Boxing Thread

True, he has been behaving like a retired fighter with all the holidays and extensive charity work. Probably munches a lot to in places like Akbars getting Lamb karahi and what not lol people call him chinny but guys who are called that get tagged more on on the chin compared to others which points to a defence issue, but sometimes you can get away with that if your fitness and strength/conditioning is supreme as we saw during his run at 140lb and fights at 147 leading up to Alexander. There been times where he has lived that life but not enough, Virgil has been happy for him to take this fight though I wonder what he has in mind lol

Khan put a video up recently on social media where he is hitting the pads, even there he is upright off balance with his back foot not planted but on his toes
So when ever some one punches with him he is gonna be all over the place hence that dance he does.
Im surprised he hasnt worked on that.

Khan put a video up recently on social media where he is hitting the pads, even there he is upright off balance with his back foot not planted but on his toes
So when ever some one punches with him he is gonna be all over the place hence that dance he does.
Im surprised he hasnt worked on that.

Generally, boxers who rely on that in and out style where they use a fair bit of lateral movement will typically be on their toes; they will throw a quick combination and then being in that position with your rear foot makes it easier to move away as you move your toe in the direction you want to be and also spring off the ground right into a punch.

But his main problem has been that when he does that often he keeps his hands very low. But if you look at his biggest knockout defeats they often come when he is in the pocket too long or getting greedy, fighters in the past know it's not easy to time him so you need to be punching with him. But in his last fight he got dropped regardless of that which is a big red flag and then towards the end of the fight made the same old mistake of keeping his hands down as he moved away on his toes and got caught.

Generally, boxers who rely on that in and out style where they use a fair bit of lateral movement will typically be on their toes; they will throw a quick combination and then being in that position with your rear foot makes it easier to move away as you move your toe in the direction you want to be and also spring off the ground right into a punch.

But his main problem has been that when he does that often he keeps his hands very low. But if you look at his biggest knockout defeats they often come when he is in the pocket too long or getting greedy, fighters in the past know it's not easy to time him so you need to be punching with him. But in his last fight he got dropped regardless of that which is a big red flag and then towards the end of the fight made the same old mistake of keeping his hands down as he moved away on his toes and got caught.

Another problem is he doesn't plant his feet when he punches so no one respects his power.
He definitely needs to work on his stamina against Crawford and sit down more on his punches other wise it could be an early night for him.

Another problem is he doesn't plant his feet when he punches so no one respects his power.
He definitely needs to work on his stamina against Crawford and sit down more on his punches other wise it could be an early night for him.

That's a good point, he did sit on his punches more at 140; but the thing is, you tell him to do that and there will be more defensive lapses. Joe Goosen was working on correcting this issue but as we saw in his last 2 fights while the intent and power were great to see his defence was all over the place. Did you watch Thurman / Lopez ? Thurman was coming off a long lay off, dropped Lopez and looked amazing for the first 6 rounds but then was rocked in the 7th and on the verge of being stopped but managed to survive, from then on Lopez had some very good moments but Thurman had done enough by then to win on points. Amir had a similar performance against Vargas and sky were literally ripping him throughout the 12 rounds lol didn't get the logic because he was a guy they were meant to be promoting to.

That's a good point, he did sit on his punches more at 140; but the thing is, you tell him to do that and there will be more defensive lapses. Joe Goosen was working on correcting this issue but as we saw in his last 2 fights while the intent and power were great to see his defence was all over the place. Did you watch Thurman / Lopez ? Thurman was coming off a long lay off, dropped Lopez and looked amazing for the first 6 rounds but then was rocked in the 7th and on the verge of being stopped but managed to survive, from then on Lopez had some very good moments but Thurman had done enough by then to win on points. Amir had a similar performance against Vargas and sky were literally ripping him throughout the 12 rounds lol didn't get the logic because he was a guy they were meant to be promoting to.

Yh just caught the fight. Vargas looked like he punched himself out. As for Thurman I feel Spence and Crawford should be able to take him.

As for Sky yes I can't stand there commentary, it was Froch mostly to be fair to him he was saying similar stuff about Kell in his last fight. Though wasn't as harsh.

Yh just caught the fight. Vargas looked like he punched himself out. As for Thurman I feel Spence and Crawford should be able to take him.

As for Sky yes I can't stand there commentary, it was Froch mostly to be fair to him he was saying similar stuff about Kell in his last fight. Though wasn't as harsh.

Thurman called out Manny as well, that would be a great fight to see this year. He was coming off a long lay off so I think with another few camps behind him he could beat Spence. But I can't see anyone beating Crawford at 147 for sure, styles can make fights however and Manny could cause him major issues going by his performance against Broner; boxers hate being in the ring with fighters who are quick and Manny still has speed and his work rate is freakish even now.

Froch has been liking EDL tweets on twitter lol he's a dodgy character but still one of my favourites. He has been feuding with Khan for like forever now out of envy and pettiness. Kell's performance was a lot worse then Amir's in their last fights, Amir did ok outside a couple of huge scares and it was his first 12 rounder I think in 4 years

Thurman called out Manny as well, that would be a great fight to see this year. He was coming off a long lay off so I think with another few camps behind him he could beat Spence. But I can't see anyone beating Crawford at 147 for sure, styles can make fights however and Manny could cause him major issues going by his performance against Broner; boxers hate being in the ring with fighters who are quick and Manny still has speed and his work rate is freakish even now.

Froch has been liking EDL tweets on twitter lol he's a dodgy character but still one of my favourites. He has been feuding with Khan for like forever now out of envy and pettiness. Kell's performance was a lot worse then Amir's in their last fights, Amir did ok outside a couple of huge scares and it was his first 12 rounder I think in 4 years

Another good nights boxing on ITV. I was a little dissapointed with Thurman esp after knocking his opponent down early but he was a willing figther who came to win. The layoff certainly didn't hlep him but I felt he moved around too much instead of using his boxing skills in a stable position to inflict damage. On the plus side he showed he can take some serious shots and recover quickly.

Frochs brother Lee was allegedly very racist to George Groves wife on Twitter too so Im not surprised.

Another good nights boxing on ITV. I was a little dissapointed with Thurman esp after knocking his opponent down early but he was a willing figther who came to win. The layoff certainly didn't hlep him but I felt he moved around too much instead of using his boxing skills in a stable position to inflict damage. On the plus side he showed he can take some serious shots and recover quickly.

Thurman looked amazing for the first 6 rounds but when you're coming of a long lay off then you're going to really feel the pace and you're muscles are not use to taking the punches regardless of how much sparring you do. Thurman was one blow away from being knocked out, in the post fight interview he said that many think his One Time nickname is due to the power but for him it had always been an oxymoron in that it was more of a reminder for him personally that any mistake in the ring would be costly in that all it takes is One shot and it would be all over. Very articulate man, he studies a great of philosophy and is an avid historical reader. Thurman has relied a lot on lateral movement in the championship phase of his career, it has been a style adjustment; against opponents like Lopez you're right he could show more intent though but this defensive approach will benefit him a great deal in world title bouts combined with his combinations / power when moving in/out keeping you off with his stiff jab. He reportedly wants to face Manny this year, both are advised by Al Haymon and it could happen, great fight.

Frochs brother Lee was allegedly very racist to George Groves wife on Twitter too so Im not surprised.

I've also heard his early fan base was mostly EDL supporters from Nottingham

Check this out guys:

Awesome interview [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] [MENTION=142288]TQ89[/MENTION]

Great interview man. I always love watching both tyson's (mike & fury) speak more than any other boxer/fighter.

Sensational performance from Kovalev in his rematch with Alvarez, the KO humbled him a great deal, he changed trainers and Buddy had him go back to his routes of the amateurs days when he relied a great deal on angles and lateral movement but to maintain a style like that you need impressive fitness, lets be honest Kovalev is no spring chicken but he was able to maintain a very impressive work rate throughout the fight and the movement, feints and angle were all fantastic, he relied more on speed/accuracy by not loading up on his punches and picked his spots expertly. It was a boxing master-class, the key was also his training camp; at his age you need to be careful not to over work yourself and train smarter.

But what a comeback, I doubted his heart and courage; I will admit that after his losses to Ward but he proved me wrong in that regard more then anything else so fair play to him [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] as fighters rarely are able to bounce back from KO defeats. But, it's a very packed division, can he unify ? either way, LHW division is one to keep an eye on

Sensational performance from Kovalev in his rematch with Alvarez, the KO humbled him a great deal, he changed trainers and Buddy had him go back to his routes of the amateurs days when he relied a great deal on angles and lateral movement but to maintain a style like that you need impressive fitness, lets be honest Kovalev is no spring chicken but he was able to maintain a very impressive work rate throughout the fight and the movement, feints and angle were all fantastic, he relied more on speed/accuracy by not loading up on his punches and picked his spots expertly. It was a boxing master-class, the key was also his training camp; at his age you need to be careful not to over work yourself and train smarter.

But what a comeback, I doubted his heart and courage; I will admit that after his losses to Ward but he proved me wrong in that regard more then anything else so fair play to him [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] as fighters rarely are able to bounce back from KO defeats. But, it's a very packed division, can he unify ? either way, LHW division is one to keep an eye on

I haven't watched this yet but I was thinking the same , he looked lacking in stamina, fitness and work rate but you mentioned he was on his game this time. Was Alvarez below par or Kov just too good this time?

I haven't watched this yet but I was thinking the same , he looked lacking in stamina, fitness and work rate but you mentioned he was on his game this time. Was Alvarez below par or Kov just too good this time?

Kovalev was just too good, he explained that in his last fight he knew that if he didn't knock him out in 4 rounds he was going to lose and he had over-trained, this is what his old mentor had him do, they've been having Kovalev go through camps as if he is still 25 over the past 3-4 years which explains the stamina issues he has experienced. But for this fight, he trained a lot smarter and ensured there was enough gas left for the fight and he didn't look like slowing down despite his very very impressive work rate.

Alvarez was still dangerous with his right hand and tagged Kovalev infrequently but Kovalev took the shots well and just systematically broke Alvarez down in every way with his Boxing ability, sometimes when you're running through everyone with your power it can get to your head and you forget to use tools which helped you along the way in the first place, in this fight it was about back to basics and setting up his offence using his Jab extensively which is never easy to get under when he is moving laterally as well and keeping you off balance with his feints.

Alvarez is no mug at all but Kovalev just had his number here to the point where you wouldn't want to see a rematch either, make sure you check it out if you get the chance:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x71r79q

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The unique Prince Naseem Hamed <a href="https://t.co/vPAqwb0wWw">pic.twitter.com/vPAqwb0wWw</a></p>— Seconds Out (@Seconds_0ut) <a href="https://twitter.com/Seconds_0ut/status/1093101357148573702?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 6, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Anthony Joshua will fight in the US for the first time when he defends his IBF, WBA and WBO world heavyweight titles against Jarrell Miller on 1 June.

Joshua, 29, will take on Miller at Madison Square Garden in the undefeated American's home city of New York.

Miller, with 23 wins and a draw, has never fought for a world title.

The 30-year-old will almost certainly be the heaviest opponent Joshua has faced as a professional having weighed 22st 7lbs in his last contest.

That is almost five stone heavier than what Joshua weighed in at ahead of his victory over Alexander Povetkin in September.

Miller - nicknamed 'Big Baby' - won 20 of his fights by knockout but Joshua represents a huge step-up in class.

Joshua said: "I am heading to the Big Apple and I plan to embrace the culture and leave with an appetite for more.

"It has been an honour and a blessing to fight at some of the best venues in the world and at home in the UK, not least Wembley Stadium, but the time has come to head across the Atlantic and defend my heavyweight titles in the USA.

"I am looking forward to taking on another challenge with a good boxer and a brilliant talker. It will be an exciting fight. I will leave nothing to chance and plan on dismantling Miller in style to make my mark."

Miller made his debut in a bout at a restaurant 10 years ago and, while he has wins over the likes of compatriot Gerald Washington and Poland's Mariusz Wach to his name, most UK sports fans will probably know little of his career.

Joshua has been left with few options given fellow Briton Tyson Fury and WBC champion Deontay Wilder are set for a rematch, while Dillian Whyte has openly criticised the financial offer Joshua's team presented him with for a 13 April bout.

Joshua had Wembley Stadium booked for the date where he had hoped to face Wilder, but has scrapped the booking in favour of a US debut.

"Things happen, boxing politics," he said. "We had to branch out and look for other options."

A contest in the US has been seen by Joshua's advisers as a chance to enhance his global appeal.

Britain's Lennox Lewis boxed at Madison Square Garden three times, while greats such as Muhammad Ali, Evander Holyfield and Sugar Ray Robinson have also competed there.

There will undoubtedly be criticism of the move, given the public clamour for him to face Fury or Wilder in a bout that would unify all four belts.

Negotiations have repeatedly failed with Wilder, while the offers sent to both Fury and Whyte were deemed insufficient.

Wilder and Fury are now set for a rematch following their 1 December draw, while Whyte will fight in the UK in April or May.

Miller was not even listed by Joshua when he asked fans to vote on his next move in September, when 53% of respondents wanted a Wilder fixture and 42% called for Fury.

But the American - who has clashed with Joshua at a news conference before - can at least be expected to provide memorable sound bites when promoting the fight and give Joshua chance to increase his profile in the lucrative US pay-per-view market.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/47115889

Anthony Joshua will fight in the US for the first time when he defends his IBF, WBA and WBO world heavyweight titles against Jarrell Miller on 1 June.

Joshua, 29, will take on Miller at Madison Square Garden in the undefeated American's home city of New York.

Miller, with 23 wins and a draw, has never fought for a world title.

The 30-year-old will almost certainly be the heaviest opponent Joshua has faced as a professional having weighed 22st 7lbs in his last contest.

That is almost five stone heavier than what Joshua weighed in at ahead of his victory over Alexander Povetkin in September.

Miller - nicknamed 'Big Baby' - won 20 of his fights by knockout but Joshua represents a huge step-up in class.

Joshua said: "I am heading to the Big Apple and I plan to embrace the culture and leave with an appetite for more.

"It has been an honour and a blessing to fight at some of the best venues in the world and at home in the UK, not least Wembley Stadium, but the time has come to head across the Atlantic and defend my heavyweight titles in the USA.

"I am looking forward to taking on another challenge with a good boxer and a brilliant talker. It will be an exciting fight. I will leave nothing to chance and plan on dismantling Miller in style to make my mark."

Miller made his debut in a bout at a restaurant 10 years ago and, while he has wins over the likes of compatriot Gerald Washington and Poland's Mariusz Wach to his name, most UK sports fans will probably know little of his career.

Joshua has been left with few options given fellow Briton Tyson Fury and WBC champion Deontay Wilder are set for a rematch, while Dillian Whyte has openly criticised the financial offer Joshua's team presented him with for a 13 April bout.

Joshua had Wembley Stadium booked for the date where he had hoped to face Wilder, but has scrapped the booking in favour of a US debut.

"Things happen, boxing politics," he said. "We had to branch out and look for other options."

A contest in the US has been seen by Joshua's advisers as a chance to enhance his global appeal.

Britain's Lennox Lewis boxed at Madison Square Garden three times, while greats such as Muhammad Ali, Evander Holyfield and Sugar Ray Robinson have also competed there.

There will undoubtedly be criticism of the move, given the public clamour for him to face Fury or Wilder in a bout that would unify all four belts.

Negotiations have repeatedly failed with Wilder, while the offers sent to both Fury and Whyte were deemed insufficient.

Wilder and Fury are now set for a rematch following their 1 December draw, while Whyte will fight in the UK in April or May.

Miller was not even listed by Joshua when he asked fans to vote on his next move in September, when 53% of respondents wanted a Wilder fixture and 42% called for Fury.

But the American - who has clashed with Joshua at a news conference before - can at least be expected to provide memorable sound bites when promoting the fight and give Joshua chance to increase his profile in the lucrative US pay-per-view market.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/47115889

Not a terrible fight with Fury/Wilder busy, but Dillian Whyte deserved the world title shot. Matchroom have been meticulous in their matchmaking, face Miller when people want to see the Whyte fight and then later in the year make AJ/Dilian and say well you all wanted to see this even though Fury/Wilder winner will be free at that time. So AJ gets to sneak in another big pay day at a lower risk considering he remains unbeaten before taking a plunge against Wilder or possibly Fury.

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FBoxingKingMedia%2Fvideos%2F629646627456463%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

This is epic :)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The unique Prince Naseem Hamed <a href="https://t.co/vPAqwb0wWw">pic.twitter.com/vPAqwb0wWw</a></p>— Seconds Out (@Seconds_0ut) <a href="https://twitter.com/Seconds_0ut/status/1093101357148573702?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 6, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The swag was unique, makes Chris Gayle look a like an elderly woman.

Had the mouth and the fists to back up his mouth. ATG.

The swag was unique, makes Chris Gayle look a like an elderly woman.

Had the mouth and the fists to back up his mouth. ATG.

There will always be one Prince, the greatest we ever produced in my view although he has strong competition from Pep and Turpin (he inflicted Sugar Ray Robinson's second defeat in 1951, at the time Robinson was 129-1 lol and Turpin was announced on radio as being very inexperienced despite having fought 40 times aha it just shows you what the sport was like back then, on another level).

Even after all those years, no one has been able to capture the magic of the Prince and he still missed even in North America

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION]

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/47280228

Good to see ESPN have recognised what a superstar Fury is and fully deserved.

Also good to Adonis Stevenson on his way to recovery.

View attachment 88218

So happy for Fury, he deserves this and the North American market truly is made for him. He has taken way too many risks in his career and jumped through hoop after hoop being written off time and time again, others need to step up and am glad Fury is being rewarded for his efforts. The man is an elite fighter and should be put on the biggest pedestal and platform, hopefully at ESPN he becomes an even bigger star.

Am excited for Degale / Eubank, am especially happy to see Degale back in the UK he never got enough credit during his incredible run at his peak on the road. I will be getting the PPV, prediction ?

So happy for Fury, he deserves this and the North American market truly is made for him. He has taken way too many risks in his career and jumped through hoop after hoop being written off time and time again, others need to step up and am glad Fury is being rewarded for his efforts. The man is an elite fighter and should be put on the biggest pedestal and platform, hopefully at ESPN he becomes an even bigger star.

Am excited for Degale / Eubank, am especially happy to see Degale back in the UK he never got enough credit during his incredible run at his peak on the road. I will be getting the PPV, prediction ?

I think Degale needs to start well, dominate the ring and try to land as many shots as possible. Eubank is the younger and fitter fighter, like his dad has great conditioning but unlike Eubank snr when in trouble he can lose the fire in the belly. Im going for Degale on this one, it's a huge fight and if he loses it could be the end of his career. Should be a great fight and it's great to support ITV boxing who are now putting on fights for free from the states and beyond.

I think Degale needs to start well, dominate the ring and try to land as many shots as possible. Eubank is the younger and fitter fighter, like his dad has great conditioning but unlike Eubank snr when in trouble he can lose the fire in the belly. Im going for Degale on this one, it's a huge fight and if he loses it could be the end of his career. Should be a great fight and it's great to support ITV boxing who are now putting on fights for free from the states and beyond.

Am routing for Degale and slightly lean towards him, I think we would have him as an overwhelming favourite were it not for his performances in his last 3-4 fights but even in those brutal battles with Jack and Truax he displayed his world championship grit and determination. Degale has been talking about potentially retiring after this but am not sure if that rhetoric is a ploy. Eubank will prepare much better then he did for Groves and has finally got himself a trainer, but whether or not he listens to his instructions / game plan is a different story. Agree, ITV are doing an amazing job it's a great time to be a boxing fan. BT will also show all of Tysons fights on ESPN and for me it's great to because they will make the live stream available for purchase online.

Check this bro and listen to it if you have any special headphones put the bass up, man goosebumps. Roy Jones Jr was one of a kind

Am routing for Degale and slightly lean towards him, I think we would have him as an overwhelming favourite were it not for his performances in his last 3-4 fights but even in those brutal battles with Jack and Truax he displayed his world championship grit and determination. Degale has been talking about potentially retiring after this but am not sure if that rhetoric is a ploy. Eubank will prepare much better then he did for Groves and has finally got himself a trainer, but whether or not he listens to his instructions / game plan is a different story. Agree, ITV are doing an amazing job it's a great time to be a boxing fan. BT will also show all of Tysons fights on ESPN and for me it's great to because they will make the live stream available for purchase online.

Check this bro and listen to it if you have any special headphones put the bass up, man goosebumps. Roy Jones Jr was one of a kind

Jones Jnr was certainly unique. He had an incredible defence for a man with such an open front on technique, it was almost as he could see the punches thrown at him in slow motion. A poweful right hand, along with great conditioning made him a very difficult to beat. You can see how fit he was just by looking at the length of his proffsional career, almost 30 years in the top flight!

Jones Jnr was certainly unique. He had an incredible defence for a man with such an open front on technique, it was almost as he could see the punches thrown at him in slow motion. A poweful right hand, along with great conditioning made him a very difficult to beat. You can see how fit he was just by looking at the length of his proffsional career, almost 30 years in the top flight!

Your prime is typically the first 10 years of your career and during this time no one was able to beat Roy Jones, there was that farce DQ loss but he avenged that immediately but if we ignore that then he was basically unbeaten for 50 straight fights and that's despite being incredible offensively, his defence was reliant on his supreme conditioning and reflex's as you say which was fantastic and it was incredible to see him have as much success fighting that way for so many years at the top level, truly is one of a kind and I have him in my top 5 all time list.

Was sad to see Degale lose but full credit to Eubank Jnr for boxing beautifully and executing a shrewd game plan, people will say Chunky was past it but take nothing away from Chris and he was still facing a guy who had regained his world title and had an elite pedigree. Groves was being very bitter talking the opportunity to talk down James when he lost but the fact is his career is far superior and he will go down in the history books as one of the best SMW's ever.

Junior beat a shell of a fighter in a pretty messy fight. I think any of the genuine world title holders would beat Eubank.

All British clash with Smith should be next...Smith to stop Eubank late.

Junior beat a shell of a fighter in a pretty messy fight. I think any of the genuine world title holders would beat Eubank.

All British clash with Smith should be next...Smith to stop Eubank late.

While it is true that Degale hadn't completely recovered from the injuries sustained during his brutal fight with Badou Jack; he entered the fight with Eubank Jnr having reclaimed his world title and possessed an elite pedigree which had been proven at the world level so there was more then enough in his tool box to potentially dethrone Eubank Jnr and that was reflected in the odds for this fight; it was a pick em, after the fight we will have a certain view but prior to it I really don't believe anyone would have emphatically picked Eubank Jnr to win the fight and he had so much to prove to; so for me it was also a lot to do with the fact that he boxed beautifully and executed a wonderful game plan

Porter/Ugas and Bivol/SmithJnr are fights which will be on in the early hours of Sunday UK time this weekend, both are great fights; while the champions will be favourites you would still rank both contenders in the top 10 of their respective divisions and present a threat. Ugas had some early losses in his career but is much improved having adjusted to the pro ranks, sound amateur pedigree to being a Olympic medalist / world champion. Smith Jnr only defeat at the top level came against a highly skilled Cuban in Barrera but he packs a massive punch which makes his fight with Bivol interesting.

Very excited for Mikey Garcia / Errol Spence, it will be on next week. UK TV has not been announced but I am hoping it will be in the coming days; most likely ITV given their deal with PBC.

I have enjoyed the build to this fight, has been very organic rather then manufactured and to be honest it is a fight which sort of sells itself despite the disparity in weight. Mikey is a modern great and Spence is widely regarded as the best at 147 lb; there is no reason for Mikey to be taking this fight and he is a smart fighter and he would not have taken it if he didn't believe he could win especially with so much to be gained for him from a legacy POV while a win for Spence would raise his profile although he has been criticised for not emphatically advocating a fight with Crawford.

While it is true that Degale hadn't completely recovered from the injuries sustained during his brutal fight with Badou Jack; he entered the fight with Eubank Jnr having reclaimed his world title and possessed an elite pedigree which had been proven at the world level so there was more then enough in his tool box to potentially dethrone Eubank Jnr and that was reflected in the odds for this fight; it was a pick em, after the fight we will have a certain view but prior to it I really don't believe anyone would have emphatically picked Eubank Jnr to win the fight and he had so much to prove to; so for me it was also a lot to do with the fact that he boxed beautifully and executed a wonderful game plan

He faced a road sweeper for an un recognised world title. Nothing impressive in that. DeGale hasnt been at op fighter for years now.

He faced a road sweeper for an un recognised world title. Nothing impressive in that. DeGale hasnt been at op fighter for years now.

You can't call any fighting man a road sweeper let alone a former world champion and Olympic gold medalist that's casual ignorance. Degale was world champion in 2018 and vacated that title for this fight, he wasn't at his peak but a fighter with his experience and pedigree is going to pose a threat so it is an impressive win over a former champion and top 10 SMW in the world.

For the Eubank v Degale fight, I know there has been a lot of empathis on DeGale being shot but let’s not discount the clash of styles making him look worse than he was?

DeGale was intent at staying out of the pocket and then coming in quickly with a tight guard and a jab or pot shotting with his back hand. All amateurs and most pros will take a step back to protect themselves or take a step back and counter punch. Eubank was adamant (you could see from his face) that he will hold centre and throw heavy shots as DeGale comes in, closing the gap for both fighters and hence the smothering of techniques and holding.

If Eubank acted like a rational boxer and took a half step back then both could of been more effective.

DeGale it appears had a motivation problem and this was backed up with post fight interviews from him and Bellew too, who has a close friend.

Did anybody watch the Warren BT sports show last night?

Daniel Dubois looked decent against his opponent, who is no mug. He had good head and body punches and I will boldly say he is now a top ten in the world heavyweight, albeit lacking in experience. Hard to fault that performance too much, maybe his guard needs tightening as he got clocked a few times.

Anthony Yarde - I just don’t like him. Shoulder roll stance, slow fighting pace and super lazy double jab. I was screaming at my son that he is prime for an overhand right as he has no left guard. I’m not seeing world level qualities here other than an athletic physique.

Humza Sheeraz - Young east London Pakistani boy. Very gangly and surprisingly strong. He will defitnitely fill out to a middle or even super middle over the years.

Williams versus Mullender was a joke of a dangerous stoppage but it happens.

I have enjoyed the build to this fight, has been very organic rather then manufactured and to be honest it is a fight which sort of sells itself despite the disparity in weight. Mikey is a modern great and Spence is widely regarded as the best at 147 lb; there is no reason for Mikey to be taking this fight and he is a smart fighter and he would not have taken it if he didn't believe he could win especially with so much to be gained for him from a legacy POV while a win for Spence would raise his profile although he has been criticised for not emphatically advocating a fight with Crawford.

I have a feeling Mickey could upset the odds. The one thing I really like about him is he keeps on moving forward regardless of the opposition and the way the fight is going. He needs to keep sustained pressure on Spence so he doesn't settle. Mickey also needs to stay away from getting hit with big shots as he has been suspect in his defence in the past.

I hope ITV will show this, would be sad to miss this.

I have a feeling Mickey could upset the odds. The one thing I really like about him is he keeps on moving forward regardless of the opposition and the way the fight is going. He needs to keep sustained pressure on Spence so he doesn't settle. Mickey also needs to stay away from getting hit with big shots as he has been suspect in his defence in the past.

I hope ITV will show this, would be sad to miss this.

I agree with you mate, if I was a punter I wouldn't compatibly bet against Mikey; that will be key for him, not getting caught clean as you say or else he will be in big trouble. I can see this fight potentially being a FOTY candidate and Mikey has the potential to last the distance, if that happens we're in for a thriller. He has been trained by 3 generations of his family and they all would not have taken this if they didn't feel as if there was a chance. Spence's boxing pedigree also shouldn't be overlooked because he will make adjustments of his own to get the best out of his physical advantage/power.

They haven't announced anything at the moment it's a landmark fight and on FOX TV PPV their second I believe after the Manny fight, we should get more information by Thursday latest hopefully

Outstanding fight between Porter and Ugas ! it was very close and competitive, I had Ugas up by a couple of points and preferred his cleaner punches and offence on the counter; made great use of his reach and constantly went to the body and tagged Porter with his right hand all night as he came into work on the inside; Porter changed his tactics for this fight by largely boxing of his back-foot, had some success on the inside and as usual the work rate was impressive so the scoring can be a bit subjective in fights like these. But credit to both men and Ugas proved he is a world class 147 pounder. Porter will now look to face the winner of Spence/Garcia, in the event Mikey is able to win then that would open up the division because there would be no guarantee that Mikey would remain at 147 although I see a super-fight with Crawford most likely if he did stay around at 147 for a bit.

Did anybody watch the Warren BT sports show last night?

Daniel Dubois looked decent against his opponent, who is no mug. He had good head and body punches and I will boldly say he is now a top ten in the world heavyweight, albeit lacking in experience. Hard to fault that performance too much, maybe his guard needs tightening as he got clocked a few times.

Anthony Yarde - I just don’t like him. Shoulder roll stance, slow fighting pace and super lazy double jab. I was screaming at my son that he is prime for an overhand right as he has no left guard. I’m not seeing world level qualities here other than an athletic physique.

Humza Sheeraz - Young east London Pakistani boy. Very gangly and surprisingly strong. He will defitnitely fill out to a middle or even super middle over the years.

Williams versus Mullender was a joke of a dangerous stoppage but it happens.

Dubois is a terrific talent, have been following him for a while; he is a very clinical finisher but at this stage needs more experience and defensive improvement. He went the distance with KJ and some people went overboard with the criticism but he took the step up in opponent quality when he didn't need to and KJ a former world title challenger has only ever been stopped once. The bloke he stopped from Romania is quite durable and has been in the ring with some decent names, more recently Ortiz and he also stopped him in a few rounds so it was an impressive win. Interestingly, Dubois has a younger sister to who at the young age of 17 is a decorated amateur and a huge favourite to win Gold in Tokyo.

Here's the thing with Yarde, he finds himself on a huge platform and it is obvious that there is some raw talent but people tend to forget the little experience he has with just 12 amateur fights before turning pro and with fighters like these with a small apprenticeship prior to the pro level it's important to take your time with them. However, his ranking in the WBO is quite high and you know how some promoters can have sway with various bodies at times (Yarde also has claimed majority of WBO's intercontinental titles) and there is talk of Yarde closing in on a title shot vs Kovalev! that would be a poor move at this stage, but if he manages to last the distance and win a few rounds it would be good for him but I just feel they shouldn't take such a huge step up.

Outstanding fight between Porter and Ugas ! it was very close and competitive, I had Ugas up by a couple of points and preferred his cleaner punches and offence on the counter; made great use of his reach and constantly went to the body and tagged Porter with his right hand all night as he came into work on the inside; Porter changed his tactics for this fight by largely boxing of his back-foot, had some success on the inside and as usual the work rate was impressive so the scoring can be a bit subjective in fights like these. But credit to both men and Ugas proved he is a world class 147 pounder. Porter will now look to face the winner of Spence/Garcia, in the event Mikey is able to win then that would open up the division because there would be no guarantee that Mikey would remain at 147 although I see a super-fight with Crawford most likely if he did stay around at 147 for a bit.
[MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] @Waq

If you guys watched this fight let me know if you feel like there was a knock down by Ugas in round 12, it was ruled a slip by Jack Rees who is a good ref btw; on first look it seems like known down but on the replay Porter looks to have slipped the punch a little but there is some contact there.

Here is the full fight:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x73vu43

Knock-down or slip comes at 44:59 then there is a instant replay few seconds later.

You can't call any fighting man a road sweeper let alone a former world champion and Olympic gold medalist that's casual ignorance. Degale was world champion in 2018 and vacated that title for this fight, he wasn't at his peak but a fighter with his experience and pedigree is going to pose a threat so it is an impressive win over a former champion and top 10 SMW in the world.

I was clearly talking about the guy who DeGale beat to gain his IBO "world" title.

If you guys watched this fight let me know if you feel like there was a knock down by Ugas in round 12, it was ruled a slip by Jack Rees who is a good ref btw; on first look it seems like known down but on the replay Porter looks to have slipped the punch a little but there is some contact there.

Here is the full fight:

Knock-down or slip comes at 44:59 then there is a instant replay few seconds later.

Thanks, I will watch this later.

Didn’t Porter fight now to be heavyweight Usyk as amateurs? Scary that’s he a welter yet fought as a middleweight back then.

Dubois is a terrific talent, have been following him for a while; he is a very clinical finisher but at this stage needs more experience and defensive improvement. He went the distance with KJ and some people went overboard with the criticism but he took the step up in opponent quality when he didn't need to and KJ a former world title challenger has only ever been stopped once. The bloke he stopped from Romania is quite durable and has been in the ring with some decent names, more recently Ortiz and he also stopped him in a few rounds so it was an impressive win. Interestingly, Dubois has a younger sister to who at the young age of 17 is a decorated amateur and a huge favourite to win Gold in Tokyo.

Here's the thing with Yarde, he finds himself on a huge platform and it is obvious that there is some raw talent but people tend to forget the little experience he has with just 12 amateur fights before turning pro and with fighters like these with a small apprenticeship prior to the pro level it's important to take your time with them. However, his ranking in the WBO is quite high and you know how some promoters can have sway with various bodies at times (Yarde also has claimed majority of WBO's intercontinental titles) and there is talk of Yarde closing in on a title shot vs Kovalev! that would be a poor move at this stage, but if he manages to last the distance and win a few rounds it would be good for him but I just feel they shouldn't take such a huge step up.

Agreed with Dubois. Great talent just needs to learn the sneakiness of the pro game and not become a Bruno type fighter. To be fair he’s laying people out at aged 17 and 18 so I understand why it will take time.

With Yarde, he just needs to fight at a higher level. Not Kovalev unless you dislike Yarde!

I was clearly talking about the guy who DeGale beat to gain his IBO "world" title.

Degale has never won the IBO title. He beat Direll to win the IBF world title, lost it in 2017 and then regained it from Truax 5 months later.

Agreed with Dubois. Great talent just needs to learn the sneakiness of the pro game and not become a Bruno type fighter. To be fair he’s laying people out at aged 17 and 18 so I understand why it will take time.

With Yarde, he just needs to fight at a higher level. Not Kovalev unless you dislike Yarde!

Good one :))

Thanks, I will watch this later.

Didn’t Porter fight now to be heavyweight Usyk as amateurs? Scary that’s he a welter yet fought as a middleweight back then.

Yes this is true and very unreal! Another interesting fact from the amateurs, Khan beat Ugas who was in the world title fight more recently during amateurs and also dropped him en-route to a big points win. Porter back then was just 17! it's insane to imagine that when you look at the contrast in styles never mind the weight disparity lol

Degale has never won the IBO title. He beat Direll to win the IBF world title, lost it in 2017 and then regained it from Truax 5 months later.

My bad, but truax is the guy I'm talking about. The first fight between the two was supposed to be a formality, DeGale to get his defence then move onto a bigger fight. Yet he lost and HAD to rematch him. The same truax who somehow got a title shot by fighting a guy with more losses than wins and an unknown.

So my point still stands. DeGale had not looked like a world beater for years before facing Eubank and yes, Eubank got a name on his record but we still have to remember this is the guy who looked lost at sea against Groves and Saunders. Lets not get too carried awa is what I was saying originally, everything must be put into context.

f you're af an, that is great, I was once too. But aart from looking athletic, he doesnt have much going for him. None of his powers father, none of that skill and an inability to listen (which may be changing but well see).

My bad, but truax is the guy I'm talking about. The first fight between the two was supposed to be a formality, DeGale to get his defence then move onto a bigger fight. Yet he lost and HAD to rematch him. The same truax who somehow got a title shot by fighting a guy with more losses than wins and an unknown.

So my point still stands. DeGale had not looked like a world beater for years before facing Eubank and yes, Eubank got a name on his record but we still have to remember this is the guy who looked lost at sea against Groves and Saunders. Lets not get too carried awa is what I was saying originally, everything must be put into context.

f you're af an, that is great, I was once too. But aart from looking athletic, he doesnt have much going for him. None of his powers father, none of that skill and an inability to listen (which may be changing but well see).

I don't believe that I have implied anywhere that Degale was in prime form but to suggest that all Eubank would have to do is show up to beat him then that is something I strongly disagree with, furthermore the odds before this fight were even and Degale was more then capable of defeating Chris. Furthermore, up until 2018 Degale was in either ranked as the no.1 or no.2 SMW in the world; even after his defeat to Truax he found himself in the top 7 in the world. Additionally, he also avenged his defeat; you can also argue why Hashim Rahman deserved a title shot vs Lewis after being beaten by Tua and the little known Oleg but he beat Lewis; but that loss was also avenged. If a fighter suffers a string of defeats and finds himself outside the championship realm then you have an argument of a former champion being at the domestic level. So while I accept that Degale wasn't exactly in prime form he commands respect, had regained his world and was capable of beating Eubank with his championship pedigree/experience, that too when you put him before a Eubank you do not rate very highly anyway....

Going back to Eubank, yes he was eviscerated by Groves but that fight with Saunders was actually pretty close. I don't think anyone is ranking Eubank as the no.1 SMW in the world but a constructive analysis of his performance should be the least we expect and the fact is while Degale wasn't exactly in top form he presented a risk but Eubank bought a game plan to the table for once and executed it beautifully so that deserves credit and regardless a win over any former champion is respected regardless of the circumstances.

Here is the full fight:

If you look at Ugas then he didn’t catch Porter with the knuckle and although most of the punch was taken by Porter on his glove, some of the fist hit Porter’s head.

There is no evidence of a slip as he fell with the impact.

It was a soft knockdown but a knockdown nevertheless.

I still compete as a boxer (I’m just a lowly white collar heavyweight these days) and I have been knocked down in the later rounds if I’m exhausted.

Porter was definitely exhausted because in round 11 and 12, he was launching attack’s with no guard and had lost his fundamentals.

If you look at Ugas then he didn’t catch Porter with the knuckle and although most of the punch was taken by Porter on his glove, some of the fist hit Porter’s head.

There is no evidence of a slip as he fell with the impact.

It was a soft knockdown but a knockdown nevertheless.

I still compete as a boxer (I’m just a lowly white collar heavyweight these days) and I have been knocked down in the later rounds if I’m exhausted.

Porter was definitely exhausted because in round 11 and 12, he was launching attack’s with no guard and had lost his fundamentals.

I've fought regionally as an amateur when younger and use to be done by the 3rd round mate :))) these guys are something else. Also, am not a huge fan of white collar boxing because I don't have faith in how it is regulated and would prefer if people went down the ABA route so be careful mate

I agree with you to, it was a soft knock down; but should we be calling it excellent refereeing in that case or something which should have been given regardless ? in a fight like this it would have decided the winner so it was a pivotal moment. Going back to how exhausted fighters can be, Porter immediately after began to jump on the spot to get his legs going again.

[MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION]

Final Presser was great and quite intense, Spence who normally is very clam lashed out a bit. Both are extremely motivated for this.

Also some good news that ITV4 will be showing the fight for free, I'd have paid for it regardless

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">We've got more details for this weekend's live boxing on <a href="https://twitter.com/ITV4?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@ITV4</a> including an earlier start time of 1:00am Sunday (Saturday night ⏰) <br><br>Head to our website for more details:<a href="https://t.co/v2oA2dfiIZ">https://t.co/v2oA2dfiIZ</a> <a href="https://t.co/Cxgr1sIgJW">pic.twitter.com/Cxgr1sIgJW</a></p>— ITV Boxing (@ITVBoxing) <a href="https://twitter.com/ITVBoxing/status/1105516267543449600?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 12, 2019</a></blockquote>

Card will start from 1am here in the UK on ITV4, can't believe Spence/Garcia will be free. The fight will not start earlier then 4am so it may be worth setting your alarm for 3.30am perhaps, I will be up for the entire card lol Maybe order some Pizza from Dominos to :afridi

Great night of boxing overall with all fights worth watching.

I enjoyed the Chris Arreola victory. Stick him in with the likes of Parker and Chisora.

Spence impressed me a lot. Yes he is bigger than Garcia but it wasn’t just the size or Spence’s engine, it’s tbe subtle angles, feet and head movement that allowed him to come forward and put a beating on Garcia.

We often forget how good some of the Americans are, and this show had lots of American and Mexican talent

Very good performance from Spence, technically sound and while he was the bigger man in there he showed that defensively he is not someone so easy to penetrate with his upper body movement, foot work and shoulder rolls.

Mikey displayed tremendous heart and determination to go the distance, he had a few moments in the fight but I was shocked he wasn't stopped but his defence is pretty good at the same time with many of the punches hitting his arms and gloves but you couldn't help but cringe every time a shot did get through and he was relentlessly attacked to the body; the fight should have been stopped after the 9th and Garcia is someone who has no quit in him so maybe his corner should have known better but Mexicans are very proud.

Spence and Crawford must fight next, no excuses.

Great night of boxing overall with all fights worth watching.

I enjoyed the Chris Arreola victory. Stick him in with the likes of Parker and Chisora.

Spence impressed me a lot. Yes he is bigger than Garcia but it wasn’t just the size or Spence’s engine, it’s tbe subtle angles, feet and head movement that allowed him to come forward and put a beating on Garcia.

We often forget how good some of the Americans are, and this show had lots of American and Mexican talent

Safe to say WBC used their politics to put the belt on a name in Dirrell so he could be fed to Benavidez down the line lol But make no mistake, Benavidez looks the real deal for me the man is a machine offensively and great to watch, I have no doubt he will become world champion. Would love to see him face Callum Smith, that would be a great fight after he has faced Direll for the WBC title.

I agree, Arreola showed me he still has a bit left in the tank was quite surprised because he has been in the wars and age isn't on his side; then again it's tough to judge him vs this quality of opposition but the man was in decent shape and showed a great deal of intent; wouldn't be a bad opponent for the likes of Chisora at all

A one sided fight as you will get between two undefeated champsions. After the first min it was clear Spence jnr was far too big, fast and strong for Garcia. From this point, the fight within the fight was to see all the skills of Spence being unleashed and the big brave heart of Mikey to withstand assault after assault. There aren't too many boxers who the heart and chin of Mickey Garcia, he would have fought for another 12 rounds imo.

Spence Jnr needs to fight Canelo. I will wait until Amir fights Crawford before giving an opinion on Crawford V Spence.

Oh, what a disappointment these first few months in boxing have been, with farce after farce, both in and out of the ring.

I hope Khan/Crawford is at least entertaining, that AJ v Wilder gets made, that Fury actually fights some guys of note and does not coast on the Wilder draw, that Callum Smith defends his titles against worthy challengers and that Kovalev fights the other champs in his division.

Oh and no excuse why Inoue should not be fighting the winner of Sor v Estrada II (can't wait for the rematch, the little men always put on the best shows).

Oh, what a disappointment these first few months in boxing have been, with farce after farce, both in and out of the ring.

I hope Khan/Crawford is at least entertaining, that AJ v Wilder gets made, that Fury actually fights some guys of note and does not coast on the Wilder draw, that Callum Smith defends his titles against worthy challengers and that Kovalev fights the other champs in his division.

Oh and no excuse why Inoue should not be fighting the winner of Sor v Estrada II (can't wait for the rematch, the little men always put on the best shows).

I wouldn't say farce after farce, there has been plenty to entertain purists and those who look for excitement.

All these were decent:

Caleb Plant / Uzcategui
Manny / Broner
Browne / Jack
Munguia / Takeshi
Thurman / Lopez
Kovalev / Alvarez
Eubank / Degale
Bivol / Smith Jnr
Porter / Ugas
Spence / Garcia

There are some in here which were one sided but I still found them aesthetically pleasing from an individual performance POV but I think overall it has been a good start to the year, Boxing is on the up and it's reflected by the number of shows so many different companies put on across a variety of networks all over the world and in between some dull affairs there is certainly more to look forward to when it comes to the upper card / main event scene.

Tbh Fury had to meet every mandatory obligation to get his shot at Wlad and he had some decent wins prior to the win over Wlad relative to the ranking of those fighters and their standing at that point in time, he beat Wlad and then in his first serious fight after a long lay off took on Wilder and beat him but idn't get the decision; he can hardly be criticised to be honest when AJ and Wilder are the ones who need to step up in a similar way; if he does coast on that draw he has earned it and I don't mind watching him Box regardless off opposition when you rarely see a man that big with incredible all round Boxing ability. For once it's good that he is looking out for himself, it's a great deal with Top Rank and he remains the lineal champion; the onus is on Wilder and AJ to chase him. Whyte could be joining Top Rank soon, he has experienced first hand what it's like to dream of a bout with AJ; wouldn't mind a fight between him and Fury at all down the line.

There are rumours that Callum Smith could be facing either Canelo or Jacobs at Anfield, it could be Canelo if the GGG trilogy does not happen and he comes through the Jacobs test. Kovalev must defend his title against mandatory Yarde but a fight with Bivol is just inevitable.

No doubt Inoue will face either of those guys once he wins the WBSS tournament. Gonzales also seems interested in Yafai, that could be a cracker to.

I expect Khan/Crawford to be entertaining even if it lasts for a few rounds, Khan has never been in a dull fight.

I wouldn't say farce after farce, there has been plenty to entertain purists and those who look for excitement.

All these were decent:

Caleb Plant / Uzcategui
Manny / Broner
Browne / Jack
Munguia / Takeshi
Thurman / Lopez
Kovalev / Alvarez
Eubank / Degale
Bivol / Smith Jnr
Porter / Ugas
Spence / Garcia

There are some in here which were one sided but I still found them aesthetically pleasing from an individual performance POV but I think overall it has been a good start to the year, Boxing is on the up and it's reflected by the number of shows so many different companies put on across a variety of networks all over the world and in between some dull affairs there is certainly more to look forward to when it comes to the upper card / main event scene.

Tbh Fury had to meet every mandatory obligation to get his shot at Wlad and he had some decent wins prior to the win over Wlad relative to the ranking of those fighters and their standing at that point in time, he beat Wlad and then in his first serious fight after a long lay off took on Wilder and beat him but idn't get the decision; he can hardly be criticised to be honest when AJ and Wilder are the ones who need to step up in a similar way; if he does coast on that draw he has earned it and I don't mind watching him Box regardless off opposition when you rarely see a man that big with incredible all round Boxing ability. For once it's good that he is looking out for himself, it's a great deal with Top Rank and he remains the lineal champion; the onus is on Wilder and AJ to chase him. Whyte could be joining Top Rank soon, he has experienced first hand what it's like to dream of a bout with AJ; wouldn't mind a fight between him and Fury at all down the line.

There are rumours that Callum Smith could be facing either Canelo or Jacobs at Anfield, it could be Canelo if the GGG trilogy does not happen and he comes through the Jacobs test. Kovalev must defend his title against mandatory Yarde but a fight with Bivol is just inevitable.

No doubt Inoue will face either of those guys once he wins the WBSS tournament. Gonzales also seems interested in Yafai, that could be a cracker to.

I expect Khan/Crawford to be entertaining even if it lasts for a few rounds, Khan has never been in a dull fight.

Plant/Uzcategui was nice to watch but it is hardly a high caliber match up.

Broner should never have got yet another pay day. Can you tell me what was good about this fight?

I mean, from that list, the only relevant, world level contests were Kov/ALvarez and possibly Porter/Ugas or Spence/Garcia (which was indeed a farce).

I think the year could be getting better as the upcoming fights are interesting and I agree, Khan is never in a dull fight anyway.

Plant/Uzcategui was nice to watch but it is hardly a high caliber match up.

Broner should never have got yet another pay day. Can you tell me what was good about this fight?

I mean, from that list, the only relevant, world level contests were Kov/ALvarez and possibly Porter/Ugas or Spence/Garcia (which was indeed a farce).

I think the year could be getting better as the upcoming fights are interesting and I agree, Khan is never in a dull fight anyway.

The quality of boxing overall has been very good but I see what you mean however those types of fights that you look for are not made so easily like no.1 v no.2 or unifications but I tend to follow from the mid card to main event scene as well, it is the first quarter though so lets see. PBC have the best pool of 147 pounders so that's something to look forward to although I don't see Spence/Crawford being made anytime soon or Loma/Garcia due to the different promotional companies involved. Besides that like you said before the little men tend to get it on a lot more often so bantamweight/feather/fly/super-fly are always exciting. There's a chance AJ/Fury/Wilder/Whyte could be involved to this year, see atleast one match up to come out among those names.

Cruser, SMW and LHW are all marinating, with vacated titles and lack of unified champions we can expect title fights among top 5.

Regarding Manny v Broner, it was spectacular for me because I was thrilled by Manny's footwork, speed, angles and combination punching; it was truly a sight to behold, this freak of nature destroyed Broner despite being so far out of his prime which shows you the ATG pedigree, he would give any of the top welters a good fight. With Spence v Garcia, yes it was one sided but what was there not to like about watching Spence produce such a beautiful performance...he had his advantages but no one would have predicted such a dominant performance, he boxed off the back foot and used his height/reach really well, I loved how the jab was utilised, foot movement and especially his defence, enjoyed the shoulder rolls, upper body evasive movement and how he was side stepping so flawlessly then putting it on Garcia when he needed to with the relentless body work and incredible work rate so I enjoyed it a great deal.

I haven't seen much promotion for Khan v Crawford with it only being a few weeks away now.

Have been watching a lot of Crawfords fights recently and I think Khan has a chance. Crawford has incredible accuracy, speed and movement but due to him not being a huge man and also boxes with an open stance often, leaving his guard down , I think Amir can score points with his combinations. If it goes to points, Amir only has to win 7 rounds to be world champ again.

What tactics do you feel Khan employ against Crawford and how can he win?

I haven't seen much promotion for Khan v Crawford with it only being a few weeks away now.

Have been watching a lot of Crawfords fights recently and I think Khan has a chance. Crawford has incredible accuracy, speed and movement but due to him not being a huge man and also boxes with an open stance often, leaving his guard down , I think Amir can score points with his combinations. If it goes to points, Amir only has to win 7 rounds to be world champ again.

What tactics do you feel Khan employ against Crawford and how can he win?

I had a dream where Amir was out boxing him but was knocked down twice in the fight and then Crawford won on points despite being behind :)))

I think Amir is 500 million % going down in this fight, but can he take that power ? against Vargas he was saved by the bell so am not sure. Crawford has an incredible in-ring IQ so it's hard for me to see how Amir could win but assuming this is Amir from 2014 the one who fought Alexander then the best bet is to keep Crawford on the backfoot, throw controlled combinations and not allow him to get into any kind of rhythm which prevents him from setting Khan up or finding it difficult. But I think that Crawford is just too skilled, sharp, quick and has amazing reflex's to so I think the best way for Amir to win this fight is to knock Crawford out early by putting it on him like Hearns did vs Hagler although that is highly risky but I just can't see another way ? because there are question marks on Amir's fitness, engine, defence and concentration powers; while he has done well against boxers in the past, Crawford is no ordinary technician and with Amir's best days behind him it's going to be very tough. So if he overwhelms him with his size and sits on his punches, perhaps he will buzz Crawford; if he manages that then we know Amir can be a clinical finisher.

This could be the first time that Amir is out-boxed on a level playing field in terms of weight if the fight does go the distance, but I do expect it to be exciting. InshaAllah he wins but I don't think he can do it this time unfortunately, but that's what I feel; he has to go for an early KO, what do you think about that ?

I had a dream where Amir was out boxing him but was knocked down twice in the fight and then Crawford won on points despite being behind :)))

I think Amir is 500 million % going down in this fight, but can he take that power ? against Vargas he was saved by the bell so am not sure. Crawford has an incredible in-ring IQ so it's hard for me to see how Amir could win but assuming this is Amir from 2014 the one who fought Alexander then the best bet is to keep Crawford on the backfoot, throw controlled combinations and not allow him to get into any kind of rhythm which prevents him from setting Khan up or finding it difficult. But I think that Crawford is just too skilled, sharp, quick and has amazing reflex's to so I think the best way for Amir to win this fight is to knock Crawford out early by putting it on him like Hearns did vs Hagler although that is highly risky but I just can't see another way ? because there are question marks on Amir's fitness, engine, defence and concentration powers; while he has done well against boxers in the past, Crawford is no ordinary technician and with Amir's best days behind him it's going to be very tough. So if he overwhelms him with his size and sits on his punches, perhaps he will buzz Crawford; if he manages that then we know Amir can be a clinical finisher.

This could be the first time that Amir is out-boxed on a level playing field in terms of weight if the fight does go the distance, but I do expect it to be exciting. InshaAllah he wins but I don't think he can do it this time unfortunately, but that's what I feel; he has to go for an early KO, what do you think about that ?

It's like a good dream turning into a nightmare lol.

I would say he has to be aggressive early on, not wild but needs to throw a lot of punches in the first 2 rounds and hope he can land a fair few. It doesn't matter who the opponent is once you get hit reguarly it will make you more cautious going forward. Crawford has a good chin though, Gamboa connected a fair few times but didn't seem to worry Crawford, so going for the KO prob wouldn't work.

One thing in Khan's favour is Crawford has not fought anyone with Khan's boxing skills, which made him look even better than he is. The other thing we have to factor is Khan will be highly motivated for this fight, which he hasnt been for a long time. Amir wants to be a future hall of famer, he believes he is that good and frankly he's very lucky to get this opportunity to make the claim. He's not going for a payday otherwise he would have fought Brook.

Crawford is of course capable of knocking him out but I have a feeling at worst Khan will be stopped not knocked out because both are great boxers and for much of the fight it will be like a chess match. Khans fitness will come into play but I he is back with Tony Brady and having seen recent pictures of him, he looks pretty ripped to me. He will be the bigger stronger man and imo still the fastest. It all depends on how he performs because he has the tools to for an upset here.

Khan can win this fight. Nobody has outboxed khan on the professional level and I don’t think Bud has the power to knock a motivated/healthy Khan.

Khan needs to be active the first couple of rounds and steal them. Heading into the later rounds Crawford will feel the urgency and he will push the pace. THIS is what will decide the fight. Khan has to tie up when Crawford tries to get on the inside.

Anyone who has fought khan has always been shook of his speed and they give him the first couple of rounds until they can match his timing (Garcia/Canelo). Khan should take the first 3 rounds and try to win a couple in the middle.

I don’t know why I just have a feeling khan will beat Crawford.

It's like a good dream turning into a nightmare lol.

I would say he has to be aggressive early on, not wild but needs to throw a lot of punches in the first 2 rounds and hope he can land a fair few. It doesn't matter who the opponent is once you get hit reguarly it will make you more cautious going forward. Crawford has a good chin though, Gamboa connected a fair few times but didn't seem to worry Crawford, so going for the KO prob wouldn't work.

One thing in Khan's favour is Crawford has not fought anyone with Khan's boxing skills, which made him look even better than he is. The other thing we have to factor is Khan will be highly motivated for this fight, which he hasnt been for a long time. Amir wants to be a future hall of famer, he believes he is that good and frankly he's very lucky to get this opportunity to make the claim. He's not going for a payday otherwise he would have fought Brook.

Crawford is of course capable of knocking him out but I have a feeling at worst Khan will be stopped not knocked out because both are great boxers and for much of the fight it will be like a chess match. Khans fitness will come into play but I he is back with Tony Brady and having seen recent pictures of him, he looks pretty ripped to me. He will be the bigger stronger man and imo still the fastest. It all depends on how he performs because he has the tools to for an upset here.

Thing is that Gamboa fight happened a while back and Crawford wasn't the complete fighter he is now, but he still got the W; people also overlook the credibility of Gamboa to who was an Olympic Gold Medalist and former Unified world champion, he was moving up in weight and was also much smaller to so he presented a different stylistic challenge in terms of speed/skill and pedigree, Crawford won that fight by walking him down, one thing which that fight did show me even at an early stage was Crawford's ability to adapt to the situation. I agree he doesn't have an amazing resume in terms of opposition quality but he passes the eye test.

True, you're right he may well have prepared really well in this fight. For me win or lose he should still be in the HOF but I agree that this would cement his position and legacy. Also mate, I saw an Amir interview where he stated there is a rematch clause so if does win he will be facing Crawford again and then have another fight before retiring. But I think that in the instance Amir does lose, he will still manage to get another title shot some how and really try desperately to win another title in a very tough division where the top 7-8 could all become champion lol

I saw those images, does seem in decent shape and they have been smart about getting the weight off in a controlled manner.

Khan can win this fight. Nobody has outboxed khan on the professional level and I don’t think Bud has the power to knock a motivated/healthy Khan.

Khan needs to be active the first couple of rounds and steal them. Heading into the later rounds Crawford will feel the urgency and he will push the pace. THIS is what will decide the fight. Khan has to tie up when Crawford tries to get on the inside.

Anyone who has fought khan has always been shook of his speed and they give him the first couple of rounds until they can match his timing (Garcia/Canelo). Khan should take the first 3 rounds and try to win a couple in the middle.

I don’t know why I just have a feeling khan will beat Crawford.

On a level playing field I would agree but Canelo is the first and only guy so far to out-box Khan, although Amir was winning some early rounds; Canelo was very shrewd in using his size and physical advantages to overwhelm Amir by applying constant pressure and working the body, he barely through the right hand and when he did it was outside Amir's eye line, he looped it and took him out but it wasn't just one of those big lucky haymakers, he set it up beautifully; Amir has also gone on record saying people don't give Canelo's boxing ability enough credit. Having said that, outside Canelo; Crawford is arguably the toughest opponent of Amir's career and more importantly; I believe he is also capable of out boxing Amir over the distance.

Make sure you check this fight out guys!
[MENTION=142288]TQ89[/MENTION] [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] [MENTION=146504]barah_admi[/MENTION] @Waq

[MENTION=142288]TQ89[/MENTION] [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] [MENTION=146504]barah_admi[/MENTION] @Waq

What was Maxwell doing and what was his opponent doing . :rp

Maxwell of course had the far superiour boxing skills and although his opponent showed a lot of courage , his boxing skills were limited. It was a terrible performance from Maxwell esp his defence which was awful. You cant get hit with wild swiming over hard rights and even worse straight down the pipe. I can only think Maxwell wasn't prepared or was over confident thinking he could just evade the shots with ease and tbh he should have. One of the basics of boxing is to move your head and feet to keep a distance so you dont get hit by jabs easily, Maxwell was very poor.

Credit to him though to come back with a brutal knockdown but his opponent will never live down his arrogant idiotic antics which caused him to lose a won fight in the last 15 seconds! It;s boxing not footbal or cricket, even a few seconds in the final round can be dangerous. I hope youngster beauties who are up and coming boxers learn this vital lesson.:wy

I watched that on YT as it came up as a suggestion andi t was hilarious. The other guy was clowning him and then took a straight and fell, out cold almost.

I watched that on YT as it came up as a suggestion andi t was hilarious. The other guy was clowning him and then took a straight and fell, out cold almost.

The entire fight is worth a watch :)) Maxwell was knocked down in the first two rounds as well :yk3 nothing more beautiful then an arrogant frenchman getting whooped

What was Maxwell doing and what was his opponent doing . :rp

Maxwell of course had the far superiour boxing skills and although his opponent showed a lot of courage , his boxing skills were limited. It was a terrible performance from Maxwell esp his defence which was awful. You cant get hit with wild swiming over hard rights and even worse straight down the pipe. I can only think Maxwell wasn't prepared or was over confident thinking he could just evade the shots with ease and tbh he should have. One of the basics of boxing is to move your head and feet to keep a distance so you dont get hit by jabs easily, Maxwell was very poor.

Credit to him though to come back with a brutal knockdown but his opponent will never live down his arrogant idiotic antics which caused him to lose a won fight in the last 15 seconds! It;s boxing not footbal or cricket, even a few seconds in the final round can be dangerous. I hope youngster beauties who are up and coming boxers learn this vital lesson.:wy

Maxwell is quite sound technically but I think after the first two knock downs his head was scrambled and he wasn't thinking about what he wanted to do and was trying to out muscle his opponents instead of setting up his offence, he did get better as the fight progressed but the frenchman was landing some pretty clean blows; he wasn't too shabby as an amateur himself reaching either the national or european finals at one point. When that joey was dancing in the final round he actually had Maxwell hurt lmao but he didn't go for the finish then got put on his bum :))) While this was a poor performance it was a great learning fight and Maxwell can take confidence from the heart and determination he showed, plus he will know that he can carry his power late

[MENTION=146504]barah_admi[/MENTION] [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION]

Ariza may be a little biased here but I have to agree with him, when we look at fighters who he has worked with and how they lost when he was sacked makes you question just how instrumental his training regime and nutrition was for fighters. His biggest issue was being very very out spoken and that rubbed many lead trainers the wrong way. But when Ariza had complete authority Khan never lost a fight, he was forced to deviate during the Garcia camp and there have been so many stories of in-fighting during the build up to that clash

Smith vs Eggington: David Price reacts furiously towards Kash Ali at final press conference

David Price reacted furiously after being branded a "quitter" by Kash Ali as the heavyweight duo became embroiled in a fiery row at the final press conference.

The Liverpudlian could not contain his anger after Ali questioned his desire for battle ahead of their clash on the Liam Smith-Sam Eggington undercard in Liverpool on Saturday night, live on Sky Sports.

Ali had barely started speaking when Price launched a venomous response towards the Birmingham man.

"I'll tell you exactly what's going to happen on Saturday night, lad," said Price. "This is the big stage. You're going to be like a rabbit in the headlights. I'm going to send you back to the leisure centres.

"I've seen what you've been saying, it's nothing that I haven't read or seen before, 'oh he's a quitter.' Do you think I'm going to quit against you lad?

"You throw about 20 punches a round. You'll go back to being a sparring partner."

Both men have already trade punches in sparring, although Ali insists he has taken his career more seriously in recent years, and intends to deliver another crushing setback to Price.

"Listen, I sparred with you two years ago. I've had 15 fights. I've got out of bed for none of them," said Ali. "You better know I'm coming for you mate.

"I'm coming for you. You can't do nothing."

But a fired-up Price vowed to inflict a punishing defeat as he attempts to stay in contention for more major fights.

"I'm made up you've gone like this, because I thought you were half alright," said Price. "You're going to get your head punched in. Wait and see, lad

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/ne...ly-towards-kash-ali-at-final-press-conference

David Price reacted furiously after being branded a "quitter" by Kash Ali as the heavyweight duo became embroiled in a fiery row at the final press conference.

The Liverpudlian could not contain his anger after Ali questioned his desire for battle ahead of their clash on the Liam Smith-Sam Eggington undercard in Liverpool on Saturday night, live on Sky Sports.

Ali had barely started speaking when Price launched a venomous response towards the Birmingham man.

"I'll tell you exactly what's going to happen on Saturday night, lad," said Price. "This is the big stage. You're going to be like a rabbit in the headlights. I'm going to send you back to the leisure centres.

"I've seen what you've been saying, it's nothing that I haven't read or seen before, 'oh he's a quitter.' Do you think I'm going to quit against you lad?

"You throw about 20 punches a round. You'll go back to being a sparring partner."

Both men have already trade punches in sparring, although Ali insists he has taken his career more seriously in recent years, and intends to deliver another crushing setback to Price.

"Listen, I sparred with you two years ago. I've had 15 fights. I've got out of bed for none of them," said Ali. "You better know I'm coming for you mate.

"I'm coming for you. You can't do nothing."

But a fired-up Price vowed to inflict a punishing defeat as he attempts to stay in contention for more major fights.

"I'm made up you've gone like this, because I thought you were half alright," said Price. "You're going to get your head punched in. Wait and see, lad

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/ne...ly-towards-kash-ali-at-final-press-conference

The irony of Price's behaviour, don't know where he got this new found confidence from and arrogance; probably has been fake this entire time and used his act as damage control in aftermath of his severe KO defeats, he gets way too much sympathy.

What a embarassment

Kash Ali disqualified for biting David Price in heavyweight bout
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/47762848

Very strange from Ali. David Price is a bum, anytime he's fought a world class fighter he has lost badly. Ali hurt him in round 5 and even though he was hurt too the fight was pretty much on. If Ali saw out the round he had a great chance to knock out Price or stop him with some big shots but instead he starts biting him when both fighters are on the floor.

Biting happens in boxing but Im confused as to why Ali bit him not just once but four times! I dont accept what people such as Tony Bellow have stated. Ali didn't bite him because he wanted out, othewise he wouldn't have bit him in round 3 when he was in no trouble.
[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] what did you make of it?

Very strange from Ali. David Price is a bum, anytime he's fought a world class fighter he has lost badly. Ali hurt him in round 5 and even though he was hurt too the fight was pretty much on. If Ali saw out the round he had a great chance to knock out Price or stop him with some big shots but instead he starts biting him when both fighters are on the floor.

Biting happens in boxing but Im confused as to why Ali bit him not just once but four times! I dont accept what people such as Tony Bellow have stated. Ali didn't bite him because he wanted out, othewise he wouldn't have bit him in round 3 when he was in no trouble.
[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] what did you make of it?

I agree he was still in the fight and could have knocked Price out potentially but either he did that in the heat of the moment being on such a stage for the first time or it was pre-meditated in the sense of him looking for a way out given that he did it about four times. But I think we need consistency regarding how we deal with him, Bellew called for a life ban but always does a bhangra over his friend Chisora who has bitten a fighter in the past etc

Smith vs Eggington should never have been made, it was horrifying to watch because you just knew stylistically it was going to be a barbaric execution and I thank God that Smith was merciful, while he punished Eggington he didn't completely load up and kept telling the ref Sam can't exactly see. Trust Eddie to have booked that. The fight between Fowler and Fitzgerald was great domestic dust up and FOTY candidate

Back