Boxing Thread

I still think in America a fight which is close will always be a home cooking decision, if that is to be entertained Fury will have to win minimum 10-11 rounds without getting knocked down. He has repeatedly emphasised they are training for the KO, you can never predict what a fighter is going to do despite the pre-fight words; but in theory it's not a game plan which is out of this world because Fury is capable of fighting on the inside / applying pressure, we've seen him do so during the early portion of his career and also in his last fight; I don't think it would be a matter of swinging for the fences with his chin sticking out but looking to slip, slide and counter like a mexican technician as you come forward, if he does that would be interesting as we've never seen Wilder thrive of his back foot.

The general perception is that this time Wilder will be a lot more patient, be confident that he can knock his man down whether it is round 1 or 12; go for the body and look to set up his haymaker of a right hand; the odds are leaning towards him a little because there is a feeling he will be able to make an adjustment to get the win. However, Fury's skills have been overlooked in the sense that he has shown more in his boxing career that ability to make an adjustment plus will be more battle conditioned, we saw the change in styles in the early 2010s when he decided to use more lateral movement and his physical gifts; focusing more on speed and accuracy, more recently in the fight with Wallin when range wasn't working for him against a southpaw and that awful cut he came forward.

Mouthwatering fight and it is a genuine 50/50 for me although more will lean towards Wilder due to his scary power, almost like another Foreman/Ali scenario. I do tend to favour the boxer over the puncher but tough to make a prediction, super excited though; when do we ever see two undefeated HW boxers that are ranked no.1 and no.2 go at it for the richest prize in our sport ? it truly is a unique situation and we are truly blessed in that regard especially in this modern era

Yes, it is truly a gift to the boxing world.

Tyson Fury v Anthony Joshua? 'We'd be clowns not to make fight happen' says boxing promoter Eddie Hearn

Anthony Joshua's undisputed world title fight against Tyson Fury "will happen", according to promoter Eddie Hearn who said he will do "everything it takes" to agree a deal.

Britain's heavyweight rivals hold all the world boxing titles after Fury claimed the WBC belt with a stoppage win over Deontay Wilder in Las Vegas at the weekend.

Joshua regained his WBA 'super', IBF and WBO belts in a rematch victory over Andy Ruiz Jr in December.

Hearn revealed how he spoke to Joshua on Sunday to discuss him fighting Fury next, despite ongoing talks for an IBF mandatory title defence against Kubrat Pulev at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in north London.

And the Matchroom Boxing boss has promised to thrash out terms for a blockbuster British battle.

Hearn told Sky Sports News: "He's promoted by Bob Arum predominantly. Frank Warren is also involved, MTK are his management company. I've spoken to Top Rank and I've spoken to MTK straight after the fight.

"Everybody is very clear on this. Everybody wants this fight - Anthony Joshua, Tyson Fury, MTK, Top Rank, Frank Warren, Matchroom.

"There are some hurdles to overcome on the broadcasting, but nothing too much.

"I promise you this fight will happen. If we have to fight Pulev, we've got to beat Pulev, and if he [Fury] has to fight Wilder, he's got to beat Wilder again. Both of those things will happen.

"Fury will beat Wilder again and Joshua will knock Pulev clean out, despite Bob Arum telling us very differently.

"You will get this fight. We will do everything that it takes to make this fight.

"Last time, you had us and Team Wilder and we were locking heads. Right now, you have two guys and two camps that genuinely want this fight, that genuinely will do everything that they can to make this fight. It is the only fight.

"When are we ever going to get the chance of two British world heavyweight champions fighting for the undisputed title against each other? It's never happened before it will never happen again.

"We'd be clowns, we'd be idiots if we didn't make this fight. We believe we win the fight, they believe they win the fight, so let's see it."

Wilder has the option for a rematch with Fury, but Hearn insists Joshua would be available for a massive showdown in the summer, if the American does not attempt to immediately regain his WBC belt.

https://news.sky.com/story/tyson-fu...pen-says-boxing-promoter-eddie-hearn-11942395

British world champion Anthony Joshua will fight Kubrat Pulev at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on Saturday 20 June.

Bulgarian Pulev, 38, is the mandatory IBF challenger to take on Joshua, who holds the WBA, IBF and WBO titles.

Joshua won back the belts with a unanimous points victory over Andy Ruiz Jr in December.

"I am happy to have the opportunity to show the world how strong I really am," said Pulev.

He was initially due to fight Pulev at Cardiff's Principality Stadium in October 2017 but the Bulgarian withdrew after suffering a shoulder injury in sparring, with Carlos Takam stepping in to replace him at 12 days' notice.

Promoter Eddie Hearn said last week that talks were also under way for an all-British unification fight between Joshua and Tyson Fury.

Fury beat Deontay Wilder to claim the WBC title last month, meaning the British heavyweights now hold all of the division's belts between them.

However, American Wilder has triggered a rematch clause, meaning a third Fury vs Wilder contest will take place before any potential bout between Fury and Joshua.

Pulev, a former European heavyweight champion, has suffered just one defeat in 29 bouts, a fifth-round knockout by Wladimir Klitschko in November 2015.

He beat Britain's Hughie Fury on points in an IBF final eliminator in Bulgaria in October 2018, his first fight since pulling out of his original meeting with Joshua.

His last bout was another unanimous points victory, against American Rydell Booker, in November.

Two weeks ago the BBC Sport boxing team sat in Bob Arum's office and, unprompted, he started telling us how his fighter Kubrat Pulev "will knock out Joshua".

I guess he would say that, but there is no doubt Joshua's humbling at the hands of Andy Ruiz Jr on 1 June has drastically changed how he is viewed.

There are questions to answer still. Joshua boxed beautifully in his rematch but looked a little uneasy whenever he was pressed. Will Pulev's team go in on the front foot in a bid to upset the odds?

Pulev could ultimately wreck the dreams of British boxing fans who have now been promised a Fury-Joshua bout for all the belts. There are so many agreements needed before that becomes a reality.

In many ways, a Pulev win would make a bout for all four belts far easier to arrange. Arum would control Fury and the Bulgarian, so he would only need to strike deals within his own Top Rank office to secure the historic contest.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/51705419

BREAKING: Anthony Joshua is set to defend his world heavyweight championships against Kubrat Pulev on June 20.

Dillian Whyte: 'Tyson Fury or Anthony Joshua? I just want to fight the best'
Dillian Whyte says he is ready to face fellow Britons Tyson Fury or Anthony Joshua and is "hungry" for the chance to become world heavyweight champion.

Whyte, who will fight Russia's Alexander Povetkin on 2 May in Manchester, is the mandatory challenger for the WBC world heavyweight title.

But the WBC says his tilt at the crown will not arrive until February 2021.

WBC champion Fury and Joshua, who holds the IBF, WBA and WBO belts, could meet in a unification bout before that.

Fury is first set to face Deontay Wilder in a trilogy fight, having defeated the previously unbeaten American last month to win the belt, while Joshua faces Bulgarian Kubrat Pulev in June.

In an insightful interview, Whyte tells BBC Sport how he has tried to arrange fights with Fury, why Andy Ruiz Jr has become obese, how Wilder could have lost his life and why he finally deserves his shot at a the heavyweight crown.

"I would fight any one of them. I just want to fight the best guys," the 31-year-old told BBC Sport. "A guy is the number one challenger for a reason."

'It makes me frustrated, it makes me hungry'

Jamaica-born Whyte's resume shows only one defeat - by Joshua in 2015 - and boasts wins over Joseph Parker, Dereck Chisora twice and Oscar Rivas.

He has held the WBC interim crown since July last year and has been forced to wait for a crack at the title.

"Fury says he's the best, Joshua says he's the best. Wilder thought he was the best. I don't care - win, lose or draw," added Whyte, who had a doping violation charge dropped in December.

"There are many guys who have gone through their careers and not fought the number one challengers, avoided guys, waited until they were 60 before fighting them. No, not me. I just want to fight the best."

Whyte is backing Fury for another victory over American Wilder - the pair have agreed to a third fight in the summer, according to Fury's US promoter Bob Arum.

"I know the champion never wanted to fight me because he was a coward," said Whyte. "For me, it just shows how good I am. It makes me frustrated, it makes me hungry, it makes me train harder because I know that my time will come - he can't run forever.

"He got bashed up in in his last fight so I think he will get bashed in again in the rematch, so it looks like I need to start looking at Tyson Fury. He's someone I have been trying to make multiple fights with over the years.

"Either way, Fury, Wilder, Joshua, it doesn't matter to me."

However, Whyte says he would not be able to pick a winner should Fury and Joshua get in the ring for a potential unification bout.

"It's a good fight," he said. "They both showed different ends of the spectrum in their last fights - Joshua showed a bit of movement and a bit of boxing, one could read into that and say maybe he is gun shy or nervous and one could say he has improved his flexibility and his boxing skills.

"Fury has now all of a sudden become a front-foot fighter, which is something he has not done in years. It's a very fine line, they both have a lot of ability and a lot of skill there."

'Ruiz couldn't say no to the cakes'

Another fight Whyte has been to trying to make is against Andy Ruiz Jr, the Mexican who inflicted the solitary defeat of Joshua's career, only to lose the rematch and claim three months of partying had left him overweight.

"He won the world titles, he became obese, came into the fight in terrible shape and after I offered him a fight," said Whyte.

"He wanted to get in more shape because obviously he had a weight watchers problem. He was fighting his weight, I understand that. I have been overweight before.

"But he only has himself to blame. He had everything to play for and couldn't discipline himself. He lost his mind, lost his way and couldn't say no to the cakes. Now he's put a lot of weight on. Just tell the truth.

"I am the one who has told my people to go and find you, made you two offers - one in the UK, one in America. What more can I do? We are talking similar money you got to fight Joshua for the world title!"

'Wilder could have lost his life'

Whyte was visibly concerned watching Wilder's loss to Fury in Las Vegas last month, and says cornerman Mark Breland saved the 34-year-old's life by throwing in the towel in the seventh round.

"The guy was getting creamed. I don't understand why his corner didn't pull him out," said Whyte. "The one actual fighter in his corner, someone who has fought and understands, Breland who threw the towel in, is the one he is angry at.

"These other fake guys in his corner don't know what they are talking about. They just want the money. They think the gravy train is going to stop so they are willing to risk his life.

"I believe they should have stopped it two rounds before, another round I think he could have lost his life. Breland did the right and the compassionate thing.

"If Wilder has any sense and wants to be world champion again, he needs to really think about what he is doing, show Breland respect and apologise to him. Work and box and listen to Mark, because the other clowns around him are just clowns."

'A guy is the number one challenger for a reason'

Before he gets a crack at Fury, Joshua or Wilder, Whyte must defend his WBC interim heavyweight title against 40-year-old Povetkin.

Whyte says he faces a "dangerous" opponent in the Olympic gold medallist and former WBA world champion but is not in the game of taking "easy fights".

Whyte believes he does not get the recognition he deserves for his own record but is not paying too much attention to what those outside his camp are saying.

"That's not my job, my job is to keep fighting the best people and keep winning," he said.

"When I retire I want to look at myself in the mirror and say: 'You know what? I fought everyone, never turned a fight down and I was world champion. I made a good living and I leave a good legacy behind and inspired a few people'.

"This is heavyweight boxing. I just have to stay ready. I should have been mandatory challenger and fought for the world title two years ago.

"I am still here, still trying to chase the elusive world title because of politics and promoters don't like other promoters. It's all nonsense.

"Back in the day, you had to face the number one challenger."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/51732844

Anthony Joshua v Tyson Fury: Eddie Hearn 'ready to conclude deal' for December fight

Promoter Eddie Hearn says he is "ready to conclude a deal" for a heavyweight unification fight between Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury in December.

The two British fighters hold all four belts between them after Fury beat Deontay Wilder to take the WBC title last month.

Joshua, the WBA, IBF and WBO champion, will fight Kubrat Pulev on 20 June.

Fury is set to face Wilder for a third time this summer after the American triggered a rematch clause.

"There's no reason why we can't put that deal in place now for the winner of those two fights," said Joshua's promoter Hearn.

He added he had reached a point in talks with Fury's US promoter Bob Arum "where we're ready to conclude a deal and try to move forward to get that deal done for December".

"We've just got to iron out some basic things like broadcasters and where the fight is going to take place, but I believe there's a real desire from both sides to get that fight done now.

"To have two British heavyweight champions is unbelievable but to have them fighting for the undisputed championship is something that will never, ever happen in our lifetime again.

"December limits us in the UK, it just really leaves us with the Principality Stadium [in Cardiff], so we're going to look at all options but first thing's first, let's get the deal papered and know exactly where we stand.

"So we've got to make it happen, let's get the deal made now and let those guys concentrate on their big fights in the summer."

Arum, who also promoted Pulev, said on Sunday that Fury will fight Wilder before the 2020 Olympics, which are due to begin in Tokyo on 24 July.

However, he is backing mandatory IBF challenger Pulev to knock out Joshua in their bout at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium this summer.

Joshua won back the belts with a unanimous points victory over Andy Ruiz Jr in December, having lost them in a chastening defeat in New York last June.

"We've just got to keep focus on the Pulev fight," Hearn told BBC Sport.

"Last time the talk was all about Wilder and it all unravelled at Madison Square Garden in June.

"We don't want any unravelling at Tottenham. We want a brilliant, brutal performance."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/51743951

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Love to meet this amazing women when I’m in pakistan next. This made me very happy. Keep up the good work Shahnaz. Well done. <a href="https://t.co/n8CFrQbnm4">https://t.co/n8CFrQbnm4</a></p>— Amir Khan (@amirkingkhan) <a href="https://twitter.com/amirkingkhan/status/1236863139129499648?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 9, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Love to meet this amazing women when I’m in pakistan next. This made me very happy. Keep up the good work Shahnaz. Well done. <a href="https://t.co/n8CFrQbnm4">https://t.co/n8CFrQbnm4</a></p>— Amir Khan (@amirkingkhan) <a href="https://twitter.com/amirkingkhan/status/1236863139129499648?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 9, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

MashaAllah what a lovely sight, folk may not like boxing but this is amazing really the haters should appreciate this to

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] how highly is Joe Louis rated? Checked out some highlights of his after hearing George Forman called him the greatest.

His action is so smooth and he looks to pack a punch.

Been watching a few old boxers, Rocky Marciano, Liston and Shavers.

Last edited:
Former world champion Amir Khan says he has no intention of boxing behind closed doors if and when boxing returns during the coronavirus pandemic.

British boxing bosses hope to see fight nights return in July but initially fans will be unable to attend.

"Even though there is big money I wouldn't be able to do it as I need the fan base there," Khan told BBC Sport.

"I've got three kids. I do so much in the sport already and I feel I'd rather be 100% sure before I jump back in."

The 33-year-old added: "I don't want to get sick. I've had a great career. Do I really need to risk it and see what's going to happen? I'd rather hold back a little bit and see what the situation is like."

Khan, a 2004 Olympic silver medallist, last fought in Saudi Arabia in July when he beat Billy Dib to move to 34 wins from 39 professional fights.

The former unified light-welterweight world champion has trained at his home during the pandemic but is frustrated he moved much of his exercise equipment out of his house shortly before the UK's lockdown was imposed.

The impact of the virus on the sport has prompted widespread cancellations and postponements.

The British Boxing Board of Control is currently in dialogue with promoters over a July return but strict measures would need to be in place at any show, including a ban on fans.

"I just feel that for a boxer to walk into an arena and walk into a fight having no fans in an empty stadium it's going to be like walking into a sparring session so I can't really see that working," Khan added.

"It's hard to lift yourself really and get yourself ready for a fight. I can't see the big names doing that unless there's ridiculous money from the TV Company on the table. You need the audience there to lift your spirits."

Blood, sweat and danger
Khan believes "only top-level promoters" are capable of putting boxing events on given the absence of ticket-sale revenue because they can at least fall back on money offered by television companies as some form of income from which fighters and staff can be paid.

But the British Boxing Board of Control's proposals for safeguarding shows from the virus have delivered an added pressure.

Every competitor at a show must be tested and self isolate at a designated hotel - paid for by the promoter - until results are known. Fighters will also need to wear protective face masks on their way to any venue and during their ring walks, while officials will also wear the masks during fights.

Khan added: "What if someone gets badly injured or catches something from his opponent? I just think it's going to be quite tough.

"At times when you hit someone with a shot, the spit will come onto you; the sweat will fall on you. When you hit someone there is going to be blood flying off you and coming onto you. I've had fights where after the fight I've had blood on my arm and I've wondered where it's come from, but it's been from my opponent.

"I just feel like it's going to be very dangerous."

Kubrat Pulev says he will not step away from his shot at the world heavyweight belts and warned Anthony Joshua "you either fight or vacate the title".

The Bulgarian is mandatory challenger for Joshua's IBF title but their planned bout on 20 June was postponed.

It led to talk of Pulev being paid to step aside so Joshua could face Tyson Fury for all four heavyweight belts.

"I can't understand why we are still postponing instead of fixing a date and venue and getting to work?" said Pulev.

"Enough is enough. I can't wait to win this fight.

"I see how people are afraid of me and are trying to face someone else before me. That's not how a real world champion should act."

Pulev was due to face Briton Joshua in 2017 but withdrew because of injury and was also in mandatory position when Joshua lost to Andy Ruiz Jr in June 2019.

Joshua holds the IBF, WBA and WBO belts and has talked of his desire to face WBC champion Fury, who is due to face Deontay Wilder for a third time when boxing returns following its shutdown because of the coronavrius pandemic.

It would appear the two British heavyweights will need to wait and win their respective fights with neither Wilder nor Pulev appearing likely to accept 'step-aside' money.

"I did it once when I didn't have to do it for Joshua to have his second match against Ruiz Jr. Everything was against IBF's rules, but I compromised," said Pulev.

"A year has passed and they always have a reason to postpone, not to fight against me. There are two options. You either fight or vacate the title."

When and where a contest between Joshua and Pulev can take place is unknown because of the uncertainty caused by the coronavirus outbreak.

Pulev's manager has said venues - including a Roman amphitheatre in Croatia - were being discussed.

Pulev, one of Bulgaria's most popular sportsmen, suffered his only career defeat when he challenged for the IBF heavyweight title in 2014, losing to Wladimir Klitschko in Hamburg on a fifth-round knockout.

His record stands at 28 wins from 29 bouts, while Joshua has 23 wins from 24.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/52739870

Tyson Fury wants a huge world title fight against Anthony Joshua to satisfy public demand and warned his Brit rival not to ruin plans by losing to Kubrat Pulev.

Anthony Joshua has reached an agreement with Tyson Fury on a two-fight deal, says promoter Eddie Hearn.

https://www.boxingscene.com/tyson-fury-reacts-anthony-joshua-statements-blm-protest--149597

WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury has given his take on the recent speech that Anthony Joshua made at a Black Lives Matter protest in Watford.

Joshua, who holds the WBA, IBF, IBO, WBO world titles, came under fire from numerous fans over a certain section of the speech.

"Show them where it hurts," Joshua said. "Abstain from spending your money in their shops and economies and invest in black-owned businesses."

Joshua was fired up over the backlash, hitting back at accusations of being racist.

The British star's promoter, Eddie Hearn, would later explain that Joshua was reading a speech that was written by another individual. He says Joshua made it clear that he was reading a speech that was not his own, and the video that was widely circulated on social media was intentionally edited in a manner to take Joshua's words out of context.

Fury on the other hand, believes that he would have been crucified had he made similar comments in a public setting.

He believes Hearn, had he been there in Watford, would have stopped Joshua from making those statements.

"I’m sure AJ has got his reasons why he said what he said, and its concern is none of my business what he said. That’s his own opinion and everyone to their opinion. Whatever his reasons were, he’s done it and it’s in the past so it’s moved on," Fury told Behind The Gloves.

"I’m sure he’s apologized if he’s offended anybody- oh he actually didn’t, did he! He actually said if you didn’t like what I said, go f--- yourself. So no apology necessary. Let’s just say, I’m not pushing knives in or pushing anybody when they’re down but if it had been me who said it, 'Don’t shop in any black owned stores or any Asian owned stores' or anything, or don’t buy from their businesses, then I’d have been crucified like Jesus Christ. I’ll just say that.

"The thing is with Joshua, he’s always got Eddie to talk for him and Eddie does all the media stuff and all that and he sort of just reads off a piece of paper. Even that speech he was reading, he read it off a piece of paper. Nothing is freestyle, everything is wrote out or planned. So during the lockdown obviously Eddie wasn’t with him when he did this, or else he’d have given him a right kick up the rear end.

"Because I think it’s cost him a lot of pay-per-views, figures and stuff like that, and it’s upset a lot of people because he’s supposed to be the poster boy, the role model, the ambassador and talks bulls--t like that. But it is what it is what it is. Everyone to their own. None of my concern, to be fair. Good job it wasn’t me, and it never would be me because to me color doesn’t exist, I’ve got the most diverse team in boxing.

"I’ve suffered racism all my life, 32-years-old in August, come from a travelling background, gypsies, hated racist people. It’s the only race that it’s sort of acceptable to be racist towards these days. Even the TV companies in this country are allowed to be racist towards travellers, it’s terrible. But I’m not a person who gives a damn about what colour somebody is or what background they’re from or whatever, because to me everyone is the same, it doesn’t really matter, it is what it is."
[MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] When Eddie Hearn forgets that he has let you off your leash for a few seconds and them true colours come out again :yk3

It's great that terms have been agreed between Fury and AJ, but lets be frank these terms would never have been agreed had AJ not been smashed to bits; Fury as the A side and major international draw has forced Matchrooms hand here after violating a man who AJ ducked repeatedly. Now these little insects want to cash out with a fight against Fury, you can only milk china chin so much and it doesn't help when the Robert Mugabe rhetoric is being spewed in public

Was looking forward to Dubois vs Joe Joyce in July; event has now been pushed back to autumn, both men are expected to have further tune ups in July instead behind closed doors. In other news Pedrazas fight has been cancelled after someone from his opponents camp tested positive for Corona, this will impact the combat sports work massively in the next 6 months or so; hopefully things get better in the world.

https://www.boxingscene.com/tyson-fury-reacts-anthony-joshua-statements-blm-protest--149597

[MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] When Eddie Hearn forgets that he has let you off your leash for a few seconds and them true colours come out again :yk3

Haha totally agree with Tyson, some foolishness from AJ. He has many fans around the world from all backgrounds but now has put a hole into Hearns pocket by reading from a piece of paper. It makes me laugh people thought AJ was the next Ali, his boxing is on a amateur level and his elequonce is on a child like level compared to the GOAT.

Not sure if AJ v Fury will ever happen, Pulev or Uysk will have a great chance to beat him. I hope it does happen in Wembley, I'd love to go.

Haha totally agree with Tyson, some foolishness from AJ. He has many fans around the world from all backgrounds but now has put a hole into Hearns pocket by reading from a piece of paper. It makes me laugh people thought AJ was the next Ali, his boxing is on a amateur level and his elequonce is on a child like level compared to the GOAT.

Not sure if AJ v Fury will ever happen, Pulev or Uysk will have a great chance to beat him. I hope it does happen in Wembley, I'd love to go.

I have no idea who in their right mind would compare him to Ali, people like that should be locked up forever in my opinion. He always reads from a piece of paper, but it seems this time without Hearn to help him think things got out of hand, at the very top he knows his days are numbered as far as milking the far right yobs is concerned. And you make a good point, a number of obstacles as of yet to overcome before the fight can materialise.

Also, Whyte has started legal proceedings against the WBC for not forcing his mandatory position; he always speaks of not being able to get a title shot but I still struggle to see why Hearn was not able to match him with AJ for one of the alphabet titles

Tyson Fury is a favorite in the fight vs AJ

AJ's best bet is a punchers chance, but against a slick boxer like Fury it would be difficult; however given how Fury is so under rated shockingly even now to some degree in the UK anyway am sure I'd make a real handsome some at the bookies just as I did when he beat Wlad

I have no idea who in their right mind would compare him to Ali, people like that should be locked up forever in my opinion. He always reads from a piece of paper, but it seems this time without Hearn to help him think things got out of hand, at the very top he knows his days are numbered as far as milking the far right yobs is concerned. And you make a good point, a number of obstacles as of yet to overcome before the fight can materialise.

Also, Whyte has started legal proceedings against the WBC for not forcing his mandatory position; he always speaks of not being able to get a title shot but I still struggle to see why Hearn was not able to match him with AJ for one of the alphabet titles

Id say Hearn is scared Whyte will KO AJ , meaning no big money spinner v Fury. Whyte v Fury wont generate as much.

Eddie is taking the P out of the punters now. He is suggesting Fury v AJ could cost up to £49.99 for PPV! This is a joke for many reasons but one being this wont be a contest unless AJ knocks him out with a lucky punch.

AJ's best bet is a punchers chance, but against a slick boxer like Fury it would be difficult; however given how Fury is so under rated shockingly even now to some degree in the UK anyway am sure I'd make a real handsome some at the bookies just as I did when he beat Wlad

There is no guarantee AJ can take Fury's punches. The more i see AJ the more i am convinced he has a chin problem. The sparring rumours don't come from nothing, he does not like getting hit and he goes into a shell. Ever since Wlad fought him and decked him, he has been fighting like Klitshko.

Id say Hearn is scared Whyte will KO AJ , meaning no big money spinner v Fury. Whyte v Fury wont generate as much.

Eddie is taking the P out of the punters now. He is suggesting Fury v AJ could cost up to £49.99 for PPV! This is a joke for many reasons but one being this wont be a contest unless AJ knocks him out with a lucky punch.

That would be criminal and fast track the end of Boxing on PPV in the UK with all these streaming platforms making so much noise; they are joking if they think the USA model will work here and if it does do well, the long term damage will be severe. Aside from that, it will be a delight to see the overly hyped media darling to get smashed to bits.

There is no guarantee AJ can take Fury's punches. The more i see AJ the more i am convinced he has a chin problem. The sparring rumours don't come from nothing, he does not like getting hit and he goes into a shell. Ever since Wlad fought him and decked him, he has been fighting like Klitshko.

It's been said for a while but only the delusional casuals have been unable to see it, even after he got smashed by a potato sack they remain deluded; the return W was one of the most cowardly performances I have ever seen in my life, spent the entire fight on his back foot against a guy who barely moved an inch and was unable to apply any kind of pressure or sustained offence. Don't compare him to Wlad, you do him a great disservice. Wlad under Emanuel Steward was an excellent European Style boxer who maximised his strengths to the full.

Fury v Wilder III could be moved to next year

Boxing may have returned to our screens in recent weeks, albeit behind closed doors, but it seems we may have to wait a little longer for the elite-level world heavyweight fights we're clamouring for.

Reports this week suggest that the third Tyson Fury v Deontay Wilder fight might be put back until next year.

The first fight in 2018 ended in a controversial draw, while the second in February was as convincing as they come as Briton Fury outclassed the American to win via a seventh-round stoppage.

The third fight was originally scheduled for 18 July at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas before the Covid-19 outbreak. The plan then was for the contest to be pushed back to 19 December at the same venue.

However, Fury's promoter Bob Arum has told the SiriusXM Boxing podcast that it could now take place somewhere else in February 2021 so that fans are able to attend.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/53724791

Wish there was someone at Fury's level to really challenge him. Wilder is a scrub vs him, talking mad smack about KOing prime Mike Tyson before this fight lol, get outta here.

Blaming his black pride armor in slowing him down for the fight and talking about spirits entering his body, not a real champion.

Americans deserve a better ambassador for HW boxing.

Dillian Whyte's hopes of a world-title shot were wrecked as Alexander Povetkin twice rose from the canvas to land a knockout win that will stun boxing.

The Russian had been out-boxed for three rounds and was down twice in the fourth as Whyte mixed poise with power.

But just as it looked as if Whyte would close in on a shot at the WBC world heavyweight title, Povetkin produced a devastating left uppercut in the fifth.

Whyte needed treatment but will get a rematch according to Eddie Hearn.

The London fighter, 32, left without speaking to the media but was picked up by Matchroom Boxing's Twitter channel asking promoter Hearn if a rematch was possible this year.

"It's one of those things, it just landed. I was bossing it. It is what it is. A rematch, let's go," he added.

"I can't quite believe it," said Hearn. "When the punch landed I felt like I was in some dream. The fight was over virtually. Dillian was measuring Povetkin up, then two heavy knockdowns.

"I and others thought it was over. This is the drama of heavyweight boxing, one punch can change everything.

"He has to do a job in a rematch."

Povetkin, who has only lost to Wladimir Klitschko and IBF, WBO and WBA world heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua in a 39-fight and 15-year-long career, simply found "the best punch he has ever thrown" according to BBC Radio 5 Live's Steve Bunce.

The absence of fans in the garden of Matchroom Boxing's headquarters allowed the hysterical celebrations of Povetkin's team to rumble through the Essex night air while Whyte was almost motionless on his back.

The British heavyweight had been almost punch perfect for 12 minutes. Shots to the body drew red marks on 40-year-old Povetkin, while jabs pawed at the Russian's face looked to be discouraging the dangerous bookmakers' underdog.

Two hard right hands and a short left hook combined sweetly to floor Povetkin in the fourth and, before the bell, Whyte drove home a left uppercut when backed to the ropes to send his rival down again.

But moments later the tables turned and Povetkin dipped to his left and thrust an uppercut of his own on to Whyte's chin.

Povetkin had been written off as past it by some while others point to two previous drug bans as evidence he should not be in the sport. The beautifully picked and devastating nature of his finish will only serve to underline the threat he continues to carry.

Since his only defeat to Joshua in 2015 Whyte - who also served a drugs ban in 2012 - has put solid names on his record and seen them off one by one when he could have taken more straightforward assignments.

His refusal to simply sit and wait for his chance endeared him as a risk taker to fans and undoubtedly improved him as an athlete and fighter.

But one punch ultimately made this a risk too far and he must now go to work once again if he is to rediscover hope of a first world-title shot.

The four events staged in Hearn's childhood back garden offered intrigue when sport faced up to the upheaval of the Covid-19 pandemic.

This was a truly dramatic finish to the series and Whyte will wake up tomorrow facing a challenge few saw coming but one he will undoubtedly take on wholeheartedly.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/53877734

I don't think I have seen box as beautifully as he did against Povetkin in his entire career and he looked in tremendous shape, yes he didn't have Tibbs in the corner which was not ideal but the use of his jab to use his height well against the shorter opponent set up the straight rights nicely, he used Povetkins aggression against him with those beautifully timed counters on the inside and he worked the body to; was in and out for the most part and very composed, in fact I have not seen Povetkin get out-boxed so emphatically since he fought Wladmir! but fair play to him, he kept at it, his desire is remarkable and while he did land a hail mary from the heavens, class is permanent; he caught Whyte throwing the right a bit square and countered it with a brutal upper cut.

It's an unfortunate defeat but Whyte has had a great run and I don't think it is all over for him just yet he looked really good to me; this happens and it's the heavyweight division of boxing. I think a rematch is in the works. But credit to Povetkin he has been boxing quiet well lately especially for his age and the conditioning is excellent, he remains very organised; the feet might not be as quick as they were but his desire is there.
[MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] what did you make of it ?

I don't think I have seen box as beautifully as he did against Povetkin in his entire career and he looked in tremendous shape, yes he didn't have Tibbs in the corner which was not ideal but the use of his jab to use his height well against the shorter opponent set up the straight rights nicely, he used Povetkins aggression against him with those beautifully timed counters on the inside and he worked the body to; was in and out for the most part and very composed, in fact I have not seen Povetkin get out-boxed so emphatically since he fought Wladmir! but fair play to him, he kept at it, his desire is remarkable and while he did land a hail mary from the heavens, class is permanent; he caught Whyte throwing the right a bit square and countered it with a brutal upper cut.

It's an unfortunate defeat but Whyte has had a great run and I don't think it is all over for him just yet he looked really good to me; this happens and it's the heavyweight division of boxing. I think a rematch is in the works. But credit to Povetkin he has been boxing quiet well lately especially for his age and the conditioning is excellent, he remains very organised; the feet might not be as quick as they were but his desire is there.
[MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] what did you make of it ?

I was shocked when he landed a peach of an uppercut. It wasnt your usual uppercut, with a bit of hook into it but the power must have been immense from such close range to clean up a bigger stronger fighter who was fresh while Povetkin had already been floored more than once.

Whyte got over-confident, let his guard down esp since he fights really well inside. I agree with you before the KO, he looked fit, strong and on his game but as you know this HW boxing, nothing is guaranteed. The re-match clause has been activated, Dillian will knock out or stop Povetkin from a distance next time.

I have to agree with Tyson Fury, Whyte, AJ and the rest apart from him are on a similar level, each figther can beat the other on their day.

Haven't yet watched the Daniel Dubuios fight as I think he must have smashed the novice easily, mis match. I also think too many people are making too much of a big deal with Joy Joyce, can see Dubuios knocking him clean out. This kid is a beast and under the right guidance will be HW world champion after Fury retires.

Vasyl Lomachenko will take on Teofimo Lopez in a much-anticipated lightweight world title unification bout in Las Vegas on 17 October.

Ukraine's Lomachenko holds the WBA, WBO and WBC Franchise title at 135lbs, while American Lopez is IBF champion.

Demand for the fight has been intense given Lomachenko's status as one of the finest boxers in any weight class and Lopez's record of 15 straight wins.

"The reign of Lomachenko is coming to an end," said Lopez.

"I will beat up Lomachenko and take his belts. Simple as that. I don't like the guy."

Lomachenko, 32, is nine years older than his rival and has built a stellar reputation having won two Olympic gold medals as well as world titles in three weight divisions as a professional.

His record of 14 wins and one defeat includes victories over the likes of Luke Campbell and former world champions Anthony Crolla, Jose Pedraza, Jorge Linares and Guillermo Rigondeaux.

"Teofimo Lopez can talk all he wants - he's very good at talking," said Lomachenko.

"He has done nothing but say my name for the past two years. When we fight in Las Vegas, he will eat my punches and his words. I will be the better man, and four world titles will come home with me to Ukraine."

Promoter Bob Arum said the bout - which will be staged in a Covid-19 secure 'bubble' - was "the best fight that can be made in boxing".

His Top Rank organisation also announced the card would feature Japan's undefeated WBA and IBF world bantamweight champion Naoya Inoue defending his titles against Australia's Jason Moloney.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/54083611

Surprised no one is commenting on Canelo suing his promoter and Dazn?

Surprised no one is commenting on Canelo suing his promoter and Dazn?

Tbh not the sort of news I would ever want to comment on, it's dreadful to see this for a Boxing fan and even for Canelo's fighting career because effectively, he wont be fighting this year and things like these can drag for a while. Contractually am not sure if those money's promised were subject to DAZN approval of the opponent, but if I read correctly; they did honour the agreement for his fights against Jacobs and Kovalev but are unwilling to do so for a much rumoured bout against either Callum Smith or Billy Joe this year, gutted for BJS as well. At the same time, Canelo is right in demanding what was agreed if this is contractually agreed; the 40m fee per fight, if they are not able to pay this now, later on there ought to be issues. Fights with GGG are likely to make it easier for DAZN to pay him which would be the key to solving this problem in the short term.

Vasyl Lomachenko will take on Teofimo Lopez in a much-anticipated lightweight world title unification bout in Las Vegas on 17 October.

Ukraine's Lomachenko holds the WBA, WBO and WBC Franchise title at 135lbs, while American Lopez is IBF champion.

Demand for the fight has been intense given Lomachenko's status as one of the finest boxers in any weight class and Lopez's record of 15 straight wins.

"The reign of Lomachenko is coming to an end," said Lopez.

"I will beat up Lomachenko and take his belts. Simple as that. I don't like the guy."

Lomachenko, 32, is nine years older than his rival and has built a stellar reputation having won two Olympic gold medals as well as world titles in three weight divisions as a professional.

His record of 14 wins and one defeat includes victories over the likes of Luke Campbell and former world champions Anthony Crolla, Jose Pedraza, Jorge Linares and Guillermo Rigondeaux.

"Teofimo Lopez can talk all he wants - he's very good at talking," said Lomachenko.

"He has done nothing but say my name for the past two years. When we fight in Las Vegas, he will eat my punches and his words. I will be the better man, and four world titles will come home with me to Ukraine."

Promoter Bob Arum said the bout - which will be staged in a Covid-19 secure 'bubble' - was "the best fight that can be made in boxing".

His Top Rank organisation also announced the card would feature Japan's undefeated WBA and IBF world bantamweight champion Naoya Inoue defending his titles against Australia's Jason Moloney.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/54083611

Thoroughly excited for Lopez v Lomachenko, this would be the biggest fight for Boxing post lockdown; a unification for the lightweight crown, you have the P4P great in Loma and the brash young aggressor in Lopez, I expect massive fireworks for this one!

I was shocked when he landed a peach of an uppercut. It wasnt your usual uppercut, with a bit of hook into it but the power must have been immense from such close range to clean up a bigger stronger fighter who was fresh while Povetkin had already been floored more than once.

Whyte got over-confident, let his guard down esp since he fights really well inside. I agree with you before the KO, he looked fit, strong and on his game but as you know this HW boxing, nothing is guaranteed. The re-match clause has been activated, Dillian will knock out or stop Povetkin from a distance next time.

I have to agree with Tyson Fury, Whyte, AJ and the rest apart from him are on a similar level, each figther can beat the other on their day.

Haven't yet watched the Daniel Dubuios fight as I think he must have smashed the novice easily, mis match. I also think too many people are making too much of a big deal with Joy Joyce, can see Dubuios knocking him clean out. This kid is a beast and under the right guidance will be HW world champion after Fury retires.

Yes you are right there watching it back, but what a haymaker from Povetkin. I agree with your view overall and on Dubois it was a massive mismatch, more for him to shake a little bit of the cob webs before the fight with Joe Joyce which I think is an exciting match up. On paper I would agree with you that Dubois is stylistically all wrong for Joyce, but the man has grit, an Olympic pedigree, a decent chin and he continues to apply pressure with those clubbing blows, it's going to be an exciting match up I also understand Joyce has been working with Abel Sanchez who I hope has been working on tightening that defence a bit to! because he gets tagged way too much for my liking, I have said it earlier but I do genuinely see Dubois as the future of the division, it is a bit annoying that Joyce is on the wrong side of his 30s however which is why he is taking such risky fights a lot sooner then he'd have liked.

Tbh not the sort of news I would ever want to comment on, it's dreadful to see this for a Boxing fan and even for Canelo's fighting career because effectively, he wont be fighting this year and things like these can drag for a while. Contractually am not sure if those money's promised were subject to DAZN approval of the opponent, but if I read correctly; they did honour the agreement for his fights against Jacobs and Kovalev but are unwilling to do so for a much rumoured bout against either Callum Smith or Billy Joe this year, gutted for BJS as well. At the same time, Canelo is right in demanding what was agreed if this is contractually agreed; the 40m fee per fight, if they are not able to pay this now, later on there ought to be issues. Fights with GGG are likely to make it easier for DAZN to pay him which would be the key to solving this problem in the short term.

Or maybe it shows Canelo is not the draw that he thinks he is, why has he failed to bring the expected subscribers to DZAN if he was the draw they were expecting? DZAN clearly overpaid him and his opponents and are now trying to get out of an unprofitable, loss making contract.

Apparently the contract Canelo has with Golden Boy is different from the one Golden Boy has with DZAN so clearly his promoter is going to get really screwed from both parties

Or maybe it shows Canelo is not the draw that he thinks he is, why has he failed to bring the expected subscribers to DZAN if he was the draw they were expecting? DZAN clearly overpaid him and his opponents and are now trying to get out of an unprofitable, loss making contract.

Apparently the contract Canelo has with Golden Boy is different from the one Golden Boy has with DZAN so clearly his promoter is going to get really screwed from both parties

That's not the case at all, it is a lucrative contract but Canelo is the biggest draw in Boxing right. His PPV buyrate record will indicate that and the revenue generated from those events. DAZN has about 8 million susbcribers, they are diversified with sports but a big reason for those subscribers has also been Canelo with his fights against Jacobs and Canelo improving the streaming services viewing figures drastically in 2019 and even bringing in more people then the champions league semi finals. Both fights against Jacobs and Kovalev bought in about a million viewers on DAZN, they charge like 20 dollars per fight so that's 20 million minimum he would have bought in alone but then there's monies from those who pay for the months service alone or 12 month upfront fee to, you factoe that in to the advertising, money from the TV deals, merch, live gate etc I think his drawing power is under estimated if anything.

But what has changed all of a sudden? unfortunately, the pandemic has significantly affected DAZN to, I recall reading about this on financial times, the lack of live action on the whole across the sports has crippped their financial health and at this stage, they went all out to secure sporting rights which total about 4 billion and it will be a long road to recovery so they are trying to cut their losses I imagine. Yes Canelo has always been a Golden Boy fighter who negotiated on his behalf, both parties are expected to deliver for him.

Anthony Joshua has questioned why Tyson Fury has not been in "more challenging competitions" because his rival's career has been so much longer.

Tyson Fury and trainer Sugarhill Steward vow to fight in 2020 – even if a replacement for Deontay Wilder is needed

Tyson Fury is open to fighting a new opponent in the UK before the end of this year, if the Deontay Wilder trilogy is delayed.

WBC heavyweight champion Fury is contracted to a third fight with Wilder and has agreed financial terms for two meetings with Anthony Joshua, set for 2021, to decide an undisputed ruler.

But those plans were interrupted when Top Rank's Bob Arum, Fury's US-based promoter, told ESPN that the targeted date for the third fight with Wilder of December 19 would be pushed into 2021 because it clashed with American football games.

Asked if Fury would welcome a fight in the UK against a different opponent to stay busy this year, his trainer Sugarhill Steward exclusively told Sky Sports: "I would like Tyson to fight, PERIOD!

"If a fight can be made for Tyson this year then let's have at it."

Fury earlier told TalkSport: "I'm very ready to fight but the problem is I keep hearing different stories about what's supposed to be happening in my career.

"I'm supposed to be boxing on December 19 in Las Vegas against Deontay Wilder in a trilogy, and I keep hearing different stories every two days about what's going on.

"Recently I read a story that they're trying to bring it forward a week or bring it back a week or whatever, but the one thing I want to announce to the world is I will be fighting in December, whether it's Deontay Wilder in Las Vegas, or if it's Joe Bloggs in England."

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/ne...if-a-replacement-for-deontay-wilder-is-needed

Islamabad: Pakistan’s Usman Wazir will compete in the first-ever Asian Boxing Federation’s title fight here tomorrow.

According to the details, this fight will be the first of its kind in Pakistan and a huge amount of interest has already been shown in it.

While talking to the media on the sidelines of a public weight ceremony, British boxer Amir Khan said he has fulfilled his promise to bring high-profile boxing events in Pakistan. “It is just the first step to bring professional boing events in Pakistan,” he said.

“I am happy to see immense support for boxing in the country and that is why I decided to be here on this auspicious occasion. I hope to bring some more action in near future,” he added.

https://arysports.tv/usman-wazir-compete-title-fight-tomorrow-islamabad/

ISLAMABAD, Oct 02 (APP): The weight-ins of the boxers for the First-ever Boxing Show announced by the Amir Khan (AK) Promotions were held here at a local hotel on Friday.

The Boxing Show would be held on Saturday here at the Amir Khan Boxing Academy, Pakistan sports Complex. Apart from boxers, coaches, promoters and boxer Aamir Khan were present on the occasion.

The event was being conducted on the guidelines of Federal Minister for Inter Provincial Coordination Dr. Fehmida Mirza, Promotion Boxing Event where world renowned boxers from Afghanistan, Indonesia, Philippines, Poland, and hosts Pakistan were featuring in the extravaganza to be broadcasted live on PTV Sports.

Speaking on the occasion, Aamir said he had promised the nation that international standard boxing events would be held in the country.

“This journey is going to begin on Saturday (October 3) and it will be the first mega event of professional boxing in the history of Pakistan,” he said and added that he would continue holding such events in the country but also requested for the government’s patronage in this regard. Aamir said Asian boy Usman Wazir was fully prepared to enter the ring and would be victorious in his fight.

On the occasion, Usman said he was very grateful to Aamir Khan for not only promoting boxing in the country but also uplifting the talent at world-class competitions.

“This is my first professional fight in the country and I’m very excited in this regard and I will dedicate my victory to my country,” he said.

The main event bout would take place between Usman and Indonesian Boida in the superlight division. In the co-main events, Pakistan’s Asif Hazara would fight against Afghanistan’s Ramin Nejrabi in the superfly weight category, while Pakistan’s Nadir Baloch will face challenge from another Afghan pugilist Mohammad Salim in the featherweight category.

In under card fights, Pakistan’s Kamran Wahab would take on compatriot Muhammad Zaman in the lightweight category, while Bilal Mehsud will try his luck against Afghanistan’s Amin ul Haq in the superlightweight category. Pakistan’s Allah Baksh will fight against Polish boxer Artur Krzysztof in the heavyweight category.

Similarly, the super featherweight bout would be held between Pakistan’s Sikander Abbasi and Afghanistan’s Jawad Hassan. In the lightweight category, Pakistan’s Zahoor Abbas would fight against compatriot Moin Khan, while ‘Pakhtoon Boy’ Adil Said will take on compatriot Abbas Ali in the middleweight category.

https://www.app.com.pk/sports/first-ever-boxing-show-on-saturday/

Manny Pacquiao considering comeback for Conor McGregor but Timothy Bradley ended his dominance in 2012

Manny Pacquiao's dominance of the sport was ended by Timothy Bradley in a controversial setback that set the scene for his most disastrous defeat.

The Filipino superstar is considering a shock comeback for a multi-million pound clash with Conor McGregor, a decade on from when he established himself as one of the world's finest pound-for-pound fighters, defeating esteemed rivals such as Oscar De La Hoya, Miguel Cotto and Marco Antonio Barrera.

But back in June 2012, American Timothy Bradley ended Pacquiao's masterful seven-year spell with a hotly disputed points victory at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Read more: https://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/12088093/how-pac-man-became-vulnerable

Islamabad: Pakistan’s Usman Wazir has won the Asian Boxing Council’s title by defeating Indonesia’s Boida Bulldozer on Sunday.

He claimed the title by knocking out his opponent which was held at Aamir Khan Boxing Academy. The fight consisted of 10 rounds.

On the other hand, in the featherweight category, Nadir Baloch of Pakistan defeated Hamid of Afghanistan by 59-52 points after the sixth round.

In the super lightweight category, Bilal Mehsud of Pakistan knocked out Aminul Haq of Afghanistan in the second round.

Jawad Hussain of Afghanistan won in the featherweight category, while Adil Saeed defeated his compatriot Abbas Ali in the middleweight category.

Read: Usman Wazir to compete in title fight tomorrow in Islamabad
“We would soon announce another boxing event in Pakistan,” said Pakistan-born Amir Khan. “We will continue to have boxing in Pakistan but it requires the full cooperation of the government and institutions,” he added.

British High-Commissioner to Pakistan Christain Turner also attended the boxing show.

https://arysports.tv/usman-wazir-wins-first-ever-asian-boxing-federations-title/

Deontay Wilder's team have denied a media report that a third WBC heavyweight title fight against Tyson Fury has been abandoned.

The American heavyweight lost his WBC belt to Fury in February following a seventh-round stoppage loss in Las Vegas, but Wilder is expected to receive a third fight, but a date and venue is yet to be arranged.

Recent claims Wilder no longer has a contractual clause for the trilogy clash, paving the way for Fury to fight Anthony Joshua instead, have been denied by the Alabama man's co-manager Shelly Finkel.

"They are wrong, we will fight in December," Finkel told Sky Sports.

Promoter Eddie Hearn revealed last month he was ready to send out a formal contract for the undisputed world title fight between Joshua and Fury, provided that both British rivals won their next fights.

"Fury against Joshua is a big ambition of everybody involved, to be honest," Hearn told Sky Sports.

"We want to talk about it, but we also want to take care of business, which is Kubrat Pulev for AJ, and Deontay Wilder for Tyson Fury.

"I'm very sure you're going to see two versions of that fight in 2021. I think we're on the verge now of papering that deal with Bob Arum. We haven't done it yet, but all the conversations are positive.

"We have a lot on our plates with the pandemic, making sure we keep boxing alive and trying to deliver those fights for AJ and Fury, but I think 2021, I'm very sure you'll see those two fights."

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/ne...ims-third-tyson-fury-fight-has-been-abandoned

Fury bears Joshua or wilder hands down. I would like to see him fight King Kong. That will be a fight.

Tyson Fury claims his trilogy fight with Deontay Wilder will not happen, so he plans to fight a different opponent in the UK later this year instead.

Kubrat Pulev will fight champion Anthony Joshua in a world heavyweight title bout in London on 12 December, the Bulgarian claims.

Briton Joshua was originally scheduled to fight Pulev, 39, on 20 June but it was postponed because of coronavirus.

"It's official: Pulev vs. Joshua on 12 December in London," Pulev posted on his official website on Monday.

Tyson Fury's search for a new opponent: 'Oscar Rivas is the best and logical' choice

Tyson Fury would find "the best challenge" by fighting Oscar Rivas in his planned homecoming, says the Colombian's co-promoter.

WBC heavyweight champion Fury has insisted a third fight with Deontay Wilder is now off the table and he instead plans a title defence in the UK in December, before meeting Anthony Joshua next year.

Fury tweeted on Monday, suggesting he would no longer face Wilder in Las Vegas: "The Gypsy King is coming home. See you all in December."

Rivas, a former opponent of Dillian Whyte who shares a US-based promoter with Fury in Top Rank, has emerged as a viable option.

"Oscar is fit, available, ranked No 8 by the WBC and would gladly take the challenge," his co-promoter Yvon Michel told Sky Sports.

"Now for December I believe Oscar would be the best and the logical choice for Fury in his first title defence.

"We know Fury loves challenges and fights for the fans. Fury has written the best story of all for a fighter who became a heavyweight champion of the world and I am sure he is aware of Rivas' story.

"Rivas would be the best challenge and a fan-friendly fight.

"Oscar is in training and was supposed to fight on December 19 as co-feature on the Fury vs Wilder fight."

Fury's trainer Sugarhill Steward exclusively told Sky Sports: "Tyson and myself agree that another fight in 2020 makes sense, in sticking with the original plan to fight this year, period.

"I am really excited to see Tyson in the ring again to once again watch him grow into a fighter which the world anticipates viewing his future bouts henceforth in his career."

Colombian-born, Canada-based Rivas is the highest-ranked available WBC contender.

Oleksandr Usyk fights Derek Chisora on October 31 and Whyte will rematch Alexander Povetkin on November 21, both live on Sky Sports Box Office.

Luis Ortiz, Joseph Parker and Daniel Dubois already have fights lined up and Andy Ruiz Jr is still finalising his comeback.

"[Rivas] will be at the top of an elite pool of fighters in the division who will have a big say," Top Rank president Todd duBoef told Sky Sports when they re-signed him earlier this year.

Rivas has won 26 of his 27 fights - his only loss came on his sole visit to the UK, when he was outpointed by Whyte.

"How ironic it would be to see Rivas fighting for the WBC heavyweight world title before Whyte who is trying to salvage his career in his next fight against Povetkin," Michel added.

"Rivas proved he belongs with the top heavyweight contenders in the world. He has the skill and he is very dangerous for 12 rounds!

"Not only did he knock down Whyte in the ninth round but he had him hurt in the 12th also! He KO'd Bryant Jennings in the 12th round of their fight prior to the Whyte contest.

"A Fury vs Rivas fight would be a very intriguing and significant fight that will create awareness and attention everywhere.

"The selection of Rivas is a logical and the best possible choice, no doubt about it!"

Read more: https://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/12102647/rivas-the-best-and-logical-rival-for-fury

Tyson Fury challenged by Otto Wallin - 'the man that came closest to beating him'

Otto Wallin did more damage to Tyson Fury than Deontay Wilder managed so deserves a rematch, insists his promoter.

The race is on to fight Fury in the UK in December, after the WBC heavyweight champion claimed his planned trilogy bout against Wilder was no longer happening.

"The Gypsy King is coming home. See you all in December," Fury tweeted this week.

Dmitriy Salita, the promoter of former Fury opponent Wallin, told Sky Sports: "Otto called me as soon as he read about the possible fall out and said, 'Let's get the rematch, I am going to beat him!'"

"Out of all the world-class opponents that Fury beat, including Wladimir Klitschko and Wilder, Otto landed more punches and did more damage in the ring than anyone else.

"Wallin landed 127 punches, according to CompuBox. By way of comparison, Wladimir Klitschko landed just 52 punches against Fury, and in their two fights combined, Deontay Wilder landed just 105."

Fury was forced to overcome a terrible cut to outpoint the previously-unbeaten Wallin in Las Vegas last year. He then dispensed with Ben Davison as his trainer, and replaced him with Sugarhill Steward.

"He's very lucky not to lose the fight with that cut," said Anthony Joshua's promoter Eddie Hearn at the time.

"I think any other country in the world, they would have stopped the fight."

Wallin's promoter Salita continued: "Many observers felt the fight could have been stopped due to the cut. There was added controversy of a TV commentator notifying Ben Davison that the cut was caused by a punch and not a headbutt.

"Tyson may be the best heavyweight in the world but the man that came closest to beating him, learned and improved as a result of that highest-level, world-class experience is Otto Wallin."

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/ne...llin-the-man-that-came-closest-to-beating-him

Conor McGregor has targeted a boxing return against Manny Pacquiao after agreeing his next UFC fight.

Joshua vs Pulev: Anthony Joshua shuns Tyson Fury 'circus' but wants 'pot of gold' with undisputed fight

Anthony Joshua is ignoring the Tyson Fury 'circus' but admits a 'pot of gold' fight with his British rival lies ahead, if he defeats Kubrat Pulev.

Britain's unified world heavyweight champion has announced his next title defence against IBF mandatory challenger Pulev at The O2 on December 12.

Fury is seeking a new opponent for an expected homecoming fight after talks broke down for a third fight with Deontay Wilder and Joshua is paying no attention to the current speculation, despite ongoing talks for an undisputed world title fight against the WBC champion.

"The situation with him and Wilder, now he's up in the air, what he's doing," Joshua told Sky Sports News.

"It's just a bit of a circus going on. When it's solidified, you'll hear it from me. Until then, I'm not really into the whole circus act and trying to promote my name off his back and him doing the same.

"I'm keen to fight him for sure, he's a competitor in my division. A good one as well. It will give me a chance to showcase what I'm about as well."

Joshua regained his WBA, IBF and WBO belts in a rematch win over Andy Ruiz Jr in December, only six months after his shock first professional defeat in New York, and he is fully aware of the threat posed by Pulev.

"I had my little slip-up last year," he said. "We've brushed it off and we've got the belts back and now I'm going to go out there and get back on the gravy train and fight the likes of Fury 100 per cent.

"But without getting past Kubrat Pulev, who is a serious competitor and challenger, there aren't no talks of Tyson Fury and stuff like that.

"It's a tough game I'm in, because as I said it's the pot of gold at the end of rainbow, but before that I've got to navigate my way through and Pulev is a big old heavyweight standing in the way of that pot of gold.

"I'm still very hungry and disciplined, so I want to steamroll through him. That's the fighter's talk coming out. With that being said, it takes a lot of training in the gym and that is what training camp is about."

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/12106021/aj-shuns-fury-circus-but-wants-pot-of-gold

Ritson vs Vazquez: Eddie Hearn questions ringside conduct of judge Terry O'Connor

Promoter Eddie Hearn has questioned if a ringside judge was scrolling through his phone during Lewis Ritson’s controversial win over Miguel Vazquez.

Ritson won a split decision and judge Terry O'Connor was one of two judges who scored the fight in his favour.

But Hearn commented on a picture on social media questioning if O'Connor was paying enough attention.

Hearn also admitted that he thought his fighter, Ritson, did not deserve to win.

"This image is extremely troubling to any person involved in boxing," WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman said.

Robert Smith has told Sky Sports News that the British Boxing Board of Control will be investigating the performance of O'Connor.

O'Connor's scorecard of 117-111 was the widest of the Ritson vs Vazquez fight.

The same judge, earlier in the night, scored in favour of Thomas Patrick Ward against Thomas Essomba - that fight was a draw after Ward sustained a terrible cut.

Read more: https://www.skysports.com/boxing/ne...tions-ringside-conduct-of-judge-terry-oconnor

Usyk vs Chisora: Derek Chisora hopes Tyson Fury fulfils his promise of a third fight if he shocks Oleksandr Usyk

Derek Chisora firmly believes that a stunning victory over Oleksandr Usyk will secure another world title shot after Tyson Fury "promised" him a third fight.

The British heavyweight will attempt to produce a sensational victory over Usyk on Saturday, October 31, live on Sky Sports Box Office, with the winner staying firmly in world title contention.

Usyk is already the WBO mandatory challenger for unified champion Joshua, but Chisora wants to snatch this status from the Ukrainian star or pursue a trilogy clash with WBC champion Fury.

Read more: https://www.skysports.com/boxing/ne...-of-a-third-fight-if-he-shocks-oleksandr-usyk

Usyk vs Chisora: Could Derek Chisora really fight Anthony Joshua or Tyson Fury for a world title?

Derek Chisora potentially challenging his ally Anthony Joshua is “madness in itself” but would become a reality if Oleksandr Usyk is swept aside this weekend, says promoter Eddie Hearn.

Chisora must first cause an upset against the unbeaten Usyk on Saturday, live on Sky Sports Box Office, to inherit a position as the mandatory challenger to Joshua's WBO title.

Chisora and Joshua retain a close relationship after emerging through the same amateur gym and have never seriously entertained fighting each other, but Hearn insists they would share a ring if a world championship was at stake.

"There is no official ruling from the WBO but, basically, if Chisora beats Usyk he becomes the mandatory challenger for Joshua which is madness in itself," Hearn told Sky Sports.

"Liken it to Alexander Povetkin vs Dillian Whyte. Chisora is basically where Povetkin is - a top 10 fighter at the back-end of his career, he has fought for a world title and come up short, had some great wins to revive himself.

"They are both fighting mandatory challengers. If you beat the mandatory challenger, like Povetkin did, then you become the mandatory challenger.

"[Chisora's manager] David Haye is lobbying [WBO president] Paco Valcarcel to say: 'Usyk is the mandatory for Joshua - if we win, we take that spot'.

"They should.

"Usyk is No 1 so if Chisora wins, he should be No 1.

"It's a remarkable turnaround in his career.

"Chisora has put every drop of his soul into this camp and will leave everything in the ring trying to pull off one of the greatest upsets ever by a British fighter."

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/ne...nthony-joshua-or-tyson-fury-for-a-world-title

Oleksandr Usyk v Derek Chisora: Who will win?

Derek Chisora must beat Oleksandr Usyk on Saturday if he is to have any chance of fighting for the heavyweight world title again.

That's the verdict of the Radio 5 Live Boxing team, who will provide commentary of the fight on the BBC Sport website and the BBC Sounds.

Briton Chisora, 36, knows toppling highly touted Usyk from Ukraine will catapult him into the conversation for a crack at a title.

More than eight years have passed since Chisora's only world-title tilt resulted in defeat by Vitali Klitschko.

"It really is the last chance," said BBC boxing correspondent Mike Costello.

"The queue is just getting too long for Chisora to get back to anywhere near the front of it if he loses."

So can Chisora - a fighter typically so buoyed by fans - pull off a shock behind closed doors at Wembley Arena?

No regrets is fuelling the fire

Promoter Eddie Hearn has revealed a written-off Chisora told him two years ago that his career "ain't nowhere near over yet".

For once Chisora seems to have found a peace. A fighter once in the headlines for throwing tables, brawling with rivals outside the ring and slapping opponents at weigh-ins has perhaps started contemplating how his final years in the ring will be remembered.

"Motivation for me is I don't want to say 'I could have done this or that' after I retire," said Chisora. "I want to give it all when I can.

"When it's all done I can look back and say 'do I have any regrets?'. Right now I don't have any.

"I may lose nine rounds, 11 rounds. Who knows what will happen in 12? It's boxing, you don't know. I hope he is ready because we are bringing violence, boxing, everything. We will throw so much stuff at him."

Read more: https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/54746235

Oleksandr Usyk v Derek Chisora: Who will win?

Derek Chisora must beat Oleksandr Usyk on Saturday if he is to have any chance of fighting for the heavyweight world title again.

That's the verdict of the Radio 5 Live Boxing team, who will provide commentary of the fight on the BBC Sport website and the BBC Sounds.

Briton Chisora, 36, knows toppling highly touted Usyk from Ukraine will catapult him into the conversation for a crack at a title.

More than eight years have passed since Chisora's only world-title tilt resulted in defeat by Vitali Klitschko.

"It really is the last chance," said BBC boxing correspondent Mike Costello.

"The queue is just getting too long for Chisora to get back to anywhere near the front of it if he loses."

So can Chisora - a fighter typically so buoyed by fans - pull off a shock behind closed doors at Wembley Arena?

No regrets is fuelling the fire

Promoter Eddie Hearn has revealed a written-off Chisora told him two years ago that his career "ain't nowhere near over yet".

For once Chisora seems to have found a peace. A fighter once in the headlines for throwing tables, brawling with rivals outside the ring and slapping opponents at weigh-ins has perhaps started contemplating how his final years in the ring will be remembered.

"Motivation for me is I don't want to say 'I could have done this or that' after I retire," said Chisora. "I want to give it all when I can.

"When it's all done I can look back and say 'do I have any regrets?'. Right now I don't have any.

"I may lose nine rounds, 11 rounds. Who knows what will happen in 12? It's boxing, you don't know. I hope he is ready because we are bringing violence, boxing, everything. We will throw so much stuff at him."

Read more: https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/54746235

Chisora will lose i think. He is a bum

Usyk vs Chisora: Anthony Joshua insists Derek Chisora's 'one-shot knockout power' could be the difference

Derek Chisora's superior power with a single punch could defeat Oleksandr Usyk in a split-second, warns Anthony Joshua.

Chisora will expect to be the bigger puncher when he takes on the skilful Usyk on Saturday night, live on Sky Sports Box Office, in a heavyweight fight with major ramifications.

Joshua told Sky Sports: "I've sparred Derek since I was 18. A strong man.

"If he does land?

"Look at Derek's knockouts - they aren't when he lands five shots then the ref jumps in.

"Boom! Artur Szpilka.

"Boom! Carlos Takam.

"He hit them with one shot and knocked them out. You can see he carries one-shot knockout power."

Thirteen of Usyk's 17 wins have come inside the distance, including his knockout of Tony Bellew on his previous visit to the UK.

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/ne...e-shot-knockout-power-could-be-the-difference

Deontay Wilder has urged Tyson Fury to "be a man" and honour their "agreement" to contest a third fight.

Oleksandr Usyk clinically picked apart Derek Chisora on Saturday night to win their heavyweight fight by unanimous decision

Oleksandr Usyk tells Anthony Joshua: Fight me next or vacate WBO heavyweight title

Oleksandr Usyk has given his sternest warning yet that he will not wait for Anthony Joshua to fight Tyson Fury before demanding his own shot.

Usyk reinforced his status as the mandatory challenger to Joshua's WBO heavyweight title by outpointing Derek Chisora on Saturday night and intends to fight for the belt in 2021.

But IBF, WBA and WBO champion Joshua must come through his next defence against Kubrat Pulev on December 12, live on Sky Sports Box Office, then plans two fights against WBC title holder Fury next year.

The victorious Usyk told Sky Sports News the morning after beating Chisora: "I am the mandatory for Joshua so he has two options.

"One; to fight me.

"Two; to vacate and to go and fight Fury.

"Either he fights me or relinquishes.

"I am waiting. I am ready."

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/ne...fight-me-next-or-vacate-wbo-heavyweight-title

One for boxing fans and a very good documentary - Pariah: The lives and death of Sonny Liston.

Oleksandr Usyk has given his sternest warning yet that he will not wait for Anthony Joshua to fight Tyson Fury before demanding his own shot.

Derek Chisora could fight Dillian Whyte for a third time, says David Haye

Derek Chisora's "amazing options" for his next fight include a third battle with his old rival Dillian Whyte, says manager David Haye.

Chisora fell to a unanimous decision defeat to the unbeaten Oleksandr Usyk on Saturday night but still retains the hunger and ability to compete at the top level, according to Haye.

"Seeing him compete with one of the top fighters on the planet shows me that we are doing the right things," Haye told Sky Sports News.

"In my opinion, he was really and truly fighting fit for 12 rounds.

"This is just the beginning. He is raring to go.

"He called me [Sunday] morning and said: 'I want get straight back in there, I know that I can do better'.

"There are some amazing options out there.

"Joseph Parker was scheduled before the spider bite!

"Dillian Whyte III? Who would not want to see that?

"I can tell you for a fact - I was in both training camps for [the rematch with Whyte and then Usyk] and what Chisora did in training was significantly improved."

Whyte edged a split decision victory over Chisora in their first fight, then won the rematch with a vicious knockout.

But Whyte's immediate focus will be on a crunch rematch with Alexander Povetkin on November 21, live on Sky Sports Box Office.

Whyte was controlling his first fight with Povetkin until falling to a shuddering knockout which abruptly halted his world title ambitions.

Chisora had rebounded with three impressive wins until running into Usyk at the weekend.

The 42-fight veteran has shared a ring with Vitali Klitschko, Tyson Fury (twice), Kubrat Pulev and Carlos Takam and, despite now being 36, has no intention of retiring yet.

"I feel great, just disappointed," Chisora said immediately after losing to Usyk.

"Yeah, 100 per cent [I thought I won]. I was pushing the pace. Yeah, I gave a couple of rounds away, but I was pushing the pace. But the judges saw it a different way.

"Half of the time, I'm setting the pace, he's not setting the pace. I gave a couple of rounds away, 100 per cent, and he caught me with some good shots. But not with like painful shots."

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/ne...illian-whyte-for-a-third-time-says-david-haye

Dillian Whyte's rematch with Alexander Povetkin has been postponed after the Russian tested positive for coronavirus.

Povetkin, 41, produced a stunning knockout win over the British heavyweight in August and the pair were due to fight again on 21 November.

Promoter Eddie Hearn tweeted Povetkin was "in hospital".

"Povetkin-Whyte II is postponed with a new target date of 30 January 2021," Hearn's Matchroom Boxing tweeted.

Matchroom said it would announce news on whether the rest of the 21 November show would go ahead in due course.

The news is a blow to 32-year-old Whyte, who has been preparing at his training camp in Portugal and worked remotely as a pundit for BBC Radio 5 Live during Oleksandr Usyk's win over Derek Chisora on Saturday.

Whyte knew a win over Povetkin would put him in with a clear shot at challenging for the WBC heavyweight title - held by Tyson Fury - in 2021.

Povetkin found a clinical punch to end their August contest after being on the canvas twice himself in the bout.

And Hearn was quick to raise the prospect of Whyte now being available to become Fury's opponent on 5 December.

Fury is due to fight in the UK on the date but so far has no opponent and Hearn posted on Twitter: "Dillian Whyte v Tyson Fury anyone?"

https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/54798569

Dillian Whyte will wait for Alexander Povetkin - Tyson Fury set to fight Agit Kabayel

Dillian Whyte will wait to fight Alexander Povetkin next year because Tyson Fury has lined up Agit Kabayel as his next opponent.

Whyte was offered up by his promoter Eddie Hearn to step in as Fury's challenger when his rematch with Povetkin was postponed.

Derek Chisora and his manager David Haye then offered to fight Whyte at just two weeks' notice, and only three weeks after Chisora lost to Oleksandr Usyk.

Asked who Whyte's next opponent would be, Hearn posted on social media: "If not Fury then Povetkin."

Hearn then added: "The fight he wants more than anything is Povetkin because he has to rectify that defeat. There was one other fight he would take, and that was Fury on December 5. I'm not sure we expect that to happen.

"Realistically we will postpone the fight with Povetkin to January 30."

And Fury is set to finalise his first WBC title defence at London's Royal Albert Hall on December 5 against Kabayel, his UK-based promoter Frank Warren told talkSPORT this week.

So Whyte, rather than oblige Chisora, will wait to face Povetkin in a rematch - they had been due to fight again on November 21 but Povetkin has been hospitalised with Covid-19.

Whyte must avenge a knockout defeat to Povetkin to regain the status as mandatory challenger to Fury's WBC title.

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/ne...povetkin-tyson-fury-set-to-fight-agit-kabayel

Anthony Joshua’s Olympic rival Zhilei Zhang holds the key to 'mega-fight' in China – but can it become a reality?

As far back as 2016 when Anthony Joshua first became world heavyweight champion there were talks about how he could unlock the door to a Chinese audience, a largely unrealised potential market where boxing is a developing industry.

Always key to the idea of Joshua going truly global was a local rival he could face in the ring to pique the regional interest - Chinese heavyweight Zhang Zhilei fit the bill except his rise has been slow and frustrating.

Suddenly 'Big Bang' Zhang has a chance to grasp genuine momentum - he is now solely promoted by Eddie Hearn's Matchroom and set to end a year-long absence from the ring. In the background the wheels are turning to use Zhang to attract the vast viewership in China so if his ability is real, then now is the time to prove it.

Read more: https://www.skysports.com/boxing/ne...ga-fight-in-china-but-can-it-become-a-reality

Dillian Whyte criticises David Haye’s role in Derek Chisora’s defeat

Dillian Whyte has questioned why David Haye allowed Derek Chisora to have a set of trainers with no “boxing experience” in his corner for the defeat to Oleksandr Usyk.

Chisora fell to a unanimous decision loss to the unbeaten Usyk but his manager Haye claims he is "ageing like a fine wine" and wanted him to rebound at three weeks' notice to fight Whyte this month.

"I thought Derek could have done much better," Whyte told Sky Sports about his old rival's performance against Usyk.

"He let himself down by not having any boxing experience in his corner to guide him and tell him what to do.

"He just went into the ring with a mind-set of 'knockout, knockout, knockout' but it didn't work and he just stuck to that game-plan.

"Derek was the boss in his corner. They aren't boxing coaches and they didn't give the advice he needed to make the adjustments to beat Usyk.

"One of them said: 'If you win this round, you are winning the fight'.

"What?

"That is a lack of boxing experience. Because he was fit and throwing punches they thought he was winning. No!

"Why wasn't Haye in his corner? Or Dave Coldwell who has trained him before? Don't just have your mates in the corner for the biggest fight of your life."

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/ne...ses-david-hayes-role-in-derek-chisoras-defeat

Devin Haney cruised past Yuriorkis Gamboa with a unanimous decision to defend his WBC lightweight title behind closed doors in Florida on Saturday.

The unbeaten Haney was fighting for the first time since last November after undergoing shoulder surgery in January.

Kell Brook was knocked down then stopped by Terence Crawford inside four rounds of their WBO welterweight title fight in Las Vegas on Saturday night.

A right hook from Crawford sent Brook spiralling into the ropes, before the champion closed the show clinically and quickly by landing a flurry of punches.

Tyson Fury abandons plans to fight in December

Briton Tyson Fury has abandoned plans to fight in London on 5 December.

The 32-year-old world heavyweight champion, who has not fought since beating Deontay Wilder in February, had been expected to confirm a bout against Germany's Agit Kabayel.

But on Sunday he said he would now not return to the ring until 2021.

"The Gypsy King is returning in 2021. Only those that have supported me 100% since my comeback will be with me for the glory," Fury wrote on Twitter.

Last week, Wilder called on Fury to "honour his agreement" for a third fight.

Fury had said Wilder will "never get a shot" after the American accused him of putting "something hard" in his gloves before their February bout.

Fury beat Wilder in Las Vegas to win the WBC world heavyweight title, 14 months on from them fighting to a draw.

A trilogy fight was due to take place during the summer but delays led Englishman Fury to seek other plans and state their rematch clause has lapsed.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/54954122

Tyson Fury's record is 'laughable' in comparison to Anthony Joshua, says promoter Eddie Hearn

Tyson Fury's list of opponents is "laughable" in comparison to Anthony Joshua who will prove himself as "the baddest man on the planet", says promoter Eddie Hearn.

Unified champion Joshua defends his world heavyweight titles against Kubrat Pulev on December 12, live on Sky Sports Box Office, and victory paves the way for a blockbuster battle with Fury.

The WBC title holder has ruled out a homecoming clash with Agit Kabayel in December amid an ongoing dispute over a third fight with Deontay Wilder, but Joshua's promoter Hearn believes Fury's choice of challenger should end any debate about which British star has the better record.

"It makes me laugh when people look at AJ's resume," Hearn told Sky Sports. "Maybe I'm seeing something other people don't?

"I mean Dillian Whyte, Dominic Breazeale, Wladimir Klitschko, Joseph Parker, Alexander Povetkin, Carlos Takam previously that I missed out, Andy Ruiz, Kubrat Pulev.

"These are consecutive fights. You don't see Tom Schwarz, Otto Wallin, Sefer Serferi. Who is the other geezer? I can't even remember his name, the Italian bloke? And then Agit Kabayel.

"I mean it's laughable when you compare the two resumes, but it's in black and white for everyone to see."

Hearn has admitted that Fury's mediation process with Wilder could delay a planned undisputed world title clash in 2021, meaning that Joshua could firstly fulfil a WBO mandatory title defence against Oleksandr Usyk.

The Matchroom boss insists his fighter has no concerns about facing the Ukrainian pound-for-pound star, who defeated Derek Chisora on points last month, although Joshua's top priority is to prove himself as the world No 1 by toppling Fury.

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/ne...n-to-anthony-joshua-says-promoter-eddie-hearn

Anthony Joshua vs Kubrat Pulev has extra precautions to prevent hunt for a late replacement opponent

Anthony Joshua's world title fight has "extra precautions" to ease fears about finding a late replacement for Kubrat Pulev, says promoter Eddie Hearn.

Britain's unified heavyweight champion is due to defend his world titles against Pulev on December 12, live on Sky Sports Box Office, in Joshua's first fight on home soil for over two years.

Dillian Whyte's rematch with Alexander Povetkin was recently postponed after the Russian tested positive for Covid-19, while new opponents have been regularly drafted in during the pandemic, but Hearn hopes to avoid such issues with Joshua-Pulev.

Asked about a standby opponent, Hearn told Sky Sports: "No, Kubrat Pulev will be making his way to London shortly, sooner than we think, and he will be entering the bubble weeks in advance.

"A lot of these top heavyweights and these guys who are earning considerable purses are being constantly tested on a daily basis.

"You look at Derek Chisora, I think he was getting tested every other day. We will bring Pulev here. Every international fighter has to be tested before they travel, and we will make sure he's in the bubble, in an enclosed environment, because you just can't risk it.

"Normally on fight week, you get a five or 10 per cent chance that a fight could fall through. Here it's 50-50, for every fight.

"When you talk about a fight of that size, you have to take extra precautions and that will be making sure both guys are in a bubble, nice and early, and are locked away under strict surveillance to make sure that they're good to go for fight night."

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/ne...-prevent-hunt-for-a-late-replacement-opponent

Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez to fight Briton Callum Smith on 19 December

British WBA world super-middleweight champion Callum Smith will fight Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez on 19 December.

The fight will take place in the United States, with the venue still to be confirmed.

Mexican Alvarez is seen as one of the best fighters in boxing and has held world belts in four weight divisions.

Liverpudlian Smith, 30, is unbeaten in 27 fights, defending his world title twice since winning it from George Groves in 2018.

"I have wanted a big fight since becoming world champion, so I am pleased that during these challenging times we can deliver to the fans a fight between the very best in the division," Smith said.

"I truly believe I [will] beat him and will prove that 168lbs is my division."

Alvarez currently holds the 'regular' form of Smith's WBA super-middleweight belt and holds two belts at middleweight.

It will be a first fight in more than a year for 30-year-old Alvarez, who has only lost once in 56 bouts - against Floyd Mayweather in 2013.

Smith's last fight was also in November 2019, when he beat John Ryder in Liverpool.

Alvarez beat Smith's brother Liam in 2016.

Smith's promoter Eddie Hearn told BBC Newsbeat last week it would be "an honour" to fight a "pound-for-pound great" in Alvarez.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/54981343

Anthony Joshua vs Tyson Fury? Eddie Hearn tells Fury to ‘go straight into’ undisputed title mega-fight

Tyson Fury has been told by promoter Eddie Hearn not to take “a small fight” and to take on Anthony Joshua as his next opponent in 2021.

IBF, WBA and WBO champion Joshua and WBC title holder Fury had agreed financial terms to two fights next year to crown an undisputed heavyweight champion.

Joshua must first come through his defence against Kubrat Pulev on December 12, live on Sky Sports Box Office, where Hearn is expecting him to "absolutely destroy" his challenger.

Fury's plans are less clear - he turned his back on a trilogy fight with Deontay Wilder in order to take on a UK homecoming fight on December 5 which has now fallen through, and is now in a mediation process after Wilder broke his silence to demand they meet again.

Asked if Joshua vs Fury is still likely to take place in 2021, Hearn told Sky Sports: "Listen, it's completely over to them.

"We have the dynamics of the deal in place.

"I don't want to hear [from] Fury: 'No, I'm thinking about fighting in March or April.'

"Why? Just go straight into the AJ fight.

"It's going to be the same timeframe.

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/ne...-go-straight-into-undisputed-title-mega-fight

Will be interesting to see how Canelo deals with a genuine super middleweight / much bigger man, this is arguably the toughest fight of his career. His resume is incredible really and the man has only just hit 30

Will be interesting to see how Canelo deals with a genuine super middleweight / much bigger man, this is arguably the toughest fight of his career. His resume is incredible really and the man has only just hit 30

Very happy for Callum Smith, he's undefeated and deserves a shot at Canelo. I agree this could be Canelo's toughest fight because Smith is a tough big strong guy who can hurt Canelo. However I think as we get into the later rounds , Canelo will have too much for him. Canelo on points is my prediction.

Btw what do you make of Wilders allegations of Fury's gloves tampering? Im not sure but I agree with Wilder, Fury should give him a re-match as per their contract.

Cáñelo is the later rounds. Too superior of a boxer. Wilder is a sore loser. He got his butt handed to him both times by Tyson. He always has a punchers chance as his right hand is a killer. Tyson is a superior boxer. Tyson should fight Joshua or King Kong and then circle back to wilder in a couple of years. Wilder needs to learn some new tricks.

Back