Boxing Thread

AJ has so many vulnerabilities and weaknesses that it is not even funny. But his biggest achilles heal is his china chin. Wilder has flaws too but he makes up for it with his speed, all time great power, athleticism, fitness and will to win and the fact he has a much better chin than AJ

AJ has so many vulnerabilities and weaknesses that it is not even funny. But his biggest achilles heal is his china chin. Wilder has flaws too but he makes up for it with his speed, all time great power, athleticism, fitness and will to win and the fact he has a much better chin than AJ

We have been saying this for years, hope this is a good wake up call for all the delusional casual fans, most of them will stop supporting him anyway the fair weather tools. Am not happy he lost but his fan base is on another level when it comes to ignorance. The odds will be in favour of Wilder now but I still believe it's a good fight, but because of his power and AJ's vulnerability we have not seen AJ fight him and Hearn has overly protected him for this reason; but what was the point ? This just proves you don't delay superfights because anything can happen, credit to Ruiz but he was in no top 10 Ring Magazine rankings or Boxrec and didn't get as much time to train either coming in 6lb heavy, in recent times hasn't been active enough either don't get me wrong he has good speed and skills, but AJ didn't even face the best version of Ruiz, that shows you his immense heart / determination to but I would have favored AJ regardless, he will still be the favourite in a rematch

I just found out the result...
OMG..
So the AJ bubble has finally burst

I didn't book the fight but not surprised at all that it ended this way for AJ, seen him rocked too many times by fighters who had any sort of ability to reach his chin. Shameful end to his rein as title holder after ducking the real champions for so long. Say what you want about Amir, at least he never shied from taking on the best.

There comes a time in everyone’s lives where you have to look at yourself and admit when you’re wrong.

Re AJ, I WAS WRONG

Wow I don't have my laptop with me or access to the footage just spending time with fam after long time away tend to not go on anything aha, but was listening to BBC radio 5 live and following shaykh updates, fell asleep after listening to Katie/Peerson fight; from what I gather it was very close and in typical A side style the biggest ticket seller always wins, you have dominate the champ.

Most hardcore fans like me, KingKhan, shaykh and a few others always know AJ had a defensive vulnerability and is just too orthodox but even then, I wouldn't expect Ruiz to have beaten him; a short notice opponent that came in 6lb heavy. I hope this also shows who has been avoiding who and which fighter has been protected for so long and matched beautifully in recent times. I am dissapointed because AJ v Fury/Wilder loses appeal compared to before, whether AJ or matchroom both should be criticised for not forcing the big fights. Having said that, I think AJ will win the rematch hopefully and I wouldn't question his heart.

Will post further on the fights after I have seen the card in full.

On the plus side it does open the division up a little bit even more so if lightning strikes twice! But you know what I haven't seen this yet but we should be giving full credit to Ruiz, fat men can fight! Maybe we should stop giving Sarfraz stick to :))) I believe he is now Mexico's first HW world champion, what an incredible moment for his people, family and Boxing mad country. Will be interesting to see the new The RING and Boxrec rankings update ;)

Hahaha hopefully Sarfraz can use this as inspiration...doesn't matter if you have a belly and fat face...

Unfortunate you missed it...was quite a moment...in theory this should open the division up...cos now the 0 isnt a factor now...but im not sure AJ comes back from this...part of his aura and part of his confidence comes from the fact that he believes this all to be easy...but in deep waters he just doesn't have the heart...he has the ability to win a rematch though that much is true...

All his niceness after the fight couldnt hide the fact that he was in shock...

Wilder hasnt become a better fighter cos of this fight...Ruiz is superior to Wilder in most areas...what Wilder does have is obviously speed and game changing power and while before i felt he could be the one to stop Wilder that leaky defence, suspect chin and heart likely mean he's going to sleep...

I’ve always maintained that Joshua is overrated & the most protected fighter. Absolutely smashed!

The AJ roadshow comes crashing to an end

The worrying fing is it wasn’t a lucky punch ala haseeb rahman
He was knocked down four times and looked tired, bemused and overwhelmed
Bring him back to the UK and tell he doesn’t have the brain to box like Tyson fury

Joshua just like British hype jobs before him (not withstanding the Gypsy King) got exposed as expected.

Doing the rematch will be in Hearns and Matchroom's best interest, but i am not sure about AJ. Based on what i saw in there, he does not have the skill, tool set of physique to deal with a Ruiz type fighter. With his suspect chin he will need to model himself on Wlad going forward and this will make him less marketable

I didn't book the fight but not surprised at all that it ended this way for AJ, seen him rocked too many times by fighters who had any sort of ability to reach his chin. Shameful end to his rein as title holder after ducking the real champions for so long. Say what you want about Amir, at least he never shied from taking on the best.

He calls it quits in middle of title fights tho

People are forgetting this was a change in opponent for obviously AJ would have trouble dealing with him.

No excuse for an upset of this magnitude but it is not unusual, are we forgetting Leon Spinks beating Ali? Douglas brutalising Tyson? McCall annihilating Lewis?

The best come back, so let's see how AJ does here.

And please stop the Wilder comparisons, it took him a decade to fight his first legit opponent.

People are forgetting this was a change in opponent for obviously AJ would have trouble dealing with him.

No excuse for an upset of this magnitude but it is not unusual, are we forgetting Leon Spinks beating Ali? Douglas brutalising Tyson? McCall annihilating Lewis?

The best come back, so let's see how AJ does here.

And please stop the Wilder comparisons, it took him a decade to fight his first legit opponent.

Wilder got into the sport late and didn't have an extensive amateur career, he is an athlete who switched careers. So this argument that it took him 10 years etc is stupid, this is Boxing not some lanju panju sport and you don't need to rush and timing is everything, Wladmir had the division on lockdown for a while and we judge resume's more closely from the moment fighters become world champion and since then it is much improved as expected. Fact of the matter is AJ ducked Whyte for the April date, has never been keen on Ortiz until he became old / miller pull out and then got dominated by Ruiz who ya"ll casuals saw as a can, the same type of cans which Wilder gets berated for knocking into next week.

But there's a reason why AJ is yet to face a top 3 name in his career since becoming champion but we should praise matchroom for milking the UK casuals into oblivion and protecting his cash cow to the point where bouts with Fury/Wilder don't have the same appeal anymore

He calls it quits in middle of title fights tho

AJ got up in the Wlad fight, apart from accusations of him throwing in the towel against Ruiz I don't know which other fight he didn't show heart unless we're including the amateur defeat but I didn't look much into that

Doing the rematch will be in Hearns and Matchroom's best interest, but i am not sure about AJ. Based on what i saw in there, he does not have the skill, tool set of physique to deal with a Ruiz type fighter. With his suspect chin he will need to model himself on Wlad going forward and this will make him less marketable

It's a must win, he has 1 more fight left with DAZN and on top of that if he don't win the titles will be in the hands of PBC. But you know what, I rather give Al a shot when you look at how protected AJ has been, Al is also more of an advisor to rather then having Wilder in an exclusive contract plus we have seen him vs Ortiz and Fury in recent times at least. Also, the IBF demand a mandatory defence vs Pulev but with Ruiz winning that title could potentially get vacated and end up in the Top Rank loophole!

"are we forgetting Leon Spinks beating Ali? Douglas brutalising Tyson? McCall annihilating Lewis?"

The audacity of AJ fans even after this loss OMG :facepalm:

We are now using these facts to justify a very awful defeat:

A past his prime Ali battling parkinsons losing to Spinks in his 58th fight

Douglas is no Ruiz first of all but he also beat a Mike who had fired Rooney and was battling well documented issues beyond the ring

Mcall is no Ruiz either and he one bombed Lewis with a lucky punch

AJ on the other hand was systematically beaten by a 30-1 underdog over 7 rounds in the prime of his career defending unified championships to the point where he spat out his gum shield got up and turned his back on the ref using the ropes to lean while the final count was being administred. He may well return and do well but lets be real, it's one of the greatest upsets ever and we should look at this with context going by the calibre of his opponent to in the context of the HW division.

"are we forgetting Leon Spinks beating Ali? Douglas brutalising Tyson? McCall annihilating Lewis?"

The audacity of AJ fans even after this loss OMG :facepalm:

We are now using these facts to justify a very awful defeat:

A past his prime Ali battling parkinsons losing to Spinks in his 58th fight

Douglas is no Ruiz first of all but he also beat a Mike who had fired Rooney and was battling well documented issues beyond the ring

Mcall is no Ruiz either and he one bombed Lewis with a lucky punch

AJ on the other hand was systematically beaten by a 30-1 underdog over 7 rounds in the prime of his career defending unified championships to the point where he spat out his gum shield got up and turned his back on the ref using the ropes to lean while the final count was being administred. He may well return and do well but lets be real, it's one of the greatest upsets ever and we should look at this with context going by the calibre of his opponent to in the context of the HW division.

Worth adding to this...McCall didn't outclass Lewis....he caught him...

Had Ruiz just simply knocked out AJ then it would have been comparable...but he knocked AJ down 4 times...he outboxed, bossed and schooled AJ...this wasn't just some shot that landed...

And this is why this reflects badly...

Personal issues, one off punches, end of ones career...none of these were applicable here...

Smith is way too big at 168, he should move upto 175, dont see anyone beating him at 168, canelo,ggg, Saunders, Jacob's all get beat by him, few kos as well I think.

Worth adding to this...McCall didn't outclass Lewis....he caught him...

Had Ruiz just simply knocked out AJ then it would have been comparable...but he knocked AJ down 4 times...he outboxed, bossed and schooled AJ...this wasn't just some shot that landed...

And this is why this reflects badly...

Personal issues, one off punches, end of ones career...none of these were applicable here...

Just watched the fight mate am absolutelt gob smacked, I didn't realise he was dropped so many times and out on his feet for majority of the fight. Also seriously bizzare interactions in the corner! Also I don't want to say no mas as you had earlier or question heart but that wasn't the best look at the end....but have to keep remembering to give Ruiz credit, so much heart, very very composed even after being dropped first time in his career, came with a plan, no fear, attacked the body, used jabbed beautifully up and below to disrupt Joshua's rhythm and was very patient to although a little too much at times but he got the finish he wanted and those fast combinations were fruitful, he has good amateur background to quick search and made olympic trials bur lost to Dilian Whyte opponent Rivas

Lol this was such a shocking incompetent display in the ring, i haven't been able to focus on Cricket for the last 2-3 days. I knew the guy had a very poor chin but didn't expect him to look like a complete amateur compared to a fatman.

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION]

What’s the bigger upset:

Tyson-Douglas or Joshua-Ruiz?

AJ's world has come crashing down now, everyone realizes he was overpaid and overhyped. The way he quit in the end was embarrassing and disgraceful, he does not have the stomach for a dog fight

Hearn on Joshuas condition

On some thinking that Joshua could’ve continued in the fight:

“I mean, I don’t think he knew where he was. It’s very easy to say ‘oh, what is he doing?’ — he didn’t know where he was! You know, he spat his gum shield out on the floor to probably try to get a little bit more time, or just didn’t know where he was, went back — he’s trying to stand up! I mean he could hardly stand up so he was looking at the ref, he didn’t say ‘I don’t wanna continue.’ The ref said ‘are you okay?’ and he sort of [had a glassy look in his eyes]. The fight was done. So, again, I’d love to say it was an early stoppage...but he wasn’t trying to continue. He just really didn’t know where he was...”

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION]

What’s the bigger upset:

Tyson-Douglas or Joshua-Ruiz?

Tyson-Douglas because of how it rocked the world and the odds before hand.

Ruiz winning was an upset but not a major major shocker as most who follow the sport religiously saw this coming, but this can be classified as a bigger upset from POV of him being sytematically beaten in the prime of his career as a unified champ with no glaring problems heading into the fight.

Hearn on Joshuas condition

Do you listen to Buncy / Costello podcast ? It is incredibly insightful, make sure you follow their episodes on BBC. They made a point that it was almost like a fighters reaction in sparring when you are dropped, you spit out the shield and head to the neutral corner, it may support the theory he didn't know where he was, ie in an actual fight

I never liked AJ training in the Team GB set up, first of all should he even be there as a pro fighter ? That facility is funded by the public. Anyway, Rob is great for the amateurs and has been decent enough for AJ but he hasn't made any noticeable technical improvements defensively, the KO's have been hiding this. Then their interaction in the corner was just bizzare!

I would advise AJ to immediately hire Jonathon Banks as his trainer and Wladmir as an advisor, he needs to model his style; yes it will be ugly but at the top level best way for him to win is use height / reach, jab / grab / right hand and left hook from time to time, limit the combination punching to; they will also provide the best way forward from a body composition and strength / conditioning POV, unfortunate late Emanuel has passed away he would be perfect for AJ right now

Last edited:
I never liked AJ training in the Team GB set up, first of all should he even be there as a pro fighter ? That facility is funded by the public. Anyway, Rob is great for the amateurs and has been decent enough for AJ but he hasn't made any noticeable technical improvements defensively, the KO's have been hiding this. Then their interaction in the corner was just bizzare!

I would advise AJ to immediately hire Jonathon Banks as his trainer and Wladmir as an advisor, he needs to model his style; yes it will be ugly but at the top level best way for him to win is use height / reach, jab / grab / right hand and left hook from time to time, limit the combination punching to; they will also provide the best way forward from a body composition and strength / conditioning POV, unfortunate late Emanuel has passed away he would be perfect for AJ right now

Are people going to be willing to pay him $20-30 million per fights to see him fight like Wladimir?

Are people going to be willing to pay him $20-30 million per fights to see him fight like Wladimir?

I have thought about this to and does he sell out stadiums ? First goal will be to beat Ruiz and from there on, am not sure if that will be the amount but I still think he would remain a draw, a lot will also depend on his dance partners, if say he fights someone dangerouse it would be an instant sell and if AJ won with a safety first approach he'd still praised - AJ is no Floyd but look at him as an example, maybe AJ should open up a bit and drop the nice guy act that could help as well

Never thought I’d see the day a Mexican became heavy weight champion. Congrats to the new champ , seem a great guy too !

Joshua is a pretender , has no heart or any great boxing skills . All of his career has been carefully managed against shot opponents or those who are not a threat , they made a mistake this time . lol

Wilder will KO Joshua in brutal fashion , so I think this fight won’t happen for a while or perhaps never .

Never thought I’d see the day a Mexican became heavy weight champion. Congrats to the new champ , seem a great guy too !

Joshua is a pretender , has no heart or any great boxing skills . All of his career has been carefully managed against shot opponents or those who are not a threat , they made a mistake this time . lol

Wilder will KO Joshua in brutal fashion , so I think this fight won’t happen for a while or perhaps never .

Huh? Dillian Whyte is a top contender, Joseph Parker is in his prime, Povetkin was a top 5 ranked heavy and Takam is one of the best going outside of the top, top heavyweight fighters. AJ beat them all, not to mention ATG Wlad, who may well have been past his best but turned in a world class performance.

Also, do you watch boxing? John Ruiz held the WBA heavyweight title and Andy Ruiz himself is actually American. Both John and Andy are Americans of Mexican descent.

Huh? Dillian Whyte is a top contender, Joseph Parker is in his prime, Povetkin was a top 5 ranked heavy and Takam is one of the best going outside of the top, top heavyweight fighters. AJ beat them all, not to mention ATG Wlad, who may well have been past his best but turned in a world class performance.

Also, do you watch boxing? John Ruiz held the WBA heavyweight title and Andy Ruiz himself is actually American. Both John and Andy are Americans of Mexican descent.

John Ruiz is of Puerto Rican descent and the first ever hispanic world HW title holder. Ruiz is the first world HW title holder of Mexican decent.

Dilian is a good win but he had an injured shoulder in that fight but still hurt AJ and is a much improved fighter now. Takam was a short notice opponent who had AJ in trouble before a premature stoppage and wasn't in any respectable top 15 contenders, his best run ended around 2013-14. Povetkin and Wlad good wins but lets be frank, both were past their best days. Parker had a belt but he benefited from home cooking in wins over Ruiz and a past it Takam, if you rewatch his battle with AJ; was it even a fight? the ref never let Parker work at all and AJ barely put his foot on the gas pedal, it was bizzare and hard for me to score rounds as neither man was able to do much damage; Whyte's performance over Parker much better but I agree he was a prime opponent. Among all these blokes Wlad is the only guy who you could say posed a legit threat.

John Ruiz is of Puerto Rican descent and the first ever hispanic world HW title holder. Ruiz is the first world HW title holder of Mexican decent.

Dilian is a good win but he had an injured shoulder in that fight but still hurt AJ and is a much improved fighter now. Takam was a short notice opponent who had AJ in trouble before a premature stoppage and wasn't in any respectable top 15 contenders, his best run ended around 2013-14. Povetkin and Wlad good wins but lets be frank, both were past their best days. Parker had a belt but he benefited from home cooking in wins over Ruiz and a past it Takam, if you rewatch his battle with AJ; was it even a fight? the ref never let Parker work at all and AJ barely put his foot on the gas pedal, it was bizzare and hard for me to score rounds as neither man was able to do much damage; Whyte's performance over Parker much better but I agree he was a prime opponent. Among all these blokes Wlad is the only guy who you could say posed a legit threat.

I guess with hindsight the gap between the big 3 and the rest isnt that great...

Fury is still post prime considering his issues...but is still the best in the division and by a margin imo...he thoroughly nullified Wilder until that final round...even with the two knockdowns Fury should have won...the Fury that fought Wlad would have won more convincingly...

Wilder just isn't good...what he has is game-changing power...and he fights when he is in trouble...i fancy most boxers im about to mention to outbox him but he will always be in a fight cos of that power...he was getting outboxed by the likes of Szpilika for instance...I had Ortiz outpointing him until he got the KO...if it goes 12 he should lose to a few guys...

Joshua...I still think Wilder represents a different challenge to say Ruiz...Wilders winging shots are easy to spot ...and what troubled Joshua was Ruiz's quickness, flurries and his punches in bunches...but Joshua himself has power...ppl forget that he floored Ruiz...and he has stopped the guys he has fought...his heart though is questionable...

Ruiz is coming off an amazing win and while I think he outboxes AJ again...its not completely impossible that AJ lands on him first...Ruiz beat Parker imo but it was a close fight...

Parker doesnt have the killer instinct to win fights imo...and while the ref hindered him v AJ he still lost on the cards...he would cause Wilder problems with his style but i guess he'd get robbed on the cards...

Whyte has a nasty left hook...that could trouble any of these guys...but he still lost to Parker imo...but Parker has a class chin...he could take out AJ or Wilder but he also could just as easily be taken out...

Ortiz...overrated fighter who gets his rating cos he managed to outbox Wilder...dont see him beating any of the above guys...

I guess with hindsight the gap between the big 3 and the rest isnt that great...

Fury is still post prime considering his issues...but is still the best in the division and by a margin imo...he thoroughly nullified Wilder until that final round...even with the two knockdowns Fury should have won...the Fury that fought Wlad would have won more convincingly...

Wilder just isn't good...what he has is game-changing power...and he fights when he is in trouble...i fancy most boxers im about to mention to outbox him but he will always be in a fight cos of that power...he was getting outboxed by the likes of Szpilika for instance...I had Ortiz outpointing him until he got the KO...if it goes 12 he should lose to a few guys...

Joshua...I still think Wilder represents a different challenge to say Ruiz...Wilders winging shots are easy to spot ...and what troubled Joshua was Ruiz's quickness, flurries and his punches in bunches...but Joshua himself has power...ppl forget that he floored Ruiz...and he has stopped the guys he has fought...his heart though is questionable...

Ruiz is coming off an amazing win and while I think he outboxes AJ again...its not completely impossible that AJ lands on him first...Ruiz beat Parker imo but it was a close fight...

Parker doesnt have the killer instinct to win fights imo...and while the ref hindered him v AJ he still lost on the cards...he would cause Wilder problems with his style but i guess he'd get robbed on the cards...

Whyte has a nasty left hook...that could trouble any of these guys...but he still lost to Parker imo...but Parker has a class chin...he could take out AJ or Wilder but he also could just as easily be taken out...

Ortiz...overrated fighter who gets his rating cos he managed to outbox Wilder...dont see him beating any of the above guys...

Not just power but also Wilder's speed and jab. Szpillika is a great boxer, he did really well; the thing is, you're looking at these guys from the POV of how Wilder is overly terrible and that takes your attention away from the skill of his opponents. If you compare Ortiz to Brezeale for example, how are they different ? One stand out feature is his foot work and movement, he is light on his feet and that is a major advantage on a HW division this era of flat footed fighters, he schooled from cuba and that shows in the technical ability, Wilder is terrible but it takes skill to feint and set up counter punching haymakers, not many of his opponents are capable of that; for years we have seen this and for the same reason it's not jusy me but there has been a consensus in Boxing that Ortiz is a very gifted fighter; however he is past it at this stage due to his age but because of the stylistic challenges and awkwardness he brings the man has been avoided for years by many in the division and that isn't a dig at AJ, Carl Frampton and many others wanted him ahead of Ruiz despite his old age; that's just the respect people have for the technical ability although am agreeing with you that he is done at 50-55 years old, everyone puts fighters specific fighters on the pedestal at times not as a consequence of how they perform against high calibre opposition due to various factors but because they pass the eye test.

Not putting Ortiz in a P4P top 3 but you can clearly see the talent he posses and natural ability over the likes of Whyte, Parker and Povetkin, he may lose to these guys now but because he is a budda and no one can beat age; but when those who pass the eye test step up and face real opposition the fights tend to be competetive see GGG v Canelo or Loma v Linares for example; Ortiz stepped up and was competetive against a top guy, besides Fury I have not seen any other opponent on the brink of almost knocking him out and not just having some moments in a fight and that is also in addition to out-boxing him.

I can never in my Wildest dreams see Parker knock out AJ or Wilder, I would retire from PP and support Birmingham City if it happened :yk3 the fight with Whyte was tight but he had too many quiet rounds for me and that battle with AJ was just dead, neither guy did anything at all now if Parker was the A side and unified champ maybe you'd look at it from the same angle and be like hey lets just give him the win, it wasn't a boxing it was just so awful and I'd give it a draw but that's not giving either guy any credit from a performance angle it was just trash and Parker is average, however he has age on his side to get better

Not just power but also Wilder's speed and jab. Szpillika is a great boxer, he did really well; the thing is, you're looking at these guys from the POV of how Wilder is overly terrible and that takes your attention away from the skill of his opponents. If you compare Ortiz to Brezeale for example, how are they different ? One stand out feature is his foot work and movement, he is light on his feet and that is a major advantage on a HW division this era of flat footed fighters, he schooled from cuba and that shows in the technical ability, Wilder is terrible but it takes skill to feint and set up counter punching haymakers, not many of his opponents are capable of that; for years we have seen this and for the same reason it's not jusy me but there has been a consensus in Boxing that Ortiz is a very gifted fighter; however he is past it at this stage due to his age but because of the stylistic challenges and awkwardness he brings the man has been avoided for years by many in the division and that isn't a dig at AJ, Carl Frampton and many others wanted him ahead of Ruiz despite his old age; that's just the respect people have for the technical ability although am agreeing with you that he is done at 50-55 years old, everyone puts fighters specific fighters on the pedestal at times not as a consequence of how they perform against high calibre opposition due to various factors but because they pass the eye test.

Not putting Ortiz in a P4P top 3 but you can clearly see the talent he posses and natural ability over the likes of Whyte, Parker and Povetkin, he may lose to these guys now but because he is a budda and no one can beat age; but when those who pass the eye test step up and face real opposition the fights tend to be competetive see GGG v Canelo or Loma v Linares for example; Ortiz stepped up and was competetive against a top guy, besides Fury I have not seen any other opponent on the brink of almost knocking him out and not just having some moments in a fight and that is also in addition to out-boxing him.

I can never in my Wildest dreams see Parker knock out AJ or Wilder, I would retire from PP and support Birmingham City if it happened :yk3 the fight with Whyte was tight but he had too many quiet rounds for me and that battle with AJ was just dead, neither guy did anything at all now if Parker was the A side and unified champ maybe you'd look at it from the same angle and be like hey lets just give him the win, it wasn't a boxing it was just so awful and I'd give it a draw but that's not giving either guy any credit from a performance angle it was just trash and Parker is average, however he has age on his side to get better

Let's look at Ortiz's career trajectory...

He debuted as a pro at 31 and lets be frank Cuban ages are more exaggerated than Pakistani ones...the guy looked about 40...and fought cans for 4 years...look at the likes of Rigondeaux and Loma and how long it took them to take steps up...

He started as a professional very old and was generally out of shape taking his first step up at an alleged 35 isn't a good look...and that step up resulted in him being done for being a juicer...

Wilder gets a lot of stick for fighting cans and padding his record but he didn't come from a boxing background...Ortiz has no excuse...

That said he still displayed skills against Jennings...light on his feet, powerful, good ring IQ, excellent jab ...it was a good fight and announced him...his poor stamina, and lack of inside game weren't gonna be exploited by Jennings nor Thompson...

That said back at that moment Joshua was fighting Whyte which was a good step up for him...and Wilder was still finding his feet...both I would have said were not ready for Ortiz...although I still might have fancied Wilder to land a lights out punch...this wouldn't be ducking...rather both fighters were still green...

I'd of said Povetkin V Ortiz was the best fight at that time...

You can't really lay into AJ at this point...he was 15-0...

What Ortiz did do though is fight dud fights after that....looked awful against Scott, Allen...I get your point about only turning up when you have a big fight...but when you are in his position you need to play yourself into that position by being exciting...his stock rose after the win over Jennings and Thompson and then he lost all of it in those fights that followed...Hearn was trying to build Ortiz up don't you agree and Ortiz kinda wasted it...

That said he worked his way into a mandatory spot for AJ...and then what did he do?...he juiced again and got suspended...he's messed up his own career...

I actually think at this point AJ could have beaten him...both have poor stamina but Ortiz's defence isn't great...and that chin was untested...

AJ fought safe fighters but then did step up to fight Wlad ...while Ortiz was getting done for juicing...

And Wilder did fight him and beat him...the fact that he was old was his own doing really...getting two suspensions for juicing...and turning professional at 70...

You say he was avoided which may well be true but for legitimate reasons...some fighters were too green...and at other times were fighting more sellable fights...and in the case of those who fought Wlad more challenging ones...

Who should have fought him and when iyo?...

Amir Khan has defended the choice of location for his next fight in the face of human rights concerns by claiming Saudi Arabia is undergoing significant change.

The 32-year-old faces unheralded Indian Neeraj Goyat at King Abdullah Sports City in Jeddah on July 12 less than three months after he was controversially stopped in six rounds by Terence Crawford.

Amnesty International have described the Saudi human rights record as "abysmal", adding that the nation is in the "grip of a sweeping crackdown against critics of the government", and implored Khan to travel there with his "eyes firmly open".

Khan is reportedly being paid £7million - £3million more than he earned against Crawford - to headline a team event between fighters representing Pakistan and India.

The former unified world welterweight champion is a Muslim and has embarked on pilgrimages to Saudi Arabia on a number of occasions, offering him his own perspective on the country.

"When I was there last, it had all changed. I started seeing women not wearing head scarves. Women were out driving," Khan said.

"They had a huge concert where everyone was dancing and enjoying themselves. I'd never seen that side of Saudi Arabia before.

"Maybe now they are changing to make it that new place where people can enjoy themselves and it's fair for women. I think they're trying to change now.

"They are throwing a lot of money on to the table, and at the end of the day we are prizefighters. For me, I would be stupid to not take this opportunity."

https://www.itv.com/news/update/2019-06-06/khan-i-would-be-stupid-not-to-take-saudi-arabia-fight/

Let's look at Ortiz's career trajectory...

He debuted as a pro at 31 and lets be frank Cuban ages are more exaggerated than Pakistani ones...the guy looked about 40...and fought cans for 4 years...look at the likes of Rigondeaux and Loma and how long it took them to take steps up...

He started as a professional very old and was generally out of shape taking his first step up at an alleged 35 isn't a good look...and that step up resulted in him being done for being a juicer...

Wilder gets a lot of stick for fighting cans and padding his record but he didn't come from a boxing background...Ortiz has no excuse...

That said he still displayed skills against Jennings...light on his feet, powerful, good ring IQ, excellent jab ...it was a good fight and announced him...his poor stamina, and lack of inside game weren't gonna be exploited by Jennings nor Thompson...

That said back at that moment Joshua was fighting Whyte which was a good step up for him...and Wilder was still finding his feet...both I would have said were not ready for Ortiz...although I still might have fancied Wilder to land a lights out punch...this wouldn't be ducking...rather both fighters were still green...

I'd of said Povetkin V Ortiz was the best fight at that time...

You can't really lay into AJ at this point...he was 15-0...

What Ortiz did do though is fight dud fights after that....looked awful against Scott, Allen...I get your point about only turning up when you have a big fight...but when you are in his position you need to play yourself into that position by being exciting...his stock rose after the win over Jennings and Thompson and then he lost all of it in those fights that followed...Hearn was trying to build Ortiz up don't you agree and Ortiz kinda wasted it...

That said he worked his way into a mandatory spot for AJ...and then what did he do?...he juiced again and got suspended...he's messed up his own career...

I actually think at this point AJ could have beaten him...both have poor stamina but Ortiz's defence isn't great...and that chin was untested...

AJ fought safe fighters but then did step up to fight Wlad ...while Ortiz was getting done for juicing...

And Wilder did fight him and beat him...the fact that he was old was his own doing really...getting two suspensions for juicing...and turning professional at 70...

You say he was avoided which may well be true but for legitimate reasons...some fighters were too green...and at other times were fighting more sellable fights...and in the case of those who fought Wlad more challenging ones...

Who should have fought him and when iyo?...

There is no denying Ortiz is a really really old guy nor will I refute any of the juicing comments but I was purely speaking to you about his individual ability and skill, am sure you could appreciate the tools he posses which I mentioned; outside Fury in terms of natural ability very few can compare given his background and schooling as you say. The argument that he should have fought much better opposition is one which needs to be raised but I will look at it from the other side of the fence as you because he is someone stylistically which can cause any fighter problems and for this reason he has not been popular, we both know cubans in general are avoided because of how awkward they are / technical ability and Ortiz was not different in this case, am not overlooking that the onus is also on him to get those fights but am leaning more towards the argument that others in the division just don't fancy him and I am more likely to advocate this when I compare Ortiz to the likes of Parker, Povetkin and Whyte for example.

I agree we can't expect fights to step up unless they are Lomachenko so there is no criticism towards the likes of AJ and Wilder not facing him prior to their championship reign, but there were opportunities beyond that. AJ is a very narcissistic individual and he always brings up him beating the likes of Povetkin and Parker specifically because of their positioning inside the top 10, Ortiz was also an opponent inside those rankings....now I concede he could have done a bit more against the likes of Allen but I seriously doubt Eddie had a plan in mind for him to be an AJ opponent; that's just an excuse for him to dump him, if it was that big an issue and he had no worth then Wilder's team wouldn't have faced him, so I give him credit for relishing the challenge even if Ortiz was old, because in the past Ortiz's age never really did him any favours both on a personal level and also professionally in terms of luring top ranked opposition, in fact Whyte more recently didn't want to know when the WBC wanted him to face Ortiz to force a mandatory shot against Wilder; sure Wilder has clout with the WBC, WBC also used Ortiz to prevent that fight from happning because they saw that Ortiz is not someone fighters are in a hurry to face because there is more to lose then gain, you'd have Whyte as the favourite purely because of his age but skill for skill he doesn't compare to Ortiz and his team wouldn't want to take the risk.

GGG and Oscar Valdez in action tonight, from Valdez POV the opposition level is fine considering his confidence needs to be rebuilt after the brutal fight with Quigg and for GGG he will be looking to stay busy before a big fight in the final 1/4 of the year, he will be with new trainer Banks for the first time in his career.

More action to look forward to next weekend:

Briedis vs Glowacki
Dorticos vs Tabiti
Warrington vs Galahad
Kudryashov vs Makabu
Barrera vs Hart
Tyson Fury vs Schwartz
Egorov vs Perez
Dalakian world title defence
Mikaela and Sulivan Barrera will also be in action on the Fury under-card in the USA

Unfortunately I don't believe the Warrington / Galahad fight will come as a part of the PPV package for the Fury battle, if it did then I'd be more inclined to purchase the event. The cool thing about Boxnation was you'd pay the 11-12 quid for the month and get both fights in the UK and USA. Now unless you don't have BT sports you're sorted for the Warrington / Galahad event

GGG done it again.

GGG has always had power and in Boxing it's the last thing you lose, however he was getting tagged way too much against an inferior opponent for my liking and that seems to be the case against guys with decent speed and movement. It will be interesting to see how Banks can help him but at this stage of his career I don't envision drastic improvement.

I am deeply upset today, Zab Judah is in critical condition :( I pray he recovers

GGG has always had power and in Boxing it's the last thing you lose, however he was getting tagged way too much against an inferior opponent for my liking and that seems to be the case against guys with decent speed and movement. It will be interesting to see how Banks can help him but at this stage of his career I don't envision drastic improvement.

I've seen that before though...he does that in fights where he doesnt respect his opponents power...he didnt seem remotely concerned with this opponent or fight...it was a tune up in every sense...

GGG and Oscar Valdez in action tonight, from Valdez POV the opposition level is fine considering his confidence needs to be rebuilt after the brutal fight with Quigg and for GGG he will be looking to stay busy before a big fight in the final 1/4 of the year, he will be with new trainer Banks for the first time in his career.

More action to look forward to next weekend:

Briedis vs Glowacki
Dorticos vs Tabiti
Warrington vs Galahad
Kudryashov vs Makabu
Barrera vs Hart
Tyson Fury vs Schwartz
Egorov vs Perez
Dalakian world title defence
Mikaela and Sulivan Barrera will also be in action on the Fury under-card in the USA

Unfortunately I don't believe the Warrington / Galahad fight will come as a part of the PPV package for the Fury battle, if it did then I'd be more inclined to purchase the event. The cool thing about Boxnation was you'd pay the 11-12 quid for the month and get both fights in the UK and USA. Now unless you don't have BT sports you're sorted for the Warrington / Galahad event

Yeh Galahad Warrington is just BT Sports...Sky Sports has the WBSS fights though...

That Boxnation card is packed...

A bit like what's happening with Netflix...with Amazon etc producing their own content...more ppl are going back to torrents...the same seems to be happening with streams and boxing...

There is no denying Ortiz is a really really old guy nor will I refute any of the juicing comments but I was purely speaking to you about his individual ability and skill, am sure you could appreciate the tools he posses which I mentioned; outside Fury in terms of natural ability very few can compare given his background and schooling as you say. The argument that he should have fought much better opposition is one which needs to be raised but I will look at it from the other side of the fence as you because he is someone stylistically which can cause any fighter problems and for this reason he has not been popular, we both know cubans in general are avoided because of how awkward they are / technical ability and Ortiz was not different in this case, am not overlooking that the onus is also on him to get those fights but am leaning more towards the argument that others in the division just don't fancy him and I am more likely to advocate this when I compare Ortiz to the likes of Parker, Povetkin and Whyte for example.

I agree we can't expect fights to step up unless they are Lomachenko so there is no criticism towards the likes of AJ and Wilder not facing him prior to their championship reign, but there were opportunities beyond that. AJ is a very narcissistic individual and he always brings up him beating the likes of Povetkin and Parker specifically because of their positioning inside the top 10, Ortiz was also an opponent inside those rankings....now I concede he could have done a bit more against the likes of Allen but I seriously doubt Eddie had a plan in mind for him to be an AJ opponent; that's just an excuse for him to dump him, if it was that big an issue and he had no worth then Wilder's team wouldn't have faced him, so I give him credit for relishing the challenge even if Ortiz was old, because in the past Ortiz's age never really did him any favours both on a personal level and also professionally in terms of luring top ranked opposition, in fact Whyte more recently didn't want to know when the WBC wanted him to face Ortiz to force a mandatory shot against Wilder; sure Wilder has clout with the WBC, WBC also used Ortiz to prevent that fight from happning because they saw that Ortiz is not someone fighters are in a hurry to face because there is more to lose then gain, you'd have Whyte as the favourite purely because of his age but skill for skill he doesn't compare to Ortiz and his team wouldn't want to take the risk.

I don't deny he's a good boxer and he's got skills but I do feel he's somewhat overrated...his best asset is his footwork...that said his defence is quite leaky...that's why I do fancy Joshua would have beaten him anyway...especially with Ortiz's tendency to also gas...

I'm sure you agree that Whyte made more sense than Ortiz considering the whole background behind the fight...the amateurs...both being British etc...

I've seen that before though...he does that in fights where he doesnt respect his opponents power...he didnt seem remotely concerned with this opponent or fight...it was a tune up in every sense...

I am willing to concede that he does that against inferior opposition but that also shows it's not something which comes naturally to him when it comes to technical ability, we have seen lacklustre performances from fighters of a high calibre but rarely do you see them get tagged like that; GGG's defence is great for the likes of David and similar level opposition but at the top level you need either lateral movement from the feet or upper body / head movement; either you slip / bob-weave or use your legs to control range. GGG moves in straight lines whether from the front foot or back foot and his movement from the body/head is minimal, he is decent at cutting the ring off but if a fighter is moving well laterally or coming forward with excellent evasive skills he is going to struggle.

Yeh Galahad Warrington is just BT Sports...Sky Sports has the WBSS fights though...

That Boxnation card is packed...

A bit like what's happening with Netflix...with Amazon etc producing their own content...more ppl are going back to torrents...the same seems to be happening with streams and boxing...

Am not a big fan of sky monopoly but the WBSS on there is great for me as I only have to pay 8 quid, I believe the finals will also be on there right unless they will be on sky box office :facepalm: then I'd be paying 5 quid extra compared to what I was giving ITV

I try my best to support Boxing and in majority of cases I do to be fair, if am watching live I will always pay otherwise I just find a way to catch a replay a day later. But unfortunately fights like Galahad / Warrington and Dubois / Gorman are fights which I would pay for and want to see live but don't have BT :( and streams are just rubbish anyway mate always freeze

I am willing to concede that he does that against inferior opposition but that also shows it's not something which comes naturally to him when it comes to technical ability, we have seen lacklustre performances from fighters of a high calibre but rarely do you see them get tagged like that; GGG's defence is great for the likes of David and similar level opposition but at the top level you need either lateral movement from the feet or upper body / head movement; either you slip / bob-weave or use your legs to control range. GGG moves in straight lines whether from the front foot or back foot and his movement from the body/head is minimal, he is decent at cutting the ring off but if a fighter is moving well laterally or coming forward with excellent evasive skills he is going to struggle.

How did you score the Jacobs fight?...

How did you score the Jacobs fight?...

I had Jacobs winning that fight, it was close; can't remember by how many points think I had him up by a couple but watching it live GGG just didn't do enough for me outside the KD, if I was giving GGG rounds it probably more for his pressure in situations where Jacobs wasn't active enough; and that cost Jacobs unfortunately although I felt he did enough and it cost Jacobs once again in the Canelo fight.

[MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] your prediction?

It will be GGG's toughest challenge at MW without a doubt, both fighters are no.1 and no.2 at 160 for me. The more I think about it I feel as if am not giving Jacobs enough respect

I did expect GGG to win but felt Jacobs would be competitive, what swayed me towards GGG was the hype train I began to believe in it like others despite the fact that GGG has not really been tested by an excellent fighter at 160 so for long I had been skeptical about his aura of invincibility.

But I should have stuck to my guns! GGG is another hype job in boxing, he is no where near as good as you people have made him out to be and for all the criticisms folk in this thread gave me for being skeptical about his aura now you know why I did not have as much faith in this guy until he proved himself against a worthy challenger.

On this day, Triple G was no match for THE MIRACLE MAN; after all he beat Cancer, GGG was never going to be as big a challenge. Jacobs displayed incredible heart to respond in emphatic fashion after the flash knockdown, GGG looked very one dimensional out there he simply had no answer for Jacobs speed and fantastic movement (boxed beautifully at range with his jab); then in the second half he'd come on even stronger making GGG miss and countering with shots which forced GGG to back off. His chin was tremendous, he took the best GGG had to offer and was never really hurt in the fight barring a couple of instances; GGG just didn't work in the fight his best rounds were 4 and 9 but other then that he was dominated.

I scored the fight in favour of Jacobs 115-112 and it was a daylight robbery, given how GGG/Canelo is expected to draw big numbers in the future it is of no surprise that GGG's 0 has been protected thanks to corrupt practices.

Both Canelo and GGG are no where near as good as they are, Canelo has fought superior opposition and struggled against the likes of Trout, Lara and Cotto; and it is not arguable that he lost at least 2 of those fights while one of them could have gone either way. Even during the Khan fight, the judges had him ahead! just goes to show you the dark side of Boxing.

Golden Boy will be licking their lips after watching GGG performance so I guess the saving grace is that Canelo/GGG will face each other in the near future.

But for now lets celebrate Jacobs and what he accomplished, a star is born; I doubt a rematch will be offered to him but that's fine, he will become world champion regardless.

[MENTION=133972]shaykh[/MENTION]

Managed to dig out some old posts, have the same feelings but don't look at GGG or Canelo as hype jobs I was using those words when folk overly rate fighters beyond any doubt or weakness and I also used those words given that neither dominated when the opposition level stepped up but now I have a different outlook on this, while they haven't; no one has truly dominated them either, only Floyd managed that vs Canelo but Canelo is also a much improved fighter now and I still feel as if he will get better given that he has shown he has an ability to adapt and evolve, age is on his side as well.

[MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] your prediction?

It will be GGG's toughest challenge at MW without a doubt, both fighters are no.1 and no.2 at 160 for me. The more I think about it I feel as if am not giving Jacobs enough respect

On Khan V Alexander am i alone in thinking this is going to be a really boring fight...Alexander is always boring and Khan has become boring with his safety first approach...I can see a lot of clinching in this one and a boring UD for Khan...

Cant see either having the balls to fight GGG, both would get battered by him

lemuiex is far from a bum and was a decent fighter, was good to see GGGs ring intelligence and respect for DL as he used good timing, distance and jab to pretty much disarm DL and not let him throw any huge bombs.

Im not going to bother discussing Amir khan, kell brook etc... again its boring and already been discussed and you can attempt all you want to gain a response it aint going to happen.

No one is discussing them at all; am just pointing out your bias. It seems you genuinely believe Lemuiex to be a fighter that is worth bragging about when it comes to GGG's list of opponents. No one is doubting GGG's skill but ******* go on hype as if he has defeated Cotto, Canelo and Lara etc. I just don't put fighters on a pedestal until they beat peeps which actually present a challenge.

Only watched bits and pieces of the first fight but Crolla looked very good; the decision in the end was a day light robbery and am backing Crolla to win on points again. I really feel for him was gutted that he lost.

Come on man! Murray has to win right!! it has to happen, I've been waiting for 5 years and this guy is so friggin tough! he is so resilient I just hope he still has that fire in the belly because it's going to be close encounter and I expect Murray to win; Abraham hasn't fought anyone of Murray class in recent times imo and when he gets in there with someone who is actually decent he tends to struggle, he's a great boxer but Murray will handle him and finally win the belt this time.

Fury :akhtar to beat Wladmir by KO, remember to quote this post, you heard it here first.

Degale will win by KO towards the end of the fight last 3 or 4 rounds, and do believe Carl when he said he'll come out of retirement if Degale wins? :))) that's **.

What are your predictions?

My predicitions

Crolla by UD i think he will be even more fired up and will win this Fight.

I really do hope Murray wins the fight but getting a decision in germany is tough and i can see him being robbed contreversially on points by abrahams

Fury wont last more than 6 rounds against Wladmir and will get knocked out. Am shocked you are backing Fury to win!

De Gale will win his fight by KO/TKO in 6 rounds.

Looking for the GGG/Jacobs post found some funny interactions with Amjid and Shaykh we been chatting about Boxing forever lmao this is my favourite thread on PP

Last edited:
I think I was being overly harsh on David at 160 lb back then but he proved my theories to be true :))) I never gave him a shot against BJS either and many expected him to KO BJS into next week, one thing you can never take away from him though is that devastating power but you need a jab as well lol

Looking for the GGG/Jacobs post found some funny interactions with Amjid and Shaykh we been chatting about Boxing forever lmao this is my favourite thread on PP

I think most of us fell on the GGG hype train :) ...I've made a few shocking predictions in the past...a bit like football some of the prospects i've liked have gone on to do nothing...

I had high hopes for Lemieux once upon a time...I think my best prediction was Martinez...

I thought Jacob won too...I do think GGG has a good overall defence and did in that fight too...but yeh he struggled against Jacobs movement and his jab to control distance eluded him...

He is beatable especially now...

I think most of us fell on the GGG hype train :) ...I've made a few shocking predictions in the past...a bit like football some of the prospects i've liked have gone on to do nothing...

I had high hopes for Lemieux once upon a time...I think my best prediction was Martinez...

I thought Jacob won too...I do think GGG has a good overall defence and did in that fight too...but yeh he struggled against Jacobs movement and his jab to control distance eluded him...

He is beatable especially now...

I always got a lot of stick for even giving GGG or AJ criticism heck even Lomachenko, I hate no one just love the sport but problem is fans love a crowd pleasing style and the manner of victory but always tend to overlook things like style, obvious weaknesses, opposition quality and weight. But given the overwhelming hype I tend to still pick them despite my intuition at times. And we also criticise scoring when the biggest ticket seller always tends to get the nod in close contests but how many times do we ourselves objectively score bouts as a neutral rather then from the POV of our favourite fighter, you will always find a reason to give someone a round if you look for one.

Anyway check this out mate, terrific interview

Whyte / Rivas is on PPV will be supported by Price / Allen, don't think it's worth it if am honest but can see myself buying it if am watching live plus both will be exciting fights

My most anticipated fight over the next few months is Manny v Thurman, I believe we will get this for free on ITV 4 ! thank you uncle Al :akhtar

Look froward to the CW WBSS semi-finals tonight, my pick to win it all is Briedis especially when he is in good form; he pushed Usyk to the limit and that was a seriously close fight. Have not watched Glowacki but know Dorticos opponent Tabiti is a great prospect, have you watched these fellas fight [MENTION=133972]shaykh[/MENTION] ?

Whyte / Rivas is on PPV will be supported by Price / Allen, don't think it's worth it if am honest but can see myself buying it if am watching live plus both will be exciting fights

My most anticipated fight over the next few months is Manny v Thurman, I believe we will get this for free on ITV 4 ! thank you uncle Al :akhtar

artur szpilka v chisora has been added to this card, this ought to be a cracking fight and I expect spzpilka to out-box and potentially even stop chisora who only has a punchers chance in this fight / home-town decision. Interestingly the two fought in some polish movie lol

For those interested in Boxing and Cricket but don't have sky sports, you can get a now tv day pass from 8pm tonight when the Boxing would start and the pass would end 8pm on Sunday meaning you can not only watch the WBSS semi-finals but also the Ind/Pak cricket match; if the game is abandoned at least you'd get to see the Boxing ;)

That has to be some of the worst refereeing i've seen in a long time...

That elbow was ridiculous...if he wasn't gonna DQ Breidis then at least give Glowacki some time...if Glowacki hadn't landed that rabbit punch then i'd definitely be in favour of a DQ...that said I did think Glowacki exaggerated the elbow...

The second KD though was madness...that bell was ringing like crazy...Byrd...where the hell was he?...

I predicted Breidis to win...but that was shambolic...

Breidis saying too that he heard the bell...I don't blame him for continuing...Glowacki was throwing...but the ref...what was he doing...

He takes Dorticos imo...that was a good fight too...

Anywho ...means I can watch Galahad V Warrington now...got a sneaky feeling Galahad gonna do this...

Look froward to the CW WBSS semi-finals tonight, my pick to win it all is Briedis especially when he is in good form; he pushed Usyk to the limit and that was a seriously close fight. Have not watched Glowacki but know Dorticos opponent Tabiti is a great prospect, have you watched these fellas fight [MENTION=133972]shaykh[/MENTION] ?

Yeh i have Breidis is the real deal...like you said he pushed Usyk to the limit...he looked poor against Gevor but stylistically Gevor is an awkward fighter and tough to look good against...

Dorticos is a perfect style for him...

Glowacki was never in Breidis's class irregardless of the sham the fight was...he was struggling with Huck and was beaten convincingly by Usyk in comparison...

You gonna catch Fury live?...

Now that was an ugly fight...

Galahad did what I thought he would try to do... I just didn't think he would do it as effectively as he did... He completely boxed the fight at his tempo and nullified Warrington offence...

What he didn't do though was let off enough of his offence...

I still felt he won the fight cos ring generalship wise I felt he did it... But it was a tough fight to score...

Absolutely sickening! I am SICK to my stomach, Boxing stinks man I don't know if I want to watch this dirty sport anymore, Warrington didn't win more then 2 rounds in this fight. Disgusting :/ if there was a round or 2 in this I wouldn't be saying this, I never use the word robbery lightly but if there ever was home town cooking this was it, sure the Frank Warren fighter was bound to win; why even hold these fights, disgusting. When I say I feel sick am just not mincing my words, feel like something has been ripped inside; that's just disgusting. Fk Boxing.

I respect Warrington as a fighter, have followed his career for years and rated him when very few did, even have his documentary on DVD one of the best I've ever seen on a fighter. But he didn't win this fight, that was just disgusting; I have no other words to describe it, when a fighter is comprehensively out boxed in his back yard like that what more can you say. It was Fury v Wlad esque performance, they talk so much crap about Germany but you always see more shady judging in the USA and UK, I am sick of this

I respect Warrington as a fighter, have followed his career for years and rated him when very few did, even have his documentary on DVD one of the best I've ever seen on a fighter. But he didn't win this fight, that was just disgusting; I have no other words to describe it, when a fighter is comprehensively out boxed in his back yard like that what more can you say. It was Fury v Wlad esque performance, they talk so much crap about Germany but you always see more shady judging in the USA and UK, I am sick of this

Totally agree. I had Kid winning by at least 2 points, pretty much the same as one of the judges. 113-115 and this too because Warrington is the champion. Poor scoring is ruining this great sport, there needs to be some action taken.

Warrington looked poor, couldn't time his shots and was getting caught pretty easily. Kid boxed really well, very smart defence and deserved the title.

The thing is most of the fight was clinching...with the odd single punch...it was an awful fight...I agree that Warrington was outboxed...he was made to miss...but problem is Galahad needed to land more especially away from home...

Neither had effective aggression but I scored rounds based on ring generaliship which went to Galahad...but his output was really poor...he didn't lose rounds nor did he win them if that makes sense...

Fury was significantly more convincing against Wlad imo...

Totally agree. I had Kid winning by at least 2 points, pretty much the same as one of the judges. 113-115 and this too because Warrington is the champion. Poor scoring is ruining this great sport, there needs to be some action taken.

Warrington looked poor, couldn't time his shots and was getting caught pretty easily. Kid boxed really well, very smart defence and deserved the title.

Totally agree, there needs to be an investigation; this is just absolutely sick. By far the dirtiest decision this year, Warrington barely landed anything all night

The thing is most of the fight was clinching...with the odd single punch...it was an awful fight...I agree that Warrington was outboxed...he was made to miss...but problem is Galahad needed to land more especially away from home...

Neither had effective aggression but I scored rounds based on ring generaliship which went to Galahad...but his output was really poor...he didn't lose rounds nor did he win them if that makes sense...

Fury was significantly more convincing against Wlad imo...

Fury barely threw anything in the fight against Wlad as well but he wasn't being caught, landed more shots, displayed great movement and clinched effectively. Galahad followed the same approach but because he didn't get the win on the cards we subconsciously try to justify the home town champion getting the win; because if Galahad had won you would be explaining why he deserves it and how his performance was remarkable. But objectively speaking, Galahad dominated that fight; he controlled the pace, kept those morton football fans silent; barely got tagged in the entire fight, used his movement, accuracy and in-ring awareness to dominate Warrington who never won even 1 round convincingly, you don't have to look flashy in there to win; if you're landing cleaner shots more then your opponent and showing great defence / doing what you need to like a Floyd or Andre then you can't score against these fighters; Galahad doesn't have as big a reputation as those guys nor was he the champion or fighting in his back garden or on a matchroom card. You;re right as the away guy you need to do more and he did just that, he wasn't inactive on his back foot all night; coming forward is great, but how was Warrington able to effectively utilise that pressure ? are we going to score rounds for a guy purely because he is coming forward ? he needs to land as well, but he was getting countered all night with that straight left from the southpaw stance.

And I hate the ingle gym that bald head, galahad, brook and all of them really but am not going to let that get in the way of how I see a fight like a lot of mongs do

As an away fighter over the distance you need to win at least 8-10 rounds, if it's tighter then that I can see the decision going against you but here, Warrington was destroyed; just listen to his corner, they were desperate and their own fans were silent because he was being humiliated in the ring. Warrington barely did anything in that fight and Galahad landed more punches; now last weekend Taylor / Pearson was more competitive and people were calling that a robbery when it wasn't, this certainly was; Taylor at least was doing something in the first half, Warrington at best was able to sustain 2-3 punch combos a total of maybe 3-4 occasions; how can we give a fighter a 3 minute round for such bursts unless he is knocking his opponent down or concusively hurting him with power shots ? majority seem to feel the same way going by the reaction but what the hell does it mean he lost officially, disgusting

Totally agree, there needs to be an investigation; this is just absolutely sick. By far the dirtiest decision this year, Warrington barely landed anything all night

Kid Galahad accepted the decision magnanimously
Can’t see a rematch

Fury barely threw anything in the fight against Wlad as well but he wasn't being caught, landed more shots, displayed great movement and clinched effectively. Galahad followed the same approach but because he didn't get the win on the cards we subconsciously try to justify the home town champion getting the win; because if Galahad had won you would be explaining why he deserves it and how his performance was remarkable. But objectively speaking, Galahad dominated that fight; he controlled the pace, kept those morton football fans silent; barely got tagged in the entire fight, used his movement, accuracy and in-ring awareness to dominate Warrington who never won even 1 round convincingly, you don't have to look flashy in there to win; if you're landing cleaner shots more then your opponent and showing great defence / doing what you need to like a Floyd or Andre then you can't score against these fighters; Galahad doesn't have as big a reputation as those guys nor was he the champion or fighting in his back garden or on a matchroom card. You;re right as the away guy you need to do more and he did just that, he wasn't inactive on his back foot all night; coming forward is great, but how was Warrington able to effectively utilise that pressure ? are we going to score rounds for a guy purely because he is coming forward ? he needs to land as well, but he was getting countered all night with that straight left from the southpaw stance.

And I hate the ingle gym that bald head, galahad, brook and all of them really but am not going to let that get in the way of how I see a fight like a lot of mongs do

Here's the main difference between the Fury fight...Fury threw significantly more than Wlad...he nullified Wlad's offence to such an extent that Wlad barely threw ...Fury was busier, he landed more, and he got hit less...and i just checked...yeh Wlad averaged 19 punches THROWN a round...

Galahad nullifed Warringtons offence...but Warrington at least was attempting to mount an offence...he was certainly busier...I dont know who outlanded who...I agree that Warrington barely landed anything...but the same can be said for Galahad...the whole point of being a counter puncher is to actually throw and land counters...his output was low...and he only landed potshots...even throwing more than one punch at a time would have helped him...

There are spoilers in the Fury/Hopkins/Ward mould who still try to win rounds...then you have those Molina/Vazquez types who try not to lose rounds...

This fight made Fury/Wlad look like a slugfest...

As an away fighter over the distance you need to win at least 8-10 rounds, if it's tighter then that I can see the decision going against you but here, Warrington was destroyed; just listen to his corner, they were desperate and their own fans were silent because he was being humiliated in the ring. Warrington barely did anything in that fight and Galahad landed more punches; now last weekend Taylor / Pearson was more competitive and people were calling that a robbery when it wasn't, this certainly was; Taylor at least was doing something in the first half, Warrington at best was able to sustain 2-3 punch combos a total of maybe 3-4 occasions; how can we give a fighter a 3 minute round for such bursts unless he is knocking his opponent down or concusively hurting him with power shots ? majority seem to feel the same way going by the reaction but what the hell does it mean he lost officially, disgusting

What did Galahad land?...you keep speaking about what Warrington didnt do...which is correct...but other than stop Warrington from doing his thing...what did he do offensively...one pot shot a round and then two minutes of clinching...

Here's the main difference between the Fury fight...Fury threw significantly more than Wlad...he nullified Wlad's offence to such an extent that Wlad barely threw ...Fury was busier, he landed more, and he got hit less...and i just checked...yeh Wlad averaged 19 punches THROWN a round...

Galahad nullifed Warringtons offence...but Warrington at least was attempting to mount an offence...he was certainly busier...I dont know who outlanded who...I agree that Warrington barely landed anything...but the same can be said for Galahad...the whole point of being a counter puncher is to actually throw and land counters...his output was low...and he only landed potshots...even throwing more than one punch at a time would have helped him...

There are spoilers in the Fury/Hopkins/Ward mould who still try to win rounds...then you have those Molina/Vazquez types who try not to lose rounds...

This fight made Fury/Wlad look like a slugfest...

Warrington was throwing punches but nothing landed! Don't go off punch stats they don't work in a sport like Boxing you use your naked eye to judge damage. Wladmir just couldn't pull the trigger, but Warrington was punching air. There is absolutlely no use in giving a guy a round for mounting an offence when he can't hit the target; if that is the case then Manny beat Floyd.

What did Galahad land?...you keep speaking about what Warrington didnt do...which is correct...but other than stop Warrington from doing his thing...what did he do offensively...one pot shot a round and then two minutes of clinching...

Galahad didn't have a massive output, but should I give Warrington a round for giggles? The fact is that Galahad landed the cleaner punches and did not absorb much punishment in return, the name of the game is to hit and not get hit; it wasn't pretty but he won conclusively and dominated the fight when you score it round by round so it's the worst decision of the year and pure vomit, I only see casuals from Leeds sticking up for Warrington

Warrington was throwing punches but nothing landed! Don't go off punch stats they don't work in a sport like Boxing you use your naked eye to judge damage. Wladmir just couldn't pull the trigger, but Warrington was punching air. There is absolutlely no use in giving a guy a round for mounting an offence when he can't hit the target; if that is the case then Manny beat Floyd.

Galahad didn't have a massive output, but should I give Warrington a round for giggles? The fact is that Galahad landed the cleaner punches and did not absorb much punishment in return, the name of the game is to hit and not get hit; it wasn't pretty but he won conclusively and dominated the fight when you score it round by round so it's the worst decision of the year and pure vomit, I only see casuals from Leeds sticking up for Warrington

Warrington was punching air...Wlad wasnt even throwing...

Wlad was clinching...Galahad was doing it here...

As you said the point of boxing is to hit and not get hit...I didn't see much of Galahad doing the hitting part and that's the problem...Warrington wasn't taking any punishment either...it was a terrible fight...

I gave him the fight cos he landed the odd clean punch...but there were plenty of swing rounds...

Im not saying Warrington won...I scored it for Galahad but im surprised you're calling it the worst decision of the year...not a robbery for me...too many rounds with no punches and just clinches...honestly other than that one uppercut by Galahad there wasnt a single notable punch in the fight...

Badlefthook for example in the US scored it a draw...

Had Galahad actually had more output then it would have been a clear win...

He's found his ceiling really...very good defensively but offers nothing offensively...for all that controlling of distance and making Warrington miss he really should have landed more...but he didn't have the offence...

I generally score wins for defensive minded fighters...I am not a fan of the Harold Lederman come forward approach therefore you should get points...far too often fighters get points simply for being aggressive without that aggression being effective...or having more output outweighs accuracy...

Warrington's aggression was ineffective...but so was Galahads ...and while his punches were crisper when landed he missed a lot himself...

The point of making your opponent miss is so you can hit...both of them seem to hit each other about the same...McIntosh overly loved up what Galahad was doing tbf...

Fury took his soul when he slipped those shots...did everything he needed to announce himself to an American crowd...

Hart/Barrera was a fun fight too...

Tyson Fury sealed a comfortable second round victory over Tom Schwarz on his Las Vegas debut.

Fury, fighting for the first time since his thrilling draw with WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder last December, extended his professional record to 28-1-0 with a comprehensive victory over Germany’s Schwarz.

Fury dominated from the opening bell, immediately finding a home for his jab as Schwarz struggled to keep pace with his slick opponent.

After superbly slipping and sliding away from the German's second round attack, a ruthless Fury went in for the kill, connecting with a flurry of stinging shots that sent Schwarz to the canvas face first.

The previously unbeaten 25-year-old rose to his feet, bloodied and bruised, with Fury immediately picking up from where he left off.

With the Briton landing more shots and with Schwarz throwing nothing back, the towel was thrown in.

Fury entered the contest as an overwhelming favourite, fighting against an opponent competing outside of his home country for just the third time in his 24-fight career.

The undefeated heavyweight revealed in his post-fight interview he will return to the ring in September or October - before a hugely anticipated rematch with Wilder in 2020

Last month, Wilder announced plans to take on Luis Ortiz for the second time in his career, vowing to settle what he described as a ‘controversial’ fight against the Cuban who gave him serious problems when they met in New York in 2018.

And Wilder has also promised a second fight with Fury, insisting contracts have been signed and delivered at the end of May.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/bo...cond-round-victory-in-las-vegas-a4168261.html

In the second round Fury just completely confused the F out of him with all his tools i.e. left hook, right hand, changing from southpaw to orthodox, footwork, jabbing with the right hand, jabbing with the left, throwing an unexpected upper cut from left to right hand, bobbing and weaving of a desperate 4 punch combination, jabbing the face and then quickly jabbing the body. Which 263 lb fighter can do all this?

Wladimir Klitshko did not look confused and bewildered on what to do against Fury after 20 title defences for nothing. I just wish Fury does away with the clowning around and show boating in the ring.

Schwarz looked like he had a decent chin but the referee did his job by protecting him and not letting him take any more punishment.

Back