Boxing Thread

Fury took his soul when he slipped those shots...did everything he needed to announce himself to an American crowd...

Hart/Barrera was a fun fight too...

In the second round Fury just completely confused the F out of him with all his tools i.e. left hook, right hand, changing from southpaw to orthodox, footwork, jabbing with the right hand, jabbing with the left, throwing an unexpected upper cut from left to right hand, bobbing and weaving of a desperate 4 punch combination, jabbing the face and then quickly jabbing the body. Which 263 lb fighter can do all this?

Wladimir Klitshko did not look confused and bewildered on what to do against Fury after 20 title defences for nothing. I just wish Fury does away with the clowning around and show boating in the ring.

Schwarz looked like he had a decent chin but the referee did his job by protecting him and not letting him take any more punishment.

Completely agree.

Absolute perfection from Fury topped with a second round that will end up in his career highlights.

i think fury is smart enough to put it away the show boating when its right time. hes a brit trying to build a brand in america, its tough, even if you're as good as him. if hes totally in control of the fight like last night, see no issue with the show boating personally.

really good to see him putting up the weight, punching harder, looking more lean, and the singing after a ko without even sitting between rounds. hes pbly in the shape of his life and mentally sharper than ever before. exciting times.

Warrington was punching air...Wlad wasnt even throwing...

Wlad was clinching...Galahad was doing it here...

As you said the point of boxing is to hit and not get hit...I didn't see much of Galahad doing the hitting part and that's the problem...Warrington wasn't taking any punishment either...it was a terrible fight...

I gave him the fight cos he landed the odd clean punch...but there were plenty of swing rounds...

Im not saying Warrington won...I scored it for Galahad but im surprised you're calling it the worst decision of the year...not a robbery for me...too many rounds with no punches and just clinches...honestly other than that one uppercut by Galahad there wasnt a single notable punch in the fight...

Badlefthook for example in the US scored it a draw...

Had Galahad actually had more output then it would have been a clear win...

He's found his ceiling really...very good defensively but offers nothing offensively...for all that controlling of distance and making Warrington miss he really should have landed more...but he didn't have the offence...

Wlad wasn't throwing but punching air is hardly an improvement or something to catch my eye, there's a popular clip of a ref calling a bizzare stoppage while one of the fighters is throwing an incredible combination but not even landing one punch.

In a fight where there isn't much activity you still have to score rounds in favour of the fighter who is landing more punches and displaying the superior ring generalship, Warrington was getting tagged a lot more then Galahad. The thing is, we have seen these types of decisions for a while now to the point where we have to justify how the judges saw it but unfortunately I just can't do that on this occasion. Every time you have an away fighter, it is sickening that he will need a KO to win in the USA or UK; that is the state of this sport.

Anyway, I need to watch the Fury fight and Dorticos / Tabiti

Spectacular performance from the Gypsy King and what a show he put on! I honestly believe he is the most complete heavyweight fighter since Muhammad Ali; his ring generalship, lateral movement, evasiveness, head movement, control of range, speed, ability to switch hit and feint make him a devastating P4P elite level fighter; he can hurt you to when he sits on his punches, it's a myth that he can't hurt his opponents, against someone like a Wilder it's a bit silly to engage in that fashion as you risk getting caught in close proximity so it's better to be lighter on your feet and use speed/movement. Rarely do you see a man that size box like Floyd Mayweather! and he Lomachenko'd the German! I don't think anyone will feel short changed, that is PPV value regardless of opposition quality; beautiful, boxing at its absolute best.

The spectacle beyond his performance was unique just like the personality of Fury, only he could pull of an Apollo Creed themed entrance and then singing Aerosmith after the fight! what a man, what a fighter and what a personality; The Gypsy King has arrived in America! he is must see TV, doesn't matter who he fights; a great power play from Bob Arum to be working with him and it all just feels right doesn't it? there's just something special about seeing Arum promote the Gypsy King having lived through the golden age of heavyweight boxing. The other aspect of Fury's entrance which I found pretty cool was the walk from dressing room, to his left were images of former Lineal Heavyweight Champions. A fighter of this calibre comes around once in a generation or two, we should relish the great man.

Wlad wasn't throwing but punching air is hardly an improvement or something to catch my eye, there's a popular clip of a ref calling a bizzare stoppage while one of the fighters is throwing an incredible combination but not even landing one punch.

In a fight where there isn't much activity you still have to score rounds in favour of the fighter who is landing more punches and displaying the superior ring generalship, Warrington was getting tagged a lot more then Galahad. The thing is, we have seen these types of decisions for a while now to the point where we have to justify how the judges saw it but unfortunately I just can't do that on this occasion. Every time you have an away fighter, it is sickening that he will need a KO to win in the USA or UK; that is the state of this sport.

Anyway, I need to watch the Fury fight and Dorticos / Tabiti

Fury wasn't punching and Fury was outthrowing him...and outlanding him...more output...landed more...and got hit less...Fury didn't clinch either...he actually controlled distance...

Did you ever have the displeasure of watching John Ruiz fight?....he's a prime example of someone who clinched but created no offence out of it...not like Ward for instance...

I'm not actually sure he did outland Warrington...i do think his shots were cleaner though...but all the punches were pretty poor by both fighters...

Galahad landed one uppercut in the whole fight...other than that i dont remember a memorable punch...

I do agree though on the away fighter thing...if Galahad was the home fighter he would have won...this is why Galahad actually had to do more...and im not talking getting a KO...you honestly dont think Galahads offence and countering was awful??

Spectacular performance from the Gypsy King and what a show he put on! I honestly believe he is the most complete heavyweight fighter since Muhammad Ali; his ring generalship, lateral movement, evasiveness, head movement, control of range, speed, ability to switch hit and feint make him a devastating P4P elite level fighter; he can hurt you to when he sits on his punches, it's a myth that he can't hurt his opponents, against someone like a Wilder it's a bit silly to engage in that fashion as you risk getting caught in close proximity so it's better to be lighter on your feet and use speed/movement. Rarely do you see a man that size box like Floyd Mayweather! and he Lomachenko'd the German! I don't think anyone will feel short changed, that is PPV value regardless of opposition quality; beautiful, boxing at its absolute best.

The spectacle beyond his performance was unique just like the personality of Fury, only he could pull of an Apollo Creed themed entrance and then singing Aerosmith after the fight! what a man, what a fighter and what a personality; The Gypsy King has arrived in America! he is must see TV, doesn't matter who he fights; a great power play from Bob Arum to be working with him and it all just feels right doesn't it? there's just something special about seeing Arum promote the Gypsy King having lived through the golden age of heavyweight boxing. The other aspect of Fury's entrance which I found pretty cool was the walk from dressing room, to his left were images of former Lineal Heavyweight Champions. A fighter of this calibre comes around once in a generation or two, we should relish the great man.

Some beautiful combinations to finish off the German. Tyson is getting better and better with every fight. I agree with you the way he moves around the ring, may not have been seen since Ali! Fury v Ruiz would be nice to see up next but not sure if it is possible.

Arum is very smart , he wants Tyson to be the new hero in the US which is why he wore the American flag outfit. US have longed yearned for someone to get behind in the HW scene but never really took a shine to Wilder probably because a lot of the boxing purists in the US were not too keen on his style. But now I can see two huge fights with Wilder and wont be surprised if they gross the highest ever in boxing history.

Tyson Fury has a great opportunity to become undisputed, undefeated and lineal champion of the world for years to come!

Some beautiful combinations to finish off the German. Tyson is getting better and better with every fight. I agree with you the way he moves around the ring, may not have been seen since Ali! Fury v Ruiz would be nice to see up next but not sure if it is possible.

Arum is very smart , he wants Tyson to be the new hero in the US which is why he wore the American flag outfit. US have longed yearned for someone to get behind in the HW scene but never really took a shine to Wilder probably because a lot of the boxing purists in the US were not too keen on his style. But now I can see two huge fights with Wilder and wont be surprised if they gross the highest ever in boxing history.

Tyson Fury has a great opportunity to become undisputed, undefeated and lineal champion of the world for years to come!

To leave behind a lasting legacy you have to fight in America and do fairly well over there, in the sport of Boxing away victories are highly valued and in a territory like the USA you can cement your status as a hall of famer; but it's never easy making it there. Fury has always chased legacy and he is hitting two birds with one stone by deciding to have a run there and also sign with Arum because he can also expect excellent promotion by carefully matching him with a variety of opponents who will be designed to make the Gypsy King look good; and you know what, people can say what they like but he deserves this and it's an absolute joy to watch him perform regardless of opponent, moreover he has always gone into the real tough fights from the domestic circuit all the way to the international scene; he has never been protected and had to force the hand of governing bodies to earn title shots. So if Bob carefully manages Fury and sells him to the USA audience there is no issue with that at all, he has done the same with Lomachenko and Crawford as well. It's so bizzare, P4P Bob now has three of the most complete boxers on the planet :)) Fury's skill is up there with the P4P best.

I know you are saying he is getting better with each fight but honestly, this is Fury past his absolute peak; you don't recover from the abuse he put his body through in those 2 years that was just insane; on top of that mentally he is just not the same, I see it in his eyes mate; Boxing is his therapy / redemption, it scares me to think what will come of his state when he has to hang up those gloves and on top of that there is always a concern that he could just lose it. When you're having mental health problems, they never go away; but you can mitigate them by setting yourself goals and trying to keep positive energy. Fury is a very deep thinker and no matter what you see on the telly in terms of how well he is performing in the ring or the charismatic showboating; none of it means anything to him and he isn't attached to anything in this world, his family and boxing are keeping him going. And when Fury once said no man born from their mother can beat the Gypsy King, I truly believe that; the only person that can beat Tyson Fury is Tyson Fury himself.

To leave behind a lasting legacy you have to fight in America and do fairly well over there, in the sport of Boxing away victories are highly valued and in a territory like the USA you can cement your status as a hall of famer; but it's never easy making it there. Fury has always chased legacy and he is hitting two birds with one stone by deciding to have a run there and also sign with Arum because he can also expect excellent promotion by carefully matching him with a variety of opponents who will be designed to make the Gypsy King look good; and you know what, people can say what they like but he deserves this and it's an absolute joy to watch him perform regardless of opponent, moreover he has always gone into the real tough fights from the domestic circuit all the way to the international scene; he has never been protected and had to force the hand of governing bodies to earn title shots. So if Bob carefully manages Fury and sells him to the USA audience there is no issue with that at all, he has done the same with Lomachenko and Crawford as well. It's so bizzare, P4P Bob now has three of the most complete boxers on the planet :)) Fury's skill is up there with the P4P best.

I know you are saying he is getting better with each fight but honestly, this is Fury past his absolute peak; you don't recover from the abuse he put his body through in those 2 years that was just insane; on top of that mentally he is just not the same, I see it in his eyes mate; Boxing is his therapy / redemption, it scares me to think what will come of his state when he has to hang up those gloves and on top of that there is always a concern that he could just lose it. When you're having mental health problems, they never go away; but you can mitigate them by setting yourself goals and trying to keep positive energy. Fury is a very deep thinker and no matter what you see on the telly in terms of how well he is performing in the ring or the charismatic showboating; none of it means anything to him and he isn't attached to anything in this world, his family and boxing are keeping him going. And when Fury once said no man born from their mother can beat the Gypsy King, I truly believe that; the only person that can beat Tyson Fury is Tyson Fury himself.

P4P is interesting as many take this list to see who is the best boxer out there. It's a fair list for this but we have to remember the best out right boxer in the world is the heavyweight no.1 and that is Fury. It was nice of Ring magazine to recognise this, their ratings are always more accurate than of world boxing organistions. I cant see why Fury can't be no.1 P4P? AS you said he moves like Ali around the ring, his boxing skills are second to none and he is unbeaten. Why dont HW's get this 'title' ?

Boxing is his saviour and I too am worried about him when retires. I see Fury is a religious man, who has faith in God which will be a saving grace for him in the future. Its also nice to see his prayer routine before a fight which has included Islamic prayers too. May the Almighty protect this person in all areas of life, he has done so much in terms of inspirattion for so many. If you ever think the world is horrible and what is the point, just take a look at the life and comeback of Tyson Fury!

P4P is interesting as many take this list to see who is the best boxer out there. It's a fair list for this but we have to remember the best out right boxer in the world is the heavyweight no.1 and that is Fury. It was nice of Ring magazine to recognise this, their ratings are always more accurate than of world boxing organistions. I cant see why Fury can't be no.1 P4P? AS you said he moves like Ali around the ring, his boxing skills are second to none and he is unbeaten. Why dont HW's get this 'title' ?

Boxing is his saviour and I too am worried about him when retires. I see Fury is a religious man, who has faith in God which will be a saving grace for him in the future. Its also nice to see his prayer routine before a fight which has included Islamic prayers too. May the Almighty protect this person in all areas of life, he has done so much in terms of inspirattion for so many. If you ever think the world is horrible and what is the point, just take a look at the life and comeback of Tyson Fury!

You are right, unfortunately unless you are a CW like a Holyfield or Haye who moves up to HW and has success it will be tough to get into the top 10; I think HW's should be rewarded for performances against the absolute best in the world in addition to consistency; Wladmir was probably the last HW to be ranked in the top 2 or 3 amongst the P4P best for a decent amount of time and he deserved it in my opinion. One thing about The Ring as you say, they are generally accurate and also factor in the nature of your performances and the quality of opposition; if a decision doesn't go your way for example you wont get punished for it, the Boxrec system is good but where it fails is that they don't account for the eye-test / performance and you lose / gain points based on who you beat in the list; which is positive and negative I like to use both but prefer The Ring more often then not. From the top of my head, I think The Ring did rank Tyson in the Top 10 P4P list after he beat Wladmir. I agree, Fury's all round skill is arguably the best in the world regardless of weight class.

Yes he is a religious man and that spiritual aspect has also helped him a great deal, it's great to see him unite people of all different views together. So true, his comeback has been remarkable and how he overcame those demons, I just hope he stays on this path because I can assure you every day is a personal battle for him

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] Thanks for posting those. Its a shame Waseem;s fight will not be taking place.

Btw what is this all about? lol

Also anyone who wants to start watching boxing , watch this! One of the ATG boxing fights and the analysis is pretty good for both beginners and more experience followers of the sport.

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] Thanks for posting those. Its a shame Waseem;s fight will not be taking place.

Also anyone who wants to start watching boxing , watch this! One of the ATG boxing fights and the analysis is pretty good for both beginners and more experience followers of the sport.

Yes, it is unfortunate; they need to get to the bottom of this, really bizzare tbh but he should still get another go in a month or two hopefully, I like it when IFLTV interview you; they really got Waseem to open up there and give real answers instead of the usual responses even though English isn't his first language. When Waseem says he is the best in the division, arguably that may well be true; he is big for the weight as well but he always keeps himself in tip top condition. When you look at how well he has performed in a short number of fights you have to give him praise, plus he forced those knowing he doesn't have the best promotional company behind him or a following sadly despite his fantastic amateur career; hopefully MTK give him the opportunities he so richly deserves and I have faith they will.

Fantastic share that video terrific, one of my all time favourite fights ever. And lol it's a bare knuckle boxing main event, Paul is the master of the mic when it comes to trash talk and hype but he is also genuinely angry due to the disrespect from MMA guys and their fans; they belittle our sport when quitting is a norm for them and risk of serious injury is a small one, in Boxing if you tap out / quit / even remotely cause that debate people come down on you so hard, it just shows how brutal it is; you could have shown so much heart throughout your career but that one moment is always remembered in addition to the good moments to; but in MMA you can be a tap machine but still come back with the same notoriety and at the same time, it's very fight friendly in comparison to Boxing where you get punched head/body many many times repeatedly, it's very rough and even the journeyman are tough as nails, a million times tougher then anyone in other combat sports. But anyway, Paul shouldn't have taken this fight because he is very old now; I mean you still expect him to win and carry a big power advantage but it's not worth the risk in my opinion and bare knuckles can cause serious damage to your face as well regardless of who you are facing.

Roughly 4 weeks from now:

Gorman / Dubois
Manny / Thurman
Whyte / Rivas

All fantastic fights that are not easy to call imo, July is a great month for Boxing. And Manny / Thurman is a PPV quality fight which we will be getting for free here in the UK !

Yes, it is unfortunate; they need to get to the bottom of this, really bizzare tbh but he should still get another go in a month or two hopefully, I like it when IFLTV interview you; they really got Waseem to open up there and give real answers instead of the usual responses even though English isn't his first language. When Waseem says he is the best in the division, arguably that may well be true; he is big for the weight as well but he always keeps himself in tip top condition. When you look at how well he has performed in a short number of fights you have to give him praise, plus he forced those knowing he doesn't have the best promotional company behind him or a following sadly despite his fantastic amateur career; hopefully MTK give him the opportunities he so richly deserves and I have faith they will.

Fantastic share that video terrific, one of my all time favourite fights ever. And lol it's a bare knuckle boxing main event, Paul is the master of the mic when it comes to trash talk and hype but he is also genuinely angry due to the disrespect from MMA guys and their fans; they belittle our sport when quitting is a norm for them and risk of serious injury is a small one, in Boxing if you tap out / quit / even remotely cause that debate people come down on you so hard, it just shows how brutal it is; you could have shown so much heart throughout your career but that one moment is always remembered in addition to the good moments to; but in MMA you can be a tap machine but still come back with the same notoriety and at the same time, it's very fight friendly in comparison to Boxing where you get punched head/body many many times repeatedly, it's very rough and even the journeyman are tough as nails, a million times tougher then anyone in other combat sports. But anyway, Paul shouldn't have taken this fight because he is very old now; I mean you still expect him to win and carry a big power advantage but it's not worth the risk in my opinion and bare knuckles can cause serious damage to your face as well regardless of who you are facing.

I have a feeling Pauli will be beaten up pretty bad but he is a master technician so may find a stategy to surive and inflict some damage. But yes not sure why he is doing this at his age, surely not the money but as you say pride.

That is a humiliating statement even by your standards. Typical British fan/media over reaction. Fury is a great heavyweight boxer in this era no doubt but to make such a outlandish claim is quite embarrassing no matter how caught you were in Fury's victory over the unknown German.

[MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION]

I agree that the non competitive side of boxing (managers, promoters, TV pundist etc) needs more diversity but it can not be diversity for the sake of diversity.

If we are being entirely honest, how many BAME boxers or ex boxers are articulate enough or even knowledgeable enough to be pundits? I think Naseem Hamed is pretty good but he still has the habit of playing wannabe bad boy at his age. There is Duke McKenzie who I think is quite good and the tall black man on channel 5 and now BT.

Beyond that, who can we really have? Imagine sitting through a broadcast with Spencer himself, or Eubank or Bruno?

That is not to say most of the white pundits are any better, the former boxers are just as bad and not so knowledgeable. The best pundits, regardless of ethnicity are those who have aj ournalistic interest in the sport and we needm ore of those on tv.

That is a humiliating statement even by your standards. Typical British fan/media over reaction. Fury is a great heavyweight boxer in this era no doubt but to make such a outlandish claim is quite embarrassing no matter how caught you were in Fury's victory over the unknown German.

Instead of replying like a morton atleast explain which statement and your reasons behind it so I can even entertain a response :facepalm:

I agree that the non competitive side of boxing (managers, promoters, TV pundist etc) needs more diversity but it can not be diversity for the sake of diversity.

If we are being entirely honest, how many BAME boxers or ex boxers are articulate enough or even knowledgeable enough to be pundits? I think Naseem Hamed is pretty good but he still has the habit of playing wannabe bad boy at his age. There is Duke McKenzie who I think is quite good and the tall black man on channel 5 and now BT.

Beyond that, who can we really have? Imagine sitting through a broadcast with Spencer himself, or Eubank or Bruno?

That is not to say most of the white pundits are any better, the former boxers are just as bad and not so knowledgeable. The best pundits, regardless of ethnicity are those who have aj ournalistic interest in the sport and we needm ore of those on tv.

His issue goes beyond the sport of boxing and the broadcast teams; MTK are doing extremely well with their diverse work-force. There are some who are not good enough but there many who are but don't get the chance for various reasons.

His issue goes beyond the sport of boxing and the broadcast teams; MTK are doing extremely well with their diverse work-force. There are some who are not good enough but there many who are but don't get the chance for various reasons.

MTK may well be doing good in terms of diversity and there is nothing wrong with that but I would rather listen to Tris Dixon than Umar whatever that guys name was.

Post Ali v Frazier 1 if you can, I think it is an even better fight with both guys in superior condition and stages of their careers. I loved that one the most.

MTK may well be doing good in terms of diversity and there is nothing wrong with that but I would rather listen to Tris Dixon than Umar whatever that guys name was.

Umar isn't someone with a podcast but it's better to judge what he is able to get out of fighters, if you listen to his many interviews he stays true to the IFL formula of staying away from a methodical approach which results in predictable responses; see the interview with Waseem who doesn't have the best English either it was very good. Obviously he's inexperienced though. Beyond that MTK are one of the world's leading companies in the sport and their popularity is growing, the card's they put on are world class and their team has a great mix of people who make it all happen especially for talent which isn't utilised effectively in Boxing and beyond. Waseem has that oppourtunity when in another scenario would be thinking of retirement if you've followed his career closely and it hasn't been an easy journey.

Also, Lomachenko v Luke Campbell could be heading to the UK; I think this is one hell of a fight and I consider Luke to be a world class fighter, he certainly is no Crolla I guarantee you that, his technical pedigree and boxing know how will cause Loma problems, he wont be taking this fight lightly at all.

Luke is any other era would have been champion by now and also if he had a much better promoter. Anyway, for those who have never watched Lomachenko before in the UK this is your chance, rumour is that the fight is going to be booked for the 02 arena in London, this is one of those fights you'd have to get front row seats for.

Looking forward to the boxing at the o2 tonight!

Gorman v Dubois should be a cracker of a heavyweight fight for the British title. Two good prospects for the future and good fighters. Gorman has the better boxing skills imo but Dubois is a huge man with a lot of power.

Looking forward to the boxing at the o2 tonight!

Gorman v Dubois should be a cracker of a heavyweight fight for the British title. Two good prospects for the future and good fighters. Gorman has the better boxing skills imo but Dubois is a huge man with a lot of power.

It was a 50/50 fight, I did lean towards Dubois but boy did he show us some new tools in his box even though it is known that ability is there you still want to see it in these fights, he deserves 100% credit for this win and he showed technical ability plus was very composed in a high level fight, he boxed behind his jab, excellent defence, constantly applied pressure and threw his shots straight down the middle for the most part; Gorman was very sneaky and caught Dubois with some pretty eye catching shots in particular the upper cut numerous times and left hook; Dubois also showed a very good chin here, I think Gorman did to and some toughness. It unheard of in this era for prospects such as these to tango, Gorman still has a decent future in this sport and Dubois from the moment we saw him he just had that it factor; is managed by a good team and onwards / upwards for him; it is also important to note how young he is and was a member of GB's major boxing squads; he cut his amateur a career a bit prematurely for me but there are also advantages to starting early in the pro game, Joe Frazier also didn't have a big amateur career but in a short amount of time made such a huge mark very swiftly at the golden gloves tournaments and then the Olympics soon after; he was truly special and one of a kind.

Am excited for British Heavyweight Boxing, haven't watched the Joyce fight yet but he beat the highly experienced Jennings; he doesn't have age on his side and will look to close in on a world level bout soon and has more to lose then gain if he fought Dubois which is what we all would love to see, it's a possibility though with both under the same promotional banner

I actually thought Gorman would win so was pleasantly surprised by Dubois...

So Dubois V Joyce...who you got?...

Manny Pacquiao has become the WBA Super champion at the age of 40 - outpointing previously undefeated welterweight Keith Thurman in a split decision in Las Vegas.

Thurman was knocked down in the first round but a thrilling fight went the full distance.

The American, 30, had been looking for his 30th straight win.

Two judges scored it 115-112 to Pacquiao, while the other gave it 114-113 to Thurman.

Pacquiao - a world champion at eight weights - was fighting for the 71st time in a stellar career that has seen seven defeats, but with four of those losses coming in his past 11 fights before the meeting with Thurman.

Thurman had a height, reach, weight and age advantage over Pacquiao, but was chasing the fight from the beginning and started to bleed from his nose in the fifth round.

He recovered in the middle of the fight, but Pacquiao stormed back to take the last few rounds.

The Filipino - a senator in his homeland - could now face Britain's Amir Khan. Last week he denied claims that an agreement for a bout in Saudi Arabia was a already in place for November.

Khan claims the bout will take place in Riyadh on 8 November.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/49061554

Khan living in dream land. Even of he does get the Pacquio fight, he will be eaten alive.

Khan living in dream land. Even of he does get the Pacquio fight, he will be eaten alive.

Probably, should avoid that fight but the money involved would be too good to refuse if it does go ahead but am not sure about that, nothing is signed. I think Manny is more likely to face the Spence / Porter winner, or a left field choice; Floyd if he came out of retirement. But Khan I think will be in that loop as a potential option, low risk high reward situation for Manny.

One hell of a performance from Dillian Whyte last night against a very dangerous customer with tremendous amateur pedigree, his jab was key throughout the fight and it set up much of his offence especially the body work which slowed Rivas down and sucked the life out of him; he was one tough cookie. Rivas had previously beaten Jennings compatibly and in the amateurs had wins over Ruiz (guy who beat AJ) and Pulev during his Olympic journey; he only lost to the Italian Roberto who was the eventual Gold medal winner. Just emphasising how improved Dilian is as a fighter, he isn't the most pleasing on the eye but his ring generalship under Tibbs has improved massively and he works hard on his conditioning at Loughborough.

I hope Dave Allen is in good health, but lets be honest; who would like to see that level of opponent beat Price ? it's actually quite sad how far Price has fallen, am glad he put on a clinic to get the W and show the ability / talent which should have turned him into a world class competitor.

Chisora stopped Szpilka in a few rounds ! that was brutal ! and I doubt anyone saw that coming, the pole is a very awkward southpaw with very good technical ability, majority would have favoured him to win on points but Del Boy is having a very good career resurgence, he never let Szpilka get into rhythm and was great in applying pressure, taking away space before taking him out.

Also, Tickets for Loma / Luke is booked for the 02 in London ! may try to get there !

[MENTION=133972]shaykh[/MENTION] [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] Any of you going to see Loma / Luke live ?

Russian boxer Maxim Dadashev has died at the age of 28 following injuries suffered in his IBF light-welterweight fight against Subriel Matias.

Dadashev was reportedly unable to walk to the dressing room after his bout was stopped by trainer Buddy McGirt at the end of the 11th round on Friday.

He was hospitalised with bleeding on the brain and underwent emergency surgery but failed to recover.

The Russian Boxing Federation says it has opened an investigation.

Secretary general Umar Kremlev suggested there was "some kind of violation", adding in a statement: "We lost Maxim Dadashev. He was our young prospect.

"We will fully support his family, including financially. We will complete the investigation into the circumstances surrounding this fight, we need to know the truth about what happened.

"This happens in any sport. I think some human factors intervened, there was some kind of violation."

USA-based Dadashev had won all of his previous 13 fights but had to absorb a barrage of punches from Puerto Rican Matias during the course of the fight in Maryland.

McGirt had said afterwards he "could not convince" his fighter to stop, but opted to throw in the towel when he saw him "getting hit with more and more clean shots as the fight went on".

The Russian Boxing Federation said that after the fight, Dadashev's condition worsened and doctors diagnosed a cerebral edema and a "difficult" surgery took place, but his heart stopped on Tuesday.

Northern Ireland's former world champion Carl Frampton was among those to pay tribute, saying on Twitter: "Saddened to hear about the passing of Maxim Dadashev. Deepest condolences to his friends and family. RIP."

British boxing promoter Eddie Hearn added: "So terribly sad to hear the news of the passing of Maxim Dadashev. Rest in peace."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/49091133

Russian boxer Maxim Dadashev has died at the age of 28 following injuries suffered in his IBF light-welterweight fight against Subriel Matias.

Dadashev was reportedly unable to walk to the dressing room after his bout was stopped by trainer Buddy McGirt at the end of the 11th round on Friday.

He was hospitalised with bleeding on the brain and underwent emergency surgery but failed to recover.

The Russian Boxing Federation says it has opened an investigation.

Secretary general Umar Kremlev suggested there was "some kind of violation", adding in a statement: "We lost Maxim Dadashev. He was our young prospect.

"We will fully support his family, including financially. We will complete the investigation into the circumstances surrounding this fight, we need to know the truth about what happened.

"This happens in any sport. I think some human factors intervened, there was some kind of violation."

USA-based Dadashev had won all of his previous 13 fights but had to absorb a barrage of punches from Puerto Rican Matias during the course of the fight in Maryland.

McGirt had said afterwards he "could not convince" his fighter to stop, but opted to throw in the towel when he saw him "getting hit with more and more clean shots as the fight went on".

The Russian Boxing Federation said that after the fight, Dadashev's condition worsened and doctors diagnosed a cerebral edema and a "difficult" surgery took place, but his heart stopped on Tuesday.

Northern Ireland's former world champion Carl Frampton was among those to pay tribute, saying on Twitter: "Saddened to hear about the passing of Maxim Dadashev. Deepest condolences to his friends and family. RIP."

British boxing promoter Eddie Hearn added: "So terribly sad to hear the news of the passing of Maxim Dadashev. Rest in peace."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/49091133

Very sad.
I watched round 11 later which was Maxim’s last. His trainer, a former champion, had a hard time convincing him to stop. By that round Maxim was just being hit and offering almost no punches of his own.

Argentine boxer Hugo Santillan has died from injuries sustained during a title fight, just days after the death of Russian fighter Maxim Dadashev.

The 23-year-old collapsed in the ring on Saturday shortly after his WBC Latino Silver lightweight bout with Eduardo Javier Abreu in Argentina ended in a draw.

He was taken to hospital and underwent emergency surgery but died on Thursday.

"Rest in Peace, Hugo Santillan," the World Boxing Council said in a tweet.

Santillan is the second boxer to die from injuries sustained in the ring this week after Dadashev's death was confirmed on Tuesday.

The 28-year-old had been hospitalised with bleeding on the brain after his IBF light-welterweight fight against Subriel Matias was stopped at the end of the 11th round last Friday.

He underwent emergency surgery but failed to recover.

Boxing promoter Kalle Sauerland tweeted on Thursday: "A sad, sad week for boxing."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/49119157

[MENTION=133972]shaykh[/MENTION] [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] Any of you going to see Loma / Luke live ?

I would love to go and see Loma live in action, ATG! Not sure yet if I have the night free.

But bro what is going on with Whyte? Second time now he's failed a drugs test. The BBOC allowed him to fight because he asked for a B sample, is this nomral procedure as it seems odd. The Rivas camp are also saying they were not informed before the fight or even after but found out via social media.

I hope for Dillian he is cleared, a top talent who will be ruined if not. An 8 year ban will effectivley finish his career.

I would love to go and see Loma live in action, ATG! Not sure yet if I have the night free.

But bro what is going on with Whyte? Second time now he's failed a drugs test. The BBOC allowed him to fight because he asked for a B sample, is this nomral procedure as it seems odd. The Rivas camp are also saying they were not informed before the fight or even after but found out via social media.

I hope for Dillian he is cleared, a top talent who will be ruined if not. An 8 year ban will effectivley finish his career.

For me this is arguably Loma's toughest fights, Luke is a seriously under rated fighter; I think perhaps in a different era he would have won the world title by now (was unlucky against Linares that was close) , the LW division is so packed. Loma is a magician in the squared circle but no man is immortal and an Olympic champion commands respect.

UKAD are one of the worst governing bodies to regulate the sport, I can't begin to emphasise their level of incompetence and ignorance. VADA are the only governing body which is worth taking seriously but they can't be uniformly applied due to all the various sanctioning organisations, their findings are always just results really and nothing more. The other issue is list of substances, some are acceptable for organisation a while not for organisation b. UKAD reportedly penalised Fury for a Test that had taken place a year earlier, to avoid a government bailout due to the legal fees they would incur after being sued by Fury they decided to reach a settlement. It is interesting that Whyte was allowed to fight on despite the alleged failure, so more needs to be revealed before we can reach a conclusion but on the surface UKAD and Whyte do not look great and I don't really trust UKAD.

I am hoping Whyte is cleared though, after everything he has been through in life and his journey so far I find it shocking that he would do something like this

For me this is arguably Loma's toughest fights, Luke is a seriously under rated fighter; I think perhaps in a different era he would have won the world title by now (was unlucky against Linares that was close) , the LW division is so packed. Loma is a magician in the squared circle but no man is immortal and an Olympic champion commands respect.

UKAD are one of the worst governing bodies to regulate the sport, I can't begin to emphasise their level of incompetence and ignorance. VADA are the only governing body which is worth taking seriously but they can't be uniformly applied due to all the various sanctioning organisations, their findings are always just results really and nothing more. The other issue is list of substances, some are acceptable for organisation a while not for organisation b. UKAD reportedly penalised Fury for a Test that had taken place a year earlier, to avoid a government bailout due to the legal fees they would incur after being sued by Fury they decided to reach a settlement. It is interesting that Whyte was allowed to fight on despite the alleged failure, so more needs to be revealed before we can reach a conclusion but on the surface UKAD and Whyte do not look great and I don't really trust UKAD.

I am hoping Whyte is cleared though, after everything he has been through in life and his journey so far I find it shocking that he would do something like this

I agree, Lomo needs to be on top form. I would have love to have gone but will be on holiday. Hopefuly he returns to the UK in the future.

I think it's very rare for a B sample to show different results so looks to be the end but hope Im wrong.

Any upadates on AJ v Ruiz? He tweeted hes not coming to the UK for the rematch. I think Al Haymon and DAZN will want this in the US and MSG. If so, I think Ruiz will beat him again?

I agree, Lomo needs to be on top form. I would have love to have gone but will be on holiday. Hopefuly he returns to the UK in the future.

I think it's very rare for a B sample to show different results so looks to be the end but hope Im wrong.

Any upadates on AJ v Ruiz? He tweeted hes not coming to the UK for the rematch. I think Al Haymon and DAZN will want this in the US and MSG. If so, I think Ruiz will beat him again?

I can only recall one example where B sample did show something difference, the case involved Manuel Charr. Biggest question is why the fight was allowed to go ahead if there was a genuine failed test result, that's just bizarre; vintage UKAD

I think the fight is likely closer to December and Ruiz doesn't have say with regards to where it happens, could be USA or UK. I've heard contrasting reports and even some which been saying maybe AJ will have an interim bout before facing AJ; on the surface that is a much better move. If the rematch is next for AJ then you'd have to put Ruiz as the favourite even more so if it's in the USA, I'd give AJ the edge in the UK as matchroom make full use of a home advantage

I can only recall one example where B sample did show something difference, the case involved Manuel Charr. Biggest question is why the fight was allowed to go ahead if there was a genuine failed test result, that's just bizarre; vintage UKAD

I think the fight is likely closer to December and Ruiz doesn't have say with regards to where it happens, could be USA or UK. I've heard contrasting reports and even some which been saying maybe AJ will have an interim bout before facing AJ; on the surface that is a much better move. If the rematch is next for AJ then you'd have to put Ruiz as the favourite even more so if it's in the USA, I'd give AJ the edge in the UK as matchroom make full use of a home advantage

Im sure he will be hoping for the same result as Charr. The reason I've heard is the fighter was allowed to fight because the B sample hadnt been tested but yes rather bizarre.

I read Bob Arum has now weighed in saying Pulev must fight Ruiz as he is now mandatory no1 for IBF belt. Not sure what the contractual sitaution says about this?

Im sure he will be hoping for the same result as Charr. The reason I've heard is the fighter was allowed to fight because the B sample hadnt been tested but yes rather bizarre.

I read Bob Arum has now weighed in saying Pulev must fight Ruiz as he is now mandatory no1 for IBF belt. Not sure what the contractual sitaution says about this?

That could be a theory / way out for allowing the fight to go ahead or perhaps there are results which are inconclusive

It's interesting, IBF are pretty strict but they may allow Ruiz to defend vs AJ even more so as a decision looks to being agreed very soon, December in Cardiff

That could be a theory / way out for allowing the fight to go ahead or perhaps there are results which are inconclusive

It's interesting, IBF are pretty strict but they may allow Ruiz to defend vs AJ even more so as a decision looks to being agreed very soon, December in Cardiff

Good advantage for AJ then! I think I might just go and watch this fight. I really like Ruiz as person, he's like a 16 year old kid out of the ring but a beast inside. Shows you can be as soft as a cuddly toy but also lethal as a bear if needed. This is how people should be imo, top geezer Ruiz.

Good advantage for AJ then! I think I might just go and watch this fight. I really like Ruiz as person, he's like a 16 year old kid out of the ring but a beast inside. Shows you can be as soft as a cuddly toy but also lethal as a bear if needed. This is how people should be imo, top geezer Ruiz.

Top lad Ruiz and highly skillful, looks can be decieving, he is a better boxer then AJ. Cardiff seems missions for me aha and a cold December :mv Loma / Luke more likely to attend

Terrific win for Gervonta Davis last night over a big south american puncher, have no issues with the stoppage it was perfect; although am sure the tragedy wasp laying on ref mind but while the fighter looked to be aware I think that Gervonta is such a accurate power puncher am sure he would have hit him with a few more of those and taken him out

Loma v Campbell is a f
Good fight. I might see if i'm free and there are tickets.

In terms of Dillian, these are the regulations.

UKAD only puts forward a suspension, after contact with the BBBoC if the b sample also comes back positive. Till then, they notify the board and all relevant authorities.

Both Dillian and Rivas were signed up to VADA, who do not set up suspensions and or bans. They are contracted to notify the organisation in this case the WBC and both fight camps.

WADA was the third company involved, however, it was not one of their tests which came back negative (as far as I know). WADA tests are qualitative where's UKAD tests are quantitative.

How does this relate to whyte? The metabolites found in his A sample were below the UKAD limit, under the WADA code, even the mere presence is enough to exclude him, however it was not one of their tests.

All groups have acted according to their policies. The Big question now hNgs over the b sample. This makes orbreaks whyte.

Loma v Campbell is a f
Good fight. I might see if i'm free and there are tickets.

In terms of Dillian, these are the regulations.

UKAD only puts forward a suspension, after contact with the BBBoC if the b sample also comes back positive. Till then, they notify the board and all relevant authorities.

Both Dillian and Rivas were signed up to VADA, who do not set up suspensions and or bans. They are contracted to notify the organisation in this case the WBC and both fight camps.

WADA was the third company involved, however, it was not one of their tests which came back negative (as far as I know). WADA tests are qualitative where's UKAD tests are quantitative.

How does this relate to whyte? The metabolites found in his A sample were below the UKAD limit, under the WADA code, even the mere presence is enough to exclude him, however it was not one of their tests.

All groups have acted according to their policies. The Big question now hNgs over the b sample. This makes orbreaks whyte.

So the WADA and VADA tests were fine but Dilian tested positive for the UKAD test; a test result which all were aware of apart from Rivas camp prior to the fight, so why was the bout cleared to go ahead is my question ? Either ignorance or the B sample was negative. I also trust VADA above all, UKAD is the most incompetent out of all three historically.

So the WADA and VADA tests were fine but Dilian tested positive for the UKAD test; a test result which all were aware of apart from Rivas camp prior to the fight, so why was the bout cleared to go ahead is my question ? Either ignorance or the B sample was negative. I also trust VADA above all, UKAD is the most incompetent out of all three historically.

VADA is a programme where fighters sign up to be tested in a system very similar to Olympic style testing. I believe it has become the norm for WBC fights. I am not sure if it has its own way of testing samples or passes them onto relevant groups such as UKAD or WADA.

The fight itself was cleared for two main reasons as far as I can tell from their regulations. UKAD can only advise the BBBoC of suspending a fight or fighter if the b sample comes back as negative. That was not tested.

WADA can also provide similar recommendations but only if one of its tests comes back as positive. They did not.

Rivas camp being notified is down to WBC and WADA. I am not sure of UKADs regs on informing the opposite corner after tests.

VADA is a programme where fighters sign up to be tested in a system very similar to Olympic style testing. I believe it has become the norm for WBC fights. I am not sure if it has its own way of testing samples or passes them onto relevant groups such as UKAD or WADA.

The fight itself was cleared for two main reasons as far as I can tell from their regulations. UKAD can only advise the BBBoC of suspending a fight or fighter if the b sample comes back as negative. That was not tested.

WADA can also provide similar recommendations but only if one of its tests comes back as positive. They did not.

Rivas camp being notified is down to WBC and WADA. I am not sure of UKADs regs on informing the opposite corner after tests.

Yes, VADA is the best by far out of all of them; unfortunately can't be uniformly applied as every sanctioning body have their own rules. VADA's findings are just results, then it is up to the WBC for example to decide on the level of suspension etc which in a way sort of negates them to begin with, if you are the WBC and rely on fees from the biggest draw in the sport you're going to be more lenient with him as their franchise champion.

UKAD are shady as hell, they operate behind closed doors; hence that hearing which took place which I believe was primarily designed to keep everyone quite in order to ensure the main event; but UKAD's way out here is that they are able to say that no suspension can take place without the process being complete after the B sample has been tested.

Since Whyte cleared the VADA test, maybe there is hope that the B sample will be negative. Is that substance even on the list of VADA's banned items, that's another talking point I suppose.

In that situation WBC could not notify Rivas as they were not notified about the result 3 days earlier, not sure if WADA were aware or not.

Hopefully Whyte is cleared, I just can't see him being this stupid surely? very unlikely the B will be negative

Yes, VADA is the best by far out of all of them; unfortunately can't be uniformly applied as every sanctioning body have their own rules. VADA's findings are just results, then it is up to the WBC for example to decide on the level of suspension etc which in a way sort of negates them to begin with, if you are the WBC and rely on fees from the biggest draw in the sport you're going to be more lenient with him as their franchise champion.

UKAD are shady as hell, they operate behind closed doors; hence that hearing which took place which I believe was primarily designed to keep everyone quite in order to ensure the main event; but UKAD's way out here is that they are able to say that no suspension can take place without the process being complete after the B sample has been tested.

Since Whyte cleared the VADA test, maybe there is hope that the B sample will be negative. Is that substance even on the list of VADA's banned items, that's another talking point I suppose.

In that situation WBC could not notify Rivas as they were not notified about the result 3 days earlier, not sure if WADA were aware or not.

Hopefully Whyte is cleared, I just can't see him being this stupid surely? very unlikely the B will be negative

The issue is what to do with the dianabol metabolites. UKAD is quantitative and have a limit, if the b sample stays under that limit, it is ok by their standard because theoretically, it could be be due to accidental ingestion of legal substances that may contain dianabol.

WADA is qualitative, meaning any presence of such metabolites is a negative test, which is unfair in some ways but I guessi t is also down to the athlete to be responsible for what he/she ingests.

It is a urky situation but with all thse stipulations I think Whyte will be ok.

The WBC has provisionally suspended Dillian Whyte's status as the organisation's interim world heavyweight champion and mandatory challenger to Deontay Wilder.

Whyte tested positive for a banned substance before he beat Oscar Rivas on 20 July in London.

The Briton, 31, will be allowed to present his case to the WBC.

Whyte has been number-one ranked with the WBC - behind American champion Wilder - for more than 600 days.

He was cleared to take part in the fight with Colombian Rivas - which he won on points - after attending an independent panel hearing.

In a statement on Tuesday, the WBC said: "An "A" sample Ukad collected from Mr Dillian Whyte in relation with his bout against Oscar Rivas yielded an adverse finding.

"In light of that adverse finding, and pending the outcome of the WBC's own investigation and adjudicatory process, the WBC is provisionally suspending the WBC's recognition of Dillian Whyte as WBC interim world heavyweight champion and mandatory challenger of the division.

"The WBC has notified Mr Whyte and his team of the WBC's suspension, and that it will afford Mr Whyte the opportunity to present its position to the WBC at an investigative hearing which will take place at a place and time to be announced in the near future.

ADVERTISEMENT

"Throughout its investigation and hearing, the WBC will afford Mr Whyte and his team the opportunity to present any available information and materials, and any exculpatory evidence they might deem appropriate."

UK Anti-Doping (Ukad) has so far declined to comment, while the British Boxing Board of Control underlined its policy of putting its anti-doping procedures, decisions, sanctions and suspensions in the hands of Ukad.

Whyte served a two-year suspension from 2012 to 2014 for unknowingly taking an illegal supplement - and he could face an eight-year ban if he is found to have breached rules again.

It is not known what the banned substance is.

In a tweet, Whyte insisted he beat Rivas "fair and square", adding that he was "so disappointed with the rubbish that has been said about me".

Whyte has 26 wins from 27 bouts and became mandatory challenger to WBC heavyweight champion Wilder with victory over Rivas. A bout with Wilder was mandated to take place by 18 May next year.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/49173347

Anthony Joshua says he is determined to get his "passion" back for boxing ahead of his rematch with Andy Ruiz Jr later this year.

The British heavyweight lost his WBA, IBF and WBO world titles with a shock defeat by Ruiz on 1 June.

That was the first professional loss of Joshua's career and the 29-year-old is desperate to prove it was a one off.

"I feel strong enough and I feel I can correct my wrongs," Joshua told Sky Sports.

"I need to be around as many boxing people as possible because right now I need to soak in the experience and knowledge - and get that passion back."

Joshua's first bout with Ruiz took place at Madison Square Garden in New York and was the Briton's first fight in the United States.

His promoter wants the rematch to take place in Cardiff at the Principality Stadium, but Ruiz has insisted he does not want to fight in the UK.

"It doesn't matter to me where it is," Joshua said.

"I would love it to be in Cardiff but it's going to be on neutral ground, Ruiz is the champ so he will make some calls in that situation but I'm going to battle for it to be in the UK because it's my stomping ground.

"Walking out in Cardiff in front of 70, 80, 90 thousand people screaming and rooting for you to win, that type of energy that goes through your body is unstoppable and I think that could give me the little bit of edge I need to win those belts."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/49255262

Joshua v Ruiz Jr: Saudi Arabia a strong contender to host rematch

Saudi Arabia has emerged as a strong contender to host Anthony Joshua's much anticipated rematch with unified world heavyweight champion Andy Ruiz Jr.

The Middle East country has delivered a lucrative proposal which is under serious consideration by Joshua's team.

An offer from Dubai was also put forward but Saudi Arabia and Cardiff's Principality Stadium are the destinations now likely to play host.

The IBF, WBA and WBO world title bout is set for 7 or 14 December.

An announcement on the destination could take place as soon as Friday if final talks progress adequately.

Joshua has said his preference is to stage the fight in Cardiff, but odds on Saudi Arabia playing host have fallen to 1-20 with one bookmaker.

The venue for the repeat fixture has been a topic of uncertainty since Ruiz, 29, said he would not be making the first defence of his titles in the UK.

Promoter Eddie Hearn has said returning to the US - where 29-year-old Joshua fell to a shock defeat at New York's Madison Square Garden - is unlikely.

A potential stumbling block for Saudi Arabia could be the country's time zone, which is three hours ahead of GMT. Joshua's bouts are televised on Sky Sports Box Office in the UK and the DAZN streaming service in the US.

If the bout started at midnight in the Middle East in December it would be taking place in early afternoon in Los Angeles and early evening in New York - times which could prove unpopular with fans paying to stream what will be the biggest fight in the sport this year.

Saudi Arabia has made plays to hold significant sporting events in recent years, and hosted British boxer Amir Khan's recent win over Billy Dib and Callum Smith's success over George Groves in the World Boxing Super Series final in September.

The country hosted the opening race of the Formula E season in December, is in talks to host a Formula 1 race before 2021 and recently announced it will stage the richest race in horseracing history in February.

However, when Khan accepted his bout with Dib, Amnesty International highlighted Saudi Arabia's "abysmal human rights record".

The country's controversial Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman has said he wants to reform the country both in social and economic terms as part of his 'Vision 2030' plan - but he has also been strongly linked with the murder of Saudi journalist and critic Jamal Khashoggi inside Saudi Arabia's consulate in Istanbul.

Social reforms have included lifting the ban on women being able to drive, while high-profile pop stars have been enticed to perform in Saudi Arabia in order to enhance the country's image.

Ruiz scored four knockdowns on his way to a seventh-round stoppage on what was Joshua's much-publicised US debut on 1 June. The result ranked as one of the biggest upsets in the history of the heavyweight division, with Joshua a 1-25 favourite before the bout.

Since his win, Ruiz has questioned Joshua's boxing skill set, while Joshua has spoken of a belief in his ability to "right my wrongs".

https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/49287312

I thought Kovalev would beat Yarde on points but he got the stoppage win in the end which was very impressive, most who were overlooking Kovalev's ability at this stage did not watch him in the Alvarez rematch; when he is switched on and taking care of business outside the ring as well (wink wink) he is a very tough man to beat. Kovalev may be old but don't be deceived by that, he has rarely found himself in wars and has not lost many rounds, he has plenty of juice left but just needs to keep away from that bad life style beyond the ropes which is his only hindrance.

As for Yarde he was outclassed but not humiliated by any means, he hung in there and almost stopped Kovalev at one stage; I felt he didn't attack the body enough but easier said then done against a rangy LHW with tremendous footwork and all round Boxing skills like Kovalev, it's not easy to get under that incredible jab but Yarde will learn plenty from this and what we do know is that the man has a tremendous chin and plenty of heart to. The division is packed but I do think he will come again.

Joshua v Ruiz: Fighters meet in Saudi Arabia for first time on press tour

Andy Ruiz Jr said he wants more than "15 minutes of fame" as he faced Anthony Joshua for the first time in the run up to their 7 December rematch.

The unified world heavyweight champion spoke in Saudi Arabia, where the fight will be held despite criticism over the country's human rights record.

Promoter Eddie Hearn said boxing has at times been "narrow minded" over venues.

Ruiz, 29, has faced criticism over a loss of focus since beating Joshua but said he will "prove everybody wrong".

The American - who fights under the Mexican flag - has shared videos and images of his improved lifestyle, including a new mansion and Rolls Royce.

He has also undertaken opportunities with countless talk shows and sponsors but said: "A lot of people are saying I am not training or taking it seriously. There are a lot of responsibilities to this.

"The hunger still remains. I don't want it to be 15 minutes of fame. I want it to last, to be a generation, to be champion for more years.

"I am going to make history and win in the same fashion and the same way I did on 1 June and prove everybody wrong."

Ruiz stopped Joshua in seven rounds in New York in June to land one of the biggest shocks in the history of heavyweight boxing.

Joshua, 29, lost for the first time in his career in New York and simply told those present in Diriyah that he was "humbled" by his welcome in Saudi Arabia and "looking forward to the challenge".

https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/49586059

Fury facing a big southpaw tonight with sound fundamentals, will be interesting to see how he deals with him

Joshua v Ruiz: Fighters meet in Saudi Arabia for first time on press tour

Andy Ruiz Jr said he wants more than "15 minutes of fame" as he faced Anthony Joshua for the first time in the run up to their 7 December rematch.

The unified world heavyweight champion spoke in Saudi Arabia, where the fight will be held despite criticism over the country's human rights record.

Promoter Eddie Hearn said boxing has at times been "narrow minded" over venues.

Ruiz, 29, has faced criticism over a loss of focus since beating Joshua but said he will "prove everybody wrong".

The American - who fights under the Mexican flag - has shared videos and images of his improved lifestyle, including a new mansion and Rolls Royce.

He has also undertaken opportunities with countless talk shows and sponsors but said: "A lot of people are saying I am not training or taking it seriously. There are a lot of responsibilities to this.

"The hunger still remains. I don't want it to be 15 minutes of fame. I want it to last, to be a generation, to be champion for more years.

"I am going to make history and win in the same fashion and the same way I did on 1 June and prove everybody wrong."

Ruiz stopped Joshua in seven rounds in New York in June to land one of the biggest shocks in the history of heavyweight boxing.

Joshua, 29, lost for the first time in his career in New York and simply told those present in Diriyah that he was "humbled" by his welcome in Saudi Arabia and "looking forward to the challenge".

https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/49586059

Look forward to this rematch, say what you want about Saudi but at least they have delivered as far as the boxing is concerned in the ME; we've only ever heard talk and no action when it came to other regions such as Dubai although more recently MTK have been successful in holding lower profile events

This man Fury really came out rocking a sombrero lmao.

Very enjoyable fight. His last one ended in 2 seconds this one was waaay closer. Don’t think final scorecard did justice to the fight. That cut was another big blow away from getting completely wrecked for the referee to call an end to it.

Tyson Fury battled to a rugged points win over Otto Wallin as he fought for over nine rounds with heavy cuts to maintain his unbeaten record in a dramatic bout in Las Vegas.

The 31-year-old Briton, a 1-25 favourite with bookmakers, was expected to walk through Sweden's Wallin but found his cut at the mercy of repeated checks from the ringside doctor, prompting moments of stunned silence at the T-Mobile Arena.

A punch in the third round drew blood above Fury's right eye and when officials began to show concern, he visibly showed urgency, switching from patient boxing to planting his feet in a bid to land heavy, destructive shots.

He did, with a barrage in the ninth forcing Wallin to sway before a hard right hand piled him into the ropes in the 11th as Fury came through the type of examination few expected with a unanimous 116-112 117-111 118-110 points win.

"It was a great fight, I got caught on the eye and that changed the fight," said Fury. "For the majority I could not see out of the eye. Then there was a clash of heads and I got cut again.

"A good 12 rounds, he was tough. It's all heart and determination if I can keep going I will do. He was 20-0, didn't know how to lose but I was the better man."

Wallin said: "I did everything I could, I tried my best and Tyson is a great champion. Nobody can question my heart or question that I'm a good fighter."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/49705685

This man Fury really came out rocking a sombrero lmao.

Very enjoyable fight. His last one ended in 2 seconds this one was waaay closer. Don’t think final scorecard did justice to the fight. That cut was another big blow away from getting completely wrecked for the referee to call an end to it.

Have not seen this yet, read it was a really bad cut. Fury's dad is not happy with the performance and wants him to change his team. Hopefully Fury doesn't need surgery.

Have not seen this yet, read it was a really bad cut. Fury's dad is not happy with the performance and wants him to change his team. Hopefully Fury doesn't need surgery.

Average performance by Fury, didn't look anywhere near his old self. Looked in worse shape than his previous fight and with little or no game plan. Sure the cut set him back but he is lucky to have great boxing skills which helped him survive the 12 rounds.

Horrible cut and I hope it hasnt left any lasting damage to the eye area.

Average performance by Fury, didn't look anywhere near his old self. Looked in worse shape than his previous fight and with little or no game plan. Sure the cut set him back but he is lucky to have great boxing skills which helped him survive the 12 rounds.

Horrible cut and I hope it hasnt left any lasting damage to the eye area.

I am yet to see this on replay looking to find a way to see it from somewhere as I missed the live broadcast, do you feel John Fury's comments are justified ? going by your review as well it does seem as if Fury was below par but from what I have seen off his opponent he didn't look too bad to me and being a big tall southpaw with sound fundamentals ought to have presented their own challenges as well perhaps, how bad was the cut ?

I am yet to see this on replay looking to find a way to see it from somewhere as I missed the live broadcast, do you feel John Fury's comments are justified ? going by your review as well it does seem as if Fury was below par but from what I have seen off his opponent he didn't look too bad to me and being a big tall southpaw with sound fundamentals ought to have presented their own challenges as well perhaps, how bad was the cut ?

Cut was very serious and I believe the ref asked Fury if he was ok to which he replied yes but couldn't see out of the eye. Fury obviously knew the doctor would stop the fight meaning his first defeat with a TKO. It was very risky to continue but so much was at stake for him.

His performance just seemed lethargic, not really imposing himself esp with his reach advantage but I assume he didn't expect the Swede to be so solid and for him to come forward taking the fight to him. As you know Fury sometimes needs a few rounds to find his rythm but the cut came pretty early so he changed his game plan. Without the cut imo Fury would have boxed much better after mid way point and stopped his opponent.

Just my personal view, I can understand Top Rank and ESPN having one fight before the big one v Wilder but two was going over the top due to the risk posed in the HW decision. His win hasnt changed much but a loss would have been a massive blow because he would have to fight again before Wilder.

I didn't buy the PPV because it was on really late but watched the fight online. Defo need to watch it , fascinating to see how a warrior like Fury managed to make it to the final bell with such a huge cut.

Cut was very serious and I believe the ref asked Fury if he was ok to which he replied yes but couldn't see out of the eye. Fury obviously knew the doctor would stop the fight meaning his first defeat with a TKO. It was very risky to continue but so much was at stake for him.

His performance just seemed lethargic, not really imposing himself esp with his reach advantage but I assume he didn't expect the Swede to be so solid and for him to come forward taking the fight to him. As you know Fury sometimes needs a few rounds to find his rythm but the cut came pretty early so he changed his game plan. Without the cut imo Fury would have boxed much better after mid way point and stopped his opponent.

Just my personal view, I can understand Top Rank and ESPN having one fight before the big one v Wilder but two was going over the top due to the risk posed in the HW decision. His win hasnt changed much but a loss would have been a massive blow because he would have to fight again before Wilder.

I didn't buy the PPV because it was on really late but watched the fight online. Defo need to watch it , fascinating to see how a warrior like Fury managed to make it to the final bell with such a huge cut.

The thing is Fury's performance may not be looked upon in a positive light from the POV of him who is largely considered to be a boxer who predominately fights on the outside using his physicals tools, but it was only around 2012 where he adapted to ensure he can compete at the highest level, but one thing about him is that he has never been a one way fighter, he can also box on the inside to. I think that in the circumstances he made the right adjustments to impose his physicality on Wallin with the aggression and pressure especially in the second half, this meant he was going to get hit more but his evasiveness limited Wallin from truly exploiting that nasty cut. I agree with you, he probably wouldn't have fought that way had the cut not happened; it was entertaining however, ironically a mexican style on mexican independence day lol Fury's in-ring IQ is crazy, am not sure but feel he might have lost a bit too much weight for this fight, 9lb compared to the last outing is a lot and that could have affected the energy in his punches.

We also have to give massive credit to Wallin, many wrote him off but I was concerned after watching him box in training videos, what I saw was that this kid was very sound technically, good speed, movement and sound defence, plus a big unit himself and a southpaw; those were bound to pose a threat regardless. He was as tough as nails and highly motivated after the passing of his farther last spring who inspired him to box. I enjoyed the battle overall, very brutal having said that; a homage to mexican warriors like Chavez, Barrera and El Terible.

I agree with you, for me I think it was fine having him box one more time but feel like they picked the wrong opponent, Fury really needed the rounds as he only had a few since the Wilder outing but even on paper if you ignore the name, Wallin is not someone you'd want to face anyway, it's an awkward opponent and so many things can happen beyond your control when it comes to southpaws, they're always almost leaning in with their heads and one that is sound to, not a good match making from Bob.

But yes the gypsy fighting man found a way to come through it all like a champ, after that however am not sure if I want to see him in with Wilder next if am honest even though I don't think it was terrible etc but the cut and maybe the prep for this fight was a little off I don't know, the weight cut plan could have gone wrong as well.

Was just having a general boxing browse today and came across some interesting trivia to share, guess what the largest ever attendance in Boxing history was ? paying customers off course with the lead attraction being fighters.

It was Julio Cesar Chavez v Greg Haugen !!

The Dempsey-Tunney record of 120,557 for a paid crowd stood for nearly 67 years until 132, 247 !! saw Mexican idol Julio Cesar Chavez against American Greg Haugen at the Azteca Stadium in Mexico City in 1993. Chavez made a tenth defence of his WBC light-welterweight title after forcing a fifth round stoppage.

There was barbed wire and a moat around the ring to ensure the roped square was not invaded. Haugen angered the home crowd by claiming pre-fight Chavez had won his last 85 fights as he had fought "Tijuana taxi drivers". Later the same year, 59,995 saw Chavez in a controversial draw against Pernell Whitaker at the Alamodome, Texas. Whitaker retained his title and seemed unfortunate not to be given a clear points win.

Wladimir Klitschko: Former world champion won't 'speculate' on return

Former world heavyweight boxing champion Wladimir Klitschko has refused to "speculate" on whether he could make a return to the ring.

The Ukrainian retired in April 2017 after being stopped by Anthony Joshua in the 11th round at Wembley Stadium.

In recent months, it has been rumoured the 43-year-old could make a comeback, but Klitschko was non-committal.

"Will I be back in the ring? I have still got it? Will I come back? I don't know. No-one knows," he said.

"I work out every morning and I lie to myself that I am going to be back in the ring and it is a sweet lie. I just enjoy myself and keep myself healthy. I don't want to speculate or put anything in the air."

Klitschko, who is competing in this week's Alfred Dunhill Links Golf Championship in St Andrews, Carnoustie and Kingsbarns, boasts an impressive record of 64 win and five defeats.

Since he quit, the likes of Tyson Fury, Deontay Wilder and Joshua have taken the heavyweight headlines, with Andy Ruiz Junior surprisingly winning Joshua's IBF, WBO and WBA titles in June.

However, Klitschko is predicting a very different outcome when the pair fight again in Saudi Arabia in December.

"I have been there, and I lost against guys that I shouldn't," he said. "I believe Anthony was surprised himself by what happened.

"Anyone can fail, so now he is going to show the character, turn it round, and come back with a big win. I hope he is going to make it."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/49816044

Wladimir Klitschko: Former world champion won't 'speculate' on return

Former world heavyweight boxing champion Wladimir Klitschko has refused to "speculate" on whether he could make a return to the ring.

The Ukrainian retired in April 2017 after being stopped by Anthony Joshua in the 11th round at Wembley Stadium.

In recent months, it has been rumoured the 43-year-old could make a comeback, but Klitschko was non-committal.

"Will I be back in the ring? I have still got it? Will I come back? I don't know. No-one knows," he said.

"I work out every morning and I lie to myself that I am going to be back in the ring and it is a sweet lie. I just enjoy myself and keep myself healthy. I don't want to speculate or put anything in the air."

Klitschko, who is competing in this week's Alfred Dunhill Links Golf Championship in St Andrews, Carnoustie and Kingsbarns, boasts an impressive record of 64 win and five defeats.

Since he quit, the likes of Tyson Fury, Deontay Wilder and Joshua have taken the heavyweight headlines, with Andy Ruiz Junior surprisingly winning Joshua's IBF, WBO and WBA titles in June.

However, Klitschko is predicting a very different outcome when the pair fight again in Saudi Arabia in December.

"I have been there, and I lost against guys that I shouldn't," he said. "I believe Anthony was surprised himself by what happened.

"Anyone can fail, so now he is going to show the character, turn it round, and come back with a big win. I hope he is going to make it."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/49816044

I think Wladmir will come out of retirement, it's the worst kept secret today; the majority DAZN owner is Ukrainian and some seriously big dolla has been offered to his fellow countryman. Wladmir is also motivated by history, he will want to beat Foreman's record and as he says keeps himself in tip top condition, on top of that the humiliating loss to Tyson Fury still haunts him and he will do anything to put that behind him and that would require a signature win over a Heavyweight world champion.

WBC champion Deontay Wilder will defend his world heavyweight title against Luis Ortiz in Las Vegas on 23 November, promoters announced on Saturday.

The rematch follows Wilder's knockout win over the Cuban in New York in 2018.

American Wilder, 33, boasts a career record of 41 wins and one draw, and has held the WBC title since 2015.

After beating Ortiz, he drew with Tyson Fury in December before knocking out compatriot Dominic Breazeale in May.

Wilder, who has won 40 of his fights by knockout, said he wants to finish Ortiz with "a dramatic knockout" to send a message to the rest of the heavyweight division.

"He has to be perfect for 12 rounds. I only have to be perfect for two. I'm blessed with the gift of power," Wilder said.

Speaking to BBC Sport in August, Wilder said he would follow his bout with Ortiz by facing Fury again early on in 2020.

He said: "After I knock him out I will go to Fury, knock him out and then we will go for a unification."

United States-born Andy Ruiz, who fights under the Mexican flag, holds the division's IBF, WBO and WBA titles after a sensational stoppage of Britain's Anthony Joshua in June.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/boxing/49867618

Tremendous welterweight action last night for the unified world championship, high calibre skills on display and a FOTY candidate. Not an easy fight to score given that it was so back and forth, Spence landed the eye catching blows while Porter was excellent with his work rate and mixing up his offence between the outside/inside, the movement is not easy to deal with but Spence has excellent defence, but he did take more shots then ever before in this fight and was marked up. Porter was relentless from start to finish, attacked the body and surprised Spence many times with his right cross / upper cut (should have used this a bit more) , while Spence looked to use Porter's aggression against him landing clean left and right hooks as Porter leaned with his head, also attacking his body (was warned for numerous low blows to) and Porter would have to pay for that aggression in the 11th when Spence timed him with a beautiful left hook / upper-cut which forced Porter to touch the canvas with his gloves; both guys have insanely good chins and a lot of heart. I did give the fight to Porter by a point despite the KD but it could have been scored in Spence's favour to as there were rounds that could have gone either way.

But a good win for Spence nevertheless, PBC have been heavily pushing a showdown between him and Manny; I think that at this stage of his career Manny does not need an opponent like that who is also very heavy handed, but knowing him he is very likely to take the fight; there's no doubt he will be very competive but being the smaller man against a fighter who is very big for the 147 lb division he will really feel the punches and at his age, while he has already defied the odds miraculously I think it's too much. But it is still a fight to look out for I suppose, will bring us one step closer to determining the undisputed lineal welterweight champion of the world.

As for Porter, being under the PBC umbrella am sure there will still be plenty of options for him; however it may be a while before he fights for a world title unless he chooses to move up.

[MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] Did you watch Spence v Porter ? what was your take, it was a FOTY candidate mate, an old school welterweight throwback classic; it was so hard for me to separate the two, if there was one moment which did then it was the KD but besides that nothing else

WBC champion Deontay Wilder will defend his world heavyweight title against Luis Ortiz in Las Vegas on 23 November, promoters announced on Saturday.

The rematch follows Wilder's knockout win over the Cuban in New York in 2018.

American Wilder, 33, boasts a career record of 41 wins and one draw, and has held the WBC title since 2015.

After beating Ortiz, he drew with Tyson Fury in December before knocking out compatriot Dominic Breazeale in May.

Wilder, who has won 40 of his fights by knockout, said he wants to finish Ortiz with "a dramatic knockout" to send a message to the rest of the heavyweight division.

"He has to be perfect for 12 rounds. I only have to be perfect for two. I'm blessed with the gift of power," Wilder said.

Speaking to BBC Sport in August, Wilder said he would follow his bout with Ortiz by facing Fury again early on in 2020.

He said: "After I knock him out I will go to Fury, knock him out and then we will go for a unification."

United States-born Andy Ruiz, who fights under the Mexican flag, holds the division's IBF, WBO and WBA titles after a sensational stoppage of Britain's Anthony Joshua in June.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/boxing/49867618

Ortiz is almost 60 now, I worry for him; his skills and technical ability have saved his decline thus far but you don't want to be in the ring with a puncher like Wilder in that state way past his prime. I think this time the KO will be more brutal and potentially quicker to.

[MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] Did you watch Spence v Porter ? what was your take, it was a FOTY candidate mate, an old school welterweight throwback classic; it was so hard for me to separate the two, if there was one moment which did then it was the KD but besides that nothing else

Not yet bro, only know the result lol. But will watch it and give a review.

I agree with your views on Ortiz, decent enough chin but at his age against a crazed Wilder this could end up very ugly. I will be shocked if Ortiz has the same success he had in the first fight.

Not yet bro, only know the result lol. But will watch it and give a review.

I agree with your views on Ortiz, decent enough chin but at his age against a crazed Wilder this could end up very ugly. I will be shocked if Ortiz has the same success he had in the first fight.

Sorry if I spoiled lol generally after a fight if you didn't see it live then avoid all spoilers and go to this site here:

https://boxingvideo.org/fight-replays/

Yes, I think it is a travesty that we are allowing Ortiz to fight at this stage; I don't know how he even manages to pass a medical, so much corruption within the governing authorities

It will have the full fight replay

Update on upcoming fights:

October

GGG v Derevyanchenko - vacant IBF title

Oleksandr Usyk vs Tyrone Spong (Heavyweight) , interesting considering Usyk's move up

Regis Prograis vs Josh Taylor , unified super-lightweight titles and the RING; look forward to this, no.1 v no.2

Shakur Stevenson vs Joet Gonzalez , world title; with the golden boy come of age despite his inexperience, I would say so; Stevenson is a special fighter

November

Canelo v Kovalev - this is massive, a world title fight at light heavyweight with Canelo moving up, many feel it will be easy for him and how he may even stop Kovalev; am not too sure there, massive credit to Canelo if he pulls it off but a motivated Kovalev is a big threat and he showed so much heart in that W over Yarde when on the brink recently

Naoya Inoue vs Nonito Donaire (WBA & IBF Bantamweight Titles) - I believe this will be the final, Inoue is arguably the best fighter on the planet and if he manages to take out the legendary Nonito Donaire then that argument may hold even more merit

Lee McGregor vs Kash Farooq (British & Commonwealth Bantamweight Titles), this is a domestic show down which Brits may find of interest; I think whoever comes through this will have very good world level prospects

Wilder v Ortiz 2

December

Ruiz v Joshua 2

Out of all these the ones I am looking forward to most are Canelo / Kovalev, Taylor / Prograis, Inoue / Donaire and Joshua / Ruiz

Will also be interested to see how Stevenson and Usyk progress

Sorry if I spoiled lol generally after a fight if you didn't see it live then avoid all spoilers and go to this site here:

https://boxingvideo.org/fight-replays/

Yes, I think it is a travesty that we are allowing Ortiz to fight at this stage; I don't know how he even manages to pass a medical, so much corruption within the governing authorities

It will have the full fight replay

No its fine bro, knew the result.

But what a fight it was! I could write a whole essay on it but will just say the way Porter fought on the front foot became a real struggle for Spence. He has such an arkward style with his dead down and moving in at different angles, its tough to counter. And countering was the issue for Spence on the inside. He couldn't find the distance to use his jabs or combinations to the head so focued on the body, which is great but will rarely put stop a fighter. Spence started to plant his feet as Porter was having good success on the inside toward the head with good powerful shots. Spence landed more throughout the fight but a draw would have been fair result imo as it was one of Porters best ever performances. Need to see a re-match but looks like Spence may face the legend Pacman. Once again, I will never go against Pacman so should be a cracker.

No its fine bro, knew the result.

But what a fight it was! I could write a whole essay on it but will just say the way Porter fought on the front foot became a real struggle for Spence. He has such an arkward style with his dead down and moving in at different angles, its tough to counter. And countering was the issue for Spence on the inside. He couldn't find the distance to use his jabs or combinations to the head so focued on the body, which is great but will rarely put stop a fighter. Spence started to plant his feet as Porter was having good success on the inside toward the head with good powerful shots. Spence landed more throughout the fight but a draw would have been fair result imo as it was one of Porters best ever performances. Need to see a re-match but looks like Spence may face the legend Pacman. Once again, I will never go against Pacman so should be a cracker.

It was an epic battle and to be honest I totally agree with your review of the fight, a draw would have been an ideal result in that situation; it definetly was Porter's best performance, Spence is being positioned as PBC's leading man and with his experience / style, pedigree he ought to get favoured even these type of scenarios it's the name of the modern boxing business model. I wouldn't mind a re-match at all but it seems like Spence will be facing Danny Garcia in the mean time before the Manny clash (his promoters have been putting him under immense pressure to take the fight and PBC/Fox to) ; they want Spence to get that big main stream publicity and exposure with a W over a legend.

GGG won the vacant middleweight title again in a fight which was very close, I need to see this but again; in close fights the "home" fighter always gets the nod, his fans complain they never got the rub of the green against Canelo but GGG has been favoured in world title bouts that were close beyond Alvarez, his main issue at the highest level has been his inability to counter

It was an epic battle and to be honest I totally agree with your review of the fight, a draw would have been an ideal result in that situation; it definetly was Porter's best performance, Spence is being positioned as PBC's leading man and with his experience / style, pedigree he ought to get favoured even these type of scenarios it's the name of the modern boxing business model. I wouldn't mind a re-match at all but it seems like Spence will be facing Danny Garcia in the mean time before the Manny clash (his promoters have been putting him under immense pressure to take the fight and PBC/Fox to) ; they want Spence to get that big main stream publicity and exposure with a W over a legend.

GGG won the vacant middleweight title again in a fight which was very close, I need to see this but again; in close fights the "home" fighter always gets the nod, his fans complain they never got the rub of the green against Canelo but GGG has been favoured in world title bouts that were close beyond Alvarez, his main issue at the highest level has been his inability to counter

I watched the GGG fight live and after the first round though this is a mismatch but huge credit to his opponent who went all out to take the title. By round 6/7 GGG age and conditioning showed, he was blowing air like an air balloon but hung on to get the second wind which carried him to a point victory. It was a very difficult fight to score as most of the rounds could have gone either way but I scored as a GGG victory by 1 point because I felt he did enough to win the last round and with the knockdown just did enough.

I think GGG is pretty much finished in the elite category now. He might as well get a big pay day and retire imo.

Back