Boxing Thread

Parker needs to relocate to the US and set up camp there under a better trainer then he has now, i think under a good trainer he could be a big force in the HW division, if he remains as he is then he will struggle

Given his style there's not a lot which can be changed but Freddie Roach is great at making best use of what you have so that would be a good move, what you reckon?

Birmingham's own Kal Yafai makes the first defence of his world title tomorrow! excellent, excellent fighter! I'd say prospect but the man has already over achieved and done a job on a elite flyweight in Conception; no one would have expected him to have dominated so easily but Yafai has always had the pedigree, it was just about proving it when the opportunity came along. Hopefully he improves further and nails that big show down with P4P no.1 Roman Gonzales , I'd definitely attend that!

[MENTION=143163]dildildalwalla[/MENTION] Vijender Singh parts ways with Queensberry Promotions who he claims have not delivered on their obligations, I suspect that there has been a disagreement between the parties when it comes to staging fights in India which has lead to a termination of the contract. India is a market which is yet to be penetrated and it's tough to get world level contenders to make the journey there and financially presents some risk but in the long run there is definitely potential. Anyhow I'd have liked for Vijender to announce himself by dominating the domestic scene in the UK and establishing his pedigree before breaking into India, my guess is that he will use his popularity to make a quick buck in the subcontinent before calling it a day.

His amateur pedigree will always be there but he turned pro too late for my liking and am not sure how serious he is about his career.

he is pretty terrible tbh

he is pretty terrible tbh

Judge him relative to his pro experience and age as well; not just the excellent amateur pedigree. There has to be some talent there to win an Olympic medal, he made a big mistake by going into Bollywood and then regretting his decision before turning pro at the age of 30 (about 4 or 5 years after the Olympic success/inactivity). Could be too late for him now. A boxer of a similar background from across the border in Muhammad Waseem did not make the same mistake, he had an excellent amateur pedigree to and the moment he received an offer to turn pro he took it immediately; his career development thus far has been very smooth.

Judge him relative to his pro experience and age as well; not just the excellent amateur pedigree. There has to be some talent there to win an Olympic medal, he made a big mistake by going into Bollywood and then regretting his decision before turning pro at the age of 30 (about 4 or 5 years after the Olympic success/inactivity). Could be too late for him now. A boxer of a similar background from across the border in Muhammad Waseem did not make the same mistake, he had an excellent amateur pedigree to and the moment he received an offer to turn pro he took it immediately; his career development thus far has been very smooth.

An Olympic medal doesn't automatically mean someone is an exceptional fighter. I'm judging him on what I've seen and there's noway he'd be close to "cleaning out" the domestic scene in the UK. Especially not at 168.

An Olympic medal doesn't automatically mean someone is an exceptional fighter. I'm judging him on what I've seen and there's noway he'd be close to "cleaning out" the domestic scene in the UK. Especially not at 168.

It proves exceptional raw talent, the conversion rate of said Olympic medals into world championships in the pro ranks prove just that but obviously you need to work hard, have a good team around you and take your career seriously; this is where Vijender did not succeed and doesn't look the best fit in the ring. Whether he would clean it out or not is irrelevant, but for his career development it would have been ideal for him to work his way from the bottom in the UK with a solid team around him, if he's giving it a go may as well do it properly and give himself every chance

:)) Fair enough, have you seen Gervonta fight?

Gervonta looks like the real deal. Quick hands, quick feet, sharp reflexes and so young. I'm just worried about his engine, he seemed to blow a lot in his last fight but did come back strong.

Gervonta looks like the real deal. Quick hands, quick feet, sharp reflexes and so young. I'm just worried about his engine, he seemed to blow a lot in his last fight but did come back strong.

He'll need to pace himself better, being relentless is good but can backfire to and I found him a bit static and open when throwing combinations against a backed up opponent but it can be rectified with more experience; unbelievable how he is only 22! will be in the UK on Boxnation in about a week to take on Liam Walsh, look forward to the fight. Brums own Kal Yafai :afridi will defend his world title on saturday, he falls under the radar because we're all star struck by how good he is :yk3 I hope Eddie can bring Gonzales to Brum would be a great occasion, he needs to do a better job building Yafai up though, the way he dethroned Conception was unreal; didn't lose a single round against an elite opponent

Gervonta v Liam will be a great fight and a big risk taken from TMT; they didn't need to take such a dangerous fight after winning the world title but it's how you make a statement. Liam is a solid solid fighter, very accurate and he exposes any lapses in your defence; moves fairly well, Gervonta is a heavy favourite and am in awe of his ability but Liam is not to be taken lightly

Which boxing site do you guys follow to keep in touch with boxing news?

Which boxing site do you guys follow to keep in touch with boxing news?

Pakpassion boxing thread :)

Boxing Scene I'd say is the best and bias free when it comes to their reporting

Dominating UD win for Kal Yafai, excellent defence of his World Title. On the undercard his brother and Egginton were very impressive

Dominating UD win for Kal Yafai, excellent defence of his World Title. On the undercard his brother and Egginton were very impressive

I just watched highlights. Yafai has seriously slowed since his amateur days and was fighting in a very robotic style. I wasn't so impressed as I had much higher hopes for him.

I just watched highlights. Yafai has seriously slowed since his amateur days and was fighting in a very robotic style. I wasn't so impressed as I had much higher hopes for him.

It was his first defence and rushed a bit/complacement but he is one to watch out for, looked sensational against an elite talent in Conception who was expected to trouble Kal but was dominated. The Japanese opponent last night was extremely game as well so credit to him for his incredible toughness, those thudding body shots were brutal.

Kal will need to approach his future defences with the same intensity, based on his performance against Conception you'd say he''ll challenge Gonzales but not as much based on last night but it was still a B+ performance.

His pace is fine, he put too much pressure on himself to look for a stoppage in his hometown so you saw him give in-fighting a big emphasis when his major strength has always been boxing and he has the speed and movement to do so. All in all a great learning experience for him.

Gamal looked good , very promising

Kal showboated IMO against the durable Japanese opponent

Gamal looked good , very promising

Kal showboated IMO against the durable Japanese opponent

Kal Yafai is the most skillful boxer in England, his class isn't appreciated given the lower weight divisions but a win over Gonzales would elevate him to the stratosphere; I do believe he can beat him but not just yet, needs 2-3 more hard fights.

Yeah Gamal is top prospect as well, Hearn needs to take it easy with him; he has already won a WBC international title and probably is in the top 10 super bantaweight rankings but I don't want him to be rushed to the main-event level just yet.

The Yafai's are very talented, glad to see them finally get a bit of recognition; Kal would have medalled at the Olympics as well were it not for pulling out because of an injury. Galal made it to the Olympic state last year and Gamal has a strong amateur pedigree to.

A shame to see Galahad fall under the radar, his drink was allegedly spiked by his jealous brother whom he has been feuding with for a while and thus ended up having to serve a doping ban which ended in 2016 but hopefully he can get back into the mix, strange how it has taken so long for a Yemeni origin fighter since Naz to finally win the big one given how influential the Prince was on many fighters including the likes of Froch , Calzaghe and Tyson Fury in Britain.

Ever since Khan's triumph there have already been another of Pak origin fighters at the grass root level, Muhammad Ali and Qais Ashfaq being the most promising in terms of potential but I'd put my money on Ali, top top flyweight who was unfortunate not to progress further at Rio due to shady judging but he is only 20 years old with a bright future.

Kal Yafai is the most skillful boxer in England, his class isn't appreciated given the lower weight divisions but a win over Gonzales would elevate him to the stratosphere; I do believe he can beat him but not just yet, needs 2-3 more hard fights.

Yeah Gamal is top prospect as well, Hearn needs to take it easy with him; he has already won a WBC international title and probably is in the top 10 super bantaweight rankings but I don't want him to be rushed to the main-event level just yet.

The Yafai's are very talented, glad to see them finally get a bit of recognition; Kal would have medalled at the Olympics as well were it not for pulling out because of an injury. Galal made it to the Olympic state last year and Gamal has a strong amateur pedigree to.

A shame to see Galahad fall under the radar, his drink was allegedly spiked by his jealous brother whom he has been feuding with for a while and thus ended up having to serve a doping ban which ended in 2016 but hopefully he can get back into the mix, strange how it has taken so long for a Yemeni origin fighter since Naz to finally win the big one given how influential the Prince was on many fighters including the likes of Froch , Calzaghe and Tyson Fury in Britain.

Ever since Khan's triumph there have already been another of Pak origin fighters at the grass root level, Muhammad Ali and Qais Ashfaq being the most promising in terms of potential but I'd put my money on Ali, top top flyweight who was unfortunate not to progress further at Rio due to shady judging but he is only 20 years old with a bright future.

Barry should be on the undercard for kell brooks fight I would have thought, he does want to fight quigg though

Prince naz was around in the times of holly field and Barrera, Morales etc so he didn't get the recognition that our Aj has
Galahad comes out of Liverpool who don't have the set up Birmingham and Sheffield do but hopefully he'll get his chance soon

Barry should be on the undercard for kell brooks fight I would have thought, he does want to fight quigg though

Prince naz was around in the times of holly field and Barrera, Morales etc so he didn't get the recognition that our Aj has
Galahad comes out of Liverpool who don't have the set up Birmingham and Sheffield do but hopefully he'll get his chance soon

Despite that Naz was most popular fighter in the country (probably in the country's history as well) and bought attention to lower divisions which they had not received before, the public never got behind Lewis in the same way and he rubbed them the wrong way with the medal win for Canada and fighting under the US flag despite repping the UK to jump start his career. AJ is a a consequence of a completely different era which is very interactive with the fans and has an incredible P.R team, he is the best media trained fighter I've ever seen in England

Yeah, he is friends with Kell I believe and he has tried to get Galahad on his card but Eddie doesn't bend, seems like he's not fond of Galahad; am not sure he even has a deal with matchroom?

Kal beating Gonzalez is unlikely. I dont think he can compete against Cuadras, Inoue or Gonzalez. The 3 best in the division.

Kal beating Gonzalez is unlikely. I dont think he can compete against Cuadras, Inoue or Gonzalez. The 3 best in the division.

He'll be ready for Gonzales in 2-3 fights time, Inoue and Cuadras would get beat by the Kal who fought Conception for the WBA world title

He has improved significantly since the Wladmir fight, he's not going to shock AJ but he's a better opponent then everyone AJ has faced barring Wladmir and Whyte; and while there is great depth at the top of the card when it comes to HW's the lower card is not that strong which means Pulev is a genuine top 10 HW and better compared to your Charles Martins, Dominic Brezeales and Joseph Parkers.

Wouldn't expect matchroom to stick AJ in a tough fight after beating Wladmir, they will line up a couple of B level fighters for him to knock over and make a quick/easy/low-risk pay day; it's just how their model works.

There are rumours that Fury/AJ is expected this time next year but am not sure Fury will be the same fighter when he fought Wlad, as it stands the toughest fight for AJ out there is Deontay Wilder; they will book that but not anytime soon, it will get the long build and promotion to ensure maximum returns.

AJ should be put in with ortiz next if the Wladmir rematch doesnt occur that would be a good test for AJ. I agree that HW division is devoid of real star quality at moment which is a shame as id like to See AJ and wilder tested alot more then they have been.

AJ should be put in with ortiz next if the Wladmir rematch doesnt occur that would be a good test for AJ. I agree that HW division is devoid of real star quality at moment which is a shame as id like to See AJ and wilder tested alot more then they have been.

You think Ortiz would test AJ more then Pulev? have you watched David Allen v Ortiz? :)) Either way I'd still be happy with that fight, I do want to see the Whyte rematch soon. Wilder camp are aiming for a show down with Parker in summer, everyone is eager to fight Parker even my nan! Amjid :)) [MENTION=132954]Aman[/MENTION]

Anyhow while at the bottom of the table the HW division is a bit weak, it is still pretty good overall and the most promising since Lewis/Holyfield era

Last edited:
Looking forward to see Davis V Walsh.

I think it will be around 10pm tonight on BT sports UK.

Clinical accuracy from Davis.

This kid does look special but I would him to face a strong opponent next fight.

Looking forward to see Davis V Walsh.

I think it will be around 10pm tonight on BT sports UK.

Clinical accuracy from Davis.

This kid does look special but I would him to face a strong opponent next fight.

What did you make of him overall? I think he is very special personally especially for someone his age, the intelligence is unreal; he looked like an experienced vet out there given how he was patient and set traps with his movement, the finish was sensational. He really packs a punch but I'd not rush him into top level fight, he is only 22 years old and Floyd needs to be careful when it comes to handling Gervonta's progression. And KingKhan Gervonta may have looked like a class above Walsh but he's not as bad as he looked in that fight, he is the best we have in the country at 130lb but Davies just did a job on him and deserves full credit. What did you make of the stoppage?

What did you make of him overall? I think he is very special personally especially for someone his age, the intelligence is unreal; he looked like an experienced vet out there given how he was patient and set traps with his movement, the finish was sensational. He really packs a punch but I'd not rush him into top level fight, he is only 22 years old and Floyd needs to be careful when it comes to handling Gervonta's progression. And KingKhan Gervonta may have looked like a class above Walsh but he's not as bad as he looked in that fight, he is the best we have in the country at 130lb but Davies just did a job on him and deserves full credit. What did you make of the stoppage?

I think the stoppage was premature. Sure it looked like Davis was about to finish him but you have to give a boxer a chance if he's not dropped and is still defending himself to some degree which Walsh was. His style has many similiarties to Flloyd I felt but seems to have some serious power. I understand he shouldn't be rushed and Walsh is a lot better than what he showed tonight but I think he needs a challenge in the next fight, someone with speed perhaps. But what a talent the lad is.

I think the stoppage was premature. Sure it looked like Davis was about to finish him but you have to give a boxer a chance if he's not dropped and is still defending himself to some degree which Walsh was. His style has many similiarties to Flloyd I felt but seems to have some serious power. I understand he shouldn't be rushed and Walsh is a lot better than what he showed tonight but I think he needs a challenge in the next fight, someone with speed perhaps. But what a talent the lad is.

The other thing I forgot to mention was that Gervonta at the age of 22 being a US world champion defended his world title away from home in the UK, that was another challenge in itself which he had to overcome; he became the first US fighter since Malignagi in 08 to defend his title in the UK and potentially the first US world champ ever to make a 1st defence in the UK.

Any stoppage on the feet tends to be controversial on paper but in this instance I personally felt the ref should have stopped the fight after the first knock down, during the live broadcast it was hard to see but in the replays Walsh's legs had completely gone and the ref repeatedly emphasised how he had to keep his hands up but he did not and took some more punches with the ref stepping in who had regretted he didn't stop the fight the first time round, those were really heavy heavy shots the kid packs a real punch. The ref is highly respected and Walsh even after the fight said he was delighted that he was going to be in charge but said he was unsure about the stoppage and that he needs to have a look at the replay again, I have a lot of respect for his technical ability but he was in serious pain.

Assuming the ref let him continue he'd have to deal with another flurry which would have been a lot more conclusive but Walsh would have been on the receiving end. But when I was watching it live I felt the same as you when everything happened so fast but on the replay totally respect the refs decision.

Yeah I agree its a very star studded division, Lomachenko is the king and many rate him as the P4P King; he is not ready for him but as a world champion he has to step up and take on some decent opposition but I'd still match him with opponents who do not present as big a risk, but would enhance his development and present enough of a big challenge which vindicate his level before stepping up further in the division

This is how the fight will be basically:

Can't wait for this fight imagine the trash talking during press conferences and all.. Hopefully Conor can take it to atleast round 5 else the fight itself would be a disappointment

The other thing I forgot to mention was that Gervonta at the age of 22 being a US world champion defended his world title away from home in the UK, that was another challenge in itself which he had to overcome; he became the first US fighter since Malignagi in 08 to defend his title in the UK and potentially the first US world champ ever to make a 1st defence in the UK.

Any stoppage on the feet tends to be controversial on paper but in this instance I personally felt the ref should have stopped the fight after the first knock down, during the live broadcast it was hard to see but in the replays Walsh's legs had completely gone and the ref repeatedly emphasised how he had to keep his hands up but he did not and took some more punches with the ref stepping in who had regretted he didn't stop the fight the first time round, those were really heavy heavy shots the kid packs a real punch. The ref is highly respected and Walsh even after the fight said he was delighted that he was going to be in charge but said he was unsure about the stoppage and that he needs to have a look at the replay again, I have a lot of respect for his technical ability but he was in serious pain.

Assuming the ref let him continue he'd have to deal with another flurry which would have been a lot more conclusive but Walsh would have been on the receiving end. But when I was watching it live I felt the same as you when everything happened so fast but on the replay totally respect the refs decision.

Yeah I agree its a very star studded division, Lomachenko is the king and many rate him as the P4P King; he is not ready for him but as a world champion he has to step up and take on some decent opposition but I'd still match him with opponents who do not present as big a risk, but would enhance his development and present enough of a big challenge which vindicate his level before stepping up further in the division

I didn't see the replay much so fair enough if this is your assessment. I don't like when fights continue when everyone knows the one boxer is only going to get hurt even more with no comeback.

I see your point but don't you think if someone is good enough to fight better opponents they should regardless of age or experience. I think winning against real opposition early in your career sets up a bigger legacy later on. Tyson won the world title at 18 and continued to fight the best available.

I didn't see the replay much so fair enough if this is your assessment. I don't like when fights continue when everyone knows the one boxer is only going to get hurt even more with no comeback.

I see your point but don't you think if someone is good enough to fight better opponents they should regardless of age or experience. I think winning against real opposition early in your career sets up a bigger legacy later on. Tyson won the world title at 18 and continued to fight the best available.

Yeah, it would be a risk worth taking and we've seen exceptional ability from him. Not a lot of fighters have speed, power and elusiveness. Tyson truly was one of a kind, those feats were almost alien like. In the case of scenario come to think of it even in defeat his profile wouldn't take that big a hit given that he'd have stepped up despite the inexperience and age, however I do back him to do really well against the elite in 130lb division although he's not ready for Lomachenko, then again who is?

Yeah, it would be a risk worth taking and we've seen exceptional ability from him. Not a lot of fighters have speed, power and elusiveness. Tyson truly was one of a kind, those feats were almost alien like. In the case of scenario come to think of it even in defeat his profile wouldn't take that big a hit given that he'd have stepped up despite the inexperience and age, however I do back him to do really well against the elite in 130lb division although he's not ready for Lomachenko, then again who is?

Maybe Jezreel Corrales ?

What is your prediction for Brook V Spence. This could be the fight of the year so far imo.

He has improved significantly since the Wladmir fight, he's not going to shock AJ but he's a better opponent then everyone AJ has faced barring Wladmir and Whyte; and while there is great depth at the top of the card when it comes to HW's the lower card is not that strong which means Pulev is a genuine top 10 HW and better compared to your Charles Martins, Dominic Brezeales and Joseph Parkers.

Wouldn't expect matchroom to stick AJ in a tough fight after beating Wladmir, they will line up a couple of B level fighters for him to knock over and make a quick/easy/low-risk pay day; it's just how their model works.

There are rumours that Fury/AJ is expected this time next year but am not sure Fury will be the same fighter when he fought Wlad, as it stands the toughest fight for AJ out there is Deontay Wilder; they will book that but not anytime soon, it will get the long build and promotion to ensure maximum returns.

Wilder is probably the easiest fight out there for AJ. Wilder has no technical ability at all. All he has is power and does not have the skill to LAND that power against AJ

Wilder is probably the easiest fight out there for AJ. Wilder has no technical ability at all. All he has is power and does not have the skill to LAND that power against AJ

And AJ was put down by a 41 year old past his prime with 1.5 years of inactivity before being dominated by Wladmir's Jab who controlled the fight before the stoppage and would have put AJ away had shown more intent when AJ was floored. Wilder is an Olympic medalist, he can box as we saw against Stiverne so he's no where near as bad as the critics suggest in that regard. With AJ's big lapses in his defence and lack of endurance (we saw him gas at a shocking rate in the 5th) he is by no means a huge favourite over any fighter and with Wilder having the sought of power which could kill someone in the ring (he has had his opponents stretchered out the arena) he is the most dangerous man in the division and out of the likes of Fury (at his best) and Wladmir; Wilder's best chance to become a unified champion is against AJ and it would be naive to write him off.

Maybe Jezreel Corrales ?

What is your prediction for Brook V Spence. This could be the fight of the year so far imo.

Hard to say until they've fought although he is class, Salido I think has the best chance but his career is winding down now and he'll take that close SD win over Lomachenko much like Lewis after his win over Vitali so a rematch is unlikely sadly. Would you match Gervonta against Roman Martinez next or in 1-2 more fights? or is it too early?

[MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] come to think of it Roman Martinez is the perfect man for Gevonta as an opponent, he is slightly past his peak but remains a top 10 elite fighter in the 130lb division; if Gervonta can do a job on him better then Lomachenko and Salido did it would really elevate his reputation a fair amount. But is Martinez going to fight again? he hasn't fought since Lomachenko stopped him in June last year plus its probably unlikely for him to step in the ring with a fighter with such heavy hands , something which Floyd is going to have issues with in the future when it comes to matching his fighter with other big names

Predictions for saturday:-

Spence vs Brook - Late stoppage win for Spence, I think this will be a very good fight and a competative one but i think we will see spence make a statement of intent. I think with this kid the hype is real.

Groves vs Chudinov - Groves to finally win a world title by UD as i think he will outbox chudinov, that should then set up a unification fight (rematch also) with De gale.

Anyone else predictions?

[MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] come to think of it Roman Martinez is the perfect man for Gevonta as an opponent, he is slightly past his peak but remains a top 10 elite fighter in the 130lb division; if Gervonta can do a job on him better then Lomachenko and Salido did it would really elevate his reputation a fair amount. But is Martinez going to fight again? he hasn't fought since Lomachenko stopped him in June last year plus its probably unlikely for him to step in the ring with a fighter with such heavy hands , something which Floyd is going to have issues with in the future when it comes to matching his fighter with other big names

I agree. Roman would be a good next fight as he will test Davis. I think Floyd wants to publicise his name so he is well known as quickly as possible. He could in a couple of years headline Vegas as Floyd did. Will be very interesting to see how his career progresses from here.

I agree. Roman would be a good next fight as he will test Davis. I think Floyd wants to publicise his name so he is well known as quickly as possible. He could in a couple of years headline Vegas as Floyd did. Will be very interesting to see how his career progresses from here.

Hopefully he's still active and is willing to face Gervonta after a tune up to take away the ring rust and scarring from KO loss to Lomachenko. That would be a great move from Floyd, I was skeptical at first given how protected fighters are in this era but guys like Floyd paid their dues the hard way and took on some big challenges early in their career which lead to superstar status. Besides the wins over Cotto, Oscar De La Hoya, Zab Judah and Marcos Maidana; Floyd fought the likes of Gatti, Coralles, Chavez and Castillo pretty early in his career; people tend to forget that and focus more on some questionable ducking when he became the A side and could afford to take short cuts like manipulation of the contested weight.

And forgot to reply to your other message, hard to make a prediction but am leaning towards Errol Spence; I'd say its around about 55-45 in favour of Errol Spence should be a great fight

Besides the home advantage for Kell, all the balls are in Spence's court; especially with Kell coming down from MW and a devastating loss to GGG. But even then, it takes class to win a world title away from home and Brook is talented no doubt; it would be a monumental win for Brook if he pulls it off. Am leaning towards Spence as well but not by a lot

Besides the home advantage for Kell, all the balls are in Spence's court; especially with Kell coming down from MW and a devastating loss to GGG. But even then, it takes class to win a world title away from home and Brook is talented no doubt; it would be a monumental win for Brook if he pulls it off. Am leaning towards Spence as well but not by a lot
Kell's got chin and some pop but nothing else impresses me. Errol is a complete boxer. He's scary good.

Kell's got chin and some pop but nothing else impresses me. Errol is a complete boxer. He's scary good.

He's a lot better then that but what I criticise more then anything is his questionable resume, he prefers to sit on his world title at home and not hunt the big names but respect for him taking on Errol although he was forced into a corner and tried to duck him as much as possible. He can move, decent speed, power and can fight dirty when required. Spence is a fantastic prospect and this fight will tell us a lot about where he stands in the division

These Sheffield fans are mentally inept, disgusting scenes! they could not obey the simple 1 minute silence for Manchester, sky had to mute their bigotry

Not great signs from Groves early on! hope he can break the jinx to set up that big rematch with Chunky

These Sheffield fans are mentally inept, disgusting scenes! they could not obey the simple 1 minute silence for Manchester, sky had to mute their bigotry

Didn't see it but that's not good at all. I would put it down to alcohol.

Is he trying to wear Chudinov down? He came back with some good shots against the ropes in round 3.

Chudinov has been relentless with his pace forcing Groves to work, I think he fears he can't take it on the judges cards to is trying to KO Groves who's punch resistance is questionable. Chudinov is a quality fighter he beat felix strum twice second time was robbed, only 14 fights and inexperienced so he can be big down the line regardless of this fights outcome. Cut open on Groves Chudinov tageting that with Groves trying to counter his pressure with some clean shots but Chudinov is relentless

I have Chudinov ahead on my card KingKhan thus far, Groves needs to come down hard in the second half and hope Chudinov slows down, he is going for the body now good sign

Big cheap pop for your boy [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] :)) Froch saying he was his inspiration, adam smith saying the prince was sheffield's greatest boxing talent wth he is britains greatest PERIOD

Great stoppage that! INCREDIBLE! Some seriously worrying moments but he came through them, great story! what a pay off, fully deserves that damn world title belt

Big cheap pop for your boy [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] :)) Froch saying he was his inspiration, adam smith saying the prince was sheffield's greatest boxing talent wth he is britains greatest PERIOD

Brook can certainly find some inspiration from the Prince tonight. Who cares if he's fat now, he's only hiding those Prince Charles ears :))

These guys go through life and death just to win a world title belt, Amir Khan won it without trying, then became unified champ before making defences against the best at 140 overseas, so damn underrated our KING hehe

Brook can certainly find some inspiration from the Prince tonight. Who cares if he's fat now, he's only hiding those Prince Charles ears :))

Naz could still outbox a number of HW's defo Joseph Parker :)) who u got, brook or spence and who do u want to win

Great stoppage that! INCREDIBLE! Some seriously worrying moments but he came through them, great story! what a pay off, fully deserves that damn world title belt

Great interview too. A humble guy who just wanted to be world champ. I was really impressed with the accuracy and power of his counter punches.

Great interview too. A humble guy who just wanted to be world champ. I was really impressed with the accuracy and power of his counter punches.

Early on he was taking some seriously dangerous punches but overcame them and switched his head on unleashing some beautiful counters which were set up by those crucial body punches, really happy for him can't wait for him to rematch chunky

Naz could still outbox a number of HW's defo Joseph Parker :)) who u got, brook or spence and who do u want to win

Haha, is this the plan going foward move up a few weights.

I want Brook to win, always back the British boxer. Spence looks the business dosesn't he? Having watched a few of his recent fights , he does love the left hook. If Brook can move well to the left, use good footwork to land his straight right he has a good chance imo. The issue I have is Brook is talking of a tear up which is always risky.

Haha, is this the plan going foward move up a few weights.

I want Brook to win, always back the British boxer. Spence looks the business dosesn't he? Having watched a few of his recent fights , he does love the left hook. If Brook can move well to the left, use good footwork to land his straight right he has a good chance imo. The issue I have is Brook is talking of a tear up which is always risky.

Hard for me to call but am leaning towards Spence by a little bit, if Kell wins this he is arguably the best at 147 imo and he should then face Keith Thurman to determine the lineal champion. The Khan fight will do great numbers but Amir is past it and am not as hyped for Khan/Kell as I was after Khan had beaten Devon Alexander but during that period everyone avoided him including Floyd and Manny; but if Khan can somehow shock the world and win another world title then he could easily sell out Wembley in a unification bout with Kell. I know now they would probably generate 800-1million PPV buys but am not hyped

[MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] would St George v Chunky sell out Wembley ?

Oh yes Big Naz is in the house! great to see them give him some mic time, wonder who he would root for, Khan or Kell :))

Hard for me to call but am leaning towards Spence by a little bit, if Kell wins this he is arguably the best at 147 imo and he should then face Keith Thurman to determine the lineal champion. The Khan fight will do great numbers but Amir is past it and am not as hyped for Khan/Kell as I was after Khan had beaten Devon Alexander but during that period everyone avoided him including Floyd and Manny; but if Khan can somehow shock the world and win another world title then he could easily sell out Wembley in a unification bout with Kell. I know now they would probably generate 800-1million PPV buys but am not hyped

Its too tough to call bro. But agree if Kell wins this , Amir will need to be someone like Thurman to set up a massive fight at Wembley.

Maaaaaaaaaan dowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Lets gooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:amir3:akhtar:akhtar:akhtar:akhtar:akhtar:bhatti:bhatti:bhatti:yasir:yasir

What composure from Spence! He's put the world on notice!

Great win for Spence but Kell was weight drained and coming down from a damaging KO loss to GGG so I expected Spence to win, but full credit to Spence however based on that performance am not convinced he can beat the likes of Thurman, Garcia; maybe he"ll be competitive against Porter and Jessie Vargas though

Back