/#472294fb36a3

"

Gennady Golovkin (37-0) escaped Madison Square Garden with a narrow unanimous-decision victory over Daniel Jacobs (32-2). Fans in attendance booed the decision and Golovkin during his post-fight interview.

Golovkin dropped Jacobs in the fourth round, but the latter battled back to win his share of rounds and he earned his respect even in a controversial defeat where he was the clear winner. Many of the rounds could not have gone either way and there's no doubt the misleading knockdown was the difference on at least one judge's scorecard.

I scored the fight 115-112 for Jacobs, but I wouldn't call it a robbery. Many of the rounds were close and the knockdown in the fourth round was clean, so that put Jacobs behind the eight ball. However, I felt he did enough to eclipse the disadvantage.

And here's what other experts had to say about the decision:

Andre Berto: "Hell of a performance by my man [MENTION=4627]Daniel[/MENTION]JacobsTKO much respect to GGG, but thought the miracle man got the job done tonight."

Jimmy: "Jacobs might've gotten the benefit of the doubt for not getting blown out"

Brian Custer: "Don't like the 115-112 score, I thought it was very close. [MENTION=4627]Daniel[/MENTION]JacobsTKO fought one hell of a fight and deserved to win. Congrats @GGGBoxing�� #muchrespect"

LancupBoxing: "Allot of people HBO panel included can't score objectively they score of excitement. GGG didn't do enough to win tonight simple as."

Shane Moseley: "I think Danny Jacob did a hell of a job. I take my hat off to a true champion"

Conor Murphy: "Jacobs had that in the bag for me. Great night of boxing on @boxnationtv. Massively impressed by [MENTION=4627]Daniel[/MENTION]JacobsTKO #GGGJacobs #boxing"

It seems most fighters felt Jacobs deserved the decision while members of the media were either neutral or agreeable with the decision.

"

As far as the consensus is concerned the men who actually understand the sport (being fighters) have favoured Jacobs in addition to a few high profile journalists whilst the remainder have been exposed given the fact that they have never laced a pair of gloves and lack an understanding of boxing.

If one is unable to judge a fight with their own gifts which god has blessed them with then the credible consensus has spoken on who the real victor was so it would be wise to respect their grasp for the sport.

Last edited:
Kell Brook v Errol Spence has been booked for late May!

The 1st press confrence was pretty funny with both trainers getting stuck in with verbals as well, should be a very competitive and exciting fight to watch.

The 1st press confrence was pretty funny with both trainers getting stuck in with verbals as well, should be a very competitive and exciting fight to watch.

:)) Team Spence did their research, said that "Errol is 21-0 and when Kell had the same record his opponents combined losses were 185 which brings me to the present, how on earth did you get here? for someone who has had 35+ fights your record is awful with only one notable win at 147 which is Porter, everyone else was a can outside the loss to GGG" was hilarious but true as well:faf

Should be a great fight, what is your prediction mate?

Next boxing/UFC fight I'm going to watch is either Money vs McGregor, Pacman vs Amir, Bones vs Cormier, or Khabib vs anyone. Whichever comes first. Not interested in anything else.

Back